The Start of a Journey

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

The Start of a Journey

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Kureha let out a sigh with a long stretch that brought her arms above her head. The sun was hitting around mid-day, the clouds that dotted the sky were sparse. "The last time I left the village for this long a time, tch, it was to visit the temples that we originated from, tch. Part of me hopes to go back again one day and fix what has been broken and yet, the other half understands that we must always have a reminder of our past, no matter how bleak, tch." She said to the man she was walking with. When she had first embarked on this journey, it made her wonder why he had chosen her to come along.

A soft breeze flew through the air, moving leaves along their path as she was looking over at him. "What do you think, Raikage-sama? Somewhat a dark subject but I figured it would a different change of pace from usual conversation, tch." Her voice was soft for now as she was looking around them. While she waited for his reply, she was thinking about what he had said when he had first requested that she join him. Okafukuya. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. Known for its dealings with the darker elements of humanity. He had mentioned liberating Lightning Country a few times and this being one of the few places that could use it the most.

Especially with recent rumours that had been circulating around. Rumours of strange items that a group within the region had come across very recently. It made her worry. After all, the fact that the Raikage himself had come along to deal with it and brought her made her feel that these rumours might be far more true than what they seemed to be. "On a lighter note, tch, it seems like today will be nice once more. The sun brings out such life within the area that it just makes me smile." A soft laugh arose from her as her eyes scanned the horizon.
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Re: The Start of a Journey

Post by Taiga » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am

It was a sunny day and getting a little warm as noon broke. Luckily, Hayate wasn't operating at maximum effort which spared him the unfortunate feelings associated with direct-sunlight-in-excess-amounts. Striding along he smiled as he listened to the woman next to him- who surprisingly was taller and a little bigger than he was. In regards to the comment she had made, he let out a soft sigh of agreement, before spouting off his affirmation. "All we can do is learn from the past and prevent it from happening in the future." He said with a nod. His own past had been riddled with things he wished he could remove or fix. His once pure and noble ways had become impure and tarnished, but is was the reality he had faced as a shinobi.

"Please, Hayate is more than enough, and for the record, any conversation is alright with me, Kureha." He said tossing a nod. People were too guarded, too safe around him. His reputation often preceded him but he felt a lot of it had to do with just holding the title Raikage. This however was his chance to bond with a higher up of his village, a chance to see what made her tick and help develop the next generation of leaders.

"Certainly is good weather, I do say. I don't suppose you have any Sky Guardian companion- perhaps a mythical beast or a bird of prey from the Roost?" He was unaware of her progress since he had transferred her to the Sky Guards to be their new commander and chief. For the village in the clouds, the skies were to be protected and he saw no better way than from the back of something that flew. He knew it was a hard task to adjust one's way of combat and thinking, but he felt Kureha if anyone was the one he could trust to do it.

"Great day to die, aye?" he said with a chuckle. He was sure Kureha was worried that he was on this mission- and that it meant it was dangerous. In reality however, it was just a chance for him to push development and political ties. He believed if people saw him first hand doing work it would help rebuild the unity of the country, and belief and trust in him and Kumogakure.

FluffyGinja

Re: The Start of a Journey

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Kureha would looked over at Hayate and she nodded her head a few times as she would answer his questions as they came up. "The Sky Guards... are slow to come back to life, tch. It seems I'm its sole member for the time being. I had a prospect or two but they were... not ready yet and they will continue to do what they do, tch. As such, what little time I've had... I've been hunting down a creature, tch. It is hard to track but given some time, something will arise about it, tch." She was purposefully vague on it as she laughed at his comment about it being a lovely day to die.

"I'd like to avoid that, if I can manage it. Life is worth living, after all." There was a deep breath inwards before a gentle breath came outwards. "Well, besides all of my prattling, tch, it seems that we might just be able to do some good when we can finally reach where we need to be, tch." There was a smile on her face, a soft one, as she was letting the warmth of the sun shine down upon her. "Plus, if you were to die... Who would be Raikage? Certainly not myself." She let out with a soft laugh as she was looking over at him.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

The Start of a Journey

Post by Taiga » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 am

Vagueness. Vagueness was one of those many things that vexed the Raikage quite a bit. He was a man of action and a man who wanted to see action. Though generally light hearted he let his more serious slide slip out of his normally impeccable restraint. "I hope I don't need to choose a new comish." he said before continuing on. "Action tomorrow is an action that never takes place." he said as he trudged on forward, a slightly chuckle at the thought that perhaps he would intimidate the amazonian-beauty.

"I agree. There's a lot yet we have to do on this earth before we can go ahead and die." Letting out a sigh, he continued trudging along.
Time passed. Dusk of the First Day. The pair should be arriving at the outskirts of their location.

The Raikage trudged along. The pair was now entering the outskirts of the crime syndicates area. The Bijuu boys. Hayate's eyes had been shifting uneasily ever since they had entered the area.

"Keep your guard up..."

His hand closed his cloak shut and tilted his hat down. The fact that his goal was to increase his presence in the country meant he had to do this in the uniform. Effectively, the pair were constantly walking targets. His eyes darted to the side, than back and forth some more. There were more people around the further towards the town they went.

I can't sense anyth- Before the Raikage could finish his sentence, a massive blue hand- chakra like came out of know where, smacking him dead in the chest and sending him flying off his feet and into a building... Or two... Or three, the shoddily built shacks collapsing on top of him. A loud laugh would ring out as a man in a black skin tight suit walked forward, his hand glowing blue.

"Watta puncher dis one got eh?" he said stepping forward. It would not take a genius to figure out that the suit he was wearing was giving him the ability to wield chakra- and seemingly quite a lot of it. "Rite den, you be da next one ye? he said laughing as he looked at the woman in front of him.

"I no like hittin da women doh."

Meanwhile, beneath the rubble Hayate's head and chest was ringing. He felt like he had a mountain dropped on him as he gasped for air. If he wasn't the man he was- stamina, fortitude, regeneration and all, a similar hit would of put him out of commission.

That would be the surge then...

He laid still.

FluffyGinja

The Start of a Journey

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 am

"You will have no need of a new commissioner, tch. I just need time to get more information for what I need. My action that I do not take now is due to lack of information, not lack of willingness, tch." Trying to reassure him, she placed a few finger on his arm to let him know that she was not someone who was going to wait to get things done.
Before the Raikage had told her to keep her guard up, she was far ahead of him. Her eyes had been darting around the area and before she could even truly think about this moment, something slammed into Hayate with a serious amount of force, sending him flying off. Kureha was stunned for a moment but she was quick to put her guard back up as one of them spoke. During the time that he was speaking, she was performing hand seals as fast as she could. Now that Hayate was out cold, she could finally give something a try that she knew most people weren't going to want to see in the open. When she finished her hand seals, she'd place her hand over her heart delicately and let her other hand rise up to the person who had the large chakra fist.

A wispy trail of red energy would fire off towards the man, fairly rapidly. She'd reach to her side as the red looking wisp would hit the man and pull out her spear, grasping it as she went through a quick series of hand seals before several more of Kureha suddenly appeared around her, each grasping the exact same spear but without this sort of red veil around it. "You've pissed off the wrong woman..." Her voice was clear, without its telltale tick in it. With this technique that she had placed on him, she was making her clones move around him instead, giving her time to get them in position so that he wouldn't be able to escape easily.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Kinjutsu Tethered Fate: Shared Experience
S-Rank Ninpou
A technique forbidden by the elders to prevent young Kyoukan clan members from recklessly killing or endangering themselves, this allows the Kyoukan clan member to link themselves to those who do not willingly accept their link- in other words it allows them to forcefully bind their state to that of an opponents. Like usual, after a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan clan member will place their hand delicately on their heart and with the other hand outstretched towards an opponent, they will then fire a whispy trails of chakra from their hand at a speed of 35 up to 50 meters away. Unlike before this whisp is not pink, but is red. Upon establishing a link between them self and their opponent, both the Kyoukan clan member and the linked will find themselves covered in a strange veil of red smoke-like chakra that is perfectly see-through. This layer is known as the "corrupted spirit shell" and has the a partially reverse function of the normal spirit shell. Weapons, or any thing that would damage the shell seemingly "phases" through them. Wherever they were damaged however, the damage will appear in relativity on both the Kyoukan clan member and the linked opponents bodies. This means that stabbing the Kyoukan clan member or the linked opponent will cause the other one to gain that exact wound as if they were suddenly stabbed by the blade itself. This link remains as long as the clan member has stamina or until cancelled.

*[Ninjutsu • Shadow Clone Technique]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user proceeds to create a number of clones of themselves (maximum is equal to 1/3rd the users stamina). Unlike the Clone Technique, these clones are actual copies of the user in both appearance and substance. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power. The clones are capable of performing jutsu on their own and can even bleed, but they will usually disperse after one or two solid blows. The clones will be created in roughly the same condition as the original and any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. Given that the clones are an exact replica of the user, they share the same stats except for stamina, which is determined by the number of clones presently in effect.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

The Start of a Journey

Post by Taiga » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:01 pm

One of the secrets the Raikage attempted to keep the most was his regeneration. Battles were changed by hidden tricks, and it was often time very simple to use his body as bait knowing that the risk was minimal. It was hard to keep him down for long and that surprise was always useful in battle. Beneath the rubble he was stirring as his chest sizzled, something akin to steam floating off as his chest bubbled and healed. His clothes had been torn and he had spat some blood out onto his robes but otherwise by now he was fine.

"Should of gone for the head..."
The thug was laughing, flexing the giant chakra arm in front of him and showing off. It was clear he was quite immature and perhaps a bit daft, which made the fact he had an item that allowed him to punch out Kage-level combatants all the more frightening. Power was after all a responsibility. He turned to face the giant woman. Had he really pissed off the wrong woman?

"O? yer tinkin dat I am afraid of u conqueror?" the man beat his chest with his other hand, decently hard his eyes locked on the woman. He wasn't going to wait for her to do jutsu. The second after her whisp had been fired, he struck out. The massive blue fist flew forward smashing into the red whisp, as he rocketed forward for her.

He noted that the red whisp seemingly did nothing against the hand.

"yer jootso got now powa gurl, yer man gone, its ova"

He'd raise his fist to strike again.

FluffyGinja

The Start of a Journey

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:28 pm

In her mind, he seemed brutish but slow. He had the strength from something that was augmenting him but he lacked any sort of technique to him. When he swung the first time and dissipated her jutsu, she quickly went to take a quick jump back as she was going to get herself out of the way. While she was leaping back, she was going through a series of hand seals, attempting to get herself some cover as a myriad of clones of herself popped out around her. A numbers advantage was necessary here and she knew it. "Are you sure about that, tch?" She say simply and softly as two of her clones would perform the same jutsu that she had used just prior, hoping to hit him with it at least.

In the meantime, Kureha would throw her spear towards the ground behind him, actively aiming to miss him with it as she had a plan for it later. In her head, she was basically protecting Hayate which is why one of the clones would rush over towards where Hayate was, channeling chakra throughout it as it was going to attempt to mend him up some or at least to the best of her ability. If her technique from the clones were to hit this time, each of the clones would take out the spear at their side and stab themselves in the leg, hoping to give him a serious injury with it.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Ninjutsu • Shadow Clone Technique]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user proceeds to create a number of clones of themselves (maximum is equal to 1/3rd the users stamina). Unlike the Clone Technique, these clones are actual copies of the user in both appearance and substance. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power. The clones are capable of performing jutsu on their own and can even bleed, but they will usually disperse after one or two solid blows. The clones will be created in roughly the same condition as the original and any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. Given that the clones are an exact replica of the user, they share the same stats except for stamina, which is determined by the number of clones presently in effect.
(4 Clones Made)

~Kinjutsu Tethered Fate: Shared Experience
S-Rank Ninpou
A technique forbidden by the elders to prevent young Kyoukan clan members from recklessly killing or endangering themselves, this allows the Kyoukan clan member to link themselves to those who do not willingly accept their link- in other words it allows them to forcefully bind their state to that of an opponents. Like usual, after a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan clan member will place their hand delicately on their heart and with the other hand outstretched towards an opponent, they will then fire a whispy trails of chakra from their hand at a speed of 35 up to 50 meters away. Unlike before this whisp is not pink, but is red. Upon establishing a link between them self and their opponent, both the Kyoukan clan member and the linked will find themselves covered in a strange veil of red smoke-like chakra that is perfectly see-through. This layer is known as the "corrupted spirit shell" and has the a partially reverse function of the normal spirit shell. Weapons, or any thing that would damage the shell seemingly "phases" through them. Wherever they were damaged however, the damage will appear in relativity on both the Kyoukan clan member and the linked opponents bodies. This means that stabbing the Kyoukan clan member or the linked opponent will cause the other one to gain that exact wound as if they were suddenly stabbed by the blade itself. This link remains as long as the clan member has stamina or until cancelled.

Lifebloom
A-Rank Ninjutsu
Kureha will begin by channeling chakra placing her hands on someone. Exponentially stronger than the lower ranked regenerative techniques, this technique is capable of healing just about anything, small-to-moderate wounds taking little to no time, while large wounds take one post of concentration to mend, and mortal wounds take a total of two posts to fully mend. At maximum Kureha can hold this technique for four posts, but due to it's chakra-extensive nature a single-use is not the greatest of ideas.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

The Start of a Journey

Post by Taiga » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 am

The man was increasingly becoming more and more cocky.

"Eh, watza wuman gunna do to me eh?" he said laughing. When the next attack came, he dropped onto one arm in a wild dance-like move, hoisting himself up and spinning, the first red spear attack missing. Looking directly to the stream, the man got mad and through his free arm forward, a massive blue chaka fist releasing into the clone and absolutely smashing it into nothingness with a hit. On the other hand, however, the other clone had hit him due to him compeltely ignoring it in his rage.

He turned his head as he flung back to his feet.

"Eh, das et rab, ya attek do notin to me ye" he said laughing- until the clone shoved a spear into it's leg. Suddenly he dropped to the ground and let out an extremely powerful scream...

Hayate started to fidget more. His body was more than fine but his head was still ringing a little. He began to stir, pushing himself up to a sitting position, the rubble above him falling down and making some noise. He'd push himself to his feet, still a little dizzy but hey, well, that was how things went, wasn't it. Taking a deep breath he looked down the field. Kureha's clone was approaching, he waved, signaling not to worry as he crouched down onto the ground getting ready to break off in a sprint- and with that, he was off at full speed.

Like a crack of lightning and a boom of thunder itself the Raikage came full speed, putting his full force into his hit as his shoulder lowered. The injured opponent couldn't even see it coming, and in the time he was talking to curse "at de fowl witch who du sum voodoo", Hayate slammed right into him with his shoulder.

For most men, this would finish them. For this man, however, Hayate had to give him credit. HIs durability was insane. The man went flying back to the ground wincing in pain... but, he also did not have a crushed torso like expected. The man howled.

Likewise, Kureha's clone was smashed out of thin air, as if an invisible force had impacted her. The clone disappeared into nothing.
USEDShow
Lightning’s Shadow • Thunderstruck
D-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Lunging forward Hayate throws his shoulder down and throws it at the sternum of his opponent. This powerful move makes use of his entire body and it's weight to not only knocks opponents equal to Hayate in strength or weaker off their feet, but knock the wind out of them creating an opening. Opponents which Hayate is far stronger than (by 5 or more points) will usually have their sternums broken on impact.

FluffyGinja

The Start of a Journey

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:45 pm

The clone of Kureha was slowing down as she saw Hayate moving, letting him be as it went to rush back towards the original. Just as the original was about to move in with her weapon's ability, she was stopped by the sudden slamming of the man before he by Hayate, but since she was already in the action of being dragged, she essentially bumped against him and stopped right next to her spear which she picked up. "Well, that... was not what I was expecting. You took your time, ya know that?" There was a bit of teasing for a moment as she was looking right at Hayate and quickly did a few simple seals, before placing her hand on her own chest over her heart and doing the exact same to Hayate to establish a link between them, before once more doing the same to check on his condition. "I doubt I can take a hit so... try not to get hurt, okay? This is just for myself to make sure you aren't going to die right now..."

Her eyes were looking between him and the man on the floor. "I injured his knee... He should be slower now." She stated as she was going to move herself behind Hayate to make sure that she wasn't in the way, taking the time to let her clones that remained move in closer towards Hayate to back him up, their spears being tossed at the down opponent in a hope to pin him there. From what Hayate would notice, she was pretty serious because her typical verbal tic was nowhere to be seen.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Tethered Fate: Touch Link
C-Rank Ninpou
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan clan member will place one hand on their heart and one hand on that of an allies before gracefully pulling both hands away, a whispy trail of chakra seemingly connecting from them to the Those linked to a Kyoukan will find themselves covered in a strange veil of pink smoke-like chakra that is perfectly see-through. This layer is known as the "spirit shell" and is what makes it so no damage can be done to them. Weapons, or any thing that would damage them seemingly "phases" through them. Wherever they were damaged however, the damage will appear in relativity on the Kyoukan clan member's body. This means that stabbing a linked person in the chest will do nothing to them, but their Kyoukan clan member will suddenly gain a stab wound in their chest as if they were stabbed by the blade itself. This link remains as long as the clan member has stamina or until cancelled.

~Tethered Fate: Physical Condition
D-Rank Ninpou
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan clan member will check the vitals of all those they are connected to at that precise moment. This will give them the relative (for example: Perfect, Healthy, Ailed, Unstable, or Critical) core vitals of connected targets: temperature, oxygen rate, blood amount, and heart rate.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

The Start of a Journey

Post by Taiga » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:40 am

Hayate's clothes were torn and his jacket covered in blood- assumedly his own, but beneath the taters his skin was perfectly fine- body too. He did not want to say it out loud as it was one of his trump cards, but he had hoped the iijutsu trained woman had realized what the evidence of an injury, but lack of a wound had meant. He could regenerate. "I don't think you have to worry too much about me getting hurt." Hayate said with a grin as he turned his gaze from his companion to the man who was injured, starting to try to get back up. Hayate raised his hand up, it filling with chakra as he prepared to fire a blast of lightning that would finish their opponent.

"Cut the forbidden from me, please. Save your strength". He continued an icy gaze on the injured man, still struggling to rise. His knee really had been hurt bad. His hand was now crackling with lightning.

"Well, I guess that's tha-" before he could finish his sentence, once more from the corner of his eyes and the pit of chakra he felt building up, he knew something was wrong. Shit. The next thing he knew there was blood every where and his arm was spinning in the air, in front of him, not connected to his elbow.

An axe of a greenish hue- like wind dug into the ground, then disappeared a moment later- and another came flying at his side. By now, the brilliant cloak of lightning around Hayate had turned blue- water oozing out around him. The water took hold of the axe and it once more disappeared, defending him, as Hayate stumbled back.

The water began to turn murky brown and red with his blood.

"Well shit."

Return to “Lightning Empire”