[Open] The Scorned Daughter's Return

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 am

The water washed around a woman's feet from the lake. A thick fog hung in the air, giving her shoulders and back a slight glisten. The atmosphere all but errased scents besides itself. It was peaceful here, and the clear waters offered a view of fish that nipped at her toes.

"Well, I'm here. No fucking clue where to find you though, Vorashu. Least the fish seem to remember me."

The woman reached a hand scarred by countless stories of violence into the crystal surface. Soon, the fish began to come up and check out the new body too causing a smile to cross her face. With a quick motion she grabbed a couple bugs from the banks and lowered them into the waters as well, seemingly make them happy.

"Please let whatever they're doing to you now not be truly torture. Then again, I suppose being inside me was torture at first too."

She spoke to no one in particular, seemingly lost in thought. Something had drawn her back to these shores but the purpose was entirely unclear to her now. It was as if the waters themselves simply missed her and began calling her name. A wicked looking tail came around next, stabbing itself into the earth. The woman leaned back on it, crossing her arms behind and stared at the sky. Despite all the hatred and rage the village across the waves burned deep within her, Katsu felt at peace in this moment, on this shore.

Diego

The Scorned Daughter's Return

Post by Diego » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 am

The bamboo fishing pole was still in Yuu's hands, the little bober he had made drifted to and fro along the surface of the water. Though he had not caught anything, or even had a bite for some time he enjoyed these moments of bliss. Maybe I didn't make the bober right, He contemplated.Or these fish seem to be smarter than I thought. Yuu took a deep breath and pulled in the line. Even though nothing seemed to be biting he still wanted to enjoy calming sounds of the water crashing slightly against the sand. He picked up his geta’s and with his pants rolled up to his knees he began to wonder down the small beach. His fishing pole dangled over his shoulder swaying as he walked and occasionally skipped down the shore.

Though he was soon pulled away from the simple waves of the lake. He heard someone talking, he could hear the voice quite clearly, but with the fog he wasn't able to see who it was. The voice sounded feminine but not childish like his own. Yuu heard the voice again as he drew closer and was able to make out the figure of a women, wading in the water in front of him. He was a little nervous of startling her, but he spoke up nonetheless.

“Are you and Vorashu married? I remember my parents used to talk about inside each other sometimes, but never really about torture.”

He sat down on the shore and placed his bamboo rod in the sand. Resting his face in the palms of his hands Yuu sat and waited for a response. He cocked his head slightly as he looked at the women in the waves. She seemed to be sitting, or doing crunches. I wonder if she's training, maybe she's a ninja as well.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 am

Her head tilted as she heard a small voice. Instinct kicked in full force as she looked him over, sniffing the air and sitting up more fully, bringing that wicked dagger to her chest at the right, pointed towards him. She sniffed the air, staring him down like a predator protecting it's territory. Very faint red whisps of chakra emanated from her eyes and shoulders. After a second, she began looking into the distance, directing her attention that way. A moment later she was satisfied this child was alone, and so were they together.

As her body tensed she rippled with power. Her eyes fell upon the headband and old hatreds began to resurface. His shirt bore a name she loathed and every instinct was screaming to pounce. For a brief second, she began to growl at this kid and something deep within reminded her of her endless hunger. Bloodlust was writhing to get free and all this beast wanted was to pounce. For a couple seconds she very well might have, until another voice broke her from it. The voice of reason.

This was just a kid, no more than eight years old. Damned if he was a Kiri kid he was a kid. To butcher a child and devour him brought a hint of disgust to the feral woman. No, he may have snuck up on her in her tranquility, but she would suppress her hunger, and her rage. Slowly, she relaxed and looked back at him, extending a hand to settled him down, and relaxing the dangerous weapon at her back.

"Sorry kid, didn't realize I wasn't alone for a second. And. . . no. Forget the name alright? Best you know as little about that as you can for now."

Diego

Post by Diego » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 am

An enormous amount of pressure overtook Yuu just after he had sat down. He was fixated on the figure still only slightly visible from the mist as it seemed to twist the mist in between them. Demon eyes of dark red peeked through waves of red blending into the grey atmosphere. His eyes grew wider as the darkness in the water grew stronger and time slowed. Yuu couldn't move. He could only stare directly at the beast. He could feel his chest rapidly going up and down but he could not hear his own frantic breathing. An eternity passed in that moment, before the demonic eyes shifted from his location. They seemed to be looking past him, as if he wasn't even there anymore. He continued to stare but an overwhelming sense of relief seemed to pass over the young boy, and once again he began to think rationally. There’s no such thing as demons, you know that. She must be a ninja then, an insanely powerful one. The way she reacted, she has to be on her guard, no ninja that I've meet has ever reacted that way. I would not be able to fight, let alone run, I'm completely defenseless in this situation. Calm down Yuu. Calm down. His breathing slowed as the blood red eyes floating in the mist began to fade away and the women approached him. As she walked towards him he still couldn't find the power to move and stayed fixated on the spot where she stood in the water even as she drew closer.

He snapped out of it when she extended her hand, seemling trying to calm him. She doesn’t see me as a threat, thank god. the women spoke to him but Yuu could barely recognize what she was saying, though he saw her lips moving. He noticed first the weapon that had been pointing at him was no weapon at all, but a tail that now rested behind her back. Who is this woman screamed and echoed in his head. He stood up trying to think of a reply.

“Im sorry for startling you,” he blurted out and bowed as he spoke.

Yuu felt stupid almost instantly for bowing to the stranger. However, after his own embarrassment he seemed to fully regain his stature. Yuu slowly looked up from his bow and saw the grizzled and scared naked body of the women at last. She looked as if she was an experiment from some grim child monster stories.

“Why are you naked?”

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 am

Katsu retracted her hand as the kid bowed. It caused her to take an honest step backwards and a look of pure confusion crossed her. Another sniff of the air revealed he was clearly terrified. His bow though. . . This kid should be running if he's in that kind of fear. When he spoke again is when the woman lost it. The sheer ludicrous nature of the situation hit like her dad's hammer. She smiled, a toothy grin that showed her sharp teeth designed to tear flesh from bone. Despite the teeth there was no malice, and the smile turned to hearty laughter from deep in her gut. Just like that, this kid had dispelled her bloodlust and tension.

After a moment she settled down and wiped a tear from her eye. Through gasping breath's his question was answered. "Don't apologize. Be proud, you got the jump on me, kid." As she spoke Katsu sat down once again, planting her tail into the earth behind her and relaxing once more, putting her feet back in the water. "And short answer is because I want too. All that. . . shit just feels weird and suffocates me." The shoulders rolled as the last bits of tension left her once more. "Judging from the pole you're fishing. Any luck?"

Diego

Post by Diego » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:38 am

The tension seemed to fade from the situation but Yuu still held onto his understanding of just how powerful the person in front of him was. She had fair reason for being nude, at least one that he didn’t want to question any further. Though looking at her naked body almost elevated her power, with the scars and not a care for her own nakedness. Nevertheless he dropped the subject.

“Not really,” Yuu said as he began to genuinely answer her question. “I’ve never been the best at hunting or fishing, so I’ve been trying to practice more of my survival skills. It’s nice to be away from the city as well sometimes.”

As he talked he reached down and picked up his homemade fishing pole, and fiddled with it in his hands. Yuu still wondered why he was not able to catch any fish, but that wasn't the main issue on his mind. He wanted to know why she was here and who this woman was. She had no sign of being from kirigakure what so ever, or any of the major villages for that matter, she was a complete mystery. He was not certain if she was a treat to the village, or just an incredibly strong ninja passing through. Though if Yuu found anything out there wouldn't be much he would be able to do. I guess I won't try to learn anything about her, but if she starts talking I’ll listen. Yuu thought to himself. Even if I was able to find out who she was and tell the stronger ninja, she may be too strong, even for them.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 am

Lumine was taking a break today for some training, or more to the point practice in swimming as a user of the suiton element he had to also master being inside the element. Then again he felt glad he was not a katon element user otherwise that might be a hard life for him. As he got ready removing his t-shirt and placing it one side in a hidden section near the edge of the lake. After stretching for a bit he prepared to jump into the lake and then stopped as he got scared remembering he was not really good at diving in. So he took a deep breathe and just as he wanted to jump in again he realized he still had his shoes on so he stopped took some deep breathes to calm down and began taking off his shoes as he thought to himself.

'its just water, its just a big giant pond, more like a giant bath, with really scary fish that might try to eat me. No Lumine, stop being scared its just a lake, we are here to conquer the water, or is it I. So glad becoming a shinobi did not require C-rank grammar. Do they have ranks for grammar in the first place, wait enough thinking, time to get off these shoes and jump in.'

Lumine got up with his shoes and socks now also put away he stretched his arm to the right and to the left and in he jumped splashing into the lake normally with his new swimming trunks or was it a shorts as he then swam slowly with a doggy paddle, being alone meant no one would see him and as he progressed he noticed something as he moved further along the edge of the lake. There was a boy with a fishing rod as he remembered there were fish and just as he wanted to get closer from curiosity he stopped and sank a bit struggling for a bit to get his head back above the water. There was this huge, strange, evil-looking naked lady in the lake as he just floated there while swaying his feet with as much force as he could to keep his head above the water. Then he began to wonder if this woman was not some mermaid from fantasy and this boy was fishing mermaids as his imagination seemed to get carried away. Looking from a distance he would not move any closer or any further away and just stared at the scary lady and the fishing boy

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 am

A feint scent wafted on the air, that of fear. Shortly after the sounds of splashing broke the near silence not too far away from where the boy and woman sat. Nodding towards her company, Katsu slipped beneath the surface of the lake, swimming towards the sound. If she was right, someone was drowning.

It didn't take long and she was upon another child, another small boy. He looked almost younger than the first one. He was obviously from the village but she didn't see anything to mark him as military. With how hard he was kicking the water swimming wasn't a strong suit yet either. Once again, she made the conscious choice not to attack or harm this child in any way. Instead, she would help him.

Katsu swam slowly towards the surface, maybe a few meters away facing him in front. She extended a hand and bobbed, moving slowly. "Hey, just keep kicking and you'll be fine. Come on over here if you can." The woman made sure to be in sight of her first companion as well, holding up a hand for him to wait there.

Diego

Post by Diego » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Yuu waited for a reply but instead of words the women cocked her head back towards the water. He had heard the splash of water but apparently the women noticed something more. He was more confused as she nodded and dipped into the water going after the splash. He saw something that seemed to be flailing in the distance and the women began helping whatever it was. is that the reason she's out here? She was able to realize what was going on much faster than me as well. Maybe she can use sensory style as well, but much stronger ones than yours truly. I’ll have to keep that in mind. He watched her while pondering the situation.

The women held up her hand and made sure that Yuu saw that she was watching him as well. There was nothing for him to do, another opportunity lost because of her carefulness to keep an eye out. He focused on what she went after, it looked like a child, but it was small. Wait, is that fish? Yuu thought. If that's a fish it would be giant! Holy Smokes!

He held up a thumbs up to acknowledge the women as she gestured for Yuu to stay put. She's smart too, not just strong. Looking more closely and to his disappointment it was no fish, just a small boy. It was a crazy thought to begin with. The kid doesn't seem to be why she is here, more like another person passing through. Though this newcomer could lead to an opening to flee.

”You sure you don't need any help,” He asked.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 am

Lumine was panicking, he did not understand what was going on as he began to think to himself he might be in danger, as she reached out her hands he did not return the favor right away as he was struggling. After a while of struggling he took hold of the hand nervously and she may have felt him shivering it was not because he was cold as much as it was him being scared, perhaps it was both as he was not sure what to do as he just kept kicking as it seemed easier, though his doggy paddle would not work too well anymore with his arms feeling a bit tired from the earlier struggle.

As he things were moving along the fishing boy asked if he was sure he did not need help as he just looked to the side as he started getting used to just holding on not realizing if they were moving from the spot as he was too nervous to speak out at the moment. He was starting to calm down, but he had to be just a bit alert as he shivered once more as he felt he needed to train more as he just held on and eventually his kicking was also slowing down as he realized he needed a lot more training just to swim. For some reason using the basic jutsu from the academy to walk on water was far easier then actually swimming, though he could not show off that he could already use it since he did not want people to expect anything from him.

He was rather silent for the time being as he then finally said something really softly as if finally realizing the situation for the first time.

"Thank you...."

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 am

Her hand remained out, giving him support. She slowly swam back towards the shore with him. While she was there as a life guard, he would be taking most of the effort. A soft smile spread across her face, turning into a grin. Those shark-like teeth likely made her an absolute terror, but there was no malice to be seen on her face. She turned to look back towards the first. "Yeah, we're fine. He's just gotta get through this and having a hand helps. Turning back "Just keep kicking and dig deep, kid. Nothing but a bit of water and it's nothing to be scared of."

As they neared the shore she slowly retracted her hand, letting him cover the last few feet on his own. Climbing up herself, she beamed down at him before taking a seat again. "Congratulations, kid. You did it. Take it this is your first time trying to swim on your own?" She clapped him on the shoulder in an odd sense of pride, doing the same to her first companion as well before once again relaxing, enjoying the situation.

Diego

Post by Diego » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Yuu watched as the demonic level ninja helped some kid learn to swim, cradling him as he kicked across the water surface. The two emerged from the water and she slapped him on the back with a sweet smile. What the hell is going on? The situation seemed to grow more bizarre by the minute. Now the three were just huddled around, unaware of who each was. The lake, in the background, continued to push and pull waves to the shore and pull back into the sprawling mass of water in the distance.

”Nice swimming,” Yuu said. ”Is that why you came out here? To practice? There must have been another reason for being at the lake than just swimming.” The kid could have drowned as well if he was really alone. Though that wasn't what Yuu was worried about, as even though the question was directed at the other boy, it wasn't meant for him.

”Oh, also I’m Kanada! What’s your name?” He held his balled fight, hoping for a fist bump.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 am

Lumine struggled mostly because she was scaring and partially due to him not being that good a swimmer, his doggy paddle having fallen apart from only her slight disturbance meant he was far from being a solo swimmer. Lumine finally reached the shore and was breathing a bit heavily as his heart was racing a bit, looking down it was hard to tell who he was, other then him being a young boy affiliated with the Muramasa as he was trying to calm down he felt a pat on the shoulder and seemed to enter back into a panicked and nervous state, he really lacked interaction with others and this was really scaring him mainly from his inexperience.

The fishing boy seemed really talkative and it made him actually feel a bit less nervous, the boy then extended a fist out to hit him as he pulled back holding his hands clasped to his chest as he remembered the boy saying his name was Kanada, which sounded like the name of some leafy village from a fairy tale book. He did not really keep track of where he backed towards as he stopped realizing he nearly stepped back into the helpful lady as he stopped to stare at her for a moment as he looked at the boy and realized that there were no ill intentions it seemed.

"My name is..."
, hesitating for some odd reason Lumine followed by a mild stutter before saying his name, "Lumine". Lumine looked at the lady again as he just could not keep it in anymore as he blurted it out to the extent that it really stood out more then he could imagine.

"Why are you naked?!"

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 pm

When he wasn’t training, eating or sleeping Shinjiro typically spent his time near the lake that surrounded the village. He enjoyed some degree of isolation from other shinobi, having only a handful of acquaintances within the village, most being individuals whom he deemed suitable mentors to help foster his ever-growing strength and status. As a Jinchurriki and newly promoted Special Jounin of the Karagata family he was quite well known throughout the village by name and reputation, being a fearsome opponent and not someone to cross. At the age of 15 he had already proven himself to be one of the deadliest taijutsu practitioners in the village and as such had also been made a member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, able to hold his own even against elite Jounin of the village. Still, he was not nearly satisfied. His potential was vast and he would feel accomplished until he could stand as equal among Kirigakure’s Bannin.

On this foggy afternoon Shinji found comfort within the vaporous haze, flitting about in the form of a small brown bat and making rapid swooping attacks and filling his belly with various insects. They tended to gather near water, specifically along the shoreline which made for easy hunting. In this form they took very little effort to catch, moving at only a fraction of his true speed, only slightly faster than an average bat. Hunting in such a way would sate his hunger, at least in this form. He tended to shift between a handful of forms per day to keep familiar with his movement patterns though he had to admit that he bit favor the agility of the bat. Before becoming a member of the seven swordsmen or even a Jinchuurki for that matter Shinji had been trained in the ways of assassination, one of the specialities the Karagata family were most renowned for. While his combat style had evolved to include more brutal and direct fighting in many situations, stealth and precision were still second nature to him.

The afternoon had seemed to be quite ordinary for the first hour or so of his feast of flies but that had changed suddenly when he heard voices and what’s more felt something very unsettling. As a powerful, barely womanly voice reverberated in his ear drums the Genma within him stirred. ‘Beastia’ the haunting voice echoed within the caverns of Shinji’s mind, the name instantly filling the teenager with dread. Typically Vorashu only made his presence known when engaged in combat or emotions were elevated but now he could feel the power of the Genma raging within him, clawing at him and stifling his breathing for a moment as his chakra flared. Shinji knew this name Vorashu spoke. He had heard it before, the Genma was not one to hold back its disdain for humans and its abhorrence of anything it deemed weak or cowardly, often rebuking Shinji especially in the first year of the sealing. The Phantom Beasts previous host was one of only a handful of individuals he had spoken fondly of. ‘Katsu? Here?’ he worried, thinking to himself though such thoughts did not escape Vorashu’s notice. ‘She lives!’ the old God of all things wild proclaimed, laughing in a haunting cacophony that seemed merge the sound of a ravens caw and a howler monkeys screech with the snickering of a Hyena.

This news was not well received by Shinjiro. He knew well of her power as well as her ferocity and disdain for village policies. It had been made very apparent upon his sealing that her failure as a Jinchurriki was to serve as a warning. That if he too rebelled against the policies of the council Vorashu would be stripped from him without hesitation and he would be cast aside and disregarded as a broken weapon. The ultimate shame. ‘Beware young pup, Beastia will tear flesh from bone, skin you with her bare hands and leave your corpse a shattered mess amongst the rocks to see me returned to her. And I would have it so’ Vorashu taunted, almost gleeful at the prospect of such carnage. Truthfully the Genma wished above all else to be free rather than trapped within any vessel again, even that of Katsu. However, if he was forced to be caged, at least with her he would be free of Kirigakure’s restraint and could see to the slaughter of the Village’s elders. To watch Kirigakure crumble would be of some compensation for the centuries of enslavement at their hands.

The young shinobi knew that the smart thing would be to return to the village and gather reinforcements and certainly he wished to do so however he wished to gain more intel first. To actually lay eyes upon the monster and learn of her intentions firsthand. There were also the other voices to consider, young boys from the sounds of it. He had already adjusted his course and began his approach, flying higher now and moving at a normal speed for a bat, hoping to go unnoticed for the moment. His echolocation picked up the three individuals, two small boys, likely academy students or fresh genin and then the imposing figure that was katsu. He noted the tail and the bulking figure. He had never encountered a woman of such size nor even many men for that matter. He could only imagine the amount of strength within those rippling muscles. It was her. She had returned to the very shores of Kirigakure but for what purpose? She seemed calm, nurturing even with the pair of boys. Surely if she intended on razing the village and claiming Vorashu by force she wouldn’t waste time with small talk, would she? He had never actually met the woman, only heard cautionary stories of her. Against his better judgment the teenager decided to test the waters of her temperament. “You. Why have you come to this place?” he questioned. His voice coming from within the thick fog as he circled overhead at a 45 degree angle and a distance of about 50 meters.
Jutsu UsedShow
Bat
C-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1
This transformation allows Shinjiro to take on the form of a variety of bat species which could range from a wingspan of about 8 inches to about 2ft. Taking on all the characteristics of a bat Shinjiro is able to utilize sonar detection from up to 50 meters away and therefore easily navigate in the darkness though particularly bright lights or loud sounds will be disorienting. +6 Speed, +7 Instinct, -3 Strength

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:21 am

"Seems they'll get along just fine too. Hell, they're already asking the same questions as each other. Seems even those cowardly wastes of skin and bone haven't gotten to these two at least, eh Vorashu?" A whispered voice, spoken beneath her breath. For the faintest of moments she hoped against hope that he would answer. That anything would answer her. Silence was her answer, and it weighed heavily on the heart. For a moment her calm smile faded and she almost welled up. A question remained unanswered though.

"I'll tell you the same thing I told him kid, doesn't feel right. It suffocates. . ." She broke off mid sentence and sniffed the air, sitting straight up and bringing her tail around in front. Straining, her eyes scanned through the fog. Something was here. It wasn't human, but it also didn't smell like it belonged. The smell came, then shortly after the sound of wings on wind. A tension flooded over her as she began to rise. A quick hand was put out and down for the pair as if to shoo them behind her, like a mother protecting her kin. From deep in her chest, a low growl. Nothing manifest to sight, but sound and scent were present. Her evil blade moved as if it's own mind, slowly, gently. It pushed the boys behind her, and guarded their flanks as she crouched, her knees to the side and hands firmly on the ground. A woman vanished, and a beast took her place.

A booming echo came from the mist, a voice impossible yet present. Without hesitation Katsu's head snapped towards the source, unable to see it but knowing exactly where it was. Rolling, thunderous, and threatening her growl shifted into a primal hiss, followed by a near challenge of a bark. The two boys were being guarded on instinct, but her attention was decidedly elsewhere. The parasite once more forced her hunger forward, and this time it was much harder to resist. A primal roar split the skies as she challenged the new comer, reason very nearly squelched by just how strange the situation was. Primal instinct was wrestled with, however. The question, one she hadn't answered for herself hung in the air. It wasn't striking, but it was asking. An answer came through snarling teeth and mixed with a feral growl. "What the fuck are you to ask?"

Diego

Post by Diego » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Yuu waited around as the group talked, he wasn't able to find out much more about the girl at all. He felt even a little bad for her as Lumine asked the same question he did. She must get that a lot, he had no idea what it was like to feel how she did. It made him wondered if she was normal and that everyone else wearing clothes are the real weird ones. But he did notice in the woman's replay that she said that name again, the one he heard when he first stumbled upon her, Vorashu. He knew for sure now, that was the name, and she continued to bring it up, it must be someone dearly important to her. Once again as the women talked idly she broke off from her sentence and tensed up. He could feel the similar pressure from when she first glared at him ready to strike, though none of her anger was pointed at him. He was calm even though he was almost shaking standing next to this beast. This must be another person, Yuu told himself. Hopfuly this will be someone actually able to challenge her, and might give me a chance to escape. He hadn't even noticed the gentle push from the woman's tail moving both of them behind her. He was still too struck with fear.

Then the voice boomed out from the sky, calling out to the women in front of him. She seemed to now be solely focused on the voice in front of them, but still, she placed her body in between him and Lumine. She snarled and called back out to the figure in the mist. This is my chance. It's now or never. Yuus mind was racing at that moment, but his body responded to the thought almost as if it was a command.

He pivoted and ran. Without looking back he ran up the beach, not towards the path, but jumped into the light forest that formed a few feet from the beach. The fog was thick even though the forest wasn't. After a couple feet of running in the leaves, he ducked behind a tree. His heart was racing but all the same, but he had to check if he was being followed. He peaked his head out from behind the tree. He could barely see the figures on the beach now from this distance. Though he could not feel the pressure of the women directed at him. Yuu let out a sigh of relief and began to run once again. I have to get to the village, to the kages office. This can't just be a coincident, she is a real threat, not just to everyone at the beach, but the entire village. He ran using all the energy left in his body, which was still a little shaky from the situation he ran from.

Soon he found himself up against a small fence, he jumped over and was in an alleyway in the main part of the city. Yuu jumped next onto one of the small buildings around them, taking a moment to find where he was in the village. He spotted the kages office and began to run in that direction. Someone will save us, someone has to save that kid, and the village.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Lumine listened to the strange answer she gave of the clothing suffocating her as he began to wonder if she breathed through her skin like a frog. She appeared weird and to Lumine she just could not be human at all. He did not realize that she was occupied as he was still thinking on her words that she said as he tugged on his swim shorts a bit and did not get it as he shivered slightly. He was still topless and for some reason it seemed to be getting misty, which made him feel calmer since he was a mist style user. Lumine was not sure as he saw a waving hand and then before he knew it he was behind her as he began to notice her tail. He just stared at the tail as he thought it was really interesting as he felt in awe of it. Lumine could not really hear the growl as he was wondering what it was like to have a tail, he felt something move against him to push him back as he was not sure what was going on at that moment. He seemed to hug it closely for a moment as it fascinated him as he did not even notice how the woman was changing her stance. He already made up his mind that she was some kind of animal since the moment he saw her skin, her being naked like most animals are and now even a tail too and going on all fours.

In that moment the other boy just ran off as Lumine let go nearly following, but not sure what to do as he was not sure what was going on anymore as his mind was still lost in the moment. The boy running away made him feel something was wrong though, and why was he running in the first place as he seemed to pick up on the lady beast shouting towards the mist as he looked the density seeming more like a fog as he wanted to survive and defensively moved close and hugged the ladies tail closely to his chest as his heart was racing, a fear was starting to come over him. He was not really that scared of whatever it was, but for some reason there was this feeling he felt about the fog that reminded him of a time with his mother as he thought back to a time long since passed.

***memory***
Sad Music

A mother and child were having a lesson in the woods one day, Lumine was only a small boy back then as he was still struggling to learn his mom's mist style. She was a lady of the mist and she liked to teach him about it each day. He did not inherit any of his father's skills and all that was left for him to make his way in this world was to learn from her. She was ruffling his hair as she began to wonder how life would be, as he looked up to her with a smile on his face she looked down at him with a look of sadness in his eyes. After a while the boy began to give a slightly sad look in reply as she finally realized her mistake as she made an excuse. "We have to do training now, we can play later"

There was no way for him to understand the reason for those eyes she showed him that day, as usual she always gave him a test, but unlike the other tests she had a sad look in her eyes that seemed to persist unending. "This will be the last test for today, remember what i taught you."

Lumine did not understand at the time as she spoke out to him, "Lumine, you have to find your way home. Remember to eat your supper and before you know it, you will be able to play again like always". He was still young and as he began this test she performed the final art of her hidden mist style, he was not sure what it was though he knew for certain this was no ordinary mist, this was a mist through which he had no vision at all. However as he began walking for a while he spoke out a bit. "Mom, are you there?", the loneliness of the mist, the solitude of being alone was getting to him. He kept walking for a few minutes trying to be strong, he thought her heard something as he looked to the side. "Mom, is that you?", heading out trying to find his way carefully through the mist as it felt heavy, his movements felt like they were being held back as he kept moving forward, kept trying as hard as he could as tears began to build up. The day continued on as Lumine kept making his way through the mist, was it still minutes, was it an hour, he was not sure as his eyes were puffy from all the tears he cried as he rubbed them away with his arm. The mist was keeping his mom away, at the same time the mist was what brought him and his mother closer together.

He kept true to his path, whispering every now and then as he called out for his mother softly, the smile that had been on his face had long since gone away. As time passed he was not sure what time it was as he finally made it out of the mist and towards their home where he found hope. As if willing himself to go on he ran towards the place he called home, with a bit of light coming from the room as he burst through the door. "Mom, I'm home, I made it through the mist", the excitement in his eyes was bright, but soon after a moment of silence as he moved up the stairs to his mother's room. When he finally opened the door slowly and whispered, "mom?".

Stepping into the solitude of the empty room as he moved towards the candle to find a note on top of a book.

"My precious Lumine, if you are reading this then you have made it passed your final trial as I expected from my son"
"However the trials you will have to face in the future are far greater then this now, I am sorry that I can not remain behind for I have an important mission to take care of"
"I know life will be hard, and I know you might be crying right now as you read this, but you have to be strong"
"You may be weak and frail, you may not even be that talented to begin with, but you have a bigger heart then anyone I know"
"So as your mother and the lady of the mist, I give you my final tome of all my mist techniques including those i had never managed to complete"
"I believe you will be able to finish this book for me, I do not know how long I will be away, I do not even know if we will see each other again. All I know is that you are my son, and I love you. You will always be in my heart, you will always be my child, Lumine, I love you"

The eyes that were dry found a way to fill themselves again as the bubbles formed and the drops dripped onto the note as he crumpled it up as he cried that entire day away. It was on this day that Lumine began to bear a darkness that even he did not understand.

With that memory now on the edge of his mind he began to cry slightly while hugging tightly onto the lady beasts tail as he whimpered out a soft tearful sound, "mom...", as he sniffled it was clear his emotions had broken down at the moment and while he was strong willed on missions this was not one as he felt like he could break down at any moment. The mist only gave him two emotions, sadness and anger. However a shinobi must control their emotions as he sniffled and shivered before letting go of her tail slightly, but just barely holding onto it with his one hand gently in a way that his grip would fall away from just the slightest movement as his other hand was clasped to his chest as he felt something deep down inside.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:42 am

The fur across his body bristled at the sound of Katsu’s thunderous roar. An aggressive and primal response. It was evident she was immediately put on guard and had no qualms in resorting to violence if prompted in any way. However, he didn’t wish to engage in a battle before knowing the strengths and weaknesses of his opponent and piecing together the situation in its entirety. The trouble would be containing her fury and trying to gain any kind of actionable intelligence from her. He noted the way she shielded the two boys. ‘Hostages? Or accomplices?’ he wondered, thinking to himself. If they were Kirigakure shinobi it would be favorable to see them unharmed. The woman spoke through gritted teeth and Shinjiro hesitated a few moments in his answer. Typically he was prideful and reveled in the weight his name and status carried however in this situation it could be detrimental to Kirigakure to have himself revealed to her. Still, perhaps it would be enough to catch her off guard, give the children an opportunity to escape if they were in fact allies. Considering the lives of those he considered weak was something new to the young Special Jounin though it was a policy he was attempting to foster. His voice would pierce through the mist, powerful yet calm. “My name is Karagata Shinjiro of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist; Special Jounin of Kirigakure” he paused for a moment to let the weight of his words sink in before adding his last title, the only one that would matter to Katsu, “And Jinchurriki of Vorashu no Kategenma, the Phantom Beast of Body.” He proclaimed, making sure to continue moving, picking up speed though keeping at a comfortable pace of about 25 Speed, able to accelerate faster if need be. He was on high alert, anticipating she might lash out and attack him though he wouldn’t make any aggressive action of his own.

He noted one of the individuals made an attempt to flee. ‘An ally then?’ he speculated. He readied himself to intercept in case the woman were to pursue the presumed Genin. He wasn’t sure if he could stop her but if she did go after him he would descend in a rapid dive, drawing attention back onto himself while still giving himself plenty of room to maneuver into an evasion or a proper attack depending on how she responded. If she were content to let him leave freely then Shinji would simply continue his circling. Though Shinjiro couldn’t physically see the others through the mist that hung in the air his echolocation allowed him to ‘feel’ their locations and even every fine detail about their bodies and movement as well as being able to hear their every word. And so it did not escape him when Lumine uttered the word ‘mom’ leading to an unfortunate misconception. ‘So that’s her son then?’ he wondered, though he wasn’t sure if that quite added up. If her instinct to protect him was so strong why would she bring him to a place that would inevitably put him in danger. Meanwhile Vorashu seemed content to keep to himself and see how the situation played out for the time being. Naturally he understood Katsu and her mannerisms better than anyone but he would be damned if he was going to get involved in helping Shinjiro piece together such trivial information. What he longed for was combat. To see these supposed alpha predators rip and tear one another apart. ‘You fear her. I can feel it. Your titles mean nothing, empty words lost to the wind. In the face of a true predator you cower…pathetic’ the old shaman taunted, reveling in whatever turmoil he could instill in his young host. If he could provoke him just enough he might yet see the bloodshed he yearned for.

There had been occasions in the past where Shinjiro had acted in defiance against Vorashu, proven his strength and faced stronger foes, attacking relentlessly and surpassing all expectations of him. He couldn’t deny that he craved power; dominance over others and recognition for his superiority. He also knew that he had to earn that, and the best way was to constantly challenge himself against impossible odds. And yet, the way Katsu carried herself. The sheer ferocity and power behind her roar. He knew he was facing someone as strong if not stronger than anything he had faced before. What’s more, on this occasion it was not just his life being risked it was the security of the village. He could not fall here. Not now, not against someone who surely wished to rip the Genma from him if she were even capable of such a thing. ‘You’re wrong’ he countered boldly. ‘I want nothing more than to test myself against her. Feel her power for myself. The bite of my sword against her flesh. But I have a duty to uphold and I will not allow you to undermine that.’ He stated resolutely. There was no flash of anger or childish cheekiness in this reply instead only cold resolve. He would not be manipulated just yet and so Vorashu would bide his time until the real test of will began. “Kid, if you’re a Kirigakure shinobi get the hell out of here now. If not, well then that’s just bad luck” he warned to the boy hiding behind Katsu’s tail. It would likely be his only warning and if a battle did break out Shinjiro would not risk his own life to protect a kid, in fact he would readily sacrifice Lumine in order to get a clean strike in on his opponent.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm

A gentle tug, a pressure unknown for many a moon, snapped the woman's attention back behind her. For a moment she looked away from the unseen voice. Before her eyes was a sight that caused instinct to take absolute control. The absence of the other boy brought her an odd comfort. The sound of his feet pounding away at the earth as he fled the area. For a moment she gazed off in his direction, listening for his heartbeat. The second boy wrapping himself around her tail snapped attention to him. The lone word escaped him and her back was turned on the perceived threat. Titanic arms gently scooped him up and embraced him for a moment. Fingers with a touch so gentle as to defy their history stroked his head as it rest on her shoulder. In a soft voice she whispered gentle words. "Run, small one. Run home if you can. Please." It was almost a begging, yet comforting tone she took before setting him back down and turning her back once more. Sound was tracked through the mist, once again allowing her to focus on the direction. Straining, she could of have almost made out the shape of her prey. It's answer came soon enough too, allowing her to more clearly focus in, as if that mattered now.

Only three words registered. Shinji, Kirigakure, then a name that very nearly brought her to her knees. She whispered the name, her voice tinged with hope and pain. "Vorashu" Pain welled up from memories past and she dropped to a knee to regain herself. It didn't work. Anguish washed the face before once again turning skyward. Audible sobs came between barked words. "VORASHU!!!!! TALK TO ME VORASHU!!!!!" Shinji himself didn't matter at this point. She only wished for Vorashu's pressense. His power to once again be near and his sheer wild aura to embrace the feral beast. "PLEASE!!!! SHOW ME YOUR REALLY HERE!!!!!!!" Agony became mixed with rage and frustration now. Her pain beginning to overwhelm her senses. "TELL ME THOSE BLUE BLOODED COWARDS DIDN'T CHAIN YOU AGAIN!!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Diego

Post by Diego » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Yuu ran towards the kages office and burst into the door. He was meet with shock on the face of all the workers standing in the lobby seemling going about their normal business. It was a regular day for most of kirigakure, no one seemed to know who was battling inside the city. Yuu was panting at this point, as he never stopped running until reaching the kages office. He took a moment to catch his breath and one of the ninja’s working in the lobby came to talk to him. She leaned down next to him and placed a hand on his back. Yuu was noticeably in distrust at this point, sweating from running and gasping for breath.

“Hello young man, are you okay,” she asked. Her tone of voice was sweet but somewhat annoyed.

Yuu looked at the women, still catching his breath.

“Were being attacked,” he replied. His voice grew more frantic as he spoke. “Were being attacked! By the lake, there's a woman, a ninja. She's extremely strong. She, she kept saying something about a guy named Vorashu. She’s fighting someone right now, but she is a monster.”

Yuu waited for someone to speak up, someone to take up arms and set out against the beast. He hoped so dearly that he would be taken seriously, or else Kirigakure could be in danger.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:33 pm

As the young man felt a hand come down on his shoulder after bursting through the front door of the downstairs lobby and starting to speak sporadically, another more subtle black gloved hand would fall onto the young man’s light grey hair. There was a faint hint of smoky chakra circulating through the hand of a thin dark robed figure who wore the mask of a hunter-nin, this was one of the personal guards of the Mizukage who stood watch from the shadows. Close combat though was not his specialty and instead it was information extraction. Due the commotion that the young genin had caused by bursting through the front doors he was lucky that the man hadn’t moved to strike him, it was mainly due to the words that he spoke, ‘Vorashu’, that truly caused for the young man with a straight blade sword sheathed upon the shinobi’s back to frown from behind his mask.

Foreign chakra would have already started to infiltrate the genin’s chakra system and seep into his thoughts, a faint voice could be heard within Yuu’s mind telling him to speak about what happened. This was an interrogation technique which caused for those to speak truthfully, as long as they weren’t strong enough to defend against the illusionary technique. Suddenly the entire environment became black and a single spotlight style light came on with Yuu standing directly underneath it. From the shadows a multitude of figures could be seen but only barely through the outline of their bodies as a voice spoke clearly to him from the shadows. “Child, speak about what you saw. Did this woman state her name?” This was an overlay genjutsu that would last for several minutes if needed in this fictional world while only a second would pass in the actual world, the hunter knew that he this really did involve the genma spirit whose name the kid had spoke then time was very much of the essence. (We can continue this in the next post.)

------------

After the technique ended the man touched the gloved left hand up onto a small tattooed fuuin along the back of a hair covered ear, whispering in a voice that wasn’t able to be heard within the lobby before disappearing in a small swirl of mist leaving the most likely disoriented genin in the hands of the chuunin receptionist. Near the top floor in the Kage’s office sat a aged looking man with a domineering feeling to his scarred and beard covered face, grey hairs could be seen in a few places on his rugged beard as the locks of crimson hair hung in an messy look as it fell onto the muscled looking traps that lifted the top of the black cloth shirt up slightly. His golden eyes were gazing at some of the most recent intelligence reports that had come across his desk as he shook his head lightly back and forth. Though the man had wished to deal with the actions created by the former Kage, he had not truly understood the administrative side of the billet...this truly was rather time consuming but sadly a necessary evil. .

Half open eyes shifted to the shadowy corner of the room as a figure seemed to almost emerge from the shadow, with only a few strides he had arrived at the large man’s right shoulder before leaning over to quietly pass along the piece of information that Yuu had brought about the scene unfolding at the beach. ‘Someone dares come looking for one of our genma. I woman who the kid claimed as a monster. How interesting...’ An almost sinister smile managed to form ever so slightly upon the thin lips of Kasai now as he stood while pushing back the wooden chair. Taking a step towards the wind he halted turning his murderous gaze back toward the chair he’d just pushed to the side and then onto the corner of the desk. “Let us go investigate this occurrence…” Shaking his head lightly the man stepped back to the chair as he reached down with the black gloved hands to take the Mizukage coat by the collar tossing it on now as the other hand reached to the corner of the desk to retrieve his hat.

Though the title of Mizukage had not been one he had wanted to hold, life was always mysterious in its inner workings, for now it was his duty to uphold this post. As the hat was placed atop the crimson locks of hair it cast a shadow down over the man’s scarred face as he stepped onto the ledge of the open window and his body was surrounded by a faint outline of chakra. In the next moment he leaped out of the window disappearing from sight as he ‘flew’ towards the area pointed out by the scared child. Perhaps it was nothing or perhaps it was ‘her’...only upon arriving would he be able to determine what the actual situation was and then what the best course of action would be. But honestly the man’s ‘blood’ had already began to stir at the thought of letting loose a little after having been cooped up within the confines of the Kage tower unable to do the things that he formerly did...missing being the tip of the spear.

It would take a bit of time for Kasai to arrive on the scene, even moving at his top straight line speed that was blindingly fast, hopefully the woman wouldn’t run away before then, he truly wished to have a little ‘chat’ with this person. A voice that was just above a whisper leaked out from the crack between the man's lips now as he flew forward, it sounded like the voice one might associate with the angel of death as it was filled with cold, icy intent toward whomever awaited his arrival should they still be there. "Perhaps I've found a play thing that can give this old man a little excitement..."
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:04 am

More Sad Music

The coldness in the air, was it because he felt the cold mist of this strange day on his skin. Was it the coldness that was touching him deep down in his heart, shutting him off to this world as the tears were flowing as he did not understand. Lumine missed his mother so much right now, every hour of every day he wanted to see her again he looked as the silhouette of his mother faded away like an after image as he only just heard the words that he should get the hell away from there. As he had a memory of his father as he thought back to that time.

********Memories of a father************
"Father, what we going to...ugh....", as the small boy was cut off by his father slapping him as he fell on his butt and looked upwards in a bit of shock. "A weakling like you is no child of mine, go play with your mother and leave me alone". This was the first time his father had hit him in a way that was not training, he wanted to say something but the glare he received was too much for a small child to handle. He wanted to cry as his mother appeared and stopped for a moment as she looked down and to the side. In that moment he had walked off as some kirigakure soldiers were at the door as his father spoke. "Stop wasting time and head to the training camp this instant", his father walked right out the door and as it shut behind the broad back of his harsh father he was crying like he was now. His mother wrapped her arms around him as he began to cry his heart out as his mother hugged him tight.

Lumine opened his eyes as he looked at the strange lady wishing she was his mother, but a part of him began accepting reality again. Her arms were large, they felt strange. However even this strange embrace felt so warm as he wanted to stay like this for as long as he could as his tears cascaded upon her shoulder like a water fall. Lumine heard small whispered words as gentle as the falling of the white snow, she told him to run calling him small one in a way that made him feel like he was her child for a moment. She asked him to please go as he was set down he looked to the ground for a moment as he was still shivering too as he wiped his tears with his arm and then spoke.

"Be careful strange lady"

Lumine began to walk back as he sniffled slightly his eyes felt a bit weak as if the mist was calling out to him. Walking all the way he was not sure which way he was going as his foot touched the water he shivered and turned back for a moment and felt something dreadful as his tears flowed once more. She might have seemed scary at first, maybe it was rude to fear her in the first place. However it was too late to apologize and maybe she already understood at the time, he did not know how to feel as his eyes ached with tears as he walked along the edge of the lake towards where he first entered. It took some time as the feelings of the events of the day as he could not clearly remember the boy he met at the time. Lumine was busy looking and as he picked up his clothes he was not sure what was wrong as he was walking on his way back he started feeling something strange as he had a bit of a fever as he made his way back home to kirigakure. He was hugged his backpack and the rest of his clothes as he realized he forgot his towel so he could not put on his clothes while he was still wet. His consciousness faded as he reached near to the gates of the village falling to the side as he collapsed on the ground.

After some time a shinobi of the village picked him up and rushed him towards the Kirigakure hospital not sure of the details or the situation as Lumine breathed a bit heavily as he sneezed again. He started to have a fever dream in that moment as there was someone who had questions for him even if he was sick now.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 pm

As he circled above, Shinji observed that the bestial woman did not pursue the first boy to flee. Did she deem him too weak to be considered worth the time? Even still, surely, she would want to prevent him from gathering reinforcements and at the very least she might have been able to draw Shinji into closer quarters if she gambled on him valuing the young shinobi’s life. ‘Is she that reckless and without fear?’ he wondered, beginning to understand the type of opponent he was facing. That meant she had to be remarkably strong, likely more than he could handle alone and yet the boy had managed to put good distance between them already. It wouldn’t take him more than five to ten minutes to reach the Kage building. That meant that Shinji simply had to stall, keep himself alive and keep the opponent from fleeing and then he could take part in either capturing her or bringing her down. Such decisions were better off made by somebody of more authority than he. As a newly promoted Special Jounin it would look badly on him if he screwed up this encounter.

The words exchanged between Katsu and Lumine indicated that he was in fact a Kirigakure shinobi whom had stumbled across the woman by accident. She had a soft spot for children it seemed, perhaps it was part of a personal code to not spill the blood of the innocent or defenceless. It would be too presumptuous to say with confidence, but it was a trait he would keep in mind. However once Lumine vacated the area it would no longer be a factor. Shinji was not so cowardly as to use a boy as a human shield. However he had no reservations about striking down a target in emotional turmoil. If he had an order to kill Katsu and if her strength compared to his was more favorable and known to a more accurate degree this would have been a suitable moment to attack. The muscular woman was down on a knee, in deep despair. And yet he could sense that if he could not bring her down with a single strike her strength and ferocity would overwhelm him. Given that he didn’t even know if he could kill her with even a perfect strike there was simply too much risk.

Descending from the skies Shinjiro landed a comfortable 60 meters away from the woman, within the treeline bordering the beach. Transforming back into his human form he looked toward her direction. The mist was less dense near the ground and he could still make out her figure. Beginning to walk towards her with utmost silence his green aura would enshroud him, creating an eerie glow through the mist. His hair hung in braids, flowing from beneath his hood and resting off his shoulders. The vague outline of his pair of Katana’s crossed diagonally against this back could be seen as he neared to 50 meters. “He’s here. I’ve heard much of you Katsu. Beastia, as he refers to you. Vorashu’s power is formidable and it flows through me. You call it chains but I consider it a great honor and blessing to have been chosen to bare it.” He called out. Each word was careful and measured. Shinji’s own aura, the way he carried himself, the readiness to kill or be killed was menacing in its own right. Backed with the feral chakra of Vorashu and he truly was a formidable opponent whom most would tremble before. The way the Genma’s chakra responded to Katsu’s presence; despite being only in the first form one could feel the raw power surging through the air.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:02 am

"Vorashu." Tears ran down an anguish stricken face. "They've caged you again." Softly spoken, almost silent. "They chained a god. . . again." The last word shuddered through a sob. "I'm sorry, Vorashu. I'm so sorry." A woman on her knees covered her face. Her body violently shuddered as she heaved into cupped hands. Fear, anguish, dread made manifest entrapped her in missery. "I'm sorry I ran. . . Vorashu."

A crimson cloak began to engulf the woman. "I'm sorry." Repeatedly whispered beneath shuddering breaths and a heaving chest. Grass disturbed was ignored. Fluttering wings turning to heavy feet dismissed. Agony cloaked the senses. "I'll. . . I'll fix this." Spoken louder as the hands dropped. "I'll fix this, Vorashu. I fucking promise I'll fix this." Once emerald eyes now stained with crimson malice. The boy ignored, unrellenting will stared behind his eyes, searching for divinity. A primal rumbled slowly built in the chest. Through growling teeth she spoke. "I'll fix this."

A man approached a monster crouched on all fours, a wicked stinger pointed directly at his chest. The beast was hungry, ready to kill. It's nose took great air, tasting it. Metal, wood, sweat, and more. Weapons. Muscle tensed and readied for the dragon to strike. "Just tell me how."
JutsuShow
Building Wrath
E - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu's primary emotional default when facing conflict is wrath. Be intentionally letting herself get more incited she will get more and more pissed off as a fight progresses. This is the beginning of the line where she simply begins to refuse to show weakness of any kind. Doing so gives the illusion that each injury and hour of fighting actually makes her stronger instead of slowing her down.

Bestial Sprint
D - Tai (Stance)
Katsu lowers herself to walk on all fours. This doesn't speed her up in any way but does allow her greater control of motion over difficult terrain.

Spring Step
B - Tai (Stance)
During stressful situations Katsu keeps her body primed for sudden bursts of power. Because of this, she can almost instantly hit her top speed in a whim. When quickly evading, changing direction, or charging, she needs nearly no acceleration time to move at her peak during any point.

Diego

Post by Diego » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Yuu began to catch his breath from running, but he was still hunched down, looking at the bland tiles on the floor of the kages office. He didn't hear a response from anyone in the room, instead, he felt another hand swiftly placed on his forehead, with power radiating from it. It wasn't intimidating strength that came from the hand however, more of comfort that the mist in the village brings from growing up around the cloak of white fog. He could feel the rest of the world fading away as the smoky chakra plugged him into darkness with a single light shining upon him. Genjutsu? Yuu thought to himself if he was thinking to himself. He could see the outlines of people around him, it was a little intimidating, but he did not feel in danger. Yuu stood up as a voice from the shadows asked him to speak. He faced where he thought the question came from within the genjutsu.

”She did not state her name. Though she has some identifying features, the woman had a tail and was heavily scarred from head to toe. She also lacked any clothes, claiming that it makes her uncomfortable. Other than her appearance she mentioned Vorashu twice, once when she thought she was alone, and then when the other ninja challenged her from the air.”

Yuu felt calm while he spoke, even if it was too another ninja much more powerful than him. He thought that this ninja was working for the kage, and felt that it was his duty to reveal every detail he could in order to help the village defend from this looming threat. Though more than his duty to the village, he wanted to be the man that placed him into this genjutsu, someone that the kage and the country relied on for situations just like this. Yuu knew that he was not strong enough to help further than this, but he was determined to help as much as he could.

”I wasn't able to see what the second ninja looked like, or who it was, but it seemed like he was on Kirigakure side. Lastly, the woman seemed comfortable in Kirigakure. When I first approached her she was wading in the shallow waters of a lake, like she had been there before. Though she was deadly when approached. Thats all I know.”

After a moment passed from when Yuu stopped talking the darkness around him began to fade and the spotlight dimmed from his body. He found himself back in the lobby. Turning around he as only able to get a glimpse of the ninja who placed him in genjutsu, only able to see that he was wearing a mask. Then the ninja disappeared in a puff of smoke. He felt fatigued from the genjutsu and fell to a knee, trying to hold himself up, then the room went black once again.

Sometime later Yuu had woken up in a white room. He didn't feel injured, just tired from what had happened earlier in the day. There was small beeping sounds filling the empty room with noise every few seconds. He starred at the ceiling before sitting up and looking around. It seemed like he was in a hospital room and safe. He took a deep breath. I wonder if the Kage was able to defend the village, he thought. I guess so if I'm still laying here. He began to think calmly of what had happened to him that day, thinking back to the interaction at the kages office that presumable placed him in the hospital. If that ninja placed me in genjutsu, what I saw, and said out loud to all those people was clearly not information for the public. Damn, I made a fool of myself. Yuu was unusually hard on himself because of the company that he was with today, as his actions would reflect on the great people around him. Though deep down he knew he did the right thing, and hoped that his little contribution would help to keep kirigakure safe for another day longer. His initial regret of bursting out information faded as he laid back onto the hospital bed and relaxed. But even with all that had happened this misty morning, he could not stop thinking about the ninja he encountered in the kages office. That was his dream, and for the first time, he saw what he had only heard rumors about before. The ninja was amazing, fast and effective, serving his purpose with grace from the shadow. Yuu felt his weakness was placed in perspective, comparing to all the other ninjas he had encountered, though he was not belittled. He felt a fire burning deep in his heart to grow stronger, to one day reach his goal, and now he knew just how much work and how much training it would take. Even if he felt weaker than ever before, he knew he was one step closer.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Within the genjutsu realm, the shadowy figure of the caster narrowed its eyes now, a hit of crimson hue to them as they scrutinized the youth in front of him, looking for any signs that he was attempting to resist the lure of the overlay and lie to the hunter-nin. A long sigh came from the formless figure came forward more towards the light as a ghastly looking ghoul started to take shape but still refrained from completely exposing itself to the Kiri-nin. ‘Damn it, could it really be her?’ As a hunter-nin the man was well versed in the fugitives of the village and as the genin started to describe the intruder in detail his blood red eyes widened a bit at the possible individual. ‘Heavily scarred, those features, the strange tail...damn it! I have to notify the Kage about something on this level…

The shinobi’s thoughts were heavy at the possible foe that had once more ventured into the land of the Hidden Mist now, as an experienced shinobi himself the man knew very well his strengths and weaknesses. He’d be of no use against such an opponent without a full hunter team under his command but in the time it would take to summon them the prey might escape or even worse attempt to attack the village. Notifying their leader was the only choice given the priority of time for this mission. “A second shinobi, I see. You’ve done well...sleep now.” With a wave of its formless limb the creature of darkness burst into what could only be described as smoke that surged forward enveloping the illusionary body of the teen.

Within the hospital room a short while later a masked shinobi was positioned outside the hospital with a view into the room of the genin, he’d be keep under observation for a short while…

---------

Elsewhere in the village a security patrol of stumbled upon the wet clothed, sickly genin (Lumine), though they lived a Spartan lifestyle it did not mean that they wouldn’t stop to help a fellow shinobi despite. This was especially true for junior shinobi as they were the next generation who would continue to uphold the fierce and powerful reputation of the village against its foes. A slender looking woman knelt down beside the unconscious kid and shook her head, with a quick movement and a single arm the raven haired female scooped up the boy and took him back into the village. After it was verified that the kid was indeed a Kiri-nin he was then dropped off at the hospital to recover, currently no one knew of the ordeal he’d just been through…

--------

A white a blue streak cut through the settling mist only ten or so meters off the ground as he pushed with near his full speed towards the location that had been identified by the hunter-nin who’d informed him what the possible situation might be there. As much as he was interested to confirm this information he was also very interested in just whom this other Kiri-nin who’d challenged the woman was, as well. To be so brave was a rare trait even under the title of a Kiri shinobi. Perhaps this unknown figure didn’t know whom he was challenging or perhaps he believed himself a match for the rogue woman. Either way the man couldn’t help but shake his head as it would take a little bit of time to travel to the battleground and he believed that most likely the other shinobi would perish before then...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 pm

Shinjiro continued to approach the woman. He was both cautious and menacing in his approach, his presence akin to a viper coiling to strike. Every moment he grew closer, his blood surging through his body as his powerful muscles yearned to be used for his explosive striking speed. Though he was a cautious person by training when he did strike he hit hard. He noted the tears as he closed to within 40 meters. This was good, she was distraught and distracted. So long as it wasn’t some sort of ploy to catch him off guard and bait him into an attack. If he had back up the young Special Jounin knew he would be able to act with much more certainty, able to observe her fighting proficiency without putting himself at risk. Given that he couldn’t afford to wait he would have to utilize a precaution he seldom relied on, the substitution jutsu. Forming the very brief set of hand seals he would focus on a piece of a branch near where he stood. That would help create a bit of space and retreat should the woman prove able to adequately defend herself against him.

Feeling more confident now that he had a safety net in place preventing him from being instantly killed, Shinjiro would enter a range of 30 meters, exhaling slowly as he prepared himself for impending combat. Each step would remain completely silent and even his breathing, heartrate and the movement of his clothes were controlled in such a way as to not give off sound to any detectable level unless one had greatly enhanced hearing to the point of comparable training. Katsu’s ramblings washed over Shinji like a gentle wave though to Vorashu they struck home. ‘Beastia. Do not weep for me. It is Kirigakure that should suffer so. Make them bleed and cower before you in all your fury. Shatter the heavens with your roar and slaughter this new host. That is how you can honor me’ the Genma growled, speaking within Shinjiro’s mind though effectively only to himself. He could not currently speak directly to the woman, not unless he could gain control over Shinjiro’s body and currently the Jinchurriki was far too composed and mentally stable to lose such a power struggle.

He was about to strike when suddenly Katsu’s demeanor shifted and with it her aura, developing a veil of crimson chakra as her stature became menacing. ‘Dammit’ he cursed within his own mind. He had blown his best chance by being overly cautious. Still he couldn’t back down he had to act now even if he no longer had an advantage. Part of him in fact, the side fostered by Vorashu to prove his might against stronger foes, was almost relieved that he could now test himself against her strength rather than strike against someone who seemed unable to defend themselves. ‘You’ve awoken her fury. Now you shall die’ Vorashu taunted through seething words. If Shinjiro could however survive such an encounter his respect for him would grow by some degree. After all despite his disdain for humans he highly valued strength and fighting spirit.

Now that his opponent was on guard he couldn’t simply attack directly. First he would faint a dash towards her, moving at about 25 speed before suddenly disappearing as he transformed into a fly, darting around her, moving at a speed of 40 before repositioning at a 30 degree angle from behind her on her left side, a distance of about 15 meters. He would transform back into his human form and then dash forward with speeds far beyond what she would expect of him. Moving nearly instantly with 49 Speed as he lashed out with dual swords to strike towards several vital areas of Katsu’s torso. His swords were drawn with great speed and delivered with honed precision, the pattern derived more from excessive training and muscle memory than actually visually targeting her body parts, for at this speed like the woman before him he would not be able to fully see his own movements or even those of his opponent should she have been able to react to his attack. He was relying on her underestimating him and so had attacked with his fastest and most deadly combination right out of the gates. If he couldn’t inflict any serious wounds with this attack he would know that there was no chance of defeating this opponent and he would therefore have to shift focus to evasion and stalling tactics.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Basic Jutsu • Change of Body Stance Technique] (Prepared)
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 20 metre radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.

Shadow Step
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite:[Stealth]
Trained in the ways of an Assassin, silent movement is one of the Karagata families most esteemed talents. Shinjiro can run at his full speed without making a sound, light on his toes and able to breathe softly and evenly at the perfect opportunities he is so skilled that even his clothes or weapons don’t rustle. Even his heartbeat is slow and barely detectable unless an opponent has an enhanced hearing technique of equivalent or higher rank. However when walking his stealth is superior to such an extent that he is completely undetectable by means of sound.

Flying Insect
C-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
This transformation allows Shinjiro to take on the form of a winged insect, typically a fly or flying ant though similar species are also optional. Colorations will match those of the native species, making detection virtually impossible short of chakra sensory. In this form he can slip through cracks most people wouldn’t even notice. +6 Instinct, +7 Speed, -3 Stamina

Flash Step
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite:[Upper Body] [Lower Body]
After sighting in a target or a destination Shinjiro has learned how to harness his strength and speed to the utmost of his ability. Digging his toes into the ground and pushing his muscles to their limit he is able to make a dashing motion and attack at great speed, incurring a +9 boost to speed. If his speed is at least 10 higher than his opponents Instinct his movements will be unable to be perceived, 5 higher and they will appear distorted and nothing but a blur. Due to the nature of the technique he will be unable to adjust his course of movement, incurring a -6 to his Instinct while in motion. Also when the attack is complete his muscles will ache due to the strain put on them, incurring a -2 speed reduction for the following 2 posts. The maximum distance he can travel in such a manner is 30 meters.

*[Iaido • Execution Draw]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 30 speed, 30 Taijutsu
In a single moment, the user of this technique delivers a series of six blindingly fast slashes, all aimed at specific vital locations. First the user unsheaths their blade in a diagonal slash aimed to bisect their chest, then using the same momentum for the next five slashes, twists their wrist to bring the blade back across the stomach, throat, thighs and chest before finishing the assault with a slash aimed to bisect the pelvic cradle before immediately resheathing the blade in the same motion as the final slash. By twisting the wrist and maintaining momentum throughout the combination attack, each slash is made as if the blade had just been unsheathed, and the entire attack occurs in less than a second. If even one of these slashes land solidly it could easily prove to be fatal.

Boost Calculation Base 35 Speed + 9 (Flash Step) + 5 (Bonus stats to any normal boosting as per his Jinch bonus) = 49 Speed

*For the following two of my posts Shinji will drop down to 33 Speed unless he utilizes transformations.
Attacks are made with 33 Strength

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Battle MusicShow
[video][/video]
Her head snapped to follow but was unable. The blade bit from the flank, sinking deep. Reflex caught them and they never left. That malice coated blade snapped through the air where the attack came from, splitting a log clean in half. Before the broken stick hit the ground her eyes scanned around, looking for the real target. Ears and nose joined the hunt and soon he was found. Her chest bellowed and a powerful roar cracked the air like primal gaia herself championing her voice. Loud, powerful, and filled with the challenge of an apex predator.

The dragon struck hard. A crack of thunder followed by the storm. She closed the distance to place herself on his chest, the lethal blade to go through the leg and pin the prey. Teeth to sink into the shoulder and rip the arm from the body.
JutsuShow
Bestial Sprint
D - Tai (Stance)
Katsu lowers herself to walk on all fours. This doesn't speed her up in any way but does allow her greater control of motion over difficult terrain.

Spring Step
B - Tai (Stance)
During stressful situations Katsu keeps her body primed for sudden bursts of power. Because of this, she can almost instantly hit her top speed in a whim. When quickly evading, changing direction, or charging, she needs nearly no acceleration time to move at her peak during any point.

-----------------------------------

Vice
D - Tai (Maneuver)
This is Katsu getting a bite in and then locking her neck and jaws in place. This causes the force of the bite to become stronger, causing the depth and holding power to increase, making it so that someone must put all their effort into pulling Katsu off in order to break the hold.

Assessment
C - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu can zero in on a target and watch them like a proverbial hawk. When she does it becomes incredibly difficult to lose her or sneak anything by her. Any action that is taken will most likely be noticed. However, this comes at the cost of becoming tunnel visioned. Other targets and allies are almost entirely ignored, only the most blatantly obvious of things being noticed. Those with speed too quick for her to follow are able to cause her to lose track, if briefly until they are forced to stop again and she spots them. (10 speed over her instinct and over can't be followed)

Sniff em Out
B - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu's nose is more powerful than most. She's taken the time to hone it to such a degree as she can smell any and all scents within her instinct in meters around her. With this she can gain directional information of any and all bodies, though if they're inside her instinct/2 in meters she can pin point their location with ease. The unique smells given off by individuals allows her to detect certain pieces of information such as gender. She must remain motionless to focus on this.

Sounds of Silence
B - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu's ears are nearly as important as her eyes. She can hear even the quietest sounds out to her inst/2 in meters away with pin point accuracy and her inst in meters for rough directional and distance at locating its origin. She either needs to not be in a stressful situation, or remain stationary for a brief moment to focus on this.

Recognition
B - Tai (Discipline)
Requires: Assessment
While watching someone they're patterns become notice-able and easily predictable. After 3 posts of "assessment" she starts to pick up on these patterns whether they know they're doing them or not. Because of this she starts to react and move with them almost before they happen. This does not grant any particular speed boosts or wit boosts in any way.

Rising Anger
D - Tai (Discipline)
Once the fight has progressed Katsu begins to purposely whip herself into a frenzy, letting things piss her off to extreme degrees. By doing so she becomes much more predictable but she's also much more difficult to deter from her target. While she still possesses some form of rational thought it's progressing down the "you're fucking mine" line of thinking. This can not be done unless 'Building Wrath' has been in effect for 2 rounds or Katsu suffers some form of physical, emotional, or mental injury during it's effects.

Swordbreaker Hide
S - Tai (Maneuver)
Katsu's body is extremely resilient and tough. Should someone attack her with a weapon she can lock her body around the weapon as it bites into her. It will become impossible to remove the weapon unless they have equal to or more strength than her. Should she wish it, she can break the weapon off inside her as well, rendering further use of the tool less effective to useless.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Shinjiro felt his first blade strike, slashing a diagonal path across her chest, cleaving her left breast in two as he split her sternum and sliced a deep dash across her heart, severing the left and right ventricle. Such a blow was enough to kill most, causing massive bleeding and trauma to the body, however he discerned immediately that Katsu was something else entirely. The sword wielded in his left hand was intended to strike her chest first then her midsection in a nearly instantaneous backslash while his right handed sword unleashed for her throat. And yet his blade remained fixed in her chest even as his other slashed into her neck to meet a similar fate. Again with both the jugular vein and carotid artery running down the left side of her neck severed this should have been a fatal blow and yet once dug into her flesh he could no longer move his swords. Pressuring with all of his strength the attempt was futile as each sword was snapped in half. Shinjiro’s eyes widened. Clearly she didn’t have hardened skin or else he would not have cut so deep, no, this was something done intentionally through sheer strength and muscle control. A feat he would have never believed possible unless he had experienced it firsthand.

With his attack blocked in such an unorthodox way there was no time for him to react against the piercing dagger-like tail that lashed out at his chest. He had been wise to prepare a substation for such a strike could have killed him otherwise. Appearing about 25 meters away from the woman, back closer to the treeline and the direction of the village, Shinjiro had no time to form any kind of proper thought. He simply knew that he had to retreat and quickly and so he immediately transformed into a small gnat. His intent was to fly off and put some distance between them, switching to watching her from a distance. He knew that it was only a matter of time before back-up arrived. However, as the woman let out a bellowing roar and turned to his direction he knew that she must have already scented his position in the moment before he was able to transform. Though with many other insects flying about in the boggy environment it would be next to impossible to distinguish him from the others through scent or sound alone if he was able to blend into their ranks. Still, assuming she did have a fix on him based on his last known position he would prove a difficult target to hit at that size. The sheer speed and power behind each of Katsu’s strikes would create a wave of air movement that would help to push the insect out of the path of the attack as well as allow him to better sense where movements were coming from. Additionally, boasting 40 Speed of his own in this form it would not be particularly difficult to move the few inches out of her path of attacks. Moreover, in the heat of combat she would have to rely primarily on vision, which would prove to be deceiving as every one of his high-speed evasions would appear blurred and heavily distorted, masking his true position. His aim would simply be to evade and slip into the large swarms of hundreds if not thousands of other similar insects gathered about near the waters edge. The same swarms of insects in fact that he had been happily feeding upon before the woman had arrived in this place.
Jutsu UsedShow
Flying Insect
C-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
This transformation allows Shinjiro to take on the form of a winged insect, typically a fly or flying ant though similar species are also optional. Colorations will match those of the native species, making detection virtually impossible short of chakra sensory. In this form he can slip through cracks most people wouldn’t even notice. +6 Instinct, +7 Speed, -3 Stamina

Blurred Movement
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 25 Speed
Having honed his body to operating at high speeds Shinjiro has developed the ability to blur his movements so long as he is moving at least 5 Speed higher than the opponents Instinct making his fine movements more difficult to determine. If his Speed is 10 higher than their instinct then Shinjiro will seem to leave afterimages of himself in his wake that will persist for a full post before fading.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 pm

The wounds closed around the blades as her target once again vanished. Katsu scanned the surrounding area desperately looking for him, but the insect proved too small to be easily noticed. Her nose flared and her ears strained to no avail. Nothing betrayed his actual position at this point. "FUCKING COWARD!!!" she screamed to the skies in her frustration. Finding no real means of locating him as it was, another thought came to mind. A large tree was spotted and she walked towards it, looking back over her shoulder in mockery. "If you want these." she ripped the pair of blades from her body, leaving gushing blood to coat her in violent appearance. The wounds began to close immediately as she grunted in pain. "You can have them!" Her teeth sunk into the steel before it sundered in her maw. The pieces were jammed into the tree's trunk.

About a moment of waiting to no avail she slammed her fist onto the ground, once again sending rocks and dirt flying. "Where the fuck are you ya fucking tit sucking cunt!" Once more her senses strained to find him, but nothing came. Growing even more enraged she turned towards the tree, maybe 50' tall and easily 7' across the trunk. Powerful arms wrapped around the base as her fingers bit into the bark. Her body flexed, sending rippling power across it's surface. Her feet sunk into the ground as she heaved and pulled. With a great ripping and rumbling effort, the tree came free from the earth. She swung the new "weapon" wildly around in a full 360 arc, sending other trees and rocks flying in her spin. "YOU'RE A FUCKING WORTHLESS SHELL FOR HIM!!! A COWARD FOR A CAGE IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!"

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:21 pm

The crimson haired man pushed through the air as a faint cyan glow of chakra surrounded his body now, its was created from the man using Kinesis to control his current elemental body of stone that concealed beneath the cold looking appearance of Kiri’s Black Reaper and new Mizukage. His thoughts in a slight day dream one might call it of where he’d finally be able to let loose a bit and escape the rather administrative duties that befell someone in his position. It was truly the complete opposite of his persona but his actions and duty as a Hidden Mist shinobi has led him down this irreversible path and as a man of honor he’d see it through until the end. His golden eyes scanned the forest below him that was filled with a faint mist that covered the true ground from his vision but the countryman was well versed in the geography and flew on confidently.

But it was in that moment a bestial roar that didn’t or better said couldn't belong to any normal animal shook the forest and even caused the experienced killer to narrow his eyes as the shockwave passed over and around his large frame. ‘I’m close...but who is she fighting?’ The experienced shinobi could feel the sheer amount of rage released in that demonic roar that it was hard to believe that it had came from not only a human but a woman at that. Things seemed to continue to become more and more interesting for the old Reaper now as he now understood the exact location of the target and even the distance from her. It was time to get started…’I hear she likes to fight head on with others, giving no worry for her own lifet and striking out like a mad woman…

A rather sinister smile arose from the man, those who saw it would even be able to feel that it caused for Kasai to emit a baleful aura of death and slaughter, this was from the various acts during his youth which gifted him his nickname while operating as a Head Hunter. Now, once more, another would have the chance to discover the reason as well...this person would be none other than the former genma host...Katsu. The large right hand reached out in front and slightly to the side of his direction of travel as the entire arm seemed to glow brightly as the man began to summon chakra from his rather extensive reservoirs. It was at this moment that the left arm moved in a near identical manner as the right and also began to glow brightly as chakra was infused into it. That chakra was then directed at the barely visible ground below as he infused two separate areas of earth, each totaling twelve cubic meters in size now.

Both hands flipped over revealing the palms of either gloved hand now allowing for them to be pointed towards the sky, the motion itself caused the ground to tremble before the two large hunks of earth were forcible ripped from their former resting places. Two long cylinders began to quickly manifest from the shapeless masses of earth that stretched out forty eight meters into the sky, each being three meters in diameter. With the remainder of the floating patches of earth that traveled on either side of him moving onto the end of the new handles that he’d just manifested from the earth. Over the course of only a few moments as he continued to close in on the missing-nin’s position the large hammer portion of the pair of divine war hammers formed being twenty meters in length, twelve meters tall, and six meters thick. ‘That voice again…?

Once more he heard the voice of the beast, screaming at what must have been the top of her lungs about someone being a ‘fucking coward’, this actually caused for the man to chuckle lightly to herself. Part of him looked forward to finding out just whom it was that managed to evade the missing-nin and push her into such a rage filled state. Just up head he could see a large tree suddenly being ripped from the canopy and swung wildly around in a circle which created something akin to an explosion of power as it swept away other trees and rocks as it slammed into everything in the nearby area. “Submit or die…” As the sounds of the ravenous destruction would begin to calm down her ears would most likely pick up on the sound of something much a whisper except it would sound as though it came from the lips of a demon, or perhaps the very devil himself.

The whisper like voice passed through the fog from above her nearly sixty meters away and about thirty meters in the sky now as the sound of something very large passing through the air from high above her would have been picked up by her keen senses. It was one of the massive war hammers manifested of stone as it came in a vertical strike from high to low as it intended to smash her straight into the ground. But this was only one strike as the other hammer was quickly put into action as it was sent a moment latter careening from the left side in a horizontal strike from left to right aimed to caught the woman off guard if she managed to somehow dodge or block the first one. Kasai striking out at the woman without holding anything back, either she’d be smashed to mush or he’d have discovered a truly worth opponent of him showing off his actual strength...

Jutsu UsedShow
[Doton • Divide Earth Hammer]
A-rank Ninjutsu
Requires: Terrakinesis and Superior Terra Infusion
After channeling chakra into an area of twelve cubic meters of earth, infusing it with his chakra, the man is able to shape this earth into the form of a massive hammer of earth. This hammer of earth has a handle that measures forty eight meters in length and three meters in diameter, with the head being twenty meters wide, twelve meters tall, and six meters thick. Wielded by the user's Terrakinesis. This infusion lasts for the remainder of the thread.

X2

*[Terrakinesis]
A-rank Ninjutsu
Having achieved notable mastery over Doton, the user is capable of shaping, directing, and manipulating existing bodies of the element without the need of hand seals or an existing technique. The range at which the user can manipulate the element is equal to the user's control times 2 meters. While the user can freely manipulate this element, they cannot produce the element naturally.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 am

The young Kirigakure assassin felt a moment of relief as he managed to evade the rampaging missing nin, ‘She’s an absolute monster’ he reflected now that he had a moment to breathe and take in what had just happened. Two ordinarily lethal blows and she shrugged it off like nothing and attacked with speed that exceeded his own. He had anticipated to be disadvantaged in such a way against what appeared to be an opponent of pure muscle. Clearly she was well versed in all aspects of taijutsu. He had no doubt that if she were able to lay her hands upon him he would be dead or dismembered in an instant. It would be sheer idiocy to try to match her fighting in her preferred manner. Her scornful taunts brushed off him like a gentle breeze. He was used to such beratement from Vorashu, ‘Figures she’d be like you’ he commented with a slight bitterness. ‘There’s more to strength than sheer power. Though surely you know that Vorashu. There are many in the animal kingdom that rely on subtlety and tactics over sheer aggression and ruthlessness.’ He observed. In learning how to best use his abilities as a Jinchurriki he aimed to draw from all aspects of nature. In a way to become a much more complete host than Katsu ever was. ‘Do not speak down to me welp! There yet remains a divide. Predator or Prey. Alpha or Beta. Beastia threatens your territory and yet you run with your tail between your legs, cowering in this pitiful form, among the lowest of the food chain. Fear breeds cowardice and submission and you reek of it.’ The Phantom beast chastised, primal anger seeping into its haunting tone.

Shinji wanted to deny it. To snap back in retaliation but the truth was he was fearful; of failing his duties to the village and dying before he reached his full potential. Moreover, some inner part of him, the primal drive to survive feared death. But that simply meant there was reason to fight. He could not back down. He would continue to hold the line whatever the cost, but he would do so on his own terms. Slowing his heartrate and regaining his calm Shinji racked his mind. He needed a plan. ‘She must have an incredible healing factor or extensive body modifications. Still, there has to be a way to kill her…’ But how? Her heart was evidently not vulnerable, decapitation wasn’t possible, and he didn’t possess the skillset to obliterate her entire body. And without his swords his offensive repertoire was drastically impaired against a physically superior opponent. The thunderous sound of cracking wood and toppling trees interrupted his thoughts. It seemed Katsu was intent on taking out her rage on whatever she could get her hands on. Flying higher in elevation and away from the water Shinji transformed into the form of a small brown marsh hawk, watching his opponent from a comfortable elevation of 30 meters or so once more. He seemed to have the advantage of the skies and as such would continue to utilize such tactics.

Upon transforming into the form of the hawk however Shinjiro quickly spotted the pair a massively tall earthen pillars flying alongside a daunting figure. With the enhanced eyesight this form granted him he could discern very clearly the robes and hat of the Mizukage. The man’s cold voice seemed to carry well despite being what could only be described as a haunting whisper of death. The young Jinchurriki recalled the first time he had crossed paths with the man and very nearly been killed before revealing his identity. That was several weeks before the recent inauguration that granted Kasai the title of Mizukage and protector of the village hidden in the Mist. Flapping his wings a few times the young Karagata quickly accelerated, not quite reaching his current top speed of 33 though still moving quickly enough to make his presence known. “I was wondering when reinforcements would arrive. Your presence is much appreciated Lord Mizukage” he greeted respectfully. He would move in to about 10 meters from Kasai and for the time being simply observe the battle and learn all that he could.
Jutsu UsedShow
Messenger bird
C-Rank Full Kaerujutsu
This transformation allows Shinjiro to take on the form of various medium sized bird species used to delivery messages. This includes small hawks, pigeons, and doves. This transformation is also one of the rare instances where Shinjiro is not granted any stat changes.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 am

"Submit or die."

The words, soft as a whisper, settled on her ears despite the crashing of splinered wood and upset stone. A sudden chill ran down the woman's spine at the sound, the tree dropped. She scanned the area and quickly found what had made such an unnatural noise. For a brief moment she was calm as she looked at this man, eyes glinting from the twin hammers that floated near him, shadows in the mist like him.

For the briefest of moments her rage subsided as she sniffed the air. There was something seriously wrong here. This new person, he wasn't human. He. . . He had no smell of life. He smelled of stone and dirt, not flesh. The hammers began to move and her mind shrank back on itself. Back to another man who was no man. A man made of wrongness. A man no god or goddess could have made. A monster. The memory filled her with dread, fear. . . and hunger.

Instinct told her to feel this man. Temptation told her to devour him for she could feel his power. Something deep inside told her to taste him and fear ebbed. The hammers began to move closer and she began to growl again. Fear forgotten in her hunger, and her rage.

The hammer came in from above and her fist doubled. It came down hard with the force of a mountain, but so too did her strike. Pure rage thrust her hand up and stopped the stone hammer as it came down, shattering every bone in her left arm to the shoulder. The second blow was spotted barely in time and she turned, screaming in fury as she moved the first down to block the blow of the second and being forced backwards by the combined force. Heels biting stone and earth dug up till she was half burried. Eventually, she would force them both over her head and behind.

A feral snarl was her answer to the attack as bones began to snap back in place. Her prey was out of reach for now and she needed to close the distance. Using powerful legs and one good arm Katsu began to dig through the earth, closing the tunnel behind with the displaced earth. Swiftly she made for the water. Once there she'd scan the skies and wait for just a moment for them to get within reach.
JutsuShow
Situational Awareness
B - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu keeps track of her surroundings at all times. At every instant she can she'll evaluate her surroundings and update her mental mapping. However, this also helps in noticing when something is wrong. A tree may not look right or a rock may have moved, or even the smell/sound of the environment is off. This allows her to quickly detect abnormalities either in her surroundings or her perception of her surroundings.

BO
B - Tai (Discipline)
Once an entity has been detected via smell Katsu can continue to glean information from their odors. She can detect their general diet, and thus rough build, by the sweat they put off. She can also detect very vague hormones such as stress, though is unable to determine what type of stress without further information. They must be within her instinct in meters and she must remain motionless to concentrate on this.

Catch and Deflect
B - Tai (Maneuver)
One of the few things Katsu from Naoko when brute force fails. If projectiles are launched at her Katsu can use her hands/feet/head/and tail, as well as any extra appendages she may have, to either deflect them without harming herself significantly, or catch them mid flight. This requires her instinct/speed/strength/and tai to be high enough to recognize it, intercept it, and catch or deflect the attack. Note, she does not need to be standing still to do this.

Burrow
A - Tai (Stance)
Katsu is able to move through solid ground by using her impressive strength to just move it out of her way. She can tunnel through the earth at half her speed, to a cap of her strength.

Powerful Swimmer
B - Tai (Stance)
Lacking fins does not slow Katsu down while swimming. Due to great practice Katsu has achieved a level of water mobility that allows her nearly flawless motion without slowing her down at all while in water or water-like substances.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 pm

As the first of the large hammer’s came down in what would seem to blot out the mist covered sky in an extremely dominating fashion towards the fugitive below, nothing held back as the earthen weapon of death fell from the heavens with incredible speed and power. Their wasn’t even a hint of a smile on the straight lipped man’s face at the moment as all the momentum and mass of the hammer that had fallen first came to an abrupt stop before making contact with the damp ground. ‘Stopped?’ Even Kasai had to question the halt of the weapon but it didn’t impede the second strike which had already arrived now against the free woman’s unseen figure that was concealed beneath the sheer size of the first hammer. Though the genma host had flown over to him, the glowing golden hue eyes were to trained solely upon the currently prey which was concealed beneath the war hammer, at this point the second hammer slammed into the criminal from the side but from his vantage point the Kage was unable to see if she’d blocked or was actually struck head on by the blow.

Retreat for now, kid…” Only four words were spared for the hawk as he remained completely focused on Katsu’s position, feeling the second hammer pushing against some strong resistance that in the end stopped it from moving as well. ‘What a powerful woman…’ The old man couldn’t help but muse to himself in thought about the sheer strength of the woman being able to combat not one but both of the weapons and the heaven defying strength that each brought down upon her. It would appear that this former host was well suited for fighting head long into battle due to the sheer willingness to fight strength for strength, punch for punch against such techniques. Her primal scream would expand throughout the area causing a faint smile to begin forming on the right corner of the man’s thin lips that were barely visible because of the rugged crimson beard.

As the woman finally managed to redirect the force of each hammer sending them over her head now and cause them to travel further behind her the elemental master didn’t both to have them reattack immediately. This was mainly because he wanted to view through the thin veil of mist just what the current situation was for his opponent, to see just how injured the stranger was which would allow for him to decide on what the best course of action for him to take next. Though he was a bit surprised to find the half buried shinobi. Not only had she not been reduced to a pile of blood and bones, it would seem that her bones were beginning to snap back into place, a fighter with regenerative properties. This alone caused for a pair of thoughts to form in the broad shouldered man’s mind at that very moment, ‘How annoying…

As the slender, feminine shadow of a half buried woman suddenly began to dig through the earth the hammers which had only flown a short distance away due to the precise control from their owner now both came back down with righteous fury that belonged to a war god. If it had been a traditional ninjutsu based tunneling technique it would have be rather difficult, if not impossible to have tracked her movements. Yet, for her to use such a primitive style of digging it was almost funny for the man who floated nearly thirty meters in the sky as both towering war hammers were once more put into action. One after another they were sent down with every bit of the same strength that the woman had been forced to block against earlier...only this time the hammers would be striking at an opponent who wouldn’t see them coming.

Part of the man felt that it was his duty as the current Kage to swiftly dispatch this potentially dangerous threat now which was the main reason for any lack of hesitation in his decision to continue attacking the woman who seemed to be fleeing at the moment. Yet, their was another part of the man which wanted to see just how much punishment this woman could endure...it was at this point that a cold, sinister sounding laugh seeped through the bearded man’s face at the situation at hand. After all, for Kasai, this was actually a little fun. "Kekeke…."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:29 am

The earth moved beneath her hand and feet as if water. She swam into the ground quickly and started putting stone behind her. Only a few feet were gained before a mighty slam struck the ground once more, pinning Katsu to the stones she moved through. Pain shot through her hip and legs, signalling the flesh having ruptured. Bloodloss begun to set in.

Beneath the earth, pounded by hammers of a near god, Katsu's mind began to slip further. Pain. . . The horrible pain of this creature's assault was already clouding her mind even if this enraged state. The Parasite went to work resetting joints and getting the flesh repaired. It would keep her alive, but nothing more. A black haze clouded thought.

"Vorashu. . ."

Katsu's eyes snapped open and she looked backwards. Light was barely visible where her legs were.

"Fuck this."

Her body whipped around in the stone and dirt as she exploded back towards the surface, looking for the massive hammers of god.

"And fuck you!"

Her back began to ripple and quake, once again agony shot through her body. However, if it fazed her at all, she didn't show it. Great wings errupted from her shoulders and she took to the skies. With one good arm, and a single good leg, she would soar towards the closest hammer and latch onto it, pitting her strength against his control.
JutsuShow
Primal Rage
C - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu starts to forsake her own well being as her primary goal is destruction of what has pissed her off. She shrugs off injuries much more easily and has almost forgotten the meaning of fear through her blind rage. Allies are not attacked, but they are all but ignored. In this stage, Katsu is a feral beast with little more than devistation on the mind. Unfortunately, she begins to tunnel vission and becomes oblivious to most anything but her immediate goal. Allies may still be able to reach her in this stage, but it'd be hyper difficult and they'd be wiser to stay out of her way. This can only be done 2 posts after 'Rising Anger' or by suffering some form of trauma (mental, Physical, or emotional) while Rising Anger are in effect.

Bodily Awareness
B - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu is keenly aware of her body at all times. She's constantly keeping mental tabs on her state of being, making sure she is at peak physical condition. Because of this, she can detect whenever she may be falling ill, or may have been affected by some toxin. She can recognize when any of her senses are acting abnormally, allowing her to quickly process the problem and adjust for appropriate accommodation.

Green Angel
B - Tai (Stance)
Due to extreme practice Katsu can do tight areal maneuvers on reflex rather than processed thought. She is capable of full mobility and control while airborne. This does not allow flight by itself, merely allows one to move efficiently while airborne.

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 pm

The powerful smash of the divine earthen hammer caused the ground to shatter and cave in below the driving side of the weapon as it attemped to smash the feral woman into mincemeat. A shockwave would spread out through the surrounding area for hundreds of meters, like a localized earthquake that even cause the water nearby to be briefly affected it was pushed back a handful of meters from the shoreline. In only a brief moment both godlike hammers had descended from the heaven to destroy the Reaper's foe. The results being that the first hammer to fall had managed to pin the woman who had be escaping previously by digging through the soft, wet earth.

This would result in the second game impacting further ahead and not striking the fleeing shinobi, luckily for her in this case. But what caused the man to tilt his head somewhat slightly to the left side was the first hammer. It hadn't simply cleaved straight through the portion of Katsu's body like it should have for almost anyone else. How was her body so durable? It was an intriguing question for the bearded man at the moment, though part of him wondered if she was even still alive after receiving a blind sided attack like the earthen war hammer. Was his play time really over with just like that? A hint of disgust could be briefly seen hanging on the left corner of the Kage's thin lips now as he used his right hand and arm to control the hammer which had delivered a direct blow into the enemy.

The right hand appeared be clasped around an invisible handle as the arm raised and in response so did the massive divine hammer. [;]'What a pity, I had expect much more from her...'[/b] Just as the sounds of falling trees and debris from the two hammers impact had begun to fade the former head hunter was given a nice surprise as a faint voice was heard through a split in the ground. Kasai couldn't help but allow for his lips to curl into a sinister smile as the woman cursed him while simultaneously forcing herself to explode forth from beneath the shattered ground. But behind his smirk was s hint of pity for the beastial creature before him now who seemed to be attacking from sheer rage without thought of what would befall her.

The old man was probably one of the worst types of enemies for the animalistic style of combat, of the hundreds of opponents that he'd fought over his lifetime she truly was the most like a mad animal that was in some sort of blood rage. As she had launched herself at the hammer which had only lifted a few meters into the air at this point, the left hand unclasped itself. For the moment the second hammer remained motionless where it had struck the ground, Kasai had brought all his focus into the first hammer as the winged beast latched onto its stone surface. But it would not be as solid as she had probably expected for it to be as the control of the Reaper's left hand caused for it to absorb the impact of the crazed missing nin. "I'm afraid you couldn't handle this, little girl." The man's voice which floated down in a deathly whisper held nothing more than a mocking tone for the woman's cursing.

She would feel herself being pulled into the divine earthen hammer as tendrils of stone and earth leaped forth from the surface of the hammer attempting to drag her injured body deeper into the stone. His end goal to constrict her body and freedom of movement, a tinge of excitement in his golden eyes, if she was unable to resist all of her body aside from get head would be pulled into the stone hammer. This hidden excitement stemmed from the man motives, if he did indeed manage to catch her then he would cause he's palms to come together and then rotate in opposite directions. This would cause the rocky earth restraining the woman inside to grind in opposite directions, he wanted to see just how durable the little animal's body was and how much torture she could endure before death. The old man truly did enjoy the small things in life, too hear another pleading for their life or even pled for die... the good ole days, just thinking about it brought him back decades to when he was a young man working his way through the ranks of the hunter nin organization.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:26 pm

The earth moved as she grabbed it. The stone shifted and warped into long tendrils that bore into her arm. Quickly she retracted her good hand, but her other was lost. The rock had pushed too deep and she was trapped. Fury and panic combined flashed through the enraged beast as she yanked her shoulder away. Flesh and skin tore and fresh waves of pain raced to tell her all was going so very wrong. Rage once again forced the agony down and again she pulled away. Bone rent flesh and snapped, earth bore deeper up to the elbow. Her mangled hand and arm broke free from the trap, but was completely useless. Ruby cascades ran down her mutilated appendage and fell to the earth below.

Katsu withdrew away from the weapon in a moment of uncertainty. Slowly the pieces were coming together though not completely. Through labored breathing her voice cracked. "You. . . You are like him. . . . Means. . . Need to treat like him. No body to break, stone body." Her eyes darted to the mangled limbs. The arm was gone, but her leg was already starting to reconstitute itself. Looking back to Kasai told her three things. Those hammers couldn't be fucked with. For once she had a target she couldn't rip through. This one needed to be obliterated. Not destroyed, annihilated. And she was starving. A disgusting grin crossed bleeding lips and predatory teeth were bared.

Feral eyes leveled with the Mizukage. Crimson water mixed with the scarlet cloak that enveloped her. A low his turned into a rumbling growl. A plan began to come to mind. Her wings began pumping and the woman ascended higher, keeping Kasai to her left. The hammers were kept as visible as possible as well. Katsu would reach her max speed and begin to circle. Where possible, she'd glide to conserve just the smallest amount of energy. A meal was before her, but it needed stalking.

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:57 pm

The golden gaze of the old monster stared down from his floating perch above the battlefield as the little beast was struggling against the might of the kinesis controled stone that wished to grind away her body. Yet, as they berserk animal began to go beyond normal human reasoning and tear off portions of her own limbs in order to escape a awaiting painful death he couldn't help but to inwardly applaud the former Kiri shinobi. As the beast below began to break free from the stone bindings the man cut his control over the hammers and his body went into a brief moment of freefall.

It was obvious to the old man that the little woman below had throughly considered the two options given to her from when he arrived. She could either quickly submit to the Reaper or die...'So, she has chosen death...' The moment his concentration was cut on the massive stone weapons, even before his body began its brief moment of free fall the gloved hands twisted into a mere black blur of hand seals. A sudden ominous pressure of invisible chakra spread out from the shinobi's body, those with heightened senses or those who had experienced life threatening battles would be able to identify this feeling. It was true murderous intent leaking from the man's body. The free fall was only about a second or so before his feet touched down quietly atop the shaft of the other stone hammer that was standing upright still.

Tens of hand seals had already been created when he landed as the chakra level been exuded by the figure was several times greater than it had been during his kinesis based control over the giant stone weapons. He had been called many things as he slaughtered those who stiod before him in the past as a young shinobi and member of the HHD division. Some even referred to the ninja as a devil...today this monster would expose the ferocious beast below what a true decent into hell felt like as his hands cam to an abrupt stop with the dragon hand sign. That amount of chakra that had manifested with the throat of the elemental body was something only the handful of peak Ninjutsu expert could pull off.

As if it was as easy as breathing the man parted the thin lips on his scarred face now, having no need to go through the traditional movements of inhaling like a normal shinobi would have done in his place. Just as the broken and battered beast below truly tore her body apart escaping the bonds of the stone hammer Kasai's golden eyes glowed and hell was allowed to descend fown upon the former genma host. Brillant crimson flames spewed from the scarred face man's mouth with godlike speed and destructive power as the foe would be afforded the opportunity to understand and feel what true strength was. This katon technique was know as Diablos Breath, an apex fire technique created by the man in his prime. This wake of fire would exponentially expand after leaving the Reaper's mouth to over three hundred meters wide and a hundred meters in height, a true hellish tsunami of hell flames unleashed on the beast and the surrounding environment.

techniqueShow
Katon • Diablo's Breath
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Requirements: 50 Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user draws in a deep breath before exhaling a stream of flames that rapidly expands into a massive wall of flames that stretches three hundred meters wide and a hundred meters tall. The fierce flames sweep across the ground literally melting the ground up to twenty meters into the earth as they move forwards at a speed and strength of fifty. If unimpeded this inferno of hellish flames will sweep everything before them caught in their path carving its way through everything turning rocks to lava, melting or incinerating nearly everything it touches as the hell storm pushes out to a distance as far as three hundred meters in length. The flames within this area will continue to burn anything within it for six posts.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:47 am

Predator's eyes watched the man closely. The fall of the hammers was recognized, and paranoia flared once more. As he began to fall she redoubled her ascent, transfixed on the man as he did handseals. The movements were registered, and she tensed every muscle in her body. The Jutsu was not recognized until the flames began to surge forth. In an instant her mind went from unbridled rage to pure fear. Terror screamed through every fiber of her being as the inferno washed forth. The heat closed in within the fraction of a second she had, and its scorching touch eclipsed her mind from rational thought. All she could think was to flee. She had to get away, run and escape. She needed to get the hell out of here. A brief instant of panicked thought crossed her mind and it might be her salvation.

Flipping on a dime she plunged straight down. It wasn't a fall, but her full power and speed pushing every possible chance of safety into the pumping of those powerful wings. As the heat grew more intense she surged into the waters below, narrowly dodging the raging hellfire. The wind was knocked from her lungs and the water's cool touch on her mangled arm sent a new sensation through her. One that was ignored though as she continued to dive deeper. Wings, legs, arm, desperation, all drove her to the bottom of this seemingly all too shallow pond. Even once there, she would turn immediately away from him and swim as hard as possible as far as she could without surfacing, desperately hoping the water protected and hid her.
JutsuShow
Green Angel
B - Tai (Stance)
Due to extreme practice Katsu can do tight areal maneuvers on reflex rather than processed thought. She is capable of full mobility and control while airborne. This does not allow flight by itself, merely allows one to move efficiently while airborne.

Powerful Swimmer
B - Tai (Stance)
Lacking fins does not slow Katsu down while swimming. Due to great practice Katsu has achieved a level of water mobility that allows her nearly flawless motion without slowing her down at all while in water or water-like substances.

Hidden Cues
B - Tai (Discipline)
Katsu is keenly aware of individuals as they enter her perception range. She can listen for their breathing and their general movements. The information gained can be deciphered further to gain rough information about their emotional state (elevated breathing being translated as stress). She can also listen for very subtle movements that may be hidden to the eye, sensing possible sneak attacks or trickery afoot. The range for this is instinct/2 for precise information gathering in even the faintest sounds. She can hear the cues out to her instinct in meters but the information is rougher than normal. She must remain stationary for a brief moment to focus on the information she's gaining.

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:03 pm

The flames which pushed out from the man's mouth and swept across the ground between himself and the dangerous beast before him scorched the earth and turned the earth several meter's deep into literal lava rock as the ground was carved away forming a twenty meter deep, hundred meter wide channel as the flames pushed from the solid earth out into the water itself. Scorching temperatures that could turn a person to ash clashed with the cool water as the fire pushed out rapidly boiling and evaporating the water in its path and the range of the attack. From the sheer scale of the attack, which was probably on that of which not even the prey before him had ever been witness to, swept across the battlefield and literally pushed the water back forming a vacant area in which only the fire storm remained burning out the remainder of its own chakra powerful fuel.

It was because of this massive size that Kasai would be unable to tell if the little pesky ant has been annihilated from the attack or not that had been shot downward from atop the handle of the still intact earthen hammer which he stood upon. The flames themselves being so powerful that just impacting the water was not enough to extinguish them as they continued to press outwards and downward into the natural water source. Heat from the technique vaporizing water into mist that rapidly increased the natural density of the already existing mist in the local area of the pairs battle. 'Did that little brat manage to survive?' Simply due to his own instincts as a hunter of men, Kasai had a hint of doubt in his mind after the attack itself pushed as far out and down into the water as it could before the flames died out leaving a crater within the waters for a brief moment.

The strength of the technique had either pushed back to evaporated the water in its attack range but now the water that for a brief instant seemed to held up by nothing but the vary air itself came crashing back down together from all sided in order to fill the void created by the Mizukage's attack. A slightly tired sigh managed to escape the old man's lips as the golden eyes watched the events occur. A gruff sounding voice that belonged to someone of the monster's age could be head in a deathly whisper of a tone as he spoke to himself, "That was fun for a moment, I was actually able to fill like I was alive again..." It was almost a sad tone that came from Kasai as both of the powerful looking arms crossed over one another now and his eyes closed to reflected on the brief battle with the former Kiri-nin.

He was not the type of man who took kindly to those who disregarded the name of Kiri, it was the full reason he had returned and ultimately ended up killing his own friend, the former Mizukage, because he had strayed to far from what a Kiri shinobi was suppose to be and had diluted the village from its former bloody past that created monsters like himself. Their was no room for softness or weakness amongst those who served under him and those that defected or stood against him were treated like any other enemy...only death awaited them. A handful of shadows passed through the tree line behind him and arrived in some of the neighboring trees that reached a height similar to the height of the massive stone hammer that their Kage stood upon.

They were members of the HHD and had been dispatched not long after Kasai himself had been informed of the little girl's appearance, their were no words spoken as the old man simply pointed outwards towards the waters and signs of scorched earth were water was flowing inwards through the newly carved earth. This was enough to let them know that their target had most likely managed to flee from the battle and the leader of the group only nodded and they rapidly vanished to pursue and look for any clues that might lead them to the injured missing-nin. 'Perhaps another time, kiddo...'
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”