[Closed] Which is your Legacy?

Ty & Kat only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:46 am

Life Twists & It Turns When Suzume got home from Star Country, she had honestly thought she'd feel like her life had direction. She thought she would have answers. She thought she'd know what she was doing, but instead as she got home to that empty store front she found herself sitting in the middle of the floor with still no idea what to do. Her sword wasn't on her hip, rather it was sheathed with one end resting on the ground, the other against her shoulder. Her hat was on the floor beside her, her hair loose, and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. The smoke curled up and over her head as her mind seemed like it was going a hundred miles a minute. She hadn't slept the night before, finding herself unable to do anything but think, and she just couldn't land on anything.

'How am I supposed to love him, and live up to my father's legacy?'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:11 pm

The people of Dragon Country were ill prepared for the arrival of The Flesh That Hates, many of the people gawked in a mixture of awe and fear as the gargantuan man strode through the streets of the large port city. Ahhh... So this is the land which the young woman calls home? It's... rather extravagant. Truth be told, Asura actually despised such populated places; too many people liked to judge those like him when they inhabited an area en masse. He was used to being called many horrible things by people once the mob mentality took hold... though it usually lasted as long as one of them attacking him, and then the silence took hold once more.

But this was not that day hopefully. He had caught wind of the young girl, Suzume, and that wind had guided him here like a ship carried to it's destination. It took little asking around to discover that the young woman had purchased a storefront in the area, and yet no goods or services were provided by the store yet. Curious... Approaching the blacked out storefront he saw little activity, but the building that shared space with it seemed to be at least partially in use. The weird, gaunt man would simply open the door and stride right in. "Excuse me? I'm looking for a young lady!" Using the power of his mask, The man disguised his voice to appear far more feminine in nature... a little trick he liked to use to catch people unaware.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:48 am

Suzume didn't move as she saw the man enter, her back against the wall and her eyes flicking to the door as he did so. Smoke continued to curl up from the cigarette and towards the ceiling as she watched him. She found his voice strange, grating on the back of her mind as she merely blinked at him a moment. "I'm right here, Asura." she remarked quietly, realizing she was probably hard to see, despite only being a few feet in front of him. It was the early morning hours, the sun still rising and in the darkness the only thing illuminating the girl was the light of her cigarette which she hadn't drawn a breath off since he entered. She drew one now, knowing the cherry would light up her face briefly before she set it aside in an ashtray and carefully lit the lantern beside her with a match. With a sigh the girl looked over at Asura a moment before standing.

"I'll make some tea." Her apartment was upstairs, but she had set up a table behind the stairs where she could prepare small things. It was there she went to start the tea, turning on the stove and putting a kettle of water on before looking at Asura again. "Need something?" she asked quietly, her lack of sleep obvious in her face and even her movements.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Asura was actually a little caught off guard by Suzume, sitting in a dark corner of the room, so low to the ground that his height worked against him as he didn't look down far enough to find her. A small gasp of shock came from his masked mouth, his arms shooting up in response, before laughter filled the room. "Hahaha, you frightened me girl! It's a pleasure to see you again!" Asura bowed before the young girl, one arm extended out while the other crossed over his chest. As she moved to prepare tea, Asura would pull up a small chair and plop into it, his own lanky features making him appear almost giant in comparison to the chair... It was quite humorous, actually.

"Oh no, I couldn't trouble you. Besides, there is little that I want for nowadays, except to bring the light of the truth to those who seek it. For now, I merely wish to enjoy your company for a while... Not that kind of company though, you understand." He realized quite quickly that enjoying company was often used as a euphemism, and that was most certainly not what he was hinting at, a brief chuckle of embarrassment serving as proof. "So... this is where you're staying? Huh... For the child of one who seemed so grand, your home is a lot more... frugal than I anticipated.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Suzume pulled a small folding table over to where Asura had seated himself before she went back to finish the tea. A few minutes later and she had tea on the table for the both of them, pulling up a chair for herself to sit in. Her legs crossed one over the other at the knees and she lifted her teacup to her lips as Asura spoke, and even seemed to weirdly stumble over his words. "I wouldn't have assumed you wanted that kind of company anyway." Suzume said, her face oddly expressionless as she spoke. Her mind was still on so many things she didn't seem to have the spare thought to even emote properly. "And even if you did you wouldn't find it with me. I've only been with one man and for the moment there's no reason for that to change."

His comments about her home brought an odd smile to her face though and the girl chuckled. "It's an apartment, maybe a dojo soon. It isn't meant to be grand, my father's grand influence is elsewhere but to show you, you'd have to actually be a part of my father's organization." she said, looking at him a moment. "Running Chishiki, or letting it die, is in my hands now, though I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet..."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Asura scratched his head with a chuckle as the woman informed him that, as he had guessed, she had no interest in him that way. "Oh it's just as well. As you might recall from that night, touching my bare flesh can have... unusual effects on those unprepared for them." He grinned under his mask, then let out a deep breath as one of his elongated arms, thin and gaunt, emerged from under his tattered robes. A single gloved hand rested on the table, absolutely none of his skin visible to the outside world... Such was the life he lived to protect those unprepared for his glory.

The girl defended her home, and in response Asura nodded. "Hey, i'm not speaking ill of it. You have more to your name then I do, after all. Who am I to take away from your possessions? No, I have no desire to do that... But what do you speak of now, your father's organization? If he's dead, doesn't that make it yours?" His question was answered a moment later, as she explained that this 'Chishiki' was hers to do with as she saw fit... But she didn't know what to do with it. "Hmm... A troubling prospect, to be sure. Letting it die would besmirch all that your father sought to attain, whatever that may be. While running it, you may stray too far from his desired goals... But if it helps, the truth remains the truth; if your father is dead, it is you who chooses what his organization strives for now."

Asura, after his exposition, slowly reached his gloved hand up to his mask, pausing as his thumb slipped underneath the chin as he prepared to remove it. "I must ask before I remove this in your home. After all, you may not be prepared for what lies beneath it. But I admit, the feel of air on my face sounds lovely right about now."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Suzume fell quiet as Asure spoke of her father's organization, and she knew he was right. It made her wonder if she could find a perfect marriage between what she wanted and what her father wanted. If she could find a way to stay true to his mission and yet begin her own, wouldn't that be truly perfect? She seemed to come back to the moment as Asura asked about his mask and she simply nodded. "You can remove it if you wish." she told him, not seeming to mind one way or the other if he took it off.

"My father was all about gathering knowledge of all kinds to himself. I never really learned his goals with it, but I do know I hate the way the villages wield their secrets against us. They train so many but harbor their secrets and then the rest of us suffer for it. I sometimes think I want to continue his work, steal what secrets I can from the villages and keep them. Not for my own power but to teach others, let the rest of us finally have a chance of defending ourselves for once, against them, against their worst, and against the damn prices they charge for their shitty version of protection."

Suzume blushed as she realized she was begging to rant a bit, clearing her throat and shaking her head at herself. 'Sorry." she muttered, sighing to herself as a war continued within her own mind.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 pm

Asura gave a bow before the woman as she gave him the permission he sought, slowly beginning to remove the mask. "Ahh, I thank you Suzume. You do me a kindness of such grand measure." With a deep breath Asura would pull the mask off of his face and drop his hood, revealing the horror beneath. Stretching from the back of his head were several feelers, like what one would see on the head of an ant, all wiggling and stretching as the air touched them. Meanwhile his skull appeared devoid of eyes for the moment, an eyeless beast with only a mouth... Until suddenly two opened where one would normally expect an eye, followed by 7 more along the entirety of his head, allowing him a full degree of vision around the room.

"Ahhhhhh, so much better! I wear that damn thing so often that sometimes I forget what the outside air feels like." His voice sounded even more eerie now that it was unmuffled, it seemed oddly deep for what appeared to be a gaunt, thin man. "Now then... I think you have just found the perfect way to scratch your itch, while also keeping true to your father's memory. Kudos to you child, few would see such an opportunity before them in your position. Gather the information and knowledge of the world like your father wanted, but then put it to your uses; mass distribution. Arm the people with this knowledge, that they may defend themselves from the tyranny of the shinobi villages!"

He rose from his chair triumphantly, swinging his arms wildly as he spoke his mind with such fervor. You'd think he was a poet performing a dramatic reading of his magnum opus. When he finished, though his head was turned away from her, an eye in the back of his head would glimmer for a moment as it stared back at Suzume. "This almost sounds like a cause I could support. An endeavor that I would be willing to assist in. After all, I trust you would not prevent me from enlightening the world to the truth of my lord... right?" At the end there, his voice turned ominous for a second. Knowledge was important, but knowledge was useless without truth... his truth.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Suzume watched the man unmask himself with interest. Naturally because of her father's state she was no stranger to grotesque figures and strange appearances, but that didn't mean she wasn't intrigued when she saw something new. Her eyes traveled from the feelers on his head to his mouth and searched for his eyes until they began to appear. "To love and adore a god who made you what many would abhor... that requires a faith like no other." she remarked. It wasn't an idle statement but rather almost an admiration. She didn't agree with his faith, that was certain, but that didn't mean she couldn't admire him for it and his steadfastness in it.

His act and presentation as he spoke of her own goals brought a smile to her face, not one that was forced or simply softened her features. It was almost the smile of an entertained child, a state of mind she had never truly taken part in, at least not since her father discovered her. Her smile only faded as he brought up joining the organization himself and the woman found herself smiling in a more adult manner. "I would never stop you." she said. "I would only ask a favor of you." she added, standing from her chair and stretching before walking over to stand in front of him. "I only ask that you do not visit this enlightenment upon other members... unless they ask you for it of course."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 pm

Suzume's smile served to fill Asura's heart with happiness, as did her comment about his faith. He turned and bowed before her, revealing the eyes atop his head as he did so. "Your actions and words bring me joy like no other, Suzume. My faith is stalwart, unbreakable... But it is not for everyone." He moved on to the topic of his enlightenment, his tone too grew serious as he turned to face her. "You see child, I have no intention of bringing anyone undeserving or unwilling into the folds of K'thnguh's embrace. The only exception would be those who threaten me... and I assure you, they will not enjoy that embrace for very long. It will be Jashin who claims them, not K'thnguh."

He paused a moment afterwards, crossing his arms in thought as the girl mentioned those who 'ask for it'... and a memory returned to him. "Ahhh... Are you considering accepting my gift after all, young Suzume? I promise you will not regret it. Oh, and my grotesque appearance is not the only possibility of my lord's boon, you could emerge from the process far different from me. It could be subtle, unnoticeable even... or it could be even more monstrous than myself. It's all in his hands, child. But yes, I would grant the power to any who ask it of me, if I feel they are worthy." He uncrossed his arms and went back to his chair, just as the tea kettle began whistling in the kitchen.

"I believe that's for you, yes?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 pm

The mention of Jashin brought a bit of a chuckle from Suzume. "Now Jashin I know of. One of my father's most trusted friends was a priestess of Jashin... though I haven't seen her in many years." she admitted, sitting in thought a moment as went on to ask if she might accept his offered gift. "I'm... considering it." she admitted, shifting where she stood as the tea kettle began to sing. With a sigh she turned and went to take the kettle from the heat, adding a pouch of tea leaves to steep for a few minutes. "Come with me while that finishes." she told Asura, motioning him to follow her as she crossed the floor to a simple wall.

She turned the ring on her hand and pressed her flat palm against the wall, the shape of the ring pressing into a similar shape in the wood which unlocked the door. Pushing forward the door pushed inward, and then slid aside, revealing the contents of the room of the building next door. It was an ornate room, dark hardwood floors and dark decor on the walls, a desk on the otherside almost as a check in. Suzume motioned for Asura to follow as she crossed the room to the desk and took a small box from it.

"I would love to see what resources you would bring to Chishiki, Asura. And how the resources we have could help you in your faith. While I consider your offer, I have one for you." she picked up a book from the desk as well and opened it to a blank page, offering him a quill before withdrawing a small necklace from the box. "Sign the book in blood, and join us my friend." she said, holding the necklace for him to see with the Chishiki symbol upon it.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Asura grinned from ear to ear as the woman explained her interest in his gift, and giggled with delight as she ushered him through the secret wall. "Hehehehe, fancy. I love secrets." This was far more visually appealing than the dojo behind him, ornate decoration and dark woods giving the whole place a rather lavish appearance. As the crossed the room, she explained herself, and her intentions to invite Asura to join with this organization. The book and amulet were presented to him, and with a chuckle he removed a kunai... and promptly shoved it into his stomach.

He bled for a few moments, dripping to the floor below him, and coating the blade in his blood. When he removed the blade, the wound began to close on it's own, and the organs inside were repaired or replaced as needed. "My pen is ready, I suppose. Although I would advise no one touch this blood. I'm unsure if my gift lay within my blood or just my flesh." He smiled before writing his first name along the paper; it would have to be enough. "I don't identify with my old life anymore. Don't expect me to use my surname." He slipped the kunai into his pouch again and took the pendant from Suzuke, pulling it over his head while the feelers in the back of his head twitched and wriggled to position the necklace where it needed to go. While the chain was hidden within his garb, only the amulet itself would hang outside, dangling along his collar.

"Hmm.... Fits like a glove."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 pm

'Giddy' was not a word Suzume had thought she could use to describe the man with her, but it certainly seemed apt as she opened the secret wall and led him inside. She couldn't help a chuckle as he signed his name in blood and expressed concern over his gift. Looking at him with a smile on her face she moved her hand and put it right over his signature, looking at him for a moment in silence as nothing happened before moving her hand away. She poured a powder over the signature before blowing the excess off the page and closing the book, setting it back in the desk. "The paper is infused with my chakra. Trick my father taught me, negates the power in one's blood so that no matter what one's ability is they can sign the book." she said smirking a bit. "I once tried to recruit a man who couldn't touch anyone, his skin was poison. Poor man." she mused, also setting the box back on the desk as Asura pulled on the pendant and she smiled at him.

"Well then, welcome to Chishiki, Asura-Sama."

Return to “Other Countries”