[Graded]You again?!

[closed] Iza & Aes Sedai

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Graded]You again?!

Post by Willoria » Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 pm

"If you're going to keep picking fights, especially with those so much stronger than you, then it is past time to get you a real Sensei. You'll meet him at the training ground indicated on the attached map, and you will not be late."

The note and the attached map confused the hell out of Karugata Asami, if only because there was no name attached. The content made it sound like someone was trying to do her a favor, and she had never had anyone try to do her a favor out of the kindness of their heart before. At least not before she had met Kazuki Ryu a few nights ago. Somehow though she doubted the note came from him or a member of his family, they would have just signed it wouldn't they? It left her wondering what was really going on. Was someone finally making a straight forward move to kill her? Would an assassin be waiting to end her life?

"At least then it'd be an interesting start to my day." she muttered to herself on the way out the door.

She dressed as she normally did, kept her weapons about her as she left her crappy apartment in the slums. Once more she reminded herself that she almost had enough money to buy something nicer, something outside the slums at least. She was really hoping to change her scenery soon. 'My name might scream slums to most, but I'm a shinobi now... I can afford something else finally... I don't have to be stuck here...' she told herself.

Of course when she'd finally find her way to the training ground and saw who was waiting for her she realized her concern was legitimate. There was indeed an assassin waiting for her, the question was, was he there to kill her or train her?

"Oh for fuck's sake..."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Barely a week since returning to Kirigakure and Shinji had been tasked with a rather annoying assignment. He had hoped to check in on the Kazuki twins, determine if they had made any progress on their own before deciding to involve himself in their training, there were also several others, friends so to speak that he was invested in seeing become stronger. He had no desire to add anyone else to that list of responsibilities, less they perhaps prove a more promising dagger candidate than Ryu. When his father told him of an assignment to train someone sworn to their family, he thought perhaps he referred to Mondai, an existing dagger though one that didn’t interest Shinji enough to take on as his personal apprentice.

When he had been told the name of his new charge, the young Jounin had almost defied his father for the first time in years. He wasn’t sure whose idea it was to place Asami under his responsibility. His father Izune often acted as his direct supervisor, giving his own assignments or relaying missions as ordered by the head of the Karagata family. His will was absolute, and any order received from his father was as binding as one from the Mizukage himself. What’s more he had been instructed to keep the girl alive for at least three months until it could be determined if she truly had any potential, that is unless she broke so severely that she no longer had any will to live. Some part of Shinjji hoped that he would be able to be rid of her sooner rather than later, though he supposed he would be satisfied if she learned to show respect.

The meeting had been decided at one of the many training grounds within the large shinobi district, this one in particular was a more swampy environment, an off shoot of one of the main rivers that flowed through the village the water had pooled into a large pond with several small islands of only a few meters wide with many mangrove style trees with sprawling roots connecting the patches of foliage. The mist hung low, enough to distort a figure from a distance and adding humidity to the area. It reminded Shinji slightly of the Land of rivers which he had passed through a few months ago while on a mission. Not his preferred terrain but he was accustomed to adapting and knowing how to navigate any environment and certainly it was an adequate place to dispose of a body, if not for being within one of the more respectable districts teeming with shinobi then certainly the muddy, murky waters beneath this veil of mist would greedily accept any offerings.

Shinji would be lying if he claimed the thought hadn’t crossed his mind, though he remembered his instructions, despite his rank and social standing he still had a few superiors and he would always respect his father and the others of the older generation of Karagata Jounin that helped manage family affairs. He smirked as Asami neared and came close enough to make out his figure, relishing in her displeasure. If he was going to be stuck with her he had to at least enjoy these moments as much as he could. “As I’m sure you’ve guessed I will be your instructor for the foreseeable future, by the time I’m done with you, you’ll either become strong or you’ll be dead. Personally, I don’t care which it is” he stated dryly. “Oh, and you can either call me Sensei or Shinjiro-sama from now on” he added, smirking beneath his mask.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sat May 23, 2020 7:13 pm

'Well that answers that question... he really is here to train me.' Asami thought to herself while simultaneously saying aloud, "I think I preferred calling you Shinjiro-Shithead." she muttered, sighing as she ran a hand through her hair and looked at him a moment. "...so you really are here to train me? You're not here to just lure me to a secluded area and dump my corpse?" Asami was legitimately surprised by the turn of events. In a lot of ways it raised more questions than it actually answered, but at least it answered that one.

The girl sighed heavily as she moved to stand within a few paces of Shinjiro, mentally cringing at what was coming next. "Alright then... do you prefer to just dig in or did you have questions to ask of me about my capabilities first.... Sensei?" She hated calling him any honorific with every fiber of her being. But as she picked the one that seemed less offensive to her, she also brought her hands together in front of her and gave a stiff bow, just as she would any trainer assigned to her. She hated every word, and every motion. But even someone as uncouth as Asami knew there were certain ways to do things, and ways that she shouldn't.

Earning the ire of a member of the Karagata for entertainment purposes was one thing, but earning the pure ire of the person assigned to train her was something else entirely. She had spent a couple years wishing someone would take the time to teach her, and now they were. Though she imagined it was as much his choice as hers, she still knew she had to at least try to respect that.

Of course, that didn't mean she wouldn't slip up from time to time.

"Any chance you at least know who left me the note or arranged this? Feels strange for someone to assign me a trainer without it being a fucking trap..."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Shinjiro’s vibrant lime green eyes shot an intense, dangerous look at her nickname for him. His hand twitched, opening and then clenching, visibly restraining himself from lashing out and striking her. His hearing was impeccable, as were his other senses and despite her soft words, barely a whisper the comment hadn’t escaped his notice. “Say that again and there will be consequences” he warned evenly, “The thought had crossed my mind” he admitted in regard to killing her and being done with it already. “Unfortunately I’ve been instructed not to kill you until you’re broken to the point of asking for death” he informed, might as well be transparent about it, though if she thought that meant she could afford to mouth off she would be very sorely mistaken. There were much worse things than death after all, though Shinji had made a personal decision to avoid any sexual advances toward her. After their last encounter he had indulged in the services of a brothel and accidentally killed a woman in his frenzied lust and agitated state. Evidently he had some issues with control after all and had learned the hard way that non-shinobi were far too fragile for him when provoked or lost to lust. He couldn’t let Vorashu take hold and it was apparent that the Genma’s influence had become prominent in his personality and decision making.

The talented assassin maintained his even, unnerving gaze, “I don’t need to know anything about your skillset. You will be trained in the Karagata way, you are a part of the same family after all…however distant” he admitted begrudgingly. He did however feel a great deal of satisfaction at the fact that she had actually called him Sensei, perhaps she might survive and become a valuable member of the family after all, perhaps though it remained unlikely. “You will experience pain beyond your understanding, you will learn to overcome it. You will face constant failure; you will accept your weakness and fight on until you learn to become strong. You will be engulfed in fear, you will learn to use it” he vowed a stoic promise to her. “And should you seek death I shall grant it but if you can persevere you will prove yourself worthy, you will have my respect and earn your place as a true shinobi, Karugata or not” he elaborated. He wondered if she had any idea of what she was really in for over the next few months. She had claimed that she would have traded places with him should she have the option, now she would have the opportunity to see what that really meant. For everything she would experience Shinjiro had already gone through himself, though his training started at the age of 2 and had lasted over the course of his life to this very day. Finally, he would address her question, “My orders come from someone high up in the Karagata family, who doesn’t matter, I’m as bound by this as you are” he explained. There was no backing out of this for either of them. In a way it was a trap and one that would surely change them both by the time they came out of it.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

In a way his presumptions about her simply annoyed the girl more. It wasn't that he assumed he could hurt her, or break her, she had very few doubts about that herself. It was his comments about not needing to know her skillset. In truth, she was certain that knowing them would tell him more about what she was capable of, but she stifled her instinct to call him out on it. Instead she pushed those thoughts down and instead simply sighed. Anticipating that combat was going to be a part of the training, she drew her two swords from her hips and held them in her hands as she looked at him.

She had always assumed training would begin with a spar, so why shouldn't this one?

Though in truth a spar was the last thing she wanted. He outpaced her by so much it was just going to be another session of getting her ass kicked. 'I hope Kazuki Yoshiko is ready to have me visit more often..." she thought to herself as she sighed and looked at Shinjiro. "I'm ready to begin when you are, Sensei." she said, her tone almost deadpan as she spoke and tried to bury her feelings about using the honorific.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Shinjiro was somewhat surprised that there hadn’t been any back talk from her. It seemed she understood the weight of his words, or at least thought she did. She was wary, resigned to her fate. That was a good start. He watched her draw her pair of tanto, Shinjiro of course was also known for wielding dual blades though his gave him a much greater range than hers, just another disadvantage she would be forced to attempt to overcome. He didn’t want to know her skillset because every trick she had was valuable, he was confident it wouldn’t make a difference but an assassin needed their secrets and their tactics if they were to have any hope of success. “From now on, I want you to try to kill me, at any potential opportunity, assume I will do the same. You must learn to be vigilant at all times, I could be anywhere, anything, ready to strike at your most vulnerable. Fail to notice the danger you’re in and you will be punished.” He warned, his words one she would have to carry with her long beyond this one training session. A true shinobi, an assassin of the Karagata family had to always be able to be on guard, not just ready to fight in a brawl but able to respond to others like them, professional killers.

The young assassin slowly put his hands in his pockets. He had no need for weapons against her, though he would still hold back considerably, learning what he could of his opponent. Training didn’t necessarily require direct open combat; in fact such a style of fighting was incredibly rare when one fought the way he had been taught. Nonetheless there were certainly occasions where one would have to fight for a prolonged period of time against another skilled combatant.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Asami was already on edge and wary, but she had expected a straight forward fight. She couldn't help but to pause as he said his piece, and then didn't even draw a weapon. She swallowed hard as she saw him put his hands in his pockets, and she sighed. That sigh was significant, as she resigned herself to failure and pain, if only because they would be necessary to learn more and to later, hopefully, succeed. She sheathed both her weapons, an act that probably surprised Shinjiro as much as it had surprised her when he didn't draw a weapon. But the sheathing was followed by a string of hand seals, and the mists came creeping in.

She had no idea if he had some trick or some way to see through the mists themselves, but she knew she had to at least take into account what she did know already. She knew she could not charge him head on and expect to win.

Her handseals were into a string as she did two techniques back to back, as the mists rolled in and just before her hands would be hidden in them, she finished the second set of seals to trigger her second technique. A Genjutsu.

Even as the mists spread and hopefully the smell of corpses would reach Shinjiro, Asami was hating herself. Feeling cowardly as fresh seals sprang up a water clone, and it was the clone that rushed into the fray. As the clone rushed in, attacking with both short swords and ready to go so far as to slam its forehead into Shinji's, Asami herself reminding hiding in the mists, silently cursing herself.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Hidden Mist Technique
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Kiri-nin
Kirigakure no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by Hidden Mist Ninja. After forming the required hand seals, the ninja creates a blanket of mist which covers the area around them. The mist covers 10x10x10m area. The mist limits the visibility of those inside to 4 meters in any direction. This technique lasts a number of posts equal to 1/2 the user's Chakra Pool.

*[Genjutsu • Smell Of The Deceased]
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, any victim that sees the user preforming the hand seals will be induced under the genjutsu. This causes the target to begin to smell rotting flesh and decaying bodies. The jutsu can cause nausea and vomiting from the target, depending on how sensitive their sense of smell is. The smell of the dead can also cause some mental stress on the target. This genjutsu lasts for three (3) posts.

*Suiton • Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user creates a clone of themselves comprised completely of suiton chakra. This clone has the users stats. It lasts for [Control/5] posts.

*[Toryu • Cobblestone Skeleton]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
A practitioner of Toryu is capable of attacking with every part of their body, even their heads. This Discipline represents the practitioner's capacity and experience with executing palm strikes, heel strikes, knee strikes, elbow strikes, and headbutts/skull bashes just as effectively as regular punches, kicks, and sword strikes. This Discipline allows the practitioner to consistently execute these kinds of attacks while minimizing or eliminating openings in their defenses or shock/damage they would experience while using these kinds of strikes.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 pm

Shinji smiled softly as Asami sheathed her weapons and called forth mists. She seemed to be a quick learner, able to shift her strategy and temper her seemingly reckless approach to fighting. “Good. One must be able to recognize the strength and intent of others at a glance. if possible, always avoid conflict with a stronger opponent. Self-preservation should be your only priority. When forced to fight; be swift, be ruthless and be unpredictable.” He advised, taking a full effort to ingrain the doctrines of his family's way at every possible opportunity. This would be the first time he had ever truly taken on a student and shared the way of his family. Typically, when Shinji fought, even in a spar his version of restraint was still so aggressive that his opponents went down in under a minute. The goal was to limit their exposure to his techniques, to not award any time for them to adapt or realize his capabilities, he would adapt his strategy according to the opponent, striking swiftly or observing cautiously and assessing weaknesses depending on their perceived level of skill.

In this case Asami had no choice but to fight a stronger opponent, he would come for her, it was just a matter of time. But if awarded time one would be wise to test and prepare as much as possible. Finally, as the scent of rotting flesh hit his nose Shinji would begin to advance slowly. He recognized the technique as a genjutsu but made no effort to dispel it. He wouldn’t be able to track her well by scent like this but he was also well accustomed to the smell and so it wouldn’t bother him. Even with the mist shrouding him he could feel her vibrations as she moved, remembering where she was positioned even if she became still, but naturally he would give no indication on his method of tracking her or even if he had one at all. He simply moved straight ahead, hands in his pockets, seemingly casual though there was unmistakably an aura of power emanating from him, one that should have been fully obvious already given what she knew of him and had seen previously. What he wanted her to learn however was the difference between innate power and the moment he switched to an actual intent to fight or kill.

The hooded assassin continued to casually advance as the water clone charged him, the dual slash was well coordinated, the clone’s stance solid. Though as the blades came toward Shinji’s chest he dropped to a knee suddenly, ducking his head down low as his left arm shot upward, piercing through the clones stomach, directing under where its ribcage would have been. In the same moment Shinji’s right hand had swiftly drawn a shuriken, his killing intent flaring for a brief instant as flicked the projectile backhandedly toward Asami’s actual location, flying horizontally through the air at 20 Speed and powered by equal strength with the intention of striking her center of body at the solar plexus. His own unique shuriken were 6 pointed with each prong about 2 inches in length, slightly larger than an average shuriken and with two additional prongs to make catching one more difficult and even grazing strikes more likely to cut deeply.
Jutsu UsedShow
Organ Harvester
A-Rank Maneuver
Prerequisite: [Deft Hands] [Medicine]
Utilizing immense speed, strength and precision the user is capable of thrusting one’s hand through another’s body so long as the user’s Strength is at least 10 higher than the opponents. This can be done to rip out an entire organ while keeping it intact, shatter an opponent’s rib-cage, sever a spine or simply run their hand entirely through the body of another causing catastrophic damage.
[Vibration Sense]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 40 Taijutsu, 38 Instinct, [Perception]
Becoming finely attuned with his sense of touch and even his ability to hear low frequencies Shinji had developed the ability to feel vibrations extremely acutely. He can detect the slightest movements within a radius of [(Taijutsu+Instinct)/2] x 5 meters through solid surfaces or water and (Taijutsu+Instinct)/2 through air. From this he can detect the size of anything moving around him and their direction as well as approximate weight. This is only effective on moving targets.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm

She hoped against hope he wouldn't find her, refusing to remark in answer to the things he said. Her strengths as a fighter suddenly felt like nothing, and that was before she heard the sound of her water clone coming apart. She thought briefly about transforming to make herself a smaller target, but with that thought came another and instantly the girl dropped. 'If my clone is done, he's coming straight for me now.' Of course making herself a smaller target didn't help her any and as she tried to drop down the shuriken cut through the mist. She couldn't stop a yelp as it cut straight across her chest and dug deep into her shoulder, the aim only slightly off due to her movement. She certainly hadn't been fast or strong enough to dodge it entirely.

She reached up a hand and with a sickening sound she threw the shuriken the same direction it had come from, hoping to hit Shinjiro with it. Blood ran down her skin already, but the girl wasn't about to stop now. Another thought came to her as she formed hand seals and suddenly expelled a conical torrent of water from her mouth in the direction she had sent the shuriken. But even that was a misdirect. Almost immediately her hands went into seals again and she propelled herself a short distance away, to where she had remembered seeing a spot of water among the swampy terrain.

From the water she would take her riskiest chance, and she would wait. Walking on the water with the appropriate basic technique, she took steps back and was funneling her chakra into the water beneath her, ready to use a final technique to try and trap him.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Suiton • Great Stream
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user expels a massive conical water torrent that drenches an area thoroughly, capable of soaking a meter down nearly instantly for soil and like materials. The cone has a base width of 15 meters and a range of 25 meters and travels at [Control] Speed, pushing things back with [Control] Strength.

*Suiton • Propel Leap
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra into their hands the user will fire two jets of water from their hand, essentially hurling and propelling themselves in the opposite direction of their jets as if thrown by [Control] Strength.

*Suiton • Pacifistic Domination
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Created to safely incapacitate opponents, after performing the correct hand seals, if the opponent is within 25 meters and is standing a top a body of water with the user's chakra in it, the user will begin to churn their chakra causing the water to turn into a vortex and engulf the opponent, trapping them in a vortex about two meters in diameter. Once the target is inside, the user must hold the last seal and cannot use any other techniques, capable of holding this for up to five posts. In order to escape, the target must have at least [Control] strength to physically make their way out, or the user must be disrupted. Most shinobi would pass out after two posts due to a lack of oxygen. However, if a target possesses an Endurance stat higher than 10, it would require three posts for them to pass out. Should the target possess an Endurance stat above 20, it would require five posts for them to pass out, but anything higher than 30 would allow them to resist passing out altogether.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 23, 2020 11:35 pm

As the shuriken flew through the air Shinji assessed Asami’s movements, her reaction was slightly delayed and not very precise. That meant that she didn’t have any accurate means of seeing through the mist herself, not an uncommon situation for a lower ranked shinobi to find themselves in even if they utilized the hidden mist jutsu. Often it was used to set up a retreat or to build on better navigation options that were developed as they progressed through their careers. Certainly, she would need to find some solution if she were to be an effective shinobi. As it stood now, her technique only assisted Shinji. He was prepared to prevent a lethal strike should she not manage to avoid one, though her slight twist and attempt at a dodge meant she at least anticipated the direction of the attack. “When your opponent is faster, stronger and even more skilled you must focus on survival, protect your vitals to the best of your ability; aorta, heart, jugular, carotid artery, brain, femoral artery, spine. These are your priorities, learn to anticipate the most likely attack, strive to react before an attack is even launched” he advised. He knew this sounded nearly impossible to develop this level of combat awareness but these were lessons he had mastered at a young age and put into practice even against the rogue kunoichi Zai when he sparred with her in Fur Country several years ago. He had managed to hold his own by knowing how an assassin thought, where she would attack, protecting pre-emptively and avoiding lethal blows.

The returning shuriken was effortlessly slapped out of the air, hitting it broadside with just enough force to stop its momentum and knock it to the ground as if he were shooing away a fly. He remained kneeling even as the wave of water was shot towards him. The sheer size of it was impressive, a massive wave 15 meters wide and though it was relatively slow with 10 Speed it would actually be rather difficult to evade unless he flew above it or went under it through the ground. That all seemed like more effort than he was prepared to put in for this spar however and so instead he simply braced and then launched himself forward through the wave just as it impacted him. Even within the water he could feel the vibrations, not sensing any hidden dangers. Emerging through the water as it crashed down and swept through the soft ground behind him Shinji came out completely soaked, sighing in slight annoyance. It had even knocked his hood back and made his mask uncomfortable. Pulling it down he spat out a mouthful of water. The ground was now covered in a thin layer of water, even as it spilled out into the nearby pond, raising the levels a little. The mist began to creep back in to the displaced areas from the large wave of water.

If he was this wet already there was no point in staying in soaked clothes if he didn’t have to. He had felt Asami move toward the water and was happy to follow her there. Dashing forward he gained a brief glow of green before transforming into a 4ft long freshwater Octopus and slipping into the water, moving in closer with the intent of positioning himself under her as the pattern of his flesh changed to a mottled brown color to blend in with the muddy and murky waters. It seemed that once again Asami’s inability to detect her opponents through unfavorable conditions would be her downfall. Shinji even had the ability to mask his chakra signature should he need to though thus far she hadn’t given any indication of having any kind of sensory abilities. Instead she would have to act on combat instincts and intuition, taking his advise to heart and anticipating likely attack strategies and acting accordingly even if she couldn’t actually locate her opponent. Unless Asami was able to interrupt him before he got into position he would slowly creep out his tentacles beneath her, wrapping around her ankles with powerful suctioned grip and dragging her under in, pulling her to the bottom in an attempt to drown her.
Jutsu UsedShow
Octopus
B-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1
Once in at least the first form Shinji can transform himself into either a common or giant octopus, ranging from about 20lbs and 4ft long to 100lbs and 15ft long. In this form Shinji gains all the abilities of an octopus, including being able to squeeze through small areas, suctioned tentacles, the ability to change color and pattern of his skin, the ability to cause localized paralysis with its bites and the ability to produce a 5x5 meter cloud of ink.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sat May 23, 2020 11:42 pm

She had expected a human Shinji. It was as if for a moment she had become so focused on keeping distance, she had forgotten about the thing that made him the most unique from any shinobi, and possibly the most dangerous of any she knew. She hadn't seen the octopus slide into the water and before she knew it she was dragged under with a scream that was quickly muffled by water. Her blood seeped into the water, clouding her vision even then, causing her to groan. Panic threatened to rear its ugly head and the girl had to stifle it down.

It took everything she had to force herself to think through what options she had left, and a moment later she was forming hand seals. She curled herself in the water, aiming for the octopus Shinji himself as she fired off the wind bullet while under the water. She had no idea if it would be effective in knocking him off of her, but the goal was to loosen his grip. Without waiting to see if she had freed herself, she formed the next set of seals to form wind chakra at the base of he feet and attempt to launch herself out of the water and onto the land.

Though she had so far managed to not entirely panic since being pulled under, the girl clearly had a single thought in her mind. That she needed to get away from Shinji and out of his grip.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Fuuton • Wind Bullet
D-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user expels a basket ball sized ball of wind from their mouth. This ball of wind travels up to 10m at [Control] speed, and explodes with [Control] Strength on contact with solid matter or at the end of its range.

*Fuuton • Enhanced Launch
D-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After doing the needed hand seals, the user gathers wind around their feet. Then, the user will use the wind to blast them from the ground, enabling them to leap into the air an extra 10 meters at [Control] speed. The Fuuton passive is not applied in this technique.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 24, 2020 1:15 am

It hadn't been entirely unexpected that he would be able to drag her under, he was a remarkably difficult opponent to fully anticipate after all. Nonetheless, attacks from below were a common tactic and one she would have to be careful to consider in the future. Once underwater Shinjiro was less forgiving, the wind bullet came towards him, impacting with a dull thud and barely scratching his remarkably muscular flesh. It wasn’t a bad tactic by any means, it simply wasn’t nearly enough to deter him not that much of anything would be, certainly nothing she could muster. But alas this was always fated to be a losing battle for her, what mattered was how she handled herself in a crisis. His grip would instinctively tighten, heavily bruising her ankles and lower legs. For a moment he had stopped trying to drag her under, recoiling to bite her right calf moments before the wind chakra was summoned from her feet.

She would be propelled to the surface of the water, though Shinjiro in his octopus form would be a stubborn and large deadweight, already her right leg would begin feeling the effects of paralysis spreading through the calf muscle as the roughly 30lb octopus wrapped its tentacles around her waist and back, climbing up her body with powerful grips and painful suction cups that would leave any area they touched red and sore. After just a second or two he would be upon her head, two tentacles wrapped around her neck, two each around her arms, one around her head and the last one attempting to shove its way uncomfortably down her throat. All together it would be very uncomfortable and difficult to focus on staying above water let alone fighting off the insurmountable strength of Shinji. He wanted her to experience pain and panic, to struggle to breathe and find herself trapped and being pulled back underwater should she be unable to focus on her chakra control amidst the pain and confusion. To add further difficulty to a seemingly impossible situation the octopus would spray black oily ink all over her head which would spread around to her face and pour down her neck making grabbing at the tentacles slippery and difficult as well as potentially impeding vision. Of course, Shinji would hold back just short of actually killing her, even if she sank beneath the surface but he would choke her unconscious if she was unable to defend herself.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 am

In trying to escape, Asami seemed to only torture herself more. She could see the surface of the water, and even stretch her hand out to get her fingers out into the open. But with the sheer weight of the octopus pulling her back she just couldn't get a breath. 'If only I had a jutsu to use Fuuton to get myself a pocket of breathable air...' she thought to herself, momentarily chuckling. 'Of all the times to have an idea for a new jutsu...' She struggled and kicked against the animal holding her down, even though she knew it was futile. Some part of her felt the panic rising as she realized a simple fact she wasn't ready to think about.

'This is training... but can I really trust him not to kill me? When I black out is he going to save me? I know for a fact he'd rather let me die...'

Screaming in frustration as the bubbles erupted from her mouth and she tried again and again to get free, the panic slowly taking over the rational mind as fear finally set in, the girl knew she was damned. But there was nothing she could do about it. As he climbed up on her head, her hands grasped and pulled at tentacles that were impossible to remove, the ink soon taking over the water and causing her eyes to burn. As the ink reached it, even her wound burned.

It wasn't long before she had expelled every effort she could and eyes rolled back in her head. Her struggling slowed to a halt and in the water her body went limp as she finally blacked out.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Shinji felt no remorse or hesitation as he effectively drowned the girl to unconsciousness, even shoving a tentacle down her throat to force her to take in water as he also constricted her throat from the outside. He wasn’t sure if this was her first near death experience, but it certainly wouldn’t be her last. Every day that the two trained together she would experience something similar or worse, eventually she would grow familiar with the peril, with pain, fear, suffering. They would all be constant companions, the closest thing to a friend in their time together and before long she would learn to find clarity in those moments. To realize whether or not she truly wished to live, to discover a reason worth existing for and to dig deep within herself to fight against all odds, though he suspected that that last one she already had, she may simply not realize why.

When he felt her body relax, her pulse slowing dramatically and the last of the bubbles of struggled breath fading away he knew he had to act quickly less she actually die. However, it was in that moment that he suddenly realized that there was much less a safety net in this training session. In his own training he had relied on the skills of his older sister Chiasa to keep him alive, she was both his torturer and his savior, developing a dysfunctional bond of hatred and dependence but in the end he owed his strength more to her than anyone else. That was the type of training he would focus on with Asami, though unlike his sister Shinji was not a medical ninja, though he did have a remarkable level of understanding of human anatomy and functions, she had taught him that much at least in efforts to hone his precision of lethal strikes.

Releasing her neck, Shinji quickly pulled Asami ashore, transforming back to his human form in an instant. Chest compressions were first, deep and painful they would leave extensive bruising and sore, potentially cracked ribs but it would keep her heart pumping blood throughout her body. Next came mouth to mouth resuscitation, forcing air into her lungs and encouraging the water to be forcibly ejected as he alternated between breaths and compressions, resulting in her spitting forth a significant amount of water. He would check her pulse to make sure she was stable as he kneeled over her, water beading off his face and pouring off his soaked clothes. His face remained stoic, vibrant green eyes staring patiently with only the slightest sign of what might be apprehensive. He couldn’t let her die on the first day, their training had barely begun and if she thought he was going to take it easy on her after just one drowning then she was sorely mistaken. Assuming her eyes would open he would stare down at her, at first seeming perhaps a saviour but make no mistake this was a reaper watching over her. In his haste he had forgotten to neutralize the poison in his saliva, with any luck she would think it still the effects of the paralyzing bite on her calf as the rest of her body began to grow numb and slowly lose function. “Are you ready to know true pain? True terror? Your training has only just begun” he warned grimly.
Poison UsedShow
[Shinigami’s Kiss] (Four 250ml bottles)
A-Rank Coating Poison
A poison utilized by Shinjiro in order to render his victim's helpless, paralyzed from the neck down. In its original state this thick poison has a grey coloration though when infused in Shinjiro’s body it can be applied from any of his bodily fluids including his blood, saliva or sweat. Just a few drops introduced to the victim's system via entry though skin contact, blood stream or mucous membrane is enough for the poison to begin taking effect. It will begin as a slight tingling sensation in the area surrounding the entry point of the poison, before developing into full blown paresthesia of the entire body before the paralysis sets in. Once the paralysis is in place, it will prevent the victim from controlling their conscious motor functions. They will still be able to breath, their heart will continue to function as normal, but they will have no conscious control over their body. The only part not affected is their ability to move their eyes, slightly turn their head, and their ability to speak.
• Onset Time: 1 Post after Introduction
• Run Time: 5 Posts
• Effect: Full-Body Paralysis
Last edited by Izanagi on Sun May 24, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sun May 24, 2020 2:41 pm

She dreamed.

She was floating in the ocean. On her back with her arms stretched out she made little circles in the water to keep herself moving. But as she did so a great ship came upon her. She saw the fearsome banners flapping in the wind, shields on either side with angry sigils emblazoned on them. The ship ran over the top of her, thrusting her into the water kicking and screaming. The wood slammed into her back as she rolled. For a moment she glimpsed icey blue eyes looking down at her, a mask over his face as he reached to take her hand.

Asami came to consciousness violently, coughing and spewing water everywhere as she turned to one side and vomited up the water repeatedly. She could feel the bruising both in and around her throat, and a tingling on her lips. Some part of her wanted to make a joke about him obviously having given her mouth to mouth, but she stifled the inclination as she turned her head to look at Shinji. "I'm ready for whatever you're going to dish out." she said, her voice even quieter than usual and hoarse from the damage done to her.

She tried to sit up, intending on standing but as she sat up she noticed immediately the paralysis in her leg and the weakness her body felt from nearly dying. She grimaced and turned to look at Shinjiro. "You'd think a real Sensei wouldn't have to kiss his student to revive her."

'Seriously?! Do I have no control over this shit?!'

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Shinji watched her evenly, carefully measuring his own emotions, he had to remember his own training, not let animal instincts take over. He had thought he would enjoy making her suffer, in breaking her until he could be permitted, to kill her. But he didn’t, he felt almost sadness as he recalled his own suffering, the suffering of his younger siblings, ones that had died or washed out from the training, returned to the slums or merchant district, whichever it was the came from. As far as he was aware only his elder brother was actually mothered by a shinobi, one that had been paid well for Izune to take sole custody. His elder sister mother was one of their own household slaves, and though they had each come to realize it she was never allowed to properly bond with her. On the day he had been chosen to become a Jinchuuriki Shinji had stood up to his father for the first time, demanded that they take in no more children to train, that he was enough. He would be his father’s perfect legacy. As the youngest of Izune’s three living children Shinjiro had proven to be a prodigy and grown to become his fathers favorite. Izune had listened to the request and not even punished Shinji for the suggestion and they had never spoken of it again since. And now here Shinji was, training someone else in the same way.

But this was different, Asami was not one of his half-siblings and she wasn’t a child like they had all been when their training began. Whether or not she survived was not up to him, he would do his part but ultimately her fate was in her own hands, a test of her will. He respected her words, but he didn’t believe them, nobody could be truly ready. He had said the same thing, even after his training when he had been sealed with Vorashu and still that pain was unlike anything he had experienced. His entire body shattered, fire burning through his veins. That was not a pain anyone could endure without screaming out. He smiled pleasantly, his mask down still, though his eyes remained lifeless, an unsettling combination to say the least. “That ‘kiss’ is going to be the best part of your day” he whispered, as he slowly drew the black bladed Katana over his right shoulder. “This…is agony, your new friend” he introduced, waiting a few moments until he was sure Asami realized the paralysis had spread, causing her to collapse onto her side, only able to barely move her head and talk. He brought the blade close, letting her stare at the groves in it and the sheen and polish of the remarkably sharp black surface. A coating of grey liquid could be seen within the groves, the same poison she was already exposed to so it would be of no consequence to get a slight secondary exposure.

The real secret was within this fearsome blade itself, a curse of pain. He brought the blade close to her neck but then raised it slightly, turning and nicking her ear, a normally harmless motion, trickling forth blood but of no ordinary concern. Except for the pain that would rack her entire body, pain no beating or broken bones could ever simulate or prepare for. “Curse me as much as you like, hate me, scream, give in and become familiar with this feeling. It will get easier in time” he promised, though he had certainly accelerated the training. He had never felt anything this bad until his sealing, if she could retain her will to live after this then he would take her seriously as a training candidate.
Weapon UsedShow
Agony
Sheathed across Shinji’s back with the handle over his right shoulder this Katana measures 32 inches total with a blade length of 26 inches. The blade is black in color and has small groves along the length of the blade for storing and transferring poison across the blade and down to the tip of the sword. The Strength and Durability of this sword is 35 and it will repair any damage done to it over the course of 1 full post. The true unique nature of the blade however is that any being that is cut by its edge, so long as they have chakra will feel an immense surge of pain throughout their entire body; this agony is comparable to every nerve in the body being exposed, making every movement excruciatingly painful and every sensation enhanced to extreme levels. This pain persists for 2 full posts after being cut. Only Shinjiro may wield this weapon with anyone else who uses it for the purpose of combat experiencing the its pain effect so long as they remain in contact with the weapon.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Asami breathed deeply, but the hands holding her up as she sat up suddenly slipped and she fell back. She turned towards her side but found much of her body just wouldn't respond. Before long it would be her entire body, and she realized she was wholly paralyzed. Her eyes shifted to look at Shinjiro as he spoke, shifting again to the blade as he brought it out to show it to her. 'He's certainly enjoying this isn't he...' she thought to herself as he brought the blade closer. She could see every detail of it, even the poison. She waited, expecting him to slit her throat with the weapon, but instead was surprised to only feel a nick against her ear. Of course that nick brought with it something entirely different.

Her eyes slammed shut, a grunt escaped her lips as she fought against the pain suddenly spreading through her entire body. It was like a fire spreading across her, but before it got far she forced herself to speak just once more. "I don't... can't... hate.... you." It was all she could get over before the pain took over and she screamed. Her body couldn't even react to the pain, her back would not arch, her fingers and toes could not curl. The pain came alive across every part of her body and she screamed but it was all she could do. Even the paints and makeup that made up her visual temporary armor, a thing she took so much of her confidence in a simple small symbolism were gone, all that was left was the pale scarred flesh and blue eyes. Every part of her screaming in agony as tears ran down her cheeks from the corner of her eyes without sobs to accompany them.

There was no holding back on this, and there was no feigning strength here.

Control was gone. So was the illusion of it.

Her screams echoed off the mists hovering over the pair of them as she felt like she was being torn apart from every fiber of her being. For once, all she wanted to do was pass out, but that relief did not come.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Shinjiro’s gaze remained steadfast, intense as the pain racked Asami’s body. But her words surprised him, caused his expression to falter. If anyone had a reason to hate him it was her, he couldn’t understand what exactly she meant by that but he knew she would be in no position to elaborate for at least an agonizingly long minute or so as the pain coursed through her body. Her bloodcurdling scream shook through him, bringing with it, painful memories. Like him, whatever innocence and naivety she had, whatever her stubborn defiance she clung to, they would be removed, washed away in the face of insurmountable pain. This would not be the last time she felt the touch of his blade though, he knew not to overwork her. “Be reborn, become empty, a weapon for the village. Life is meaningless, when we take a life, we take nothing of value, but we can serve. We can realize the cruelty and suffering in this world and embrace it, make it our strength.” He told her softly, his words heavy as he recited various pieces of mantras that had been drilled into him over the years, among many others. To this day he still believed in them, despite some influences that had expanded his mind to other possibilities. In the end he fell back on his training in times of conflict, it had kept him alive this long, helped him find his power and made him into possibly the strongest weapon the Mizukage had at his disposal. So revered in fact that he had even been employed by iwagakure, assisting in world altering missions that could only be trusted to S-rank calibre shinobi.

Asami would continue to be racked with pain for a little while longer but when it left her, she would have passed a trial that few others could boast. It would mark the end of her first lesson under the training of Karagata Shinjiro. He would wait until the pain had nearly left her, when it was still unclear how much longer the agony would last. “Do you want to die? I can end it for you, grant you true peace, true freedom. Just say the word” he whispered, placing the side of her head on his lap, holding her hair gently as he kneeled before her. The assassin would look her directly in her eyes as his sword hovered inches from her neck.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sun May 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Her screams would slowly die down, though not due to any lessening of the pain. Her throat, her voice, slowly they gave out as the pain became a slow and constant reality. Tears still trickled down her cheeks in a steady flow, her blue eyes closing as he breathing evened. It was almost like she was sleeping, if not for the involuntary twitching and shaking of her body from the pain which she could not stop due to the paralysis. Her screams had been reduced to constant whimpers, the pain bringing with it hallucinations all of its own.

First she saw dancing blackened flames across her own body, when her screams were at their worst. Then came the icy waters she could not fight against, setting an all new pain within her limbs. Every moment her body might begin to grow used to the pain a new hallucination would set in as if it were lighting the pain aflame anew.

At some point her eyes fluttered open and the whimpers would not stop, but as Shinji leaned over her, even holding her with a gentleness she hadn't know he possessed, she saw something new. Beside him she saw her own transformation, the form of the Dread Wolf standing over her and beside Shinjiro. The blue flame atop a wolf's skull with mixtures of black and grey fur the wolf laughed. The sound was low and guttural but somehow a comfort to Asami. She heard Shinjiro's words and her unfocused eyes shifted slowly to him. She could feel him holding her gently, fingers intertwined in her hair and the cold blade not so far from her throat. If she could smile, she might have. "N-never." she managed in a hoarse whisper. "Th-the... Dread... Wolf... says no." she added, an odd sort of laugh coming from her lips in place of her whimpers and screams, even as the pain wracked her still.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 24, 2020 5:51 pm

He felt a small shred of sympathy for her in these moments, bonded by his own experience with such pain and despair. Now she could begin to understand him and so too he could find it in him to respect her. The muscular teenager held her, his facial features handsome and youthful despite the empty, weathered look of his eyes and the slight stubble that had grown on his jawline. The sword lowered slightly, pressing just to her skin, prepared to draw a lethal cut, a simple motion, steady pressure was all it would take. Shinjiro was prepared to do it, he would not hesitate, and he would quickly bury any remorse should she utter the simple word of ‘yes’, but she didn’t. The ruthless assassin smiled softly, sheathing the sword in a fluid motion, bringing with it a satisfying sound as it found its place back in the sheath on his back.

What she said next send chills through him, for the second time she had said something he didn’t quite understand. Though at least this one, perhaps even both could be attributed to the delusion that came with pain too great for the mind to process. He knew the feeling all too well. Within ten seconds of her words the pain seemed to evaporate from her body. Shinjiro focused throughout his own body, neutralizing the poison in his fluids before leaning forward and kissing her again, tenderly as water continued to run down his face, drawing out the poison in her body as the pain began to fade away. So too would she slowly feel control over her body again. “Then I accept you, as my student and a dagger of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist” he decided on a whim, he couldn’t explain it but he just felt that it was the right choice to make. No longer did he feel shackled to her, it was his choice now that he would train her and see her become an exceptional shinobi.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sun May 24, 2020 6:06 pm

None of this had gone how Asami had thought it would. The moment she had seen who her Sensei would be, she was certain she would feel pain ten times worse than she felt in their first meeting. While technically true, she somehow found what she was going through to be more bearable than before. Some part of her knew her animosity towards him was fading, just wasn't entirely sure why. Just that she was starting to like him. The pain finally began to fade from her body and her breathing slowly evened out. Her hallucination, the vision of her own Dread Wolf form faded away and all she saw was Shinjiro leaning over her. She saw him sheath the blade, feeling a sense of relief as it clicked home in its place. Though it surprised her as he leaned forward and kissed her again.

She hadn't yet realized the origin of the full body paralysis she had felt, and had no idea the kiss was the cure for it. She only knew that as he kissed her, she could move again. Water dripped from his hair, his face, onto her own and for a brief moment, perhaps even as he'd start to pull away, she instead lifted her head to keep the intimate contact for just a moment longer. 'Why did I do that?' she asked herself, parts of her mind still in a bit of a fog as she slowly recovered from the pain and heard what came next.

At first she gave him a confused look. She knew he had been tasked with training her, but she knew there was no way he could be ordered to take her on as a Dagger for the Seven. Even with what little she knew of the organization, she knew that was a choice for every member. But as her confusion passed, she couldn't help a small smile. "To think, all I had to do was almost die..." she said quietly, her voice still a little hoarse as she chuckled and soon was coughing once more. The girl shifted to lay on her stomach as she finished coughing, finally getting the last drops of water out of her lungs it seemed before tilting her head to look at him. "Now why couldn't you have kissed me like that the first time?" she teased. "That would have been a better first." she added, still laughing a bit. She knew there was a chance he might be insulted by it, but she hoped he'd actually find it a bit funny.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sun May 31, 2020 11:27 pm

The kiss wasn’t so much one of passion as it was one of a gained respect and purposeful in removing the poison, though Shinji was certainly surprised when she embraced it and even returned the kiss, leaning into it. He wasn’t sure exactly what to make of that, pulling away with a pondering gaze. He looked over her form, soaking wet her shirt clung to her skin, the white fabric translucent and though she wore a black sports bra some cleavage and curves couldn’t be hidden. Her upper chest and right shoulder continued to bleed, and he too noticed the thick ridged scars of his claw marks, only the edge of which was visible above her bra. Near her left breast. She was wounded and vulnerable, easy prey and it seemed she might even be willing for more this time.

Leaning over her from a kneeling position Shinjiro sat back a little as she rolled over to her stomach. He wasn’t sure what she meant at first, he had kissed her before after all and arguably that one was much more passionate though aggressive rather than tender and controlled. He couldn’t begin to imagine how a woman thought in either situation, he only knew what he craved and the impulses that drove him as well as the conflicting restraint and emotional blocking that had been drilled into him throughout his life. Shinjiro scoffed lightly, smirking in surprise and slight amusement, “So you like it more gentle then? Is all that attitude of yours just an act? Are you really a big softy after all?” he teased lightly, smiling softly though his eyes remained guarded, distant. His eyes narrowed as she stated the kiss from last week had been her first. “Oh that’s it? Wouldn’t have figured you for having no experience. You’re strong, at least mentally, you should really get it over with before someone uses it against you” he advised, he wouldn’t force himself on her or even make a direct advance, however. She had earned that much at least and now he had taken her on as a true apprentice, her standing had been elevated greatly or at least it would be as soon as he made it official.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:42 pm

She saw him watching over her, and for several moments she really wasn't sure what she thought of that. In some moments his gaze seemed to hold interest, and yet in other moments it seemed to show a violence, the same that had scared her before. She managed to painfully push herself up off the ground and onto her hands and knees before shifting back to sit on her backside. One leg tucked under her, the other stretched out in front of her, she felt like she was still trying to catch her breath. It was as if she still felt the pain even tho it had long since subsided. Her own mental debate was interrupted as Shinjiro teased her and she couldn't help shooting him a playful glare and a smirk, but as he clearly realized her lack of experience a blush suddenly returned to her cheeks.

Suddenly looking down at her hands she started out stammering. "I... uh..." She cleared her throat and shook her head, as if shaking off her own nerves though in truth, it only partially worked. "I've never had any interest in anyone I guess." She admitted, still staring down at her hands in her lap. "But you're not wrong. I'm getting old enough, getting far enough in rank as a shinobi, that it could be a liability."

When she finally managed to turn and look at Shinjiro, a thought struck her from what she had said before, and even he had said, about the kisses that had been shared between them, if sharing was even a proper word for it. "The first time... honestly that was more like kissing a wild ravenous animal. I was nothing more than a meal." she admitted, albeit quietly. "Uh but this one? I guess I liked it better because... well... it was you. Not that thing in you." She was worried she might offend him, referring to the genma in him as a 'thing', but no other words came to her mind to describe the difference between the two kisses.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Shinjiro stared at her evenly as he listened to her explanation. It seemed sensible enough, he had been the same until recently, so focused on training and performing his duties that he hadn’t taken the time to pursue any form of intimacy. It didn’t help that affection was something he had been largely deprived of until recently, only slowly through friendships such as Zekka and Yuuto had he come to allow himself to care about others at all, the first hug he could remember was only last year from his cousin and then a couple months ago he kissed that Kazuki girl, the closest thing he had experienced to any kind of romantic intimacy until then. It had been so shocking and foreign to cope with that he had nearly lost control of the Genma within him. Since then he had learned to embrace and enjoy physical attractions to others, getting a little handsy with Chisaki and kissing her as well as having sex with a woman he met in Iwagakure recently. That had spurned perhaps too strong of a desire for more, if his temptations toward Asami were any indication and the brothel he had visited after their last encounter was enough to prove that he had to work much harder to develop restraint.

He only nodded in agreement at her assessment. A shinobi had to remove all vulnerabilities to the best of their ability, personal attachments, sentiments of emotional value, these things were a luxury one had to be prepared to strip away when necessary. The assassin considered Asami’s comparison, his face becoming stern and contemplative. He didn’t like feeling like he lacked control over Vorashu, that his impulses were not entirely his own. It was an admission that the Genma had changed him, that it had been winning small victories over the years that had largely gone unnoticed. He could feel it inside him even now, lurking, waiting and reveling in the truth that Shinjiro was becoming more and more like an animal and less like the calloused, stoic assassin that he had been raised to be. ‘You see it don’t you? Your heart quickens, your mind revels in it, you feel alive when you embrace your impulses, let them drive you’ Vorashu spoke, low and haunting, echoing through his mind. ‘The humans, the way they shackle you and strip your freedom, cloud your mind with wretched talk of duty. It’s unnatural’ the Genma insisted, its words reverberating through him.

Shinji’s eyes widened slightly at something she said, not in anger but rather an almost hopeful look. “There is no me. Only what I was trained to be and what this damn beast forces me to feel” he admitted darkly. It was a concept he had been internally struggling with for years. Was there anything that was uniquely him? He could fit in well enough if he tried, enjoy time with his friends doing normal things but did that mean anything in the end? Or was that just an act he put on in desperation to have his own identity to feel some sense of normal? He wasn’t entirely sure, he only knew that he only ever felt himself when he was able to embrace the more violent and disturbed parts of himself, around those like Maido and Chisaki, people others would consider monsters. Perhaps that’s what he was too. In a way Vorashu was right, it was when he let his restraints slip away that he could feel some sense of happiness and pleasure. “Come on” he said, standing fully and reaching out a hand, “You should get patched up and get some rest” he realized. She had been through a lot, that was enough for a first training session. He had determined her conviction and decided she had potential after all.

Willoria

You again?!

Post by Willoria » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:04 pm

She wasn't entirely sure what possessed her to do it, but as Shinji admitted he was practically only the beast and his training, her hand lashed out and grabbed his forearm. The movement had been quick, but the touch was gentle as she used it to get him to look at her. "You still exist." she told him flatly. She wasn't sure why this suddenly became so important to her, but it did. She knew the training today and the training to come would be literal torture. And she hadn't missed the fact that her pain had hardly stirred a reaction in him. Yet somehow that struck a cord with her, she found herself determined to find, to see, and perhaps to know the man beneath the surface. Breaking through his training and the beast within however could be an impossible task.

'If I had ever read one of those stupid fiction novels, I'd say I've been reading too many.' she thought, chiding herself. She knew what she was feeling was foolish. In a village like Kiri such a goal was downright stupid, and yet the thought nagged at her.

Some part of her wanted to argue with him, to push him to admitting moments he could feel, and yet she stifled the urge. She knew she had already pushed her luck today, and her body felt wrecked from the training. She was simply too exhausted. She watched him stand and took his offered hand to stand, nodding slowly as he said she needed patched up. "I have a friend I'll go see." she said, sighing quietly, betraying her mistrust of most medics by making it clear she'd rather go see Ryu's mother than go to a clinic. But as she started to walk away she suddenly stopped and turned to look at him a moment.

"If I'm to be your Dagger then I think that means I have other commitments to fill too..." she admitted quietly, her mind going back to the first time they'd met. "You should think on where you want me to get that tattoo, and what design." She offered a small smile before starting her way down the path towards Ryu's home for help with her wounds.

Izanagi

You again?!

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Shinji didn’t react at first when she grabbed his arm, he had no reason to, but her words and the look in her eye when she said them. Something about that struck deeper. He wasn’t sure what to make of it exactly, life, existence didn’t have much value to him. But he had long yearned to find reasons worth living, beyond just duty, perhaps even beyond simple physical pleasures. He had come close to finding it, discovered friendship in a number of individuals but he had also been forced to remember how fickle those relationships were, how quickly he might have to cut them off. In the end, even friendships were just a form of suffering waiting to happen. Life in any of its forms seemed filled with misery and only death could offer true peace. His vibrant green eyes, despite their intensity, seemed empty when one looked deep enough. Still, for whatever reason he could discern that she seemed to care.

He helped her up, part of him still wondering what the point in existence was beyond duty or primal pleasures such as sex and the rush of power that came from killing and dominating. Shinji made an affirmative noise as she spoke of a friend who could heal, “Good, you’ll meet me in two days, same time, at my manor. I’ll make sure the district guards are informed” he assured, for as a full Karagata and Jinchuuriki naturally his household was in the innermost circle, home to nobles and clansmen and typically off-limits to average shinobi and certainly citizens that weren’t among the wealthiest class. Despite that however he had actually attended the second academy located in the shinobi district, the same district most training grounds and shinobi encounters took place in such as their current area. The teenage Jinchuuriki watched as she began to walk off, tilting his head slightly in interest as she mentioned other commitments. He huffed lightly before smirking, having nearly forgotten about that deal in the haze of everything that had happened afterward. “I will” he assured, speaking lowly as he imagined her naked and considered where best he should mark her with the family sigil.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”