Dragons of Past and Future

Kat/Chi

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:40 am

The day had closed on an interesting development from around the lands. With the sun's final rays barely glinting over the distance horizon the people had begun to retire to their homes. The titan ascended his tower to wash the day's work away and the mother of monsters sought company from the melodic voice of Varu'Kahn. The Ghost had chosen his evening and the company he wished as his blade watched nearby, looking for her night's enjoyment as well. And the Beastia sat with her Shaman and Tyrant well outside the rebuilt walls of the nation, sharing a meal with the dragonkin that had come to them.

"There is much yet to do for this to be a true home."

"Yes, but each new light shines a little brighter."

"We'll rend the sun from the sky to make this kingdom worthy."

"Not all light's come from the heavens, mighty dragon. Some sit upon the soils with us." Arsa looked down towards a draconic girl, extended a hand and patting her lap. "Some stars shine brightest from the earth."

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:51 am

Mika stood staring out where the sun had gone to her rest. To her it was like watching fires go to rest and the screams of her mother had finally gone to quiet as the girl had finally found peace. She heard the others talking behind her and soon turned to look at them, pacing back to them as her tail twitched back and forth behind her. "Where will I stay?" she asked quietly as she looked at Arsa first, and then to Kori. She seemed oblivious if she was being asked to sit as she instead remained standing.

Her wings stretched out behind her briefly before coming down over her shoulders almost as if she were hugging herself in thought as she looked around. "Do we choose our own homes here?" she asked, suddenly curious. "I would love to build a place by a river... near a river's outlet to an ocean if we have one... hunt local fish and mollusks with my hands..." Her eyes seemed to shine in the night just as the moonlight began to reflect off her scales as in a moment's thought and excitement, albeit briefly, it was almost as if water dripped from the girl's fingertips.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:03 am

Kori looked down upon the welp and lowered his head. "Then take it as your prize."

"Might not be the best idea to build anything in the deltas. Mom and I were down there and the river's flooding brought the waters taller than me. I'm sure some of the lakes would even drown you, Kori."

At this the dragon turned an eye to glare at Katsu but he said nothing, though a faint warmth could be felt emanating from him. A second later he released a puff of smoke before the temp returned to normal.

"None of mine will be without their den. If she wishes it to be where the waters flow then she need only to claim it. I will aid in building it where the freezing rivers can't destroy."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:10 am

Mika seemed in thought at what Katsu said, though briefly she closed her eyes as Kori's anger surged briefly. The warmth she enjoyed a moment before he calmed and she sighed. "A cliff or something then." she said, looking between the two of them. "During the low season my wings will get me to and from and during the floods I will still be safe." She took a deep breath and let it out slow, a grin snaking its way across her lips. "With such a place I can be as free as any dragon... and also be happy as any human."

A moment later she sat down roughly and reached up a hand to get a section of her own hair, running her hair through it several times as if brushing it as best as she could before starting to braid the portion. "I've never built anything myself. This could be fun." she mused in childish whimsy. "And some day maybe I can transform to be as big as Kori.... and also as normal as anyone else too... maybe." she seemed to be talking to herself, but happily.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:20 am

"To spread your wings and soar through the skies as easily as any bird. The thought is truly wonderful and we should all be so lucky for the experience. To step out and greet the sun's first kiss and leap to return in kind?"

Arsa trailed off into blissful thoughts that Katsu had to grin at. The titanic woman put a hand on her shoulder as if to bring her back to earth, a gesture that failed. Shaking her head she returned to the conversation at hand.

"I think I saw some cliffs to the north. River cuts deep there and I think it should be safe enough long as you don't go falling in. I'm sure the rapids during the floods would be lethal to most people. Hell, probably be a good workout too once you bulk up a bit. Think I saw one of those huge fucking snakes there too so if you wanted a good hunt there you go. Probably all over the place."

"A good home in an ever changing land. Should you wish we shall see it."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:17 pm

Mika grinned at Arsa first, loving for a moment the nearly wistful look on the woman's face before listening to what Katsu had to say on the matter. She was almost giddy at the idea. It sounded like a perfect place, a place where she might be both girl and be dragon. That was a thought that clearly delighted her as she turned to Kori and he mentioned seeing the place. She nodded rather quickly. "I can't fly myself yet but... it'll be a perfect place to start from." she said rather eagerly.

She started to run over to Kori but quickly skidded to a stop before turning towards Katsu first and giving the large woman a hug first. "I never dreamed I'd have a home again, much less one with so much freedom." she admitted with a grin. "Even my mother used to restrict what I could do every day... thank you." she squeezed one of the woman's hands in her two small ones before kissing it in a rush and moving over to Kori and clambering up his scales again in a rush, clearly eager to see the place for herself.

She was excited to start her new life, and for a child strangely eager to build her home with her own two hands.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Katsu pat the girl on the shoulder as Kori began to rise, turning towards the cliff face Katsu was speaking of. Arsa began to climb onto the dragon's paw and gripped one of the large crystal formations as they made ready for the flight over. Katsu unfurled her wings as well, letting them catch the sun's rays for a brief moment before giving them an experimental flap.

"Me or him, your choice. Sooner than later we'll get those wings of yours strong enough to keep you airborne though so you don't have to wait for us to simply go wherever you want."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Mika grinned as she clung to Kori, though she glanced towards Katsu for the moment. "Him." she said, almost giddy. "I may need help from more sometimes though." she admitted. "I want to build my home myself... but I might need help getting the materials up there sometimes..." As she hung on to Kori for the flight she practically snuggled in, eager to see where her new home was going to be, where she'd be setting up her new life at.

She wasn't fazed by the oddness of her companions, nor the nudeness of Katsu. She knew every individual here was different and unique, perhaps considered strange by the outside world, but to her she already loved them for these simple facts. The innocent and naive girl was in bliss.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:39 pm

Kori grinned at Katsu and turned towards the cliffs she was talking about. From his vantage he could see them perfectly. Arsa nuzzled close to Katsu's chest and wrapped her legs around the titan's waist, arms around her neck. Katsu and Kori both gave mighty flaps and leaped into the skies, allowing their wings to gain the wind. Both made sure their charges were well secured during the flight.

It wouldn't be long before the cliff side came into focus, and shortly after they had arrived. There was scarcely a place to land for the titanic wyrm so he made to land within the gorge itself, clinging to the side of the face and allowing his tail to stretch down to the waters below, just barely touching its waves. The surrounding area was covered in dense foliage which fed off the river. Dense vines covered the entire wall with very near not a stone able to see the sun's light. Tall and mighty trees with soft supple bark covered the cliff top, it would provide ample wood. The stone was strong and solid, providing structure. And though the dragon made it so few animals made a peep, the tell tale trails were clearly seen.

"I'll remain here while you explore, small wyrm. If this is to be a home I would leave these trees as yours to bend to your will."

Katsu touched down after Kori rocked the cliff's structure but it held firm. Arsa dismounted and began to look around, giddy as she seemed to almost dance with each step taken.

"Wind and water play here with the souls of the land. This place sings and dances, oh and it can see our home in the vally below!"

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:18 pm

Mika was almost downright giddy as Kori came to the cliff and clung to it. She was cautious as she climbed down from his back to the top of the cliff itself. The wind caught her hair and her cloak but it didn't frighten her. If anything the feeling of the winds only exhilarated the girl. She loved the feel of the ground beneath her and rushing to the nearest tree she put her hand on the trunk to feel the bark beneath. A grin was plastered on her expression as she heard what Kori had to say. She turned to look back at him. "I love it." she told him. "It's perfect." She pointed to the very edge, a corner of the cliff. "A perfect place for meditations, to watch everything pass by while drinking tea at least." She pointed to another nearby area. "A cookfire, smoke rolling right off the edge without endangering the nearby trees or the structure itself." She was grinning still as she turned towards the trees and sighed. "Yes... this is where I would build it."

She looked back as Arsa spoke as well and smiled too at her. "It really is perfect." she reiterated. "As I grow I could live here, and also watch from here for everyone..."

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm

Katsu watched the small girl and even her iron hardened heart melted just a bit. Seeing such happiness was a rarity anymore and for the briefest of moments she considered this a bigger win than the battle for the city. Planting her extra limbs in the ground and leaning on them the woman allowed her shoulders to relax just a tad as Arsa noticed and came to mock massage them. Kori began to look all around the lands and found them acceptable, especially since Mika had done so herself. Looking down into the waves he did consider the idea of bridging the river but said nothing.

"If you like it then I'll tell Hide to leave this area alone. Chances are he won't even consider it a claim as he's too focused on shit down there. Just find a way of marking your territory and make sure you keep yourself safe. I'd start by figuring out what you wanna do with the place and get some ideas. We'll help shape and mold things for ya. Building a home is not a one person job."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:20 pm

For several moments Mika simply stood there and closed her eyes, letting the natural winds flow against and through her outstretched arms as she enjoyed the feel of them. "It's like everything is welcoming me home." She crooned. A small smile crossed her face as she stood there, before she heard Katsu speak and turned to look at the woman. Already though many perhaps saw her as more beast than woman, in Mika's mind she saw a mother figure. She walked over and put a hand on her as she looked up at her. "Maybe it is more than a one person job but I'll do as much as I can on my own." she assured her, smiling all the while.

She looked out and off the cliff at the great view and the childish grin quickly returned. "I better start on a small shelter!" she said suddenly. "I'll need something up to sleep in while I work." She turned and suddenly ran for the trees to start a search to see what she could find. If there was a small cave nearby she knew that would work best, but otherwise she knew with large enough leaves and branches she could build a leaning shelter of some kind to sleep under and stay out of the elements while she started the major work.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:20 pm

Katsu sniffed the air as the girl rushed off to set herself in. Even as the joy of the situation was calming her, instinct told to be aware. The serpents that called the swamp lands their home often traveled far in search of pray. The frogs could devour a child caught unawares, but their scent was fading if there at all. The giant dragon probably doing well to let them know this was no longer their land. Satisfied, she returned to watching Mika in her efforts.

Kori scanned the area a bit more closely as well. Without making it known he detested the cramped in nature of her chosen home. There was no room for one such as him to be here without destroying something in the process. Were this any other situation that problem would be moot, but this was a wyrm's den, and one he cared for. An idea began to come to mind though, one he'd not enjoy but it must be done. As Mika began to run into the forest he allowed his back talons to begin to dig into the side of the cliff face, sending stones and earth falling into the raging waters below. Before long he'd begin to radiate a dull brown color as the earth bent to his will, speeding up the process.

"You know, I think I like this little shit. She's got the right attitude and will be fine out here." Katsu said below her breath.

"Aye, she glows in this world like a gem in the sun. A radiance I've seen twice before and currently."

Return to “Other Countries”