[Closed] Library Madness

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:31 am

Learn Something
Souta had been in the library all morning and even through lunch. Early on he'd picked out a table for himself that was now covered in various books and scrolls, most of which had hardly been of any help at all. The book his hands now he couldn't help but to frown at. Though it's title of "Grand Spirits & the Genma" had seemed promising, it now seemed like little more than a fairy tale with no actual facts in it. Souta couldn't help himself as he flung it to the pile on the desk and groaned, resting his head against his hand a moment.

Pinching his nose in annoyance he stared at the pile of books and merely shook his head. "No wonder no one seems to know anything..." he muttered to himself. "There's just nothing..."

"Thank god I don't have to do the boring book work." Rokuro seemed to practically appear at Souta's side, arms crossed as he eyed the pile of books Souta had already gone through. The man had donned a cloak for the day, covering his normally bare torso as well as the hellish appearance his old accident had given him.

"Don't make me give you homework, Rok." Souta muttered, shaking his head.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:44 am

Kiyori had noticed Souta in her library early this morning, but the business of her day kept her from so much as a brief hello until later in the afternoon. Much to her surprise, he was still there at that time... how curious. Whatever he was researching must have been of great importance for him to spend the entire morning researching it. When she finally had a moment's peace, she broke from her work and left her office, rushing down the spiral staircase down the hall from her office to the ground floor to catch Souta at his table. As soon as she approached him however, she understood the gravity of his research... the Genma. "That's some topic of interest you've chosen Souta... And you...

She frumped at Rokurou as she recognized the masked man, glaring deep into his eyes. "This is a library. I'll ask you to watch your tongue, Rokurou. There are children present, and i'd rather not have to throw you out for your rudeness." Kiyori looked at the various books and scrolls that laid on the desk and frumped slightly. "...Yeah... You're not going to find what you're looking for here on the ground floor. We don't keep those records for public access... You should follow me." Kiyori would motion for Souta to rise from his table and follow her... but where?
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:52 am

Souta sighed and looked up at Kiyori from his chair, honestly almost relieved at the sight of her. As she addressed Rokuro though he chose to interrupt before the other man could respond. "I assume Kaede is watching Sakaki." he said, pushing himself up from his chair to stand and giving Rokuro a significant look. "Why don't you go join her, or train. Unless you want me to give you homework of course."

Rokuro's eyes narrowed at the sight of Kiyori, but his glare was quickly affixed to Souta instead before he gave a mocking bow and left the library quietly.

Souta sighed and shook his head. "Sorry about him, he's a little sour I'm afraid." he said, turning to follow her though her statement both made sense to him and puzzled him. "I guess I'm surprised I didn't know there were books on the Genma before... though I suppose I never really asked." He had almost told her how Rokuro had been so hurt and disfigured, but in the end decided against it, silently hoping that she didn't ask. He hated seeing her sad.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:59 am

The young Archivist would shrug as Rokurou gave his bows and goodbyes, looking back to Souta after the man left. "Nothing to be sorry about. I'm sure he has his reason's for being so cold... It's none of my business. I'm just not going to put up with it, that's all. Now then, you're here for information on... them..." Kiyori covered her language as she brought back the topic of the genma, tilting her head to motion for Souta to follow her as she walked towards the back end of the library where a single door lay, no windows or features of any kind. In fact, the door seemed entirely different from the typical appearance of the library; while most doors were wooden and carved with decoration, this was a flat, steel door. Removing a key from her ninja pouch, Kiyori would unlock the door with a metallic 'clank' before opening it to reveal a concrete staircase. Who knew how far down it went?

"I trust you. You're a Bannin, after all. Shut the door behind you." Kiyori would then lead the way down under the Scribe's Library... To the Vault. As they walked, Kiyori flicked a switch on the wall, igniting a hallway of overhead lightbulbs that revealed doors on either side of them. "This is the Vault, a sort of side project of the Scribes. The people who work here are specialized in information acquisition through... amoral methods. Espionage, Interrogation, you get the idea. But we also keep sensitive records down here, including detailed reports on the genma. Not just from our village, but from the others as well. After all, Sunagakure has some of the best records of spirits in general of any village, second maybe only to Iwa because Iwa is a few hundred years older than Suna. Either way, You should find more of what you want down here."

As she spoke, she continued to walk through the cold concrete hallway, more of a bunker than anything else, looking at small plaques on the walls as she passed to find the archive she sought. Eventually, the plaque "Archives: F-H" was seen on the wall, and Kiyori once more produced her key to unlock the door. "Here." As she opened the door, Souta would be met with a series of library shelves, all full of various books and scrolls and dossier on different subjects not fit for the eyes of the public. "It wasn't Hito's vision to have secrets but... these things really aren't fit for civilian eyes. Take a look around, you'll hopefully find what you're looking for."
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:11 am

"He was always one of the pretty ones, until a fight and an explosion left him disfigured. If you had met him before you actually would have liked the kid. But sadly some shinobi can't see past their own pain, especially not at his age. I keep hoping he'll soften up again eventually but so far no chance." Souta explained as he followed Kiyori, frowning as they came to the big metal door. He followed her through it, closing it behind himself as instructed and followed her down the stairs. "I've heard of the Vault." Souta remarked as they walked. "I just had no idea it involved a literal Vault." he added as they came to the area where he might finally be able to learn some real information on the genma and past hosts. Pausing in the area she showed him, he sighed heavily, hands in his pockets.

"I had to report to your lover not that long ago because of his leadership of this sect." he remarked, looking at Kiyori a moment as he wondered if she'd understand what he was saying. He couldn't say it outright, he couldn't be accused of pointing her in the right direction because that could be a violation of his orders. But a supposed slip up? Something that might make her realize her own lover had the answers she needed? That was forgiveable. Even Bannin had freudian slips after all.

Clearing his throat, Souta stepped into the area and started glancing at the items in question. "Any chance you want to help me dig?" he asked, chuckling a big. "I'm honestly trying to learn everything I can, I guess maybe start with past hosts before Sachiko... I don't even know..."

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 am

Kiyori nodded in understanding, know full well that Rokurou had some deep pain within him. Everything about the man's disposition said that, he was practically screaming in pain at a constant, though not literally of course. Still, Kiyori couldn't allow the man access down here, not without an order from higher ups... That and she still really didn't like him, reasons or no he was a rude little shit. "Mhmm. The vault is a recent addition, built in secret over the course of a couple weeks under the cover of library renovations. Few who aren't directly involved even know it exists." She was actually rather surprised at just how much Souta knew about the vault though...

Mostly that he knew Arata was in charge of it.

Souta was a freshly promoted bannin, how in the world did he know so much unless as he said, he was instructed to check in with Arata regarding something... and if that was true, what was that something? "You really know how to strike a girl's curiosity bone huh? What secrets could you have to give to Arata that I wasn't allowed to know? How intriguing... Anyways, the information you want. Of course i'll help you find it, I can't very well leave you alone down here after all. Even as a bannin, there are security measures that must be adhered to. Nothing leaves this room, if you want a transcription I can create one for you, omitting necessary details."

Kiyori directed Souta to a particular bookshelf, and in order of reference Souta would find ten different folders, each with a name on it; Genma, Janesisu. Genma, Shishire. Genma, Aturasu. Genma, Yoshimitsu. Genma, Vorashu. Genma, Nolosha. Genma, Sukaira. Genma, Konegu. Genma, Hyeonmu. and Genma, Hashoru. noticeably, all but the folders named "Shishire" and "Janesisu" were very thin, almost empty; likely they only contained basic information related to the beasts. The folders for "Aturasu" and "Sukaira" Were a little thicker, though not by much, as they were the genma in the containment of Konoha, their allies.

"This is all we have in regards to factual information on the genma of our world. What exactly are you looking to find?"
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:37 am

Souta chuckled and shrugged as Kiyori asked about the secrets he'd been forced to report to her lover. It was an awkward situation to be certain, but he hoped that her mention of her curiosity meant she'd ask Arata for herself, and get the answers she needed. He followed her as she motioned to the folders and he picked one up immediately labeled 'Vorashu' and opened it to see the rather lack of information. "Honestly I don't know what I'm looking for." he remarked as he flipped the one or two pages around in the folder before putting it back. "I'm a Bannin now, and in charge of both of our Genma hosts." he added, resting a hand against the folders of the two in question. The thickness of Shishire's folder saddened the man, it was near double of the other. 'The most deadly to hosts indeed...' he thought to himself, shaking his head.

"I feel like its time I become an authority on our genma, on any of them really. My change in approach is working for Sakaki, and I need to see why. I need to see if I can push that approach in the future too." He looked at Kiyori a moment, a rather sad look crossing his eyes as they shifted from blue to almost grey. "I need to make sure what happened with your sister never happens again." he said quietly, looking at Kiyori a moment.

"Speaking of... I hope you don't mind a personal question." He began, taking steps towards her. He leaned against a shelf and left only a foot or two between them. "I thought Henrin were supposed to be close knit with their families? Since I went looking for your sister I heard rumors that you haven't been in contact with yours much since..."

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Kiyori nodded in understanding while she grabbed a few of the folders herself, the ones named "Aturasu, Sukaira and Janesisu" specifically, walking over to a small metal table with two chairs and sitting down. She set down the folders and motioned for Souta to come with his findings and sit too, so they could peruse them together. She let Souta speak in his entirety about Sachiko's death and being an authority on the genma as a whole, choking back some sadness as the mention of her sister came up. "I feel that's a great idea Souta... the sadness of my sister should never be repeated. With you being charged with both genma hosts's well being now, the more information you have at your disposal the better. It's cliche to say, but knowledge really is power."

She stopped herself from pursuing the topic of her true interests; the fate of Sachiko's body. She still had no idea what went down on that mission, Akihito had refused to tell her and she hadn't had the time to ask Arata at all. But she would get to the bottom of it one way or another, of that she was convinced. Souta's sudden personal question earned a raised eyebrow from the Henrin, letting out a small sigh as she opened the folder for Aturasu, noting the name... Inuzuka, Masami. She had been in Suna recently by her understanding, a cultural envoy alongside Fanho; the Awai who taught her to use her powers of Hiton. She was also a friend of Aina's by her memory. She'd file that name away for later.

"Since Sachiko's death, yes. They're not rumors, they're fact." Kiyori grew cold as she spoke of the situation, a completely uncharacteristic numbness exuding from the usually emotional and bubbly girl. "It's hard enough having a flawless recollection of every conversation I ever had with her. Seeing my family only brings back those memories, and I can only put up with that pain for so long." She leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms, staring off into space as she tried to guard herself emotionally... again, a very out of character action for one who always wore their feelings on her metaphorical sleeves.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Souta picked up a few of the other files, including the think one labeled 'Shishire', and moved to the table as well. He sat across from Kiyori and fell quiet a moment as she spoke. He remained quiet for a few moments after, sighing to himself as he contemplated how to speak on the subject without simply angering the woman. "I can't imagine having a photographic memory." he admitted. "You wouldn't be able to see anything save for the exact situation in front of you. They say that when you grieve over someone, your mind makes the bad memories seem less bad, you see a better side of them that you didn't see before or perhaps didn't exist before. You remember clearly the way your family snubbed her for you, in the absolute detail you wish you could forget. And it angers you to no end."

He looked up from the files a moment and looked at Kiyori directly. "And you remember all the times you brushed her aside, told her later, told yourself there'd be time later. Times you felt annoyed or even crowded and now you wish you had savored those moments and shared a better memory with her." Souta cleared his throat and carefully reached out a hand over Kiyori's. "Do you know what your sister used to tell us? When she went off by herself, she knew we were watching and would talk to us. She would always say the same few words. "I still love her, you know." she'd tell us. I don't have a photographic memory, but that I remember vividly. She never held anything against you."

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Kiyori chuckled as Souta admitted his feelings about the Henrin clan's memory capabilities, shaking her head as a sort of strange smile formed. Not happy, not sad, but still somehow proud. "Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Every conversation we've ever had Souta, I could quote it back to you word for word. All those books upstairs are all collected in my brain, and even some of the files down here in our vault. Yes, it has an incredible wealth of uses... But it's a curse too. Every heartbreaking moment I've ever felt, every painful wound i've ever endured... every fear I've ever experienced. I remember it all, as if it just happened no more than 10 seconds ago. Sachiko's words... are among the most painful of my memories. And yes, of course it angers me..."

Souta continued speaking on the topic of Sachiko, a topic that she thought they had laid to rest already. She had accepted that he was sworn to secrecy on the matter, so why was he the one insistent on discussing matters further? A few tears filled her eyes as his words struck home, the bannin holding her own hand as she began to weep. "Why... do you insist on drawing forth this pain Souta? I... By the light, I don't know if i'm ready for this. But now you've opened that door, I can't exactly close it you know? I know she didn't hold anything against me, I've always known that. Beneath her hardened exterior she loved me and everyone else in our family. She was jealous of all the attention we all got... She wasn't planned and she knew it. She was the unlucky 13th child, left and forgotten, and she just wanted to be noticed. She didn't hold anything against me but dammit I do"

She covered her face and sniffled a few times, wiping away tears as she tried to compose herself. "All the files you wanted are here. If you can't tell me anything about my sister's fate, please just drop it Souta. I'm... not ready to face my family yet. I need closure before I can start to mend that fence... I'm sorry." She wasn't trying to be harsh on him, but she just couldn't stomach the direction of this conversation knowing that he knew something she didn't, something that he couldn't tell her. The uncertainty only made her anxiety and depression worse.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 pm

He watched tears fill her eyes, he watched her rant and even blame herself, but his hand he didn't remove from hers. Whenever she would try to pull it away, he'd suddenly turn his hand and snatch hers, holding it almost roughly as he looked at her. When she'd inevitably look up at him she'd realize there were tears in his own eyes as well. "I insist on it because you're not the only one who knows this pain, Kiyori!" he said, his voice suddenly rising. Clearing his throat he released her hand and got up, moving around the table to kneel in front of the woman. "I'm trying to get you to talk about it because you need to, because you don't need to go the same route I did!" he told her, his voice more level but the urgency was still there. His hands moved carefully, resting on her knees but clearly not as attempt to get fresh or anything of the sort.

"Do you know why they call me Norowareta? The full story?" he asked her quietly.

Regardless of her answer, he'd push forward with his words. "Her name was Hotaru, we were young, we were engaged, and we were planning our family." he told her quietly. "She died in my arms because of my own stupidity. I brought her home and delivered the news to her family myself. I cut them off even though they were desperate to know me in her memory. I hated myself, and I hated them, and I let that consume me. My recklessness continued and I was cursed with a transformation after another foolhardy mission. I kept at it though, I kept trying to die and I couldn't. My skill kept me alive when I didn't want to be, Kiyori. I lost any other chances I had for love or family because of it." He shook his head and stood, tears streaming down his own face. "Talk to them Kiyori, don't let your life die because your sister did."

In a silent promise to let it go from there, Souta turned and walked back around the table, sitting down heavily before he finally opened Shishire's file and began to flip through it quietly.

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Kiyori was ready to get back to the task at hand, eager to put the discomfort and pain of the situation behind her, but Souta had other plans and his own heart to bare it seemed. He had his own pain. She was honestly a little offended at first, a small bit of sand rising from her in retaliation to defend herself as for a split second she perceived the man's reaction as a threat. But she calmed down a second later, the sand returning to her body as Souta explained himself... and the story behind his nickname. Kiyori's heart began to ache too, not for herself but for his sake, as she was always the the empathetic one. "Souta, I can't imagine what that must have been like... having all of your future plans dashed, and no sense of release from your duties... But you're still here. You must have something left to finish."

Kiyori's other hand reached up for her necklace, gripping the flame of ruby tightly as she thought of her first love... Emi. "I have much to live for too... I also lost someone like that Hotaru. Her name was Emi, a Kouseki. She was my first romance, and she died in a training accident. I... Couldn't save her. This necklace is my permanent reminder, I wear it always... For Sachiko, for Emi, I live on. I know that I have to reconnect with my family Souta, I know that... but it's so hard. Everywhere I look all I see is Sachiko. Even going to the compound is painful, no matter where I look i'm filled with memories of Sachiko playing or walking or talking to me. It's... so hard..."

Tears began to well up once more, a soft blink sending them cascading down her cheeks. She tried to smile at the older man, the both of them now caught up in tears. "Alright, that's enough of all this pain and memories Souta. I have a mountain of stress on my shoulders as it is. Now, you met with the Body Genma personally yes? Shinjirou, from the tournament? Is there anything you can think of to add to his folder, regarding the genma itself?" As she spoke she rose to approach the shelf from before, grabbing the folder labeled 'Vorashu' and coming back to the table, setting it in front of Souta.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:12 am

Souta had no idea about Emi, that Kiyori had compounded losses to be haunted by with her photographic memory. In truth he was shocked the woman still sat before him. He took his seat across the table from her once more as he realized, were he in her shoes, he probably wouldn't still be here. To lose so much and still be standing was amazing to the man, and he did his best to do as she asked and let the subject drop. In truth, he wasn't sure what else he could say anyway. He was honestly glad when she asked him about the body genma from Kiri. The man sighed. "Karagata Shinjiro. Not a bad kid, violent as all hell though which seems to be par for the course with those guys." he remarked, wrinkling his nose up a bit as he thought it over. "He liked Hara though, seems to have a thing for animals and that seems to be related to the genma." he added, leaning forward over the table and suddenly wishing he had coffee of some kind.

"In the tourney he was able to transform into creatures fully or partially, saw it again at the arm wrestling. These transformation seem to boost his abilities as a tai fighter... honestly not someone I'd take head on. Traps and cunning would be of better use against him. Mid-range isn't enough as we saw at the tourney, he ripped that Kumo shinobi apart. Long range would probably be best." He groaned and shook his head. "Sorry, information gathering isn't really my forte..."

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:58 am

Wiping away the last of her tears, Kiyori opened a small drawer on her side of the desk and produced a piece of paper and a pen. While Souta began to explain his interactions with Shinjiro, Kiyori took a moment to call forth the image of Shinjiro in her mind, from when she had met him at that arm wrestling display. As she did that, she took the paper in front of her and, eyes closed, began to scribble all over it with incredible speed. Her ears were still tuned in to what Souta was saying, while her hands and mind were flying through what ended up as a portrait of the jinchuuriki, with his name in Kanji at the top. With a small breath she opened her eyes, looked at her work, and smiled as she showed it to Souta. It was a perfect artistic description of the teenage Kiri shinobi.

"That's what he looked like, right?" She wouldn't bother waiting for an answer, she of course knew that it was correct. She then took out another sheet of paper and began writing, word for word, everything that Souta had just said about the young jinchuuriki. Once she transcribed him word for word, she included her own little blurb at the end, summarizing what she felt to be important details. "Violent. Likes animals. Can transform into creatures. Increases physical prowess. Traps or mid-long range preferred... Is that about right?" She would then slide the paper over to Souta, with a line at the bottom of the paper clearly meant for his signature to sign off that she had in fact properly written down his account of Shinjiro.

"Don't worry, i'll be writing up my own later, since I bumped into him too. I actually liked him to be honest... He helped me to understand Kiri a little better, and his interaction with Yuuto showed me that even Kiri shinobi have compassion in certain areas. They're not savages hellbent on murder... not all of them anyway."
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:29 am

Souta didn't even nod, knowing Kiyori didn't need his input on whether or not the image she drew looked like Shinjiro. "Show off." was the playful response he gave instead, smirking a bit as he shook his head and sighed. He took the piece of paper she slid over and sighed it, passing it back over to her and sighing once more. "He may be violent but he's been through hell. I..." he hesitated a moment, glancing at Kiyori as he didn't want to bring the sensitive subject up again, but it pertained to the conversation. "I mentioned your sister during a conversation I had with him before that arm wrestling match up." he admitted. "There was a look... I think he's definitely lost siblings, the way he talked, carried himself. The violence is a mask for immense pain, he's dealing onto others what he's been dealt because that is the way his village has taught him to deal with his pain." Souta shook his head again, chewing on the inside of his lip briefly. "I'd bet everything I have that that is what his Genma tries to hold against him constantly. This Vorashu. Animalistic... it makes the most sense to me."

Souta crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair. "Sadly if we ever were put to war against Kiri, sparing most of their shinobi wouldn't be an option. Taking them captive just gives them a chance to kill more. The mindsets, the violence they survive in their own home... its sad but its true. If I faced Shinjiro in battle I'd have to treat him like a mad dog and put him down, no matter how badly I'd rather bargain with him or try to talk him down." It was more than a sobering thought, it was downright depressing to Souta. The idea of a wasted life and wasted talent, the man simply shook his head and leaned forward again, picking up another file to glance through. "I guess that's what Akihito meant though when he offered me the promotion... the choices I would have to make, and perhaps hate myself for."

TyDie

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by TyDie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:30 pm

Kiyori nodded and closed her eyes in thought as the man before her continued to expound upon his feelings and beliefs regarding the young jinchuuriki from Kiri, Karagata Shinjiro. Souta sympathized with him it seemed... and that was perfectly alright with Kiyori. But he also understood that, if push came to shove, he couldn't afford to hold back against the boy if it came to a fight. "Hmm... I got a very protective feel from him when he interacted with Yuuto too, so I think you're intuition has merit. For the sake of only providing facts in this dossier, i'll add it as a side note, but it is something worth noting. I want you to remember Souta, if ever a fight breaks out between us and Kiri, or us and anyone really... You have words. Be prepared to defend yourself, even if it means killing your opponent, but do not be afraid to use your words. In my experience, they can be quite powerful if properly applied."

She wasn't trying to tell him not to fight, if his life was on the line she expected him to fight for it, even at the cost of another's life. But she didn't want anyone to feel that that was their only option... she had to believe that some of their enemies could see reason. She had to believe there was still good in them, that not everyone wanted to fight. As she grabbed the papers and filed them all away within the Vorashu folder, she stood to put it back but paused as he mentioned his status as a bannin, and the responsibilities that it held. "Envy aside Souta, I honestly don't think anyone else in the village would be better suited for that title. You know the pain that goes with those difficult decisions, but few are able to make those tough decisions when the moment calls for them. Of all of those in the village, I think Akihito made the right call."

She slid the folder back into place and approached Souta, letting him rise from his chair before giving him a warm hug. "You're doing great, Souta. I look forward to seeing your career, and what you bring to the village with your title."
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Library Madness

Post by Willoria » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Souta sighed, knowing Kiyori was right, but it didn't mean he had to like the idea of one day potentially going to war with other villages. The tensions had been clear that day at the arm wrestling match, and it made his skin crawl to think about. The sheer amount of venom coming from, especially, the shinobi of Iwa. As many jokes as he had made about one of them, he'd only done so to cover up his own fears about what those words really meant. However one of them at least seemed a bit more subdued, the one he had pulled into a stalemate. 'Maybe there's hope yet for peace if there are more shinobi like him in Iwa, or in their leadership.' He started packing up the files he'd been looking at as well, looking at Kiyori a moment as she mentioned him using his words. "Maybe some day I should try my hand at diplomacy then. It'd be nice to get a chance to use something other than my blade for once... and maybe if it goes sideways I'm actually strong enough to make it back out." He knew going as an envoy to certain countries could be fatal just for thinking about it, but he still couldn't help feeling pulled towards the idea just a little bit.

Sighing again he stood, packing up the last of the files he had been looking at even as Kiyori came around the table and hugged him, chuckling at her comments about her own envy. "They must have something in store for you, you're as strong as I am." he said, looking at her for a minute. "Maybe you'll be our next Kazekage even." he added with a wink, knowing the rumors that ran rampant at the time.

He was one who silently hoped they were true.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”