[Plotboard][OPEN] A Pair of Lost Souls

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:50 pm

2 Sad Bois It was a typical hot sunny day as Nori stood before the Kage building with many different thoughts swirling through his mind, his eyes looking up in deep confusion as he still could not fully grasp what happened in the spirit world and how it had been about 3 years for him but only months here and how he lost almost all his younger companions and yet he was told he ha done a good enough job to now become a Jounin.

Whatever the case the tall, black clothed man definitely didn't feel a promotion was deserved of him and was offered a chance to think about things and so he had gone off to do so, though he had absolutely no idea to even begin to believe in such an idea at all or how to even begin any kind of healing process as he seemed to somehow end up wandering the streets in a lost daze when he suddenly bumped into another lost soul.

The short redheaded kid collapsed onto his bottom and looked up all bewildered toward the hulking giant that had barely staggered back from the impact, though it seemed he was still equally as bewildered and stared back for a short moment before offering to help the kid up to his feet.
"Oh, hehe, sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" the lofty black clothed man quietly commented as he reached down to the boy which seemed kind of out of character.
"Oh, yeah, I guess I wasn't either" the almost fiery boy replied in an almost equally out of character sad tone as he was pulled to his feet.
The pair then stared awkwardly for a moment more before the shorter of the two started mumbling apologies and started to turn to walk away but it was in that moment that Norio saw the hint of lost spark in his eyes, something that seemed to spark a flame in his own as if it was fate that he met another lost soul that needed guidance and which in turn could guide his own lost soul.

"Hey!" the sandy haired man called out "Wait a minute" he added as the boy turned back around confused [color=##80BF40]"You're an Hizashi right?"[/color] the man questioned to which the kid nodded in surprise.
"Huh, yeah" he quietly mumbled with Nori just barely able to tell what was said, though thinking about it the kid was dressed very much like the rest of the clan and had all the same characteristics.
"Hmm... Interesting... Maybe I could see some of your skills? You look like you could be a pretty decent kid" Nori replied with some intrigued sparked within him.
"Haha, not really, I'm a 17 year old failure of a chuunin, nothing good about me at all" the boy laughed at the thought and dismissed what the giant had said which surprised him since he actually figured the boy was much younger.
"Surely that can't be true, you youths have much to aim for and offer..." the black clothed man trailed off as he started to wonder about what he was saying and why when it clicked that he thought the same of the youth that had came to the spirit world and that was why he was so sad about what happened and started to not believe in himself, yet maybe if he could get through to this kid and teach him a few things then maybe that was what he needed to believe again and not worry about such worthlessness.
"...Well it can't hurt can it? Maybe we can just walk together, could be interesting" he added to what he was saying.
Haruto looked confused and shook his head in disbelief but could see that this giant man was needing something like this so he finally shrugged his shoulders as he replied apathetically "Whatever I guess".

With that the pair ventured along together looking like a pair of sad acts wandering aimlessly through the village unsure of what exactly they where doing or if there was any point to it, perhaps they would end up in a nice clearing for some training or something so Haruto could show Nori what a Hiazashi could do and maybe the would run into someone on the way they didn't know really and just seemed so lost.
Last edited by WrightJustice on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 pm

A sliding door to a nice looking two story clay and mud forged home opened with a gentle sliding sound as a mature looking white haired figure stepped out into the blazing Suna sun, its rays illuminating the lightly tanned skin of the jounin now as he lifted the slender finger of the left hand above his brow. The hand shielding his eyes from the brilliant sun light as he'd been working away in the depths of his home and hadn't realized that over half the day was already gone and he really needed to go pick up some food for dinner. Sighing lightly to himself the wandering seemed to have settled down, at least for the time being, after once more donning the Suna headband which hung loosely at the moment from around the thin neck of the scholarly looking individual. "Guess some fresh air shouldn't be to bad." Shaking his head the man let his tattooed hand fall from his brow and hang naturally at the side while the other hand gently went about sliding the door to his home shut before a few steps carried him out of the small courtyard and into the busy city streets.

Despite the harsh temperature and lack of moisture in the air, the natives of the village seemed to hardly notices as they were all well acclimated to this type of environment as the almost noble looking dressed figure stepped out amongst the stream of people going one way or the other, his attire drawing glances from a handful of people as he wasn't a well known figure within the village. Something that Zao was actually alright with as it was better to be a wolf in sheep's clothing in his own opinion as this allowed for him to have the advantage in a confrontation and it also allowed for him to live a truly ordinary life at the same time. A soft smile rested upon the slender man's thin lips as a pair of bright blue eyes scanned the different shops and merchants that had either set up on the street to sell their wears or those who has long standing businesses within the village. It was times like this that allowed for the man to truly feel like he was home now, though their was always something tugging at his soul that made him feel like he needed to be aloft and free out wandering again. It was really just something that the jounin was unable to shake and something he had hoped would fade with time as he rejoined the village in order to help protect his friends and comrades in arms.

It had only been a short walk for the white robed man as he walked in a casual, relaxed manner seeming to easily blend in with those around him as though he was some type of common person despite his elegant looking attire, if it wasn't for his headband than one might not even think to consider the scholar to be a shinobi at all. Just as he was about to decide on a store to dip into in order to escape the desert heat the bright blue eyes scanned once more across the swarming streets to come across a familiar looking figure, a man he'd waddled through life, death, and sorrow with once upon a time. This figure still wore his dark attire, despite the heat, and stood at least a head above most other average sized figure, including Zao himself. 'My old friend...' It was his friend Nori and it seemed that the man still held the same almost sad looking face and the keen eyes of the scholar couldn't help but not the similarly sad looking younger man at his side.

The two could have been mistaken for siblings with the seemingly exact same look on their faces at the moment, this caused for Zao to shake his head slightly to and fro at the image. He'd not seen the young man for a bit of time, having split ways with him after finally managing to return back to their own realm, he'd always been wondering just how his young friend had managed to handle the losses. Putting on a light smile now the blue eyed shinobi began to make his way through the streams of people that were moving in one direction of the other, allowing for his pathway to put him into an intersecting course with the two sad boys now. As he neared a bit closer to the point which the distance was only eight or ten meters the man's tattooed right hand as lifted casually into a half wave directed towards Nori now, Zao holding off on speaking until he crossed the five meter or so line of distance as he spoke with a soft tone to the tall man. "Nori my friend, it has been quite some time since I last saw you."
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:53 pm

The pair where kind of quiet as they walked with Nori simply suggesting a training grounds they could go to for some practise, though neither fully knew why they where even going and yet a hidden passion within the tall giant was practically dragging them along as he felt the need to see the capabilities of the youth be brought to their peak.

There was just something in this secret want that pushed the black clothed man just beyond the realms of depression and negativity, perhaps because he couldn't stand seeing the young Hizashi waste his life away when he could be far greater and not get stuck in any situations that would cause him to lose his life.
Whatever the drive was they had started to find their way towards the suggested area when a much brighter, shining white man approached them as he called out the taller's name in rather cheery tone.
"Ah... Zao!" the man blurted in surprise, having not seen the man in some time and unsure if he was truly ready to even see him at all.
"Yes, yes, it has been some time... umm... I see you are well and made it back yourself..." he replied with a hint of doubt in his tone as the younger kid looked on in confusion
"I guess with your friend here I should..." the kid started to stay and turn but Nori interrupted and held out his arm before turning back to Zao with a bit of forced smile.
"Ah, this is Saisuko Zao, we have had a few joint adventures together, some bigger than others, he is quite skilful and I'm sure he would enjoy to see what the youth can do these days as well" a more powerful and usual tone burst from the man as he stopped the boy from leaving, the hidden spark seemingly rising to the surface before his old friend.
"This is Hizashi... Umm... Oh, now that I think..." he tried to then introduce the boy but then realised they in fact did not know each other's names which was quite embarrassing.
"Hizashi Haruto" the boy then solemnly replied with a grimacing smile spread across his face, his left hand lazily lifted up in a welcoming gesture.
"Yes and I am Yashiro Nori as my friend just said" he introduced himself in an embarrassed fashion "Haha, we actually just met you see and... Well I dunno to be honest, I guess Haruto was gonna show me some skills of his clan and what he can do..." he trailed off, Haruto himself just shrugging, still not fully sure of the situation even with his friend here but maybe said friend could help guide them both and help push Nori into becoming the boy's full fledged mentor.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:19 am

Zao couldn't help be feel that their was some reservation from the younger shinobi that he spoke to now, but the man obviously knew that he was also that cause of the sense of uneasiness between the two. Their rough journey through the spirit realms was something that neither of the two ninja would ever forget, nor the three lives that were lost in the journey. At the mention of making it back, the white haired man only nodded as he would appear a few years older than the last time the two of them had seen one another despite the time of only a few months having passed. A drawback of traveling back and forth through the spirit realms was the time it took to do so. The man's normally carefree look briefly flashed with an almost sad display but it was truly brief and if one blinked then they would have missed the expression.

A gentle smile once more returned to the thin lips of the jounin as his bright eyes drifted from his lanky friend over to the younger man who started to speak before Nori would cut him off, holding back a light chuckle at the actions of the two men who seemed more like brothers as the man judged the two from appearance to even mannerisms. Both slender hands which appeared to be rather soft and most likely not accustom to any form of manual labor came together with one another in a casual type of martial salute to the man being pointed out to him now by Nori. "A pleasure to meet a friend of Nori-sans." His respectful gesture was followed with a slight nod as he shifted his gaze back to his friend.

'It would seem that they just met one another...' As it seemed that Nori actually didn't know the man's name Zao shook his head slightly as the younger man took a moment to introduce himself, "It is nice to meet you, Haruto." The tattooed fingers of the scholarly looking man relaxed back down to either side now as he just set back and watched the two men for a moment. "Ah, I see." His smile only widened a bit at the words from his young friend now and he picked up on the words from his combat hardened comrade now. "I'd also be interested in seeing the power of the Hizashi clan, if that is okay." Both the man's arms casually folded behind him as the right wrist was grasped gently within the grip of the left hand. "Please lead the way gentlemen."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:06 am

Haruto simply shrugged and turned to the even newer guy before finally replying with a bit of a lame welcome "Yeah, nice to meet you too I guess", which where words that really grabbed Nori as the tall man felt them and started to see how lost and damning he was instead of focusing on the future and how to better himself from the losses he experienced.

Zao actually did seem interested in seeing the strengths the Hazashi had, though one had to wonder if maybe he too could feel the lingering lost souls within the two and wanted to push them forwards as a good friend. In any case the sandy haired man nodded whilst the redhead shrugged once more, as the first of the pair lead them into a good training here with piles of sand dunes and dummies for striking practice.

There where a few other shinobi around doing their own thing which did help liven up the mood and enlighten Nori even more as he turned to face the new youngster, filling his mind with thought on how he wanted to see the boy improve like them whilst also making him truly feel like he was being kind of pathetic himself.
The tall giant closed his eyes rather solemnly for a moment as he remembered the trip to the spirit world, damning his own strength and wishing the youth they where with had more time to shine and become brilliant but then he also thought back further into his past and his bout of depression that he had pushed himself to recover from and get reinstated as a professional shinobi.
"Hehe, such stupid thinking" he muttered to himself as he knew he could not let himself fully slip back into that world, though it was difficult to stop thinking of such young lost lives he truly was being pathetic and burying himself instead of pushing on and now this even greater buried young lad was before him and needed his help to bloom like those that did not yet quite get their chance.

"So then" the man then pushed out words in his usual powerful tone, perhaps a bit forced still but powerful nonetheless "Are you just going to stand there or are you gonna show us what the youth have got up their sleeves today?" he then pressured the kid who looked a little startled, not quite believing it was the same man from earlier as he glanced over toward the white sparkling man that had joined them in confusion.
"Well... I guess..." he slowly spoke as he took in the expression on Zao's face, then took in Nori's once more as a dying spark within his eyes seemed to also light up.
"Hehe, sure, lets see what I can do" he spoke more positive, though clearly not as forthcoming as Nori as he words where still loathsome but he certainly seemed to be getting into the spirit of the exercise as if the black clothed soldier somehow started to stir something within him.

Haruto wasn't really sure what they where after and even though he was spurred on he was still lacking in enthusiasm and so he basically stood there with his left hand in his pocket and his right barely lifted in front of him, chakra lazily flowing through him until it began to radiate out and then he simply put his hand into his other pocket and simply stood there as he glanced at the pair to see what they thought.
For a moment it may have seemed nothing even happened, especially with how lazy Haruto seemed to be behaving, however it then suddenly hit as Nori exhaled a breath of exhaustion and sweat began to drip from all manner of places.
"Ah..." the giant simply aspirated as he wiped his forehead, to which the boy gave another shrug and a look as if to say "is that what you wanted".
Off Topic
Kaenton • Heat Aura (C)
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By channelling chakra, the clan member can increase the temperature of the air around them. This creates a 10 meter diameter area of heat centred on the clan member for the following seven posts. Anybody within the area will feel an intense heat that will usually cause them to perspire, feel thirst and in general make them uncomfortable.

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:56 pm

Zao only gave a gentle nod of his head towards the words of the young man who stood behind his tall friend, the shinobi's bright eyes scanning over the somewhat emotionless face of the rather disinterested chuunin now. The man appeared to have a similar feeling of loss about him that Zao and Nori had experienced in their times adventuring together. 'Seems like these two might actually have more in common than just their clothing choices...' The thought caused for a soft smile to work onto the thin lips of the white haired shinobi as he held back the light chuckle that was forming in his thought from his thought. Not speaking back to either the man simply fell in step behind Nori and Hazashi as the first took the lead and began to travel a short ways to a nearby training area.

The area itself was fairly average, a few boulders for training targets and a couple of youngsters out practicing to hone their ninjutsu craft, something each of the three men had all done before in the past. As they entered the man stared at the backs of the two younger ninja in front of him, he knew that his friend had a difficult time after returning to the human realm as even he had torn himself away from the world for a bit to deal with the incident before deciding to return to Suna. Yet, even now he couldn't help but wonder if that was the correct decision for himself. All of his friends and family were here for him to protect but he also felt himself passively attempting to distance himself from this place, as though their was something else out there calling for him.

Shaking his head ever so slightly back and forth now the man snapped his thoughts away from the distracting thoughts and brought the focus back onto the two young men before him just as Nori spoke. The slender man couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the powerful tone of voice used by the giant man, their even been a hint of pressure to it that Zao hadn't experienced before. Perhaps Nori really had managed to grow from the experiences and the darkness within the past, or perhaps their was just something about seeing this fellow shinobi who was similar to himself that was bring such out in the soon to be jounin. 'My young friend seems to be maturing into a strong man. Another fine shinobi for the village.' There were truly a few impressive ninja that were up and coming within the village, perhaps he wouldn't have to have himself fixed within the village for as long as he had original thought.

Zao had folded his arms over one another across his chest at the moment, a slight smile still hanging on his lips at the two kids in front of him and at the fact that a spark seemed to have formed in the youngest amongst them eyes as he agreed to let them see what he was capable of. The jounin had never had the privilege of working with one of the Hazashi clan, only reading about them in the various records and reports that were within the hands of the Scribes. His bright blue eyes gained a faint blue glow to them as his minds eye technique spread out with an invisible ripple of chakra surrounding those within twenty five meters of the skilled jounin allow for him to see through the somewhat lazy actions of the clansman who appeared to not really put any effort into his actions.

Yet, he was able to see the shimmer of heat spread off Nori's young friend now, the heat seeping out into the already scorching desert air now as the experienced travelers sucked in a mouth of hot air, the heat clan really did live up to their name and this was only a rather low level technique. As he was evaluating the technique itself and how the boy was able to increase the heat of the surrounding area where they stood the vines under his sleeves wiggled at the sudden increase in temperature. Toge only moved a little, being a desert vine to begin with the temperature didn't have that much of an effect upon him but Hana was a bit more sensitive and crawled out from the right sleeve onto the man's hand and spoke. "Hot, hot, hot!" A lightly laugh slipped through Zao who had reach up with the same hand to tug lightly at his own collar before noticing his little rose spirit pet coming out to complain to him about the heat.

Stepping back a bit to create a gap between him and the two young men the little plant spoke to her master and then turned towards the culprit with a rather unpleasant look. "You should have at least warned us..." The small voice spread out from the rose as she sounded like a small child talking to a parent and Zao couldn't help but shake his head and shrugged...looking up to the two men he was still shaking his head as he spoke to them. "Don't mind her."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 am

Nori had not felt the pressure of heat that a Hizashi could make before so it was quite surprising to feel just how that happened, which did impress the man though he felt like he definitely wanted to see more and was very curious about various applications but before things could move on he and the boy both turned to look at their white haired companion as a strange voice seemed to speak up from him.

With a quick glance the black clothed giant instantly noticed the weird plant he had previously helped fetch and worked with in the spirit world, though he wasn't too sure about the thing right now but it was peaceful so he let it be and nodded with a smile towards it and his friend.
Though Haruto looked quite perplexed at such a thing, curious as to what it could even be but not really bothered about prying into such matters especially since Zao insisted they paid no mind to her and so he turned back to Nori with a questioning look upon his face.
"Sooo...?" the kid just sort of trailed off in with a limited question as if to ask what he thought and what was next.

"Right." the man then replied with a bit of oomph, exhaling hot hair from his mouth "That was quite a nifty trick, I'm sure it must cause enemies a lot of grieve and slow them down" his words where indeed full of awe as he lead into wanting more "What about offensive wise? There must be strong ways to deal a powerful blow to the foe right?" he asked, somewhat shocking Haruto at first as he looked down and away with a sullen look.
"Ah... Umm... I... D-dunno about powerful, that's not-" he paused and thought "-that's not my kind of thing, I mean I guess I can direct heat at people and cause burns but I dunno if that's any kind of damage you would want to see here" he spoke kind quietly, slowly turning the face the men properly again which made Nori wonder what was up but he also did not want to pry in the boys matters.
"W-well, I suppose your sword is good enough for going on the offensive I imagine" the man twisted the conversation around a bit and pushed a different angle "I'm sure the heat would make close combat faulty for everyone else, oh though what about imbuing heat into it and causing damage that way?" the man inquisitively asked
"Oh, right, yeah" Haruto replied kind of shocked, though he had noticed the giant had his own sword so probably knew of many ways of implementing jutsu into his kenjutsu.

As the shock subsided Haruto pulled Shinku no Honou in its black and crimson glory, showing it off for a second before channelling chakra into it causing the crimson pattern to glow like flames before then slashing through a nearby wooden practice dummy.
The dummy burst into flames along the cut line as the blade sliced through it with ease, proving both his technique and the heat of his jutsu though at the dismay of an onlooking worker who had to now find yet another replacement for said dummy and wished people would stop using real swords against them.
"Hmm... Yes... Quite impressive" the tall man exclaimed, nodding his head in awe and almost forgetting all his troubles up to this point as he started to get into things and actually started to feel an eagerness to actually move onto possibly teaching this kid even more, taking this skill and expanding on it as his arm lay heavily on his own blade with his hand gripping tightly to the handle.
Off Topic
Kaenton • Minor Weapon Heating (C)
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
The user channels and floods the weapon they're holding with Kaenton chakra, raising its temperature by up to 15 degrees Celsius, causing burns on sustained contact. This temperature remains for up to 5 posts or until cancelled by the user.

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:56 am

Zao had been truly professional and mature as one might expect a scholarly looking man to be, but seeing the actions of the young man as his large friend continued to push him a small chuckle couldn't help but escape from the slender man's lips at this point. 'These two truly have something unique, its almost like I'm looking back at Nori's past and how he was as a younger shinobi.' A gentle smile could be found resting upon Zao's lips after the brief spout of quite laughing came to a quick conclusion, perhaps mentoring and training someone like Haruto was for the best. Either of them had the ability to relate to one another and each were equally as awkward and strange. The latter part of his thought nearly caused for him to break baring against to laugh but in the end the long white haired man managed to hold it back on this occasion as he felt the tug of the young spirit plant on his right arm once more. 'Fine, I'll move back a little more'

Whispering his thoughts back into the mind of the desert rose who had concealed herself from the outburst earlier it seemed to calm our somewhat as he followed through and casually took a few more steps back until he'd moved another five meters away from the pair of younger ninja. 'Hmm, able to change the temperature of the surrounding area and even the temperature of items that are able to come into contact with. How interesting. I wonder how resistant the clan is to their own techniques…?' The man truly welcomed the opportunity that had fallen into his lap to actually witness and even experience the possibilities of the Heat clan that were brought forth from Haruto, but as he saw the pair speaking.

The actions by the younger shinobi caused for him to remember the first time that Nori and himself had worked together on the mission to deal with the shadow demon which had been preying upon a small mountain village within the Wind country's boards. He'd witnessed the man utilize a special nintai sword technique a number of times and remembered being impressed with the level of control the special jounin was able to utilize with the Futon and Kuuton techniques at his disposal. It was good to know that shinobi with such potential as Haruto and Nori from the generation behind himself were growing so rapidly that in time he would not need to stay here within the village and worry about having someone to protect it from the threats brewing currently within the world.

He didn't feel as thought their was any need for words from himself at the moment, it was a moment for his young friend to move into the mentoring role which the higher echelon of shinobi were suppose to fill for the next generation. The goal always being to have the next generation surpass your own. At this point Zao had become a by stander and only watched the scenerio unfold...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Zao seemed to mostly watch in silence and yet his presence created a sort of calming effect for Nori, allowing the giant to more easily block out his worries and doubts as he became focused on Haruto himself and allowed his curiosities to become piqued.
"Yeeaah... So, is that all?" the young lad questioned, yet still uncertain of what they where even up to, though with a quick glance between the two men it seemed they still held interest in his clan and so he prepared himself for more questions.
"Well, your techniques are certainly interesting" Nori then curiously replied "Though I have to wonder how you deal with such heat, especially when such a minor increase in the already hot desert seemed quite tough for me" the intrigued giant had an inkling of the matter in his head but he had to be certain.
"Ah, well, yeah we do have a larger tolerance to heat though we could still succumb to each other's techniques so it can't stop it all" Haruto he somewhat mumbled as if it should be a known fact, though Nori could still just pick up his blur of words.
"I suppose that makes sense" the man simply replied, nodding to the fact that he kind of guessed as such.

The black clothed man then scratched his head for a moment as he glanced back at the redhead's sword before forming a grin and pulling out his own, showing it off in a similar fashion as the boy but with seemingly greater pride as he spoke further.
"So, if I understand correctly from what little I have heard, your clan's jutsu is related to both Katon and Fuuton chakra correct?" he questioned, showing he did have some knowledge of their jutsu
"Huh? Oh right, yeah" Haruto quietly replied, wondering where this was going
"So then I imagine you also know jutsu of those types too correct?" the man continued to question further
"Yeah, a few I suppose...?" the boy seemed quieter as he truly wondered what the man was getting at as he moved his hand down his freshly unsheathed blade.
"Any you can do with your blade like that jutsu you just showed us?" the man asked, a grin beginning to form.
"Huh, not really, my blade is suited best for heat so I guess I never really tried" Haruto simply replied with a shrug
"Ah, then, perhaps I can show you an easy one you could one day pick up for yourself" Nori replied, his grin now at maximum as he chucked the sword in the air and performed a set of handseals.
Once the seals where completed the man instantly caught the sword and swung it down toward a nearby rock as wind surged through the blade and in turn went zooming right at it, slicing right into the surface in the form of a crescent shaped gust of wind.

Though after all was said and down the youngster didn't look particularly impressed which disappointed the special jounin somewhat, making him truly feel the coldness radiating from the sad boy which felt quite ironic for a member of the Hizashi clan.
"Umm... Whatevs... Okay, fine, yeah... It was cool I guess" the boy slowly spoke, feeling pressure from his elders's gazes which caused him to let out a sigh and really push himself a bit.
"Lets see" he then mumbled, taking the pressure on as he then copied the very same handseals and coated his own weapon in wind before unleashing his very own crescent wind blade which now caused a cross shaped cut in the rock as it overlapped with Nori's and in turn caused the man's face to drop into shock.
"Whoa! You? You did that just now?" he was almost speechless and could barely blurt out such a question
"Umm... yeah, it didn't look that difficult and you looked disappointed that I perhaps didn't care so I gave it a shot and there you go" he spoke as if it was no big deal, pointing at the rock "I did it" he added, now shrugging.
Haruto had bee known as a bit of a jutsu whizz in his younger days and though his flame had died out since the accident, it did seem like he still held such a talent hidden within and so he managed to instantly copy the jutsu from seeing it performed just once but then again it was a simply D-Rank jutsu so it was on the lower scale of things to learn.

Nonetheless it showed the great potential still sleeping within the boy and left Nori quite bewildered and yet awakened to a great sense of need to see and teach more in the kid, he truly felt like he had to rekindle the dying embers within him and push him to be what he truly could be which in turn began to spur the light within himself and well and truly begin to shed the darkness lingering from the spirit world.
"It seems you have done well on this journey you described to us and with the information can glean from this and what Zao have to tell when he returns we could push Sunagakure into new heights. As such, if you are up to it, perhaps you are now worthy of the title Jounin" those words rang out to Nori once more as he started to think back on it and how he denied such prospects, yet maybe they where not too wrong after all.
Off Topic
Fuuton • Wind Slicer
D-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user channels fuuton chakra into a bladed weapon and then performs a cutting slice through the air. This swing will then release a 1m long blade of wind in the same orientation as the slash, sending it forward at 5 speed and 5 strength for up to 10m before dissipating.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:18 pm

'I can't help but wonder if this was how Nori was before I met him...' The scholarly looking man couldn't help but let out a quiet chuckle to himself at how the two interacted with one another. For the time being he would simply continue his position as the third wheel in this conversation and allow for the maturing friend of his some time for personal growth. He was told that even with his own recommendation put in for the man's promotion it was the shinobi himself who turned it down not feeling that he was ready for the responsibility or operating at that level. This had been something that Zao hadn't been able to understand due to the differences between their mindset and personalities, yet he knew that for one to grow they needed to follow their own path as well. Something that he did when he didn't reenlist after his first four years as a shinobi and instead went out to travel the world and broaden his own horizons.

'Little Nori, perhaps only you could get through to a kid like this.' Even though the white haired man could tell that the boy needed someone to restart the fire within him, to get him a spark, teaching and mentoring was truly something that the soon to be bannin was terrible at. He'd had some guidance by the old man who was also one of the council members but aside from that he'd learned everything on his own through either experience or through research. But he couldn't help but frown slightly at the poor attitude towards almost everything that the figure seemed to have yet he refrained himself from intervening as this was truly Nori's show. His friend seemed to have some sort of connection with this young one and Zao wanted to see just how things would play out in the end, perhaps the special jounin could help ignite the passion in this youth.

"Would you look at that." Things had remained rather bland, even for the spirit tamer as he watched from the sideline up until the point that the youth was able to execute the wind nintai technique that Nori had demonstrated just a few moments ago with near perfection as though he already knew it. The first set of words were more so mumbling to himself now but he next thing to follow was a light hearted laugh as he began to step forward with gentle steps, advancing towards the side of the two men who wielded their own personal swords. "Haha, Nori-san, perhaps I should be the one trying to take this little guy on as a student. Even just copying and demonstrating a low rank ninjutsu like that is still an impressive feat."

While Haruto didn't seemed to understand the implications of his knack for ninjutsu, Zao for one did and he was also sure that Nori also was coming to the realization of just what they where. If he was able to train this young man and push him into actually caring about being a shinobi and training as he should be then the heights he could reach could possibly rival Zao's own current strength. How wonderful would that be to have another strong defensive for the village so that he didn't feel so pained to always be near the village to protect the village and it inhabitants? Shaking his had and smiling now he reach up to lightly grasp the shoulder of his tall friend now. "What do you think, my friend?"

Though he did have some slight interest in taking the ninja as a student of his own, he's words were meant somewhat in jest to his friend with the meaning that if he didn't want to take on the challenge that he would be willing to. Zao hoped that his words would hurry and spur the special jounin into action and jump on this opportunity. With his jesting words the man gave a firm squeeze of Nori's should now, a signal for the man to seize the moment...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Nori stood in shock for a moment before simply sheathing his sword and turning towards Zao who also spoke up in shock, expressing how amazing it was to copy even a basic jutsu with such ease whilst also teasing that he should become the boy's sensei.
Haruto did stop and think about it and recalled being called very skilful at the academy and as a genin, surprising himself a little after diving into such thoughts for a second as he kind of forgot how amazing it really was and hadn't done such an impressive thing in a long time.
"Ah... I suppose it is" the boy muttered after thinking it over and sheathing his own sword.

That being said the redhead simply shrugged as if it was maybe a fluke and could never happen again, though with the other older guy also properly gaining interest in him now it did kind of throw him off and he wasn't sure he wanted all the attention.
"Haha, well I'm sure you could teach him well" the black clothed man replied in a somewhat jovial manner, for him anyway, "Thooough..." he then went into a trail as he thought over the seemingly joking idea "Perhaps I could have a go myself for real..." he said, turning towards the kid with an intrigued look.
"I gotta say, this wasn't really anything serious and I'm not sure what got us here but maybe there is something to the idea of raising the youth and maybe even proving myself in doing so" he commented further as he pondered it and became more serious.
Haruto glanced confused then gave a bit of a glare as he realised what was being said "No, I'm not really worth-" he started to push them away from the idea but Nori interjected.
"Not worth it? Clearly untrue given what you just showed us" he forcibly spoke over the boy "Now, I obviously dunno your situation and what got you like this but I reckon I could push you back into shape all whilst... Well... I suppose, lifting my own spirits and skills. Win-win, no?" the tall giant explained how he was feeling about the situation and actually seemed to truly grasp the idea training the young man.
"Aaahh... I dunno..." the quiet boy mumbled in shame, glancing between the two men.
"We are both sword users and fuuton users at the very least right? So why not give it a try? No use to us both wallowing in pity" he pressured further, causing Haruto to look over at Zao with a sheepish look as if to ask if such a thing could at all be serious.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:29 pm

"Perhaps.." Though his friend spoke in return that he could team him well, Zao felt a bit of hesitation due to what he'd been able to see in the young chuunin before them, This was because of the sword, judging from how freely he was able to wield his weapon that he had spent quite the amount of time working on and developing his taijutsu and Kenjutsu. Not something that the scholarly man himself was adept in nor spent much of his time focusing one, instead focusing on the true mysterious of ninjutsu and chakra while forgoing the other side. But as he turned his eyes onto Nori he couldn't help but see even more similarities in the two. Personality, talent, nintai skill...there was truly so much that Nori would be able to help teach this young talent.

"Haha, Haruto-kun...my young friend is right. There isn't that many nintai user's like yourself in the village who are at Nori's level of strength or worldly experience." Zao drew back his hand from Nori's shoulder and now allowed for them to cross gently upon one another as they rested across the chest of the slender built shinobi. His reply in direct response to the almost sheepish look that the chuunin had given him after the stirring words from the soon to be jounin who wanted to train and mentor the fellow shinobi. Not many people went out of their way on just a feeling, but decisions driven by the heart expressed the conviction of that person. This was the first time he'd seen Nori like this and it brought comfort to him after everything the two men had been through and experienced, pushing past that wasn't easy for either of them.

As he turned his gaze back onto the tall, dark clothed man off to his right he smiled again before nodding to him in affirmation of the passion he had for wanting to take this chuunin as a student of his own. "Don't doubt your own worth Haruto. The village needs talented shinobi like yourself to surpass Nori and my generations in the future." After his nod to Nori the blue eyed man turned his smile back onto the younger shinobi of the trio and spoke to him again now. Attempting to express that this was a great thing for him and not to doubt in himself or his abilities as a ninja. One could only hope that the words from himself and Nori would be able to get through to the talented chuunin and that they would stir his desire that one roamed within him as a genin...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:47 am

Haruto tried to take in what both the older men where saying as he leaned to his right, his hand from the same side raised up and scratching the back of his head as if he was in some troubled thought over the matter until he dropped it loose by his side and looked at them with a bit of a smile.
"Eeehh... I guess... Sure, why not" the boy finally replied with a bit of effort, accepting the offer from Nori even if he wasn't sure how it could truly work.
This actually made the black clad man feel surprisingly happy as he began to envision the path forwards into a world of strength, for both him and the Hizashi as it seemed quite the deal for either of them in their current state.
"Very well then" Nori replied with a delighted nod "I suppose I should work something up for us next then" he added as he pondered what their next step must be.

With that the giant turned to his shining, white friend to see what he thought of the matter before turning back to the redhead with a small thought of where to begin.
"Ah, perhaps a meal or a drink to discuss things further?" he questioned, though Haruto looked unenthused and turned toward the exit.
"Eh, maybe another time" he dully spoke as if he was done "I think this has been too much for now, I'm gonna be off" he half mumbled as he began to walk off, perhaps not used to so much attention lately and still needing to get used to the idea of the whole thing on his own.
"Uh... Thanks... I guess... Just call for me?" he then muttered in a half embarrassed fashion as he then continued on and left.

Given the young lad's exist Nori basically stood scratching the back of his own head looking a little dumbfounded but still happy the boy actually still accepted their student, sensei relationship even if it seemed a bit forced.
Though the giant did hope to get to know the Hizashi kid more and wanted to get down to the root cause of his woeful ways, which he was starting to suspect could be death related given the past behaviour related to using overly dangerous techniques.

Zao

Post by Zao » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:32 pm

The older of the three shinobi allowed a gentle smile to hang on his lips as he watched the somewhat awkward exchange between the two men who were more alike than Zao had thought at first, but he felt that things had truly gone for the best or at least the best that could come out of a conversation between two strange young men. A light hearted laugh managed to slip between the man's thin lips as he took a few steps up beside his tall friend giving him a reassuring pat on the back with his right hand as the boy had finally responded that he would become the student of Nori. Though he really hadn't done much to really help his friend in influencing the young Haruto, he still felt good about the situation and that it was something which would be of great help for both of the parties.

"I'll see you both around sometime then." Zao still held the gentle smile on his lips, today seemed to truly be a good day. As he turned taking a step back from the special jounin their was a soft glow from one of the handful of bracelets that were carefully wrapped around the left wrist of the white haired scholar. A half frown seemed to snake onto the right corner of the experienced jounin's lips as the mental message from the notification bracelet echoed into his mind. 'Seems that I'm needed elsewhere...' Turning back to his friend the man gave a half wave with the left hand raised just above the shoulder and a nod of his head in approval of the actions of his friend towards the Hizashi kid.

It would seem that he wouldn't have to worry about the young man as much any more, a kunai seemed to almost appear within the left hand now before in the blink of an eye space twisted and the white haired jounin had vanished. Teleported off into a place outside of the village where his talents were needed in investigating a strange situation. Even though he'd already disappeared from sight the man's soft spoken voice lingered in the air just long enough for his comrade to hear. "Good job, Nori-san..."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”