[Plotboard] Job Interview Pt. II

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Tatsuo stepped back from the cliff edge and turned to walk back into the base. He grabbed the first shinobi he could get a hand on and with a few words sent the youth off to a different section of the camp while the young jounin continued his march to a supply tent.

The Jousai commander peeled back the supply tent's flap and ducked his head to enter the space filled with crates and containers bursting with supplies. The most plentiful of the supplies were ration packs and disposable throwing weapons like kunai and shuriken. Tatsuo moved about the tent with a determined pace as he stopped and crouched down in front of a smaller and more securely packaged crate. He tore into the crate causing a broken half plank of wood to be tossed across the floor. Tatsuo's hand delved into the package and retrieved of the items from within: a flare.

The young shinobi from that Tatsuo had sent off earlier entered the supply tent with two packs in his arms. He thrust the bags into Kazuo's arms before snapping a salute to Tatsuo and getting back to his previous task. The packs were empty but large enough to fill with supplies for what could be a multi-day venture into the spirit laden Catacombs.

"Hand me one of those, we got a couple of spirits I've been meaning to deal with for a while now down there. So, uh, this'll be your internship and if you live you get to join. Fun, right?" Tatsuo sheepishly informed Kazuo as he motioned to one of the bags be passed to him and filled.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Kazuo had to force himself to turn away from the darkness in front of him. It was like staring into an abyss, he wasn't quite sure what was looking back, but he was excited to find out. That was what he would call that place from now on. The Abyss. Following Tatsuo back through the makeshift camp, he wondered exactly what they were doing. His ears pricked when he saw the Jounin grab one of the staffers, but he forced himself not to listen in. Just because one could eavesdrop, doesn't mean one should. That was a lesson he had learned the hard way in his youth and training his senses. There were just some things a child wasn't meant to hear.

"Hell of a setup you've got down here. How much of this place have you actually managed to map out?" Kazuo was looking around the commander's tent as Tatsuo continued on with his rummaging. He figured if there was anything he wasn't meant to see in here Tatsuo wouldn't have allowed him entry so he felt free to poke his nose around a bit, picking up papers and looking for maps. "Anything I should be aware of before we go diving into the Abyss? I named that cliff by the way, I'm calling it the Abyss."

Throwing down the paper as he heard someone approaching, he turned just in time to catch the two bags being thrust into his arms. He raised his eyebrow at the junior and shook his head. "Kids these days. No respect for their elders." Kazuo arched an eyebrow at Tatsuo and offered a sly smile but tossed the bag across to him as he asked. "Surviving is kind of my shtick, so I think I'll be fine." He went through the crates that Tatsuo had been rummaging through, filling up the pack with rations and weapons with all the efficiency of a decade of shinobi life. He knew what he needed, knew what Koji needed, but stopped to wonder.

"Is everything we run into down there a spirit, or are there any actual animals? Something we can hunt and eat? Could cut back on food rations and keep more fresh water if that is the case."
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 am

"About three or so levels, dunno how many more are below. It's actually disgusting how deep this runs and how expansive it is. We've had a group pop out in the middle of northern Rock Country after finding an exit. We have no clue how big this place is and only a bit more of a clue on the whereabouts of the big, scary spirits that can cause actual damage to the village. The normal, run-of-the-mill spirit is about as strong as a chuunin or special jounin with some of them being as strong as our jounin so they're not too much of an issue. Plus, we've already established contact with the main colony and are constantly in contact with them trying to find a way to send them back. So far, it's not proving too fruitful." Tatsuo admitted as he rummaged through the supply tent. He was primarily looking for flares, flares, and more flares. Sure, rope was nice for descending the cavern but unless you had Katon or Raiton you could be stuck in the deep, dank, dark Catacombs with no idea of where to go. Flares were a cheaper, less chakra intensive manner of keeping a light source going.

"Abyss, huh? We just call it the Drop. You'll see why soon enough." Tatsuo grinned at Kazuo's comment as the shinobi came in and gave them the packs. "There's...giant rats and roaches and spiders. Each about...fifteen or so feet tall, sans the roaches. Plenty of meat on the rats, wouldn't worry too much. Apparently there's some sort of underground lake as well but I'm not sure how big it is or how safe it is to consume. There should be some iodine capsules in one of the crates to counteract anything wrong with the water. Grab some of 'em." The younger jounin instructed his senior as he grabbed, cracked open, and emptied a crate of flares. "Pass me a bag so I can dump this." Tatsuo asked, his arms full of flares and a wide grin on his face.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:29 am

Kazuo tossed the bag to the grinning Akari and set to work on swapping out some dried meat and food rations for more water and a few of the iodine pills. "So… giant creepy animals that aren't spirits, cool. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of want to try one." He tossed the bag over his shoulder and tossed a treat to the impatiently waiting Koji. The wolf snapped it out of the sky. "Can't say I've ever had to deal with particularly strong spirits before. A few things here and there but yeah, never dealt with them much."

Once their gear was packed, Kazuo ran his fingers along Koji's head on their way out. The wolf snapped at his fingers but otherwise followed along behind. "So, how long do you anticipate we're going to be down there? I can imagine being down here for a few weeks or months at a time." He looked at the supplies in the bag and did some mental calculations. If the underground lake had drinkable water and the rat meat wasn't, ya know, poisonous. "With this we could probably last a while. Ration the flares… create torches with rat hide and fat. We could live down there a while."

Shouldering the pack, he waited for Tatsuo to be ready before they headed back to what he had dubbed the Abyss and the rest of Jousai had apparently dubbed the Drop. "So… do we jump? Wall-walk? Fly?" He turned and stared between Tatsuo and Koji, eyeing the dog with a frown. "I'm not carrying you, you great mutt." Flicking his hands through a set of seals, he linked his chakra to Koji's for a moment, letting him manipulate the wolf's chakra. A dull blue glow surrounded his paws and Koji stepped up to the edge, testing the adhesive nature of the technique. He stuck his feet to the edge and began to walk over, and Kazuo nodded, pleased. "So, we headin' down?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Being unable to catch the bag tossed his way due to his arms being filled with flares, Tatsuo silently watched as the bag collided with him and then fell to the floor with a thud. He channeled a minute amount of chakra and a single one of his long, almost-black violet melashiin manifested itself from the base of his spine and worked itself to the bag. The tendril wrapped around the sack by its strap and lifted it to chest level for the young jounin who dumped the flares into it, sans one he kept in his hand, before he began to toss iodine pills, water, and sticks of flint into it from the surrounding supply boxes.

"All I've dealt with is strong ones. Gigantic, kilometer long worm physically strong enough to snap a Genma in half with regeneration strong enough to make any attack we threw at it useless, even the ones that'd kill a bannin. Terrifying...until I ripped its heart out from the inside with my teeth." Tatsuo recalled to his elder, a grim look on his face as he recalled the memories of fighting for his life and the lives of his team. His melashiin tentacle receded back into his body, the act nearly silent besides a muted, wet pop occurring. He finished securing the pack and strapped it closed before slinging it across his shoulders and moving to exit the tent.

"But! I don't think this one is going to be nearly as strong as that worm. I don't think we'll find anything as strong as that worm, truth be told." The trio made their way to the edge where they had previously stopped.

"For the younger, weaker shinobi there's a system of ropes they strap to their bodies that'll take them about half a mile down the cliff edge before they're forced to use wall walking to walk or run down the rest. For us, it's wall walking the entire way down. Much easier and quicker than being attached to some ropes and rappelling down the edge. Let's go." Tatsuo channeled chakra to his feet and began the trek down the side of the wall.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 am

"Well that sounds mildly disturbing. Also, just a little bit fun." The idea of being swallowed and then fighting his way out from the inside was gross and cool. The sight of the infamous creepy tentacles of the Akari sent a shudder down Kazuo's spine. "Let's get a move on then."

Stepping off the ledge, Kazuo's chakra flooded his feet and stuck him to the wall. It was strange looking out from this angle but as they delved deeper into. The deeper down they down went the more his eyes adjusted, and he began to see shapes jutting out of the darkness. "What on earth…?" They looked like large dead trees but as the light of Tatsuo's flare reached them they were revealed to not be brown bark but… white. Bone white. Looking at the overall structure of it, Kazuo realized they weren't trees at all. "Bones? Just what the hell was this thing?"

Koji whined a little and Kazuo flared his chakra, stabilizing the flow. The wolf wasn't used to wall walking for such long periods of time. "If you want to chew on them, feel free, I don't think you'll fit your maw around them though." Looking back down, Kazuo closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and listened. This place was eerie, unsettling, far-reaching and yet enclosed. There was no warmth of the sun, no fresh breeze, nothing that normally brought a smile to the hunter's face, and yet here he was, a smile on his face, listening for threats of danger below because this is where he belonged. Out in the field.

"Any sort of guardians we need to worry about when he hit the floor? Or have they been cleared out?"
TechniquesShow
[Predator's Instinct • Distinct Sounds]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Kazuo mentally takes in and registers the default sounds of an area; creaking on a boat, wind against walls, their own breathing and other sounds one would expect. By doing this Kazuo becomes more acutely aware of sounds that 'don't belong', such as footsteps in an empty room or a branch breaking in a quiet forest. The contrast of sounds is what is important here, not the type, and Kazuo can discern differences in natural sound versus those made by action in most cases unless the actions are deliberately made to sound natural. This focus on distinct sounds once again opens up the user to sonic attacks very damagingly and can often deafen the user.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 am

As the trio of man and wolf moved down the side of the cliff, Tatsuo let a small smirk cross his lips as the two finally were able to acknowledge the Black Garden. "As far as we were able to find, it's a graveyard for the monstrous creatures that live in the depths of this place. It's not the remains of just one but many; we've been able to confirm the rib bones of over ten different types of creatures so far with even more unidentified. This place is truly a mystery." He explained as they descended to the bottom of the cliff.

"Giant rats. They tend to swarm any who intrude on the area so it's hypothesized that they worship the site as something sort of holy area. We'll probably run into a few of them once we hit the bottom." Tatsuo answered as they continued down the cliff side before finally, after some time, hitting the bottom. "We're here. Be on your guard." He warned as he twisted the flare and activated it. With a strength most men couldn't muster, he slammed the flare into the bottom of the cliff where it stayed as a beacon for them to know where to ascend once they were finished. Whether that be by its light or by them running their hands along the bottom of the cliff until they found the spot.

"Our destination is to the left. To the right is a series of caves that led to a dead end according to one team but the left leads to a cave system that take us deeper down which is what we want. Time to go deeper." Tatsuo commented as he began walking towards to the left, on his guard just in case some giant rats decided they wished to make an issue.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:29 pm

As they hit the ground, Kazuo's ears twitched, and his head moved towards the sound. "Well, you're not wrong about getting swarmed. We've already got company." Koji growled in response to Kazuo's hackles being raised but they continued to follow in Tatsuo's path, wondering just how long the flare would last that he had used as a beacon. "Are they sensitive to light? They don't seem to be coming any closer." Kazuo took a deep breath, searching out the individual scents, trying to find the exact number of these rats that they would have to deal with.

Four or five were skittering around the bone forest, just out of direct eyesight, waiting for what Kazuo wasn't sure. He clenched his fists and summoned the blades from his gauntlets, getting ready just in case they decided to swarm. "So, we're leaning to the left, huh? I usually lean right but I guess left is cool as well." Manoeuvring his way around the bone trees, Kazuo tracked the movements of each of the rats, ready to warn the group the second they decided to attack. "So, deep dive down into the depths. What is it we're looking for, exactly?"

Flicking his hand, Kazuo ejected the blades from the gauntlet and caught them between his fingers, eyes snapping to a point in the darkness. The skittering had stopped but the smell was still there. "I think those rats you were on about are about to jump us." As he finished speaking the there was a sudden hissing and clattering of bones and claws as they all raced in at once, now that they were out of the range of the original beacon. Kazuo threw the blades, relying on his senses of smell and hearing to guide his strike, trying to at least keep one or two out of the fight.
TechniquesShow
[Predator's Instinct • The Beast Within]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
By giving equal focus to all of his senses rather than relying primarily on his sight as most human's do, Kazuo gives himself an edge in combat. As long as his (Taijutsu + Instinct)/2 is greater than the opponents' Speed or Taijutsu Kazuo is able to predict nearly all strikes aimed at him so long as he is able to perceive them coming, whether by sight, sound or scent, and then react to them as necessary.

[Omni Wield]
A simple discipline that allows Kazuo to utilize as many small projectiles as he can fit in his hands, throwing them all in the same motion without losing any accuracy or strength to the attacks.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 am

After slamming the first flare into the base of the cliff and beginning to move left, Tatsuo had reached into the sack and pulled another flare out of it. He twisted the stick and held it out in front of him as it hissed softly with its bright red sparks granting him just enough light to know where he was going.

"Yeah, just a bit. Flares help keep the small groups away but the larger groups tend to get ballsy even with flares." Tatsuo answered, freely sharing the bits of information he had regarding the underground creatures with his comrade. "They rely on their sense of smell and hearing due to the darkness so their smelling and hearing are even better than you'd expect a giant rat's to be. Makes 'em super susceptible to loud noises and potent smells, however. They have a lot of exploits but a lot of the younger shinobi just tend to freeze up at the sight of a twelve foot rat."

"A spirit, dunno what it can do. We sent some chuunin down the other week and they had to be rescued. Found knocked out, all of their supply rations gone, and emaciated with wounds but not dead. However, it was hostile and that's the important part. We're gonna have to find it and determine whether to put it down or let the colony deal with it before it can hurt another of our men." Tatsuo explained, waving the flare around as he maneuvered himself through the bones sticking out of the ground. His foot steps came to a halt as Kazuo withdrew several blades from his gauntlet. The young jounin channeled chakra to his shiin and within moments, 13 tendrils spawned from his lower back. Twelve of them were thin and long while one was thick and much shorter than its counterparts. The dark violet color of the shiin helped them blend into the blackness of the Catacombs and Tatsuo waited patiently until the pack leapt at them.

Kazuo's knives sliced through the air and struck three of the rats with enough force to pin them against the bones. Tatsuo's hearing and smell provided him with enough information to discern where the filthy animals were positioned allowing him to send his shiin rocketing forward and skewer the majority of the pack through. Blood spattered across the ground and bones with a drop falling onto his cheek which was promptly wiped away. The lifeless bodies of multiple rats hung in the air for a moment before Tatsuo sent them flying to the right and away as a warning for any rats who may have possibly been following them. Trusting Kazuo to have dealt with any his shiin did not, he looked back at the special jounin with a grin before continuing his march to the tunnels to the left.
SpoilerShow
~Basic Formation: Melashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the shape of a long fleshy protrusion, the melashiin is able to recover at double the rate of a normal body part would. The strength of a melashiiin is equal to 3/4ths of the user's strength.

~Basic Formation: Temershiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. The temershiin takes the shape of a wide and powerful tail. The strength of a temershiin equal to the user's strength.

[Trained Nose]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Perception] Concentration
Over time Tatsuo has developed a nose keen enough to rival their own. He can pick up on faint scents that average shinobi wouldn’t even notice to the point where he can distinguish the individual body scents of people as well as determine specific species of animals even by just a strand of hair. The passive range of this ability is about 30 meters though if he has picked up on a trail he can continue to follow it to its source assuming there are still scent particles in the air or physical remnants of a trail.

[Trained Ears]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Perception] Concentration
Tatsuo’s sharp senses allow him to pick up on slight sounds within a 50 meter radius of himself. This can range from the sound of a weapon being drawn, a projectile in flight or subtle footsteps and sounds of light breathing. In terms of eavesdropping he can discern a conversation at such a range as if he were standing next to the person whom is speaking.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:35 am

Before the blades he threw had even reached their intended targets, Kazuo had summoned and thrown another volley from either gauntlet, skewering the few that Tatsuo had missed. Not that there had been many. Kazuo eyed the Akari warily, unsettled by the sight of the strange, fleshy tendrils that whipped about like tails from his back. Just the sound of them emerging, enhanced as his hearing was due to the focus he was giving it, was enough to disturb the Special Jounin, but seeing them flick and whip about, striking out at the swarming rats, was strange at best and disturbing at worst.

Taking a breath, ignoring the coppery tang of the blood that now permeated the air, he pat Koji on the head, who was whining at missing out on a fight, and started after the grinning Akari with a growing sense of trepidation. "Come on, let's keep moving buddy. That was just the start of this place." Hooking left, the trio made their way through the forest of bones. He heard skittering behind them and then the sickening sound of feasting. "Well… That's kind of gross." Resisting the urge to look over his shoulder, he focused his attention forwards and on the flare that Tatsuo was carrying.

"Where abouts were the Chuunin that you mentioned found? Could you lead me back there?" Kazuo began to question as they got further and further through the forest and Kazuo spied the entrance to a series of tunnels up ahead. "Depending on how long it's been, I could probably follow their trail back to wherever they got hurt. Assumin' it hasn't been covered by now, o'course." He was beginning to wish he had brought Tsuyu along. That wolf was a far better tracker than Kazuo and Koji combined and probably would have found their trail without even being pointed in the right direction. He considered summoning her but shook that notion from his mind.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:53 pm

As Tatsuo, Kazuo, and Koji moved past the forest made up of the remains of giant creatures, the group of remaining rats that had elected to hide out of sight moved to the bodies of their fallen companions. The snapping of bones and wet squelches were more than enough to signify the remaining rats had decided that, although their original targets had escaped, they had secured a meal.

Tatsuo led the small group to the entrance to the tunnel system that would be their entrance to the lower levels. He ducked his head as he entered the tunnel and remained crouched for several moments before he was able to stand up straight and normally once more. Peppering the walls, floor, and ceiling of the tunnel were clusters of blue-green mushrooms giving off a similarly colored bioluminescence. The amount of light given off by one cluster wasn't the strongest but the combined light of multiple was enough for the group to see each other without the help of the flares.

"They were found on the level right below us. Beaten black and blue but left alive. Either whatever spirit attacked them got bored or it was interrupted by another spirit. I really hope it just got bored..." Tatsuo explained to Kazuo, a grimace marring his features as his brain began to imagine all sorts of crazy gigantic spirits having ran the smaller one off.

Soon enough the ground in the tunnel began to wind and slope. Tatsuo slid down a slope, dirt and gravel kicking up as his boots knocking them loose. Eventually the group found the tunnel exit and emerged on the third level of the Catacombs.

This level of the Catacombs wasn't much different from the previous one. The only difference was the fact a spirit-made ravine was dug into the ground, a good 200 feet across and who-knew how far down, and a man made bridge lit with standing torches was stretched across it, a joint effort by Iwagakure and the spirit colony.

"They were found on this level. Apparently they were going the long way around the hole in the ground and when they woke up they were in the hospital. Let's poke around a little and see if we happen upon some big bad spirit." Tatsuo turned to the left and began to walk across one of the lips hanging over the ravine.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:23 am

Kazuo frowned at the description given. From what he had seen of most spirits, they were either non-hostile or hostile to the point of death. They didn't just get bored. And if something that completely decimated a team of trained Chuunin was scared off by a bigger fish, he daren't imagine the size of said fish.

His eyesight was quickly adjusting to the low-light conditions, the strange glowing mushrooms serving to break up the endless expanse of shades of grey with some welcome blues and greens. Seeing Koji going to sniff one, he shook his head at the wolf and motioned him onwards, earning himself a growl in the process. Shaking his head, he continued following along behind Tatsuo until they started their steady sliding descent down into another level of this seemingly endless abyss.

"So, aside from ourselves, how many other people do you think have been down through this area? I can likely filter out any scents that aren't human in nature, but if there are more than the team that are recent, then getting a trail to follow is going to be more than a little difficult. Once I've gotten that, I should be able to track it to the scent of whatever attacked them. In theory at least."

Even as he was speaking, his eyes were darting around the massive open ravine, taking in the sight of the enormous bridge lit up like it was festival season. It was an impressive sight to behold, one he wished he had more time to really take in, but there was a job at hand and the path took him away from the site of his awe and around the edge of the area. He followed Tatsuo until the Bannin pointed out the area the team was originally found.

Stepping into the middle of it, he examined the site with his eyes first, taking in the damage to the surrounding area, frowning at the obvious displays of violence. No sign of jutsu usage though. The team never got to defend themselves. A surprise attack, then. Closing his eyes to filter out the world, he opened his nose and began tracing the scents in the area, following the veritable cloud of fear, pain, adrenaline, almost like he could see the fight playing out.

He picked out the human scents and put those aside, focusing in on the ones that were alien to his nose. This was what he was looking for, something to follow back to this spirit's lair. "I think I've got something. This way."
TechniquesShow
[Predator's Instinct • Primal Nose]
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
After utilizing his nose and training his sense of smell for so long, Kazuo has become able to tap his sense of smell to its most refined and most bestial. Kazuo is able to pick out the most common scents and focus on the freshet ones in an area of 10 meters around him. By doing this Kazuo is able to tell the amount of individual humans, animals or creatures and the most intense smells of each person, including if they were injured or if they were tired by gauging sweat levels. Kazuo can then track these groups of scents with relative ease.

[Predator's Instinct • State of Affairs]
Having spent so much time honing his sense of smell, Kazuo has become more attuned to the way smells can reflect the emotional state of the one who emanates them. He can tell when someone is nervous or excited, scared or happy, etc, from their scent alone.

[Predator's Instinct • Faint Scent]
Inhaling deeply of a specific scent and focusing on it, Kazuo becomes able to track this scent over great distances. Faint scents are the layered, complicated scents such as sweat, sparks, treated wood and oftentimes are hard to distinguish even for canines. During the tracking of these scents it is often hard for Kazuo to focus on other things and he can easily lose the scent, so avoiding combat is required. Targets must have been standing in the area Kazuo begins tracking them from for at least a post or a scenting object such as a personal object must be used to begin tracking. Water, wind and strong scents do not inhibit this level of tracking individually, but when used together they will block scent.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:37 pm

"How many people have been here besides us? Down this deep? Not many, a couple of teams if that. There may be a couple people who have snuck down here and visited by themselves however. Overall, the number shouldn't be too high for human scents.

There are a couple of different entrances to this area besides the one we took down. We have had teams come out in locations in northern and southern Rock country. The Catacombs are actually very useful for things that normal people wouldn't attempt to think about. Moving supplies, evacuating citizens if the village was to ever fall under attack, transporting dangerous prisoners who are too high-risk to transfer overground. That kind of stuff."

Tatsuo waited patiently, holding the flare high above his head in the darkness as his partner inhaled the scents wafting through the open space. Kazuo was a much better tracker than he was; the jounin had dabbled in the practices a little bit himself but compared to a shinobi such as Kazuo, who seemed to be born to track, he was no match.

"Really? Then let's get going!" Tatsuo perked up at the mention of a lead. The smell that Kazuo had found was not one that belonged to a human but rather to a spirit. The faint smell of ozone, as if a lightning bolt had struck the area. The scent disappeared into one of the many 75-foot wide holes in the face of the cliff made by the Leviathan worm.

Standing at the lip of the cave entrance, the teenager frowned in the light of his flare. He doubted that anyone had even attempted to travel down these massive tunnels dug by the worm but that did not mean that the spirits did not turn them into nests of their own. He began to walk forward and into the pitch black hole in front of him, the flare in his hand held high above his head in an attempt to light up the area.

The trio walked forward for what seemed to be hours, their sense of time past destroyed by the ever enroaching darkness. Their monotonous track was soon interrupted by the low growl of a spirit before the tunnel was buffeted by a strong blast of wind. The blast of wind was too weak to do anything to the three of them but if they had been a pair of chuunin, for example, one could only imagine the amount of cuts and other damage that blast could do.

"This guy is all yours. If you really need the help, I'll step in but I think the two of you will be fine without it." He commented with a small smirk on his face as he stared into the tunnel towards the direction of the blast.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon May 13, 2019 8:28 am

The long, unchanging cylindrical tunnel was quick to grate on Kazuo's nerves. It was impossible to tell just how long he had been travelling along with Tatsuo and Koji. Small grooves in the walls were the only things that broke the never changing surroundings, moving slightly to the left or right every so often, a little up or down, but never changing much and always further. The monotonous nature of the tunnel was enough to drown out the excitement of hunting a spirit, such that he almost completely missed when they finally came upon their quarry and a strong wind buffeted them, trying to push them away.

Kazuo left his arms in front of his face, the steel bracers protecting him from the minor cuts that the chakra-laced wind would have caused. Lowering his arms, he stared ahead at the beast, Tatsuo's flare lighting up its features. Large, bipedal with long claws on its hands and feet. It appeared to be made of stone, or at least had stone-like flesh, its large head looking like a carving that had eyes of glowing green.

"If you say so. Don't blame me if you get bored back there." A sharp whistle later and he and Koji were flying forward down the tunnel, darting around each other, giving the beast two targets to track, constantly switching and shifting to avoid giving it a chance to lock them down.

Kazuo clenched his fists, summoning the claws from his bracers, and threw himself into a forward flip. As he completed the rotation, he swung his arms forward, returning the favour the spirit had so graciously gifted upon them when they entered its den. A visible wave of spinning compressed air soared forward, Kazuo following closely behind, that would either force the beast to dodge or break open its defences. Kazuo curved up the wall, aiming to attack high and from the left, while Koji crouched lower into the shadows, coming low and from the right, aiming to pincer the beast between a powerful set of claws and jaws.
TechniquesShow
[Kōga Taijutsu • Pinwheel Fang]
A-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Kazuo throws himself into a front flip, either from a standing position or whilst in the air, using the rotation to build up momentum before swinging his arms down with his fingers extended like claws. This motion creates a buzz saw-like wheel of air pressure 2 meters long and 1 meter wide. This buzz-saw of air travels in a straight line for a number of meters and at a speed equal to 2/3rd of Kazuo's strength. On impact the buzz saw cuts 4 times for his 2/3rd of his strength before it dissipates.

[Marōtsume Taijutsu • Dismemberment]
D-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
After successfully getting hold of an extremity of his opponent, Koji will leverage his entire weight and strength against the socket, attempting to rip the extremity from the rest of the body. If his strength is at least 5 higher than the opponent's he can usually succeed in dislocating the joint, if his strength is 10 higher than he is usually successful in ripping the extremity off, barring odd circumstances.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm

SpoilerShow
Stats 225
  • Ninjutsu: 35
  • Taijutsu: 15
  • Genjutsu: 10
  • Stamina: 35
  • Control: 40
  • Strength: 35
  • Speed: 35
  • Instinct: 20
The spirit really didn't give a damn about waiting for the two to come at it to begin preparing its next attack. Dark green chakra finished gathering around the spirits rocky head before it was launched at the ground where the two would have to walk, impacting half way between the two parties and filling the tunnel with a slicing wind that left deep gashes in the bedrock, preventing the duo from getting too close on their rush forward.

Not waiting for the wind to subside, it began channeling Fuuton chakra across its blade-like claws immediately after firing off the previous jutsu before swiping the air in front of him and releasing 5 2x1m sickles of Fuuton chakra towards the trio. It slowly began to take steps backwards as its glowing green eyes awaited their next move.

Tatsuo meanwhile just whistled as the Fuuton enhanced winds sliced throughout the tunnel. He was really glad the thing wasn't an earth spirit, that could have been really bad for all four of them.

'They do got this...right?' He thought to himself before shrugging and taking a seat on the hard ground, finding himself a spot to part his behind while he waited for this fight to conclude.
SpoilerShow
???
A-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After gathering the required chakra, the user will focus chakra into their mouth. They will release the wind chakra as a large sphere with a 10m radius at 25 speed, which has a maximum range of 75m. Should the target be hit within the first 50m, the attack will inflict the maximum amount of damage, causing an explosive force equivalent to 8 explosive tags, spreading cutting winds capable of slicing limbs off over the same area. Should they be struck in the last 25m, it will only apply 6 explosive tags worth of force and range.

???
A-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
The user will channel the needed chakra to their weapons before attacking with it. Attacking with it causes 5 2x1m sickles of wind to fly off of the weapon, each possessing 20 Speed and 20 Str.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Catacombs”