A Sleepy Adventure

Closed; Kabu and Truth

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:12 am

This Ain't No James Bond Flick The mission hadn't even began yet and Jun already hated absolutely everything about it. She and Ookuri were to go undercover and infiltrate a gathering and search out a rich merchant suspected of being involved in fairly illegal activities. Frankly upon receiving the mission scroll she had been a bit surprised that a pair of Genin were being sent out on such a mission but she didn't really have a problem with that. If anything she was glad to have an opportunity to show that she could be more than just a lazy sleepyhead when she absolutely wanted or needed to. Besides, even to someone like her going undercover sounded like it could be a great deal of fun.

And that led to the present, Jun waiting at the village entrance for Ookuri and sighing as she looked at her reflection in a nearby window, uncomfortably shifting around every now and again. To go with the ruse she had cleaned up her appearance a bit, brushing her hair as she always did, putting on a little makeup and, perhaps for the first and hopefully only time in her life, she was currently clad in an ankle length dress. She was highly uncomfortable but she had been instructed to wear something nice and it was so much looser and easier to move in than a kimono would have been. Really though it was a lot of effort that she really wished she didn't have to go through, the girl being unable to help a yawn as she stepped away from the window and leaned her head against a nearby wall, closing her eyes and beginning to drift off to sleep as she waited for her partner to arrive.

Really as much as she hated the preparations she had had to make, there was one thing even worse. She had had to wake up early to get ready and by the time she had gotten ready it had been time to leave, even now the sun having barely risen.

And honestly there was nothing... absolutely nothing she hated more than having to wake up this early.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:37 am

It was the first mission that Ookuri had taken in some time. It was a bit nerve-wracking, especially since he'd never been assigned to work with Jun before. He suspected that he wouldn't have any issues, as he'd seen from the first day they'd spent together in class that she could be motivated. And she clearly had a desire to be a shinobi... or he was reasonably sure she did, enough to give her all on a mission. The nature of the mission was also much different from what he was used to. He was normally deployed for basic skirmishes, maybe rescue missions. But this? Infiltration? He was a bit tall to not stick out, towering over his family members at 6'0". What was the reasoning behind the both of them being assigned to it, he wondered? He couldn't let himself ruminate on the reason any longer than necessary. He was nearing the rendezvous point, and he had to make sure he-

Ookuri turned the corner and laid eyes on Jun, and he had to admit that he faltered for a second. He had always known that despite how plainly she dressed, Jun had a natural beauty and physical blessings to spare, and that was simply amplified tenfold when she put the extra effort in. While he bore no romantic interests for his classmate, he couldn't help but be momentarily awestruck as to how alluring she looked in the dress. He certainly had no clue why he was chosen (he didn't put much stock in his physical appearance), but with that velvet red backless dress, the neckstrap making her feminine features even more pronounced, and her loose bun allowing her delicate skin and neckline to shine, she'd be stiff contest for even the most lauded of courtesans seeking the affections of a lord... or even another lady, should they be so inclined.

The village had assigned him a tailor, a gentle older woman with eyes as warm in color and doting affection as a cup of hot cinnamon tea. It was both wonderful and bittersweet how he'd left the shop having a friendlier relationship with the woman than with most of his siblings. She'd helped him look sharp, by other people's standards: an immaculate tuxedo with onyx and gold cuff-links with a black silk necktie done up in a Full-Windsor knot. His hair was mostly left as is, as it was one of the few traits that naturally suited Ookuri, but it was styled just slightly to cut down on the frills to the side. Shiny black leather shoes clacked along the ground as he approached the pickup point.

"Hey, good to see you," he said simply, giving a curt nod. "The carriage should be here for us soon. We're supposed to find our dossier inside."

For a moment he let the silence hang between them, but he realized it might be rude to not at least give a small comment. "For what it's worth... I know it's for a mission and all, but you do look quite lovely," Ookuri offered, giving another small nod to acknowledge the fact. There was no hidden agenda, no insinuation in his tone, merely a compliment. He'd no need to complicate the mission by inadvertently straining his relationship with his partner before it even started.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Jun yawned as she heard the clacking of shoes against the ground, opening her eyes just far enough to spot Ookuri's blurry form heading towards her. Well, at least he hadn't kept her waiting long, or at least she thought. In truth she had no idea how long she had been asleep against that wall but at least she was a bit more awake now than she had been before.

Well he cleans up nicely. she thought to herself. She had no inclinations towards him, or men in general really, but she could appreciate the effort that had been put into his appearance. She had to wonder though if he was at all comfortable with this, that tuxedo seeming to look very stiff and uncomfortable to her, though she could sympathize if he was feeling at all uncomfortable, feeling very uncomfortable and even a bit naked in her own form fitting dress, even despite it actually covering most of her.

Resisting the urge to let out another yawn she stood up straight and waved, a slight red tinge crossing her cheeks at his compliment. It was honestly a little bit embarrassing to be seen like this by a classmate, her hair done up and herself clad in a fancy dress that highlighted what she had been told were all her best features, the dress's low cut in particular making it perfectly clear just how much she had grown compared to others her age. "Thank you. Dressing up like this is a first for me and I can't say I'm entirely comfortable but thank you for the compliment. You look quite nice yourself." she responded, giving her classmate and current mission partner a small smile.

"Though I must say. More than ever I can't understand those girls who put this much effort into their appearance on a regular basis. I had to wake up far too early for this."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 pm

"Thank you," Ookuri returned, a little sheepish at receiving his own compliment as he checked his suit, confirming Jun's suspicions about Ookuri feeling out of place in the suit. "I don't blame you. I had to wake up hideously early to meet the tailor for this suit. It makes sense for me, at least, though, that they'd have me up so early with me and my ragged appearance. But someone as naturally gorgeous as you? I get it for what we're doing, but you hardly need it."

Ookuri hadn't really thought anything into that last bit. He wasn't the kind of person to flatter others; he simply spoke the truth, not realizing how it might appear to his companion. Almost as if on cue, the carriage rounded the bend, and it certainly was something impressive. Fine carved oak painted black with gold trimming and black wheels with gold-plated studs and axles. The horses in front were jet black with white diamond-like tufts of fur on their foreheads. The rider, their handler of sorts, gave a tip of the hat to the two of them. "Good morn to you both! Good to see the master and missus in good health!" he offered.

This was a code-phrase.

"Yes, but there's a mountain chill coming. Let us in, or we'll catch death of cold."

The password.

The carriage slowing to a stop, the handler stepped down from the carriage, same as any regular civilian would, before coming around and opening the door for the two. Ookuri offered his arm, understanding the need to keep up the illusion as well as just generally doing his best to be a courteous gentleman. Should she take it, they'd walk arms hooked before he'd assist her up into the carriage entering in herself afterward. The inside of the carriage was a deep red, much like the color of Jun's dress, and the cushions of the benches in the carriage were framed with gold seams. Drawing the blinds shut as they trotted off, Ookuri searched for where they'd been instructed the dossier was kept in the ceiling of the box. Eventually, he found it, and with no one else in sight, he popped open the compartment and opened the scroll inside. As he scanned the dossier, Ookuri blinked at one particular detail he hadn't anticipated:

"Wait... Two days?"

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Jun had heard whisperings that she possessed a natural beauty but to be told such a thing so directly brought a bright blush to her face as she shifted in place nervously, the circumstances somehow only making it that much more embarrassing. "I... thank you very much." she quietly spoke before falling silent, suddenly unsure of what to say next.

Luckily for her, the carriage soon arrived, the girl wrinkling her nose in disgust at how gaudy it was. Did the upper class really use things like this to travel? Pushing the thought of how the carriage disgusted her aside, she took a moment to remember if there was anything special that needed to be done before thye left. The mission details had mentioned something of a password but what was it again?

Luckily once again, Ookuri seemed to have paid much closer attention than she had as he and the handler made a quick exchange, Ookuri then offering his arm to her. Resisting the urge to sigh, she took his arm and pulled herself up against him, not feeling entirely comfortable with it but realizing it was a fully necessary part of keeping up the ruse.

She was more than happy as she was helped up into the rather gaudy carriage and took a seat, leaning back against the very comfortable cushions as the handler returned to his position and they took off. If she had been alone and not on mission she surely would have fallen asleep right then and there, that's how comfortable the seats were to her.

"So what does the dossier say....?" she asked as she saw Ookuri reading through the scroll, trailing off as he mentioned one particular detail. "Two days for... what exactly? You don't mean...?" she asked, beginning to fear the worst. Was she going to be stuck with this uncomfortable appearance for two whole days plus however long it took to complete their mission and return home?

"I think I want to go home... I don't know how much of this I can take."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Ookuri shook his head in disbelief as he read the mission directive from the dossier:

”Arashiyama Ookurikara and Kyozu Jun:

Investigators responsible for overseeing an uptick in missing persons cases have found evidence to suggest that they are not isolated incidents but are connected to a human-trafficking ring that has taken root in the business district of Kumogakure. A plausible correlation has been found between these disappearances and a burgeoning steel manufacturing company: Takeda Steelworks. It’s owner and CEO, Takeda Kanryuu, is a prime suspect in this investigation and is believed to be either a core member of this trafficking ring or its outright ringleader. The results of your undercover operation will directly determine his status as a prime suspect as well as his arraignment and indictment status.

You both have been hand-selected to carry out this mission. This is, in no small part, due to your individual physical attributes. Below are your cover stories and identities:”

Ookuri sighed in frustration. Of course. It made sense, but neither of them had been fully briefed on the time investment before they’d been assigned the mission. That made holding up the ruse more difficult. ”It’s okay. We’re in this together. If we stick it out, these two days will pass like nothing, and hopefully, this ‘Takeda Kanryuu’ will be leaving his mansion in chains. Now, for our cover-“

He unfurled the dossier further, and his eyes widened as his words trailed off. If Jun peered over to the side of the scroll, she’d see Ookuri’s face somehow managing to turn slightly pink despite the darker hue of his skin. He was so flustered that steam was coming out of his ears.

”Y-Your cover story is that you are two darling heirs to up-and-coming startups in the b-business district and are... engaged to be married. Ookurikara, you are Hajime Saito, son to Hajime Manza, owner of Hajime Edge, a company specializing in cutlery and non-military weapons. Jun, you are Aizu Megumi, daughter to Aizu Kaoru, owner of Aizu Medicinal Services. A-Agents have planted rumors in communication channels of your relationship and plans to attend the event. Megumi and Saito are p-p-passionately in love and are anticipating their wedding next week. As nascent heirs, you’re both attending to further cement your company’s future prospects.”

Ookuri was, in a word, flabbergasted. This was their first mission?! Who came up with this?! There had to be an explanation. He read further, and as he did, his voice became more steady... and more serious:

”Clothing has been provided to match your specifications, along with your normal equipment and uniforms, hidden in false bottoms of your luggage. Remember: this is the main lead we have in this investigation. The safe return of these women may entirely rely on the success of this mission. Work past your fears and preferences, work as a team, and help narrow our search. Your efforts may help get these victims back home to their families.”

Ookuri let his hands rest as the weight of the last words sank in. This... This was what it meant to be a shinobi. The responsibility... and the consequences. He handed Jun the dossier, the tone a bit more intense than moments before.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Jun curiously tilted her head to the side, clearly puzzled as Ookuri trailed off and his face went pink, the girl scooching over far enough to lean over and read the contents of the scroll for herself even as he very nervously read it out loud. "Aizu Megumi... I like the sound of that. Alright so, Megumi and Saito are fiancees and to be married in just a week. That also makes sense. This all seems pretty standard for an undercover mission from stories I've heard..." she quietly spoke under her breath, trailing off as Ookuri finished reading and handed her the scroll, the girl looking it over for herself to make sure she hadn't either misread or misheard.

"Eh?! Engaged?! Passionately in love?! Wedding next week?! For one of my first missions?!" she exclaimed out loud, much louder than appropriate for a lady of her supposed stature. Realizing this, she took a deep breath to calm herself, looking over towards her partner with her cheeks once more flushed a bright red, though it was just a moment before her gaze dropped down to her lap. Sure, the entire prospect was a bit nerve-wracking to begin with but there was something else, something much more important she had to say. "Ookuri... I'm sorry, but I don't know if I can do this. I'm not sure if you know this already but I have no attraction towards men. I like girls." she said, looking back up towards her partner, a completely serious look in her eyes. It was a thing she had realized long ago and she had learned to embrace it but now it could end up getting in the way of an important mission.

"So, what do we do?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:28 pm

...Wow, they really were in for a tough two days.

It’d be one thing to just fake it when they simply weren’t interested in each other as people, but it was another thing entirely when his partner’s preferences swung entirely the other way. They hadn’t even arrived to the drop off, and they were running into conflicts with the mission parameters. Ookuri looked down at the mission dossier. What were they supposed to do?

His eye rested on the last paragraph. This was going to be tough on both of them... but it wasn’t about them. There were other lives potentially at play. They had to pull through. He had to pull through. He looked at Jun and offered his hand. If she obliged, he’d clasp it softly, not much unlike an older brother would do for a little sister. ”I know it’s a lot to take in... Are you willing to trust me, Jun?” he asked.

If she did, he’d gently pull her over and have her rest on him, gently placing his arm over her shoulder. He hadn’t missed her yawning, and she was likely tired from waking up so early. He wouldn’t force her; nothing of the sort. But he did think that if she got a little more comfortable just being around him, showing her she could trust him to have her back, it would make things easier. If she trusted him enough to lean in and accept the offer, she’d smell a light lavender cologne, nothing overpowering. ”We’ll play it by ear, and we’ll figure it out... together, as a team. Heck, we can use your preferences to give more believability to your story. Say we want an ‘open marriage’ or something. It could allow us to lure in targets for interrogation. We can hash the details out when we get there. But for now, leave it to me to get us there. You get some sleep. We’ll need to be rested for what comes next,” he suggested, taking a peak from behind the blinder to check their progress.

For this part, at least, Ookuri had to take point. He had to be flexible and cover for what Jun couldn’t force herself to do. He felt the weight of it on his shoulders, but he did his best to relax as best he could.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 pm

At first, Jun had simply been extremely nervous and perhaps even a bit self conscious given her current appearance, but now she was growing increasingly uncomfortable. Deep down she knew she had to accept things as they were for the sakes of all those poor victims and their families but in her heart she was having doubts on if she could actually go through with this ruse... and she felt so very bad about it. For the first time since her self discovery she found herself hating who she was, her preferences making their job all that much harder.

Lost in her thoughts as she was, she barely noticed as Ookuri offered his hand and asked a question of her, the girl blinking once she had noticed the gesture. Was he trying to help her? With a small smile she took his hand, letting herself be pulled against him without resistance and silently listening to him as he spoke, feeling a bit more at ease with his words. It was sometimes easy to forget that he was so much older than her but he really reminded her of her big brother in this instance... Whenever she got upset for any reason he would do all he could to cheer her up.

"Figuring it out as a team, huh? Yeah that sounds nice and thinking about it that way, maybe you're right. We could probably still make it work... I just don't know how far I can go with this ruse but... I trust you. Honestly I would be a pretty poor friend and partner if I didn't." she said, yawning once more as she closed her eyes and, given her vast exhaustion from both having woken early and the surprise that she had just been given, quickly fell fast asleep, still leaning fully against him with his arm around her shoulder.

"Who knows, maybe I'll even get to flirt with some cute girl." she muttered in her sleep, not quite aware of what she was thinking or saying while in dreamland.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:42 am

Ookuri chuckled softly at the little muttering that came from Jun's lips as she drifted off to sleep. "Yeah... You go get 'em, tigress," he told her softly, well aware that she wouldn't hear his response. As she drifted off to sleep, a delicate finger would brush lightly along her forehead as he moved a bang that had fallen over her face to its rightful place framing that delicate forehead of hers.

In one hand Ookuri still held the dossier. He'd memorize everything within this document before they arrived. He had to. The compartment they'd pulled the document from had a high-powered incinerator inside, the ash and smoke drifting from a small steel pipe from the back of the carriage, making sure none of the smoke and ash got inside. His eyes were laser-focused as he beat the information into his brain, never letting himself forget the stakes... and the price of failure. His strategy was to treat Jun like he was his dear little sister. It would be easier for them both; for Jun, because of the predispositions of her heart; and for Ookuri, because despite being one of the younger siblings in his family and despite the strained relationship he had with the majority of them, Ookuri absolute doted over his little sister, and she frankly wasn't much younger than Jun. It wasn't even remotely difficult to slip that comfortable jacket on again, so to speak. On the contrary, it helped him feel more resolute, even as they rode into the unknown.

Now, there was little more to do than wait and rest. Their mission began when they arrived at the mansion.
As noon gave way to early afternoon, there was a soft knock on the carriage from their handler. Ookuri didn't move, but his eyes snapped opened. He'd had the good sense to go to sleep very early the night before they left, so he was still plenty rested. Taking a peek out from behind the blinds, Ookuri noticed both the height (Takeda's mansion was located far up a mountain peak; in the village, he was a man notorious for valuing his privacy, which had made him a prime suspect) and the chill of the air. Jun still sat sleeping peacefully against his chest. It wasn't too terribly cold, as it was still fairly early in the day, but Ookuri didn't want Jun waking up as they were arriving. No, matter of fact, her staying asleep would likely be necessary for this next part.

There were plenty of other invitees arriving at roughly the same time, and many of them had made long trips, so while there were few that were outright anti-social, they were focused on getting inside into the warmth of the mansion and resting before the first dinner. Ookuri noticed that they were, the youngest attendees here, at least by what he could see. There were, no doubt, other business owners inside, but for now, he should play the role of the polite and grateful heir. It would communicate a naivety that he could manipulate to his advantage. Before exiting the carriage, with an assist from the handler opening the door, Ookuri slipped his tuxedo jacket off and slipped it onto Jun's shoulders before softly scooping her up in his arms, cradling her close to his chest so that his jacket would shield Jun from most of the cold. As he walked up the stairs with his 'fiancee' in his arms, eliciting a charmed chuckle from some of the more genuine attendees, Ookuri faced his first test: the house steward, a fit-looking man of dark complexion, much like himself. Were it not for the hair, he could have easily passed as an Arashiyama. "Good afternoon, sir. Can you please provide me with the name for your reservation?"

Ookuri nodded, not skipping a beat. "Of course. Our reservation should be under Hajime Edge, or possibly Aizu Medicinal Services," he stated, a bright smile on his face. "We must really thank your master for allowing us to attend this event. My precious Megumi and I have been ever so busy, and this retreat was just the thing we were looking for."

To add to the ruse, he leaned in and gently kissed the sleeping Jun on the forehead. A few chuckles arose from the older attendees at the display of affection, but the steward brow furrowed slightly, thinly masking his annoyance. This was good. Perhaps he was overworked? Felt resentful at his master for having to work with people who so contrasted his stoic nature? Simply envious of the youngsters having a relationship when he did not? Ookuri'd keep this vulnerability locked away in the back of his mind. Either way, it was enough, as the steward found their entry on the list after a few tense moments. "Yes, sir, you'll have many occasions to express your thanks personally. Please do come along. My subordinates will lead you to your room and will assist your driver in unloading your luggage from the carriage."

Motioning quickly with a few hand gestures, Ookuri was beckoned inward to the mansion. The massive doorway led to two hallways that branched off to the left and right, wrapping around a massive central atrium, floors lined with marble and a massive crystal chandelier. This massive heart served as the center of the mansion, dividing it into three separate wings: west, east, and north, the entrance pointing to the south. Leading him down the eastern wing, their room was located at the end of the row on the second floor, facing out toward the expansive mountain-tops. The servants quietly opened the door and stepped back to allow Ookuri to walk in, the young man nodding and giving thanks to each of them personally. Servants were this mansion's information network. It was vital that he get a friend on the inside. They could very well lead them to information vital to the success of this mission.

In the most unlikely of places, Ookuri found the second test of their trip, and it was something that he'd not even remotely considered. There was only one bed.

'Welp, I'm sleeping on the couch,' the genin immediately determined. Quietly beckoning the servant to assist him, his helper drew the covers back as Ookuri set Jun down softly, taking great care to thank the servant warmly as he removed Jun's shoes, covering her up immediately afterward. Their tasks done, the servants moved to leave, but Ookuri stopped them. The first impression he made was vital here. "My father taught me that I can't have a company without valuing those who work for me. We likely won't get to speak personally while we're here aside from this moment, but I wanted to express my thanks ahead of time with a small token," he stated, pulling out a long, slender wallet from his jacket.

Opening the wallet, he had to stop himself from looking shocked at the denomination of ryo he found in the wallet. The village had spared no expense in this operation. Handing each of the servants a few bills, their eyes lit up once they read the numbers, most of them breaking out into smiles of disbelief. Bowing deeply and expressing their thanks, they took their leave. Ookuri sighed, his smile fading as he stepped back into the room and closed the doors, locking them. He hadn't lied, per se, but deception of this kind wasn't in his nature.

Turning on some of the softer lights, he waited for Jun to awaken. He quickly took stock of his equipment and clothing, getting a little flustered at the rather... loose silk pajamas that he'd been provided. Yet another reason for him to sleep on the couch. He would allow Jun to do the same for herself, not realizing that Jun would likely face her own trial when she checked the clothing that they'd provided for her, all of her "nightgowns" if they could be called that very flattering of her figure or outright lingerie. More importantly, Ookuri took note of all of the conventional and alternative escape routes. They had an attached bath which had a steam vent, a fireplace with a chimney, a large drain grate in the middle of the bedroom (to prevent possible flooding from broken water pipes), and the balcony. They could also try the ceiling at a later point with Tree Walking, but that seemed an unlikely route.

For now, all that was left was for Jun to awaken and to convene on their plan before going to dinner.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Jun barely even stirred as she was picked up and carried, soft breaths being the only sound she made even as she was brought into their shared room and placed into bed, moving only to grab the blanket and pull it up over her head as she snuggled against a pile of pillows, somehow recognizing even in the midst of a deep sleep that she had been placed into a bed.

It was a couple hours later just as the first day of the gathering began getting into full swing that Jun finally awoke, yawning as she sat up in bed, pushing her now loose hair out of her eyes as she looked around at her surroundings, question marks practically floating over her head even as she looked over towards Ookuri. "Ookuri? Where? Wha?" she muttered, the gears slowly turning in her sleep addled brain as she attempted to piece the situation together. She was with Ookuri in a bedroom she didn't recognize in a bed that very clearly wasn't her own, though she certainly wished it was, and she was in a fancy dress... If she didn't very firmly swing the other way she would have assumed they had gone out on a date and found a hotel for the night, but given her inclinations that was impossible. So what was going on?

"Oh! That's right." she gasped, the events of the morning now coming back to her. That was right, they were on a mission to stop a possible ringleader of a human trafficking ring and she had been given permission to sleep in the carriage. It seemed like Ookuri hadn't wanted to wake her and so had carried her inside and with the help of the servants had put her into bed.

With a sigh she stretched and reluctantly got out of the highly comfortable bed, moving over towards a nearby mirror as she worked to put her hair back up into its bun and smoothed out her dress, finding and putting her shoes back on as well. She was very grateful for the rest, now being much more awake and alert but hopefully it hadn't affected the mission negatively. "So, how long was I out? Did I miss anything important?" she asked of her partner, walking over towards the edge of her bed and taking a look into her, or rather Megumi's, luggage, pulling out a pair of long gloves which she slipped on, all the while raising a brow as she thought she saw something lacy and revealing sitting within her trunk. There was no way, right? Yeah, there was most definitely no way that they would provide her with such racy clothing both given her age and the status of her false identity.

Refusing to take a closer look however, she closed the trunk and walked over towards Ookuri on the couch, sitting next to him. "So, what's the plan? We're here for two days and supposedly here to celebrate our engagement so it would be very suspicious of us to start our investigation immediately. I say it's probably best for us to spend this first day and night mingling with the guests and getting to know the servants, you know making some friends on the inside." she said, from the look in her eyes seeming to have finally shifted into serious mode, a hidden part of her that was only rarely seen, typically either when taking care of her friends or out on mission.

Hopefully it wouldn't come as too much of a shock.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Ookuri turned his head as he heard Jun shift underneath the covers. ”Morning, hun,” he chimed, the informal title offered very casually, as an older brother would. He was glad that she was able to rest. She’d definitely need to be ready for the social quagmire they were about to descend into.

It was roughly mid afternoon, perhaps 1630 hours, or 4:30 PM. Ookuri has already taken stock of his equipment and armaments, having hung his tuxedo jacket on the bedpost. The fireplace was going, and the large leather curtain keeping out the cold from the balcony was fully closed. ”Already ahead of you. I used some of the funds the village gave us to handsomely tip the servants that helped bring our luggage in. We should keep up the pressure and be as nice to them as possible. They’ll be a prime source of information we can cajole into working for us. Still, if money alone doesn’t work, we might be able to get info another way.”

Standing up and retrieving his jacket, Ookuri slipped it on. ”It’d be preferable if the person were in the staff, but I imagine that there might be a mark we can find that would be susceptible to your charms, Jun, but I’ve no eye for it, obviously. While we’re fraternizing, it’ll be your job to mark anyone that we could influence or seduce using your skills. I’ll work on softening up the staff and other execs, but we need to communicate. We can’t trust everything around us, and though we’ll have to at some point, it’s when we’re separated that this mission is most dangerous.”

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:17 am

"Alright, I got the gist of what's expected. There's always some lonely noblewoman or a maid in need of company at these events, or I've heard from various sources. By the way, for the sake of the mission I'm currently posing as a 17 year old. It was one of the few explicit instructions that I actually received." Jun nonchalantly said in response to Ookuri's plan, all the while taking another look in the mirror to make sure that her appearance was in order. She was honestly a bit nervous about the mess that was she very likely about to descend into and even moreso worried about if it came to it, if she would be able to properly seduce anyone as she had never so much as seriously flirted before. Sure she occasionally flirted about with Yasu but that was very different, much more playful as it were. She really loved the girl but while there may have been a little bit of a romantic inclination mixed in there, it was honestly very much a sisterly love. It was honestly very different from actively trying to flirt with and seduce someone.

Taking a moment to clear her mind she patted her cheeks a couple times and took a deep breath, walking back over to Ookuri once done. Well, if she couldn't do it she was sure that she could find some sort of compromise or alternate route After all as a shinobi on a job she had to do what had to be done and as long as it was within her power to do so... she was going to do her damnedest to get it done, a fact she had a feeling would cause most of their classmates to possibly faint from shock, the thought causing her to let out a light giggle. One day they would learn that she could be a hard worker when she had a reason to be motivated but for now, the thought of their sheer shock at such a fact was enough to bring her some amount of delight.

"Alright, I'm ready. We mingle while sticking close to one another and occasionally communicating, separating completely only once such a thing is warranted." she said, holding out her arm for Ookuri to take, all the while giving him a cheeky grin. She had to wonder if he would actually let her take the lead and if he did what the crowd down below would actually think of such a thing.

"Shall we go my dear Saito, my future husband?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Smoothing out his tuxedo jacket, Ookuri stood and hooked his arm around Jun's, gently drawing her close. "Ah, yes, my darling wife-to-be, Megumi. Let us make these old fogeys blush with our youthful, racy antics," he replied, his stereotypical stuffy rich man voice trying to offer some humor to break the tension. It was just as much for himself as it was for her. He'd spent much of the time Jun had been sleeping devising a number of plans of action and emergency escape plans should the mission go awry. She might not realize it, but she wasn't the only one stressing about the mission.

Closing and locking the door behind them, Ookuri would lead Jun down the east wing toward the mezzanine and the main atrium, where the bustling of servants, clinking glasses, chatter and laughter, and classical music echoed down the hall. It seemed that the other patrons had arrived before them, but as they turned the bend, it seemed that dinner had not yet begun in full. A set of three tables, each covered in immaculate white linens and topped with gold-plated cutlery and gold-rimmed china plates and bowls, bore ten seats on each side. A grand total of thirty couples, themselves included had been invited to the event. Ookuri noticed that the two flanking tables seemed just a bit less excited than the central table. Ookuri didn't understand why that was, but as they walked into the main lobby, one of the servants from earlier, a maid, approached them and warmly welcomed them, offering to guide them to their seats. Ookuri lightly squeezed Jun's hand as the maid approached and he accepted the offer on their behalf, alerting Jun that she should remember that maid's face. The genin was oddly glad to see that they were next to the head of the central table. Seating themselves, they were quickly served a sparkling juice, very sweet and low in alcohol. It seemed that this Kanryuu person knew to not completely ignore village laws, at least in public.

For now, Ookuri would seek to strike up a conversation with one of the nearby pairs. This would be a good time for Jun to spot persons of interest or marks for coercion for the following day.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Jun giggled at Ookuri's lame attempt at speaking as a generic rich man, smiling as she let him lead her through the house, taking the time to look around at her surroundings all while wondering if Yasu lived in a home like this. It was nice and all, but something about the size of the home as well as the presentation lent to a sense of loneliness that would have surely driven her crazy had she come here alone. Really it all made her more than a little uneasy, though she didn't show it by any means. In a way she was glad that she had been fast asleep when they had initially arrived.

Luckily before she could think too much more about that, they arrived at their final destination, a fairly immaculate dining hall, being approached by a maid that seemed to be around her own age. ...But why was such a young girl in the employ of a man like this? It was yet another entry in the increasingly long list of reasons she was finding to be worried about this mission.

Resisting the urge to sigh, she put the maid's face to memory in the back of her mind and took her seat at the table, noting that the master of the house hadn't yet arrived. Wouldn't he have arrived first in most instances? It was very suspicious indeed, though she was glad to see that in his absence the servants were at least hard at work as they were served a juice that she took a few hesitant sips of, finding it to be very good if not a bit different than what she was used to.

As she did that she would be looking around at at the room, noting as she did that many of the individuals present were paired up much like themselves, some happily in love and others barely seeming to tolerate each other. Honestly given the circumstances it was the latter she was most interested in. She would keep her eyes on them and see if there was ever an opportunity for her to make her move but for now she had to wonder... Where was the master of the house and why hadn't he yet arrived?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Almost as if on cue, the doors to the north of the main hall opened, and the same steward that had let them into the house before emerged. Holding a small bell in his hand, he lightly rung it, the noise punctuating just slightly higher than the din of the conversation, a signal that all those present should stop and listen. Once the room was quiet, he would clear his throat. ”May I present to you the CEO of Kanryuu Steelworks and your most gracious host, Takeda Kanryuu-sama,” he declared, his voice firm and formal.

The doors parted ways again, and from within arose a slender man crisply dressed in a bright tan suit, a pristine white shirt, and a red tie. Small spectacles graced the bridge of his nose, just as sharp, angular and narrow as the rest of his features.
Takeda KanryuuShow
The man brimmed with vicious confidence and business acumen, a large cigar hanging fro the corner of his mouth, though once he passed his steward, he took it and handed it to him. The attendees would burst into applause and rise from their seats. Following suit, Ookuri would do the same, keeping the guise”Please, please, sit, sit! I didn’t buy the velvet so you wouldn’t sit in it,” he chuckled wryly. His voice was higher pitched for a man, calculated, a lightly restrained arrogance in its tone. ”For now, let’s eat. I’m famished. I’ll have much to discuss with you all, so there’s no point in talking while our stomachs are distracting us.”

Despite his arrogance, Kanryuu was a master of etiquette. He made it a point of going around and greeting every guest before taking his seat. ”Welcome, Saito-kun, Megumi-san,” he offered to both, giving a softer handshake to Jun and a firmer one to Ookuri. ”I’m glad that your parents were able to at least have you both join us. I understand he’s been swamped with incoming demand for his cutlery.”

Ookuri bowed deeply with a smile, though inside he wanted to puke at the arrogant tone this man’s voice bore. ”Our parents are grateful you would allow us to attend in their stead, Kanryuu-sama,” Ookuri replied. ”Despite how seemingly different our companies are, we believe we can help benefit Kanryuu Steelworks with expansion into new markets.”

Takeda chuckled and waved his hand nonchalantly as everyone sat down. ”We’ll have more time to talk business later, lad. For now, let’s enjoy each other’s company. Now, I hear you two are to be married! A wonderful occasion, congratulations to you both! How did you two meet?”

This wasn’t something that had been included in the dossier, but Ookuri had prepared for this. ”Well, as you may or may not know, about two years ago, my father started expanding into manufacturing medical tools. When our parents met for business negotiations, Megumi and I met each other there as well. It was like magic, really. Everything just... fell into place,” he said happily.

The next bit was something he’d tested while Jun was asleep. He was hoping that, since she hadn’t woken up from it before, she wouldn’t be too perturbed now. Pulling her in close by the hand, he gently kissed the girl on the brow. It was a brotherly kiss, but it would hopefully be enough to deceive this fellow Kanryuu.

Smiling just a little more widely, he nodded. ”Ah, to be young and in love. Megumi-san, aside from Saito’s dashing looks, what attracted you to him? I’m curious to know, if you don’t mind me asking,” he asked the kunoichi.

Ookuri gave her hand a light squeeze, reassuring her. ’You’ve got this, Jun,’ his eyes told her, confident that she would be able to manage.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Jun silently watched and listened as their host and target finally entered the room and she stood along with everyone else, the girl simply following Ookuri's cue as she herself had found a near immediate dislike for the man as he seemed like one of those types to just throw their wealth around, the complete, calculating arrogance in his tone not helping matters at all. Nonetheless though they were on a mission and she right now was supposed to be a prim, proper noblewoman, which meant shoving down her anger and disgust and tolerating her present company.

She stayed silent as she once more took her seat, accepting the man's handshake with one of her own but otherwise letting Ookuri do the talking, a practiced smile on her face and her hands daintily folded in her lap. She was honestly surprised by how well Ookuri was handling the situation as he talked to Takeda. He seemed to have prepared extensively while she had been asleep. It honestly made her feel a little bad that she wasn't doing more to help but then again she was posing an upper class woman so there wasn't a great deal she could do. That said, it was all she could do to keep herself from blushing as Ookuri first happily told a made up story and then pulled her in close, kissing her on the forehead. Ah jeez, she really hadn't been prepared for any of this.

And then came the question that was posed towards her... Jun momentarily freezing, nerves seeming to momentarily overcome her, as the gears turned, attempting to come up with some kind of story.

In the midst of her, hopefully unnoticed or unheeded, panic she felt Ookuri squeeze her hand and she looked into his eyes, seeming to come to some kind of realization as she looked into them. She could actually use these nerves to her advantage.

"I.. I've always been really shy and I easily get nervous in public and most men don't like that but... Saito doesn't care, he loves me even with my issues and I love him just as much. I don't care about his looks or his business or any of that. Saito has always just been so nice to me even though my issues make it so hard for him." she said, tears beginning to form in her eyes, which she quickly wiped away with her gloved hands. "Ah, m... my apologies. I think my nerves are starting to kick in. It's been a while since we've attended a gathering such as this."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Ookuri's eyes widened as he heard Jun's cover for their fictitious meeting. He could tell from the tiny trembling that she was doing her best to keep her panic under control, and though she may not have noticed, Ookuri smiled just a bit wider, his eyes encouraging her. 'That was freakin' brilliant, Jun,' his eyes told her, giving her hand a little squeeze before she took it to tend to her nascent tears. Turning to Kanryuu, he nodded. "My dear Megumi suffers from acute social anxiety. She finds it difficult to be in large groups, especially when it's people we don't know. Despite that, she suffers these things for my sake, and I'm truly grateful to her for it."

Smiling widely, Kanryuu nodded. "Ah, yes. There is strength in such endurance, Megumi-san. You've found yourself a good woman, Saito. Hold on to her and don't let go. There are many a vulture amongst our class that would snatch her from you," he advised, giving them both a glance (resting just a bit longer on Jun) before turning to the other couple across from them for a short conversation with them. Ookuri kept his facade, but he had to make sure he didn't jump the gun and just slam the knife in his left hand into this filthy man in his twig neck jugular. Before this mission was over, he was going to deck this scraggly-looking scarecrow right in his pearly whites.

Eventually, after finishing his meal, Kanryuu dabbed his cheeks with his cloth napkin as he beckoned his steward forward. Walking calmly, the steward bent down to listen. "Steward, is the presentation ready?"

"It awaits only your order, sir."

"Excellent. Tell them to bring them out."

Standing up and turning towards the two doors that Kanryuu had emerged from, the Steward snapped his fingers at other servants and beckoned forth with a wave of his hand. Most of the attendees finished with their dinner, the servers began collecting plates starting at the far side of the table. Noticing that none of the other patrons were paying them any mind, Ookuri calmly reached into his tuxedo jacket and leaned in toward Jun, discreetly handing the wallet to her. "When the maids or servants come to get our plates, tip them and thank them," he quietly urged the kunoichi before quickly turning his gaze toward Kanryuu.

It seemed that while most of the people would be paying attention to the presentation that Kanryuu was about to give, Jun could further identify a specific mark she would consider going after. She could base it off of who was letting their attention wander. Heck, she might even be able to coerce them to separate themselves for some alone time while the "men" talked.

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm

It took everything Jun had not to reach out and punch Takeda for the creepy look he gave her but she ultimately kept her cool, simply keeping quiet and smiling. Frankly it was a relief when he turned away from them to talk to another couple. She wasn't sure how much longer she could have withstood talking to him without giving in and decking him.

With that meal time finally began and the servants began cleaning up the table, Ookuri handing her his wallet to tip the servants. She was honestly a tad confused on the matter but nonetheless she took the wallet, keeping a watchful eye out for an approaching servant, soon noting that the same maid that had greeted them upon entry was the one coming to pick up their plates. "Here ya go. A little something to help you get out of here." she whispered to the maid with a smile as the girl picked up her and Ookuri's plates, slipping a wad of cash into her uniform. It was a bit of an excessive amount she knew, but she desperately wanted to help the girl get out of here. There was no reason for a girl so young to be working as a maid for such a sleazy man.

With a look of surprise, the young girl quietly thanked her and bowed before scampering off, Jun watching her a moment before turning her attention to the room as a whole, noticing a lone woman sitting at a table on the far end of the room, looking very bored and not even like she was paying attention to the presentation. Now that was odd. That same woman had been with a man when they had entered the room. What a shame... she was terribly pretty, far too pretty to be left alone for long.

Feeling that it was her chance, she quietly got up from her seat, being very careful not to disturb anyone around her and walking over to the woman, taking a seat next to her. "Hello there. I am Aizu Megumi, only daughter of Aizu Medicinal Services." For now she would make due with introducing herself, waiting and watching to see what else would happen before pressing further.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Ookuri kept a close eye on Jun from the corner of his eye as Kanryuu commenced with the presentation. It seemed she'd spotted a mark she wanted to exploit. Jun was in her element. He'd trust her to handle herself while he kept up his own facade. Kanyruu, despite his thin figure, projected his voice quite well, and his charisma captivated his audience.

"Gentleman, let me be frank. I have invited you all here on this getaway because, despite the successes of our respective companies, we are falling woefully short of our entrepreneurial potential. Here we stand, living on mountains that very nearly pierce the heavens, these great scapes filled with resources and primed for expansion and growth. And yet, we've stifled our own growth through competition! We claw and bite and tear at each others' ankles so that we may stand on top of the business empire of this country. And for a time, one company may experience more glory and riches than the other. Yet, none of us have considered a very important question: is there not a better way?"

A large object, long and rectangular was wheeled out, covered in a large cloth. "Gentlemen, I present to you a proposition for a business venture. One that will benefit our glorious village and one that will put our companies above all others in the global industry."

Pulling the cloth away, Kanryuu unveiled a golden picture frame and a red velvet background with golden letters. "The Kanryuu Conglomerate!" he beamed, followed by thunderous applause by the crowd of CEOs that was there. Ookuri clapped on, but he suspected something was amiss. Kanryuu was known for being one of the most cutthroat businessmen in the country. Why would he, of all people, suggest unity?

His answer came shortly after. "The simple fact is that many of our companies are interlinked. One will purchase materials and services from another to serve their customers. We have a variety of segmented supply chains and expense reports that function on their own, yes... but they could be so much more efficient. How much money could we save on operations if supply orders were all streamlined through a single system? How much higher would our profits be if we could all benefit from the close relationships that we have with our suppliers outside of this group of companies we have here tonight? This is what I propose to you all: that we unify our operations under one banner. Many of you are likely wondering why it is under my company's name the Conglomerate is being christened. The answer to this is simple: steel. Every single one of your companies has purchased my company's steel to make your own products. Everything starts with the raw materials, and that is where my company specializes. Imagine if you could get your raw materials... at half the cost?"

The mention of such a slash in costs caused an audible shift in the attitude of the crowd, one more energized and excited. "Some of you will be brought into the fold during this getaway. Others of you will have to wait, as your industries are not directly related to steelworks, but have faith! I will not forget a single one of you. We will rise up and conquer the business world together! Thank you, and have a good night!"

Exiting the room through the same double-doors that he'd entered through, Kanryuu excused himself for the evening, even as the applause continued. Ookuri kept the excited fake smile on his face, but inside, alarm bells screamed off in his head. There was more to this; he was certain of it.
The woman, likely not much older than Jun herself was surprised to see someone who took interest in her. She was relieved to see someone else who appeared to be not even remotely interested in the corporate subterfuge going on. "Oh, hello! I'm Kirie. My husband runs Zanbatou Shipping. I'm so glad that you came. My husband left in quite a hurry without much explanation, and all this talk of business really isn't in my tastes. I'm more of a socialite myself," she admitted. "Knowing the ins and outs of who's who is really much more thrilling than numbers and dollar signs."

The woman seemed overall bashful with an inquisitive mind and loose lips. She seemed eager to betray the secrets of others around her that she'd ascertained with her observational skills. How would Jun respond?

Kabu

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by Kabu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:25 pm

"Oh I do agree. This business talk is so dreadfully boring, I don't know how my fiancee puts up with it." Jun responded with a smile and a bit of a haughty tone to her voice, some part of her absolutely hating the manner in which she was speaking right now. She actually sounded like an arrogant noblewoman and she was honestly a bit unnerved with how easily it came to her.

Her own issues aside, it seemed she had chosen a risky partner to converse with. The woman definitely seemed like the type to easily give her information but at the same time absolutely seemed like one whom could absolutely ruin their mission if she were to screw up at all. But still, even with the risks she had seemed to find a prime target and it was more than worth the risk of failure, or at least she hoped it would be.

"I'm not much of a socialite myself as I have quite terrible anxiety and can't spend time around large groups." she continued, an idea seeming to come to her at that moment. Who knew though if her new 'friend' would go for it. Well, it was worth a shot at least.

"From one lady to another I would very much like it if you could share with me some gossip of the business world and those within. We could even go off and get better acquainted while we're at it. My dear Saito surely won't mind if I separate myself from the party for a time. He's very sweet like that, and I'm sure he would appreciate the opportunity to form new partnerships without me around to be a bother." she said, placing her hand against Kirie's own, gently squeezing it as she smiled.

Hopefully this worked and she didn't make her very suspicious instead...
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

ShinobiTruth

A Sleepy Adventure

Post by ShinobiTruth » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Jun's conversation partner thoroughly enjoyed her company, even with the few sentences they'd exchanged. Jun would likely tell that, while she was nosy, this woman was actually relatively innocent, her true sin more ignorance than arrogance. Her reaction to Jun's squeeze of the hand, moreover, told volumes about her as a person and her personal life. She was clearly very perceptive, and she sensed the hidden motive behind Jun's request... or at least, the overt intention that Jun presented. A flattered blush crossed her cheeks, and her eyes came alive, almost as if virtue and temptation battled within her mind.

It was a short-lived battle, as she smiled sheepishly and accepted the invitation. "Well... that sounds quite lovely, Megumi-san," she agreed, lightly clasping Jun's hand in response. "...We'll have more privacy in my room if you'd like. My husband will likely be out late, talking with the other men..."

Jun was firmly in control. This woman's curiousity permeated into every facet of her life... This apparently included prospects for romance and intimacy. What happened next was firmly in Jun's control.
Ookuri would continue conversing with the men closest to him, trying to glean as much information as he could about their businesses. Nothing he was coming across so far was anything illegal, by what he could surmise. Shady and underhanded, sure, but technically legal. He was hoping that Jun would have some more success on that front.

Ookuri had made certain to keep some cash on his person outside of his wallet just in case he forgot to bring it with him; thus, when the servant came and quietly slipped him a note. He noticed over the course of the conversation that other business men, only those at the central table where he sat were receiving them, and only a few. He guessed around five men, including himself would receive the note.

Discreetly opening up the note, inside were handwritten instructions:

Come to the north wing of the mansion at midnight. Be punctual. Tell no one.

Taking the note and discreetly slipping it into his jacket, Ookuri handed a bill to the servant, thanking him graciously. The servant's eyes lit up at the size of the bill and bowed politely before scurrying off. Ookuri would excuse himself from the table, bidding a good night after a good hour of further conversation with the other patrons as he retired to their room for the evening.

Going back to their room, Hiji would sit down on the sofa and begin planning. He knew that he would need to consider what he wore carefully. Likely, Kanryuu would scrutinize them based on what they chose to wear. Someone so obvious as to dress up in a suit late at night and wear loud, formal shoes would not do. His getup would need to believeable, but not disheveled. Much planning would go into his approach for this late-night meeting.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”