Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 am

Username: Jesse
Shishi, Inyo

"Heavenly bodies above, hear my prayer, descend from the cosmos, Leo, King of Beasts!"

General Information Age: 16
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 Lbs.
Physical Features:
  • Face/head: Inyo has a large forehead and strong, bold features including a wide jaw and a powerful looking nose. His brow is permanently stuck in a fierce, determined expression and his amber eyes glow with red hot fire. His thick and wild blond hair is tied back in dreads, forming a mane-like visage about his head. His beard is rather weak, and light blond hairs dot his chin adding a scruffy look that screams more "lion cub" than "king of beasts."
  • Body: Inyo's skin is a olive-golden color. When one thinks of the Shishi inheritor of the Leo spirit, one tends to think of massive hulking men fitting of the title "King of the Beasts". Inyo, however is smaller and agiler then his predecessors appearing more like a jungle cat than a ruler of the plains. He's well proportioned, and decently toned. His skin is tough to the touch and along with his the scars on his body it's clear that he has trained extensively in combat.
  • Notable Features: A scar of what was once a decent sized gash in the middle of his forehead. As a prideful man, he doesn't like to talk about this particular scar.
Clothing/Accessories: Inyo wears loose slacks, a pair of boots that go up to his knees, and a black vest. The vest has a fur-covered hood, again adding to the allusion of a mane and that of a lion. He covers his neck in a read bandana. A pair of goggles or a head band, or some kind of accessory generally holds back his dreads. Last, a pair of black leather and white cloth gloves cover his hands and forearms.
Personality:
  • General: Inyo is an extremely crass, egotistical, and prideful character. For a smaller Leo, he tends to talk larger than his predecessors and view himself as far greater than he is. This in part because he has an inferiority complex, coming from a house of legendary men and heroes. Never one to back down from a fight, he is easily manipulated by his need to be "brave" and show no fear.
  • Hopes/Dreams: Inyo hopes to create a greater legacy than his predecessors, and become the best Leo there ever was. To him, being the champion of Leo is the greatest purpose in his life, but also the greatest fear because greater man had walked the path before him.
  • Fears: Inyo fears he will not be a good champion of Leo, and will not surpass his predecessors.
  • Combat Mentality: Aggressive. A natural hunter, Inyo likes to use fast-paced head on assaults from the get-go to take down his opponents. When obstacles arise, he prefers to use brute strength to force himself through.

Battle Information Village: Lightning Country

Stats: (Trainings 0/50)
  • Ninjutsu: 1
  • Taijutsu: 15
  • Genjutsu: 1
  • Stamina: 10 (15-5)
  • Control: 1
  • Strength: 15
  • Speed: 20
  • Instinct: 12
Equipment:
Cosmic Legend - The Sword of Leo
The Sword of Leo is a mythical and legendary weapon said to be forged from the cosmic dust of the stars that make up the constellation Leo. It features a large silver handle, almost a foot long in length, with an ornate and large 7 inch guard that resembles a lion with a flowing mane. It's blade is like a massive katana blade that measures just about 3 feet long. The blade is truly magnificent, it's 1.5 inch width seemingly lacking any depth, as if it was as thin as paper. The blade has a white center and it's edges glow with a myriad of colors, like the cosmos. What makes this sword truly unique is it does not exist in the world, and instead, when the user and only the user wishes to use it is summoned. Essentially, the blade can be toggled on and off. The energy based blade rotates and pulses constantly, making the sword a chainsaw of sorts. It passively cuts and pushes through whatever it touches with [20] strength.

Beyond the blade, the sword is bound to an ancient living entity. The spirit of Leo. While rumoured only those of Shishi blood can perform the oath and summon the spirit, when chakra (C-Rank level) and contacts it's hilt, the Spirit of Leo is summoned. Essentially the sword is also a gateway for the spirit.
Companions: (1/1) The Spirit of Leo
Affinity: Katon
Abilities and Concentrations
Abilities
Lion's Presence
2 Ability Slot
Inyo's body naturally emits chakra-infused pheromones into the immediate area. Like that of an Alpha in the animal kingdom or the king of beasts itself, his presence effects those nearby causing them to suffer performance abilities in their best skill. Anyone within [Stamina] x 2 Meters to lose -7 to one stat in either Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Taijutsu. Whichever of the three is highest will be effected. As a result of the chakra lost in order to from his body infusing his pheromones with Chakra, Inyo suffers a permanent -5 Stamina debuff. The pheromones also have an additionally ability in that they cause a chemical reaction in the brain that brings about "performance issues", causing those within the same range to lose access to 1 of their Ninjutsu/Genjutsu-based abilities, at the users choice. This ability isn't physically removed, but rather the user is unable to use it temporarily. Companion abilities for pets physically present/summons and Body Mods cannot be effected by this ability, as such users must choose from their remaining abilities.
Concentrations
NinjutsuN/A
Taijutsu
Close Quarters Combat:
The fundamental skill of [Close Quarters Combat] indicates the user's proficiently to efficiently utilize martial arts and advanced combat moves involving the body for example but not limited to, adv kicks, grapples, adv punches, etc.
Acrobatics:
The fundamental skill of [Acrobatics] includes the user’s ability to contort their body into unfamiliar positions in order to avoid attacks, as well as the user’s ability to fall safely and perform Ukemi and other feats of gymnastics. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Sword Weapons:
The fundamental skill of [Sword Weapons] indicates the user’s proficiency with swords and sword-like weapons such as knives, daggers, sword-breakers and the like. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Shields and Armor:
The fundamental skill of [Shield & Armor] indicates the user’s proficiency with shields and other pieces of armor. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
GenjutsuN/A

Jutsu
Basic ManeuversShow
[color=#777][b]Skillful Wield[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Discipline Taijutsu[/i]
With a solid foundation of knowledge on their choice of weaponry, those with the Skillful Wield technique are able to utilize their weapon more fully. By knowing the weapon's weakest points, the user is able to avoid presenting these areas to damage during combat, thus making their weapon less likely to break by means of recklessness.

[color=#777][b]Seamless Skill[/b][/color]
A skill utilized by those on the path to mastery of their weapon, users of Seamless Skill are actively able to transition between offensive and defensive usage of the aforementioned weapon. By transitioning so seamlessly, the user is able to save a marginal amount of energy while attacking.

[color=#777][b]Wild Instincts[/b][/color]
Like a lion, Inyo's senses are in tune with his surroundings to the point that sudden sounds or anything unusual will draw at least a small portion of his attention- like a twig breaking or leaves rustling. This makes it less easy to surprise him.

[color=#777][b]Air Superiority[/b][/color]
Req: [Acrobatics]
Inyo is able to contort, and otherwise control his body while under abnormal situations. Namely being able to use his momentum to better dodge mid-air, and allowing great feats of taijutsu that normally require ones feet planted firmly on the ground.

[color=#777][b]Acrobatics[/b][/color]
Req: [Acrobatics]
With intensive training on finding ones core and inner stability, those with the Well-Balanced skill find it incredibly hard to fall by accident. Whether balancing on a high-wire, the tip of a weapon, being pushed over, or otherwise hard to balance situations, it will take much more than normal to knock them off their feet.

[color=#777][b]Cat's Landing[/b][/color]
Prerequisite: [Acrobatics]
Inyo has trained to leap from high heights and take it in stride to the point of it becoming second-nature. This can completely negate damage from a height of ([Taijutsu] x 2) meters. Anything more is up to the situation.

[color=#777][b]Defensive Leap[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu[/i]
Prerequisite: [Acrobatics]
Inyo has spent a considerable amount of time mastering his bodies speed and strength, as-well the timing and precision so that he may seamlessly over-leap strikes aimed at his legs, while also maintaining the flexibility to adjust and defend himself while airbourne.

[color=#777][b]Follow-through[/b][/color]
Prerequisite: [Sword Weapons]
A move meant to tax the space an opponent unintentionally makes while withdrawing their weapon or limb from a parry. As the opponent pulls back, usually from a bind, Inyo follows it with his sword, shield, or limb, etc in effect causing the opponent to pull his strike into themselves. This simple move is surprisingly powerful at catching opponents off guard, and in the case of those parrying with weapons, often can cause them to drop their weapon or lose control of it temporarily.

[color=#777][b]Slipping Parry[/b][/color]
Prerequisite: [Sword Weapons]
Inyo utilizes the differences in blades, materials, and angles to offensively take over a parry. Starting from a bind/parry position, Inyo rotates and slides his weapon's blade downward while applying forward force. At the same time, he rotates his shoulders and upper arms to push the opponents blade up and away with this power, and upon hitting the hilt of the blade, rotates their blade and pulls away slightly. Performed in one fluid motion, this allows him to slip past the hilt and slash at the hand. This technique is generally effective against staves, axes, katana, or weapons with small-hilts, however loses more effectiveness against blades with large hilts, unless it can cut through the hilt...

[color=#777][b]Bi-sidual[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Discipline Taijutsu[/i]
Prerequisite: [Close Quaters Combat]
Inyo has spent considerable time training both sides of his body to be used in tandem to the utmost of their capabilities. In short, this means he is capable of using both sides of his body as if they were his dominant side, in short ambidextrous but not limited to just his hands but his legs and general locomotion.

[color=#777][b]Pounce[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu[/i]
Inyo will rush forward and leap towards his opponent, throwing his full weight at them in a tackle/pounce. If they are off-kilter this is especially effective. If successful, he'll use his the force of his action to knock the opponent to the ground then position himself on top of them to finish the with a strike from a blade or weapon.

[color=#777][b]Pride of the Pride[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Stance Taijutsu[/i]
Inyo will make use of the bodies natural counterweights to step heavily into his hits, slightly launching himself forward with each strike, weather slamming something away with a shield or slashing with his sword. From this stance, he is able to raise the sheer power of his movements. While not providing an actual stat bonus, in battles of evenly matched or closely matched strengths, this can give Inyo the winning edge or allow him to be on par.
The Way of the PrideShow
A fierce clan of warriors with the utmost military training, all Shishi are schooled in the way of combat, learning the same maneuvers and tactics to insure an overwhelming cohesion on the field in battle.
The Lion | TankShow
While not all Shishi prefer thick armor and massive shields, all Shishi are trained to use their shield and armor with maximum efficiency so that when on the front-line of battle they can not only hold their position, but push the opponent back with finessed usage of their tools of war. Requires:[Shield & Armor], [Swords], and [Close Quarters Combat]

[color=antiquewhite][b]Angled Approach[/b][/color]
Inyo moves his shield, and when necessary his armored body, at angles that accentuate the curves of the equipment. This limits the incoming damage to the equipment and increases the successful block chance, for example the curves can cause straight on attacks to "slip" and graze rather than puncture. This allows a Shishi to get the absolute most out of the durability of their equipment, and also prevent themselves from unnecessary harm.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Shield Uppercut[/b][/color]
Starting from a low position, Inyo pushes himself upwards with his legs and rotates his core to create a high amount of torque while simultaneously moving his shield up towards an opponents chin or chest. This punch delivers a high amount of force capable of knocking people equal to his strength or less off their feet. For opponents weaker than Inyo, for every point of strength he has over them they are sent flying 1/2 meter into the air. Those weaker than him can also have their teeth and jaw broken by this extremely volatile strike.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Member of the Pride[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Stance Taijutsu[/i]
By planting their feet firmly and squarely, the Shishi lowers the stance minimizing their body's target area, then holds their shield firmly before them, increasing their defensive posture. Though slower (-5 Speed), the Shishi gains more power in this form, increasing their strength (+5 Strength) and fortitude, making it hard to knock them over, push them back, or break them. From the side of their shield they can use their weapon to attack those before them- making it the fundamental move of the famous Shishi Shield Wall.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Counter-Attack[/b][/color]
When an opponent swings at Inyo he will move his shield, or when necessary his arm, to intercept the blow in an upward, back-handed sweeping motion. This fluid motion allows him to intercept the attack and push the incoming weapon or limb up and away, forcing the opponent to extend past their shoulder into an extremely unstable position thus creating a large opening. Generally this can knock people off balance and even cause weaker opponents to drop their weapon. The true dangerous part of this technique however is during the opening, Inyo can then strike with his free hand to finish an opponent.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Shield Chuck[/b][/color]
The Front-Line Shishi is to never abandon their shield- however there are moments when necessary. Given a shields relatively hefty weight and sharp-edges, this can turn a shield into a very good throwing weapon, especially effective at close-range or when attacking infrastructure. Planting their feet and pivoting their body, the Shishi will use their built up torque to chuck their shield at full strength at an opponent. When landed this can in most cases shock an opponent and knock the air out of them, and in best cases where the Shishi posses equal or greater strength crush ribs. Critical aiming can allow the technique to even remove heads.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Make-Shift Shield[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Discipline Taijutsu[/i]
A shield is a necessary piece of equipment for front-line Shishi. As such, in times when a shield is not available, the Shishi is adept at adapting nearby objects to shields and holding them correctly, giving near-shield-like efficiency. With this discipline, these objects can be used in shield-based jutsu. This can be broken boards, stone, or even pieces of steel or concrete pulled from collapsed buildings or rubble.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Indomitable Pride[/b][/color]
When a Shishi on the front-line faces a stronger opponent, there is but one task: survive and hold. As such, the Shishi will forgo their weapon, sheathing it and instead using both hands to hold their shield. When defending, they always push up in and angled move, using their strength behind the shield to knock their opponents attacks back as they come. In this state, the Shishi can defend against strikes from physically stronger opponents (Up to 3 Point difference.)

[color=antiquewhite][b]Shield Slam[/b][/color]
Due to Inyo being weaker than other Shishi, he had to find ways to generate more power. From a running start, Inyo will raise his shield to his shoulder and put his body behind it before leaping and throwing himself into an opponent. This uses his speed and sheer momentum coupled with his weight and that of a shield to smash into his opponent with incredible force, at [(Speed + Strength)/2)] strength. If he connects, to most this can knock the wind out of them and knock them off their feet, causing a good blow. If he is stronger than the target by at least 5 strength, this creates many fractures throughout the frame of the target (relative to the point of impact). If the target attempts to move past 2/3rds their speed, these fractures will fully break, crippling them. If the target has 5 or less strength than Inyo, it can break their ribs and puncture their lungs with ease. The risk however comes that in, if Inyo misses, it means that his opponent can counter-attack a lot easier.

History
Historical AccountsShow
The Shishi family is an ancient nomadic family that existed for centuries roaming the rocky highlands and fertile valleys between Rock and Lightning Country. Extremely early historical records even indicate the Shishi was one of the original families that fought spirits far before the time of shinobi. They are known for producing exceptional artifacts and equally exceptional defensive warriors, clad in armor and trained to fight behind indomitable shields. Legend even speaks of a cosmic material, born of an comet that struck a valley in the Lightning Country which eventually became the permanent home of the Shishi. Post-nomadism the family fed warriors to many of the countries around their home, including Rock, Snow, Lightning, and Pebble country. Their warriors often serving as paid guards or various other defensive details. With each generation, the family had one specific warrior who was above the rest, The Lion. The Lion's inherited gift allowed him or her to fight even the most skilled shinobi or samurai on equal footing. Generally, the first born of the first born in each generation of the Shishi family is passed an ancient sword which binds the wielder with an ancient spirit- referred to as Leo, who once empathized with the humans and offered them protection from the other spirits. The inheritor of this bond is bestowed with mighty powers, far beyond normal man, and an incredible sword.

That having been said, Inyo is not the first born, but he is The Lion. He was born second to the 23rd Lion, Shishi Taro. Taro was an extraordinarily large man and a giant in life. He had helped rebuild villages after disasters, defend countries, and even fought against foreign shinobi. Even the second son of a lion was an honorable existence, and Inyo had nothing but respect for his father.

Childhood for Shishi is strict, and as the son of the lion, it was only stricter. He grew up within the Shishi castle, which was built to hide a village, underground network, and the cosmic material that birthed The Lion himself. All young men born into the family trained from the moment they could walk in politics, strategy, and battle. Their bodies and minds were hardened to be military elite. This was particularly tough for Inyo because he was one of the smallest members ever born into his family and carried a free-spirit and lazy attitude. Due to his small stature, the other children had quite the advantage in in close-combat and he often finished last, much to his father's disappointment. Still, his older brother Yofumi held the spotlight and allowed him to get by without too much shame.

At the age of 13 he took the Test of Pride. By 13 he was still far smaller than the other boys of the family- or clan and expectations were low. Inyo however was no fool. In truth, Inyo was clever and he had trained every day for months... But unlike most in the clan he did not train his strength or power. He had trained his speed and mind. The young lion used this speed to his advantage and overwhelmingly was able to surprise his opponents in the tournament, placing second in his year.

HIs brother and father were shocked, pleasantly so. Despite his size he had proved to have the heart and cunning of a Lion. This earned him the moniker Highborne Cub.

That said, Inyo's elder sibling, Shishi Yofumi was perhaps the most talented swords men in three generations of Shishi. Without a doubt, it was certain that Taro would retire and hand his blade to Yofumi and he did. With Taro far past his prime, Yofumi stepped up to lead the family and be the Lion... however unfortunately two years later Yofumi died at the battle of the steppes. Yofumi defended a small village against a very large and dangerous group of Missing Ninja, likely an S-Rank threat. Though Yofumi successfully thwarted the attack, he ultimately succumbed to his wounds and died. A short-lived lion, Yofumi was a true hero and brought honor to the clan.

Inyo's uncle, Asuba was furious at the death of Yofumi, and urged the council and others to make him the next Lion. However, the council handed the title back to Taro, fearing Asuba's external facing foreign policy would be far too much for the Shishi to handle.

This however made a peculiar situation. Taro was well into his fifties... and his ailing body was not fit to be the Lion anymore. Yet, the younger generation was not ready, most still children. After much consideration the clan and Taro agreed to pass it to his second son- something not heard of before. With that, Inyo became the Lion. Due to his rather young age, Inyo often trained alongside his father, his father acting as his military advisor and still retaining many of the clerical positions that were included with being the Lion. Wisdom came with age, after all.
Last edited by Taiga on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:47 am, edited 8 times in total.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 am

PLease IgnoreShow
Username: Jesse
Owner: Shishi, Inyo
Stat Trainings: (0/25)
Leo
The Cosmic Spirit

General Information
Type: Multi-Form Summon
Appearance: A giant Lion, standing at 4 meters tall, formed of cosmic, rainbow colored light. Leo can take multiple forms, and also takes the form of armor around his summoner at times. For Inyo, this armor is an innate silver armor covering his body.
Personality: Leo is a very old spirit that had once walked the earth among genma and other spirits when Spirits ruled the earth and enslaved humanity. A naturally noble and kind spirit, Leo empathized with the humans and felt sorry for them. He used his power to create a safe haven and protect them. His altruism is very strong to the point where upon dying, his final gift was to seal his remaining power into a sword that would allow a single champion to continue to summon him and call on him as-needed.
  • General:
  • Hopes/Dreams: Spirit and Human Co-existence
  • Fears: The Genma- they killed other spirits and were horrible rulers at one point.
  • Combat Mentality: Leo is very noble and often prioritizes protecting others before going for kills.
Battle Information Rank: D-Rank
Stats
Lion Form
  • Ninjutsu: 3
  • Taijutsu: 3
  • Stamina: 5
  • Control: 3
  • Strength: 3
  • Speed: 3
  • Instinct: 3
Armor Form
  • Ninjutsu: 5
  • Taijutsu: 1
  • Stamina: 5
  • Control: 3
  • Strength: 5
  • Speed: 1
  • Instinct: 3
Equipment: None
Elemental Affinities: None
Abilities and Concentrations
Abilities
[Cosmic Body]
Leo is formed of cosmic energy. Cosmic energy is a hard-light. It is energy, but carries a hard physical substance. Cosmic energy's passive strength is it's ability to ignore neutralize elements and convert them to pure chakra. For example, a fire ball that hits cosmic energy defensively is treated like ninpou- as if a ball of raw chakra was thrown at it. Leo's body is made of this energy and he is able to shape his body and form around it.
Concentrations
NinjutsuN/A
TaijutsuN/A
GenjutsuN/A

Jutsu
NinjutsuShow
Cosmic Blast
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling cosmic energy into his body, Leo releases a 1-foot diameter beam of cosmic energy from his mouth, up to 15 meters away at a speed of 5 and strength of 5. This beam is capable of turning D-Rank elemental jutsu into Ninpou.

Cosmic Pulse
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling cosmic energy into his body, Leo releases a 1-foot diameter pulse of cosmic energy pushing outward from his body in a 5-meter radius for a brief moment. The energy pushes out at a speed and strength of 5, pushing back anything the wave contacts.

History Leo is an age old spirit that crossed over to our world during the great cataclsym. At first Leo served the Genma who ruled over humanity and the world, but slowly began to carry great disdain for their lack of honor. A noble being, it pained him to see how they treated the humans- and could emphasise given his treatment as a lesser spirit. As time went on, Leo came to love his human servants as if they were his own cubs. Treating them very kindly, he helped empower humans and teach them how to fight the spirits, hoping that they would be able to remove the Genma from their reign and create a world instead where spirits and man could peacefully co-exist.

Within the caverns of what is now today's Pebble Country, Leo raised many humans and guarded them for generations, but as his power wained ultimately gave his life to create a weapon for the humans- a weapon that sealed his spirit in it, immortalizing him within a blade but binding him to forever serve the human who wielded it, as their tool to fight the spirits. Since then, generations of Shishi men have wielded the sword and become the Lion- partnered with Leo.
Last edited by Taiga on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kao

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Kao » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:18 am

I'm going to c/p most of Sanj's check from the last time because this is basically just a repost of the app.

•Your companion's Username: should have an actual link, not the [me] tag, since reflects the user rather than the poster, and it'd be reposted using someone else's account and not your own.

• The companion needs to be registered as its own app.

• Your ability's range is way too long and has zero counterplay. There needs to be some method of counterplay since at the moment it's literally anyone within range is affected and can do nothing about it, which is way too strong. Working in some form of counter play for the aura through a stat battle or simple tying it to jutsu that function akin to an AoE debuff and reducing the range would help that part significantly.

• Hard no at removing abilities.

• Your stats say 0/50

• Acrobatics description just says "Acrobatics"
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 am

I'll split it into it's own thread later then, understood. Everyone just skip checking it.
---
Range is comptley fine. Jutsu have bigger ranges than that end-game, people can close and engage that distance in the drop of a hat at end-game.

@counterplay-> It's a debuff? If you want to counterplay, you stay out of the relatively short end-game ranged, as discussed. It's completely legitimate.

That's fantastic for your hard no. Care to shed some reason? EMP, for example, could outright disable any chakra related ability out the gate- including bloodlines just be fudging up a tenketsu etc. There's plenty of ability via even just jutsu to do stuff like this, so?

I added clarification, since it might not be clear, abilities aren't permanently removed. They're just nullified while within the zone.

Kao

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Kao » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 pm

This is not the same as EMP. Yours is removing any ability. EMP cancels specifically chakra-related jutsu and abilities in a set area for a set amount of time. If someone only has companion master with henchmen or pets, how would that work? Would their companions just have to run away or something? Or if they have a body mod, ele body, or puppet body?

I'll let another mod comment on the range, but cancelling any ability within potentially 500 meters is too big of a range.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 am

Uh, the effected can choose the ability though, which surely means something?

Oh- typo for sure my bad. It should not be 500 meters.

Kao

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Kao » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am

Yes, I understand they can choose the ability. But what I'm asking is, what if the person only has something like Companion Master as an ability? Or only puppet body, or ele body? Or if they have a body mod or a tail or something. How will your ability work in cases like that?
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Kao:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am
Yes, I understand they can choose the ability. But what I'm asking is, what if the person only has something like Companion Master as an ability? Or only puppet body, or ele body? Or if they have a body mod or a tail or something. How will your ability work in cases like that?
Ability isn't erased, they just cannot use it.

So a body mod tail, for example, the tail would go limp. THey wouldn't be able to use it. Or for example super senses, would shut down. An Ele body, they still are an ele body, but they can't use the regeneration size shifting etc. It'd be like they have a normal body again etc.

I don't think its as problematic as it seems. I can word that in a way that better illustrates the above if needed. Maybe giving an example in the ability would help.

Kao

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Kao » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 pm

That doesn't address companion master or any non-physical abilities. Is this only affecting physical abilities? If so, please edit that in
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:01 am

I will think about something with that. I don't mind if it doesn't effect companion abilities.

Does the user even need to have to choose, though? I don't know what's required on that bit. Cause then they could just choose the non-effected ability which is kind of silly.

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Director » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Quote:
Inyo's body naturally emits chakra-infused pheromones into the immediate area. Like that of an Alpha in the animal kingdom or the king of beasts itself, his presence effects those nearby causing them to suffer performance abilities in their best skill. Anyone within [Stamina] x 2 Meters to lose -7 to one stat in either Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Taijutsu. Whichever of the three is highest will be effected. As a result of the chakra lost in order to from his body infusing his pheromones with Chakra, Inyo suffers a permanent -5 Stamina debuff. The pheromones also have an additionally ability in that they cause a chemical reaction in the brain that brings about "performance issues", causing those within the same range to lose access to 1 of their abilities, at the users choice. This ability isn't physically removed, but rather the user is unable to use it temporarily.
I believe this is quite the range to debuff somebody, it also puts them auto out of range for most jutsu unless they're gonna lob S(40)s-S(50)s at you. May need to debuff it to stamina stat outright without the x2. (Taking 45 stamina into consideration).
Quote:
Air Superiority
D-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Inyo is able to contort, and otherwise control his body while under abnormal situations. Namely being able to use his momentum to better dodge mid-air, and allowing great feats of taijutsu that normally require ones feet planted firmly on the ground.

Acrobatics
With intensive training on finding ones core and inner stability, those with the Well-Balanced skill find it incredibly hard to fall by accident. Whether balancing on a high-wire, the tip of a weapon, being pushed over, or otherwise hard to balance situations, it will take much more than normal to knock them off their feet.
Probably should mention these need Acrobatics conc.
Quote:
Pounce
C-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Inyo will rush forward and leap towards his opponent, throwing his full weight at them in a tackle/pounce. If they are off-kilter this is especially effective. If successful, he'll use his the force of his action to knock the opponent to the ground then position himself on top of them to finish the with a strike from a blade or weapon.

Shield Uppercut
Starting from a low position, Inyo pushes himself upwards with his legs and rotates his core to create a high amount of torque while simultaneously moving his shield up towards an opponents chin or chest. This punch delivers a high amount of force capable of knocking people equal to his strength or less off their feet. For opponents weaker than Inyo, for every point of strength he has over them they are sent flying 1/2 meter into the air. Those weaker than him can also have their teeth and jaw broken by this extremely volatile strike.
These are a maneuver.
Quote:
Indomitable Pride
C-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu
When a Shishi on the front-line faces a stronger opponent, there is but one task: survive and hold. As such, the Shishi will forgo their weapon, sheathing it and instead using both hands to hold their shield. When defending, they always push up in and angled move, using their strength behind the shield to knock their opponents attacks back as they come. In this state, the Shishi can defend against strikes from physically stronger opponents (Up to 3 Point difference.)
This is a stance, and I'd advise to just make it a strength buff at the cost of speed. You'd get a +6 strength and a -6 speed or etc whichever stat you wanna debuff. So you'd technically get more of a strength resistance against other people.
Quote:
Shield Slam
C-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Due to Inyo being weaker than other Shishi, he had to find ways to generate more power. From a running start, Inyo will raise his shield to his shoulder and put his body behind it before leaping and throwing himself into an opponent. This uses his speed and sheer momentum coupled with his weight and that of a shield to smash into his opponent with incredible force, at [(Speed + Strength)/2)] strength. If he connects, to most this can knock the wind out of them and knock them off their feet, causing a good blow. If he is stronger than the target by at least 5 strength, this creates many fractures throughout the frame of the target (relative to the point of impact). If the target attempts to move past 2/3rds their speed, these fractures will fully break, crippling them. If the target has 10 or less strength than Hayate, it can break their ribs and puncture their lungs with ease. The risk however comes that in, if Inyo misses, it means that his opponent can counter-attack a lot easier.
Nice copy pasta nerd.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 am

Hayate doesn't use Shields, so think again nerd ;D Slip of the mind. BTW, buffed it cause slamming a shield into someones ribs with even 5 stength should break shit'

Imdom Pride-> Its a maneuver. It is actively done, like pushing up when a blow comes. It's a shield parry.

I believe this is quite the range to debuff somebody, it also puts them auto out of range for most jutsu unless they're gonna lob S(40)s-S(50)s at you. May need to debuff it to stamina stat outright without the x2. (Taking 45 stamina into consideration). <-

You're joking right? Even if he has 50 stamina, an end-game state range, that's 100 meters. You do not need S(40)s and S(50) to do that. Hell, bows can do that earlier. Your kunai throw can at like ranks. At high speeds you can do that in seconds.

It's a perfectly reasonable end-game range.

Takumi

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Takumi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:55 am

Regarding every shield ability that breaks bones, the bone breaker style has a +5 strength requirement to break bones, I think these should too.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:50 am

The one move outright breaking bones is a 5 strength check. Bonebreaker is also horribly underpowered/over nerfed. Breaking bones, especially with a weapon, like a bat or something, requires for less physically than what a 5 point jump would be- and again on that topic bone breaker is breaking peoples bones with punches. He's slamming shields into people. Actually, slamming a shield into a throat would probably kill someone...

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Director » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Indom Pride read like a stance at first. Sounds good if its a maneuver just make sure to clear up any foggy wording.

I'm fine with the range after a bit of sleep, may have came off too egregious on it.

1/2

Be sure to remove the companion please.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:11 pm

How does this ability work in regards to Companion master? Do all of your companions for that slot just go brain dead and can't function?

Genma or other Jinchuuriki? Does it prevent them?

Body Mods?
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:11 pm

So it doesn't physically remove, you just can't use so yeah. Body mods etc should be kosher.

Also, again, it can be chosen... which I think is pretty fair since a host for example could give up another ability instead...

A companion ability is an ability to 'control" and manage them effectively no?

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Companion abilities are a way to increase your companion slot, some can be flavored as 'controlling' their companions but not all. So it wouldn't work on Companion abilities.

And what if a host has only one ability, the Genma?
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 am

@Genma. Then they can't use their forms. How is Shizumeru any less of a detriment? You can do a jutsu shizumeru barrier that shuts down hosts ability...

I can say does not work on traditional companions (Pets/Summons)

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Shizumeru is a concentration of 'Other' jutsu that is entirely focused on shutting down spirits and jinches. So you get an entire style for FREE as is.

No, it just won't work on companion abilities.

I'm willing to compromise on nin/gen-based abilities similar to how Denjiton works but you're not getting a shut down on EVERY ability.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 am

What about swarms which rely on Sync though? Surely that could be shut down?

Pets/Summons are unaffected roger. Fine with that.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:24 pm

I'm trying to think of other ways that we control swarms besides through chakra but I'm drawing a blank so I would say yes to swarms. They'd disperse until x leaves range.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Added a clause, how is that then?

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Only thing I'd like changed in the ability is "causing those within the same range to lose access to 1 of their abilities," -> causing those within the same range to lose access to 1 of their Ninjutsu/Genjutsu-based abilities,"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:20 am

Why would it not be able to stop a body mod? I feel like a tail or something could be stopped or just be limp

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Because body modifications are usually some sort of mechanical alteration to a body. Implanting an eye that allows heat vision because it is designed off of the pit glands of a viper, a tail that can be moved like another limb is going to be hardwired into both their chakra and nervous systems, etc.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Fine fair enough.

As for the effects only one rule, is it fair to say if you have 3 abilities, and one is a body mod, the selections narrow down to the other two abilities present?

Curious on the best way to handle that.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:00 pm

I'd say that's fair
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 am

Clarified that point then. Hope it's all good'

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:42 pm

Lion's Presence
2 Ability Slot
Inyo's body naturally emits chakra-infused pheromones into the immediate area. Like that of an Alpha in the animal kingdom or the king of beasts itself, his presence effects those nearby causing them to suffer performance abilities in their best skill. Anyone within [Stamina] x 2 Meters to lose -7 to one stat in either Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Taijutsu. Whichever of the three is highest will be effected. As a result of the chakra lost in order to from his body infusing his pheromones with Chakra, Inyo suffers a permanent -5 Stamina debuff. The pheromones also have an additionally ability in that they cause a chemical reaction in the brain that brings about "performance issues", causing those within the same range to lose access to 1 of their abilities, at the users choice. This ability isn't physically removed, but rather the user is unable to use it temporarily. Companion abilities for pets physically present/summons cannot be effected by this ability, as such users must choose from their remaining abilities.

to

Lion's Presence
2 Ability Slot
Inyo's body naturally emits chakra-infused pheromones into the immediate area. Like that of an Alpha in the animal kingdom or the king of beasts itself, his presence effects those nearby causing them to suffer performance abilities in their best skill. Anyone within [Stamina] x 2 Meters to lose -7 to one stat in either Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Taijutsu. Whichever of the three is highest will be effected. As a result of the chakra lost in order to from his body infusing his pheromones with Chakra, Inyo suffers a permanent -5 Stamina debuff. The pheromones also have an additionally ability in that they cause a chemical reaction in the brain that brings about "performance issues", causing those within the same range to lose access to 1 of their Ninjutsu/Genjutsu-based abilities, at the users choice. This ability isn't physically removed, but rather the user is unable to use it temporarily. Companion abilities for pets physically present/summons and Body Mods cannot be effected by this ability, as such users must choose from their remaining abilities.

Then we're all set
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Taiga » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am

Fixed! Sorry for the miss- yeah I think its reasonable.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Shishi, Inyo

Post by Niro » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:23 pm

1/2
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam