[PB] Investigations

ShinobiTruth & Aes Sedai only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[PB] Investigations

Post by Willoria » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:58 pm

[Plotboard] When it hits the Fan The entire mining village was built into the side of a mountain, the only way in and out a winding path from down below. It isn't steep but it is narrow at points, causing deliveries to sometimes be delayed as larger wagons have trouble with the path. At the bottom of the path stands a young woman, waiting for the boy she was told to meet. She is about eighteen years old, long dark brown hair that has been pulled back into a single braid, and dark brown eyes. Her left arm is missing below the elbow, and her face covered in dark dirt. She wore a pair of dark pants and shirt with long sleeves, the left one tied below where her arm ended.

Seemed bored, a walking stick leaned up against the stone beside her as she fiddled with her fingers and waited. "I am so tired of playing guide to visitors..." she muttered, shaking her head.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

ShinobiTruth

[PB] Investigations

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:24 am

Ookuri was nothing if not punctual. He’d made certain to carefully review the dossier he’d been provided. This mission was different than others he’d taken up to this point. This mission was the first big step in his tag toward becoming one worthy of inheriting the Raikage’s seat. Though perhaps he was being a bit naive to think so, he couldn’t help but feel that there was much riding on this mission. It wasn’t just about him, either... He wanted to make sure he could be a leader that could protect Yasu and, with any luck, find a better way to harness the Genma for the village’s betterment. No one else should have to make the sacrifices she’d had to, even for the sake of the village.

As such, he was treating this mission with an even greater level of seriousness than normal. He arrived fifteen minutes prior to the appointed time provided to his guide. Dropping down from his elevated position, as he’d been dashing through the trees and mountaintops, Ookuri arrived with little fanfare. His eyes quickly caught sight of the guide he’d been instructed to meet with. With a salute and a slight bow, he greeted the woman. ”Hello. Arashiyama Ookurikara, Kumogakure Shinobi, reporting for duty, Miss,” he reported calmly.

He had to quell his inner excitement. This was a mission. Success and failure alike had consequences. He could not let selfish gain distract him from completing this mission competently.

Willoria

[PB] Investigations

Post by Willoria » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:23 am

The young woman blinked for several moments as Ookuri seemed to suddenly drop down out of nowhere, giving him almost a slightly offended expression. She lifted her head and looked up to where he'd dropped from before making a sound between her teeth. "Needs a guide my ass...." she muttered, turning and grabbing her staff with her right, and only, hand before looking at him. "Kaede." she said simply in introduction, sighing before turning towards the path. "Stay with me, we don't want you falling now." she remarked, though her tone indicated she thought the idea of him falling was absurd.

'Seriously, who thinks this guy needs a guide? He practically dropped from a height, giddy as a school girl, that would have killed me. I'm so useless now they send me to guide the ones who don't even need it...' She kept her grumbled to herself, in her own mind. "One of the elders will meet you when we arrive..." she added. Though she was clearly feeling sour the girl was usually talkative, and found herself annoyed at the silence she herself had created between herself and this stranger.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

ShinobiTruth

[PB] Investigations

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:22 am

Already he had information he could use.

Right now, everyone was a potential suspect. This woman’s obvious discontent could hint at a motive behind whatever was happening in this village. With that being said, he also wasn’t going to automatically condemn her without sufficient evidence. Besides, she was tasked with guiding him, and she could be a valuable source of information for the time being. So instead of an accusation, he started conversation.

”I’m grateful for your guidance, Kaede-san, and I’m eager to meet with the elders... but you are also of this village. May I ask what you know of what’s happening here? What you’ve seen, what your thoughts are, what your suspicions are? Anything you can provide could potentially be invaluable to solving this mystery,” he asked inquisitively, expressing genuine interest in Kaede’s perspective.

Her physical deformities, and their implications, were not lost on Ookuri. Those who were disenfranchised by their communities due to things they could not control were often highly perceptive by necessity. This person’s observations could indeed be integral to completing this mission.

Willoria

[PB] Investigations

Post by Willoria » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:30 pm

Kaede had her back to Ookuri as they walked along, the path not quite wide enough for them to walk side by side as it was. She was glad for this though, as it left her able to roll her eyes as he began asking her questions. "Chatty chatty chatty..." she muttered into a heavy sigh, shaking her head as he asked her questions she knew so very little about. After all she knew he was there, she knew she was to guide him to the village, but what she knew beyond that, the 'why' for his presence, the girl knew next to nothing.

"Suspicions? Mystery? I really don't know what you mean." she remarked, suddenly stopping in her steps and turning to face him, a bored and annoyed expression on her face. "I'm here to guide you, that is all I know right now." she said, sighing again as she turned away and went to where the path seemed almost to end. But as they drew nearer, and the path fell away to a cliff, it became clear the path didn't just end, but it did narrow significantly. Marks in the ground made it clear, this is where carts and the like turned around, and Kaede would make clear why in a second. She pointed to the cliff wall they had been walking along side the entire time, and pointed to a small ledge that was maybe a foot wide. This ledge hugged the edge in place of the wide path, handholds cut into the stone made it clear.

"Don't fall." she told him first. "Keep yourself pressed to the edge, use the hand holds to keep your balance and just shuffle sideways." Of course, she gave him that instruction but hardly followed it herself. She walked one foot over the other, using her one good arm to hold the hand holds. She switched leasurely from one to the next, as if her missing arm didn't impede her at all, and as if the moments she let go of one hand hold to swing her hand to another wasn't terrifying.

ShinobiTruth

[PB] Investigations

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Kaede's frustration and irritation was palpable, but Ookuri worked to actively not allow that to affect him. The fact that she, despite being instructed to guide him to their village, was not informed about the purpose of his arrival was something worthy of note. It means that the nature of this case was being tightly controlled by the elders. He was curious about the bitterness that she seemed to hold, but that didn't seem related to the case at hand. He'd keep mental note of this woman. Despite her bristling, unwelcoming exterior, he still suspected that she might serve an important role in the investigation.

Reaching the rather narrow ledge, Ookuri understood why news about what had been occurring in this village might have taken so long to get out. The manners in which one could even travel to this mountain were limited. Channeling chakra into his feet for the Tree Walking Technique, Ookuri took Kaede's suggestion. The extra traction with his feet helped the movements go a bit more smoothly, shortening whatever gap might have naturally occurred between them due to Kaede's natural adaptations. He suspected that he might have been able to mimic what Kaede was doing, but there was no need to risk getting himself killed before the mission had even started in full.

"So... can you tell me a bit about what life is like for you in the village?" he asked, not having given up on trying to get an outside perspective on the place he was headed to. He was perhaps annoying persistent, but Ookuri knew that once he got there, the information he was going to get would be colored by the biases and perceptions of the elders... and there's no telling who was involved in these strange happenings in the village. "What type of mining does your village specialize in? Is there something your village makes with the ore, or does the village sell the ore raw?"

Return to “Lightning Empire”