Straighten Up and Fly Right

[Sealing Thread]

TheLegendaryCrabman

Post by TheLegendaryCrabman » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:07 pm

"Oi, oi. You've got plenty of nerve talking like that to me. Where do you get off thinking that's gonna fly?" Oosoro asked, his right eyebrow arched upwards in indignation and annoyance.

The boy in front of him couldn't be older than himself. Small and defiant, he glared at Oosoro with the fury only a victim could muster. His back was hunched and his body fat. His cheeks red and his eyes slightly blurry from the tears that began to sneak out. He seemed like a gentle kid, cheery, innocent. Too innocent. Too unused to the cruel parts of life.

"You stole from my friend! We've been saving that money for weeks to buy some kunai!" The boy retorted, his voice cracking under pressure. For a 14 year old, Oosoro was pretty intimidating. Solid, cold and overwhelming like any bully could be. The boy was shaking in his boots, and yet he was trying to push onwards to fight for what is right. Oosoro was having none of it. In one swift motion, he struck the boy with a harsh body-check. It was sudden and violent, and the boy did not manage to retain his balance. Tripping over his own feet, he fell on his ass. Dizzy and defeated, his resolve seemed to flood away from his own body.

Oosoro took up his Kanabo and held it in the air menacingly.

"And? Go get some more and pray I don't make you cough it up this time. Get out of here before I lose my generosity." He coldly replied, Kanabo still held high and ready to come crashing down. There was no negotiation, only the realization that life was just a bitch sometimes.

The boy and his spectating friends quickly got up to their feet and rushed away, mumbling threats, insults and exasperated curses, unwilling to take a beating for the sake of small justices. Oosoro looked on as they ran, slightly satisfied. The moment didn't last long, though. That feeling that hit him from time to time was back. The feeling he got from doing such things. A little whisper of guilt and pain in his heart for having done a bad deed.

Muttering curses, he turned around to leave the scene.

phpBB [video]
NameVillageRankTeam
The Legendary CrabmanLand of SharksD-RankN/A
Toukai, MariKirigakure no SatoD-RankN/A

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 pm

It was a long, drawn out sip from his tea cup and yet the warmth inside could not calm the magician. His hand twitched slightly as he placed the delicate cup back upon its saucer on his desk. Surprisingly the paperwork infront of him didn't burst into flames despite his glare. Tears of frustration and grief threatened to well up from within, but Senji held them back as he had often had to. How many have to be sacrificed to these stupid beasts? he thought to himself as he read his orders a fourth time. Every time he read them he couldn't get rid of the faces in his head, Sou and Yasu. Lost to the Genma they couldn't control. Senji took another sip with a shaky hand. He had no choice but to create another Jinchuuriki. Part of his studies into learning ways to prevent having to make them meant he also had to learn the process that went into sealing the Genma inside hosts. And now he was ordered to do it.

The magician placed his cup back on the table and stood, snatching the papers from his desk. With a quick hand he scribbled a signature hurriedly across a few sheets and stepped toward a blank wall. With a wave of his hand and a flash of energy a door appeared and he stepped out of his tower into his assigned office space within the Raikage's tower. He thrust the papers toward his assistant, refusing to look at them a moment longer. "Take these to the appropriate people, quickly. The operation will commence tonight." he growled. With that, he channeled briefly to summon appropriate attire onto himself while he searched his sensory network for the appropriate signature. He'd been tracing his target for a few days now, ever since he'd gotten the orders. Found him. Senji pulled his broad brimmed hat down low on his face, and shrugged his fur-lined coat into a more comfortable position. He tapped his staff twice on the ground as he channelled his chakra, covering himself in a blue glow. Then everything went black.

The magician's body twisted into existence a short distance from the scene of the altercation with a rush of air and a brief flash of light. He walked quickly around the corner, sixth sense trained on his target. With a swift turn he stood in the alleyway, timed perfectly so that one Oosoro Nakamura was exactly the right distance away from Senji to hold a conversation. The blue mage spoke from the shadow cast by his large hat, "Oosoro Nakamura. Come with me." The frustration and pain he'd felt for the past few days meant he spoke harsher than he had intended. The boy didn't deserve to be treated harshly, especially given what lay ahead for him. But Senji couldn't help but be angry at the entire situation, and it had slipped out in his voice.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

TheLegendaryCrabman

Post by TheLegendaryCrabman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:55 pm

As he swung his kanabo from side to side to amuse himself while walking, Oosoro wondered about what to do next. Ruin a couple of trash cans, maybe paint offensive slurs on a public building. Think I'll check if the guys are at the usual spot. Could use a smoke and a drink, not like I'm lacking for money now.

A voice called out to him, and it meant business. Ceasing all motion and leaning his kanabo against his own shoulder, the "Red Nose" eyed up the man that stood in the alleyway entrance. Handsome, lithe and visibly annoyed, the Bannin gave no room for negotiation and awaited for the boy's compliance. His posture, solid. His intentions, a mistery. His clothes, completely ridiculous. Oosoro wasn't happy.

"And why would I do that? Need some fashion advice?" Even though he was carrying his usual hostile tone, Oosoro couldn't help but feel like holding his tongue. The man in front of him held an aura of power and authority, that much was unquestionable. A nagging thought drummed at his mind as he couldn't help but feel like his harasser was familiar. The clothes, the voice, it all rung of reputation.

Suddenly, eureka. Oosoro's brow crooked upwards once more, now mimicked by his upper lip in a display of disgust.

"You're one of those Bannin fuckers, aren't you? Don't you have people to let die somewhere? Fuck off." He stood in defiance.

phpBB [video]
NameVillageRankTeam

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:46 am

Senji raised a single eyebrow at the comment about fashion advice. At the second verbal assault, the second eyebrow went up. Senji had been irritated, yes, but that flew out the window with the sheer surprise that he felt. It was a moment that he spent standing, just staring idly at the boy before him. He decided it would be best to just... get on with it. "Actually, I'm required by my mission to inform you that you've been chosen to fulfill a special role in the village and I'm to prepare you for it." He replied.

He wasn't sure what lead to the boy's attitude, or why he was so disgusted with the Magician simply because he was recognised as a Bannin. Senji gestured to the side and in the blank wall that stood opposite the two, a golden door engraved itself into the stone surface. There was a loud click which reverbrated throughout the alleyway, and the large double doors swung open with a loud creak. "You can come with me and I can explain. Or we can do this the hard way."

CharactersShow
Character

TheLegendaryCrabman

Post by TheLegendaryCrabman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:04 pm

"I- But...*sigh*..." Exasperated, his speech faltered. Although not yet done with his aggressive outburst, Oosoro was quick to calm himself down a bit and hold his tongue. False hero or not, the man was a Bannin and who knew how far his patience could stretch. His uncle would also definitely not be pleased if he heard about his disrespect towards the higher-ups, not to mention the disobedience of direct orders. He'd be running so many laps around the Academy his head would spin, and that would be after the beating of a lifetime. "Whatever, man."

Not letting go of his defiant glare, Oosoro walked towards the man. His body language screamed of teenage tantrum as he practically dragged himself forward, but nonetheless he moved. He now looked much more like the bratty fourteen year old boy than the obnoxious street thug. His grip on the kanabo tightened and he muttered curses between gritted teeth as the door grew closer.

"Not like I had anything better to do anyway..." He proceeded to stubbornly make excuses for himself.

As he approached the door and readied himself to go through, he wouldn't resist the opportunity of brushing shoulders with the man. The shoulder check wouldn't be much harder than a light touch, its only purpose to show Oosoro wasn't happy about being pushed around. Wether or not he was successful, he would keep walking forward.

"So what's this special role, anyway? Am I gonna start picking trash from the streets?"

phpBB [video]
NameVillageRankTeam

Nafan~

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 am

Senji looked down at the child as he brushed past, still more perplexed than insulted. What on earth is with this attitude? he thought to himself as he walked through after the boy, the doors creaking inward with a loud clap to signify their closure. The next time the young Oosoro looked up the doors would be gone, as if they'd never been there in the first place, instead a window peered out into an endless twilight skyscape.

Instead the pair stood in a well appointed sitting room, a long, plush lounge sat on one side of a coffee table that appeared to be crafted out of solid brass, with chairs sporting matching upholstery on the opposite side of the table. On the table was a pot of tea with three cups. As he walked into the room, the Magician spoke "Please, sit. You'll need to soon enough.". Senji sat in one of the single seats, pouring two cups of tea and placing one in front of wherever the boy chose to sit. Even if the kid had an attitude problem, Senji wasn't going to forget his manners.

"No. Your duties will not involve such... mundane matters." Senji took a deep sip from his cup. He steeled himself for what was to come. The last time he'd had this conversation with a young person destined to be a jinchuuriki had not gone well. He placed the tea cup back on the table with a sigh and finished his train of thought, "You've been selected to become a host to a Genma. My mission requires me to tell you that this is a great honour, and you will serve your village valliantly. I must say that the genma offers you many opportunities, and should you master it you're guaranteed to make it to at least Jounin rank in your career. The power that the beasts offer is great, and you will be able to protect a great many people." He listed, as if speaking the last few points while reading from a book. Then his tone, and face, became much more serious. "I personally will warn you that this means your life as a regular person is basically over. There will be a voice in your head at all times that will try to convince you to do things that will help it fulfill its plan to escape the prison that is your body. You will undergo strange changes, and at times you will be unable to control yourself. It is an extremely taxing fate to become a Jinchuuriki. I am required, despite these facts, to ask whether you will consent to becoming one." and with that, he took another sip of tea.

CharactersShow
Character

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”