Post-based points

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

Post-based points

Post by zippo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:41 am

Probably not a great idea, but might be genius to give mods leniency in their experience and workload: RP post points.

Basically, characters can earn points each time they post in the RP [it appears under their avatar], some forums also include word count requirements in them.

Cons:
-Great quality in the post becomes less important, observed, optional?
-This forum setup might not have user points?
-This forum setup might not allow forum-specific points earn via posting?

Pros:
-Process speed to get things updated increases [stats, jutsu, other mods, etc].
-If reviews still need to exist, the staff can skim to see if they put effort in it or not and can deduct points earned via posting [and if the setup allows staff to remove points from users or not, or else it may require admin request].

But it's just an idea that came to my head just now. Nothing important beyond that. If staff like it, have at it my friends.

Ace Trainer

Post-based points

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Because characters hold their own points, this wouldn't work as you would have one pool of points for all your characters.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Servant

Post-based points

Post by Servant » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:07 pm

So what you're saying is: "we can't change how we do things cause it would change how we do things"? From a guy who just said "who cares?" about revamping the entirety of the site... that seems like a completely valid response.

For the record, I'm not in favor of this but to summarily discard the suggestion in such a manner is ridiculous.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Ace Trainer

Post-based points

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:36 pm

?

There is a motivation for keeping points separate that we have maintained, literally every time it gets brought up, including during this most recent revamp. On the basis of that alone, having points tracked on the user profile doesn't work.

On top of that, if you would like to go into it, we stored points on profiles before (if you remember) and there were issues with points being tracked accurately, people forgetting to take them off, or mods just not checking things because they didn't feel like going into the profile to edit point totals. Not to mention the central philosophy of the forum, and this revamp has been about incentivizing roleplaying and consequently, post quality, which Zippo already acknowledged would be an issue for this change.

However, I was interested in how Zippo would address the points being pooled together or if he had other suggestions, because I don't think points per post is necessarily a bad thing.

So please save your faux outrage.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Joker

Post-based points

Post by Joker » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 pm

I've seen other places tackle that by creating an account for each character, with a mini-profile that says who it is OOC. So you'd lose all the cons of not tracking them, and Jcink supports account linking so you'd just mandate that much. Overall, I think you'd lose a lot of the cons, and you can set the points per post in the admin CP. While I don't think it was viable via Zetaboards, especially how clunky account linking was, it's definitely something that could be on the table here; well though you still have to contend with the individual quality issues.
My thread
Characters
NameRankVillagePlotboardsSocalsStat Total
Awai, RaizouChuuninKonohagakure[S:0 A:0 B:0 C:1 D:0]3 140

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

Post-based points

Post by zippo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:11 pm

Naturally, sure, you can involve multiple accounts but we would have to play with the cards we got [sub-accounts are a thing, but the culture of the RP didn't have it and currently might not want it atm. But subaccounts can add autonomy in many ways].

You would think the suggestion would be a hard task. However, this method can be achievable without misuse if those points beneath the avatar were ONLY used for what's described above: RP earnings.

And those RP points can be officialized in a mod. The number of posts in the thread can easily determine how much they've earned and can use in the mod. The staff approves and removes the allocated points from the miniprofile and into the user's profile. Or maybe the user can purchase directly in a mod with their earnings, creating a shortcut and lessening the need for reviewing threads [however, with cons included unless there's a potential avenue in that as well].

However, if reviews happen to still need to exist, then instead of placing it in a mod, it can be in the usual reviewing thread then with a simpler format.

In the end, the goal in this thread is to ease the workload for mods. An optional avenue for staff to apply. But maybe with further thought into it, some staff may find this not at all beneficial. However, the idea itself could stir something entirely new I've haven't even thought of in this thread.

P.S:
Although one's goal can include simplicity and optimization, a few things would have to be let go of and be seen with new eyes. Although I'm not saying it should happen: you could merge Mods with Topic Grading and perceive it as Mods all together [maybe renamed as Updates?]. Since the basic end goal is still the same: editing a profile.

Kabu

Post-based points

Post by Kabu » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm

That is a lot of extra work for mods with no tangible benefit for anyone.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post-based points

Post by Willoria » Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Honestly as someone who comes here for the story more than the system, I can't see a real benefit for this.

People would spam short posts with no real thought in them for the sake of getting more points. Threads would drag on needlessly long. Writing quality would drop significantly. For those of us who come here to write and for the story, it would take away our enjoyment of the site as this would incentivize bad writing habits and poor quality posts.

I understand most of the proposed pro's, but this one con is glaring in my mind, and one that I just can't see a work around for that wouldn't just call for us to go back to the system we already have in place.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post-based points

Post by Taiga » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:24 am

Pay by post could work if points were expanded. (x5 current everything).

Looking at grammar, spelling, length and other metrics to ensure payment equal to quality then pay out 1-5 points per post.

Though this would take a good amount of development work

Return to “Questions and Ideas”