[Open] Park Place and Bored Walk

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 pm

It had already been a while since Hachigo had been purchased by the Military forces. Her unique structure was supposed to be a gift for someone of much better means, but that person had passed on. Even she realized how valuable she would have been for an individual. It must have been heart breaking. However, now she was living in the city. She was given a bunk house to reside in, but she immediately crashed through the bed and floor. As such, she attempted to find her own place. A few nights without a roof over her head taught her one very valuable thing. She did not need a roof over her head. She was made of pure metal. In essence, her entire body was a roof for her core.

So here she sat. On a bench, inside a park. Motionless. Most of the time when she did not have a mission to complete, she was found here. Her only observable movements were when one of the shinobi tried to remove her bag as litter and she would have to politely inform them it was hers. The bench could support her weight. She even had a small box with an address on it.
Hachigo
85 Quarry Park
Iwagakure no Sato

It was a plain letter box made from the same steel that made up her body. It was plain enough to avoid a presence in the most of the public, but if someone knew what they were looking for, it was easy enough to find. Especially if the statue sat next to it. Currently the letter box and her bag were all the possessions she had. She had yet to put anything in the bag either. She didn’t need to eat really. And what she did was Kouton Steel to replenish any damage. Not that a Genin like her did much in the way of receiving damage. She had not even been told the name of the Jounin she was supposed to report to yet.
WC: 335
Characters
NameRankVillageThreadsColor Code
HachigoGeninIwagakureTraining, 1#9aa3a3
Fushinkou MateGeninKirigakureTraining, 1#2e5f33
Aburame HotaruJouninKonohagakureN/A#400040

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Wed May 20, 2020 7:10 pm

It'd only been a few days since Shou entered the village. He was walking around like a country bumpkin, the massive size of the city just astounding. Far larger than any town he'd ever seen before, he drew a number of stares from the natives. Didn't help he was dressed like a heathen with wild unkept hair. Open vest, martial arts shorts and bandages on his hands were all he was wearing. No shirt, no shoes, no worries. Add to that on his back was literally everything he owned.

Ignoring the stares he continued walking about making his way and finally stumbling across a park. The fairly open spaces were a nice change of pace from the population dense buildings. Though as he strolled he came upon the most curious of statues. It was a woman just sitting on a bench. It was remarkably detailed. So much so the girl even had pores on her face. Had to have been made by magic he thought; no normal artist could make such an exquisite piece of art.

"That's amazing, the things ninja can do with magic. Simply astounding. Not only can they use it for conquest and fighting, they even use it to make beautiful works of art. I wonder if the Artist' name is anywhere nearby. Ah ha! Hachigo. Oh and there's an address... Its in the park? Strange...."

He complimented the artist for the beauty of the statue wondering what kind of mind could create something so astounding. Finding the little box nearby he read the name off but was instantly puzzled by the address listed on it. He scratched his head as he thought thoroughly confused as to why a ninja would live in a park. A vagrant like him made perfect sense but a ninja none at all.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Wed May 20, 2020 9:15 pm

As Hachigo was considering going to the field base for a new mission since her earlier one was canceled after she picked it up, some man crossed her path and looked her over. It was not uncommon for her to get some looks over. Seems this guy was considering her a statue. She was ‘dressed’ rather modestly. Her pants were made of bronze. Her high collared shirt was made of brass. In the center of her forehead was the Iwa symbol. And on the back of her hand was a diamond with a battle axe underneath it.

After he looked at her letter box and wondering why her address was in the park, Hachigo seemed responsible for clearing up the confusion. Her head turned towards the male. “That is because this is where I am most commonly found, Sir.” Standing up the ‘statue’ would turn and give a polite respectful bow. Just a bit over five feet tall, she was well under his height, and her footsteps were quite solid when she made her small steps to get into position. “Hello. I am Hachigo. Genin of Iwagakure no Sato. How may I assist you today?”

Her voice was rather monotone yet rang like it was being spoken through a metal tube, not unlike those found on ships to communicate to other decks. While she seemed to have short cut hair style similar to a bob cut, it did not react at all to the presence of wind. She really was 100% metal. Something even residents try to get used to.
WC: 260/595
Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Thu May 21, 2020 8:38 am

"Holy shit!

Shou would jump back startled bringing his fist up in a defensive stance. As the girl bowed and and introduced herself he'd relax a bit. Hmmm living statues. Does Iwa have more of them or is she unique? I bet getting hit by her feels like getting hit by a boulder. That's if shes solid metal though maybe shes just metal plated?

"My apologies, you surprised me. I'm new to the area. Name's Shou. Not to be rude but are you wearing metal paint or are you plated? No disrespect intended I'm simply fascinated."

He looked her over. She was clearly alive but there were a few things off. She didnt seem to be breathing except when she talked for one. Aside from that she was able to remain remarkably still. Most people get uncomfortable staying in one position for too long so either she was very disciplined or her body's senses were different from a normal person's.

He wondered whether she had been made or was born human and later changed to her current state. If it was the former Iwagakure was well ahead of the tech curve of everywhere else he's been. The magic of shinobi was simply amazing. It was a power he'd soon be able to learn for himself.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm

His startling reaction was of no surprise to Hachigo. It had happened quite a few times since her transformation. As she stood back up right, she heard the question of if she was just wearing the metal or was metal plated. Knowing firsthand many did not believe a simple explanation, she needed to provide a demonstration. Opening a hole in her chest all the way through she revealed her entire being was made of metal. Her core was safely tucked away in her stomach right now so it would be of no consequence to, let us say, open her heart? “No Sir. I am entire Steel. As further evidence I weigh 197 stones.”

Stone weight was probably a better tool for estimation in Iwagakure. Something she learned about on her last mission at the quarry. “Since you are new, do you require assistance finding your destination?” Hachigo really did not have a personal manner to her. She did not know of friendship, so she never tried to make any. If people talked to her, it was always for something she could do for them. As such she just went straight away to offering out her assistance. Sometimes people tried to make themselves look better to others so they would hide the fact that they had ulterior motives, so in order to save both of their times, or maybe to play along with them, the Koujin would try to reason out what their purpose was. Sometimes it was a direct hit. Other times a wild miss.
255/851
Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 pm

Shou's jaw actually dropped as stunned as he was when a hole opened right in her chest. It was unnerving to see a whole in the chest of the human form. He also discovered her clothes were t real persay. Seemed more likely they were simply an extension of the metal that made up her body.

For a moment he thought to punch her simply to see which was stronger her solid steel body or his fist. Then she offered him help and he felt guilty for even thinking the thought. Then again he wasn't sure if the attempt would insult her or not. She didn't really seem human. Her voice was flat and monotone and there seemed to be a distinct lack of emotion.

"Not really, I mean I didn't actually have a destination in mind just. I'm just sort of wondering and sight seeing as it were. If there's a dojo or combat center I'd enjoy that."

He was genuinely interested in the combat styles of the village. Then again... Maybe that wasnt such a good idea. Last time he challenged a dojo he ended up being chased out of the country. Now that was a fun time full of excitement and living on the edge. But now that he was closer to his goal, having found a shinobi village and about to get taught the secrets of their magic, he actually started thinking about long term plans. No... It wasn't time yet. He wasn't string enough just yet but soon perhaps...
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Fri May 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Hachigo simply looked at him as the hole in her chest closed. His slack jaw seemed to mean he had no idea what was possible in this world. Yet, a certain feeling she could share. As she moved her core back to the center of her chest, she thought about the Dojo question. “Many residents participate in combat training as they are Shinobi or have to keep fit. While there are many dojos in the Western District. Those pertain almost exclusively to Taijutsu. The fundamentals of Ninjutsu and Genjutsu are taught at the Academy. And some are a secret that someone from outside a house or even the village will never be able to learn.”

As if to demonstrate this point, the metal being held up a single hand, angled at 45 degrees with the middle finger curled inward. If she held her other hand up like that, it would form the Bird or Rooster Seal. Suddenly her entire body shifted to a matte bright blue to match the male’s eyes. Everything was the same blue and had lost its shine. But the details remained. “I specialize in Kouton, or Metal Release. It is the one thing that separated me from the nearly one thousand military slaves of Iwagakure no Sato. It is even rare within normal shinobi ranks.”

Releasing her hand seal and flashing it back, she adjusted her shine to have a semi-gloss beige skin tone. Black pants, red shirt, and a red strap around the high gloss metal plate on her forehead. Her eyes even held the matte blue in the right place as the outside of the eyes turned high gloss white and the pupils turned solid black.
Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:41 pm

"A taijutsu dojo would be fine I may not be a ninja yet but I'm a pretty good Martial Art...

His voice would trail off as he watched change color like a chameleon. As her whole body turned blue he'd stare in amazement. However, as her body turned to a human appearance his eyes would water a bit. Her eyes having matched his also matched those of his deceased mother. Biting the inside of his mouth so as to not break down in tears in front of a woman he barely knew. After collecting himself he'd give a smile and watch her wondering if she could change her coloration completely at will.

"I can't do any magic like that but I'm fairly good at busting heads the good ol' fashion way haha."

He'd give a light laugh and bounce on his feet doing a quick 1-2, jab-straight combo into the air. The whip like effect of the punching made a loud crack as his hands blurred before her eyes. As he punched he visualized an imaginary target at the end of his fist. Specifically the bastard that killed his mother. While he never lost himself in his emotions they did help get his adrenaline going so he could fight better.

"So which way to those Dojos, I want to challenge somebody."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Wed May 27, 2020 7:26 pm

Hachigo watched on pretty much like a robot trying to figure out why humans combed their hair as he seemed to get choked up and then started punching the air. His request was simple: He wanted to go to a Taijutsu Dojo to challenge someone. But that did involve two parts. Was his ultimate goal to go to a dojo or was it just to challenge someone? Taking up the same pose he did, though much slower, she started to jab her hands like he was, though again, much slower. She had not really gotten a good grip on her own weight and it was dragging her speed to abysmal levels. That and she tended to step through tatami mats and wood planks.

“If the mission is just to challenge someone, I can spar with you. Though I am not that well versed in Taijutsu. If the mission is to find a dojo, I can take you to the section of town twitch the most of them.” She always wanted to make sure that the orders were what was wanted. If a cave owner wanted to clear out a collapsed cave, she had to ask the purpose. If it was to rescue those trapped in there, she would absolutely clear the tunnel. If it was just to gain access to the shaft, she would create a new entry way that would not collapse. She learned before she was a shinobi that one did not obey without question, one obeyed without doubt.
Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sun May 31, 2020 1:32 am

He watched her punch and to be honest it was fairly bad. She was very rigid in he motions and the speed was like molasses. Then again maybe her being metal made her slow and choppy... but in that case wouldn't it be better to just stay human? As he watched her form his eyes analyzed her movements. The foundation was certainly there but it need work.

When she voiced her thoughts he was surprised by her suggestion to say the least. Not that he doubted her seeing her ninja magic, but the speed at which she moved didnt leave him to think she'd be much of a challenge. Then again being solid metal itd probably hurt to hit her hard... It was an interesting challenge to say the least. Would he be able to hit her without breaking his bones?

"The best way to get stronger is to constantly throw yourself at strong opponents. Sure you may lose, but you'll learn something in the process. Hence why I want to challenge a dojo. However, I've never fought anyone quite like you and it'd certainly make for an interesting story."

Be backed away a bit and raised his fist in an orthodox guard. He narrowed his eyes and looked at her as he started to slowly circle. He could do circles around her all day and shed never touch him. He already knew that much. That wasn't the point of the spar. No this was to familiarize himself fighting those with ninja magic.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:42 pm

So, his intent was to challenge stronger and more powerful opponents. And he stated he had never fought anyone like her. This led her to believe without any doubt, he wanted to face her at her best. In this case, she would be permitted to use her ninjutsu. Using her metal polish technique, her colors reverted down to a rather rough textured Matte Black. All over. No reflection. No shine. She then moved into a fighting stance similar to him. If she was going to learn anything it would be what a stance like this could offer.

Like a polished piece of silver, she further molded down into his stance. Feet apart slightly and fist raised up. It seemed like this position allowed for a bit of defense. There was much more material in front of her face than the rest of her body. With a moment’s thought, she took this and moved her arms, elbows down, until her fist were even with her shoulders. She knew, it didn’t matter if he took off her head. But his words rang to her. She may learn something in the process.

Slowly her hands moved back up to mimic his stance exactly ( maybe a few errors, since she didn’t know what the stance was supposed to do. However, internally she moved her core up to her head. Mostly unseen, but as it came to her neck, there was a bulge all round it before it vanished into her skull. She placed “herself” in a more dangerous portion. She can try and figure out from how he moves in relation to his head as that was the part he was currently protecting.

However, she had to get on his level in some manner. To that end, she quickly went through a series of hand seals, her black fist coating themselves with a silvery substance that seemed to harden instantly. “I am now ready.” She coldly stated as she resumed the stance.
Jutsu usedShow
*[color= slategray]Kouton • Steel Fists[/color]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will coat their hands in a silvery metal. This metal can sit on their hands for up to 3 posts before falling to useless pieces. The metal will turn into sharp 4 inch spikes at [Control] Speed that break if struck by a blow with more than [Control] Strength.
Last edited by Waterz on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:29 pm

He chuckled quietly to himself as he watched her match his stance as best she could. Well she certainly isnt the arrogant type and genuinely seems to be trying to learn. That's a plus. Noticing how the rest of her body turned remarkably dark, hed spot the change of metal over her fist. Though curious he had absolutely no idea what set it apart from the rest of her though avoiding it seemed like a good idea. As she already demonstrated the fact she lacks bones his primary method of disabling his opponents through accurate strikes was likely to be ineffective. So that left him with option two to beat her into submission.

A slight shift in his foot work as he moved forward hed start with a simple 1-2 strike against her forearms with the strength of an average adult male (5 strength), his fist moving with ease through the air to impact against her metallic limbs (5 speed). The impact stunned him; she really was made of metal though not necessarily as hard as what he was expecting.

"The purpose of my stance is to guard my face and weak points, though I'm assuming yours are different being made of metal and all. His a normal person made of flesh and bone gets struck in the nose or throat it'll become hard to breath, for example."

He wasnt sure why but her mimicking of his stance turned his standard spar in to a teaching moment. He felt that if she was going to copy him he should ensure she knew why he was doing what he did. Even if she didn't need it for herself she could use it to target other people.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Waterz

Post by Waterz » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:46 pm

As his hands landed on her forearms, the silvery metal shot out at a speed much akin to a thrown weapon (15 Speed). Though it only shot out about 4 inches so it didn’t touch him at all. He took his moment to explain the purpose of the stance. In an effort for him to get stronger, she should do the same. “Kouton is our Village’s Extension of Doton. Ninjutsu users refine their ability to control chakra and place that into the speed and power of their techniques. While I may be slow, my metal can potentially move faster than the average genin.”

She demonstrated this by mimicking his one two punch towards his forearms. While she was only moving with a child like speed (3 speed), the fist itself would land with much more weight behind it (9 strength). But as she would pull away, the spike would shoot out again. She purposefully blunted to ends since this was a spar and not a fight for life and limb. The spike shot out for a quite fierce jab (15 speed and strength). “Elements have different effects when they hit. The power of this effect is again determined by their ability to control Chakra. Kouton pretty much ignores these effects, making it one of the best against defenses as well as a superior wall.”

She stepped back and thought for just a second. “With this knowledge. I will now present an obstacle for the spar. Along the lines of what a ninjutsu user would use tactically versus a melee combatant.” Moving through her hands seals, a steel wall shot up in front of her four meters high. She placed her hands on the backside of the wall, causing spikes to leap from the front a half meter at the same speed as the spikes formed from her hands.
Jutsu UsedShow
15 control
*[color= slategray]Kouton • Wall[/color]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user causes a wall of steel with half-meter spikes on its front to emerge from the ground up to 4 meters in height at [Control] speed. This wall can block attacks up to [Control] strength, and crumbles to useless pieces after 3 posts. If the user so chooses within those 3 posts, or if the structure is not destroyed, they may from the spikes off at [Control] Speed and Strength.
Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:11 am

As the spikes extended out from her fist he was surprised. He hadn't expected such a neat trick. They seemed to be sharp and pointy and not all to pleasant for the receiving end. Rather than risk having holes put in his arms, he'd slap her arms outwards with his forward hand moving on the inside of her strikes(10 speed 10 strength).

As she backed away he'd listen to her words but remain focused on the spar. As she completed her seals a wall covered in spikes would begin rising from the earth before him. The wall was rising fairly quickly and rather than try to break through with brute force or attempt to run around Shou burst forward at a moderate speed gradually increasing(10→14). The wall had risen by 3 meters by the time he was near. Using the momentum of his run to propel him Shou would jump upwards slapping his palms on the top of the wall as he balanced himself on top.

Looking down in time he'd see her place her hands on the wall and launch the spikes off the front. His eyes went wide as he imagined the sort of pincushion he'd be had he not moved with speed and intent. The magic of shinobi was truly marvelous and not to be underestimated. He shivered in excitement as he dropped down from the top with an axe kick aimed at her shoulder. He'd jump backwards after, putting about 6ft between them guard back up.

"Sneaky lil bugger. You almost turned me into a pincushion. You ninja sure are a sneaky bunch with a devilish bag of tricks."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin