The amazing food eating contest

Kaitos and dot

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 pm

It was a sunny day and Haruka was getting hungry, her usual appetite was draining her expenses badly and because of that she hadn’t eaten her fill in weeks. It felt so unsatisfying so she started looking for a way to eat her fill without having to pay to much. But even after days of searching she still couldn’t find something that could fit her needs. After all she didn’t want to have to sacrifice quality for quantity that would be just as bad most likely.

As she searched she continued shopping buying her usual food when she saw the poster for the eating contest. She was ecstatic this was the perfect way to eat her fill for a long time in awhile. As she kept reading it got even better! It turns out the prize would keep her fully fed for a long time. This was great, amazing even though eventually she noticed the food was one she liked though sadly it wasn’t one of her favorites or something she really liked but beggars can’t be choosers.

But finally at the bottom in fine print she noticed must have a partner this caused her to finally crash back to reality and slump down to the floor. She looked up at that line while it fully registered in her brain and she eventually started yelling angrily while holding onto her head saying “where the hell am I going to find a partner!?” She then slumped her head down in defeat and said in a melancholy depressed tone “there goes my food and full stomach. What am I going to do now” she then reluctantly continues shopping depressed that what seemed like her best chance is unlikely to happen. She eventually finishes her shopping and starts moping back to her apartment while muttering softly “where am I going to get a partner.”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Noeru was walking down the street wondering, 'What can I do today... I've done my share of training this week, today is the day off." Few moments later he came across a poster that looked quite interesting from a far. It mentioned a food challenge, and he was definitely not the one to turn down food. He walked up to it to get a bit more information about the event, but before he could get there some girl approached. Noeru stopped in his tracks as he did not want to scare the girl. But suddenly, she began grabbing her head and speaking to no one in perticular. Noeru did not know what was going on, and he did not want to approach as the girl actually intimidated him a bit. So he waited until she strolled off, and then he approached the poster.

His eyes dashed across the page, and suddenly his hands moved to his head. He subconsciously imitated the girl, not only her body movements, but her state of mind. But, he managed to arrive at a solution very quickly. He dashed after the girl. 'Hey!' He shouted as he chased the girl, who surprisingly made it quite far in such a short period of time. 'Heeeeeeeey! You! Black hair! Red scarf!' He shouted as he closed in on his target. He ran to her side, keeping a few meters apart. Hopefully his desperation would be enough of a message to make her stop, as he had to catch his breath before he could speak. 'Whew...' He let out and took a deep breath as he straightened himself out and looked at the girl. 'Hey, I'm Noeru. I just saw you reading that food challenge poster. I think we could help each other out. I need a partner too you see.' He said with a smile on his face, hoping that the right would say yes.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Haruka would stop and turn around looking confused as the man desperately tried to catch up with her and make her wait. She then waited for him to catch his breath and then happily heard his message at first she was about to introduce herself to him when she heard his name. But he wasn’t finished talking and so she waited to hear the rest of what he had to say. But when he finished she completely forgot about introducing herself as well as who he was and anything else related except her empty stomach.

So she quickly said without even thinking “yes! I would love too!” Her day was actually starting to turn around now, that amazing chance wasn’t out of reach now! If she didn’t know better she would’ve guessed that her shouting actually triggered a reversal of fates but in fact she was just lucky enough to have someone nearby who heard her and knew about the contest. This as good great even now all she needed to do is hopefully win.

She then jumps up and down happily saying “yay! I got a partner now I get free food!” She then begins to rush to the area where the contest is taking place. Then realizes she needs to wait for her partner so stops for a bit and starts walking instead Happily thinking of finally eating her fill again. She then started to try to think of strategies to win, as well as wondering who the contestants would be. But then she just realized she didn’t even know who her partner was.

She really hoped he didn’t already say who he was because it would be pretty embarrassing for her so she then strained her brain trying to do damage control and how she could find a way out of this with as little damage as possible. Eventually she gave up and decided to reluctantly ask who he was a pretend she didn’t hear him or something along those lines. So she turns around and says “by the way who are you again? I can’t remember if you told me at all.”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:58 am

Noeru smiled as he heard the girls answer. They would both be eating after all. Without realizing, the girl was already half way down the street in a massive rush to get back to the restaurant. Noeru liked her excitement and rushed fter her. It would not be long until they were back there. He nodded with a smile on his face, 'Me too! I'm so excited about this!' The youth let out and realized that the girl had no given him her name. He wanted to ask, he just did not want to be too upfront about it. So he just waited for the right moment. And eventually it came.

The girl herself asked him what his name was after he had given it, which threw him off a little, and ended up assuming that she was just too excited about the meal and was not paying much attention. He scratched the back of his head, 'Sorry haha, I never introduced myself, I'm Noeru!' He said and brought his hand down and extended it towards the girl. He was hoping that she would pick up on what was happening and that she would offer him her name too.

While this was happening, Noeru was subconsciously suppressing the amazing smells that were coming from the restaurant. He was already thinking about what he was going to get. His stomach was beginning to rumble and he was just hoping that they would be in there as quickly as they can. The worst he could imagine in this situation was the long period of time they would have to wait before the food arrived.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:38 pm

Haruka looked on relieved that he hadn’t introduced himself yet. Though she did her best to hide the fact that she was relieved since didn’t want to make him suspicious or confused. She then smiled and said “ nice to meet you noeru! I’m haruka” she then shake his hand when suddenly she starts to pick up on the smells coming from the restaurant. This makes her realize there close to the restaurant and she says “that smells good, I forgot we were so close,” she then rushes inside the restaurant. Then quickly looks around for someone that works there and says happily in a excited tone. “I’m here for the contest! So where do I sign up! Also when does the contest start! And where do I go once it starts “ Haruka would then wait for them to respond practically bouncing out of her skin with excitement.

When they mentioned she needed a partner she would realize she left him behind and would start look for him to see if he was hopefully following her. She really hoped she didn’t have to go out looking for him and wait for the food even longer.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:09 am

Noeru smiled at the two finally became acquainted. Haruka was a nice name, he liked her. She seemed full of energy, something that was pretty rare. He followed her into the restaurant, and laughed as she expressed her excitement to the front of house, inquiring about the challenge. He just stood by and let her take care of all the formalities. He thought dealing with the paperwork was a nuisance, so he just stayed out of it.

'You just need to sign here, both your names and just take a number. The challenge is constantly on going. Take a seat, and a waiter will be other to you in a minute.'

The lady said casually as she took out the register for the challenge. He would then follow her to a table and sit down opposite her. He never realized how nice this restaurant was. He always walked by but, he and his family had never gone in. Now this place was another he could add to his list of placed that he has visited. He was well excited.

After taking a few minutes to take in the layout of the venue, it's atmosphere, and how many people were inside. Noeru looked over at Haruka and smiled once again. He wanted to find out about her, she seemed like an interesting girl. He believed that any opportunity to meet someone and make new friends should be taken. So he started off lightly, 'What do you think our choices will be?'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Haruka normally hated paper work and internally groaned when she found out it was required. But thankfully it was very little and she was so excited and looking forward to the food that she didn’t really care as much as usual about it. So she finished it quickly and followed there instructions.

Once she had taken a seat and a number she would excitedly tap her feet. Waiting as paitently as she was capable of given the circumstances. As she was waiting she anxiously looked around to see if she could figure out who the other contestants were. She was so excited about the contest she didn’t notice the atmosphere at all.

She just wanted the food to get here as soon as possible but even in her excitement she tried her best to remember her manners. She couldn’t remember the last time she was able to eat as much as possible, so it was a really nice treat to be able to find out she could at least this one time that is. Though she wondered how much the other people here were capable of eating and if she would be capable of beating them with her partner.

When he finally spoke to her she was reminded he was here and replied “ummm most likely ramen I think that seems to be konoha most popular food as far as im aware. Though if it’s not that then I have no idea what it could be.”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:07 pm

Patiently waiting for the waiter to come. Noeru watched the girl before him with utmost curiosity, she appeared lost in thought, almost dazed as she looked around the room. Eventually, she came to and spoke. Ramen, a good option. Indeed it was one of the favorites in Konoha. However, Noeru hoped that would not be the challenge. Noeru fancied real food, noodles with water were not going to fill the hole of expectations that was his stomach. A juicy steak, with some Maris potatoes, and freshly cooked vegetables is what he had in mind. That was his fantasy.

A girl, older than themselves approached their table. 'Hello you two, I just wanted to offer you the menus, and in the mean time would you like something to drink?'

Noeru smiled as he received the card. Looking up at her, he asked for some chilled water. Waiting made him thirsty, and staying hydrated was key. His gaze then fell onto the card, scanning a dish that fulfilled his fancy. The choices were plenty, now he was in a situation he was not sure about. Skimming through he eventually came across something that sounded delicious. 'Temari Sushi Platter,' made up of finest sushi rice and topped with three different kinds of fish, salmon, snapper, and an amber jack. On the platter, there would also be fresh ginger, wasabi and soy sauce. Finally his gaze returned to Haruka.

'I found what I want! Sushiiii! What are you having?!'
Excitement burst out of him with every word, and he looked over at the girl hoping to hear what she had chosen.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:50 am

Haruka looked on confused as he asked for chilled water and said “wont that make you be able to eat less? Since you could fill up partially on the water leaving less room for the food?” She would would then wait for him to respond hopefully with a good answer before the lady left. When she was looking at the menu she was surprised to see that her favorite food was there. Causing her to slightly drool, she would then try her best to say calmly “definitely the sashimi maybe some sushi also.” Though because of her overwhelming excitement her voice sounded a little shaky.

Though she didn’t realize that at the time she was now more excited then ever for the food and to win as well. She wondered if this was a publicly stunt by a new restaurant to gain attention so they could compete with konoha’s famous ramen restaurant. Either way she was just happy she was getting this food and hoped she could win so she could eat as much as she wanted from now on.

If her partner was able to convince her of the benefits of drinking water by then she would order some water along with her sashimi. Then would wait as the lady left with there orders. After seeing what she’s going to be getting she was more excited then ever to get her food. This caused the nervous tapping to get even worse.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:36 am

Staying hydrated was important. Especially if the food that arrived was made a little too salty. His body would need fluids to keep everything working as it should, so drinking little water every now and again would only help him out. Looking over at Haruka, 'That won't happen if you drink in moderation, when you feel that your body is drying up...' said the youth before taking a short pause to formulate the rest of the answer. 'If you don't drink you'll just get sick, especially if the food is going to be have salt in it.' He hoped that answer would suffice, but to him it did not really matter too much, he was going to get the water regardless of what Haruka decided. He was just a little annoyed that the waitress was still there, with their order. If she had left already the food might be half-way to being ready, Noeru frowned.

His stomach was beginning to make very uncomfortable sounds. Skipping breakfast was not a good idea, he was feeling all drained and slowly his survival instincts wanted to take over. At time he felt like just jumping over their table, and snatching their neighbors plate from them and devouring it whole, this is how hungry he was. And the waitress was still stood there waiting. What a pain... the youth thought as his eyes shifted between his companion and the waitress, and began to tap his feet a little, just to keep his mind off the hunger.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Haruka nods and says “that makes sense, I guess you have a point on the getting sick part and that would obviously be bad.” She would then order the water and the waitress would leave soon after. It would take several minutes before she returned with what looked like multiple carts of food. With at least half of it maybe more going towards Haruka’s side of the table. As soon as she saw it land she would immediately start eating as the waitress left the carts there. Before asking “is there anything else I can get you?” Haruka would meanwhile be quickly eating at break neck pace stacking plate after plate as she started finishing the food that was brought to them.

She was so happy she could finally eat her fill and of her favorite food no less. Her excitement and hunger got the better of her, in retrospect she most likely should've waited until the waitress finished putting everything on the table before she started eating. Though unless some one would point that out to her she most like Wouldn’t realize it and would keep eating the various sushi and sashimi. She was very happy at this point and hoped that her stomach wouldn’t give out before the contest is over and she has won.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:53 am

Noeru shook his head at the waitress before she departed, only to come back a few moments later with a trolley full of food. This was what they were waiting for. The challenge that would keep them full for days. As soon as the first plat hit the table, Noeru would grab his chop sticks and begin eating. Similarly to Haruka , he should have waited for the waitress to do her thing, but he was so hungry that he could not wait. He was also fourteen, the girl probably would not take any offense from him for stuffing his mouth with all the food.

There was so much, Noeru had to plan ahead of time what dish he was going to go for next. There was a pot of soup that was still resting on the trolley. After Noeru stuffed his face with all the different verities, he dived at it, grabbing it with both his hands. After he placed it before him, he reached for the porcelain spoon and dipped it into the fairly thick cocktail of veg and and stock. There were bits of pork and egg in there that gave the soup that touch of satisfaction that it needed to land among Noerus favorites. Every spoonful he ate slowly and carefully, knowing that this is the only one on the trolley, he wanted to make sure he tasted all of it flavors. And in the mean time, he looked over at Haruka to see how she was doing.

'This is so good!' He let out with a smile on his face.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:47 pm

Haruka would just keep chowing down hoping to get in as much as possible so that she could win. In addition to the free food the mystery prize seemed very enticing, so she really wanted to win, she heard rumors of what it could be as well as thoughts of her own. Those on top of her current hunger kept her eating little did they know that the mystery prize that was being kept super secret was actually a life time supply of food at the restaurant.

She was very happy that she was able to eat this much and have a chance at earning something good in the process. Though she really really wanted to win she figured all she could do was try her best. When she heard Noeru she replied “I agree” she then went back to stuffing her face when they finished one of the carts the waitress came back and offered to take more orders which Haruka would place her orders for more sushi and sashimi and after Noeru submitted his the waitress would leave and take the empty cart and replace it with a new cart full of food.

As Haruka continued to eat all she could think about was eating enough so she wouldn’t be hungry for a long time and of course winning this prize which she hoped was money so she could get more food
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:28 am

Seeing as Haruka was stuffing her face with more and more food, Noeru felt inclined to eat even more than her. He started taking even bigger chunks of food into his mouth, chowing down more and more with each gulp. He was not just trying to win the competition for the sake of winning, he wanted to be the better of the pair of them. Eating food in such big quantities was not an everyday thing, but he was not going to allow that to stop him. When he felt like the food was getting stuck in his throat, he would simply slurp a little water and then carry on eating.

Soon enough the food wagon was empty, and the waitress to their orders, disappeared for a few minutes and then came back with yet another wagon full of food. This was definitely one of the greatest days of Noerus life. It was so great because he would eat enough for his body to have enough fuel to rebuild itself as it should, and he would still have enough of energy to keep himself going and to carry out a lot of training later on in the day. But then again he did not know how much food they were actually expected to eat, and with the rate the food was coming at, it would not be very long until he would be defeated. He just knew that he had to keep himself motivated for as long as he could. He used Haruka as inspiration, partially wondering how a person of her size could eat so much food.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Haruka wondered why noeru was eating faster she figured there was no point in trying to out eat each other. As long as they were the fastest group, it seemed quite odd to her to say the least. But she just ignored it and kept eating at her normal pace hoping that her partners strange behavior wouldn’t make him to full too fast. As she ate she noticed more and more people either leaving the restaurant of there own free will. Or they would puke and be forced to leave the restaurant. She figured if you puked up the food here you were disqualified so would make a mental reference to avoid that until at the very least she was out of sight of the restaurant staff and other people.

She then kept eating as she watched more people leave or be forced to leave until only a handful remained. She would then keep eating pacing herself later on so that she wouldn’t get to full and feel the need to puke. Haruka was rarely one to be competitive or prideful in most situations but she did understand that some people just liked to be the best at something. It made them feel special the only thing she didn’t understand was why someone would have to be the best at everything they do.

Finally they would finish another cart of food, and the waitress would appear again Haruka may not have realized it but her partner wasn’t the only one wondering how she was eating so much. But she just had a fast metabolism and was a very active person this lead to needing lots of food. Other then that she wasn’t sure why else she was so hungry a lot and ate so much.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:47 pm

Noeru sat completely consumed by the act of devouring the food. Three mouthfuls followed by a swing of water to help the water travel down to his stomach. He was surprised to find that he was beginning to sweat. Eating so much food must have been putting a lot of stress on his body, it was almost like he was in a trans, completely forgetting where he was or what was going on. He was simply fixated on beating this challenge. And to his sudden surprise, the waitress arrived with another cart of food and began speaking; 'You two have done remarkably well. This here is a the trolley that stands between you and victory. I wish you the best of luck. And then she disappeared into the crowds behind her. And it was then that Noeru realized the size of the trolley with the food. It was huge! Definitely the biggest one of the lot, and they had to eat it all, to the very last grain of rice.

The youth felt overwhelmed. The belt putting a lot of pressure onto his stomach as it was now around three times bigger. Noeru shook his head and completely forgot about all the unpleasant feelings going through him. And with that he reached and grabbed the closest plate from the trolley and once again entered his trans. This was the last straight for reaching eternal glory, he thought, and he was not going to allow any little bit of pain to distract him from achieving it.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Haruka would keep eating casually though recently she started to slightly lower her pace but besides that she kept eating. To outside observers it may seem like she was barely effected when she saw the woman arrive with the huge trolly she looked on shocked. The trolly seemed bigger then what they previously ordered which was concerning.

Then she heard the lady speak and looked on even further shocked saying “you mean most other people have already lost?! “ she then looked around it did indeed seem like there were drastically less people then before but were they really that close to winning? She then heard the waitress speak again and say “that’s correct” Haruka then asked “so what happens if someone else finishes the cart along with us?” The waitress would think for a bit and say “that’s hard to say, You would at least tie but we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it “

Haruka then nodded and thanked her then watched as the lady left, Haruka then started eating again thinking to herself damn I hope I can eat all this I’m starting to get full but I really don’t want to loose. She would then go back to eating again trying to pick up the pace again but occasionally waiting for the food to digest so she had room for more.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Noeru was busy stuffing his face with all sort of delicacies. He had intention on paying attention to what was going on around him. The only thing that managed to get through this delirium caused by eating was the word 'tie,' he realised that if they did not beat the other teams they may tie with another team. He was not going to do that. Simply put, he wanted the trophy. He wanted his name to last for all eternity in the books of this restaurant. He was going to get it regardless of what was put in front of him. It was time to speed up, it was time to go all out. There were only a few plates left on the trolley, and Harkua appeared to be slowing down. As unfortunate and painful as it was for him and his stomach, he would have to pick up the slack and eat whatever she could not.

But, he had to do. He would have to find the determination to attain eternal glory! And so he did, pushing himself through the pain and sweating. Pushed the food down into his stomach that right now felt like it was about to burst. But in the face of glory... it was worth it. And a little while later, with his stomach feeling like it was going to explode, the lady turned up once more, this time without a trolley, and announced to them that they had won the challenge. If noeru could move he would jump with excitement, but he couldn't so instead he carried on sitting and swallowed his final mouthful. Few minutes later he passed out from eating too much.

[Exit Post]
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”