[Graded] Just another day of training

TyDie

[Graded] Just another day of training

Post by TyDie » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 pm

As one made their way through the underground tunnels of Iwagakure, nearing the man's usual training area, the 'Woosh' sounds of his weapon could be heard as clear as day. And once someone was in the subterranean cavern, the echoes of Jinsai's movements reverberating off of the walls would make quite clear that the man was in the midst of an intense training session. His labored breathing and grunts of effort could only barely be heard over the spinning of his metal sansetsukon, it's lightning fast movements displacing the air with each powerful movement. In his mind, Jinsai was surrounded by opponents, and so the twirling of his sansetsukon was the only thing keeping him safe from utter destruction.

Every shift and spin was intentional, not an ounce of energy was wasted, as the man fended off phantom opponents with ease. His staff was always in just the right position for a block, or a parry, or a strike. He'd bat away one opponent's attack, shift himself out of the way of another, deliver a swift kick to a third enemy, then whip the staff hard against what he envisioned to be his enemy's skull. In reality, it was a rock, and the rock shattered at the impact of Jinsai's weapon. He stood shirtless in the cave, sweat glistening off of his tight form, his lean frame containing dense muscle as rigid and hard as the very rocks he was shattering with his staff.

So focused on his imagined combat was he that he likely wouldn't have noticed anyone arriving in the cavern with him.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Just another day of training

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Ume leaned against the wall of the cave, crossing her arms in silence as she watched the man train. It was the first time she had seen him without his multiple layers of clothing and honestly he didn't look at all how she had expected. She knew he fought with a great deal of taijutsu of course, and had expected a fairly muscular build, but truth be told she hadn't expected quite a detailed build simply because of his age. Even among shinobi, men his age started to let their form and disciplines go, many started to think of retirement and spent less time training. As she stood there watching she could plainly see this wasn't the case for him. No this man spent time daily training and it certainly showed.

She had been watching him in silence for quite some time honestly, debating how to break the quiet as she came to realize he wasn't just going to notice her on his own. No he was far too focused on his training to actually notice her standing there. That simply wasn't going to happen. Silently taking one of her push daggers in hand she let it fly with a flick of her wrist at his weapon, aiming to knock a part of it away from him entirely. Fighting unseen enemies meant not expecting actual resistance, the movement alone would be enough to knock him out of his focus, she knew that much. Even if it had no real effect.

"I should have brought popcorn for such a show."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:11 pm

As Jinsai was twirling the edges of his sansetsukon, preparing an earth shattering strike, his rhythm was suddenly interrupted by an additional, unexpected force applied to the right end of his staff, sending it off course from the spin he was controlling. This caused it to shift enough that it would have caught him in the back of the head, had he not tilted his head to the left enough to avoid the rotating bar of steel, before pressing the button on the middle section of his staff to bring the other ends together with the middle section. This would turn it from a three sectioned staff, to a regular quarterstaff, which he would then plant in the dirt as he looked down at the ground to the source of interruption; a push dagger. One he recognized almost immediately, as he reached down to grab it and turned to the source of a sudden female voice.

"Haa... I wasn't... expecting company." Suddenly, he felt a little awkward in his partial nudity, as if she was eyeing him like a piece of meat. However, he was still too sweaty to go putting on his nice clothing, and so he'd simply find a low rock and sit on it while he waited for his body to cool down. He'd also toss the push dagger back to it's owner, flipping it through the air as opposed to throwing it like an actual weapon. As he sat, he moved some of his hair out from in front of his face, flicking a few beads of sweat away as he did so. "Well... I would assume you didn't come just to watch me train, but your reference to it as a 'show' has me second guessing that. To what do I owe the pleasure, Ume?" Jinsai's discomfort at being ogled wasn't too noticeable, but Ume might pick up on it if she tried to. His staff rested against the same rock he sat on, while he panted slightly as his body returned to it's normal condition.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Ume caught her dagger rather easily as it was tossed back to her and put it away, smirking a bit as Jinsai spoke. Of course she could tell she had embarrassed him, she knew him well enough by now. "Well I was going to train, but then I saw you here and thought I'd just watch you for a bit... gotta say, there was more to watch than I thought." she admitted, stepping towards him with that smirk still firmly placed. She watched him as she approached, knowing this would bother him and perhaps even get him to turn away. "There are a few skills I need to brush up on, but temptation got the better of me. Most men your age are thinking about retirement and that's reflected in their bodies, but not you. You really are the career shinobi until you die fighting type aren't you?" she remarked. As she got close she'd start to circle around him, and around the rock.

One when she was certain she was out of his sight would her hands move into seals at all.

When she came around again she'd reach a hand down to his shoulder, still smirking. "Now I got more than one reason to hope you'll help me train." she said with a bit of a giggle, leaning down to kiss him on the cheek.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Nise No Ai • Infatuation]
C-Ranked Status Genjutsu
Prerequisite: Touch Initiation Concentration
After forming the appropriate hand seals, the user triggers the genjutsu by kissing the target. This triggers an infatuation with the user that can last for up to five posts, causing them to do anything they might do for someone they are in love with.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:03 pm

Jinsai was by no means a weak man. He had faced great enemies, participated in death defying missions, and always come out on top. But gods above, this woman knew exactly how to get under his skin and make him uncomfortable. She circled him like a lioness about to pounce, all the while talking about his physique in comparison to his age. And so uncomfortable was he that his neck was practically locked in place as she moved. "Well... Minus the dying part, yes. I have no intention of retirement, until I can no longer fight that is. And i'm not even 40 yet, what do you mean 'most men my age'? I still have plenty of time left to-"

The man was cut off mid sentence, as she smirked at him, mentioned him helping her train, and kissed him on the cheek. And then, all at once, something overcame him... Suddenly, he went from uncomfortable, to relaxed. And from relaxed, to lusting. his eyes filled with desire as she pulled away, his heart began to race even though it had only just started to slow down from his training. His pupils dilated slightly, his breathing quickened, his mouth dried a bit; all telltale signs of his newfound interest in Ume. "A-as you wish. I'd be happy to teach you... anything..." He found his mind filled with thoughts and feelings that he was unable to reign in, his body stirred with uncontrollable urges, and all of the things Ume had done to make him feel awkward now had a very, very different effect on him.

This was Genjutsu. The woman had used Genjutsu on him.

"You... really need to release me from this Ume. You don't know what kind of... person I am when I feel this way." He spoke in a sort of 'growl', under his breath, as though he were fighting something primal within. He was in control of his body, and he knew that no matter how far he went he couldn't bring himself to hurt the woman... But hurting her wasn't what his mind wanted.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Ume smirked still as she circled around in front of him after the kiss, raising an eyebrow as she watched him react. His body language changed entirely, even his voice. She couldn't help chuckling as he spoke. "You're helping me learn already." she remarked as she watched him. "So for now.... just stay put." she told him as she observed him. "You're aware, but I take it you can't kai... interesting. I'll need to work on that, you shouldn't be so aware, it should feel natural. But it is a jutsu of my own making for my assassinations, makes sense I'd fumble it at least once..."

She sighed, crossing her arms under her chest and tilting a hip to one side as she thought about it and watched him, rolling her eyes at his caution. "Please, you can't be any worse than an Akari going for my shiin, I think I'll be fine." She looked at him a moment and shook her head a bit. "Maybe I should focus on Iijutsu though. I need to work my way to Mystical Palm. Though I do have gen to work on as well, but judging by your face I don't think you like my gen much. I'll have to find a more willing test subject."

The smirk had quickly returned. "An assassin needs a more willing test subject after all."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:08 pm

The Fukusha man was downright embarrassed by the thoughts running through his head, the things he wanted to do to Ume being awakened by the genjutsu she had cast on him. And a part of him had to wonder how much of this was the result of the genjutsu... and how much of it was already in his head, and simply tapped into by the genjutsu? Either way, he was growing desperate, and he didn't want Ume to see him like that. As a last ditch effort, power coursed through his body as his stormy blue eyes turned purple, the Shogo Zumi manifesting in all it's splendor. And then, with a hard "SLAP" of his hands together in the Ram seal, Jinsai purged his tenketsu as best he could... and it worked. Once more, he was able to render control over his emotions, and the amorous feelings he held towards Ume had gone... mostly.

"Yes... You can plainly tell I am not willing in that regard." His eyes bored holes into Ume as he regained his composure, his feeling of love being replaced with a feeling of anger. The woman would be able to see the same fire in his eyes that she had seen as he fought his imaginary assailants, a fury that burned deep within Jinsai that few ever got to see. "If you'd like to practice other forms of genjutsu I'm more than happy to assist you, but please... nothing like that. I don't want you to see me like that, Ume. I..." He paused for a moment, thinking if it was really a good idea to delve deeper into this topic... deeper into who he was and what he liked. "...No, it's best not to go into that."

He shook his head once more and stood from the rock, standing a few inches over her, and let out a sigh. "Still, forgive and forget. No sense dwelling on it. Would you still like to train with me, Ume?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:25 pm

Ume chuckled at Jinsai's discomfort, rolling her eyes at his theatrics and waving a hand dismissively at his concerns. At least outwardly. Mentally she took note of his body language, of the way he had spoken to her, and every aspect of it. Granted she had little in the way of experience with men but she had enough to know what infatuation normally looked like, and this wasn't that. It was almost as if for Jinsai it was the difference between being man than beast, and it was information she temporarily tucked away in case it were ever important to know at another time. For now, it didn't matter at all. And for now, it was all the more important for him to think it would never matter to her, nor ever be remembered in the future. "Oh please, I'm not a virgin, Jin. You can stop being so worried." she quipped. "I'm an assassin, some things I have to be willing to do to get close to a target anyway. And I wasn't planning on jumping you under a gen either. I meant you being willing to be gen'd for my practice, not humped. Sheesh, relax a bit." she rolled her eyes emphatically and sighed.

"Maybe instead we should visit the teahouse or the onsen so you can relax a bit. You look like I just tried to shove you off a cliff." she added, shaking her head as she motioned towards the exit for this particular cavern. "I know a good teahouse I think you'd actually like if you want to start there."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Jinsai let out a sigh as he wiped the last bit of sweat off of his brow, his purple eyes staring at Ume as she made her mention of previous acts of the carnal variety. "I realize that, Ume. You've told me as much already when we were talking about your ex. But there's... more to it than that. At least in my case." His deep seated emotions tended to show themselves during baser actions, and it was something he didn't relish the thought of sharing with Ume. He didn't want to scare her with that side of himself. "I'm happy to help you with your Genjutsu training. Just... nothing like that, please. That's all I ask." He reached for his shirt staff holster and let out a sigh, putting his clothing back on and grabbing his staff before folding it up and placing it back within his holster.

"I'm still interested in training if you like, but a good cup of tea would be nice as well. A little relaxation would be welcome... I don't do that very often, if i'm being honest." He'd leave the decision up to her, though he had to admit an onsen sounded tempting.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:42 am

Ume looked at Jinsai a moment, shaking her head as he continued talking about his reaction to her genjutsu. It was more information she filed away but didn't outwardly acknowledge. Instead she seemed to focus on his eyes as he moved around, and she shifted to stand in front of him. She suddenly blocked his path and even reached up a hand to cup his chin to get him to look down at her. "You know, you keep showing off those eyes of yours." she remarked. "You always do this, or just trying to match the color of mine?" she teased, chuckling as she turned back towards the cavern entrance.

"Well if you're going to relax I think the tea would be a better option over the onsen." she said, before looking over her shoulder at him and grinning again. "Best onsen I know is co-ed, and somehow I doubt you'll relax if you have to try and hold a conversation with me while naked." She purposely kept her phrasing vague enough that he might not know if she meant her nudity or his, but in truth she meant both. Naturally, she instead led the way out and towards a market area.

It wouldn't take long to find their way to a teahouse that looked like it was carved into the rock. It had beautiful windows and an ornate door, but as the door opened it was clearly a cave. Inside was dark but well lit with lanterns hanging from the ceiling, candles along the walls, and a beautiful serene setting. "Welcome to one of my favorite getaways." Ume admitted as she led the way inside and a waitress greeted them.

"Welcome to Tea Leaf Grotto. Just two?"

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 am

Jinsai looked away from the woman with a slight twinge of embarrassment as she called attention to the Shogo-Zumi. "N-neither... Sometimes it's a reaction to stress. In this case it gave me the power necessary to release myself from your genjutsu." He scratched the back of his head as he finished, then closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. When he reopened his eyes, they had returned to their usual stormy blue. Since she had an idea of where she wanted to go, Jinsai would follow her towards the exit to the cave... then he'd freeze for a moment as she mentioned a co-ed onsen.

"...Yeah. Let's go with the teahouse." Was all he said in response, but it was clear he was struggling with the answer. And not because he was embarrassed of being seen... Still, they made their way through the market area, and came to a beautiful looking hole in the wall - literally. The building was carved into the rock itself, which wasn't typical of most restaurants or tea houses. They usually opted for traditional buildings, as they had a more relaxing ambiance to them, but somehow this place took the oppressive feel of a cavern and made it relaxing. It was an impressive sight to behold.

As they were invited in and sat at a small two person table near one of the windows, Jinsai looked around to take in the sights better. "Wow... this place is impressive. How'd you find such a place?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Ume happily settled into a cushion at a two person table as they were seated. It was clearly something meant for a couple, both cushions being slightly against the wall and facing out towards the service. She looked up as Jinsai inevitably sat down as well and the two were presented with menus. "Honestly for awhile I just felt like I didn't have anywhere to go that wasn't tainted by my relationships and bullshit, so I just started wandering around and stumbled on this place one day. I've been coming here pretty often ever since." she admitted.

"It's kinda become my safe haven... you're the first person I've actually brought here." She looked over the menu a moment before looking to the waitress and ordering herself a hot green tea and a couple of fresh fruit options as well as a few treats and falling quiet to allow Jinsai to order too. "So you pretty much know my life story at this point... why don't you tell me yours?" she asked when the server walked away.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Jinsai smiled as Ume explained what the tea house was to her, pleased that in the turmoil that had been her life the past few years she was able to find a haven of relaxation. "We all need somewhere we can go to truly let go of our troubles, even if only for a moment. It gladdens me to know you've found one for yourself. If you don't mind sharing, I may come here from time to time myself." He spoke with a smile, his hands resting calmly on the table in front of him. As the server came to take their orders, Jinsai gave his, opting for a black tea and some fruit as well. After all, he had only just been training; the energy boost would be welcome.

She asked him about his life story now, and she was right to a point; he knew a lot about her life. Being attacked by her own parents, the plague, Koyama's death, her tumultuous love life, her capture and drug addiction... She had been through more in her short time then people twice Jinsai's age. And it was only fair he go a bit into his own past, now that their relationship as overseer and ward was a formality at best. "So... You want to have that conversation." Jinsai closed his eyes for a moment, contemplating where to begin... As he opened them, his stormy blue irides looked off into the distance, his childhood coming back to him.

"My mother died giving birth to me... It was the event that awakened my older brother's Doujutsu. The awakening is triggered by a powerful emotional event, and is usually accompanied by a celebration... Usually. Given what had triggered it, the 'celebration' was more of a mourning. And the same was the case with my own, as my Shogo Zumi awakened when my father died. I was 15. I'll spare you the boring details, but it was about that time I realized that the nomadic life my clan was living was too dangerous to continue on with. We were existing, but we weren't thriving. We weren't growing. So I made my choice... I left them."

The server came back with their order, setting a litany of fruits in front of them; berries, oranges, grapes, apples, a couple of bananas even. And of course, they each got their own pot of tea, which Jinsai quickly poured from to break up his story a bit. "I meant what I told you before; My clan immigrated to Iwa years after I did. For a long time, I was the only Fukusha in this village. I was... completely alone. And you know as well as I do that our people do not take so kindly to outsiders. I basically lived in a slum for five years or so." He spoke with an eerie stoicism, but deep within the flame of his anger was growing brighter and hotter. It was almost like he exuded this aura of tension, like at any moment he might snap... but he never did. Instead, he calmly took a sip of his tea, giving a break for Ume to interject.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:18 pm

Ume looked a bit taken back as Jinsai referred to it as 'that conversation'. Still she sat quietly, letting the man speak as he went on to explain a bit about his history. When the tea came, she quietly took a couple of raspberries from the tray and put them into her teacup before pouring herself some tea and set it aside. Her expression was more than a little somber as she said nothing to interject on Jinsai's remarks. She simply reached over with a hand and rest it gently on Jinsai's knee. For the first time in a long time, Ume truly had nothing to say. She had a feeling he wasn't done, and already she could see a swirl of emotion in the man.

The pair were still getting to know one another, and she knew he didn't trust her clan. From day one he had shown an intense dislike of her for her clan affiliations, and she had already worked hard to show him that she was nothing like them. In spite of all that, as she listened to him she knew he was the closest she'd had to a friend in a long time and suddenly she felt bad for even asking the question. If it weren't rude she might have told him he didn't have to continue. But that would only upset him more. He seemed ready to tell her, and so she'd simply let him.

Since the cushions were set up for couples in fact, if he hadn't objected to her hand on his knee she'd even shift the way she was sitting. Instead of sitting with her legs crossed under her, she'd move them to one side of her so that she was leaning up against him and speak simply, and quietly. "For the record, no matter how they see you then and now, you're not alone anymore. I trust you. I care about you."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Jinsai didn't stop Ume from touching his knee, nor did he stop her from leaning up against him. They were friends, of that he had no doubt. Otherwise, he wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to reveal all of these deep, personal details of his life. For a moment, the anger within him stymied, the fire cooling to an ember, and he smiled to the girl as she made clear how she felt about him. His own arm would rest on her shoulder, gripping her tightly as he responded with a smile. "I know. And I appreciate it more than you know." He'd grip her for a few moments, silently calming himself with her help, using the sound and feeling of her body's breathing as a sort of metronome by which to bring himself down again.

"I proved myself. Time and again, I proved that I was a valuable asset to Iwa. Mission after mission, task after task, completed and dealt with timely and efficiently. The village, being the meritocracy that it is, rewarded my efforts with more trust, more promotions. Things got better... And then that whole fiasco with my clan coming to Iwa happened." Of course, Jinsai was referring to how the Fukusha clan came to Iwa in the first place; The Iwa shinobi who were killed by the clan for trying to stop their banditry, the clan's large numbers being culled by an all out attack by Iwa, and the martyrdom of the Clan Leader's brother to give the clan a safe way into Iwa so that they might survive and integrate. It was a brutal, bloody history, and on top of many in the clan not liking serving Iwa, almost all of them saw Jinsai as a traitor for having come to Iwa so soon before them. "Many of the older Fukusha are still bitter about things. And they're not quick to let their grudges go, least of all against one they view as a traitor. I wish they could see... I only wanted them to come to the safety of the village. The life of a nomadic tribe is rife with dangers. If we had better medicine, better treatments, better doctors, my father wouldn't have succumbed to the disease he contracted. That life... It wasn't sustainable anymore."

He just wanted what was best for them... he didn't want them to suffer. He didn't want any more unnecessary death. And of course, by being so rebellious, they brought on far more death. "Your people aren't the only ones stuck in their ways... It's a detriment to any people. Those who can't change with the times are doomed to failure. History shows this time and time again." He paused again to drink from his cup of tea, pour himself some more, and take an apple from the platter in front of them. "Stop me if this all becomes too much, Ume. You don't have to let me ramble for fear of being rude."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Ume leaned forward to pick up her tea, but settled back against Jinsai again once she had it. She sipped it carefully as she listened to Jinsai. Listening to everything he said she slowly came to realize why he'd been such an insufferable ass when they'd first met. He'd spent most of his life being treated like a traitor, completely untrusted, like a stranger, it was little wonder why he'd treat everyone around him the exact same way. She kept her tea in her left hand, her right still on Jinsai's knee as she idly moved her fingertips back and forth across it as he spoke.

As he paused and mentioned rambling, Ume shook her head and leaned forward again to refill her tea before leaning against him again. "It's not that." she admitted quietly. "Just realizing why you were such an ass when we first met." she finally said, unable to help a bit of a smirk as she turned to look up at him. She leaned her head back, resting it on his shoulder as she did. If she realized how close she was to him she was unphased by it and her smirk faded to almost a sad smile. "No one has ever fully trusted you, its little wonder why you treat everyone around you with so much suspicion and hostility, especially at first."

She sighed quietly and lifted her head from his shoulder to sip her tea again before setting it on the table. "Honestly I'm not trying to be polite, Jin... I'm just... I hate that you've had to live like this."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Jinsai closed his eyes in quiet contemplation, only opening them as Ume mentioned feeling bad for him having lived like this. "There's no need to feel that way. I may not have had Iwa's trust from the beginning like most who were born here, but I earned it. Through hard work, dedication and skill, I proved that I was of value to the village, and worthy of it's trust. It was a hard road, but for me personally, it was worth it in the end. I wish my clan might've understood me better, but it is what it is. I'm still happier now then I was as a nomad." He'd take another drink from his cup, setting the cup down and looking over his shoulder at Ume...

She had grown very close to him over the past few weeks. They had been at each other's throats at first, though him 'being an ass' as she put it was at least some part of it. Neither of them trusted the other, and now that they were, he was finding that Ume was a physically affectionate person with those she trusted and respected. It was... a nice feeling. And not one he had had much of in his 40 years of life. He enjoyed it, even though the rest of the tea house probably thought they were on a date or something. Let them think what they wanted; he was just happy in the moment. But that was going to go south soon enough, there was still the matter of his brother to talk about...

"Now... the only Fukusha who still cared for me when the clan came to Iwa was my brother; Kiyoshi. I told you the gist of what happened, but the details are far deeper then that. You see, his hatred and anger towards me was replaced over the years with sorrow and longing, and we actually managed to mend bridges. We were family again... But he couldn't take it. He couldn't live in Iwa, it was just too much for him. So he left... Just ran away one night, cast aside his chance to integrate with the village and labeled himself a Missing Ninja."

But of course, this led to one of the most painful subjects for Jinsai... his brother's fate. "He hadn't hurt anyone. His hands were clean. He should have been captured and tried properly, given a chance to atone. Not..." He paused and let out a long sigh, his breath slightly shaky. "I should stop. You already know this part."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:08 pm

Ume rest her head on Jinsai's shoulder again, her hand shifting to the inside of his knee as he began to speak of his brother. She knew something of what had happened to the man, and it wasn't a happy story by any means. As he neared the retelling of his brother's end, her fingers stopped their fidgeting and instead gripped his knee lightly. She heard the way he breathed and knew it wasn't something he was comfortable restating again. "You don't need to tell me again." she told him quietly as she sat up and removed her hand from his knee, turning to face him more directly.

Ume took one of his hands in hers and looked down at it for a moment, tracing her fingers over his knuckles. She ran them over the back of his hand and up his wrist before turning his hand over. She brought her fingertips town gently, barely touching the palm of his hand until she intertwined their fingers and she finally lifted her head to look at him a moment. "I do want you to tell me one detail I don't know about it though." she finally said, looking at him as if measuring his response. "The Akari who did this to your family, to your brother... who was it?"

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Jinsai wasn't crying, his sorrow was well contained; just the same as almost every other emotion of his. But thinking about the woman that destroyed his brother, tore him to shreds... it was enough to bring forth that rage again, his breath becoming slow and deliberate as he once more exuded that strange, stoic calm. The tension could be cut with a knife. Slowly he reached for another apple, taking a large, loud bite out of it, trying to keep his cool. But Ume's hand intertwined with and played with his own, touching his palm and locking fingers with him in a show of physical affection and concern. Again, it was enough to cool the raging flame of hatred within him, as he swallowed the apple and let out a deep breath to calm himself.

"Yuuki. Her name was Yuuki. I'll never forget her face." He set the apple down, turning to look at her directly as he spoke about the Akari clan in more detail. "I went to your leader about everything. Did I tell you that part? I demanded justice on my brother's behalf, as he didn't deserve such a brutal, torturous end. You know what he did?" He'd pause for dramatic effect, though given that it was her clan he figured she'd probably know what he was about to say. "He laughed. Told me my brother was a traitor, regardless of what he did or didn't do. I told him it wasn't for him to decide, that Iwagakure law should have been followed, and that Yuuki had no right to treat my brother like one of her clanmates. Yuuki got no punishment; just a 'don't do it again'. A thinly veiled attempt to placate me..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 pm

As Jinsai spoke that name, Ume suddenly froze. Her eyes were fixed on his hand for a moment before rising to his face. "Akari Yuuki..." she said aloud after he had said his piece, and the girl swallowed hard. She removed her hand from his and turned to take a sip of her tea, suddenly wishing it was something stronger before running a hand through her hair. Her tongue snaked between her lips briefly before they folded in and pinched between her teeth briefly. The girl took a deep breath and let it out slow. "I know the name." she finally admitted. "Even for an Akari she's violent. My former guardian, Koyama, had a run-in with her before I met him. They were a couple, and she used that to try and steal one of his shiin."

Ume shook her head and poured herself a bit more tea before taking a couple of raspberries from the tray and popping them in her mouth. She chewed them carefully and swallowed before speaking further. "He told me how she waited until they were physically intimate to make a try for it, cutting him open to try and rip it out of his chest." Ume's hand moved to rest just under her breasts, over her solar plexus as she spoke. "It rests here now, the same shiin he forced me to take while he was dying in my arms. She almost killed him before I met him, because of her he never truly trusted anyone after that." She chewed on the inside of her lip for a moment before finally looking at Jinsai.

"Tell me honestly, Jin. What do you want to see happen to her?"

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 pm

Jinsai was pretty horrified to hear just how brutal this woman was to her own clansmen. Even worse, Ume knew her brutality well enough that the mere mention of her name made her tense. To think that she would take a man and make them so distrusting of others, that she would lull him into such a false sense of security and betray his trust just for some stupid organ... That she would cut into him mid coitus. "How can such behavior be allowed to stand? I may not know much about the Akari clan, but I know a good deal about Iwa law. Such savagery, committed against her own blood... It's unthinkable."

He had gotten heated again, but this time it wasn't so much an anger... more of a determined feeling. His vigor to bring Yuuki to justice was renewed with such a conversation, and perhaps Ume could help him achieve that somehow. But she asked him what he'd want to happen to her, and he breathed deep as he thought about it. "She must meet justice. She killed my brother, my blood, and made a mockery of his remains. I couldn't even properly bury him. She needs to pay dearly for her crimes... but I don't want vengeance. An eye for an eye leaves the world blind. I won't become what I hate to avenge my brother."

He punctuated the sentence by finishing the last of his tea and his current apple. There was still a good deal of fruit available, but at the least his tea was done. "...I want to thank you Ume. It's been years since I actually talked with anyone about this. Since I could trust anyone enough to talk about this. It... helps."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Ume stayed quiet as Jinsai explained what he wanted. In truth, she was hoping that what he'd want would be much more violent, because that was something she could give him. But what he considered justice? Probably not. Even as he thanked her, she couldn't help but look down sadly as she realized that she couldn't give him exactly what he wanted. She sighed quietly and shook her head. "There's nothing to thank me for, Jin." she told him, looking at him again as she shrugged. "I can't give you the justice you want, not the way you want anyway, not the way things are." she admitted.

She reached out a hand again to rest on his forearm, her thumb moving back and forth across it as she thought about how best to explain things. "You see, the Akari are all that violent, sadly that isn't unusual. She's violent for our clan, sure. She might be one of the worst, but it isn't unheard of, and if she had succeeded in killing Koyama back then she would have been viewed as a victor. She would be seen as having earned that organ as from a position of strength." Ume shook her head almost angrily. "I hate my clan for this... and I want to change it. I just am not in a position to yet. The clan does have a way to get revenge, but not justice. We have an arena, I can challenge her for her slights against my guardian, and against your family because of how close you are to me."

She looked at Jinsai a moment as she watched his expression, knowing he'd hate what she was saying. "I... the best I can offer is that I can do to her what she did to your brother. And I can do it publicly. I can name her slights, her crimes, and I can destroy her for them. It's all part of the clan traditions. But I know that isn't what you want."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Jinsai let out a small sigh as she stated she couldn't help with the justice he wanted, but some part of him knew that... The way the Akari clan was, there was no 'justice'. It was kill or be killed; darwinism at it's finest. "I know." Was all he said in response, but her reasons went deeper. He wasn't going to get angry about it, but he definitely had to make clear that that wasn't what he wanted of her. "She's of your clan Ume. I don't agree with the way your clan works, the laws by which they live are uncivilized at best and savage at worst. It gladdens me to know you don't agree with the way your clan functions though; that mindset is all it takes to instigate change."

She was driven. She was strong. And among her people, she had one of the rarest, most powerful of those Shin that existed. If anyone was capable of making a change in her clan, it would be someone like her. "Work towards that change. And once the change has been enacted, bring her to justice then, on proper terms. My brother was tortured and eaten, but she doesn't deserve that... no one does." He let out another small sigh, placing his arm around her shoulder again and squeezing as memories of his brother came back to him. Gods, that anger within him... how he'd love to unleash every ounce of it on that woman. To tear her apart and leave her body for the crows.

But he was better then that. He was better than her. He would never stoop to her level.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Ume let him put an arm around her again, and she rest her head not just against his shoulder but the upper part of his chest as well. She listened to him breathe for a few moments, his words sinking in as she thought it over. She knew she couldn't get the man justice for his brother now, even if she somehow instituted change she wasn't sure she ever could. But an idea slowly took shape in her mind, and it wasn't that far off from what she'd already brought up doing. She remembered something Koyama had told her before and it cemented the idea in her mind, but it also raised a simple question in her mind.

She didn't move, still sitting with her head against his chest. "Jinsai... how much do you trust me?" she asked him.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Jinsai tilted his head in slight confusion as she asked him her question, his arm coming off of her shoulder as he moved out from under her and faced her. "I'm not sure I understand the question. I trust you enough that I just bared some of the deepest, most personal moments of my life. That's more than I've trusted anyone in a very long time." Having put a little distance between them now, he found himself concerned... his arms crossed over his chest, he would come right out with his own question.

"Why?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Ume closed her eyes and sighed as he shifted his position and his entire body language changed again. He was suddenly back to how he was before, closed off, keeping his distance. She had to stifle her own want to suddenly get mad at him. When she opened her eyes she was looking at him almost sadly, because honestly it almost hurt for him to suddenly pull away from her like that. She felt like she had her answer. 'So not very much... if I don't give him all the information immediately, he isn't going to trust that I'm doing what's best, or at least what I can...' She sighed and shook her head. "Because there is one thing I can do... but it requires you to trust me, because I can't tell you a damn thing about what I'm doing."

She looked at him a moment before turning away and reaching into a pocket, taking out what she knew would cover what was owed for her tea and food, as well as Jinsai's, and put it on the table. "I just need you to trust me, that I know what I'm doing, and that I can survive it." she said as she stood and moved to step past Jinsai.

Though as she went to step past him, she knew he'd probably turn to say something, maybe even stand. When he did she'd turn to him suddenly to close what little space there was and kiss him, deeply. "Could always use a bit of luck though." she admitted, before smirking and turning away again to leave.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:54 pm

Jinsai was stunned by the litany of responses he got to his question, and each one left him with a dozen questions of his own. What was she planning on doing? Why couldn't she tell him? What did she have to survive? Before he could give voice to any of these, she had placed money on the table to pay for the food and drink and stood to leave. Of course, Jinsai stood too, calling out to her. "Ume, wait, what are you talking ab-" The man was cut off suddenly... by the pressing of Ume's lips against his. So stunned was he that he didn't even fight back for the first few moments, instead returning the kiss out of reflex. But as she turned away from him and left with her casual smirk, he found himself muttering.

"...I trust you. But don't be stupid. Please..."
Active Characters

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”