Suggestion

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Suggestion

Post by Sia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:59 am

Instead of giving people 5 points on their birthday, why not let them grab one of the "packs" that we always give out during member appreciation months?
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Rain21199

Suggestion

Post by Rain21199 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 am

The packs are worth quite a lot more than 5 points. We'd have to scale down the packages quite a lot in order to make it work as a birthday gift i.e. 5 points, 8 points worth of jutsu, 1 stat point, 3 points across all characters, or something along those lines, but as it stands the birthday points are just a small way of rewarding someone for being alive another year and it's just a gift for nothing in return. As such the rewards aren't supposed to be that great.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

Sia

Suggestion

Post by Sia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 am

No, I'm saying that with all of our prices having been adjusted up over the years (namely jutsu costs and etc) 5 points aint squat. Reward people for coming on on their bday by giving them more than a measly 5 points. Member appreciation months are gifts for nothing in return, so that argument isn't very relevant. But hell, even just offering a scaled down version of the typical "member appreciation" rewards packages would be cool.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Fake

Suggestion

Post by Fake » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 am

Rain21199:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am
The packs are worth quite a lot more than 5 points. We'd have to scale down the packages quite a lot in order to make it work as a birthday gift i.e. 5 points, 8 points worth of jutsu, 1 stat point, 3 points across all characters, or something along those lines, but as it stands the birthday points are just a small way of rewarding someone for being alive another year and it's just a gift for nothing in return. As such the rewards aren't supposed to be that great.
That's understandable, but the 'freebie' events also operate under the premise that you're not getting anything in return. There's really no reason for them not to be bigger TBH--being once a year makes it hardly exploitable if at all, and it's a lot more motivating to receive something significant than to receive a measly 5 points. I don't see why it wouldn't be a reasonable venture.
NameVillageRankOrganizationTest★ YATO ★KonohaA-RankThe God HandTest★ AYATO ★Knowledge CountryC-RankKobushi KaishuuTest

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Suggestion

Post by Legacy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Any stat perk awarded will count to the Stat training counter. So long as a person is aware of this and the potential risks that it entails I don't see why the subject can't be put on the table for discussion.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Suggestion

Post by Director » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 am

To address why I do not want to use one of the member appreciation packs is its too much of a reward. This is meant simply nothing but a checking in here's something for posting that it was your birthday. I understand member appreciation runs similarly where its just a check-in cash grab. However member appreciation and the birthday check have two completely different intentions. Diminishing the intentions means you're diminishing the reason for the reward. The intention of the birthday gift is just a menial point grab meant to be like a happy birthday wish, but nothing too game changing. While the intent of member appreciation is to award something nice and pleasing to the members because we want to show you we appreciate you guys being here. The birthday is meant to be nothing more than a, "thanks for checking in, take this because you posted it was birthday".

However I understand with the point increase of everything its not worth as much as it was back then. So this isn't to say I'm ignoring your suggestion, or think it doesn't have any value. Because as you've guys have said, point values have changed, the value of things have changed so it seems lack luster that the reward hasn't so it is undoubtedly for lack of a better term, low balled. So I'm interested in seeing what we can do about it via increasing the points, offering alternatives, and making it a well balanced choice selection surrounding the typical worth accounting for the changes in everything. However I do believe making them a member appreciation pack would be a bit on the extreme, and sort of expedite the process of growing your character via other means than meaningful development.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Sia

Suggestion

Post by Sia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:05 pm

So make them a nerfed version of the typical appreciation pack.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Suggestion

Post by Director » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:53 pm

I'll be completely honest with you, I put this on the back burner because I'm currently trying to push a different way of doing Organization rewards, and pushing forward some of the other things we were working on I announced in this recent announcement. Just be a bit patient with me and the staff as we work through these. I'm not trying to sleight this idea or anything, just it isn't a high priority at the moment because its something that isn't as dire as some of the other things. However this doesn't mean it won't happen, just I need to push a few other things through before I start on this.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Sia

Suggestion

Post by Sia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Delegate someone else to start on it.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Sia

Suggestion

Post by Sia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Bump. Did anything ever come of this?
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Sia

Suggestion

Post by Sia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am

Bump.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Nick

Suggestion

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 am

No. We hate everyone and their dumb birthdays.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Suggestion

Post by Niro » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Staff has decided not to increase the birthday rewards.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Servant

Suggestion

Post by Servant » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Well, then, as a counter proposal, how about we remove the birthday rewards all together?

I mean, everyone was born...

Might as well give a belly button reward too.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya