[Graded]Chin chin!

Open Social for those at the chuunin exams, participants and spectators.

Set up in Aroma, on the oceanside cliffs, a tournament arena, and a practical village of temporary homes and stores have been set up. Merchants from all over the continent will be selling wares.
hobnob

[Graded]Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:18 am

They came in all shapes and sizes; round ones; square ones; long ones; short ones; dense ones; light ones; and Noeru was casually admiring each and every single one of them. With his hands interlinked behind his head, the ankle of his leg resting on top of his other knee, and a piece of straw sticking out of his mouth. His gaze was fixated upon them, and he was beginning to feel sleep taking over his mind. The recent travels have really taken all the energy out of him. More so emotionally, than physically. The hassle of packing, meeting with the group, traveling, arriving, registering, unpacking. It was a lot of work. Work that he did not exactly care much for. It was a necessity, if he wanted to rise in the military ranks of the ninja world. So now, he was taking his sweet time to kick back, and relax a little before the real trials began.

Casually perched on one of the roofs of the shops in the capital of Aroma country. Noeru minded his of business, ignoring the people below him, however much noise they were making. Some were going about their business, some were arguing with other about their goods, some actually managed to notice Noeru perched on the roof. It was only a matter of time before he'd get into trouble. And eventually, the shop keeper came out and began shouting and raving up at him. But, the dazed youth paid no attention to him. Or rather, was unable to due to his attention being held captive by the mesmerizing sky above him. 'mmm... This place is so refreshing.' Said the youth under his nose as he allowed the atmosphere to get the better of him. Slowly fading into darkness, his eyes shout off his vision and he was beginning to dream. Until a moment later, when a sandal struck his forehead. 'Uhhh...' He groaned as the another sandal landed next to him. Reaching out and grabbing it, slightly confused about the situation, and eventually casually chucking it down to the shop keeper. It was time to find another place to relax. Jumping onto his feet and taking a few gentle leaps down the roof, he was soon on the ground next to the shop keeper.

'My sincere apologies mister...' The youth said as he kept his arms by his sides and bowed to show the depth of his apology. That was not enough. Eventually when he stood straight again, the keeper decided to unleash all the built up stress he business has caused him. Receiving the brunt of it, Noeru took on a very defensive approach, trying to diffuse and calm the man. Allowing to the all the blame for all the stress the old man had received, knowing full well that he had nothing to do with the issued the old man had. Both hands in front of him, with his palms open. 'No no no! I understand, it's all my fault... I am sorry for the weeks of stress you have experienced... But remember without you none of us would have all the good you have to offer us...' The words came of like honey covering a very burnt piece of toast. The right amount could make it sweet and save the situation.

Few moments later, still unhappy, the man accepted the apology and disappeared back into the shop, even offering the youth a little smirk. Noeru, with his heart going a little faster than normal, reached to the back of his head with his hand run it through his hair a couple of times. 'jeez...' he let out along with a sigh of relief.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Yukari turned her head to the sky and smiled, breathing in the clear air and stretching away the stiffness from the arms after countless days on the road. Although it had been a long journey, she'd arrived in Aroma Country still full of excited energy; not only was it her first time abroad from Konoha -- with days of great scenery on the way, too -- she'd come to spectate an unprecedented set of international bouts featuring some of her own peers. One day soon it could be her standing in the fighting rings -- but for now she was only there to watch and learn.

A similar excitement seemed to fill the surrounding town. While some locals feared the influx of ninja so soon after the war, all seemed to understand that these exams served as a crucial diplomatic experiment. Would the tensions and wounds from the recent conflict reignite, or would the peaceful nature and so-far-promised co-operation of the event prevail? It was also true that hosting it would bring sorely needed traffic, trade, and recognition to the new government and towns of the region. Not too long ago and not too far away, the country -- then known as Oasis Country -- had been a bloody battlefield, and fiercely contested for a number of reasons. But for now at least, locals and visitors alike seemed happy to push that memory aside for the greater good. And so a young, as-yet-untested Genin of Konohagakure was free to wander the streets and marvel at the sights without fear of sparking trouble.

She turned down a different street and made a beeline for what looked to be a local store. Perhaps she could find some souvenirs to take home with her? They must be full of ninja memorabilia now, what with everything going on. As she approached, she caught sight of a local man berating a boy before storming back inside the building, and the boy... was another ninja! She quickened her pace, all thoughts of souvenirs vanishing at the prospect of meeting a foreign ninja and learning what they were really like.

And so, upon getting close enough to recognise a Konohagakure headband and the Senju crest on the boy's clothes, she slowed and sighed in disappointment. All this way, and of all the people she could run into, it was someone from back home anyway. She shook her head, but decided to continue her approach anyway.

"Hey!" She stopped not too far away and raised a hand in greeting, her voice still betraying some excitement. "Are you taking the exams?" A konoha local or not, meeting a contestant was exciting, except... She squinted, examining the boy closer. He was a bit older, sure, but... Well, he didn't look like what she imagined a chuunin contender to look like. He wasn't even any taller than her, and she was tiny!
"Oh, I guess not, huh. Well, do you know where the contestents are? I wanna see them all!"
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:58 am

With the shopkeeper finally gone, the genin wiped the little bit of perspiration off his face. Realizing how much havoc the situation has caused as he looked around, noticing that people actually stopped to watch the commotion. Suddenly, not far off, he heard a voice that was gentle and feminine. With his gaze running along the horizon trying to find the origin, Noeru eventually spotted a young girl with a Konoha headband tied around her head. 'Heyy...' The youth exclaimed as a smile took over his face. It was truly a joy to see someone else with the same headband as him in this town. Suddenly he felt like he was home, and a nice, warm feeling ran through his body.

The girl approached, she seemed a little younger than himself, but in size there was very little difference. Noeru being slightly bigger in terms of muscular structure. With a feeling of pride he nodded at her question, he was a participant in the exams. It seemed like she did not believe him, since her follow up clearly stated her mind about him. With the feeling of his pride deflating, Noeru tried his best to keep his wits about him. The smile on his face turned into one of slight awkwardness.

'What is she saying... Do I not look like a contender?'

Not sure how he could let her know that he was taking part in the exams, without coming across as cocky, or hurting her feelings. The youth decided that it was best to just go along with it and see where this scenario would take them.

'Oh! I'm not too sure, but I'm really interested in seeing what they are like! We can go look for them together if you want!?' Taking not of that little piece of excitement the girl showed earlier, he would do his best to show the same level of excitement as best he could. Not too much, and not too little. Not wanting the joke to be revealed he could not come across as being overly excited. It was not common for guys to get excited about things like that. Especially not the ones who got into arguments with shopkeepers.

Assuming the girl would be up for the little genin hunt idea, he would turn and allow her to lead the way. He was aware where the Konoha contestants were staying, but he had no idea where the others were. With the organizers planning this exam to lower any possibility of an assault, they were not placed under the same roof. It seemed that a baby steps approach to achieving better international relations was their idea. But after the last few years, no one could blame them. With that thought, a little bit of fear washed over him, as he was not sure what would happen if they ran into shinobi from other villages. After all, genin were not the only ones who came down to this town. They were accompanied by higher ranked shinobi.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:04 pm

"Oh, you don't know either?" Yukari planted her hands on her hips and sighed, then turned to search the street; surely some of the locals or shopkeepers would know... Except they'd all disappeared.
"Wow, you really know how to clear a street, huh?" She looked back at the boy, then smiled to let him know she was at least partly joking. "What did you do, anyway? I could hear that guy yelling at you from all the way over there."

"Oh well, what's done is done anyway. But I bet we can find the contestants faster if we search together, come on!" seeing as the boy seemed agreeable to helping her look, she picked a random direction and started walking, pausing only to wait for her new acquaintance to join her. If he caught up, she'd belatedly stick out a hand.
"I'm Yukari, by the way. I guess I should've started with that," she grinned a little sheepishly, "sorry. I have a one-track mind sometimes."

"I reckon we should start at the middle of town and work out way outwards. There must be like, signposts for all us foreigners or something, right?" Eager, but a little clueless, she led them away further down the street, and picked a random turn at the first intersection. The path looked a little busier, maybe, and she made a blind guess that it therefore led towards the centre of the town.
CharactersShow
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:27 pm

'Nope,' Noeru shook his head. With no idea where they were heading, he casually followed the girl, hoping that this would turn out to be a benterlicious day. His head dropped as slight depression took over as he heard her say all those things. '...I was just chilling...It wasn't my fault...Really...' he muttered under his breath as he took one slow step after another, and eventually nodded in agreement with the girl who also eventually introduced herself as Yukari. A nice name the youth thought and grabbed her had shaking it. 'Nice to meet you, I'm Noeru,' he said before letting out a small chuckle at her comment. 'We all do every now and again haha.'

He followed her down the street, making their way onto an intersection that looked busier than the last. It seemed they were heading in their right direction, supposedly. He could not help but shake his head, 'We're foreigners to yanno...' and let out a gentle laugh.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Chin chin!

Post by Sia » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:09 pm

After some time traversing the great sea and getting into a bit of a spat for no particular reason, Maido and her gang found themselves in Aroma Country for the Chuunin Exams. Why? Who knows. Maido admittedly had only minimal interest in the affairs of the villages these days. Truth be told, her only reason for coming to them at all was because she was asked to. Still, perhaps she could find a new test subject while she was here. One from outside the mists. Perhaps...

She nudged Hisayo, suddenly. "Change your fucking face." Was all she said and Hisayo immediately went from grim to smiling. "We're here on request, so try to be friendly." She added before a retort from Kayoko. "You're one to talk," she spat back in Hisayo's defense. Raising an eyebrow in Kayoko's direction she realized that she too, had a somber expression. Oh well. Her eyes darted about. A busy market street, for sure, there was a bit of a scuffle a ways up ahead. "I thought we were going to see some fights." Spoke Kayoko impatiently. "In time. For now, let's just enjoy being free." Spoke Maido, now turning her attention to Shinjiro. "I wasn't awake for your Chuunin Exam, I believe. How was it?"

They drew closer to the scene and found that it had been mostly deserted for whatever reason, save for two young souls locked in conversation and oblivious to the world around them. Still they continued and as she talked, they walked. In matching attire, the three Muramasa wore black shorts, shirts, and jackets with matching sandals. Hisayo's face returned to bored and emotionless, yet Kayoko's eyebrows wiggled furiously as the talked, as though she were just a bit too excited. "His was probably a cakewalk, I mean look at him." She spoke before her body suddenly surged with chakra and she began to transform. "Wake me up when something interesting happens. She said just loud enough for the two young ones to hear as they drew closer. As the words escaped her lips, the transformation neared completion and Hisayo grabbed her by the handle, dragging her along the ground behind her uncouthly.

Maido shook her head at the mistreatment. "Just because she won't dull doesn't meant it's a good habit."

"Fuck off." Now they reached the others. Maido and Hisayo both gazed upon them with scrutinizing eyes before Maido leaned down to get eye level with one of them and when her face was close enough that they could practically have kissed, she spoke. "Hello there, young one. I believe the area you are looking for is over there." Staring into his eyes with own pair of glowing reds, she pointed off in the wrong direction and Hisayo coughed but didn't speak again. Maido gestured with her left hand, "Of course, if you want a fight yourself, I'm sure we could find somewhere to have a go." She chuckled. Her appearance was always misleading at this events, for she did so look much younger than three hundred.

Doton: Claymore
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After channeling, Kayako will change her body into that of a claymore sword (taking approximately 1/2 a post to complete), roughly 6 meters long with a 20 centimeter guard, her core being the handle, covered in a thin layer of stone. This will last until she changes shape through another jutsu.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Izanagi

Chin chin!

Post by Izanagi » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:15 pm

Shinjiro always quite enjoyed international tournaments, a warrior through and through he reveled in any opportunity to test himself against others and learn the strength of the other nations. By now his reputation had spread worldwide, having won the last three world tournaments in taijutsu bouts since the days when he was just a Chunin. It was no secret either that the man was a Jinchuuriki and had honed himself into one of Kirigakure’s greatest weapons. He hadn’t initially intended on entering the exhibition matches though it was possible he would change his mind on a whim if he found any combatants strong enough to interest him.

As he often did, Shinjiro travelled alongside the three Muramasa women, each cousins of one another and members of one of Kirigakure’s 5 noble families. Being from the Karagata family, Shinjiro tended to avoid members of the other noble family’s and feel a strong sense of rivalry among them, though he had fought alongside this trio many times and built up an ironclad trust. In fact, one could go as far as to say that he enjoyed their company.

Given the heat of Aroma country, Shinji had opted to change into something more comfortable soon after arriving. He wore a tight blue shirt and loose grey pants, and blue sandals. His forehead protector tied to his left shoulder and bandana’s of each the Karagata kraken sigil and the seven swordsman emblem tied on his right arm. He too carried a grey pouch at his lower back, kunai holsters on each thigh, a narrow holster with a pointed tip sticking out at his left hip and of course his pair of katana in their matte black sheaths strapped to his back via a brown leather harness. Lastly, the young man wore a blue cloth mask that covered his nose and mouth. His honey-brown medium length hair seemed even lighter than usual given this opportunity to bathe in the sun’s rays, though the muscular young man’s skin was notably rather pale, with the notable exception of his hands and wrists which were a deep black coloration, looking as if they had been dyed by charcoal.

The Jinchuuriki’s lime green eyes, despite their vibrant brightness seemed somehow bored as he found himself stretching out and locking his hands behind his head. His muscles bulged against the tight fabric, lean but incredibly defined he was the epitome of a perfected killer. Even stretched back his eight pack abs were quite prominent. It was rare for him to not be dressed in layers, purposefully intending to obscure his highly trained physique, though he made exceptions on trips to hot and arid countries, especially when he considered it similar to a vacation as he had intended. Nonetheless, whenever he traveled with Maido he knew to be ready for trouble and as such tended to carry his full supply of weaponry.

He was inclined to support Kayoko’s sentiment, “Hopefully there’s some good ones” he agreed, his tone dull. He perked up a bit though when Maido asked about his exam and chuckled lightly as Kayoko’s comments. “It was fun, I was..eleven I think. Fought a Toukai, broke both his arms and his neck, didn’t kill him though, just paralyzed. Not sure if he ever fully recovered. I walked away with a few broken fingers and some cuts here and there, got a bit bloody but my older brother and sister did worse to me in our training afterward” he explained casually, it had been a long while since he had thought about those days, it wasn’t often anyone asked him about his past. They either already knew the main milestones because of his fame, or they simply didn’t care to dig beneath the surface.

He noticed the pair of Konoha Genin as he spoke, they both looked quite young, maybe only 12 or 13 at most. If they were contestants, they were either quite skilled or perhaps a bit over eager, though it was likely they were simply spectators. Given what he knew of Konoha they must have been practically fresh graduates of the academy. Shinjiro watched Maido cautiously as she interacted with the kids, smirking slightly beneath his mask and even letting out a short chuckle when she offered to spar with them. “I hope you kids aren’t contestants, Kiri’s Genin will eat you alive” he assessed, just looking at them he could practically feel their inexperience. He would have bet his fortune that neither of them had killed before let alone felt true killing intent directed towards them.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Yukari’s chipper attitude, momentarily dampened after the boy’s reaction to her asking about the shopkeeper’s rant, quickly returned with their handshake and introduction. She’d only been teasing about him causing trouble, of course, but it’d apparently struck a bit of a sore point. However it was hardly the first time she’d put her foot into her mouth so quickly after meeting someone, and luckily Noeru didn’t seem inclined to dwell on it—he was soon smiling along with her as they walked. She revised her first impression of him; there was no need to be disappointed that he was another local from Konoha. If anything, it felt nice to have an acquaintance from home along with her as she walked.

She relaxed further as they continued onwards, enjoying the warmth of the sun overhead and the hot breeze coursing through the streets. The atmosphere was fitting for a day spent abroad in a new and interesting place, and would make for an excellent day in the stands watching the matches to come. While pausing to consider their next turn she hesitated, cocking an ear. She could definitely hear a scraping noise; a heavy, hair-raising sound of stone grinding on stone. She turned towards it to find a pair of similarly dressed women, apparently mid-conversation, making straight for them.

Compared to the quickly-disappearing locals, these newcomers stood out. Their clothes, postures, and attitudes seemed to scream ‘danger’ in the way that only a trained ninja could. That, and the ridiculously oversized sword being dragged all-too-casually along the ground at one’s side. Yukari’s hesitation lengthened into stunned confusion as they grew closer… and closer.. And then closer still to Noeru. The pair were a good few years older than the pair of genin, and clearly in the mood to toy with them. Her spine began to crawl.

Although the woman only seemed to be addressing Noeru, Yukari found herself compelled to do anything other than sit there quietly and leave him to their whims. “We’re not here to fight,” she cut in, but broke off upon seeing the tint of the woman’s eyes. Besides the unnerving colour there was a distinct… certainty to them. ”B..but thank you for the offer," she finised lamely. This was a likely a person who got what she wanted, and woe be to those who got in her way. Yukari suddenly felt very vulnerable as a third newcomer stepped up, every one of the trio older and more confident than either herself or Noeru. The final arrival’s thoughts seemed to mirror hers as he spoke, and she shook her head.

”I’m just a spectator this time. But soon enough.. Soon I’ll be back and competing too!” She tried, and probably failed, to sound more confident than she felt. Her eyes flicked down to the forehead protector displayed on this man’s arm, and she began to understand; this was a party from Kirigakure, of all places. No wonder they were as odd as they were terrifying. ”A-are you? Contestants?” She blurted the question out as soon as it hit her mind. If these people were indeed strong and terrifying, then she damn well wanted to watch them compete.
CharactersShow

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:50 am

The locals were beginning to scatter as they walked down the street. Noeru looked round for any clues that would help them find contestants from other villages. With no apparent luck. He shifted his head from one side to the other as he paid attention to the venues that he hoped would like some sort of a hotel that the visitors and tourists would use. Grocery stores and take out places is all they came across so far. He verged on just going into one of the venues and asking whether the occupants knew, or even saw, and shinobi from other countries around. But before he managed, the sound of something being dragged along the ground caught his attention, and his gaze shifted to the source.

In the distance he saw a group of three, two women and a man. The women wore matching attire, although one of them was dragging a giant sword along the ground. This in itself signaled trouble for Noeru, and they were heading directly at them. The man seemed to be a slightly different ball game. He was equipped with weaponry used by shinobi, but the clothes he was wearing suggested he had just rolled out of bed and was not ready to take on the day.

The red eyes of the woman in the middle really caught Noerus attention. That was not something common, and as they neared her eyes seemed to be fixated on Noeru. A strange feeling in his stomach grew with every step they took in each others direction. He was not sure what this feeling was but he was not fond of it, and all he could do is keep it in check until it simply faded away.

When they eventually met, the woman addressed Noeru directly, and the feeling in his gut became worse than before. He felt slightly paralyzed, struggling to move or even speak. Trying his best to pay attention to what the woman was saying, he managed to pick up on what happened in that moment; the direction; the cough; and the challenge. The comment the green-eyed man made was also noted, it only deepened the feeling he already had. 'Are Kirigakure shinobi really this scary? The boy thought as his gaze moved from on to the other, finally noticing the Kirigakure symbol on the mans shoulder, and deciding that he was probably just using a scare tactic to shatter their confidence.

After a brief moment of running the event through his head, Noeru took a deep breath, breathing out slowly, his face was graced with a cheeky grin as he firstly looked over at the masked man. 'I hope I get to see your face after we win. He said before letting out a little chuckle as he tried to rebuild his own confidence and to reassure Yukari who sounded like her confidence was doing even worse than his own. He then turned to the red-eyed woman who's eyes were still fixated on his, and his cheeky grin grew even cheekier.

With their eyes locked on each others, Noeru was determined to win this little abstract battle. Ignoring what she has said, he would simply aim to counter her actions with his cheeky wits. He already took note of the girls appearance as they approached and now decided that it doing what he was about to do would throw a bit of a spanner in her works.

Noerus facial features softened as his whole attitude towards this situation adjusted. They were in a neutral country, and he was going to make the most of it, under tha assumption that if something were to go wrong here, they would be helped and protected by this towns security, and their own villages higher ups. So, he took another slow deep breath as he built up his confidence, and finally, the cheeky grin opened as he began to speak.

'You look like you're about to kiss me'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Izanagi

Chin chin!

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:40 pm

Shinjiro felt some satisfaction seeing the fear in the pair of Genin’s eyes. At least they had some sense of intuition to know they stood before true monsters of the bloody mist village. Each was known to kill on a whim, and take offense to the slightest of transgressions, depending on their mood. Such was their fickle and easily bored nature. Their idea of fun was massacring villages, armies or entire fleets and then finding a nice place to relax afterward. ‘Such feeble pups, trembling in fear before our might. Let us lure them away, crack their skulls asunder and offer their remains to the creatures that dwell within the ocean’s depths’ Vorashu’s haunting voice echoed within Shinji’s mind, the old shaman and father of all beasts had little love for humanity, thinking them the most worthless of creatures to walk the earth. Shinji rolled his eyes, ‘Can’t you ever speak normally? Your rants only annoy me’ he chirped back within his mind. He had hosted the Genma for nearly a decade now, but they still didn’t exactly get along. Typically, they were content to ignore each other but every now and then Vorashu’s craving for violence and sacrifice surfaced. ‘Insolent Brat’ Vorashu growled back, Shinjiro as unphased as ever simply ignored the goading. Vorashu had learned long ago that simple insults and mockery were easily ignored. Nor was there anything intimidating about posturing and dramatic monologues. That didn’t stop the ancient beast from sticking to what it knew, however.

The overseer of the seven swordsmen narrowed his eyes slightly in annoyance. Despite his vibrant lime green eyes, his gaze felt dark, powerful. He was not a person normally controlled by impulses though he did allow himself to give in to base desires to sate Vorashu’s influence on him and find a balance he could live with. At the moment, he craved violence, despite his protests against the Genma stating that his words didn’t affect him. “You Konoha shinobi are always so pitifully weak when you’re young aren’t you? Do yourself a favor and get used to killing before you compete against Kiri shinobi” he advised. The innocence emanating from these two disgusted him, it was one thing if they were civilians but to call themselves shinobi having never taken a life or felt true killing intent directed at them was nothing short of disgraceful. The girl had asked him if he was a contestant, and Shinji felt it was a simple enough question to respond to. “Not currently, but if anyone in the exhibition matches is strong enough to be worth my time I might reconsider.” He stated simply, the matches were based on village ranking, there would be no individual champion and giving the point scoring system it would be next to impossible for someone of his rank to gain the most points even if he won every match. There was nothing for him to gain by entering and only damage to his reputation if he were to be outscored by some talented Chunin from another nation. Still, village pride did matter to him and so too did personal challenges. It was entirely possible he would find someone that could bring out his competitive nature before the final entrance into the matches was locked.

The boy spoke and Shinji found himself just as annoyed by him. Konoha shinobi were always so quick to make light of a situation, to smile and joke as if being a shinobi was some kind of game or casual pastime. “Why the hell do you care what I look like? Do you even know who I am?” he questioned, it wouldn’t surprise him if fresh Genin weren’t familiar with him. This may even be the first time they left Konoha, but to older and more experienced shinobi across the world, especially any that attended one of these international gatherings before, Shinjiro was infamous. One of the most renowned shinobi in Kirigakure and multiple time champion in international tournaments he was known as a tremendous taijutsu powerhouse, a master swordsman who was both precise and unrelenting in his fighting style. More than that he had demonstrated on more than one occasion his ability to both partially and fully transform into a variety of animals to supplement his taijutsu techniques. Every match he had ever fought he had completely dominated, few lasting more than a minute or two against him. In fact he had become a Special Jounin and member of the seven swordsmen at just 14 years old after winning the taijutsu tournament in Star Country shortly before the start of the war.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Sia

Chin chin!

Post by Sia » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:26 pm

After a brief moment then it was surely true, that Maido pondered and thought about what it was she should do. In a motion she looked about and said it with caution. "For some odd reason, I really, truly, desire banana pudding." Yet, her face had come equal to his and surely, since he had suggest it, brought her tongue out and licked from his chin, up to his forehead, lest he move out of their way. "We could give a bout and pose as genin, for practice, truly." Kayoko flickered a shiny golden Ryo from her pocket and set it on fire. "Come get it." Her hands began to move in an odd sort of fashion. Seals of water and a flickering and misty sort of fashion. Maido too then produced a small bit of some mist. A lower ranked jutsu, with fine control to bring to bliss. She limited its power, restricted it down to what she sensed of the opponent's level.

It wasn't necessarily hostile, but it was a hindrance none the less and yet the red mist set out from her lips and went out to test. Towards the question, she sent a red mist to the lips of a questioned kiss. "I am too old to be a contestant, but I can limit myself easily." Surmised Maido aloud, slowly, calmly, and with much poise. Her face indeed showed no emotion, she looked dead and devoid. With red glowing eyes, she now exited outwards violently from the body. A shudder, a wince, a violent and corrosive cavity cotting. Cringing coils out quickly and gathering great red relishing tentacles, the theatrical that followed was surely to be tutorable. A bit of red mist that if it went to their mouth, would spread quick between the group of them back and forth. "Shinjiro, may I jump into your body?" Maido asked, now a tiny, small, red ball of tentacles, roughly the size fourty-two hearts, each with tiny little red capes.

Blood dripped sporadically from Hisayo's mouth. Kayoko moved about, tilting her framework eastbound and falling towards the ground. Hisayo caught her in her off hand, having recoiled from vomiting Maido's true form and a blast of blood mist outwards as they had attempted to kiss Noeru's lips.

Body Exit
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By channeling chiton chakra throughout her tendrils and pulling them towards her anchors, Maido can remove herself from a host body, a process which is just as painful for the host as when she entered. Leaving a body takes 1/2 a post to accomplish and will leave the body feeling extremely pained for the next 2 posts.
Last edited by Sia on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Yukari took a step back, eyes growing wide. What began as a feeling of caution about the enounter quickly blossomed into equal parts bafflement and panic as the situation took a rapid, and strange, turn. The Kirigakure swordsman she could at least understand, if not quite condone--their shinobi were as famous for their competitiveness as for their strength, and it made sense that one so inclined wouldn't care one whit for a pair of kids such as she and Noeru. But the women--well, it seemed to her that some screws were loose there.

She reached out and grabbed a handful of Noeru's jacket, hauling him backwards at the same time as the woman at the front tried to lick the length of his face. And then she... changed. Though changed was hardly the correct term; she distorted, seemingly exhaling herself out into an undulating, twisting mist of blood-red tentacles. Instead of continuing to haul Noeru away, Yukari's body stopped obeying as her jaw dropped.
Just...
What..
"..the fuck?" Her voice croaked in a whisper, barely audible. Her eyes passed across the others in the group, gauging their reactions, before she eventually came back to herself just enough to reach out and grab her companion's jacket again.

"Noeru.." she muttered, still staring, "we need to fuckin' go. Now."
CharactersShow

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Chin chin!

Post by Legacy » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:30 pm

"We may not be as callous or cold compared to our friends across the sea but Konoha Shinobi are far from weak." Takanobu, a participant of the Chunin exams and leaf village Genin heard himself say before the power to hesitate had washed over him. Unsure of exactly what his plan would be if things had gone south he stood with both hands fingering the lint inside of his pockets. To say that he weren't the slightest bit nervous would have been a like though, Takanobu's power of will kept him from showing any determent to the strangers.

As a representative of Konoha first and then a Senju clan member, Takanobu couldn't help but feel a way about what had been said about his homeland. His folks. So, while he didn't have an immediate plan on hand to handle the lot for now he made due with addressing what bothered him. Afterwards, he gave a Curt nod to the other leaf village participants and set his sights to the one who'd made the comment. "I'm sure the Leaf will do well here." Said Takanobu eventually, beaming with excitement. Though one may have had a hard time telling due to his mask, the youthful Senju had been smiling. Finally, he'd gotten an opportunity to step outside of the village!
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Noeru smirked as he heard the man speak. "We do alright for ourselves." And the smirk was followed by a casual chuckle as his gaze remained fixed on the pretty woman before him. He took this as a bit of a competition, with the first person to flinch being the loser. Then the girl began speaking about being in need of some banana pudding, a strange craving giving the circumstances, but so far his opinion of Kirigakure shinobi was exactly that. A moment later the man once again spoke, and Noeru detected a hint of annoyance in his tone, which turned the chuckle into a small laugh. A man of that stature to be teased so easily by such a youth, whom he thinks is a weakling. This was a passive victory in Noerus eyes, and he knew that this would be the only kind of victory he would receive today. His blind confidence could only grant him so much, but when it came to it, he felt that he would be easily destroyed. But, him being a Senju and with his goals and ideals in mind, he had to put himself to the test.

"No, I dont. And I don't care all that much." While speaking, his eyes did not leave the girls even for a moment. He saw a flicker of ryo in the corner of his eye and ignored it, as he felt something grab the back of his jacket, before hearing Yukari mutter with intensity. He looked back towards the girl and realized that she has began her move. Red mist escaped her mouth as as she began to... she her own skin. What followed was something out of this world. With no knowledge of what this mist was, he presumed that it could only be dangerous and began his counterattack. His lungs filled with mokuton chakra, as his body converted it into pollen that would act as a way for him to disarm this misty jutsu of hers. A moment later, the yellowy pollen gushed out of his mouth in a jet that also began to spread it self around the two genin and almost began to resemble a form of mist in itself. When the pollen and red mist met, the pollen would absorb the moisture from the mist dispersing it. The pollen particles would fall to the ground after it they absorbed the moisture particles, the jutsu would annul one another.

What followed was a bit of a blur, he could not make out what the girl had said, but her new form was intimidating. Noeru had no clue what he were to do, only that he was not going to allow Yukari to get hurt. Chakra coated his palm before he tapped the arm she had a hold of him with, in that moment his chakra would coat her body eventually developing into wooden armor that took the appearance of a samurai, it would not restrict her movements in anyway. Noeru took a few steps back as he watched the girl move towards him, this was becoming dangerous. He took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down, and suddenly he heard a voice coming from behind him. His head shifted a little so that he could have a look and recognized the youth, it was one of his cousins of the Senju clan. Not sure what the meaning of his appearance was, but Noeru decided it would be best to style it out, "Heh... Perfect timing." and his gaze returned to the group before him.
JutsuShow

Mokuton: Smell of Spring

C-Rank Ninjutsu, Sensory
Description: After performing series of hand seals, user will breath out a cloud of pollen that will form in a cloud at [Control] speed around them in [Control] meters diameter. When met with any sort of water based particulate with less or equal [Control], the pollen absorbs the particulate. Additionally, the user is able to sense anything within the sphere as an Empathy. This jutsu follows the user around. The jutsu requires chakra every [Control] /5 posts or it dissipates.

Mokuton [Wood Release]: Creation
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Description: The user is able to create any object out of wood. The amount of chakra used is based on the object being created. But the general rule of thumb is that D-rank amount of chakra will create 10 Kunai, 10 Shuriken, and 20 Senbon. Any object that is created and the participants want to keep it after the thread, has to be priced by a member of staff and has to be paid by the character keeping the object.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Izanagi

Chin chin!

Post by Izanagi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Shinjiro found himself growing both irritated and bored by the defiance of the young Senju and even that of another that approached, masked but baring the same clan symbol. It seemed they shared a strong village pride; he couldn’t fault them for that and in fact even respected their strength of will to some extent. But nonetheless he wouldn’t stand by while Noeru insulted him. Slowly, a sickly green chakra began to emanate from Shinjiro. “My name is Karagata Shinjiro, Bannin of Kirigakure, Jinchuuriki of Vorashu no Kategenma, and Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist” he growled lowly, introducing himself properly to these lowly children. How naïve they were to think they were safe simply because they were at an international event. Did they not realize that just a few months prior both of these Kiri shinobi they stood before had been slaughtering Konoha shinobi and Tea country samurai alike and it would take no more than a second to kill each of these children before them and only a few more to dispose of their bodies without a trace.

If the group of Genin were capable of smelling they would surely be able to detect the strong scent of blood in the air as Maido’s blood mist and emergence filled the air with the heavy scent. Thus, they would find themselves lured into Shinjiro’s subtly activated genjutsu, further provoking these children into taking an action that would be considered hostile and thus seal their fates. Of course, Shinjiro didn’t need to act in defense to justify maiming or even killing these kids, the disrespect alone was enough to kill someone back in Kirigakure and Maido was known for slaughtering simply on a whim. The blood witch asked to use his body, a familiar request though it was appreciated nonetheless whenever she asked and treated him as an equal rather than simply forcing her way inside. The young man considered Maido one of his only close friends, a trusted battle companion that he had fought beside through many perilous adventures. Long ago he had feared her unlike any other he had met and there was still some sense of wariness though he had vowed to follow her and support her without question, such was their arrangement and she had earned his loyalty, holding her on par with his father and the Mizukage. The only three individuals in the world he would answer to and obey without a second thought. “Yeah, sure. Go ahead” he permitted calmly, lowering his mask to reveal his young, soft features, appearing barely older than a teenager. Opening his mouth wide he prepared for the familiar wracking pain of Maido violently entering his body.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Genjutsu • Bloodlust]
C-Ranked Status Genjutsu
After channelling chakra anyone that smells blood will find themselves much more easily prone to rage and violence. This is not strong enough to make anyone kill anyone they wouldn’t normally but it could make them quick to temper even with comrades and be prone to solving disputes with violence and overall taking a more aggressive approach to decision making than they normally would. This genjutsu lasts for 3 posts.

Sia

Chin chin!

Post by Sia » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:57 am

A small spat, to be sure, would be easy enough to manage. Truly, she could provide a platform for them to spar on should the moment call for it. In a blur of fast movement, as fast as she could possibly muster, her vile tendril form had exited out from her body. It flew towards Shinjiro, her comrade in arms. Inside him, she went and stretched out, then yawned. The process took a moment for sure, but it was not so bad truly. One could grow used to it, in fact, some found it truly moving. Having Maido inside you was both a blessing and curse. For Karagata, Shinjiro and Vorashu, a boon, a blessing, a burst. Like a drug many said, to have a god inside you. To be fair, Shinjiro now too had touched Godhood quite likely.

Her voice had not faltered, yet it took curious tone now. "I wonder then, how strong they are. I haven't sensed them yet. Shall We?" If left unresisted, she would then swing about Shinjiro's arms. This motion required coordination on all of their parts. Hisayo and Kayoko too then ran up quickly, Hisayo dragging Kayoko behind her and jumping up in anticipation. Getting in a stretch, she observed the pollens creation. Keeping an eye on the others, she too was a participant in this moment of agents. Maido motioned to move Shinjiro's arms, to pull on her blood cloak and stretch it out a few yards. No, a few meters. Several meters, in fact. She continued to tug and turn it around and spread it back. It would stretch out from itself then go down to make a platform. Underneath all of them, her cloak would stretch and become the floor beneath their feet. Suddenly then, it lifted up, bringing all of them up steep. She raised the platform up, made of blood, a few meters. Then it flew, yes, quite quickly, off into the distance. Floating up now, just above a nearby patch of trees and away from the walkways, Maido relaxed and broke the cloak off, then set the platform down lightly. A bumpy terrain, laid down upon the top of trees.

It was sturdy enough to walk on unhindered, it just looked weird, truly. "Let's she what you've got then." With that, she relinquished control of Shinjiro's arms back to him and channeled a surge of chakra into his body, causing a pair of arms identical to Shinjiro's but made entirely of Maido's blood to sprout from his back, just below where Maido remembered he liked to sprout wings from. She flexed the arms out and beckoned with their middle fingers. Hisayo ran up quickly and retrieved Maido's original body, swinging Kayoko's sword-form at Noeru lazily in the process.

Willing Host Takeover
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra throughout the chiton surrounding her anchors, Maido will send her chiton tendrils into a willing living host body or into a corpse, intermingling her blood with the targets and embedding her anchors into a place of her choosing. The tendrils will infiltrate the target in any orifice it can find, a process which she has been told is the "most horrifying sensation ever felt." This process takes approximately 1/2 a post to complete and will leave the host body rather uncomfortable for the next 2 posts until Maido has fully integrated. When inhabiting a body, Maido's Strength and Speed stat are changed to match theirs for as long as she inhabits the body.

Extra Arms
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 9 Ninjutsu
By channeling chiton chakra into a hosts body, Maido will sprout a pairs of arms from any location on the hosts body, controlled by Maido through the use of the technique. The arms form at a speed of 8, have a strength of 8, and last for up to 3 posts.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Legacy

Chin chin!

Post by Legacy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 pm

When the ground gave way beneath his feet and quite literally began to rise, Takanobu couldn't believe his own eyes. He'd never encountered someone - a ninja, who could do such a thing. A strong sensation crept through his body and briefly, Takanobu took time to compose himself. Reaching for something to grab, he braced and while the platform traversed through air he did his best to maintain track of each shinobi from unknown nations. "This is going to be treacherous..."

Noeru had done a fine job of neutralizing the strange red mist but Takanobu was not so quick to abandon his skepticism. Anyone clever enough to create jutsu that could be used for any number of purposes on the spot and span a wide range was certainly dangerous and there were something about how one of them glowed a sickly green aura that troubled Takanobu. He never saw a hand sign but felt himself growing increasingly agitated. "We don't have the numbers for a head on fight," the Senju spoke after relying upon the use of tree climbing technique to right himself upon the moving surface. A hop, skip and jump placed him nearby his comrades where they would be able to hear his spoken words. "I'm not opposed to a fight, either. But is this truly the best way to do it?" He asked of both Noeru and Yukari, listening studiously for their opinions as the battle began.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:09 pm

Yukari's fingers grew white around a fistful of Noeru's jacket as the situation continued to spiral out of their control. She barely registered the voice of a newcomer--potentially an ally--as a flurry of motion ahead announced the beginnings of the streetfight. Amazingly, despite the obvious difference in skill between the two sides, Noeru stood his ground and moved to counter whatever the blood-mist-woman was attempting. He was either stupidly brave or bravely stupid.

Yukari braced, then leapt backwards as Noeru followed up with a second technique, this time seemingly aimed back at herself. Tendrils of wood sprouted from his body and reached backwards, finding and spiralling around her arms and body, growing, expanding, and hardening. Within moments she looked down at armoured hands from an armoured visor. Her eyes flickered to the back of Noeru's head, who still stood there like a sentinel between her and their foes. She had no words. Who else would be so loyal and protective to someone they'd just met? Whether stupid or brave, it took honour to put oneself between an ally and such a threat.

But a moment later, that feeling soured. As if answering in tandem to the sharp smell of blood that hung in the area, the warmth in Yukari's chest twisted to bitterness and indignation. Why on earth would this boy just assume that she couldn't take care of herself? She didn't ask to be protected, damnit! He was wasting time with this armour when he should be focusing on the threat ahead!
She took a decisive step forward, intending to shove Noeru aside and show him just how helpless she was, when the ground began to bleed. The bloody cloak now draped over the man's--Shinjiro, he called himself--shoulders spread and spread, washing beneath their feet and hoisting the whole group skyward. Yukari staggered, spreading her arms wide as her gut twisted from the unexpected movement. It stopped as quickly as it'd begun, and the three konoha genin found themselves in a floating blood-red arena, facing... what seemed to now just be two opponents. The young swordsman, now sporting an extra pair of blood-red limbs, and one of the women, still casually swinging around that gigantic sword. Both seemed eager.

The group stared at one another for a the length of a breath. "What, you got a better idea?" Yukari quickly snapped at the newcomer, the other Konoha shinobi besides her and Noeru. Her emotions raged, her earlier terror now dwarfed by an overbearing desire to lay a beatdown on someone. "Because clearly we all planned to end up here!"

"But since they're asking so nicely, let's go. Noeru, New Guy: Tear them a new one!" With the fighting words, emboldened by the wooden armour and the rush of aggression in her head, Yukari brought her hands together to form a series of seals and charged forwards. She'd stomp past Noeru heading towards the Kirigakure swordsman, levelling a hand towards him. At the last moment as she closed in, she'd feint and dodge to the right, re-aiming and unleashing a bright bolt of Raiton at the chest of the woman with the huge claymore. Her blood was up, and despite that little voice screaming in the back of her head to turn aside, to run, Yukari continued forward and aimed a wild haymaker at the woman as a follow-up her energy bolt. And giant sword be damned!
JutsuShow
*Raiton • Bright Bolt
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will extend two fingers toward a target. A bolt of lightning will jump up to 10 meters from their fingers at [12] Speed and Strength.
CharactersShow

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:50 pm

The man before them carried on talking, his tone was evidence that he was growing more and more agitated. Noeru knew he was not doing himself any favors, but he could not help but laugh. The deep, prideful tone he spoke with was something that Noeru, in his feeling of adrenaline filled ecstasy, could not help but mock. 'You keep talking like we know who you are or we even care! But the reality is... All I can hear is yadda yadda yadda!' Noeru shouted at the man. This was also due to the influence of the technique used by Shinjiro, it had an effect on Noeru and he had not even realized; partially due to the fact that he was enjoying himself.

A moment later the young woman became limp after something escaped from her body and entered Shinjiros. Blood began to leak out and drench the ground beneath them, but it was not normal blood. It was different, it seemed to have partially sollidified underneath them and even began floating up into the air, carrying his comrades and opponents off to a different location. Noeru's ecstatic feeling was slowly beginning to wane, but he still felt the urge to give someone a beating, he was just beginning to realize the weight of the situation, only to be overridden by his lust for blood.

With his attention devoted completely to the seasoned shinobi, Noeru had very little left to give to Yukari and Takanobu. He heard what was said, but did not reply; instead his mind watched this man who was now possessed by whatever was occupying the girls body. Yukari shouted words of encouragement and dashed forwards waving hand seals. Noeru smiled as it all began. His own hands began forming signs and a moment later, more wooden tendrils shot out from his arms. This time, they would be used to immobilize their opponents as Yukari went ahead with her attack. One of the tendrils would aim for the girl with the great sword, the other for the possessed man named Shinjiro.
JutsuShow
Mokuton: Tendrils x2
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Description: The user will wave a string of hand seals, or channel chakra into their designated body part, and wooden tendrils will shoot out of their body. These have the speed and strength equal to [Control]. These can be used for offensive measures as well as support.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Sia

Chin chin!

Post by Sia » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:30 pm

For a moment, Maido did nothing yet merely surged with a Torrent of horrible chakra, she then carved off a chunk of her cloak into a sickle, and grabbed it with her own arm extending out violently from Shinjiro and Vorashu's body. "Are either of you Jinchuuriki?" She asked slyly whilst her and Shinjiro's fused body surged with maroon colored, evil chakra. It faded away however and she merely flung the sickle, on the end of a ribbon of blood, at their hands. All four of them, at once. It came from her cloak, which she willed forwards and sharpened in a wide sweeping motion. It carved through the mist towards them all, aiming at their hands as Maido left Shinjiro's body in a mass of tendrils, reshaping into her original body and beginning to perform hand seals.

Hisayo batted away at the sickles with Kayoko in her sword form, who's fire webbing and spreading had kept a fair amount of the blood at bay. Hisayo pleaded and took a jump back, swinging Kayoko forwards and summoning a needle to her mouth, made of bone. She spat it forwards and turned invisible, as did Maido's and Shinjiro's shared body just before she left it, using him as cover to hide as she performed her jutsu. Maido began to breathe out a red and sickly green acid mist, steadily encroaching and slurping the life out of the area.
Last edited by Sia on Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Legacy

Chin chin!

Post by Legacy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:23 pm

Even though he did not know of the reason why they needed to fight or if causing a scene here were truly the best course of action, Takanobu above all else remained a loyalist to his village. Prioritizing the safety and security of all Hidden leaf citizens and preserving the integrity of his village's firm reputation took precedents over all else, even if he didn't know exactly what that truly meant at the time. Unsure of what he might have stumbled upon initially, Takanobu couldn't help but notice that there'd been a headband, the kind only worn by recognized ninja of a village, bound to the left shoulder of who Takanobu only guessed played a hand in this brewing mess. Had his newly established comrades realized that they were not fighting against shoddy vagabonds or vagrants from some far away place, but potentially seasoned Shinobi?

Nipping at his lower lip beneath the navy blue cloth mask covering his face, Takanobu fought back with deep dedication an urge to curse his luck. With only the demonstration of how easily the make-shift combat stage had been altered by the whims of their adversary to draw upon, Takanobu knew that he at least, were far out classed in the scope of ninjutsu. He'd known that Aroma country would be packed with those who's skills and abilities were far beyond anything that he'd seen back in Fire country but the youth did not expect to encounter someone on this scale...and so soon. Even with proper teamwork...something the three of us may not be able to manage given the circumstance; to even think about winning would be naïve. If we can separate them and wear them down individually then we may have a chance but the best case scenario here is a strategical retreat. At least then, we could come up with a solid plan that could fit our individual skills and abilities but first...

What ever thought Takanobu may have had to potentially make the most out of an already volatile situation was closed shut in one move made by a woman wielding such a large weapon that it might have taken at least ten men to carry it. She moved far quicker than Takanobu's eyes could even comprehend and worse still, he could feel his body being stirred to anger, violence. These characteristics were unnatural for him and though his training had never ceased in working, the youth could not immediately identify the problem and this...was the problem. Unable to right himself and unknowingly battling the confusion of a Genjutsu what will power he possessed seemed split between regaining self control and saving his fellow village mates. All in all, his chakra network was far too troubled to perform any sort of complex action but then...

"What? You got a better idea?" It was Yukari! Her voice filled with emotion and passion somehow had found him and reminded Takanobu that now wasn't the time to be focused on a panic. No, it was time to perform; Konoha was on the line, Senju was on the line. Though he couldn't be sure himself of what truly was happening, he'd been taught during his time in the Academy how to recognize signs of a potential Genjutsu influence. Recognizing that his usual temperament was off and that something in his body felt distinctly wrong wasn't enough to say that he were definitely under a Genjutsu spell though it were enough to raise his suspicion and create an urge to perform Chakra Kai. The Senju child brought his hands together and took a great leap backward in an effort to clear at least three meters opposite the direction of where his teammates initially stood. In doing so, he might have bought himself enough time to first perform kai.

I'm not sure if this will work but...here goes! Takanobu weaved the basic ninpou signs for Chakra kai and applied his chakra as instructed from a former Sensei. If is suspicions were spot on then, immediately his body would be righted and his mind brought back to calm; signifying that the urge to be violent had subsided and he'd returned once again back to his normal self. However, if he were wrong then the urge to be violent would continue to distract him if only just enough to delay his functionability in combat. Moreover, Takanobu immediately recognized another problem. If he himself were subject to the hold of a Genjutsu then that meant both of his comrades might have also been under the influence. "This is worse than I could have ever imagined..." Suddenly, it became all too clear to the Senju clan member of what they were up against. However it came to be, it were foolish to try and pick a fight with these two...and in a place where the geographical advantage was not on the side of Konoha, either.

"You two! We have to get away from here, now! Listen to me, these are not the kind of opponent we can take on! Lets retreat!" Takanobu shouted to his teammates from his position and only hoped that they would head his words. At the same time, he knew that if any of them hesitated for even a moment..it could have meant death.

Without a doubt, these two; the strangers from some far away land...were at least Jounin level. Then again...Takanobu had not yet encountered a Jounin from his village who could so readily alter a landscape or play with the mind of a foe. One of them did introduce himself as a bundle of titles that to Takanobu sounded worthy if remembering but the problem was that he himself was not at all educated about Vorashu or what the title truly meant. If it got out that a Senju encountered the host of a Genma from a foreign nation, one historically at odds with the Leaf village...who knew what the consequences could have been? Moreover, if it'd gotten out that two Konoha ninja had initiated that encounter...no. Now was not the time to think about that or rather, Takanobu wouldn't allow himself to think about that. His only concern as should have been the focus of his comrades, was making it back home ALIVE.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Sia

Chin chin!

Post by Sia » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:19 pm

It took only a moment for Hisayo to realize that Maido wasn't okay. Perhaps it was lack of sleep, or deprivations of other sorts, but either way it didn't matter. A sickly green fog began to roll in from all around. It quickly spilled in over the bloody arena Maido had created haphazardly and began to eat through everything in its path. Maido was going to kill them all.

"What the hell are you doing?" Screamed Hisayo, whom immediately turned her attention away from the Konoha ninja and focused her senses on Maido, whom had turned invisible. "You're a real bitch sometimes, you know that?" She said to the air before taking a wild guess and swinging Kayoko. Having not actually been paying attention to Hisayo whatsoever, Maido was quite surprised when her arm suddenly fell off and her invisibility was broken.

She looked down at it, her left arm and hand laying on the platform. "Was that really necessary? You don't think a few genin can handle a more proper technique?" Hisayo kicked Maido's arm off the platform. "You don't always have to be an asshole Maido," she said pointedly. By now the acidic mist was creeping onto the platform quite well, coming in from Shinjiro's right, and the Konoha Ninja's left.

From what remnants of her left arm that were still attached, a red tentacle suddenly exploded outwards, violently and quickly reaching out towards Hisayo and wrapping around her entire head, lifting her off the ground. Hisayo swung Kayoko at Maido's tendril in an attempt to cut herself free, but was shocked to find that her blade bounced off and didn't damage it at all. Maido had never disallowed a cut before and for the first time in a long time, Hisayo was afraid.

Maido's body twisted and the tendril launched Hisayo into the Konoha genin across the platform, releasing its grip from her head and causing her to fly through the air like a missile. "Die with them then, sympathizer." The tendril changed shape, and Maido once again had a functioning pair of arms and hands.

She didn't know what all the fuss was about. She would heal them before they could die.

Acidic Mist: Shroud and Seep
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Mist Concentration, Acid Concentration, Shrouding Mist Technique
After forming the required hand seals, the ninja creates a blanket of Acidic mist which covers the area in front of them. The mist covers 40x40x40m area. The mist limits the visibility of those inside to 3 meters in any direction, and dampens scents, weakening any advanced scent techniques, or controlled scent techniques by 2m. This technique lasts a number of posts equal to the user's 1/3 chakra pool.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:47 am

Yukari swore as the scene around her grew more and more chaotic. Her bolt of raiton, fired at close-range towards the woman with the sword, burst directly into the woman's face; though it was undoubtedly weak compared to its target, it would still electrify and shock her, potentially allowing an opening for a follow-up strike. Yukari's haymaker, however, was met with a needle of some sort that the woman spat forward. It cracked the wooden gauntlet on her hand, shattering it, but luckily diverted just enough from the impact to avoid piercing the girl herself.

Still consumed by the effects of Shinjiro's genjutsu, she ducked to the right and prepared to dart in for another punch with her right, aimed at Hisayo's gut, but hesitated at a grotesque sight in the corner of her vision. Shinjiro convulsed, then seeminly expelled the blood mist which re-formed back into the first woman. The one that seemed entirely unhinged. She then lobbed a bunch of sickles, causing even her own allies to react, then exhaled a vibrant mist which began to immediately eat away at the arena, slowly spreading towards the combatants.

Even through the genjutsu, that was enough to make the young konoha genin hesitate and back off a few steps. The woman she'd been ineffectually fighting turned and yelled at her supposed-comrade, and the Kirigakure man seemed to still be experiencing the aftershock of whatever possession the blood-witch had done. A quick exchange happened between the two women, with movements quicker than Yukari could follow, and the next thing she knew the one with the huge sword was sprawled on the floor right where Takunobu had been standing a moment before.

Is this our chance? Her mind seemed to be pulling her in two directions at once. She so badly wanted to leap from the edge of the platform and plant a fist in that blood-shrouded woman's face... But her vision of the target was quickly fading as her red-green mist technique spread, obscuring everything in that direction. Very soon it would be upon Shinjiro, eating away at him just like it was at the platform. No, there was no way to attack this way.

Stumped, she staggered back further, running away from the encroaching mist. She ran to the edge of the platform, trying to grab Noeru and pull him away as she passed, and gauged the distance to the floor. The platform had stopped at the level of the treetops, it seemed, making the jump not too dangerous--so long as they fell while they were still conscious.
"We've got to get out of here!" she shouted to her allies, hoping they'd listen this time. "We're dead if we stay! Dead!" She wove a few handseals and channeled as much chakra as she could into firing another series of raiton bolts out into the growing cloud of mist, aiming at where she'd last seen Maido. Any little thing she could do to buy the others an extra few seconds might be worth it. And if the others all managed to get away and jump, she'd follow suit.

JutsuShow
*Raiton • Bright Bolt
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will extend two fingers toward a target. A bolt of lightning will jump up to 10 meters from their fingers at [12] Speed and Strength.
Fired 3x blindly at Maido
CharactersShow

Izanagi

Chin chin!

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Truthfully, Shinjiro wasn’t very invested in the situation. These Genin were nothing more than ants to him, and though he enjoyed following Maido along on her whims he quickly grew bored of conflict that held no real challenge to him. He allowed Maido to control him, creating the platform and spawning a few sickles and spikes here and there. But none of the Genin had even really come at him, he smirked slightly beneath his mask as he assessed each of their responses. One taunted him, the other seemed on edge and ready to fight, clearly affected by his genjutsu and the last seemed to resist it, keeping his cool and even managing to utilize kai to break free. All in all not a bad group by Konoha standards, but they certainly lacked true killing intent. He hadn’t even felt the need to move as Maido emerged from his body and began to get a little more reckless.

Only as the acid mist was encroaching a few meters from him did his wings sprout forth in a brief glow of chakra. Hands in his pockets, he left an afterimage of himself with a single flap of his wings, moving behind and above the group as they attempted to retreat. Though the young Bannin frowned when he noticed Maido turning on Hisayo. He did like her somewhat, though ultimately his loyalty was to Maido alone. Dashing silently through the sky and with tremendous speed he struck Yukari’s arm that held Noeru with a simple palm strike, enough to render its use ineffective until treated. Then he targeted the one who had taunted him first, grabbing his arm and ripping him away from the girl snapping his limb before delivering a powerful left hook to his jaw and then tossing him back into the girl to aim to knock them both off the platform.

He would stand in place for only a moment and lock eyes with the remaining Senju, the one that seemed the closest thing the group had to a leader. In an instant he would close the distance, striking the young man in the orbital bone to render him temporarily blind in his left eye before twisting and lashing out with a kick to break his right knee, followed by a flick of his wings to essentially backhand him off the platform with the others. If Hisayo hadn’t got herself off the platform by then he would rescue her as well, simply grabbing her by the neck and carrying her off with him as he flew over to a nearby tree. Despite attacking each of them, Shinjiro’s motions from his first attack to leaving the platform with Hisayo would have culminated in less than 3 seconds. Such was the power gap between Genin and Bannin. Though he had at least ensured he held back his strength enough to not kill them.
Jutsu UsedShow
Assassins Flight
A-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
This transformation allows Shinji to grow a pair of large bat wings from his upper back. Each wing is 3 meters long and 1.5 meters wide and typically brown or black in color. These wings are fully functional allowing Shinji flight capabilities. As an extension of his body Shinji has learned how to fly and move as swiftly and silently as he normally would.

Blurred Movement
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 25 Speed
Having honed his body to operating at high speeds Shinjiro has developed the ability to blur his movements at will making his fine movements more difficult to determine. If his opponent doesn’t have a perception/motion tracking technique of equal or greater rank then Shinjiro’s actual movements will be invisible to the eye, leaving only an afterimage of himself in his wake that will persist for a full post before fading.

Shadow Step
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite:[Stealth]
Trained in the ways of an Assassin, silent movement is one of the Karagata families most esteemed talents. Shinjiro can move up to his full speed, running or flying without making a sound, be it footsteps, breathing, the drawing of weapons and movement of clothes. Even his heartbeat is slow and undetectable unless an opponent has an enhanced hearing technique of equivalent or higher rank.

*Humorous Humerus (Used against Yukari)
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 10 Strength
The practitioner delivers an open palm strike to the opponent's arm, attempting to break the humerus bone and render the arm unusable. This makes the opponent unable to move the affected arm or perform hand seals. The opponent will also feel immense pain in their injured arm and will have trouble moving the arm any further down than the shoulder. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Endurance to achieve the desired effect of this technique.

*Radius Locator (used against Noeru)
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Pre-Requisite: 10 strength
The practitioner sidesteps the opponent's punch and grasps the striking arm with their corresponding hand before raising their free arm and ramming their elbow into the opponent's elbow with their full force. This strike cleanly breaks the opponent's radius bone in two pieces. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Endurance to achieve the desired effect of this technique.

*This is a Library (Used against Noeru)
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner throws an uppercut or hooking punch, attempting to dislocate the opponent's jaw. The practitioner will twist on the ball of their foot to add some extra force to the strike. Striking the opponent's jaw will dislocate it, causing them to be unable to speak or move their jaw. It will also cause immense pain and swelling. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Endurance to achieve the desired effect of this technique.

*Look Over There (Used against Takanobu)
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner throws a hooking punch into the side of their opponent's face around the orbit socket, twisting on the ball of their foot to add some extra force to the strike. Making contact with the blow will cause bleeding and swelling in the opponent's afflicted eye, making them go temporarily blind in the targeted eye until they receive medical attention. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Endurance to achieve the desired effect of this technique.

*Knee Bender (Used against Takanobu)
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner closes in and delivers a powerful snap kick to the opponent's knee, attempting to bend it completely backwards, dislocating it or breaking the joint outright. This causes the opponent unable to stand on the afflicted leg without struggling to balance themselves. This also causes immense pain in the opponent's joint, making the injury hard to heal naturally. The practitioner's Strength must be 5 points higher than the opponent's Endurance to achieve the desired effect of this technique.

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:17 pm

Noeru was so consumed by his thirst for adrenaline that he had completely ignored all the signs that pointed towards their retreat. Wanting to feel more of this feeling that fuelled his body pushed him to put not only himself put his comrades at risk. Losing his self-control he was planning his next attack when the blood-witch had just thrown one of he comrades at them like a missile. All happening so fast that the youth froze in place, with not knowing what to do his hands were interlocked in a seal and would not shift into another. The feeling of adrenaline turned into fear. He saw Yukari moving towards him, grabbing him, but the event did not register. Only when he was the girl began to pull him along with her towards the edge of the platform did he realise that Yukari made the decision to retreat. But it was too late. Before his eyelids managed to close, the man whom Noeru taunted earlier moved at speeds which did not register till after the fact his arm and jaw was broken and he was tossed at Yukari, who was presumably already falling off the platform. The were no time to even yell out in pain from the damage, all he could do now is used whatever strength he had left to try and make sure that they made it to the ground without sustaining any more injuries. But then, Takanobu followed them, after being struck multiple times by the man and once again being hurled towards them just like Noeru was a second earlier.

Chakra coated his limp body, and suddenly small branches shot out from each limb, wrapping themselves around his comrades and then extending a few feet in a radius around them, like a sphere made of springs. Hopefully this would provide them enough safety to reach the ground without being hurt even more.
JutsuShow
Groot
Description: The user will form handseal, or channel chakra, and their body will become the centre of growth of many little branches which will grow up to 3 meter radius. These will work like springs to allow himself, or anyone caught in the radius to bounce off any solid material.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Sia

Chin chin!

Post by Sia » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:10 pm

For a mere moment in time, Maido did nothing. She looked at the chaos she had wrought so haphazardly into the area and let out a long breathe. She brought her hands up and chakra began to encircle her entire body. Shades of crimson, blood-red, splashes of acidic green, tinges of light-blue mist all began to spew outwards into the air around her, meeting with her acidic mist and causing it to quickly disappear, along with the blood platform she had produced. Quickly, the mist and platform retreated, being sucked back into Maido's body, grotesquely contorting her figure and form as she took in her own horrific jutsu.

After a moment, her body began to heal itself. The wounds of acid's affliction were staved off quite quickly and her body surged with what might be the familiar pulse of iijutsu chakra, humming and reverberating through her very being. She paid no mind to Hisayo and Kayoko for the time being, for Shinjiro had so nicely decided to help them out. Finally speaking, she gazed at the Konoha squad from above her nose, looking down upon them as she began to float a few inches off of the ground. "Well this was fun, if not completely ridiculous. Come find me when you're stronger, I'm sure we could teach you a thing or two."

A needle suddenly appeared then in Maido's mouth after a quick series of hand seals and as she spat it at Hisayo, Maido disappeared from sight entirely. Hisayo caught the needle mid-flight and immediately threw it to Kayoko, also turning invisible. Catching it as well, Kayoko released it and vanished, tossing the needle towards Shinjiro. Just like that, the Muramasa trio had vanished, the blood platform, the acidic mist, all of it, gone.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Valkier

Chin chin!

Post by Valkier » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:48 pm

Yukari cried out in alarm as her hand, one moment gripping a handful of Noeru's jacket, was snapped by a phantom impact. The strike hit too fast for her to even witness, and hit harder than she thought possible, leaving her watching in a state of shock as the pain began to register. Even before that could hit her, however, something else did--Noeru, careening through the air. Her mokuton shell, where it hadn't already been shattered by Shinjiro's hit, exploded into pieces as both girl and boy flew backwards, out into the open air, and then down towards the ground.

Something seemed to shake her as they fall, waiting for the sickening impact. Her back was to the ground, and she caught a glimpse of Takanobu above her and Noeru for a moment as they all fell. Then a web of roots erupted around the latter of them, spreading out and somehow managing to catch all three Konoha ninja mere moments before they hit the floor.
Nevertheless, the landing was not smooth. The roots beneath her splintered, absorbing some but not quite all of the impact. She rolled for several metres and skidded to a halt in a tangled mess of limbs and broken spars of wood. She felt more than heard herself scream in pain as the crippled arm folded beneath her, the rest of her body not much better off. Her head rang, vision blurred from the pain and shock, and she almost missed the witches parting words as the woman dispelled her daunting techniques and gave her parting message. Yukari only groaned and blinked as the three woman--three?--disappeared one by one. Where the Kirigakure man was, she couldn't quite tell.

She rolled over and tried to pick herself up, but her broken arm gave way and she groaned in pain again. It took several long, precious seconds for her to adjust, cradling the bad arm with the good one and standing using just her legs. Unable to do so much as form a basic seal, she staggered over to where Noeru and Takanobu now lay, and watched the sky above them for any sign of Shinjiro. She spotted him atop a nearby tree and froze for a second, then forced herself to keep moving; it was clear by now that if the man had wanted her and her comrades dead, there was nothing they could do to prevent it.
She reached to her belt, then cursed as she realised she hadn't brought any smoke canisters with her today. That would've been her backup plan to help her friends, now that she couldn't use jutsu, but it seemed even at that she'd failed. Instead she simply dropped to her knees next to the two boys, still holding her broken arm.

"You two still with me?" She asked, voice strained. She did have her medkit with her, at least. From the looks of it the bandages at least would be needed, perhaps an improvised splint or three. She made sure the other two were breathing and moving before starting to pull the bandages out, glancing up at Shinjiro every few moments to see if he was still there.
CharactersShow

hobnob

Chin chin!

Post by hobnob » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:45 am

After the damage the youth sustained, being thrown off the platform into a direct impact with Yukari, only to be struck by Takanobu and utilising the remains of his consciousness to perform a jutsu that would hopefully anymore major injuries for occurring, Noeru began to lose consciousness as they headed for the ground. The impact itself would shatter the sphere the youth created, absorbing some of the impact but not enough. This was the tipping point for Noeru. The impact had done enough damage, and he lost consciousness. He was now led the among the branches motionless, at the mercy of his allies and his opponents. Hopefully, they were not interested in pursuing them any further.

With the damage that has been sustained, he would need medical attention, but getting to a hospital would was not something Noeru would be able to do on his own. Yukari spoke, but would not get a response from Noeru, she was able to hear a very slow, and strained breathing pattern, most likely caused by the broken ribs, or possibly his jaw. All Noeru could do is lay there, until help arrived, or he had regained consciousness.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Return to “1st International Chuunin Exams”