Broken Honor...

Mre-face

Broken Honor...

Post by Mre-face » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:54 am

After weeks of recovery from his battle with Chiane and later his sparring session with Shinjiro. Mondai had fully recovered and was ready to get back into the world, He had learned a lot from those two battles, he learned that he was too reliant on his shield in the first fight and in the second he learned how to use his longsword and that he needed to be stronger and more skilled. But that won't happen unless he pushes his body and trains more. Mondai returned home early in the morning sword strapped to his left side since they recovered his blade from the battle and let him have it on his way home. Once he returned he opened the door to see his mother Makoto having readied breakfast for him and his sister Naomi. Naomi looked towards Mondai and rushed with joy-filled in her eyes. Mondai crouched down an embraced his 10-year-old sister with a great smile on his face. "BROTHER! You are back! Are you doing okay?" Mondia looked down with a confident smile knowing that despite the beating he has taken he has improved in skill by quite a bit. "Yes, of course, I'm better than before even! " His mother looked at Mondai with great pride, seeing him recover so quickly while still keeping his head up and improving at his abilities. Her boy soon turning in to a man was the one that took them out of those slums she couldn't be prouder. But despite missing him at home Makoto needed help at her flower store from her daughter and they needed to go. "My boy! I'm so glad you are back home! But I and Naomi have to go and take care of the store. Come, Naomi!" She said with a commanding yet soft tone to not sound over barring. His mother and sister left while his father Seigmaru walked down the stair with a serious expression, at first he spoke about how Mondai was doing as of late before quickly going to the matter at hand

"You have recovered while you have kept up your training. Good!. Now come we must discuss something." Siegmaru nodded upwards before climbing up the stairs again. Mondai noticed how his father had gone into his room, his weapons cabinet was opened while his father was staring at it with a serious expression of anger. "This shield!" He spoke as he stroked one piece of the shield. "Our history! Our HONOR!" He roared as he smashed his fist against the wall with such force he almost put a hole in the cabinet. "Our family fought hundreds of years not only Kirigakure but for us! We wouldn't stand here if our ancestors hadn't fought! They fought so they could bring us into Kirigakure and secure a contract so that WE could have a future. While our house was at the brink of destruction, We survived! Our ancestors saved our house from destruction. And then we endured until I trained you and protected this family with everything I had. And eventually, that training got us out of the hellhole that was the slums of Kirigakure!" Mondai walked closer and looked at the shield. "And that shield! That shield is a symbol of not only our family but also our endurance. Now that symbol is broken our honor is shattered. But one thing that will never break is our endurance!" The patriarch took a deep breath so that he calmed himself. "You must regain our honor, the reason I am not doing this is that I see this as a test but it was also broken in your hands. You will regain our honor by not only repairing it but also restoring it to its original form. Painted and reinforced with the strongest metal! Then we infuse it with our chakra. " Mondai felt guilty for causing such a dishonor but also determined to not only gain it back but also restoring the shield to its full power. "I know a way you could do this, an ancient family that was named Tetsu-Kokoro that we had an alliance with who used to create our weapons and armor had a powerful forge and metals that might help us. I meet one of the descendants Masamune I think his name was, anyways Masamune was of this family and I meet him when we recently moved out of the slums however I haven't heard from him in a long time. Seek out the Establishment close by you will find him there. However, I must inform you that he might not be able to help because they have merged with the Muramasa family. Probably demanding you do some horseshit for them." Mondai knew that there was no more to say other than that he was on his way and he made his way with haste to regain their honor "I will regain our honor!"

And with that, he made haste grabbed a pendulum that had the Karagata sigil and started walking towards the Muramasa establishment near his home. As usual, they wouldn't let him in all willy nilly. "Before you say anything, I'm Mondai a dagger of the seven swordsmen with business to attend to, check the files yourself! Also, I'm with the Karagata here's a badge that I got." Mondai showed a badge that he carried around with that he walked in with a serious look on his face he walked in. He saw one of the nobles evident by his nice jewelry and there is no way he didn't know where Masamune was. "Hello! Sorry to interrupt, but I'm looking for a smith named Masamune? " the tall noble turned with a condescending look on his face "Finally! Have you come to rescue him from those wretched scoundrels?" A curious look grew on Mondai's face wondering what the hell he meant by that. "Rescue him? What do you mean? I haven't heard anything about scoundrels?" "You and the rest of Kirigakure, Masamune has been kidnapped by a gang of thugs, in fact, he was working for me and was by far the best at least in my eyes and I want to see to it that he becomes known through Kirigakure. However, I can't do that when he is either dead, tortured, mutilated or brainwashed into joining them. While I don't like being this direct, could you help me? I will see that you get a reward for your efforts." Mondai smiled yet rewards was too vague so he instead decided to push his luck a bit and tell him about what he had planned and wanted to see if they could strike a deal. Determination grew in Mondai's eyes wanting to show how serious he was about this. "I was actually planning a deal with Masamune but since this situation could get quite dangerous I think that the shield that I was going to restore to its full power, should have its price cut down in half." The noble smiled liking the boldness "Straight to it, I like it! While that sounds good I find that the pricing for this shield could be quite high depending on the material and what additional modifications could be put on so I say 20% is appropriate." Thinking that 20% is to low Mondai wanted that to bump up just a little bit helping his family financially. "I find that just a bit low considering I will help you find a powerful mine and forge as a bonus 30% " "25%" "Deal!"
"Deal! Now go on fetch me that smith!" Mondai smiled since he knew exactly where to get his help. He had just joined the daggers of the swordsman and he had just met a powerful dagger who defeated him like it was nothing. So he made his way to the swordsman headquarters and there he saw Shinjiro doing something but he wasn't quite sure. "Oi Shinji! I don't like to bother but I need your help, as a fellow dagger could you help me out?" Mondai asked hoping to himself that Shinjiro would agree to help him on this Mission that he has given himself.
Last edited by Mre-face on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Scorpion

Jinsoku,Enzaragi S-Rank MN: Iwa Setsuzoku
Companion
The Swordsman

Yūgana, Mondai B-Rank : Kiri Seven swordsman
Companion
The Angry

Shaolóng, Gōkariki A-Rank : Konoha

Companion

Izanagi

Broken Honor...

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 26, 2019 7:22 pm

Over the course of the last month Shinjiro had begun to spend far more time at the headquarters of the Seven Swordsmen, even opting to train in the swordsmen training arena about equally as often as the various training rooms of his large household. He was beginning to realize that even his powerful family had limits and that he had to branch out on his own and discover his true talents for himself. His potential was immense though he knew he had to work harder than all those around him if he were to reach the peak of what he could achieve. Age meant nothing to him and so despite how powerful he had already become at only 15 he was not satisfied. There were still many in this world that greatly surpassed him in ability and all of his training would mean nothing if he were to face someone of that calibre in battle, as had nearly occurred in his brief skirmish with the S-rank MN Katsu. She had survived his most deadly attack combination, forcing him to retreat, a feat only possible due to the powers imbued upon him by the Genma. His own natural talents had been meaningless. This had given him drive to rise ever higher.

The young Special Jounin had spent the morning reading through files of previous members of the Seven swordsmen and looking through the armory at the vast collection of weapons. He had decided that his swords were not quite up to par. He needed another layer to his tactics, a weapon that could compliment his fighting style and help him truly make a name for himself as a legendary swordsman. However even after mulling it over for several hours he couldn’t quite pin down exactly what he was looking for, though he did have a handful of ideas that might be beneficially to him. As he was leaving the armory, considering getting outside for a bit to clear his head he heard a somewhat familiar voice call his name. His head tilted towards the direction of the young Dagger.it had been a little while since he had seen Mondai, not since their spar several weeks back. “Oh, Mondai. Looks like you’ve recovered well.” he observed casually, before taking on a mischievous expression as he realized Mondai’s mistake. “You haven’t heard? I’ve been promoted. You’re addressing a Special Jounin now and more importantly a full-fledged member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist.” he informed smugly. “I’ll forgive your ignorance on account of being on medical leave until now” he decided, looking back at the young Dagger with his powerful green eyes, cold yet containing all the ferocity and predation of the animal kingdom.

Mondai might also note that Shinjiro’s outfit had changed since the last time they had met. Rather than a camouflaged body suit Shinjiro now wore a long dark-grey coat with lime green trim that extended to his knees, underneath he wore black pants and black combat boots. His dual Katana’s were still strapped to his back in black scabbards but his signature lime green scarf had been replaced by a thicker brown one. He also still sported a hood and a mask, the latter having the symbol of the seven swordsmen sewed onto it, the same symbol also being present sowed on to the chest of his coat whereas his forehead protector was tied to his left shoulder with the karagata symbol on his right shoulder. In a casual setting such as this the young Karagata had his hood down on his mask off revealing his messy brown hair and relatively youthful appearance though there was no doubt that he maintained a powerful and commanding presence. “What is this favor you’d ask of me?” he wondered cautiously. He had never been asked to help someone with a personal task before, only been given missions by superiors. Thus far he had only ever considered two people as friends, one of whom was a relative, the other was now dead.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Mre-face

Broken Honor...

Post by Mre-face » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:38 am

Shinjiro sat there with a new outfit and looking trough files of some sort, Mondai couldn't care except for the outfit change he simply needed help and who better then from someone that was leagues better then him. The fact that Shinjiro could defeat him so swiftly earned Mondai's respect vastly since he has never been beaten except for his battle with Chiane which he did not count as a true fight seeing as she was heights above their Yuuto's and Mondai's level. However, Shinjiro was only slightly above Mondai's level. He saw the genma host as greatly dangerous yet a close competitor, igniting the flame to be great even more than ever after the two loses. The first brought him shame and determination, the second brought him respect and an ally.

"You could say that" Mondai as he rolled his shoulders and smacked his ribs lightly showing how well he has recovered. Later Shinjiro clarified on his promotion yet somehow Mondai was both surprised and not surprised at the fact that Shinji was promoted to Special jounin, he smiled with pride, admiration, and determination to strive to his level. His lowborn accent popped up once he started to speak to Shinjiro as he felt like he didn't need to be formal with him. "Well look at that Special jounin and a full-fledged member at that!" He then leaned forward and got to why he wanted Shinjiro's help. "Look Shinji! I could require a bit of assistance if ya know what I mean. SO long story short a very good blacksmith skilled with metal and chakra alike. Is a descendant of a family that my family allied with since way back. The blacksmith has now been kidnapped and even worse this blacksmith's family is now under the Muramasa. So we need to figure out where he then gets him back! And I kinda made a deal with the Muramasa so I get a discount on remaking my shield to its full-power and also were gonna get some allies inside the Muramasa! So what do you say you with me on this one?" Mondai smiled and stretched his arm out for a handshake. Ready to take on this self-assigned quest with his newfound friend.
Last edited by Mre-face on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Izanagi

Broken Honor...

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 am

Shinjiro was pleased to see Mondai in good spirits and properly recovered. As much as his immediate family advocated for overcoming pain and the limitations of injury, there was also a time to rest and ensure one was able to fight at their best. The young Karagata noticed the accent, the type many in the outermost ring had. He didn’t interact much with commoners, though he had spent some time at sea and had observed sailors and fought pirates. It had slipped Shinji’s mind that Mondai was lowborn, though at least he had devoted himself to the Karagata and he had proven himself to have grit, making him somebody of worth in his mind. Shinjiro was still at a much higher social standing of course, being born into one of the main households of the Karagata family rather than the various offshoots. For some reason he had anticipated some form of resentment for further elevating himself, though Mondai was instead rather encouraging, ‘I can see why Yuuto was drawn to him’ he considered, they both seemed to share the same optimism though Mondai had more drive to succeed.

The young Jinchurriki listened carefully to the explanation. It wasn’t his usual request, often he was paid highly for missions involving assassination, espionage or retrieving valuable documents or items. Moreover he typically worked alone or alongside either his brother or sister. To accept a job without suitable compensation was looked down upon in his family, their services were well regarded and if word got around that certain clients were being given free service then there could be quite the commotion with many powerful, disgruntled clients. Still, the Muramasa were a very influential family. He was on relatively good standing with them as a whole but it didn’t hurt to have someone owe him a favor. “I’ll accept on two conditions. First, the kidnappers die. I don’t leave any loose ends. Second, I want my name kept out of this as much as possible. Aside from you, only the man we’re rescuing and upon completion, the head of the Muramasa family, should know of my involvement. Deal?” he questioned as he reached out to shake the Chunin’s hand. He wasn’t anticipating too much of a challenge though it was likely that the Muramasa were throwing Mondai in blind with no regard for his life. There was no telling what kind of opposition they might face and therefore the young Dagger had been wise to seek reinforcements. And if the kidnappers proved to be exceptionally strong, Shinji could wash his hands of the whole thing since there would be no formal contract of his involvement.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Mre-face

Broken Honor...

Post by Mre-face » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:55 am

Mondai looked at Shinjiro hoping that he would accept his offer because if he didn't Mondai would find it quite difficult to that was on his or Shinjiro's level that he knew well or somewhat well there was Yuuto but he didn't want to risk his own trainee. There was also the fact that Shinjiro was a jinchuriki is something else entirely and that on its own was a gigantic edge. He looked at Shinjio and admired him quite a lot his power was immense and Mondai felt the brunt of that in less than a second and that was when he was a Chunnin without his Genma powers being active. Mondai's admiration led him to inspiration within he would earn the respect of his stronger peer. And they would have a rematch with a different result. He listened to Shinjiro's offer and he happily agreed to it since worst case this would be a heavily blamed on Mondai since he isn't well-known ninja this ensures that the least amount of damage to reputation and less attention would be brought upon this mission. "Deal! Worst case scenario, we screw this up to get punished for something that nobody is gonna notice or care about because it's me we are talking about" He then lifted his fist up offering to do a fist bump with Shinjiro "We got this! This will be all to easy We got you and me together in one team. Name anyone that is our age and is a part of one of the deadliest groups in all of the shinobi world! " He smiled then realized that this went more easily than expected however he also realized how little information they had on the disappearance. No one knew what had happened.'

This is where Mondai's street knowledge would come in to play. "So before we go, They know absolutely nothin' about what happened, The guy we are looking for just straight up disappeared outta nowhere. That ain't right... How the hell did one of the most valued smiths for this noble just poof out of existence? Got any ideas because I'm gonna be completely honest I got nothing." While the thought of going to his childhood neighborhood did ring in his mind since there was a lot of places that could easily lead to someone disappearing and there was a lot of people he knew that could potentially tell him but it didn't make sense to him why would that smith go there if he lived in the higher classes while he worked for a well-paying noble. There was one thing he was certain on and that was they were one step closer to finding out what had happened.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Izanagi

Broken Honor...

Post by Izanagi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:24 pm

The young Karagata swordsman grinned slightly, his mask hanging at his neck though his hood was still pulled up. “Yeah, you’ve got the right idea” he agreed. He had to admit he liked the fact that the kid seemed to know his place and understand the importance of Shinjiro’s pride and reputation. Shinji would meet the first bump and smile genuinely, “On that we can agree but we’ll still proceed with caution. You know, you’re not so bad Mondai. I’m glad I didn’t kill you” he added. Slowly Shinjiro was learning to fight with more restraint and also show more compassion and understanding towards people. Yuuto , Aimi-sama, and his former friend Zekka had together made a large impact in his perspective. Perhaps he would actually enjoy his time with the young Dagger that he had once viewed as a weakling not fit for the Seven Swordsman. Now he could see glimmers of competence and certainly after their last encounter he had come to understand that Mondai had a strong will and with that potential to grow.

Shinji’s relaxed and somewhat warm expression quickly became focused and serious as Mondai went over details on the mission. “Someone has to know something, if he was kidnapped surely there would be a demand for ransom unless they plan on using his skills for themselves…there’s also the possibility he’s in hiding, perhaps owes money. We need to ask around, see if we can dig up any rumors or sightings” he speculated. As an assassin he was adept at finding people that were scared and in hiding, tracking down any locations that might be connected to his target in some way, getting information out of those that might be close to his target. Typically, however he acted before they were aware they were in danger, making it far easier to plan his kill and escape. He had never actually taken on a rescue mission before though and surely would need to adapt his mindset accordingly, just another reason why he wasn’t as confident as he normally would have been. There was simply too much unknown.

Mre-face

Broken Honor...

Post by Mre-face » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:53 am

Mondai smiled after the fist bump feeling a scence of comradery between them despite only meeting Shinjiro once and upon meeting the Genma host for the first time he was sent a to a 'quick' trip to the hospital. However, Mondai took it well so he didn't hold any spite. Caution is my middle name! And you Shinjiro! You're not so bad as well. I'm glad you didn't kill me." Mondai chuckled after countering Shinjiro's remark by quickly admitting how much of a disadvantage Mondai truly was when compared to Shinjiro in that sparring match. But perhaps a rematch in the future could be done however a rank up and some proper training and missions for Mondai would be required before that in order to make it remotely fair for Mondai. He then turned around and listened to Shinjiro and agreed with everything the Assassin said. Mondai started walking towards the exit then looked at Shinjiro to ask where they should go next. "So where do you propose we go and ask around? The last place they saw apparently him was near the Muramasa building near my home. Think we can find anything there or you got something else in mind? I mean you probably got something going on in that Special Jounin head!"

Mondai smiled and waited for an answer while still thinking about his plan B to go to the slums. Mondai thought about the difficulties that would come with going to the slums. First and foremost the rapid amounts of crimes and Shinobi looking to stir trouble, Second if any of his friends were still alive or present in the slums and even if that were to be the case did any of his friends remain his allies? Or do they spite him for becoming part of the Shinobi? Mondai figured that if it comes to that they would find a way regardless of friends or foes. He had arguably the most decorated Chunnin and Special Jounin by his side what could possibly go wrong?
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Izanagi

Broken Honor...

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:59 am

Shinji followed the younger teenager out of the Seven Swordsmen headquarters. "Give me his name and address if you know it, also he might have a seperate workshop from where he lives. I might check village records if you haven't already and then I'll visit each of his properties and see if I can pick up on any scents, either his or somebody else that may have been looking around for him. How long did you say he's been missing?" He verified. If the scent trails were too old he wouldn't be able to pick up on anything but if it was within the last few days they would be in luck.

He then considered Mondai's role. There was no sense in him following him around everywhere, he would move faster and work better alone. "See if you can dig up any names or motivation for someone to be after him, debt, family grudges, a specific weapon or armor in need of forging, hell maybe he just ran off with a girl" he considered, digging into his pouch and pulling out a hefty bag of coins. "I'm sure someone of your background has some connections, feel free to use whatever is there but if you get robbed I wont forgive you. Even as a Dagger you have a reputation to maintain." He instructed, the money was no issue. Shinji came from a wealthy family, living in the first ring, practically a noble and as Jounin his father and siblings earned considerable coin on their missions. Shinji of course was also in high demand and could nearly choose his own wage considering his famous reputation paired with the esteem he earned from his skill.

Mre-face

Broken Honor...

Post by Mre-face » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:04 am

"His name is Masamune Muramasa he might have another last name Tetsu-Kokoro or at least be linked to that name somehow I got his address not so far away from my home actually! His room should be in a Muramasa establishment in fact I went there to talk to the noble that hired him after they merged with the family! Got a nice deal from him hehe!" Mondai snickered before looking at Shinjiro. "I could take you there!" He then pondered how long the smith had been gone since he didn't really get a clear answer from the noble nor did he ask.

"I don't really know how long he has been gone but apparently for a while so I would guess a few days to about a week at most!" Shinjiro's experience and role as an assassin was very clear his ability to think of nearly all possible outcomes and ways to find their target. Mondai looked at the bag of coins where he felt sort of bad for having to accept the coins not that he was poor but it just didn't feel right in a way. "I certainly do! No need to worry Shinji I have been fighting off robbers since I was 10 I can handle myself I am a dagger after all! I'll put this to use!" Mondai nodded with a smile ashe pointed to the bag. Mondai then showed the way to the establishment to Shinjiro before they would split up to investiage separately. Mondai hadn't visted the slums in a while he hoped that it would be better but in his heart he knew it hadn't changed one bit which saddened him however he knew that some day he would do his best to help those less fortunate than him.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”