Swan Dive

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Swan Dive

Post by Niro » Mon May 11, 2020 10:21 pm

Kinomichi lazily swung on the lone swing hanging from the poorly maintained swing set which decorated the backyard of one of the many Shinobi Academies dotting Iwagakure no Sato. The Academies primarily focused on training shinobi, yes, but the majority of the classes were young at the beginning and some form of recess helped both them and their instructors, the swing set being the lone addition by the village to help facilitate recess. His lime green, horizontal-pupil eyes scanned the yard and the building as he awaited some others who were dictated part of his new team. He was early, the sun just now rising above the tallest mountaintops surrounding the village. He drug his feet through the gravel, the gray dust sticking to his shoes and kicking up into the air as he tried to alleviate his boredom. Seriously, where were they? Some shinobi they were!

He wrapped his arms around the chains of the swing and gripped his right wrist with his left hand before dropping his head down onto them while he awaited the new arrivals.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Yura

Swan Dive

Post by Yura » Mon May 11, 2020 10:51 pm

Moriko was nervous as she walked through the streets of Iwagakure, on her way to meet the members of her new team. Mere hours before she had been called in to the Tsuchikage tower to discuss her assignment to the team. She had assumed at the time that she was going to meet her genin pals at the meeting, but when she arrived she found herself alone in a room with a singular Jounin.

You’re being placed on this team with a special assignment.” The Jounin had said when he called her into his office at the Tsuchikage’s office, “We need you to be the anchor that holds in place your teammates’ loyalties to Iwagakure. Both of them originated from areas outside of the village and only recently relocated here. They each come from circumstances that make their loyalties less than an absolute certainty. Your high marks in the academy and your family’s deep connections to the village make us confident that you will be able to make sure that they remain loyal to us.” He had explained.

It was an explanation that had left the young girl somewhat confused; she was no chuunin afterall. Heck, she was barely a genin! Was she really qualified to watch over not one but TWO other genin and ‘be the anchor for their loyalty’?!? Moriko let out a groan. It wasn’t like she really had much choice in the matter, it was either do it or get out and she certainly wasn’t about to abandon everything that she had worked for. Maybe it would be fun! Maybe the two other genin would be really cool! And they’d get along super well! A trio of butt-kicking cool kids that would become the best of friends and make the village proud! Yeah, she liked that thought. She could work with that.

She let random images of the trio doing awesome things on missions together fly through her mind like a slideshow as she walked through the front entrance of the academy, headed towards the rear playground. The Jounin had given her names and photos of each of the other genin so that she would know what they looked like, but not much else other than the singular command: Make sure that they remain loyal. She had known one of them as they had attended the academy together, but the other was a complete stranger to her.

As she walked out into the playground, Moriko looked around and almost immediately spotted a boy that looked like the one from the photo that she had been shown. With a bit of nervous excitement, Moriko half walked, half skipped, over to where the boy sat on the swing.

Ummm, excuse me!” She said in a bright and peppy tone as she came to a stop in front of the boy, “Are you Fukusha, Kinomichi?” She asked despite knowing the answer. Without really giving the boy a chance to answer, Moriko extended her hand and began to introduce herself, “I’m Takara, Moriko! I’m going to be one of the members of your team and…” Moriko paused her rambled introduction for a moment as she noticed the boys eyes, “Whoooaaa are those real?!” She asked as she leaned in closer to get a better look, oblivious to her invasion of the boy’s personal space, “They’re so pretty!”
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
SadakoGeninIwagakureTeam 13[color=#90D2D8]
Enkouten, MitsuoBanninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai[color=#ff2200]
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku[color=#fb8a00]
Takara, MorikoGeninIwagakure[color=#ffeb66]
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall[color=#8080ff]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Swan Dive

Post by Niro » Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 pm

His head still resting on his arms and his vision facing downwards, Kinomichi slowed his breathing and closed his eyes as he waited. His ears tried their best to differentiate the unique noises around the Academy, trying to improve his ability to rely on his other senses. They picked up on her first; her feet crunching on gravel as she moved across the field and to him. Her half-skips reverberated throughout the ground, his feet picking up on the vibrations as she closed in. Just as she closed in on him, his eyes snapped open and his head whipped up.

Why the hell was she so close!?

Immediately she announced her name and extended a hand, which he gingerly shook, before completely annihilating the concept of personal space. Kinomichi jerked back in his swing, the sudden weight displacement being enough to send him toppling backwards and onto the gravel, his legs flying just past the girls head.

"Hnnng....yeah, I'm Kinomichi. And yeah, they're real. Back up dammit!" Kinomichi groaned from his spot on the gravel floor as he shifted himself onto his elbows and then back onto his feet.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Swan Dive

Post by Kao » Mon May 11, 2020 11:31 pm

Nothing would have pleased Setsuna more than being able to stay home that day. She had been dreading meeting her new teammates since she had received the notice and she fully intended to skip the meeting, but her mother had practically dragged her out of bed. It was her duty to represent her father, the woman said, so if the village wanted her to work with other genin then she would have to oblige. The kunoichi had never agreed to any of this: moving to Iwa, attending the Academy, becoming a shinobi. Not once was she asked what she would prefer. But Setsuna knew there was no point in arguing so she made her way down to the designated place with her lips twisted into the tiniest scowl.

When she approached the area Setsuna immediately recognized Moriko by her long blond hair and the unmistakable spring in her step. The other kid must have been...her other teammate. Kino-something. The girl watched their encounter for a few seconds, and when the boy fell over Setsuna took that as her cue to make herself known. "Don't tell me they stuck me on a team with a klutz and a spazz," she droned, looking between the two with an utterly unamused expression. "You haven't changed at all, Moriko."
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Yura

Swan Dive

Post by Yura » Mon May 11, 2020 11:41 pm

Eeep!” Moriko squeaked, bringing her hands to her mouth as Kinomichi fell backwards off the swing. Clearly she had gotten too close to the boy. Smooth, Momo, real smooth, she thought, berating herself. “Oh my gosh are you okay?!” She asked with an air of concern as she quickly hurried around the side of the swing and knelt down beside the boy, “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to get so close and freak you out, I just saw your eyes and they were so different and cool an-”

"You haven't changed at all, Moriko."

With a sudden snap of her head to the left, Moriko’s eyes fell upon the source of the familiar voice that had said her name. “SETSUNA-CHAN!” she exclaimed, all concern that she had had for Kinomichi suddenly gone, as she quite literally launched herself toward the other girl from her crouched position. With her arms flung out wide, Moriko crashed into the other girl and wrapped her arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace. “It’s been so long! I haven’t seen you since the academy! How have you been?” She peppered poor Setsuna with questions all without releasing her grip on the girl, once again oblivious to her likely obvious discomfort. When she finally did let go, she stepped back with a smile on her face and her hands on her hips. “I was so glad when I heard we were going to be on a team together!” She said to Setsuna, “Oh! That over there is Kinomichi, our other teammate.” She turned and pointed to the boy before leaning in closer to Setsuna, His eyes are reeeeaally cool looking.” She whispered.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Swan Dive

Post by Kao » Tue May 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Setsuna scrunched her face as her old classmate tackled her, and she squirmed in Moriko's hold. The younger girl was definitely the same as always: way too energetic and little sense of personal space. It was one of the reasons they were never too close in the Academy and Setsuna had never considered them friends, though Moriko's affectionate way of calling her 'Setsuna-chan' suggested otherwise. "'So long'? It's only been maybe a month. I've been fine, up until they surprised me with this team."

Curious about who the other teammate was, Setsuna leaned to the side to peer around Moriko. "Cool looking, huh? I suppose horse pupils are cool, but I thought Fukusha all had those dark eyes." With that she gave him a small curtsy, one that had clearly been practiced and perfected, but her expression didn't quite match the gesture. After she readjusted her hair and brushed off her cloak, the kunoichi added, "I'm Ishiwara Setsuna. Hopefully you aren't overly energetic as blondie here."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Swan Dive

Post by Niro » Wed May 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Kinomichi was trying to slow the annoying spinning in his head from his unscheduled meeting with the rough gravel of the schoolyard as he got up from his spot on it. The entrance of another voice made this boy physically groan. There was one, now two of them? And they knew each other? He was screwed, well and truly. If only one of them was enough to do him in so thoroughly already, he was dreading the addition of the second even more. The duo approached as his head finally stopped and his vision returned from its swim in the ocean.

Michi bowed slightly in retaliation to the curtsy from what he had been taught by those within the clan compound. "To some, they're the eyes of a godly being. Not something as lowly as a horse." Michi chided as his eyes flashed from their limegreen to the entrancing purple of the Shogo-zumi before returning back to the horizontal-bar shaped form. "And no, I'm not hiding an intravenous bag of pure sugar on my person unlike someone." He shot a blank look at Moriko before going back to wiping the gravel from the back of his outfit.

"I am Fukusha, Kinomichi. A pleasure to meet your acquaintances, Moriko, Setsuna-chan." He shot her a smirk at how Moriko called her. "I guess we'll be together as a team for the foreseeable future."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Amy

Swan Dive

Post by Amy » Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 am

Lifting her bag higher onto her shoulder, Minori glanced out the window of the academy, internalizing her sigh. She had been called here to pick up some research material that an old teacher had gathered for her but they had been standing around for nearly an hour now. The teacher meant well, asking after Minori’s mother and if she had found a team yet or decided to work alone and it was exhausting. She knew that it came from a good place and that it was good practice to stay and entertain which is why she was still there, but when she saw the group gathering a ways from the building, an escape offered itself to her.

"Ma’am, I hate to interrupt when you’ve been so kind to gather these resources for me but I’m supposed to meeting those other kids out there and I would hate to be late and make a poor first impression. If you’ll excuse me. "

Bowing her head slightly, Minori walked towards the group, hoping they wouldn’t mind being bothered. There were observations to be made and she focused on those, keeping a neutral look on her face. The boy was on his back, his muscles tense, likely annoyed by the highly energetic girl who had startled him in the first place. She had just made it within earshot just in time to hear the boy’s comment on horses.

"In some cultures horses are considered divine creatures, worthy of a king or warrior. There are worse things you could be compared to, isn't that right Michi? "

Her comment was accompanied by a friendly grin, first at her friend and then at each of the girls in turn. She guessed they were here for a team meeting, probably first time based on how out of sync they all were.

"Hope you don’t mind my intrusion. I couldn’t help but notice you all gathering and wonder what was going on. I’m Minori. Nice to meet you both." Another grin slid across her face as she resettled her bag again. She was pretty sure she recognized the two girls from the academy but she had taken a lot of special classes and couldn’t be sure. She only needed to stay long enough to make sure the teacher wouldn’t question her if she was watching.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Yura

Swan Dive

Post by Yura » Sat May 16, 2020 1:34 am

For the briefest moment, a small pout crossed Moriko’s face as she realized that she was the target of each of their jokes, but it was gone just as fast as it had appeared. Well excuuuuuuse me for being excited to meet new people! was what she wanted to say, feeling the slightest bit embarrassed. Her older siblings always said the same sorts of things about her, teased her for being so bright and bubbly and she sorta hated it. She often felt like they used it as a reason to avoid taking her seriously or used it to imply that she was simply ignorant to the way the world was. Was it really so bad that she liked to look on the bright side and bring a little bit of light and hope to the world??? Still, she did her best to not let it stop her from being who she was.

Moriko was just about to open her mouth and respond when a young girl suddenly appeared, addressing Kinomichi with an air of familiarity. She even called him Michi! Not Kinomichi, but Michi! It was rather odd, honestly, considering what a grouch he was. “Oh, uh, hi…” Moriko responded as the girl introduced herself, “I’m Takara, Moriko. We’re just here having a team meeting.” Moriko’s muted reaction to the girl’s arrival would likely surprise her new teammates, if at least just a little, but she wasn’t quite sure what to do with the girl. She seemed rather nice, respectful even. The name sounded familiar too, likely from the academy but she honestly couldn’t remember ever having a real interaction with the girl before now.

As she gave the girl a quick once over, Moriko noticed what appeared to be dark painted lines painted on the skin of the girl’s shoulder as the tops of them poked out of her shirt and suddenly, with her interest peaked, the typical Moriko came flooding back. “Oh my gosh, is that a tattoo?” She asked, pointing out the lines along Minori’s shoulder, “That’s so cool! Does it cover the whole shoulder?” She began taking a few steps closer to the girl to get a better look and then thought better of it when she remembered how Kinomichi had reacted she she got too close to him. "Oop, sorry." She said with a little laugh and a smile of her own, albeit one of mild embarrassment, "I was just curious, you don't have to answer if you don't wanna." C’mon Momo, no need for this girl to think you’re a spazz too.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Swan Dive

Post by Kao » Sat May 16, 2020 3:36 am

Setsuna was...unsure how she felt about Kinomichi calling her by name with such familiarity already. Her practiced smile twisted into a confused and yet marginally amused expression. It was too early to form any real opinion on the boy yet, but so far there was no red flag to signal that they wouldn't get along. 'Better than the alternative.' Since her attention had been on the boy she hadn't noticed immediately Moriko's pouting, but she saw the tail end of the expression as the girl quickly reverted back to her usual self. Before Setsuna could make a mental note of it a newcomer appeared, and for the moment Moriko's brief change went forgotten.

The redhead looked from the new girl to Kinomichi and back again. They were obviously familiar with each other on some level; Michi she had called him, how cute. Perhaps this was the time to get an outside perspective on their new teammate. She paused, looking to Moriko and raising her eyebrow at her rather lackluster reaction to the newcomer's appearance. After giving her a weird look that said, 'What's up with that?', Setsuna turned her attention to this Minori girl. "It's our first team meeting. I'm Ishiwara Setsuna," she said right after Moriko explained. When the blonde turned her attention to Minori's tattoo Setsuna rolled her eyes and gave a small sigh. "Yes, Moriko, the tattoo is interesting, but what's even more interesting is -" she pointed between Kinomichi and Minori several times, "the two of you. How do you know each other? Kinomichi-san doesn't seem like the talkative and sharing type. What secrets do we need to know about him?" Setsuna gave the girl an almost devilish smirk, hoping that Minori would bite and engage in a little gossip at Kinomichi's expense.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Swan Dive

Post by Niro » Sat May 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Michi's entire expression changed when he heard the oh-so-familiar voice of one Minori come drifting in on the wind. His frown and overall expression changed into one of excitement as he turned to her with a big smirk on his face.

"Thanks, Nori-chan. You're right, call me Horse Cock, ladies. I guess Horse can be my call sign, too." Michi articulated to the group of young women before him, emboldened by the sudden appearance of one of his good friends and Setsuna's eagerness to know his secrets aroused by it. He hoped the crude joke may put the redheaded girl off of digging too deep into his secrets and family history.

"Bigger question is, what are you doing here, Nori-chan? Still getting roped into helping the teachers even after graduating?" Michi teased the girl, his attention shifting from his new team mate to her quite readily showing just how close he was with the girl.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Amy

Swan Dive

Post by Amy » Sat May 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Interesting group, Nori mused to herself as they reacted to her sudden appearance. It seemed that she was right that they were having their first team meeting and to be honest none of them seemed very thrilled about it. The one who responded to her first, Moriko, seemed the most excited in general but also seemed to be holding herself back. Likely due to the lack of overall enthusiasm by the other girl, Setsuna, and Michi who was probably being his same old grumpy self before she arrived. He had tried that with her when they first met but she never let it bother her and eventually he gave up the act with her and acted like a normal human being. Well, most of the time.

"You can take a closer look if you want," Nori directed at Moriko, pulling her top further down so the girl could see how the pattern flowed down her bicep and curled around her chest and back. "It’s pretty intricate so you can get as close as you want."

The arm that she wasn’t showing off to the girl was soon wrapped around Michi’s shoulders despite that she had to stretch up just a little bit off her heels. "You don’t have to be so crude all of the time, you know. It’s okay to be nice sometimes, even if there’s no particular reason to. You’re lucky I needed to come here today so I could save you from yourself. I promise you no one here is going to call you Horse Cock. At least, not as a compliment."

Standing even further on her tip toes, Nori rested her chin on his shoulder, her arm hanging over his chest now. An amused smile sat her face, her eyes soft, as she looked at Setsuna. "Us? We’ve known each other for a while. We’re not anywhere near as interesting as you might think. He’s talkative enough if you can outlast his grumpiness. Don’t count on learning any secrets, though. He keeps those pretty close to his chest." She was purposefully vague as she answered the questions thrown her way. She was entirely correct, Michi did not like to share and so she certainly wasn’t going to do so for him.
My CharactersShow

Yura

Swan Dive

Post by Yura » Sun May 17, 2020 11:09 pm

As soon as she was given permission, Moriko took a few steps towards Minori to get a better look at the older girl’s tattoos. Conceptually, the tattoos seemed to be fairly simple, at least in Moriko’s eyes; they just appeared to be a bunch of lines after all. The actual work itself though was an intricate weave that appeared to wind all around Minori’s body, much more than Moriko had expected when she first asked. She had thought about getting a tattoo once too, y’know, but she could never seem to make up her mind. A pretty little butterfly on her shoulder, or a cute little fox on her leg! No no, definitely a little baby bird on her wrist. Or maybe all three! Or maybe none at all. Ah well, her mother would probably kill her if she got one anyway.

Did it hurt?” She asked Minori as she reached out a finger and traced one of the lines down the girl’s arm, having been oblivious to most of the conversation happening around her. She had caught bits and pieces of it while she had been inspecting the tattoos, but none of it seemed to really be directed at her. Even Kinomichi’s lewd comment had barely registered, though Minori’s retort did not go unnoticed and elicited a little giggle from Moriko. She was glad to know that it was possible for Kinomichi to warm up to people though. He did seem to be friendly with Minori after all.

Oh, Michi! Do you have tattoos too?” she asked with a quick turn of the head towards the boy, using the name that Minori had called him, “That’s why you’re all wrapped up right? To hide them?” She added, referencing the boy's numerous bandages wrapped tightly around his body.

The girl was too innocently nosy for her own good.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Swan Dive

Post by Kao » Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 am

"Will you two please stop saying 'horse cock'? There are children here." She jutted her thumb in Moriko's direction. The younger kunoichi was already distracted by Minori's tattoos, but she could only guess that her new teammate was too innocent for such raunchy comments. Setsuna wasn't exactly pure so the comments didn't bother her in particular, but there was something about Moriko's sunny disposition that made her feel obligated to preserve it.

Setsuna took note of Minori's response to her prodding. So there were indeed secrets to be learned, she thought to herself. It made him a bit more interesting, and at least knowing there were secrets to uncover gave her something to strive toward besides mere teamwork. Rather than continue to pry, the kunoichi gave Minori a knowing look, tilting her head to the side an allowing a tiny smile to form. But that smile faded as soon as Moriko asked about Kinomichi's bandages. "Moriko!" With a huff she grabbed the back of the girl's head and forced her down into a bow. "You don't ask why people are bandaged up when you first meet them. Have some tact, you're not that dense." With a slight nod of her head toward Kinomichi she added, "And you, don't be gross."

So this was her team: a girl who was a borderline airhead and a moody closet pervert. And there was now another girl sprinkled in who seemed to be a master of dancing around questions. How thrilling.

Setsuna let out a long and drawn-out sigh. "Now that the tedious introductions are out of the way, are we meant to do some sort of team building exercises or demonstrate our skills? Either way, I vote that Kinomichi-san goes first."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Swan Dive

Post by Niro » Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 pm

"I only said it because you popped up." Michi countered Nori, blowing her a raspberry as she talked to the others. He remained silent as they talked until the conversation switched to his bandages and the boy wanted to groan aloud but figured it may just be best to get it out of the way quickly. These girls would be his team mates for however long and they'd eventually see them.

I've got scales covering something like 90% of my body due to my own father experimenting on me and a summon. People already distrust the Fukusha, no need to give them even more of a reason with some sort of weird freak hybrid like me running around." Michi shrugged before lifting his right hand up to the bandages on his left shoulder and tugging on them to reveal the ruby red scales covering his flesh. He let them inspect them as they pleased before rewrapping the bandages to hide the scales.

"Sure? I'm down for whatever. Speaking of team stuff, Nori, you found one yet?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Amy

Swan Dive

Post by Amy » Sat May 23, 2020 11:05 pm

A smile and a shake of her head was directed at Moriko in response to her question. It was a pretty common one and she tended to just answer no when the question was asked out of pure curiosity rather than an interest in getting their own. And it seemed that the young girl was full of curiosity and questions, directing her next one at Michi. He had to know this was coming, whether it happened the first meeting or later on, it’s not like his teammates were just going to ignore his mostly bandaged body. Setsuna was trying desperately to rein the other girl in but it didn’t seem to be working out so well for her.

"What a good share session," she teased Michi. The joyful look on her face dropped pretty fast though when he directed a question her way. With a dramatic groan she pulled away from him, rolling her head along with her eyes. "Why no, for your information, I have not. Though if we are being honest it’s because I haven’t even started trying." Half lie. She had tried for a brief period of time but had gotten overwhelmed very quickly and had since stopped trying.

Taking a couple of quick, short steps back, Nori waved her hands at the group. "Enough about me, I’m simply here to observe. Perhaps watching your team training will help inspire me for what I should be looking for! Please, continue!" Mostly, she just wanted the attention off of her. Hopefully, Michi would behave and let her be nothing more than an observer. If he didn’t, he would have to know he’d hear about it later.
My CharactersShow

Yura

Swan Dive

Post by Yura » Tue May 26, 2020 11:25 pm

You don’t have to be so mean Setsuna-chaaaan!” Moriko whined with her face pointing towards the ground under the forceful grip of the older girl. When Setsuna finally removed her hand from Moriko’s head, the younger girl slowly lifted it and crossed her arms with a pout. “I was just curious…” She mumbled. Much to her surprise (and delight) though, Michi began removing his bandages to reveal dark ruby scales covering every inch of uncovered “skin”. Her sour pout quickly morphed into a look of astonished excitement, her eyes sparkling wide while her mouth hung open in awe. “That’s so cool…” she softly mumbled to herself, “Are they durable too?” She asked a bit louder, an honest question from the curious girl. She fought the urge to reach out and touch them to test for herself, figuring she had probably invaded Michi’s personal space enough for one day. Someday though, someday.

Do people really think they make you weird or a freak?” Moriko didn’t like that. On some level it made her sad, on another it made her angry. She may not know this boy yet, and he very well may turn out to be some weirdo after all, but his scales wouldn’t be the reason. People saying things like that were the kinds of things that made people hate themselves and the people around them. It was just plain mean! “Well if they do, don’t listen to them. Scales might make you different, but different isn’t always bad. Sometimes different is cool.” Moriko gave her new teammate a simple smile, hoping that he would find some form of reassurance in her words. She was going to have to work on her inspirational speeches.

Wait, Minori-san, you don’t have a team?” The young girl asked as she swung her head towards the older girl, “But you seem like so much fun! You should train with us until they find you a team to join!” She stated, clearly excited by the prospect. Hopefully her actual teammates would be equally as enthused...
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor

Kao

Swan Dive

Post by Kao » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:22 pm

As Kinomichi began to unwrap his bandages, Setsuna couldn’t help but lean slightly in for a better look. She had scolded Moriko for asking, but the boy’s willingness to, well, reveal himself made taking a look nearly irresistible. She took a small, barely audible intake of air when she saw the jewel-colored scales glimmering on his arms, and she cleared her throat and turned her body away from him. But despite herself she continued to look at the display out of the corner of her eye.

When he wrapped himself up she wiped away what little evidence of intrigue had crossed her face. Oh, there was a story there, she was sure of it. A familial experimentation, an inhuman mutation as a result. It was like he was pulled straight out of of her favorite horror novels. True, those stories often ended in glorious tragedy, but that wasn’t on her mind at the time.

”Ohhh, Moriko,” Setsuna quickly added right after the younger kunoichi invited Minori to train. “I’m sure she’s got better things to do than watch us awkwardly get to know each other.” Setsuna wanted to get the aforementioned awkward introductions out of the way, so she reached into her coat’s inner pockets. “Since Kinomichi-san graciously showed us his...lizard scales, l’ll go next.” The genin turned in a semi-circle, quickly finding some well used human-shaped targets a few dozen meters away. When she withdrew her hands from her cloak she pulled out six long and thin modified daggers, holding them between her fingers.

With a flourish she threw the daggers with her left and and then her right. Six dull, rapid thunks later the daggers found their way to the target’s stomach, outlining a a five-pointed star with one dagger landing in the middle. Setsuna then tilted her head in a little bow, somehow managing to not look very pleased with herself. “Moriko here likes to punch. And that concludes show-and-tell.”
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Swan Dive

Post by Niro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:12 pm

Michi stared Nori down as she admitted she had not found a team yet. His vision darted from one of the girls to the next before he rolled his tongue in his mouth in thought. "You should join ours. We've got the space and this IS the first team meeting and you're here already. No complaining or I'll tell your mom you're not making friends." Michi commented before switching back to what they had said to him.

"Yeah, they're as strong as I am. Basically a layer of armor just in case someone gets in close and I have to punch them. People conflate both 'Fukusha' with 'issue' and 'weird scales they don't understand' with 'issue' so people doubly don't like me. Makes walking around town a pain in the ass." Michi watched Setsuna's display of marksmanship and nodded in appreciation.

"So you two can fight pretty well and I...well, I light things on fire. Katon is my specialty at the moment with bits of clan taijutsu to fall back on in a pinch. I guess we can go grab some food or disperse and meet up tomorrow with some missions to do?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”