Healing of Old Wounds

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 am

The streets of Konoha were abuzz today. From Isuzu's bedside balcony, he could hear the humming of busy chatter and clatter of wooden sandals on cobblestones. This sound had come to be something of a comfort to the old genin, as he frequented that balcony often. Infront of him on his table laid a notebook, where he'd write down amusing observations while people watching, or some strange occurrence that'd happened. Today was a pretty bad day for that hobby, however, as it seemed everything was running smoothly - it was just one of those days it seemed. The sun was shining with a cool breeze blowing, and everyone was just chipper. With a stretch and a yawn, Zu rose for his chair and entered back into his bedroom, ready to start the day.

--

He exited his house around 9:30 AM to grab a bite to eat for himself. There was a dumpling shop down the street that Isuzu visited regularly. He'd become quite good friends with the owner of the place, now on a first name basis with the man. Upon opening the door, a small bell rang overhead. "Isuzu! Welcome! What'll it today? The Spicy Egg Dumpling, I bet, hmm?" He spoke loudly, no doubt everyone in the room now knew who the newest patron was. Ichiro was always such a cheerful man. It wasn't uncommon for Isuzu to come in when he was feeling down, as a greeting from Ichi always made him feel like the most important person in the room. "Yeah, that'll do it." The boy say down at a small table for two in the back. He liked this seat becaue of the window located directly behind it, overlooking a small koi pond in the back. He pulled out the same notebook and began scribbling some notes in it. He'd been researching a new set of sealing techniques, and he was constantly writing down any thoughts that jumped into his mind to allow for proper research later on.

"Here you go, my friend. On the house!" Ichi was always giving Isuzu things "on the house", but all this meant to Isuzu was he'd incorporate the price of the dumplings into his tip. "Thank you, Ichi-san" The genin bowed, as he always did to everyone upon first speaking. As the owner walked away, Zu grabbed his chopsticks with one hand and plopped a dumpling in his mouth, while still holding a pen and scribbling notes with the other hand.

Nakamura, Takeshi | A-rank MN | Kirigakure
Hinoshi, Isuzu | Genin | Konohagakure
Ishiguro, Kisuke | Chuunin | Kumogakure

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Director » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 am

Fanho strolled through the streets of Konoha, his hands tucked in his pockets. He greeted the local citizens as he was somewhat of a well known shinobi. He was close to the Hokage, head of Katameru, and one of the busiest shinobi. He didn't see himself the same way, humility was more so his own speed remembering where he came from, and that he wasn't the best. He had made a lot of mistakes on his rise to the top, a lot he had to learn from, and in-fact he was still learning. He hadn't learned all that he could, but he knew this. Wisdom came not from age, nor entirely from experience, but listening, learning, and biding ones time to take it all in.

Foreshadowing his thoughts turned to the one day he recklessly used a B-rank jutsu in a spar. Against another Genin. Fanho knew better than to not now, but back then he was caught up in the moment. He hadn't learned to control his chakra and jutsu to a finer point. It was the opposite of what Fanho wanted to be in the village, so he had to strive to be better. Rather than make excuses and consistently apologize, he set out to correct an issue. He was stronger, better, and faster than before. However that wouldn't entirely heal things. It had been forever since Fanho had even seen Isuzu or talked to him. He wasn't sure if the guy was still a shinobi, but he sure hoped he was. He had promising talent.

The young Jounin strolled into a dumpling shop, he was feeling it today as it was his day off. It was a perfect day for dumplings. He looked and saw a young Genin about his own age eating, seldom scribbling notes down. Fanho took a seat at the bar as the owner Ichi came to greet him. "What'll it be son?" The Awai's eyes strolled over the menu as he settled on pork ones that sounded extremely delicious. "I think I'll try the pork, but not the entire pig you know?" The owner gave a slight chuckle at the pun before rolling his eyes. "I'll hold on the whole hog son."

The Jounin sat at the bar as he rubbed his chin pulling out a notepad that listed his duties for Mamorinuku tomorrow. Paper work, work of paper, and more paper work seemed to stack on-top. As the owner came back with dumplings he placed them in-front of Fanho before noticing the notepad. "So you're in Mamorinuku huh?" Fanho looked up surprised as he smiled before nodding. "Yeah, I'm the head of the Katameru. I ended up taking Kawa's place since his passing." He spoke seldom, it was hard to remember the dead, but always mindful to be respectful.

Ichi's eyebrows fluttered as he nodded before tapping the bar. "So you're that Awai kid that's taken it over. Fanho right?" He gave a smirk as he began to wipe down the rest of the bar with a sigh before glancing back up at him. "Well keep doing what you're doing. You're earning the respect of us like Kawa did. Maybe you'll even be Lord Hokage some day too." The young Jounin looked at his dumplings as if the gravity of what was being said set in. He was being looked at not only by the Kage himself as a proponent, but some of the other villagers. He was being noticed, recognized, and it was oddly grounding. "Well thank you. I'll do my best." He said seldomly losing his sense of humor for a minute as he took in the situation.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

The young genin's interest was piqued hearing Ichi speak so fondly of someone. He normally only acted that way to his regulars - but this wasn't a guy Isuzu recognized at all - or at least not from the back. He tried to get a good glance at the guy, but it seemed like he was taking a seat at the bar. "...Hmm. Mamorinuku. And the head of the Katameru? Who was that, again..." The genin leaned back in his seat and placed his hand on his chin in a thinking fashion. He'd learned of the organization before leaving initially, but he remembered seeing some additional information, or hearing Gene talk about it here or there. He'd be lying if he claimed he himself did not have an interest in joining them someday. He cut his eyes back to the figure who'd caused such an uprising from Ichi when that name was said. "...Fanho..." The name that'd caused Isuzu such anguish in the past, both physical and emotional. So he'd become stronger. No surprise there, he clearly had skill and was borderline chuunin level when they'd fought years ago, and there were scars to prove it. Hopefully, Isuzu could finish his meal and sneak out..

"Actually, I want you to meet someone - one sec." Ichi was talking to the Mamorinuku man now, but Isuzu had a feeling he already knew what was coming next. "Hey, Isuzu! Come and grab a seat at the bar. There's someone here I think you should meet." Isuzu felt the sweat forming on his forehead as the various patrons in the establishment looked towards him. "N-n-no, I'm fine, r-real.." Ichi gave him the look a father gives his son when what he'd just said wasn't a question - but a command. "Come on, Zu. I insist" The way the words were said implied Ichi would take personal offense if Isuzu refused. Without speaking again, Isuzu closed his notebook and found his way towards the bar, grabbing a seat by the man whom he could now see looked nearly his age. "...Great, another guy my age who's way more advanced than me. Serves me right, I suppose..." As he looked upon him more, the genin began to feel an uneasy feeling as the scar on his arm began to sting a little.

"Well, there we go. That wasn't so hard, huh?" Ichi said, smiling at his matchmaking abilities. "This here's Isuzu. Isuzu, this is Fanho. He's big time, so I figured you may want to rub elbows. Bah, look at me over here yammering. The two of ya, get acquainted. I've got a business to run, ya know!" Ichi walked off to assist other patrons, leaving Isuzu and this nameless boy to mingle amongst themselves. At least for the moment.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Director » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:32 am

Fanho's eyes glanced around as he saw Ichi grab a guy about Fanho's age and usher him to the bar. As he said the name Isuzu Fanho's memories came flooding back of the time he had badly hurt him in a sparring. He used a jutsu that should've been reserved for a high level situation. It was completely uncalled for in a spar just between Genin. A somber look sorta took hold of Fanho as he made an uneasy frown. "Its been a while huh?" Fanho thumbed over his cup of tea as he recalled the events from that day. It was quite the day to meet three other genin, and brutally harm one with third degree burns for just a spar. It was indeed irresponsible and reckless. Fanho was surprised he wasn't disciplined and didn't have to be sent back to the academy.

"What's it been? Five years since that day. I still mull over what all happened, and regret not stopping myself." With a sigh he glanced over at Isuzu. It seemed the two of them had done some growing, physically and mentally. However it seemed Isuzu still carried that sense of recluse personality as he did the first time they met. Unease at meeting Fanho once more, however Fanho wasn't sure how much Isuzu remembered him. Albeit it was just one spar, it had a lot of meaning to the two of them. A moment of realization for Fanho to better control his power, and a moment of realization for Isuzu to strive to be more responsible than others learning from their mistakes.

"I noticed you left the village soon after the spar. If you don't mind me asking, why did you?"
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 pm

"Y-y-yeah. Lo-long time." Isuzu traced the leave village symbol repeatedly over the countertop as he did this, never finding himself quite capable of meeting the eyes of Fanho. Such an awkward situation was not something he had come equipped to prepare at such an early hour of the day. He noticed Fanho was doing something similar with his tea cup, though Zu admired his old friend's tenacity to attack the awkward moment head-on. It'd been left alone if the Hinoshi boy had anything to say about it.

"Five years, two months, and sixteen days" The words had no soon left his lips than the boy stopped tracing symbols on the table and his eyes got wide. "How'd I know that? I didn't even mean to..." Sweat was forming more now on his head as he quickly tried to recover from that outburst, though taking note mentally that he didn't stutter when his words flowed without filter. "..Or s-s-something like th-th-thhhat." Nice save.

The blood that had rushed to his cheeks was now dispersing a bit and he continued the tracing, his finger passing through small granules of salt that had been left behind by the previous patron. "..Why'd I leave, huh?.." Truth be told, it was a combination of things. His father was whisked away on long term business and took his family with him. However, if Isuzu'd tried, he could've made arrangements. He could've figured out something. But he'd been having doubts about becoming a shinobi after the accident, and his father leaving was a perfect excuse. Peering side-eyed at Fanho before quickly focusing once again on the table before him, Isuzu sensed sincerity from his voice as well as his eyes. It was a common Hinoshi protocol to reciprocate such actions as to re-inforce them for the future. A sign of good will, as it were.

A long nasal inhale... and a long mouth exhale. Isuzu then looked up at Fanho directly in the eyes. "M-m-my father had busin-n-ness. My mother an-an-and-andd me travel-l-l-led with him." Doubt crept in for a moment as he contemplated how to elaborate on the rest of what he had to say. The important part. "But.. I-I also l-l-left because.." He looked down slightly, out of Fanho's sight line and more towards his chin area.

".b-b-becaus-s-se I was scar-r-ed."

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Director » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:34 am

Fanho listened as the stutter surfaced in Isuzu's voice. It seemed as if he was fearful, but of what? Fanho pondered the question as he couldn't quite tell if it was Fanho making him uncomfortable, the memories, or something else that was poking at his old fellow Genin. With the utmost confidence his recollection of the time between the incident and now was uncanny. It must've been stored deep away, Fanho was unaware he'd caused that much stress. "Its been that long huh?" The young Jounin nodded in agreement as he too recollected the time ago. As Isuzu turned his words to retracing his trip with his father the trembling in his voice growing as the climax arrived at why Isuzu left.

The Awai boy nodded and scratched his chin. "Being scared is natural, everyone is scared of something. I don't think I've met one shinobi who wasn't scared when on a mission." Fanho flicked his thumb up as he pointed to himself. "I mean even I'm scared. Courage isn't the absence of fear. Courage is the ability to do things despite fear." He rested his chin in the palm of his hand as he gestured around the room. "Nothing to be ashamed of, its something to work towards. Like bettering yourself to not hurt a friend right?" Fanho gave a shrug and posed it as a question to Isuzu. He wanted Isuzu to feel comfortable about it, that it wasn't something Fanho let stop him from progressing, and that Isuzu should feel the same. It stirred a fire that helped push Fanho rather than hold him back, however it seemed Isuzu was still letting it drag him. "Sometimes we gotta take the mistakes, the problems, and build off of them. You don't think I got here by not making mistakes right? Its all about growth, and doing it despite the risk and the what-ifs." Fanho pushed a dumpling with his chop sticks before he picked it up. Piping hot as the steam rolled off.

"See this dumpling is super hot but super tasty right? Right when its super hot and delicious. So we take the risk of possibly burning our mouth off to be able to enjoy what we learn from the risk." Fanho popped the dumpling in his mouth as he held it there for a minute forcing a smile before letting it roll off his tongue and onto the plate. He quickly took a long sip from his ice water as he swallowed graciously. "Possibly the worst analogy and way to teach that lesson. Learn from my mistake, wait til they cool down." Fanho fluttered his eyebrows as he chuckled at his own joke. "Let me know if that was a bad analogy. I'm better at cracking jokes."

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:12 pm

The words had just flowed right out of his mouth without thinking. He still couldn't wrap his head around how he'd recalled something that'd happened so long ago, and to such a specific date. He didn't know if that was correct or what date that corresponded to - but deep down he knew it was correct. As Fanho began going into the inevitable spiel Isuzu knew was coming, the genin let those words flow into his ears and marinate for a bit. These were words he'd been waiting to hear for a long time. He needed to hear this.

Not quite the words he'd expected, but they were something. Isuzu no longer feared the things he'd feared years and years ago. He'd outgrown that and come to terms with his shortcomings a shinobi. What he really needed was to get that nagging feeling out from the back of his head. The feeling that he would never live that down. The embarrassment he felt - not from losing the spar and getting injured - but letting that moment beat him. Define him. Ultimately take away his drive to become a shinobi. Sure, he'd returned to the ranks of Konoha shinobi now, but he still wasn't giving his all. He was holding back out of fear of failure again. It was because of that he had not yet reached chuunin. It was because of that fear of failure that he'd not done a lot of things.

"...No more. Starting today, no more weakling Isuzu..." Isuzu's chest began to feel warm. A fire was now burning inside the likes of which he hadn't felt since he became a genin. He felt the world was at his fingertips. There was so much he could offer Konoha and Fire Country. He could do this thing for real this time. The right way.

"You're right." Isuzu said, following a pause of a few seconds to let all that Fanho said process. He looked up at the boy with a slight smirk on his face, his eyes closed. "Y-y-you are better at crack-racking jokes" Fanho'd said just the right things to him. He still had some things to work out, but that could be done on it's own. It wasn't Fanho's job to heal a bruised ego. "So wh-what've you b-b-been up to? You see-ee-eem like a bi-g-g shot now"

The genin still hadn't made direct contact with Fanho's eyes yet. He'd warm up to the jounin eventually. Just not right now.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Director » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:34 pm

Fanho nodded as Isuzu came around to at the very least seeming like he saw the light, ironic as it was. With the question posed of being a big shot Fanho scratched his head as he uncomfortably laughed it off. "You know its weird, I never really saw myself as a big shot." With a light slap of the counter Fanho leaned forward as he rocked back resetting himself for comfort preparing to tell the tale of how he presumably made the name for himself. "Well it seemed to stem from when I became head of the Katameru for Mamorinuku. At sixteen I wasn't sure why or how. I was leading people older than myself so it was weird to say the least." He gave a laugh as he scratched the back of his head posturing a question for himself while answering it in the same breath. "I guess word gets around when young people get in important positions." He ended with a warm, toothy, and confident smile. "Then not so long after that Aina had to retire due to having kids with the wolf man kage, and I took over the whole thing."

Fanho pondered on the string of events that lead up to this. It had never been a terrible struggle other than losing Zakuro and then bringing him back. Other than that and the invasion, the village had remained rather quiet. The young Jounin had also lead a large part of the assault in Whirlpool driving the bandits back, coming face to face with the fabled S-Rank Missing-Nin Kenji. Who later was reported dead at the hands of some unknown character. Albeit it didn't seem like there was a struggle, it was more of a willing death upon inspection. Fanho could only ponder on who before snapping himself back to the conversation at hand. "Shortly after we cleared Whirlpool of the banditry and crime that infested it. Then one of my friends decided to run away from the village so I tried to save him before he left, and well-" Fanho pointed at his blue eyes as shrugged. The doujutsu that once laid there was put to rest that day, and as rare as it was for the Awai he hadn't pursued attempting to save it. He had gotten used to the absence of it since, and he could live without it. It could be a stark reminder to his friend to help hold him to the ideals Fanho was instilling. "Brought him back recently, and since then I've just been biding my time, training and learning for the Hokage exams."

Fanho gestured back to his old friend who wasn't that old, they were still in their teens. "What about you?"

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Taiga » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:57 am

Once upon a time, Taiga would be likely the last person to be up and taking a jog in the morning. While some things never change, Taiga had taken his training regiments a lot more seriously these days. While he had mastered the Genma and become perhaps the strongest Earth host in recent history, he couldn't help but feel a sick pain knowing that the power he'd seen, the power which had more recently allowed him to control a high level Kiri Jounin, was not his own. It was true that he had worked hard to control and gain the power, but without it, he was still so weak. Perhaps this of all things had been driving him to up his own abilities.

Turning a corner he frowned slightly. In the old days- when he allowed himself to use his powers... He was clearing this course in record time, yet without them he was still making a slow pace. Sliding to a halt, his hands fell to his knees as he caught his breath. He had been doing laps all morning through the town on various courses.

His stomach let out a rumble.

You know, it's stupid to not use my power. Your or mine, it's all you in the end. If we lose it's cause were both simply pathetic, though maybe you a little more than me. the Earth genma spoke. Despite the mildly insulting manner- he did truly mean it in an endearing way. He'd become quite sweet on the young boy born of Sarutobi-Senju blood.

Perhaps it was that chip on Taiga's shoulder- his inability to use his families bloodline. His inability to be as legendary as the other Sarutobi. There were a lot of things that were supposed to make him great, and he'd never lived up to any of it.

[color=#orangered]Just let me eat in silence, alright?[/color]

Standing back upright he peered into the window of a dumpling shop and noticed Fanho, sitting next to someone else. He could only see the back of his head.

He waked in.

"Hey rave master" he said as he approached. The other guy next to Fanho seemed oddly familiar, but he had not placed a finger on it yet.

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Isuzu sat, listening to the tails of Fanho. It seemed he'd lived up to his potential so far and done some truly amazing things. However, the words uttered at the very end struck the Hinoshi in a way he wasn't wholly prepared for. "...Hokage..." His stomach began to turn as he let the thought marinate a bit. The boys were close to the same age, yet Fanho had applied himself this whole time. He'd trained and taken on tasks and roles far beyond his age - and excelled at them. Isuzu, on the other hand, had been wasting his time learning diplomacy and logistics for the country. Sure, for him that was fun, but it was nothing compared to being the Hokage. And how was he supposed to follow up that story anyway?

"W-w-ell, I.." The boy's words were cut off rather rudely by someone yelling in the middle of the restaurant. "Try to keep it down, young man. There're other payin' customers here and they don't wanna hear you yelling" Ichi could be seen looking through the cook's window at the man who'd just entered into the establishment. He had a certain atmosphere he liked to foster - yelling and being obnoxious didn't fit the bill. Moreover, he apparently knew Fanho, and Isuzu was certain the man was too important to recognize him. It was rude to not at least turn and face a newly arriving guest, so Isuzu swiveled in his chair slightly in order to not appear rude. Upon seeing the boys face, a chord was struck somewhere deep in his memory banks.

"...I know him from..somewhere..." Isuzu studied the mans face a bit more but could not place it. He decided it best to allow the two whom knew each other to greet. Meanwhile, he'd think of a more impressive way to explain his whereabouts in the last few years. If that were even possible.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Director » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Fanho turned as a familiar voice tugged at his hearing. With a cock eye'd smile he turned around to face his friend. "There's my favorite knucklehead." The young Awai pulled Taiga into a head lock before giving him a light hearted noogie as he patted Taiga on the back. With the scent of fresh sweat lingering in the air, and the perspiration of Taiga's skin Fanho figured that he had just got done doing a bit of training. At the end it seemed Taiga was taking a bit of a break, perhaps to get something to eat. "What do you want Taiga it'll be on me?" As Fanho patted the seat next to him the overwhelming sense of forgetting something washed over the Jounin. He pondered for a split second before his eyes widened remembering he hadn't introduced the two.

"Oh probably should introduce you two. Isuzu, this is Taiga. Taiga, this is Isuzu." The thought the two had possibly met each other before hadn't crossed Fanho's mind. He simply just took it at face value that they hadn't of met, but the lingering feeling of remembrance on their faces told a different story. The Awai's thoughts drifted to how he met both of them under terrible circumstances, and the initial introductions weren't good at all. "Well you two do have something in common, I gave you guys both terrible first impressions." Fanho solemnly nodded at the two of his not so proudest moments. He'd let the other two take hold of the conversation, he felt like they had more interesting things to say than Fanho did. After all self deprecating helped Fanho from making him seem like a person who rarely made mistakes, and humbled him to learn from it and prove he had rather than say it.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:15 am

Taiga's eyes narrowed at the shop keeper. He hadn't been that loud at all. Younger him would have made a scene, younger him swallowed his pride and approached the pair. Ignoring the other boy- who seemed familiar, yet unremarkable in the slightest, Taiga's eyes locked onto the Awai, who tried to give him a noogie. Taiga's body would instantly change to steel at the point of contact. When finally released, he'd take a seat. If a noogie got him free food, he was totally down for that. He cleared his throat.

When the Awai mentioned the other boys name, a ball formed in Taiga's throat. Isuzu. He had thought the other boy looked familiar... And sure, it had been years but.... He never thought he'd see Isuzu again. In fact, for some reason he thought he'd died or something. When Isuzu disappeared, Gene and Taiga's inability to work together caused the team to fall into disarray, each boy going their own way. Continuing to ignore Isuzu, he answered Fanho.

"I'll take some steamed dumplings, and a bowl of chahan." he said as he grabbed an empty glass and the pitcher off the counter to pour himself some water. He polished it off quick before pouring another glass. "You know, if I want next time you noogie me I can make your arm disappear" he said smilingly, in a creepy manner.

He was not sure what to say, after all.

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:33 pm

The two's interaction proved them as old buddies - and Isuzu's fuzzy memories were starting to come back. "...Taiga..." Taiga was his other teammate along with Gene. He'd sort of left them both high and dry when he'd left with his dad. He wasn't sure of what happened to the team when he left and could only assume that they'd gone on to do great things - as did seemingly everyone from his past. Isuzu slumped a bit in his seat, letting his thoughts of inadequacy sink his spirits even more.

Seeing the chumminess of the two with him didn't help much. Isuzu'd always longed for a friendship like theirs. The boy looked down towards the floor and away from the boys to his side. His thoughts, however, quickly transitioned to optimism. What were the odds that another person from his past would show up here today? Was this a sign to handle his shame, here and now?

A lul in the conversation opened a window for Isuzu to address the newcomer. "T-taiga. How ar-ar-are you? Lon-ong time no see." Isuzu leaned and put on a nervous smile while looking at the larger boy in the eyes. His mind was already forming the story of his disappearance, which he was sure Taiga would ask.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Director » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:50 am

With the threat of Fanho losing his arm he raised an eye brow at Taiga. "If you do that who will give you noogie? More importantly which arm? My right is my favorite." As Fanho let the two interact he noticed Isuzu's voice stuttered as he attempted to address Taiga. It was clear Isuzu was uncomfortable and still feeling quite low. It must've been a shock to see two people who he was once on equal playing field with now outranking and outpacing him in progress. It was a feeling Fanho couldn't quite sympathize with and was having difficulty empathizing with. For some they passed with flying colors and zero issues, for others they struggled with something forced upon them, and then for others they ran away and deal with personal perspective issues of themselves. The three dichotomies out of the many a person could be given we're all sitting at the bar, but for now Fanho would let the two talk, perhaps Taiga had some introspective words that would help Isuzu pull through his bout of doubt.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Taiga » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:56 am

Taiga couldn't help but awkwardly pause as the boy stammered about calling out his name and asking how he had been. He had been attempting to full out ignore Isuzu but having been directly addressed he no longer could do so... Pausing yet another moment he let out deep breath before speaking. What could he possibly say? That a demon was shoved inside of him and, already being an outsider, that it only intensified? That Gene had become more of a psycho... that the village still hadn't brought jutsice to Fushinkou Yaku and that traitor Enma?

That the autumn soldier once more got away from him? Biting his tongue he finally addressed the elephant in the room.

"Alright, Zu. A lot... has changed since you left... I am not who you might remember me to be and Gene isn't either." With nothing more than that he reached for his glass of mugicha and drank it.

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 pm

The weight in Taiga's words relayed more than his words themselves. Did something happen? It wasn't like the three of them had struck up an immediate life long friendship - far from it actually. They hadn't really gotten along that much, but things had gotten better as the team spent more time with each other. Isuzu was finally starting to come out of his shell a bit and had stuck up an odd friendship with Gene. He and Taiga hadn't been particularly close - but they'd been teammates who'd participated in combat together, and that is a bond that is not easily broken.

Isuzu ran his hand through his hair and let out an audible exhale. "...Man, all I'd wanted was to enjoy some food in peace today..." Instead, Zu now found himself to be forced to confront a very soar spot in his past. He felt he owed an explanation as to why he'd left - and it was something Fanho was already interested in how things had gone since they'd last seen one another. It wasn't an exciting tale, but something he thought the two needed to hear - in due time.

"Oh yeah, Gene. I h-hh-haven't ran int-t-to him yet. Hope he's-s-s doing well." Hopefully this would lead to some insight into how his old teammate was holding up - and allow Isuzu the platform he needed to get some stuff off his chest.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Taiga » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:14 pm

As the pair conversed his dumplings arrived. Taiga continued to eat putting an unnatural amount of pause in between the Isuzu's words and his own. Despite them being piping hot, not that he couldn't handle it, he would shove a dumpling in his mouth in defiance, hoo-ing, and ha-ing form the heat as he chewed. It really didn't help that Fanho this whole time had remained incredulously silent. When he finished he would take a large gulp of water before speaking once more.

"Gene is a mental case, that one. By all scales he is doing quite excellent, Bannin of the village... but mental no less." he said as he let out a rather long sigh and stretched his arms out behind him. He couldn't beat around the bush any longer, nor could he ignore the thing that had been itching at him for almost half a decade. He knew it would be awkward and he knew it was best to keep it to himself... but Taiga also knew his stubbornness and openness about any topic had often brought him closer to those around him.

Being awkward wasn't a curse. It was a gift. A gift to get him closer to the hearts of others.

"Why did you do it, Zu? Why did you leave?"

A whisp of smoke escaped his mouth.

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:53 pm

As Taiga relayed more 'good' news to Isuzu, the genin nibbled on his lip in nervous reflex. So it seemed Isuzu truly had fallen behind all of them. "...Gene too. Figures he'd have also grown as strong as these guys..." The biting became more pronounced and rapid as the Hinoshi's mind raced. What if he'd stayed? What if his father hadn't forced him... no, that wasn't it. Though his father did have business elsewhere in the country, Isuzu could've easily stayed. No - he'd been scared.

"W-well, I wa-was.." Isuzu paused, thinking of how to capture all of the complicated reasoning in a way that Taiga would understand. The fight with Fanho had been more than Isuzu'd anticipated. He wasn't ready for such power - facing it or wielding it. With a concentrated, deliberate inhale and exhale, Isuzu faced towards his former teammate Taiga while failing to meet his gaze. "..a coward" Perhaps the first words he'd spoken to someone of his own age without stuttering, the words were said with confidence. Strange that verbalizing one's own flaws inspired the most confidence.

Of course, Fanho'd already been told why and his words inspired Isuzu, almost as if speaking through him. "But I'm done being afraid. I'll be a strong shinobi" At this moment the eyes of the two former teammates would finally meet, sending Isuzu right back down to earth and into his shell. "Y-yy-ya know because I-I h-have to cat-catch you guy-guyss." A small chuckle would punctuate his sentence as his face reddened from embarrassment.

He wasn't quite sure where that confidence had come from - but he rather liked it.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Taiga » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:26 am

Taiga was completely ready to ignore Isuzu the rest of the time- but suddenly something had taken him so off-guard the almost choked on his food. His eyes grew large- like an invisible knee hit him right in the chest... square. Fixing his throat with a cup of water, he turned to Isuzu. He could feel the emotion... he could see something bubbling up he'd never seen before in Isuzu. Courage.

"You're damn right you were a coward." Taiga said taking another swig of the water. "But admitting that proves there is a spin somewhere in you." Taiga said as he gave a hearty slap to Isuzu's back. It was strange to consider of the three of them how differently each of the paths had become- each boy vastly different from the next. Yet, in the end both Taiga and Gene became powerful.

"You are one of us, you know. You'll become strong I'm sure of it." he said. Pushing in his chair, he would stand up, and look right at Fanho. "Gouchisousamadeshita!" bowing to signify that he was grateful Fanho would pick up the tab on everything...

"Zuzu, how bout we go training? I'll make teach you Konoha no Senken." he said flexing his arm.

Isuzu

Healing of Old Wounds

Post by Isuzu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:22 pm

The slap on Isuzu's back forced him to brace himself by placing his hands on the table. Doing so as quickly as he did, in such a haphazard fashion, meant he wasn't able to consider what may be on the table. Pulling his hand from the table after the initial movement, fork hanging from the palm of his hand. An annoyed glance to Ichi would have the two meet eyes before Ichi gave him a look saying "you rascals" and let out a hearty chuckle. Isuzu had no doubt that seeing the interactions between him and the others would warm Ichi's heart. The guy was practically on a mission to make Isuzu friends. "Tai-." The fork came un-stuck from Zuzu's hand and clanged against the dishes below him. The sound was jarring and undoubtedly would draw many onlookers. A quick wince and Isuzu would continue addressing his friend. "Taiga, I ah-appreciate the offer.." Isuzu's hand would grip tightly, forming a clenched fist so tightly that his whole arm would begin to tremble.

"But I cannot ask you to do that. I must take my strength.." Isuzu would suddenly unclench his hand and raise it up to to chest height, looking down on it for a moment before triumphantly clenching it yet again. "Into my own hands." With these words, Isuzu bowed towards his companions. "L-l-latter Fanho." The chance meeting with two of his former acquaintances had certainly lit a fire under the young Hinoshi. He'd train with Taiga once the time was right, perhaps in the near future even. But he had some growing to do first.

He'd left enough at his spot at the counter to cover all of their meals, plus leave Ichi a nice tip.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”