[PB] Anchors Away!

Kit Gol & Dia

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:16 pm

It was late in the night and Kaisui was up on deck enjoying the night air. The moon shining above was the only light and there were no visible land marks around, yet Kaisui knew his heading and direction without even needing a compass. He'd set course for a small island on the border of Water's and Fire's territories. It was the agreed meet up location with Umiko and he was certain she'd be there waiting for him there with Ichiro if the fellow had decided to stick around.

Aimi was currently passed out up in the crow's nest. He'd talked it over with him prior about wanting the ship and the ninja had just laughed at him intending to take it for evidence. Despite that Kaisui hadn't given up hope. Worse case scenario he'd sell the ship from under the shinobi and use the cash to buy another one when they made landfall. Now whether or not the new owner would be able to keep said ship from said shinobi wasn't his problem. After the minor argument Aimi had climed the crow's nest to have a better vantage point of his surroundings, yet had fallen asleep while Kaisui took his turn at the helm.

All in all it had been a quiet night. The ship was sailing so smoothly that for the moment Kaisui didn't even need to utilize any clones. He was hoping the rest of the voyage would remain just as unremarkable and quiet. He had no thoughts of escaping as he had no real reason to do so. He no longer had any desire to remain in water country and so long as Aimi wasn't trying to hand him over to Kumo he had no real issues with the man outside of annoyance.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm

How long had she held on to the boat? Stealthily and patiently waiting for the golden opportunity to strike, she had already failed in fully convincing him to join her cause so this would be her last ditch effort, she knew that either she would leave this country with a weapon on her side or she would return to Kumogakure with his head, failure was not an option to the spy. Once night sky was upon them, she would slowly climb up the back and stealth her way through the ship.

She was looking for her target and trying her damnedest to stay clear of the Jounin, for she knew that if he caught her here then there wouldn't be much she could do. A sigh escaped her breath as she slowly creeped up on Kaisui, she knew that there wouldn't be a way for him to hear her unless his ears were perky enough, the amount of rigorous stealth training she had received from Banri would make certain that she could complete the task at hand. Part of her told her to slice his throat right then and there but the deep thinking part of her brain wanted her to attempt to persuade him once again.

"Nice night for a sail isn't it, Kaisui" Hotaru grabbed Kaisui's mouth and placed the knife on his neck, she then placed one finger on his mouth before she let him go, signalling that she could've killed him but all she wanted to do was speak with him. "Where is the jounin and are we able to speak?" She was whispering because she feared the fact that he might be gazing upon them, though the mere fact that Kaisui was allowed to sail sent a tingle down her spine. Sure Aimi had said that he wanted them out of his country but the mere fact that Kaisui, a Kumogakure missing nin, willy nilly trusted a mortal enemy was baffling, the information Kirigakure could extract from them was terrifying, yet Kaisui didn't seem to display any form of fear. Was he that ignorant to the dangers he was in?
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am

Kaisui would casually point up towards the crow's nest where Aimi was sleeping. As weird as it may have seemed for Hotaru, Kaisui couldn't help but feel relaxed being out on the open sea. This was his element his turf and he had the home field advantage. This ship had no maps and if it wasn't for Kaisui's uncanny nautical navigation ability, Aimi would've been stranded on that island for a time. The enemy's hideout was a significant distance from any other island and even a powerhouse like Aimi would've gotten tired from walking on water or swimming well before reaching another location, and that's if he knew which direction to travel in.

Kaisui didn't doubt that Aimi could figure out how to sail the ship as he'd been helping him with his clones following Kaisui's instructions on operating the ship. But without knowing where one was it's likely he could've ended up trying to sail to the north pole. It was this that had Kaisui confident enough that at least until they made landfall, and Aimi knew where he was. From there he was certain the man would be able to travel anywhere he wanted. He was only useful to Aimi up to that point. From there well he'd either escape to the bottom of the ocean again and stay down there for a month while traveling or find away to escape with the ship. Or at least that was the plan. Hotaru appearing added a whole new aspect to the mix.

"There's a strong wind blowing up there. I doubt he could hear much if your careful about it. Is there a reason you awlays threaten me when we meet? I mean come on I can't even get married now and yet you still point the knife at my neck?"

Smirking Kaisui would whisper back flirting once more in his own weird yet awkward manner. He hadn't forgotten her proposal from before and he assumed that's why she returned to talk to him. He'd become a tad bit more open to working with her as she'd plenty of opportunities to off him before and she hadn't. The fact that she was even talking to him again meant she honestly didn't want to kill him. At least for now anyway.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Hotaru took a deep breath as she began to relax with Kaisui, she could tell by his body language that he didn't seem all too afraid, that and that he didn't seem like he was ready to flee again. This helped soothe her paranoid mind, she retracted her hidden blade and looked where he had pointed, it seemed that they were safe for now, though that didn't mean that she wanted to stand out in the open, so before Kaisui had the chance to turn around she would back away and hide within the shadows.

The only true visible part of her was the outlining of her head, the rest would blend in with the darkness. "Now, have you thought of my proposal? I'd hade to come all this way for nothing as I can't strictly return without result, you should know that." It wasn't really a threat, just the way she spoke and the fact that Kasui was from the same village should tell him all that it was true. Hotaru hadn't come all this way for nothing, but the mere fact that he didn't attempt to fight also showed great progress.

"We can see great use of you on the outside, you can be our eyes and ears on what goes on out here, while I try to provide you with sufficient survival materials, in other words, you won't have to go hungry for too long if things go sour. Provided that you'd have to agree to certain our terms, terms that I will personally make sure won't turn outlandish as time progresses." This part was an outright lie, but she knew that if she kept her tone leveled then there wouldn't be a way for him to know that.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Kaisui would scratch his chin and tilt his head back as if he was deep in thought then quietly scoff. "Food is not something I lack. I'm originally a fisherman by trade. You want me to work for you were gonna have to work on the terms. Not that I'm against helping you, but I need some benefits out of it, so you're gonna have to sweeten the pot a bit before I agree."

He'd smile at her somewhat smugly, sure he knew she could probably kill him but for the same reason as to why he wasn't afraid of Aimi. He was currently the lifeline of returning to mainland. Particularly since the current course wasn't directed towards Water Country itself but for an island at the edge of it's territory.

"Now the asshole up there cleared any possible delusion of having a peaceful quiet life that I may have wanted. The things I'm gonna need to survive, and the tools I'll need to supply you information are gonna coincide a bit now. For one I want this ship. My particular skill set and that of those travelling with me are suited towards the sea as such my new source of income is going to be piracy. To that extent I'll need a ship and this one suits my taste rather well."

He'd turn around his hand gripping the helm his rough hands running over the smooth worn texture of the wood. He'd give the ship a good look as they'd travelled inspecting it. For a group of what he assumed were bandit of a sort, they had good resources. The ship was a clipper, designed for maximum speed efficiency. It had a large enough size that if he outfitted it with some cannons she'd be able to be a formidable terror of the seas. The large amount of canvas and long narrow form was perfect for sailing at speed. Useful for escaping or attacking, it was an ideal pirate ship.

"Secondly, I want the Village of Kumogakure to stop hunting me and to eliminate my bolo in the dousier. I need some time to build up my crew. If you have any leads on merchants that may be able to peddle stolen goods I'd appreciate that as well though that's not mandatory. Now that you know my terms what kind of information would you be wanting me to collect? I can keep an eye on Kirigakure's Navy for you easy. As a pirate they'll be spending quite a bit of time trying to hunt me down. Anything else is open for discussion. I can keep my ears open at port listening to rumors anyone discovers something interesting I'll let you know."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Hotaru looked up towards the spot where the Jounin was hiding, clearly he was going to be a problem for both Hotaru and Kaisui, though at the moment there was nothing she could do, she would have to plan a way to make him disappear, she knew that she wasn't close to being able to out right kill him but she would be able to provide enough distraction for Kaisui to escape, though before she would start planning, she would have to get to the bottom of this deal.

"How long would it take for you to get this boat up and running once I engage with the Jounin? Because I can promise you the boat at least, but about the whole not hunting you is a no go, I don't have that much leeway at the moment, but what I can do is send a bird out to warn you about an ongoing investigation. I won't be able to sway them too much at first, but if you give me enough information about the outside world then I am certain that even the Kage will see the benefit of having you run around on the outside. But first you will have to prove your worth, and that's why I'm here, to give you this once in a life time oppertunity. I know that you already sound like you are enticed but I need your word, or else I have no choice but to hunt you down. Now, If you agree to these terms, then you will have to send a messenger bird to this location every month, that way I can keep track of your sailings records, who you meet and what you have done. I know it sounds excessive but this is just for the start, because I won't be able to keep an eye on you.

Now, you could lie on the piece of papers that you send but by now you should know that I will make sure that every thing written down has happen, all it takes for me is a long annoying investigation and if what you write is a lie, then I will personally hunt you down and this time, Aimi won't be around to annoy me, deal?
" Hotaru passed him a piece of paper containing all the information he would need, she was dead serious about not lying to her as this partnership would do both well if they adhere to it, plus she figured that they could update their agreements in the future, but for now she needed to focus on getting Aimi to lose Kaisui and his ship, which meant that she would have to engage him in a fight, but first things first. "You have to dock this ship and tell Aimi that you need supplies in order to be able to continue your boat ride, this is just a ruse to get him to land. Once you are within the village, whistle and I'll begin my assault, from there on out you need to head back to the boat and sail towards the high heavens, I'll deal with Aimi and find my own escape route. I would've loved a ride back but realistically that won't work because I fear that he would just tear a hole in the boat, which would be detrimental to your future plans." Hotaru chuckled as she crouched down, making her silhouette nonexistent.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 pm

While listening to her words the smile on his face would rapidly disappear only to be replaced by a scowl of irritation. Keeping track of his sailing records, and who he's meeting. He left Kumogakure and had severed ties. If they were to insist on monitoring his every move he'd rather wake up Aimi and let him deal with the problem on hand.

"While I certainly like your plan for escape from Mr. Bones, I still have to say no deal. The fault lies not in how long it'd take me to get the ship going as that's an easy piece of work. Me and a few clones are enough to get her moving and out of sight. The issue lies in the terms of the report. As far as the frequency I don't mind just one a month, however some voyages can take over 4 months to make as such I'm not going to send a report if I'm still out at sea. I'll send a message whenever I set sail on a longer voyage. I will give information about the goings on in the countries I visit and that'll be the most you'll get on my location. I'm not gonna just leave a bread crumb trail for you to follow if you decide I'm no longer useful and want to hunt me. You don't trust me and I don't trust you. Especially not after you've repeatedly threatened my life. The point of being at sea is so I'm harder to find." Clearly she didn't expect him to adhere to all of her terms, that's what it means to barter and discuss terms. Besides if she honestly expected him to follow those terms he might as well pack up and head back to Kumogakure and return to being their bitch.

"As for telling you what I'm doing and who I'm meeting it's not really any of your business. One I'll be raiding ships and committing other crimes, and for your village's sake it's better to not be aware of what I'm doing so you aren't implicated. As for who I'm meeting do you really wanna know every whore I lay when I make land fall? Again something that's not your business. Concerning my crew and those that join I won't say anything or it'll be my head on a silver platter. So the business of me and mine will be our own but I'll make a deal with you on this we won't target ships marked by Kumogakure's sign. And if there's a particular location you need information on I'll dig up what I can upon request. These be me bottom line. Do we have an accord?"

If she insisted on getting information on him he'd abandon the deal and wake Aimi. Aimi had numerous opportunities to kill him if he truely wanted. And such Kaisui was actually inclined to believe him and his word more than hers. The real reason he'd decided to discuss terms was it had substantial benefits to be gained that balanced out the risk. He'd give the girl a hard look to let her know he would not budge on giving up information on himself.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Hotaru wasn't amused by his answers but she couldn't say that she was surprised, she knew that she was pushing the deal towards her favor rather than the obvious pirate, a sigh escaped her lips as she pondered. Okay, he has a point, maybe we don't need all that information as it would force him to out himself in front of other pirate members... She scratched the back of her blonde wig before she took a deep breath, she couldn't believe that she was about to buckle down to a missing nin, this was something she could've never imagined in her life.

"Fine, you send me a messenger bird every time you go out on a voyage, don't be afraid to send me one if you sense trouble either, I'll try to take care of them for now. Other then that, please be sure not to attack any vessel belonging to Kumogakure as you said yourself, as for the rest of the villagers? Normally it would be frowned upon attacking Konoha's but seeing as you are a missing nin, I can't stop you from doing that. I will just pretend that you didn't know any better. Does that work?" She didn't like the way he spoke about women, nor the way he laid his deal on thick, but seeing as there wasn't much she could do at the moment to sway him, she would just hope for the best, because again, if she felt neglected, betrayed or sensed that something was off, then she was certain that he would meet her again.

"Just remember to add any information you deem necessary for Kumogakure to know, okay?"
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Kaisui paused and thought over the new terms she suggested. This time around the deal was much more level and evenly set. He wouldn't be putting himself in jeopardy as much though she'd still know his location. She even had conceded about giving information on his crew so as far as he was concerned it was a win. Bargaining successful.

Spitting in his hand he'd reach out to shake hers."It's a deal then. See you at port." Kaisui would shake the girls hand sealing the deal, his large hand practically swallowing hers. As the deal was sealed Kaisui would move his thoughts towards a meal and begin wondering what he could eat that wasn't stale.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Golnax

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Golnax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:20 pm

The moment that the large rouge and the shadowy kunoichi's hand parted ways, the merest amount of time it took for space to be put between their hands, Aimi's blade would come sailing down through the night and plant itself within the deck of the ship between them. An instant later, the pale jounin would drop down on top of the pommel of the sword, standing a top it with wings spread and arms crossed over his chest. "From zero to pissed in an instant," came the growl of the shinobi, looking between Kaisui and Hotaru both. "My goodness you both have talent!"

The two scheming ninja were in for it now. Aimi had woken up some time ago, perhaps a little over ten minutes. Hours ago when he'd climbed up into the crow's nest to let Kaisui, his clones, and the skeletal clones he'd created in order to help crew the ship do exactly that, he hadn't been expecting any more trouble for the rest of this mission. The thugs from the criminal organization that had been plaguing Water Country for a while were dealt with, Kaisui was in custody and being escorted out of the country, the other ninja was gone probably for good. As he settled into the little round basket, he felt comfortable enough to simply drift off to sleep for a while. Then, hours later, when his skeletal clones had run out of chakra and simply slumped over on deck, when the moon had risen and the stars had come out to shine, when he'd found himself waking up slowly due to the cold sea wind blowing against his bare skin, he still had absolutely no reason to suspect that anything was wrong. He'd looked up at the sky with sleep in his eyes and stretched out, pushing his back against the rim of the nest, lifting his arms up into the air, and kicking his feet out over the rim.

As the fog of sleep left him gradually, his memories of the day came back to him as did thoughts of his duty. 'Where's Kaisui?' he thought to himself, actually worried for a moment that the tall invader might have taken the chance to run away. Again. Sitting up in the crow's nest, he looked out over the sides in order to get a view of him, swiveling his head back and forth until he finally spotted the tall fish-man fisherman standing on the deck. "Mmm, right where I left you," he said offhandedly, rolling back over to go back to sleep... but he stopped and looked back. It didn't click with him at first, Kaisui was just standing there after all and he was still so sleepy. But as his head cleared and his vision became all the more clear as well, he saw, but did not hear, that the man was... speaking, it looked like. To who? One of his clones? He looked around but didn't see any of the clones around. They had likely expired long ago along with his clones. He didn't see anyone else around... and that's when he remembered.

The female ninja from Kumogakure. The one who had vanished from the cave earlier. It was the only explanation as to who he would be talking to! Through the fog of slumber came the fires of rage that filled his chest and made his skin hot to the touch. He sat up straighter in the crow's nest and clamped his hand down on the rim, looking down at the tall foreigner and preparing to jump down - but he stopped. Some shred of lasting doubt kept him from leaping over immediately. 'Surely they wouldn't be so stupid,' he told himself. 'Surely they wouldn't try to meet in the middle of the night right under my nose. They must have learned that it's not a good idea to try and undermine me by now, right?' He desperately wanted to believe that it was true, to give benefit of the doubt to Kaisui that he was just talking to a clone, telling it what to do in order to alter their course. But as the hands were extended and the one coming from the shadows did not belong to the tall man, that's when he knew that his good will meant nothing to either of them.

Thus he'd thrown his sword down after drawing it from it's sheath and leaped from the crows nest immediately after, leading to him standing between the two ready to react as was necessary. If Hotaru tried to run, he would give chase. If Kaisui tried to jump overboard, he would catch him. His sudden introduction to the scene made the air palpably tense. One wrong move from either of them could and likely would lead to some rather unfortunate occurrences!

The Kaguya's head snapped over towards the young woman in the shadows. He was aware she was there now, even if he couldn't properly see her which, truth be told, he really couldn't. Just the outline of her head was barely visible hiding as she was in the shadows. "Whatchya doin', girl? Thwarting my plans? Hm? Are you?" he asked in rapid succession, the wrath literally bubbling in his voice at this point.

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:07 am

Yaishu, Namara
phpBB [video]
Hotaru was the type of person to work through all the different scenarios, what could go wrong and what to improve on. Last mistake she made was being caught surprised by Aimi and his wild introductions, his loud attitude and general demeanor was strange to say the least. Someone that can create of great change in future situations. Shit... She remembered all the information she had gathered on the Bone man and knew that fighting here out in the open would spell out her unfortunate death, which meant that she had to portray an act that she had been carrying for the longest.

"No, the matter of fact I was beginning to wonder where you were." Hotaru was still in character and stepped forward to reveal her blonde hair and blue eyes. "This is my only ride out of dodge and it seems that we killed all the other sailors, so I guess we will have to share, no?" She was slick, her true personality and intentions would be nigh impossible for the both of them to figure out, she was that deep. "Plus, I don't think it's that smart to destroy our only ride."

She walked past Aimi and patted Kaisui on his shoulder. "I'm hungry, is anyone else?" She continued to walk towards the center of the boat and turned around to chuckle and clap. "By the way! That back there was incredible! I can't believe we all managed out of that situation, well... I guess we mostly owe it to you, Aimi." She pointed and stuck her tongue out. Even though she acted foolish, she was serious about being hungry, all that fighting had famished her.

JutsuShow
Method Acting
B-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite:Theater Actor, 25 Tai, 25 Instinct.
To perform this taijutsu the user must spend at least half a post preparing for the role of her life and as long as she continues to play the role the more convinced she becomes that she is that character. With enough practice the woman could act like anyone she has gathered enough information of. Although at this level it leaves little room for improvisation. Instinct vs Instinct to see through her lies.

Master Voice Actor
B-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Voice Acting 25 Tai, 25 Instinct.
To perform this taijutsu the user must spend at least half a post preparing, at this level there's no accent, tone of voice the spy can't hit, and no matter how high/low pitch her voice doesn't sore. This ranges from young boy/girl to old man/woman. Instinct vs Instinct to hear through her lies.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 am

Just as he thought about dropping some lines to fish a metal sword would slice through the air right where his hand had been but seconds ago. Following the blade was it's skeletal owner. Aimi's drop to the deck dispersed the thoughts he'd been having of food as his body instinctively went in to a flight or fight mode.

Although startled by Aimi's untimely descent, Kaisui couldn't say he was surprised. He could never tell what the boney freak had been up to. Hell for all he knew he could've faked being asleep the entire time. His heart was pounding in his chest however, partially due to the anger and rage the man was putting off and partially because he was unsure just how much of his and Hotaru's conversation the man had over heard. His fears quickly abated however after his question and Hotaru's nonchalant response.

While keeping his guard up in case the bag of Bones decided to attack out of frustration, Kaisui would step towards the helm and look out at the ship as he paused in thought. He judged the type of fish in the area based of their location and there were quite a few fish that would be quite tasty, it's just a matter of how to get them. After coming up with a plan he go about answering Hotaru's question about food.

"The original voyage is gonna take at least a week if not longer, and while we have plenty of stale biscuits, the fruit is all moldy and we'll probably be scurvy by the time we arrive. I can drop a few lines or a net to catch fish, but I'd still suggest we alter course to make a stop on land to gather the appropriate supplies as I for one don't enjoy my gums bleeding. Your call though Mr. Bones."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Golnax

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Golnax » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:40 am

If there was anything at all to take away from this entire situation, it was that Hotaru was a damn good spy and very good at keeping her emotions in check and - to an extent - manipulating the emotions of others. Aimi had been furious upon his descent, arriving in such dramatic flare as he mostly couldn't help but perform from above, believing that Hotaru and Kaisui had been plotting against him. How could he not? Having not heard a single word they said beyond vague mumbles when the wind was low, and given their past behavior, it was only natural for him to be instantaneously suspicious of the two. More than that, though, Hotaru hadn't been on the ship when they set sail from the cave - at least he hadn't seen her on board. So her sudden appearance from the shadows only strengthened his belief that there was something going on between the two of them.

And then she spoke, and logic began to grapple with irrational emotions. Though his face remained hard, his eyes softened ever so slightly as she told him nothing but facts. Yep. He sure had killed any other option she might have had for leaving Water Country both in boat and in sailor. If she was wondering where he'd been, it probably meant that she hadn't seen him either, wherever it was she'd been hiding. It probably wouldn't have been smart to destroy the boat either. For one he needed it for evidence for Kirigakure that the Kage Karrasu had truly been eradicated. For another, keeping an eye on Kaisui was much easier when they were on equal footing, something that wasn't exactly possible for him in the water as had been demonstrated days earlier by the fishy man. Lastly, while he was confident that he could make it back to Kirigakure, or even just another island, no matter where they were... he admittedly had no idea where they were on the ocean. Nautical training was something he had minimal experience with - it wasn't exactly standard shinobi practice to know how to sail vessels such as these after all - and even if they were miles and miles away from the nearest island, inhabited or not, it would likely take all of his chakra just to get there if they found themselves without a ship.

All the same, he still couldn't trust the now uh... blond kunoichi. His eyes stayed glued to her as she stepped out of the shadows and walked into the light of the moon. He saw that Kaisui looked tense but paid that no mind, his focus was currently entirely on Hotaru. Her calm demeanor and nonchalant change of subject did exactly what it was meant to do, though; it disarmed him. Aside from past behavior which earned her due suspicion from the Kirigakure jounin, she'd done nothing that he was aware of to keep him on high alert, and her body language suggested that she had nothing to hide from him. Thus, he turned his hard face from her to Kaisui as he began to speak, informing him that their storage of food was rather... limited at best.

"... Yes, that's fine," he said simply, his tone much more calm than it had been when he first descended. Hopping off of the pommel of his blade, the Kaguya pulled it from out of the deck of the ship and placed it back into it's sheath before walking past Kaisui at the helm and over towards the blond haired ninja. "Don't leave my sight again. Stay right where I can see you from now on," he told her flatly, before stepping forth towards the helm of the ship and hopping up onto the edge of it, taking a seat and looking back towards the tall sailor at the helm. "Kaisui, do you need any more clones to help sail the ship?" he asked, eager to make the trip faster if at all possible.

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Namara shrugged, she had finally returned into character and just glanced back at the Kaguya, smiling as she enjoyed the moonshine. "How long do you reckon it would take for you to sail this bad boy to a nearby port? Because that bleeding gum part sounded really icky." She tried to lighten the mood and focus on the task at hand and leave her true intentions where they belonged, in the shadows. There wasn't much she felt for Aimi, yet having to cross someone who had done her no wrong felt... wrong, yet duty always called first.

"Oh don't worry, though I have to admit... I'm not used to older men staring at me." Namara blushed and giggled as she looked away, her cheeks flustered and turned reddish, yet on the inside Hotaru was cursing the thought of being under someones watch, it reminded her too much of Hayate, which she had promised herself not to think of during this odd journey. She had no clue if she would be able to maintain a man with such stature for long and hoped that Kaisui would be able to make his escape long before that, her eyes turned towards Kaisui and if he was clever enough would notice that her stern look told him that it was better without the clones as he wouldn't want to deal with his clones as he escaped.

She continued her turn and leaned back against the ship. She wanted to talk but knew that if she was the one to open her mouth then she would have to improvise most of her responses, she was better at doing the responding rather than the other way around, so for now she would let the captian rule the conversation and back him up in order to keep Aimi at bay. Nothing could stop their plan, nothing.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:38 pm

"Nay I be enough to handle this ship. Unless you can speed up the current or give us stronger winds there's naught for you to do." With that said he created a clone to hold the helm as he threw out a net to try and catch some grub. It was an awkward time as none of them really wanted to talk to the other, not truely trusting anyone.

Over the next few hours Kaisui would proceed to catch and cook up some fish for them to eat with the stale biscuits that had been found earlier. Afterwards he'd, use his salt jutsu to preserve some of the extra fish turning it into jerky. It was quite a long process that took up a good portion of his night, only going to sleep after ensuring Hotaru would keep an eye on Aimi while he was at the helm. While he didn't trust either them he trusted his instincts enough that Hotaru and Aimi wouldn't just team up against him.

He'd head into the captains cabin and after locking the door behind him, would collapse on the bed finally getting some sleep. For the next two days the three shinobi would keep to themselves with fairly little interaction. None of them truely trusted the others. It was an awkward situation only made better by fresh meat and silence. Or at least it would've been silent if it wasn't for Kaisui and his clones singing as they sailed and fished.

"What do we do with a drunk'n sailor. What do we do with a drunk'n sailor. What do we do with a drunken sailor h'early in da mornin?"
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Golnax

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Golnax » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

::Two Days Later::

Aimi hadn't slept while they sailed. He'd debated it many, many times, but he ultimately had decided - and forced himself - against it, opting instead to stay awake for forty eight hours and keeping his eyes fixated upon Hotaru nearly the entire time. When he had said that he didn't want her to leave his sight again, the jounin had been ironclad in his meaning - he didn't let her out of the line of his sight once in the past two days, not even when she needed to go to the bathroom! It wasn't too impressive of a feat though, all things considered. Most shinobi were trained and conditioned to be able to stay awake for long periods of time as missions required that of ninja fairly often. Never the less, he was tired. Exhausted, even, because of his hyper focus on keeping an eye on the female foreign ninja and by the constant singing and talking of Kaisui and his clones. Along with the debate on getting some sleep, he struggled with himself internally over whether or not he should just... kill them and get it over with. It'd make things so much easier for himself...

But, in the end, his morals had won out and he stuck to his principles, staying awake and keeping a watch on Hotaru, his eyes growing steadily darker as the two days passed, his contributions to conversation growing less and less as he grew more fatigued, and his over all demeanor getting grumpier by the minute the longer they were out at sea. Thus it was a tremendous relief to the Kaguya to hear Kaisui or one of his clones, he'd honestly stopped keeping track of which was which by this point, call out that land was in sight. Upon hearing this, for one of the rare few times since waking up in the crow's nest the other night, Aimi broke eye contact with Hotaru and turned his head to look over his shoulder. Sitting where he was at the bow of the ship, he could easily see the beach in sight. "Finally..." he said to himself quietly, turning back towards Hotaru and genuinely waiting for the boat to beach so that he could get off, stretch his legs, and maybe - just maybe - rest for a while as the others, and at least one clone of his own, filled the ship up with the supplies that would be needed for the trip to the border.

Trusted Grader

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:56 pm

In honesty it didn't matter that the Jounin was keeping an eye out on her, she knew that she had to bide her time and therefor used the two days they were at sea to keep up the act in order to fool his tiring mind that maybe, just maybe, she was was telling the truth, that she wasn't someone with nefarious deeds planned out, that the innocent appearance was who she was. Though knife to the throat, she did find it somewhat uncomfortable that Aimi would keep an eye out on her for so long, the spy was used to living a life where most people had ever seen her once, if even that.

She made sure to help on the boat, though not to the expense of her strength, for she knew that they could reach land at any time, though she didn't want to appear like she was just slacking. The food they ate was stale, yet the fish was fresh, something she hadn't eaten for a while. She made a mental note to ask Kaisui to find great fishing spots for Kumogakure, that way they could avoid travelling past Water Country and deliver rare fish to the citizens of Cloud Country.

It was all fine and dandy until land was sighted, that's when her heart began to race yet her face was as lovable as ever, she portrayed a nativity that spread love to those who allowed it, though the monster that was hiding within was just biding her time, waiting to pounce Aimi and allow Kaisui to make his escape. This was going to be the toughest challange she would have to face to date and the thought of perishing in this god forsaken land was stressing her, though she knew that if the outcome was in her favor then both Kaisui and Hotaru would be able to reap the benefits, but for how long?
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:13 am

Kaisui would start to haul the barrels of extra fish towards the front of the boat. They could be sold for profit and then that money in turn could be spent on supplies. As he moved the cargo around to make room for anything they might bring on board he couldn't help but be amazed by Hotaru's acting skills. Though it didn't show on his face inwardly he couldn't help but praise her abilities. If he hadn't seen her other face he would've thought that this was how she really was.

While he was getting the ship ready he walked also prepping it to set sail again. He'd check the lines and rigging replacing those that were in bad shape. He wanted to be able to take off as soon as Hotaru gave him the sign. Though it took a bit of extra time his work was easily explained away as standard ship maintenance. Usually the crew would fix the ship while the captain went to shore during a quick stop.

When he was ready he'd pick up a barrel of fish and look to Aimi. "Do you want to split up so we can get ready faster or stick together? Your call."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Golnax

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Golnax » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:51 am

As the ship came ashore, so too did Aimi. Leaping off of the side and onto the damp sand below, the Kaguya stood up straight and took a deep breath of air. He felt much more grounded now that he was on solid land as well as more tired. For some reason, he hadn't really felt how tense the muscles in his back and legs were while he was on the boat. Now that he was standing on his own two feet though it was beyond obvious how physically exhausted he was. As Kaisui called out to him, the Kaguya turned and looked up at him in order to pay attention. "Hm. A good question," he said, turning back towards the beach and walking forward further onto the island. Where they had 'docked' the ship at there was dense foliage and a dark tree line. If there was food it would be in there, he reasoned, and they would cover more ground if they split up...

"We can split up, Kaisui you can go off on your own, while Hota-" Aimi called out, interrupted by a stabbing pain in his heart. Mouth left open, the Kaguya looked down towards his bare chest. Nothing, which could only mean that the pain he felt was from behind. The instant he came to that realization was the instant that he felt the blade of a kunai invading it's way into his body, it's wide, sharp body separating muscles, veins, blood vessels and passing through a lung in order to pierce his heart. Blood was quickly flooding said lung and he felt it welling up in his throat. The Kaguya coughed, very painfully, and blood gushed out of his mouth and onto his chin and onto the sand below. For the first time in two days he'd taken his eyes off of Hotaru, and that was the moment she'd picked to strike.

"I knew you'd let your guard down eventually," Hotaru said, a satisfied smile on her face and a smugness, caked pretty heavily with relief, in her voice. Aimi coughed again and let his legs go limp. He could feel his heart trying to do it's job but instead just feebly twitching and spasming around the invading blade tip. It was not a pleasant sensation, and it was one that he was eager to stop post haste. Closing his mouth, the Kaguya let out a gurgle growl from inside of his throat as his left arm snapped back around behind him, twisted upwards, and grabbed a hold of Hotaru's wrist with an iron grip. The pain of his grasp caused her to gasp and slowly Aimi forced her arm backwards, removing the blade first from his heard, then his lung, then his back. The white haired jounin turned his head and looked back at the foreign kunoichi, a fire in his eyes that might have been described as validation.

"I had a feeling you were waiting for that," he managed to sputter out through bloody coughs, his healing lungs working to evacuate the blood inside of them. As soon as the last word had left his mouth, Aimi spun around, twisting his body so that he could keep a hold of her wrist and bringing his right hand up to grab onto her face. Taking a step to the left, he flung her back behind him into the treeline violently, her body disappearing in a blur of movement as his strength propelled her forward. The Kaguya wasn't too far behind, turning on the balls of his feet in the sand and rushing forward into the trees with a burst of sand in his wake. Now that Hotaru had assaulted him directly, he had every reason to end this facade - and her.

Kaisui was left alone, though, in the sudden struggle of it all.

Jutsu UsedShow
[Strong Fist Style • Dismiss]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 15 Strength
A counter grapple technique, the user waits for an opponent to strike at them before stepping out of the way. Once the user has successfully dodged the attack, they will extend their arm forward and grab a hold of the targets' face. The user then takes a step to the right or left, depending on what arm they used - a step to the right for the left arm, a step to the left for the right - and tosses the opponent back behind them violently.

Diatenshi

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:11 am

Kaisui was startled he had no idea when Hotaru was planning to distract Aimi, but he'd thought he'd at least be given a sign. As he saw the knife enter Aimi's back Kaisui would drop behind the barrels on the ships side as he quickly performed a series of hand signs to create a few clones.

As Aimi disappeared with Hotaru into the forest one of Kaisui's clones would untie the tether as the other two would begin to resecure the cargo, moving it back below deck and tying it down.
When the first clone finished untying the tether, he'd quickly write a message in the sand for Aimi. Kaisuii himself would be at the helm adjusting the ships rudder while the first clone began to unfurl the ship's sails. With a few quick yanks they were at full sails and the ship lurched forward as the wind started to carry it away.

Kaisui would look behind himself towards the forest where Aimi and Hotaru had disappeared. He prayed silently for her safety as the ship pulled further and further away from shore. Soon there'd be no sign of the ship except for the message written in the sand.

Don't bother looking I'm long gone. After a quick stop to resupply and gather my companions, I will be leaving the Land of Water's territory. Hotaru had made a valid point to me before you two took off. Most Kiri shinobi would have probably killed me on sight instead of merely escorting me out of the country. For this I feel I owe you. If you head to the opposite side of the island from where we docked then swim straight after 5 hours you'll be able to see mainland Water Country. May the wind fill your sails as you go forth and may we never meet again.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Golnax

[PB] Anchors Away!

Post by Golnax » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:42 pm

It was several minutes later when Aimi emerged from the underbrush. He stepped out into the foliage and squinted at the sunlight that was beating down the shore. Hotaru was nowhere to be seen. Neither was Kaisui with the boat. It didn't take him long to notice the message written in the sand of the beach. His eyes burned with exhaustion as he read it, and after he was done he let out a long, harsh sigh and took a seat on the beach before laying back in the sand and placing his hands behind his head. He grabbed his hair and pulled it over his left shoulder so that the long white strands were resting on his chest. Kaisui was gone. Hotaru was dealt with. Assuming the fishy rogue ninja kept his word, the Kaguya would never see him again which was for the best. He was tired of his company and of this mission. He was tired all over.

His chest rose up high and he held it there for a moment before letting it out in a great gasp of air. His eyes closed and the relief he felt from that simple action was immense. Aimi thought that, for a while, he'd simply sleep. Get his strength back before heading to the village. He could fly out over the ocean and try to hunt down Kaisui, to make sure that he actually kept his word and left the country but he felt he needn't bother. If Kaisui stuck around and made a proper nuisance of himself, Aimi felt certain that he would be sent to deal with him once more. Only, this time there wouldn't be an option to show mercy. Or, alternatively, if he wasn't sent someone else would be who would show an equal lack of merciful action. All was already taken care of, and he didn't have to lift a single finger.

His thoughts began to fade and his body started to go numb, sleep over taking him. The sound of waves filled his ears and in no time at all the jounin was asleep on the beach, his wounds healing internally and his breathing, while labored, was steady. His body would repair itself without him thinking about it, and that was good. He had a long flight ahead of him, though he doubted it would take 5 hours as Kaisui's message suggested. The last thought that passed through his mind was the simple phrase, 'Nothing but trouble...' And then he thought no more. Dream came to him and for a while, he took a long deserved rest.

Return to “Water Country”