A Stoic, Problematic Youth: {OPEN}

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:14 am

All I needed today was just a little bit of exercise and once again no ones here.

Here’s the issue. Shinochi Blint, Age 13, Height 5’5, has been ghosted by other genin in the village lately. It all started on the day he received his head protector. Shinochi closes his eyes inhaling deeply as the memory floods back to him. Opening day after receiving his Head protector he was asked:

Shinochi, what does it mean to be a ninja?”

The instructor of the exams gave a light hearted smile as he asked this question. Such a stupid question. Shinochi was sure this was a test. The point of it all didn’t matter regardless. The answer will always be the same.

Absolute power, determination without failure. If I’m being completely honest I’m not even sure if my opinion matters. The only important meaning is Following Orders and if I’m being completely honest, Sir, that’s all that matters to me

Since then he’s been regarded by fellow genin as “Too serious” or trivial stuff like “maybe that guys a sociopath or something.” Granted Shinochi has always been rather aggressive when it came to his path to power. He’d more often than not find himself being punished for going all out in a friendly training event and sending someone to the infirmary.
~~~||

Shinochi glances around the training grounds and sighs. Not a soul In sight. He was tired of being the odd man out. His families words began to ring in his ear. “Black stain”

He hated that title but he wore it with so much pride. Who were they to decide his fate? Rats. Scum. The weak. Shinochi brushes his hands lightly against his Burn and winces. The pains long forgotten and the injury long healed but some pains are deeper. Shinochi knew this all to well. Taking a Horse Stance Shinochi inhales through his nose and exhales deeply as he undoes his massive Sword mace from its holder and let’s it’s weight slam itself into the ground In front of him.

“Regardless of my current circumstances I will be trained soon. I can’t stay at this level. Not if I want to beat..ah this is such a pain”

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 am

Mariya was on the way to the training grounds looking to stretch her legs and get a little workout in... The past few days had been quite tumultuous and since her return from Waterful country, she was looking to blow off some steam. With a slight sigh she took off from her apartment jogging towards the grounds. Things had never been simple for her- the girl born a science experiment with a demon inside her. She didn't possess the normal social skills of a teenage girl... Still, Mariya was trying to do her best to become normal.

Usually this time a day the training grounds were deserted so when she jogged by she was surprised to see someone there. Filled with curiosity of why someone would be here this early, she decided to jog on up. It appeared to be a young man who was practicing taijutsu or something- his body doing different stances. Given her experiences in waterfall she kind of wished she could use her body a bit more as a weapon.

With a gentle sigh, Mariya would approach the boy ever so awkwardly- but say nothing, merely watching. Obviously.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:56 am

redacted

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:14 am

Today was like every other. Around this time, Kisuke usually made his way to the training ground near his home to perform some of his daily kata. He'd been doing this same routine for the past several weeks now, electing to practice in the open rather than his cramped training dojo his father built. A change of location was often needed for kata. The repetitive nature of the actions could easily lead to laziness in practice. Besides, fresh air was good for the spirit - arguably the most important thing to excercise for a samurai.

Apporaching the training grounds, the tsuedo-samurai was surpirsed to see others training. Not the shy type by any means, but kata were usually a somewhat intimate affair between a samurai and his blade. Having and audience was rather unusual, akin to having other take at peak at you taking your lover. "...Hmmphh.." The newly minted chuunin let out an exhale as he approached the one watching the other. Thought it was not customary for one warrior to observe another during training, it was even worse to interrupt another.

"I do hope I'm not intruding on your training as well." Kisuke would address the woman from behind, hoping she was just a passer bye. It would be terribly inconvenient to have to share the field with yet another.

Nakamura, Takeshi | A-rank MN | Kirigakure
Hinoshi, Isuzu | Genin | Konohagakure
Ishiguro, Kisuke | Chuunin | Kumogakure

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:29 am

Let’s just try form 7 again from the top”

Shinochi muttered to himself. Momentarily closing his eyes, Shinochi Gripped the top of the handle to the 5ft long Sword mace and weaved right to left. Once his head swung to the left he pulled himself using the weight of the mace forward and swung his left foot around in a wide arch diagonally as he breached the front of the mace he let his momentum swing his kick in a semi circle striking the air with the same intensity he would use to try and kick through an opponent. As the arch finished he landed in front of the mace by 3 yards and immediately back flipped to land on the top of the hilt. The goal is to land well balanced on the hilt, Jump and utilize his Jikiton to pull the Sword maces top two parts off and have them levitate him in the air while the remaining two fly forward towards his target... this was Not the Case

Instead Shinochi landed wobbly and fell back on his ass immediately with a heavy THUNK . Letting out a slight wheezing “Oof” he rolled for a second rubbing his back when suddenly he notices an individual watching him from the entrance of the training fields. He noticed the girl and immediately stood up brushing himself off. “ Here we go, she doesn’t look familiar but then again I am technically just a hick from the sticks that doesn’t know anyone. I should’ve probably paid more attention in the academy but even so I don’t recognize this one.” he thought to himself as he turned to look at her closely

Something was different with her. Her stance, he gaze, it all seemed a little tense. As if there was some sort of unease at his presence. He decided to make the first move by giving a slight wave before heaving the massive sword mace out of the ground and onto his left shoulder. Then Shinochi got an idea. “If I don’t know her. She probably hasn’t heard of me.” So completely out of character, Shinochi forces a smile.. the pain of doing so and tugging on the skin of his scar by pulling his lips into a grin caused something more of a menacing dark bruding smile than a welcoming one.

He also notices another approach. This man looked different. Not sure what it was directly that could cause Shinochi to be uneasy. Maybe it was the quick approach and way the person seemed to interact with the female as if they knew each other. Shinochi couldn’t make out what was being said but it did seem like maybe he came to the fields on the right day. Without wanting to talk or think about it Shinochi brought up a hand and performed the seal for Jikiton. The top two portions of his mace began to hum as they hovered around his body, 5 ft apart evenly in a semi circle facing the others.

im sorry is there some sort of party today or was today labeled as watch the Genin fall on his ass day. Either way it’s kinda rude to just stare dont ya think” he said speaking to either that wanted to reply to his petty comment.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:38 am

Despite the potentially unnerving smile from the scarface boy, for Mariya, who lacked even the most normal social graces, she thought nothing of it and smiled back. Still unsure what to say. The boy had just wiped out while training and she could not help but noticed his sense of balanced seemed off. From what she can tell he just needed to position his body a little better and be more mindful of maintaining his balance and then he'd likely achieve the effect he had been going for. Maintaining balance was important in combat and with a few attempts to master the sense of, most were capable of doing it. Without any inspiring or good words to say, she would look at the boy, then the mace, then point.

"Uh, if you want to fling me while I hold onto that mace I can show you how to hold your balance." the girl said in monotone, her voice nearly devoid of any emotion. She didn't quite feel like trying to fake emotion today- and while she definitely had emotions and felt them she just wasn't good at transmitting them in her voice.

Another young man had been approaching them as-well, from behind- and seemed to be concerned he was intruding on her training.

"Well, I was just going for a jog to clear my mind. I had some horrible stuff happen to me last week on a mission and I am having issues processing it, so I thought jogging would take my mind off of thigns... then while jogging I noticed this scared and miserable boy failing at his training and naturally as a Chuunin of the village and senpai thus senpai to this boy the logical course of action was to offer some assistance... but now I am not sure if..." she paused the verbal diarrhea as she imagined Hayate hitting her on the head with a karate chop for "spilling her mind too much" again.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:09 am

Shinochi eyes the two, still cautious yet aware that the probability of ill intentions were slim. His Slabs of metal continue to rotate slowly and meticulously around his body. The humming always felt like a lullaby. The way his family used to use metal chimes and use magnetism to vibrate them to a pitch that was so soothing even on his roughest nights he’d fall fast asleep. Those times were so far, few, and damn near nonexistent. Shinochi exhales softly. He hated when something reminded him of home. The problem wasn’t that he disliked his abilities. The problem was he wasn’t strong enough to face who he needed to face yet. Glancing up at the Kunoichis words Shinochi gave that same shit smile back.

You want me to launch you? Well you better know how to catch. I’m just warning you. I’m here because I have things that I need to settle. I’m not a casual individual I guess I should say. [/i

And with that Shinochi grips the hilt of his Sword Mace tight. Focusing he begins channeling his Raiton into Jikiton through the blade into the two segments. It’s roughly 3.4 ft long with two segments missing. Squaring his body he begins rotating on the balls of his feet while using Jikiton to add more momentum to his spin. The rotation continues and speeds up until Shinochi Releases his grip as the half mace lines up with the Kunochi. As he releases the two other slabs fly in tandem with the half mace connecting fully together roughly 12 ft away from the woman giving the mace its full 5.7ft of length.

CATCH THIS!

He yells slightly hoping that the Kunoichi embarrasses herself the way he did moments ago.
Last edited by ShinochiBlint on Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:24 am

Mariya had barely finished going off awkwardly to the other guy who showed up when the Genin, clearly frustrated at his inadequacies, spun round and chucked a mace like thingy at her full force. She had intended to show him how it was done, but had hoped that he'd at least waited until they were both ready to try. Regardless, such actions were juvenile at best and the correct corse of action was to deny him anything he hoped to achieve with his feeble minded attack. Mariya watched the hammer come towards her as she moved to the size, feeling the space between it and her body.

When the head of the hammer was nearby, she would reach up, timing it so that the tail and hilt of it would be there when her hand fully connected. Grabbing the hilt with catlike reflexes she would vault herself onto the flying hammer which propelled further and quite some bit a way- using her body as a counter-weight to then leap off of it, landing on her feet and digging them in with all her might.

Between her added weight having slowed the projectile and user use of her body like a counter-weight when she fell, she would be able to flip the hammer and cause it to veer off downwards at the ground, colliding, and her standing on her feet.

She'd look at the genin.

"You're a big guy- you should use your body as a counter-weight to achieve more with the mace you are throwing. And interesting, is that magnetism, I have never met someone with magnetism- certainly not a genin?" she said as she would release her grip of the mace and approach him.
UsedShow
Spatial Sense
C-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Requirements: Perception
Mariya utilizes her keen senses and perception to provide a very advanced spatial sense. This allows her to envision complex happenings around her with ease such as: she is always aware of her position, has greatly sharpened ability to judge the speed of things, and the spatial aspect of them. Through this, she can better dodge and aim attacks allowing her to "weave" he physical movements to a superbly smooth level.

Always on their Feet
D-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Requirement: Acrobatics
Mariya has an incredible inner ear and sense of space allowing her to be capable of easily maintaining balance whether being attacked, pushed, dazed, or even when falling from a high height. Seemingly she always recovers, landing square on her feet like a cat. In the case of falling or being thrown, impacts from a distance of [Enudrance] x 2 meters can be completely negated. Anything more is up to the situation.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:46 am

There’s no fucking way..

Needless to say Shinochi felt utterly conflicted. The whole thing unraveled so fast Shinochi almost couldn’t track the movements. The question was how. What made it possible for this stranger to move with that level of just.. just.. well Shinochi didn’t even have words for the level of finesse he just witnessed. Slightly infuriated but also appreciative Shinochi bit the bullet. It wasn’t until he noticed her standing on his Sword Mace that he noticed she was legitimately STANDING ON HIS SWORD MACE!?

Look that was incredible I’ll give you that. I don’t know how you got so lucky just now but I’m honestly glad you did. ” as he spoke more and more emotion seemed to fade from his voice until an uncomfortable monotone was the only tone he could possibly speak in.

Listen, I’m a genin. I’m from the boonies so I don’t really know anyone outside of my graduating class. Personally I don’t really care for people. Too many issues. Too many distractions.

His eyes rose to meet hers as he brought up a hand seal and the mace began to slowly hum and vibrate under her as his Jikiton began to flow.

Empty eyes. Completely devoid of all emotion stared through her.

I appreciate your advice I truly do. It’s just.. if you don’t get off off of Mitsuginai I’m going to have to kill you.. yes I use Jikiton. If you know anything about it then you should know that in this moment right now, where you’re standing... what you’re standing on.. is the most dangerous place in this training field. Please remove yourself from my weapon.

Shinochi tilts his head back and inhaled deeply as the color and life begins to return to his eyes.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:51 am

Things had become increasingly serious, increasingly fast. It appeared that the boy she was attempting to help had been taking everything as a challenge of sorts? Perhaps it was a territorial matter, much like the wild dogs of the valley who peed on areas and barked at whatever came near. She couldn't quite understand the boy, but she knew that he was upset and perhaps her actions had caused.

Father always tells me to empathize with others- but how can I empathize when I do not know how they feel? she asked herself. At best through logic she could sympathize, but sometimes when it came to emotions sympathy through logic just didn't cut it. Perhaps I am also to play mean as the boy plays- maybe it is an act of camaraderie? she thought to herself as translucent

Perhaps it was best to play along with the aggression- at least until the other boy with the sword would join in all she had to go on was the genins actions, so mirror them she would.

"Little boy, the most dangerous place on this field is naturally wherever I am, so that is correct." she said as her hands struck a seal and a pulse of black energy exuded from her all throughout the field around them. The vibration of the hammer would stop as her chakra consumed the Jikiton energy around it. She would leap off of it, landing on her feet as always and look at the boy.

Walking forward she would perform a set of hand seals then flick her wrists, her whole body drawing attention to the action ensuring the boy would see it. If he did, he would be caught in the genjutsu, whether he conceptualized what that was or not. A black orb would form nearby him and in a matter of moments he would feel it pull him in like a black hole.
USEDShow
Pulse Wave
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Mariya will hold out her palm, releasing a blast of Raw Yin Release chakra relative to [Control] in size. Upon contact with an energy the Raw Yin release chakra disperses outward, fanning out around the energy. This technique operates at a speed of [Control] and if it does not contact with an energy immediately has a base range of up to 25m.

[Genjutsu • Black Hole]
C-Ranked Illusion of Force Genjutsu
After the appropriate hand seals Mariya will flick her wrist as if throwing something, capturing those who see this motion in her genjutsu and causing them to see a dense black ball of Yin chakra appearing up to 25 meters away. The ball will suddenly start to spin rapidly. If the effected go within a 10 meter radius of it, they will feel a strange almost magnetic force exerting on them that pulls them towards the ball at [Willpower] strength. The ball will remain for 3 posts.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:46 am

Shinochi brought his head down as the woman began to speak. His Stark black kimono swaying in the breeze. The whites of his sleeve bringing attention to his various tattoos. He eyes his left arm admiring his work. The Love Hate Death Game Over highlighted by the sun bringing attention to the many hues painted over his skin. Whenever things got bad his art was what he could turn to no matter what. “ I could legit lose this arm in a fight huh? ” he said muttering you himself before stringing together a string of hand signs and reaching into his Tool pouch.

Withdrawing 3 Senbon Shinochi activated his first Jutsu. Jikiton • Polar Contact, suddenly the Senbon began to vibrate with magnetic energy. Shinochi smirked to himself eyeing the Senbon. “Just one touch or scratch from these and I can magnetize her. Maybe she’ll learn her lesson on interrupting someone’s training. “ he thought to himself as he performed another seal: Jikiton • Hover Grip, at this point he could hear her foot steps growing closer. Shinochi Watched the Senbon float into the air and as he flexed his hold on them they began to swirl around his body like a 3 Senbon swarm. “I don’t know why I can’t feel my Sword Mace or pull it towards me but this’ll have to do for now. I didn’t want to really get into anything serious today but this chick isn’t just some genin. I did want some good training today “ he thought to himself as her foot steps grew even closer “What’s she plannin, she’s moving so slow. I’ve pretended to have my guard down this entire time just to try and catch her off guard. She’s either really experienced or really stupid. I mean anyone would’ve at least tried to strike an opponent while they’re looking away, right? Regardless I have to play this safe” and with that final thought Shinochi took off running to the right directly as the woman sounded as if she was a few yards away.

Planting his foot and sliding forward never taking his eyes off his prize, the sword mace, Shinochi focuses his 3 Senbon to arch off his chest and fly towards the kunoichis general direction in a tri arch formation. 1 forward directly, one arching wise to the left flank and the same to the right. Shinochi on the other hand slides grabbing his mace and ripping it out of the ground as it demagnetizes in contact with his hand. Shinochi stands and faces her last estimated direction with his mace on his shoulder and a smug smirk on his face.

Okay, What gives? What was that? I just picked Mitsuginai and he was cold. Demagnetized. That’s never happened from an opponent just touching it before so what gives? You must be some sort of Anti Jikiton specialist or something? Regardless that comment of yours was a little much for someone casually strolling through the training fields with a threat in front of you. Guess you “SHinBIi” In your Gen must be pushovers. I’m guessing you’re a Chuunin then? I’ve never beaten one of those before. Mind if I really test out what I can do? I can promise you won’t die but I can’t promise you’ll be in one piece after Shinochi said with that smirk on his face.

{USED JUTSU: Jikiton • Polar Contact
D-Ranked Jikiton Nintaijutsu
The user will perform the necessary hand seals before coating their hand or weapon in Jikiton chakra. For 3 posts, strikes with the fist or weapon will leave behind magnetized patches upon things they strike, equal to the size of the contact.

Jikiton • Hover Grip
C-Ranked Jikiton Jutsu
The user will first perform the necessary hand seals, before coating a metallic weapon in Jikiton chakra. This allows the user to manoeuvre the weapon through the air at their will at [Control] speed and strength so long as it remains within 25 metres of their person. This technique lasts for 3 posts.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Just what was this kids problem? She was there to merely give him guidance as all seniors should to their juniors, yet he was rapidly descending into what she could only best describe as "a tantrum", filled with quite edgy things about how he might not be in one piece and the such. It was at this point that though Mariya tended to not show emotion too much- nor have them, something was bubbling up in her that she could not really explain other than "a primal urge to punch this twat". As he somehow managed to aim attacks at her but not see or fall for her genjutsu, she sighed, her hands sealing once more.

Black chakra began to flow off her body as she entered her Form 2 as a Jinchuuriki. Like hellfire flames itself Mariya was surrounded in the chakra as her already cat like visage became even more so- the tufts of hair at the sides of her head standing up more catlike than before.

"You are using quite a bit of powerful jutsu for only being a genin, likely one more jutsu is all you got in you." she said as she completed her seals and launched a volley of fireballs. Three of the fireballs would impact his senbon, knocking them aside. The rest of the balls would go right for the kid- at a speed faster than he could likely move.

Mariya, though she did not know the emotion she felt, was overwhelmed with annoyance.

"Today you will learn to respect your elders, and how to take advice so you can grow to be anything more than the pissant you are."

It was scary just how much she sounded like that man- Tada Banri, the one whom which she loathed.

USEDShow
@15 Control
*Katon • Scattering Flames
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will puff their chest before spitting out a torrent of 15 individual fireballs, each 2 centimeter diameter. The fireballs are shot for up to 10 meters away at a speed and strength equal to [Control].

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 pm

Last bit of juice. Fuck it.

Shinochi instead of fleeing or running away at that money almost exhausted took off in a full sprint directly into the line of fire. His Sword mace directly in his face. He ran straight at her with the intention of slamming the flat portion against her chest to at least knock her off her feet if anything. The fire balls impacted his Sword mace with intense heat. Shinochis Kimonos sleeves began to burn away. He didn’t care. Pain was pain after all. No amount will can topple that, but if he could just get close enough..

Suddenly as the last fire attack impacted Shinochis fatigue fully set in. He stumbles rolling and smacking his head off his own sword mace. Effectively putting himself to sleep momentarily.

Shinochi began to dream

“Wake the fuck up kid. Useless mutt. You wanna fight the head of the family but can’t even go out and catch a fish without slacking off. You’re fucking disgusting” Shinochi sat up in his parents house confused at why he was their. He looked around to see demented images of his family surrounding him and woke up with an abrupt scream in the training area!

fuck.. oh well..

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:44 am

Kisuke'd made his way to his own private area where he could practice his daily kata in peace. Or so he thought. He'd barely gotten through 3 of his 57 kata before they were full-on battling each other, making a commotion and even casting jutsu at each other, which was highly uncustomary of a public training ground. "...Typical shinobi. Bombastic, loud and intrusive.." It would've been one thing had Kisuke been asked if he minded, to which he would've politely allowed them the courtesy of returning to his home training dojo to practice in silence.

An audible sigh could be heard as Kisuke continued focusing on only his blade and the tree he'd been using as a practice dummy. There were various, shallow blade markings in it from practicing his striking. As the battling behind him continued, Kisuke found himself getting more and more annoyed. It was unlike him to allow his tempers to flair in such a way - but the blatant disrespect of his training time was something he couldn't stand for. Suddenly and abruptly, Kisuke would draw his blade and make what would appear to be a single strike against to the tree before sheathing his blade again. As soon as the guard and sheath made contact, five deep cuts would appear on the tree, causing it to give at that point and topple over. A loud crash would certainly have gotten the other two's attention as Kisuke would turn towards them, getting within range to assert his chakra dampening affects on them.

"I do apologize if my training methods have disturbed you" The apology was a bit tongue in cheek, but a bit of sincerity was there as well. Though they'd been interrupting him the entire time, it was no excuse to interrupt others. He'd allowed his annoyance to get the better of him and he owed them an apology. "Perhaps it's better for us all if I excuse myself from the grounds" Kisuke would bow and attempt to make his exit unless prompted by one of the others.
Jutsu UsedShow
Kendo • The Blade Slices
B-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Pre-reqs: Kendo • The Blade Cuts
This technique is purely offensive where the user makes five successive, independent strikes to the opponent in the usual amount of times it takes for a single strike. The blade moves so fast it will appear as if the opponent was only struck once to someone who's [Speed] is not equal to the users.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:07 am

Everything happened so fast. Though Mariya had imagined the genin had been running low on Chakra, she never would have expected him to be as tired as he was. Perhaps the by truly had pitiful chakra reserves. As he ran at her and she reached for her whip, getting ready to perform a genjutsu, the boy suddenly teetered over, his clothes slightly crisped and ash on his face. He seemed to have fell into his own sword- mace, or whatever the monolithic thing was. She could not understand why he acted so crazy... but the boy certainly had a very strong will power and drive. Hopefully he would learn to channel that energy for better purposes.

Putting her whip back on her waistband she brushed herself off and fixed her hair as the black fire like substance faded off of her.

She began to step forward- though immediately felt weaker. It was an odd sensation. Her eyes turned towards what seemed to be a particularly annoyed swordsmen who had been training at the grounds nearby.

Is this... him? Can he make us weaker? she thought incredulously as she stared at him.

"Ah- no I am sorry we disturbed you. I was just jogging and this genin seemed to be having trouble with his technique. As a chuunin of the village, it made sense that I should offer him counsel as our job is mentor all beneath us." she said bowing graciously to the boy.

"Uh... sorry and please, feel free to train. Things are getting darker in this world and for the sake of our country we must all become strong." she bowed again and extended a hand towards the swordsman.

"Nakajima Mariya."

Perhaps the genin would come to and hear that name too- Mariya hadn't the social graces to really recognize it but generally when she said her name people around her began to act differently.... Honorable Daughter and phrases the like often came her way- much to her dismay even if she wasn't totally sure it was "dismay" she was feeling/

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:43 am

Ugh the fatigue set in for sure. Something was up. Shinochi was used to the normal feeling he gets when he over uses his Jikiton too soon in battle... but something was different. It was like he couldn’t even draw enough chakra to stand properly. One exhausted moment at a time Shinochi picked himself up off the ground and turned to face the two shinobi in front of him. “Hmph.. she is a Chuunin Tsch... I guess this is the difference in strength..” wobbling as he stood fully Shinochi let’s out a bored dull sigh.

I’m sorry sword boy was I bothering you? ” Shinochi says with a slight grin as he tried pulling his sword mace off the ground..

“Hm..Heavier feeling then usual.” He thought to himself

Dude what’s going on with me today. I’m never like this. Hey, stabby boy, why am I so tired? I was fine until you chopped that tree up right there and started speaking ugh. Maybe your voice is just draining as all fuck ” Shinochi said trying to hide his actual impression of the mans sword skills. He only heard one slash but the tree was in pieces.. something about these in village raised shinobi set them.. no wait..

Oi Sword for brains, are you a chuunin or?..

He looked over to the Kunoichi who was in the middle of a very awkward introduction. “I’ve heard that name before, maybe in the academy. Some sort of nobility I think” he thought to himself before wobbly and strenuously picking up his mace and sliding it into the holster on the small of his back. Shinochi looked down at his kimono and let out a sigh.

You know Mariyana or whatever it is again, you owe me an apology too. These threads aren’t cheap. Ever thought of changing career paths to something a little more fitting, I don’t know, working as an incinerator or something?

Shinochi let out a little chuckle and approached the two of them.

So what’s your deals anyway. You seem high strung Stabby McStabs A lot, and you seem so nervous that I can’t believe I didn’t at least get a hit in. Ahh You Chuunin are something else. I’m not 100% certain where I stand though. How about you mcstabs, wanna see if my sword mace can break that little rinky dink toothpick of yours?

He said casually reaching into his pocket to pull out a Date and Take chomp. Mouth full and happy. I mean I’m still good for another round or two. The names Shinochi Blint. ” Shinochi said wincing at the slight burn to his right shoulder.

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:32 am

A notable tonal shift occurred once Kisuke confronted the duo. Well, at least from the more mature of the two. Kisuke would mirror her body language and politeness, meeting a smile with one of his own, much like two blades clashing in an intense battle. A handshake solidified that she did indeed understand, and her apology seemed sincere. Her opinion on the sense of duty was a refreshing one that Kisuke could get behind. Perhaps he'd been a bit selfish in his annoyance. "A noble cause to be sure. The pleasure is mine, Nakajima Maria." Kisuke never was very good with names, even if he'd just heard it. Though he'd missed it on the first take, saying it himself allowed this woman's identity to dawn on him. Did she share a name with Lord Raikage - perhaps a daughter? Ultimately it was inconsequential. One's name was an identifier to attach to their soul - their parents had little to do with it. Maria would get no special treatment from the samurai until she proved herself to him.

The rather loud genin had been yammering and Kisuke only started listening to hear the boy picking a fight and..

Kisuke's eyes would get very narrow, locking onto the pupils of the boy who'd been speaking. "To insult one's blade is to insult one's honor." Kisuke gripped the blade on his hip tightly, considering drawing it for a moment before releasing, a sigh audible. A lot of that going on today. "I suggest you be careful with whom you pick fights." His eyes would move to the boy's hand holding the wound from the battle moments earlier. Annoying as he was, he was obviously younger and less experienced than he or Mary were. "One with me is not one you'd win."

This method of training was right out of the shinobi handbook. Reckless and arrogant. Samurai, when training together, use wooden swords as to not cause permenant harm to those whom they're training. Shinobi usually viewed scars and wounds as a badge of honor. Savages, the lot of them. "Your training methods seem... effective" Kisuke would smirk, hoping the sarcasm wasn't too off putting.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:57 am

It seemed the Genin was just beginning to wake up, however Mariya did not have much of a desire to give him any more attention. Just like in the black ops the loud ones never made it very far. The other boy seemed to respond with a sense of seriousness and righteousness she had rarely seen amongst her fellow shinobi. Likewise, it had a bitting wit that she quite fancied. It seemed that he was a swordsmen of sorts and held principles quite highly, a drastic contrast from the genin who tried to go for blood at a training ground.

This other boy however seemed much more different. He carried himself cooly, calmly, with his thoughts collected much like an adult despite his clearly younger age. Mariya was intrigued by him. He also seemed to have a dislike of shinobi yet ironically had a forehead protector- a sign he was in fact a shinobi just like her and the... kid. She would bow her head once more. A slight headache was starting to creep in as she felt continuously weaker. Was this what emotions were supposed to feel like? Completely oblivious to it being the effect of Kisuke's nullifying field she began to feel fluttery.

"And, what is your name then?" she asked slightly blushing.

"Perhaps, nameless one, you should show the boy how to train properly. As the ones who come before, it is only right that we put snot nosed brats in their place while simultaneously tending to their development." she said with a smirk as she attempted to inject "wit" herself.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:06 pm

My development?

Shin raised an eye bro. Samurai were stupid. Shinochi hated the way samurai carried themselves. Shin learned a good bit on the topic at the academy. All this honor code and Respect stuff was great on paper, but Shin knew better. In the Shinobi world underhanded attacks and moves were the way to victory. As powerful as this Pseudo Ninja was Shin highly doubted just from appearance that this stick in the mud would be able to carry himself in any espionage or tactical missions. Shin let out an exaggerated yawn closing both his eyes before slightly opening and narrowing one using it to scan both Shinobi and he let out a half smile.

Please great Samurai I beg you. Don’t poke me with your toothpick. I’m only here to train and get stronger so when real war happens I can actually be on the front lines and effective against the enemy. My only way is Following orders. Follow orders so I can become stronger. Status, power, all of these things are necessary in my endeavor. You see I..” Shinochi looked down at his fist and balled it up dramatically before raising it to the other two. “ I have someone I need to kill. If you think it’s worth your time then fine. Give RefINNinG Me a shot. I just have one condition.

This time his eyes fell on the Kunoichi. He slowly began to realize he was speaking informally to the Kages daughter. No wonder the stick up her ass was so deep. That guys was not someone Shin would want to have over his shoulder any day of the week. Thinking back to the previous small bout shin finished. “ The way you dodged my throw earlier.. it was.. it was in human. I want to learn to move that way. And you, Mr. Champloo, teach me to swing my Sword mace with the same tenacity you swing that sword. That is unless both of you are just all talk

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Feeling confident that hostility was at it's lowest, Kisuke would shrink his Null field to the smallest range where it would no longer affect his new 'friends'. The question from the young lady actually disarmed him. Had he not introduced himself? He thought back over it for a moment but didn't linger, instead opting to simply clear up the confusion outright. Bushido are men of action, not pondering. "Sincerest apologies." Kisuke would address the two. "Ishiguro Kisuke. Pleased to meet you." He anticipated the boy would give his name in response, though who knows.

The inclination from both Maria and the boy was interesting. It seemed they were looking for a sort of kinship to be formed from this chance meeting. Bushido men knew that there was no chance - opportunities were direct results of actions taken previously. Undoubtedly this kindling of a 'relationship' was not by accident - and Kisuke would seize the opportunity to further his experiences whenever he could. Though the boy was reckless, rude, arrogant and rough around the edges, Kisuke could see the firey passion burning in his soul. He wished to grow stronger and maximize his potential - a worthy goal that Kisuke himself strives for every day. Training to kill was something shinobi were big on, though this wasn't a motivation for the samurai. Perhaps through his teachings the boy would reconsider.

"Fine, I will take an interest in your training. An unruly vine needs careful pruning, lest it put the entire structure at risk." Kisuke said so dismissively, though his mind was already racing at the things he'd teach him. He was sure the subtleness of his allusion would go over the head of this young one. The rather blunt nature in which he dismissed Kisuke's way of life without truely understanding it was typical of a shinobi. A few pages in a book was not enough to understand the lifelong undertaking of cultivating a disciplined mind and body was not such a thing to so flippidly insult. Few men were worthy of such a task, even less so shinobi. The irony of talking down to him in the same breath as asking for his training was palpable.

The shinomurai would use this moment as his first lesson. "Tell me, what is it that you gathered from your bout with Maria today? How will you take that and adjust your battle tactics to ensure success next time?" Going through the motions was one thing, but one should always seek to gleem enlightenment from even the smallest of events. During these moments is when growth occurs. Kisuke would await his feedback and allow Maria to give her input as well.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 am

Shinochi let it mule over in his head.

First off if Shinochi had to guess it would be losing a little brashness pre and during the battle. Another thing Shinochi wished he had done is gather a little information on her. Recon is a major factor in defeating the enemy but once again 1 on 1 isn’t that type of thing. Letting out a sigh and cocking his head to the left Shinochi place his hands on his hips and looked at the sword bearer

I guess realistically speaking after seeing just how impressive her movements were I should’ve switched to CQC and used my segments and senbon as support.

Shinochi said rolling his eyes and sticking his tongue in his cheek.

not to be like a total dick but that whole analogy made no sense. Why are you building a structure with vines anyway?? What species of vines have thorns?

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Kisuke's patience was already wearing thin. However, the thought crossed his mind of this being a mutually beneficial arrangement. Though he practiced the teachings of Bushido and Kendo, he rarely had the chance to exercise the things he learned in a meaningful, challenging way. Before he stood a living breathing direct opposition to everything the Ishiguro believed in. It was poetic in a depressing sort of way.

"It would be wise to not insult your teachers." Kisuke could only imagine the boy'd expressed similar thoughts to Mariya. "And that goes for both of us." Looking towards the woman, he'd give a slight nod as an "I've got your back". "Is there anything you'd wish to share with our new protege?" The emphasis on the 'our' provided a playful allusion to how strange he found this whole prediciment.

He'd simply wanted to practice his kata in peace - and now he was joining a squad.

"...What've I gotten myself into..."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:06 am

Mariya's brow furrowed as the boy continued to insult Kisuke. Kisuke, was it? Mariya still didn't understand what she was feeling... but she had never felt this way before. She surely would remember this boy. Ishiguro Kisuke. In a submissive way she gently said her name again, emphasizing it was Mari-ya, not Maria. Pushing those thoughts aside she pondered that perhaps the boy didn't mean it and it was just a result of a very poor upbringing, much like dogs who were no trained yelped and barked too much. Hmph. Either way, her father told her she was to protect and help all of the village. Mariya cleared her throat.

"Our protege, yes" she said stepping forward. She honestly had grown to dislike the boy, but her talk of their duty had seemed to spur him and as long as she "trained" this boy, she likely would get to see Kisuke more.

"Well, I believe we should perhaps teach him Taijutsu. He wants to use that impressive mace and his Jikiton, but he swings the sword around with lack of aim and precision- his body like a wet noodle." she said with a giggle.

"While it is cool too have a big sword, you look much more lame when you look like you can't handle it." Mariya said winking to Shinochi.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 pm

What was with people in this village. Shin could’ve sworn he wasn’t being standoffish with his last verbal assault. He thought back on it and chuckled to himself. These guys have no sense of humor and Shin was basking in it. Looking over the two again Shinochi decided it was about time to not be 14 yards away. Lowering his voice and adjusting his town, he turned to the Kunoichi and smiled softly “okay what can we start with then?

He let out a stupid snort as she made her comment on big swords and tried covering his blushing face. His tan skin giving away the faintest shade of pink. The point of even being here was just some training. Shin hated the idea of someone one rank ahead of him telling him what to do but with him still being a part time academy student, he was yet to remotely get picked for a 4 man cell or anything of the sort.

Well not to be insulting lady but you’re a little too high strung for me to think you have any experience at all in... Swordsmanship

Shin hadn’t really had much room to Brag. 13 was an age of growth and transformation. Lately some of the Kunoichi in the village were indeed looking cute but the most Shin could muster up is a nosebleed and some stammer.

Regardless of sword play, How about you guys actually bring me along on some sort of mission. Show me the ropes of you will?”

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm

The talk of swordplay coming from the shinobi was amusing. Of course, it was important to train with one's weapon until they're well versed. Kisuke offered his insight. "My brother and I often practice swordsmanship on each other. Young one, if you need, I'll gladly spar with you if we plan in advance." Kisuke looked towards Miriya before speaking again. "You as well, if you wish to take up the blade." None the wiser to the subtler meaning the two were getting at, Kisuke was utterly oblivious to what he'd just said, given the context.

A mission, huh? This kid sure was eager. "Perhaps it's a bit soon to take on a mission. You'll need more training before you're ready for all that." Kisuke would look between the two who were now likely to take up most of his time for the foreseeable future. He knew little of his Maria woman, but she seemed capable. The boy was very raw but had great potential.

"Two days, at dawn? What say you?" Kisuke would pose the question on the next time he and the young one should meet to train. He'd look towards his equal in rank and pose a different question. "We should coordinate on how this will work. Are you free tomorrow night?" Kisuke was asking from a purely objective standpoint, but he wasn't oblivious to how asking a woman to meet him at night could seem. "To discuss swordsmanship, that is."

That was sure to clear it up.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:45 am

All the talk about swordplay had Mariya real confused. After all, she had no idea how to handle a sword really. Kunai, sure, but she had never really used the fame weapon of samurais. For her all she needed to assert her dominance... in battle... was her trusty whip. Regardless, the other two men around her used sword like weapons, so she would have to go with it.

"I would very much like to get more experience and practice against your sword. I prefer to use this whip in the heat of things, but I still have many things yet to learn- like how to get that sword out of your hands and into mine." Mariya said as she drew her whip from her side and held it in her hand. With Kisuke's proposal of meeting in two days at dawn for additional training, Mariya bowed her head. Moments later he mentioned the two of them should meet up... to plan more. Tonight? Not sure why really Mariya's cheeks turned a rosey red.

"Yes, I think that would be sufficient." she said as she held up a thumbs up. She didn't really get the gesture but her father was always doing it. He said it reassured people.

ShinochiBlint

Post by ShinochiBlint » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 am

Shinochi found the nearest tree and threw up his breakfast hastily. The amount of Possible sexual innuendos was enough to make Shin actually physically sick. The way the two kept going back and forth it was almost like they had no clue what was going on. Adjusting his kimono slightly Shin slipped his hand in his pockets and turned to exit the training grounds.

Yeah sure, 2 days. Just , don’t have too much fun playing with his sword. I’m sure the Raikage would love hearing about that

Shin laughed to himself and hastily exited the training grounds.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”