Meet my Zombie Sister

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:13 pm

"TAKEO, BY THE LIGHT, I WILL END YOU IF YOU BREAK THAT VASE!" Kiyori's voice boomed through her house as she saw one of her sons, Henrin Takeo, running around with an expensive vase that was gifted to her by one of the Nomadic Tribes of Wind country. The boy practically froze in place as his mother's voice boomed through the house, and a few of her other kids made "ooh"s at him as he was clearly in trouble. Aina, his twin sister, was right next to him, preparing to tackle her twin to the ground. "AINA, DON'T YOU DO IT!"

It was too late; the girl had lunged for her brother, and as the boy fell to the ground with a "WAH" the vase launched into the air. In a flash, sand burst forth from Kiyori's hand and gripped the vase gently, lowering it back down into Kiyori's hands. As she breathed a sigh of relief, Kiyori's sister Sachiko rounded the corner, her fingers extended in a "V". "Yo, could you guys keep it down? I'm trying to sow my ear back on. You know, the one you ripped off?" She pointed to Aina with a glare, and the girl, still on top of her brother, just grinned and laughed nervously.

Kiyori was fuming, but at least her vase was safe... she put the vase down on it's shelf just as she heard a knock at the door. "Emi, could you get that?" Kiyori called out, as it was clear she would be busy disciplining her troublemaking twins. Emi, with her long black hair and tan skin, jumped up from her seat on the couch, having watched all of this chaos unfold. "On it mom!" The girl exclaimed, and ran for the front door to open it.

"Hello?"
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Hizashi Junpei stood outside the door of the home for several moments in awkward silence as he tried to decide if he was still going to knock. He had no trouble getting to the home, with his new schlera his eyes looked eerily similar to that of the Henrin themselves. And of course everyone knew who the former Kazekage was, so asking where her home was got him all the direction he needed no matter who he asked. That day he'd chosen to go without his jacket or his gauntlets, purposely showing the rings on his forearms by wearing simple dark pants and a sleeveless shirt. Eventually he did knock on the door however in spite of the anxiousness he felt as a result of all the yelling going on inside the home.

When the door opened he was surprised to see a young girl answer it and he did his best to give a kind smile in return. "Hey." he replied simply. "I'm Hizashi Junpei... um, is Henrin Sachiko or Henrin Kiyori home?" he asked awkwardly, his hands resting in his pockets as he waited for a response.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 pm

The former Kazekage was at her wit's end, and unfortunately, Arata wasn't in a position to help her much right now aside from watching their youngest child; Henrin Akemi. As the door opened, Emi greeted the man with a smile, and as he asked for either her mom or aunt she simply shouted back for them. "Mom, Auntie, someone's here looking for you two!" A few seconds later, Kiyori poked her head around the corner to the left of the front door of the home. "Ooh, visitor! Welcome to-" Kiyori's gaze immediately turned cold as she saw who it was at the door. She didn't know who he was, but she knew what he was.

"...Emi, gather up the kids and take them out back for some play time."

"But mooom, it's hot outside, do we-" "Just do it. It's important, please." Emi pouted a little, but she finally nodded and walked past her mother into the living room, yelling out names and rounding up kids before heading out the back door in the living room. Kiyori finally came out from around the corner now, and Sachiko as well came from the hallway to the right of the front door. Kiyori would lean against the wall, eyeing the visitor up and down, while Sachiko simply shook her head... They both recognized the signs of a Jinchuuriki, and Sachiko's existence was sensitive to Shishire's presence; She could literally feel the spirit within Junpei. Finally, Kiyori let out a sigh, her eyes falling to the floor as memories of Sakaki, of Inka, of her own sister, flooded her mind. A tear form in her right eye as she finally spoke.

"They couldn't wait to put that evil beast in a new body, could they?" It was Sachiko who finally motioned for Junpei to come inside. "You're letting the cold out bud, get in here and shut the door."
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:47 pm

Junpei practically felt a chill as Kiyori's tone turned cold. Granted he hadn't expected a warm reception, but he wasn't quite expecting this either. His hands still in his pockets, he waited for something to happen at least. The children headed outside and he could practically feel Shishire stirring as Sachiko appeared as well. When she invited him in, he stepped inside and pulled the door shut behind him before putting his hands back in his pockets and sighing heavily. "I'm sorry if my being here is a problem... I can leave if you'd rather...." he said quietly, feeling suddenly unlike himself. He was facing down the former Kazekage and her initial remarks had left him suddenly on edge.

'Shishishi... why are you letting this one get to you, hm? Work with me, your power will outshine hers quickly...'

The voice of the spirit wasn't helping either. With a light grimace, Jun finally took a hand from his pocket to pinch the bridge of his nose a moment and shook his head. "I'm sorry, I can go if you'd rather... I just, I hoped Sachiko here could maybe give me some insight..." he admitted before swallowing hard and sighing, putting his hands back in his pockets and looking between the pair for a moment.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:01 pm

Kiyori held up a hand to silence the boy's concerns as he entered her home. She may not have been the Kazekage anymore, but she still held powerful authority and respect. "No, stop. You've no reason to apologize." The woman sighed and leaned against the wall, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "That was rude of me, I let my pain get the better of me. But don't worry about that." Just then, with a silly grin, Sachiko walked across the small entrance hall to her sister and sidled up behind her, pushing her away. "Alright, Kiki, get outta here, this is my wheelhouse not yours, move it, go check on your boytoy!"

Kiyori gave light protests as she was slowly forced down the hallway Sachiko had emerged from, but eventually she let out a sigh and did as her sister instructed, heading down the hallway to check on Arata. This left Sachiko and Junpei in the entrance hall. "Don't let her fool you; Kage or no, she's still got a stick up her ass. Well, let's do this proper eh? I'm Sachiko; Former host to the Shigenma. How ya doin in there, Shishi!?" The girl would extend her hand for a shake, and if Junpei took it, he'd find her flesh to be room temperature; far, far colder than flesh should feel. A clear sign that the woman was dead, yet not.

"Well... come on in, get comfy. We've got a lot to talk about. You want tea or something? Serving's not really my gig, but I can whip something up." As she spoke, Sachiko would lead Jun into their living room; a large, spacious room with several places to sit, including two couches and three chairs all around the room. On the far end was the back door that lead into the back yard, where Kiyori's kids could be seen playing. And around the corner of the living room was a small entrance to the kitchen.
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:43 pm

"I've been learning quickly that there is much pain connected to this thing." Junpei admitted as Kiyori spoke. She didn't necessarily apologize herself, but he still took it as such. Before he could speak further however it seemed Sachiko interrupted and shoo'd the former Kazekage from the room, earning a raised eyebrow and a chuckle from Jun as he watched the Bannin leave and his focus instead turned to the Zombie girl herself. He took her offered hand for a shake, a shiver running down his spine at the temperature of her skin which of course just set the spirit in his head laughing. "No offense but that's just unnerving." he admitted, a slight blush rushing to his cheeks as he shook his head.

He followed her into the living room and took a seat, shaking his head at her offer of tea. "I'm alright." he told her. "Honestly I'm still recovering... I've been sealed less than a week. Still not keeping a lot down." he admitted as he took a seat and leaned back in the seat, pinching the bridge of his nose with two fingers as again Shishire started in with his own comments and Junpei shook his head.

"I'm still not used to any of this, can't seem to clear my head for even a few minutes. I'm sorry to barge in I just... I guess when Shishire started bragging to me about all the death I kind of latched on to the fact that a former host still technically exists and I thought I should see if you had any advice for me..." His words trailed off a bit, his exhaustion already more than a little clear as he looked up at Sachiko. He still felt so lost in the entire ordeal.

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:24 pm

Sachiko breathed a small sigh of relief as the man made clear that he didn't need to be served or catered to. "Good, because you would've gotten what was basically hot water that tasted like piss." She laughed at herself and went to sit on a chair across from him, crossing her legs as she listened to the boy speak. When he was done, she'd cross her hands behind her head and lean back, looking up to the ceiling. "Heh... Funny. Sakaki did the same thing, although she was a lot farther along then you are. In fact, she's the reason I'm alive right now. Well... alive." She air quoted the "alive" the second time, as she obviously wasn't exactly alive or dead, but somewhere in between.

"Anywho, it's a little silly to seek me out for this sort of thing, don't you think? I mean, I was a failure of a host, much as it sucks to admit. The best thing I can tell you is what not to do." Sachiko's arms came in front of her with a huff as she looked to the side, towards the hall, to make sure Kiyori wasn't in ear shot. "If I'm being honest, this whole conversation leaves me feeling a bit vulnerable. I mean, to get the info you want, I basically have to confess my biggest failures and weaknesses..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:04 pm

Junpei sighed, looking down at his hands for a moment, and staring at those rings. "The way everyone tells it, every host is a failure." he finally said, sighing heavily as he distinctly heard that laugh of Shishire's in the back of his mind. "They paint the entire thing as hopeless, and my counterpart who was sealed with another genma at the same time talks like we're some kind of gods. I just... I don't get it." Jun shook his head. He was starting to question why he was there at all, especially as Sachiko made it all the more clear that the line of conversation was uncomfortable for her as well.

'I really am alone in this... not a damn person gets it, and even the remaining former host is tight lipped...'

'It's just you and me, dearie. I keep telling you, I can teach you all you need to know. There is no one else. You don't need anyone else.'

Jun shook his head, trying to shake the genma's words. It was slowly seeping in, the reality of the situation he was in. He was woefully unprepared, and he kept trying to do research when he should be trying to understand and train. 'Maybe you're right on this one...' He looked at Sachiko a moment and did his best to smile apologetically. "I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have come. I should have known better than to pry into something that would be so sensitive."

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:10 pm

Sachiko stretched her arms up behind her head as Junpei spoke more on what he had been told about the Soul Genma and it's past. "Don't let those old bastards get to you Junpei. We've had good hosts to Shishire, your predecessor was far and away one of the best to ever bear the burden." Letting out a loud grunt as she stretched, She stood from the chair and began to pace a little bit back and forth; just a habit of hers that she would likely never outgrow. "Your counterpart isn't looking at it right either, by the way. He's getting too big for his britches. Truth be told, I went into things with the same mentality. All that power, all the things I could do... People would have to notice me then, right? I'd be too important to the village, too powerful to ignore. And well... look where that got me."

She gestured to herself, to her preserved but lifeless corpse, and let out a small sigh as she shook her head. "All it got me was death and a perversion of life. But no, don't leave yet bud." Sachiko walked over to Junpei and extended a hand to him, wanting him to follow her. "I've got a couple of ideas to get you started at least. Follow me, we'll need privacy for this. Just uh, keep your hands and thoughts pure, heheh." She gave a little wink at the boy as she made her quip. After all, she was never one to be so serious; she had to break it up a little bit.
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Jun frowned slightly as Sachiko mentioned Sakaki, looking down at his hands again. "Apparently Sakaki was one of my girlfriend's best friends, and now I've brought this thing back into her life. If she was such a strong host and still died, I have to somehow be better... just to make sure Rika doesn't lose even more."he replied, shaking his head. And what the girl said about Takuma didn't make him feel any better either. "Takuma worries me... and that doesn't make me feel any better. Why is this so damn complicated? He's young and reckless, why would they put that thing in him?" He almost started pacing himself but the entire situation almost had him too stressed even for that.

He did finally get up to follow Sachiko as indicated, rolling his eyes and laughing as she made her joke. "I think you have little to worry about on that front." he told her. "Pretty sure my family thought I was either gay or incapable until a couple weeks ago." he countered with a laugh. "So what's this idea of yours?"

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:31 pm

Sachiko couldn't help but to shrug as the boy made clear his regrets, knowing full well he'd have them regardless of the situation. After all, on some level, she regret it too... "Eh, if I'm being honest Jun, you really didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Once they pick the candidate, to refuse is such a stain on your record as a shinobi you may as well be forced into retirement. They'd probably never have let you advance in rank, among other underhanded reprimands, until you ended up quitting or something. Trust me... agreeing to be sealed was just the illusion of choice. Nothing more." She spoke with a bitter tone, feeling as if she had gotten a raw deal when she was sealed back then...

But this wasn't about her; this was about Jun. As they walked through the large house, Sachiko would open a door leading into a rather small room, with a simple altar to Yuumagure on the opposite end of the room. "Of course the home of a Kazekage has to have a personal shrine, right? Come, sit." Sachiko would gesture to a pillow on the right, while she moved to the altar and placed a stick of incense in the center of the altar, above the large sun-shaped ash tray. Then, with a match, she'd light two candles on either side of the altar before lighting the incense and taking a seat on the left cushion.

"You're never going to get anywhere with the Genma's power if you don't make some concessions. It's a delicate balance; you have to appease Shishire, but not give up complete control to him. I heard from sis that Sakaki was a raggedy orphan, and she had to spend all kinds of savings on fine clothing and perfumes before Shishire would even talk to her. Y'see, that spirit of yours is quite the snob. He likes the finer things, so Sakaki's disheveled appearance was a personal affront to him. Now, when you were sealed, I'm guessing you woke up in some strange place and spoke to Shishire, right?"

It was no doubt eerie to Junpei how much Sachiko could tell him about what went on in his own mind. Or maybe not, considering she had been through it herself. With a grin, she'd close her eyes and inhale the smell of the incense. "That place is the Mindscape; Think of it like... Shishire's home in your mind. With careful meditation and focus, you can enter the mindscape and have a more direct interaction with him. That's the best way to start making headway in understanding what the genma expects of you, and what you want in exchange. Make sense?" She'd only pause for a moment to let him speak in confirmation before making clear what she expected of him.

"Now... Close your eyes. Deep breath. And go tell that bastard what you really think of him."
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:06 pm

Junpei snorted as Sachiko spoke as if he wasn't already being held back in rank. "I'm sixteen and still a Genin. I'm already viewed as impending failure... still not sure why they even sealed this thing in me, especially now that you say that. You'd think someone like me, that everyone sees as a complete slacker, would be last on their list of possible hosts." As they walked through the house and came to a small room with an altar in it, Jun felt himself get oddly uncomfortable all of a sudden. He wasn't sure why, he grew up with the religion of course, like everyone else in the village. But ever since the sealing something didn't feel right. When he was near an altar or trying to practice anything in regards to Yuumagure he felt this awkward heat at the center of his chest that just didn't seem to go away. Watching Sachiko light the incense brought the feeling on, though he still sat on the cushion she pointed to, periodically giving the altar uncomfortable glances before forcing himself to keep his attention on the undead girl in front of him.

She brought up his sealing, and heat flushed his cheeks suddenly. He nodded slowly as she spoke of the place he woke up in. "Yeah, it was some kind of Mausoleum... or a graveyard. It's hard to remember really. The whole memory feels so fuzzy now, almost like its barely there. When I woke up in the hospital they said I might have trouble with memory recall for a bit, apparently I almost died... something about there being a lot of blood..." Jun swallowed hard and looked down for a moment. "Vanity should be easy enough to appease though. I've never really avoided it much myself." he admitted. "Honestly I'm dressed down compared to how I usually am right now. I didn't want it to seem like I was hiding the signs of the genma from you or your sister, I wanted to be clear who I was and why I was here..."

She told him to enter the mindscape, and that made his blood run cold. Jun shook his head almost vehemently. "I... what's that going to achieve?" he asked, his voice shaking. "I really don't want to go there alone again..."

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:08 am

Sachiko rolled her eyes and sighed as the boy got down on himself for his rank. It wasn't worth the time to tell him he was wrong, that his decision to postpone his rank up was actually a good thing in the long run as it showed that he wasn't concerned with prestige or power, both of which were traits the Shigenma was known to exploit. He'd figure all of that out in due time... Instead, she latched on to his rough sealing, and what he was afraid of doing. "Listen every sealing is different. Mine wasn't much better, but I got through it. You survived, and in the end that's all that matters. But as for this fear you're feeling? You need to knock that shit off right now, or you may as well give up."

Her tone turned harsh, but the words came from a place of concern. She wanted him to do better than she had... "You need to realize something, Junpei. If you let your fear of the genma rule you, it will win. If you let your infatuation with it's power rule you, it will win. If you do nothing or too much, it will win. Balance, Junpei. Balance is the key to making the most of this beast's power. And that all starts with you sacking the fuck up and getting the fuck in there to tell it what you want, and what you'll do in exchange."

Although it might not be seen as comforting given her body temperature, Sachiko would reach out with one hand to rest a hand on her leg and grip lightly. "And you're not alone. I'm right next to you. Think of it like a... genjutsu. You might be in your own head but your body will be right here next to me, okay? Nothing bad will happen to you."
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:21 pm

In truth, Sachiko's words did nothing to make him feel better, but they did push him. At the very least, she was right that he needed to push through and find his way. Not just for him but for Rika as well. For a moment he sat there looking down at his lap, flinching visibly as she touched him and pulled him out of his thoughts. He nodded slowly. "If I don't do this, I die, right?" he said, sighing heavily. "If I can't do it for myself, then I need to do this for my sister, and for my Rika." he added, shaking his head for a moment. "Alright... alright I'll try." He looked over at the altar beside them for a moment however and simply frowned. "I just... I don't know, nothing about the Light feels right ever since..." he just shook his head again. "It's stupid. Nevermind."

He shook out his arms briefly to try and make himself relax a bit before closing his eyes to try and meditate. "Alright you prick..." he muttered, taking a deep breath as he could swear he heard laughter somewhere in the back of his mind.

He thought it was going to take forever, but honestly it was only moments later before he felt like he was walking across the stone floor of that mausoleum again. He looked around at the dust and the cobwebs, coming down the stairs before he heard that voice. "So little zombie princess is giving you tips... isn't that adorable..."

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Sachiko had nothing else to say to the boy as he prepared to enter the mindscape and confront his demons, literally and figuratively. However, as she sat there quietly, she listened for whatever sounds he might make, and watched for any movements that might concern her. Once it was clear that he was truly in a trance, she let out a breath and let her legs spread out. "...Meditation never came naturally to me." As she let out a sigh, she simply resigned herself to watching the boy, in case she needed to intervene somehow.

On the other side of the door, a nosey Kiyori was listening intently to the goings on inside of the altar room, smiling warmly as she realized how much her sister had grown. "Sachiko... Perhaps it was your destiny to be here for the hosts that came after you, instead of being a success yourself. Perhaps your existence could prove to be just what Junpei needs to be what this village needs... I'm so proud of you."
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 pm

Junpei came down the steps of the mausoleum and his feet touched dirt. He was staring out over the graveyard again, a sinking feeling in his gut which didn't get any better as he looked over and saw the girl again. He could only guess this form the thing kept taking was Sakaki. Black hair and blue eyes, if the voice didn't keep throwing him off he might've thought she was pretty. But he knew this was the spirit of Shishire talking to him. "Yeah... she's trying to help me." Junpei commented, his nose scrunching up in irritation as the spirit seemed to giggle at him in response. "I keep getting told I need to fight you and your influence... she says I need to work with you on some level at least, strike a balance..."

"Balance... pfft. It'd be so much easier if you just let me-."

"If I let you run things, I end up dead and you wind up in a sealing jar. Again." Jun glared at the girl in front of him, who simply glared back and he shook his head for a moment, simply staring at her. For the first time he noticed what she was wearing. It was a nice kimono, tied with a yellow ribbon. His brow furrowed as he stared and sighed. "Sakaki started dressing up after you were sealed in her..."

"You already dress fairly well... though I hate when you dress down like this..."

Junpei looked down and realized what he was wearing, just the simple sleeveless shirt and dark pants. He wasn't wearing his jacket or his gauntlets. He looked at the marks on his arms and sighed. "Fine, so I'll dress better." he remarked, frowning. "I start working with you, learning this power, we both stay alive and you don't end up in a jar... deal?"

The girl crossed her arms and leaned against a headstone, frowning at him. "So you're gonna dress me up pretty and you get ultimate power? That's not much of a promise." Shishire in Sakaki form responded, clearly frowning. "I think you're going to need to put some real skin in the game for me..."

Junpei suddenly came out of it with a gasp as if he could hardly breathe, grunting in pain as his right hand flew to his left shoulder and blood seeped through his fingers. "That fucking asshole!" He couldn't help swearing as he looked over and shifted his hand to look under it. The wound wasn't bad, looked more like a bad gash from a knife wound and he rolled his eyes. "Pretty sure I struck a deal... but apparently when Shishire wants to be a smartass..." He shook his head. "He always looks like the last host I think..."

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:29 pm

Sachiko was silently observing the boy, as still as a statue, not even her chest heaving in or out as she watched the boy delve into his own mind and contact the spirit within him. That is, of course, until the boy suddenly jerked awake, grabbing his shoulder in pain. As blood seeped through and he insulted the spirit, Sachiko laughed a little. "Haha, yeahhh... Shishire is an asshole, there's no doubt about that. I wouldn't have expected those words out of your mouth though, you strike me as the prim and proper type. Kinda happy to see I was wrong." She snickered a little towards the end, rising to her feet as she called out. "You can come in now sis. You're not as sneaky as you think you are."

Slowly the door would open, revealing the former Kazekage, who smiled sheepishly at the two. "Heh... sorry. I should've left you with privacy but I was concerned, what with the newly sealed host in my home." Sachiko shrugged and pointed at the boy, smirking as she walked past her sister and out into the hall. "Welp, I think you've got this part covered. My work here is done, I'll go make sure your hellions aren't ripping each other apart." Kiyori shook her head and smiled as her sister walked past, but called back to her just as she rounded the corner. "If anyone is ripping anyone it's Takeo and Aina, you know that!" Shaking her head, she'd motion towards the living room, wanting Junpei to follow her.

"Come on out here, I can patch that wound up real fast before you head out. How did it go? Did you find the answers you were looking for?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:40 pm

Junpei couldn't help a light blush as Sachiko mentioned him being more of a 'prim and proper' sort of person. The woman wasn't entirely wrong about him, he normally tried to keep a certain measure of decorum about himself after all. "Yeah... I don't normally swear all that often..." he admitted, shaking his head before glancing at his shoulder again and the blood seeping between his fingers. "I couldn't really help it this time though." he added, sighing before taking a deep breath to steady himself. However he looked up suddenly as Sachiko called out to someone and he looked over to see Kiyori enter the room.

His blush only worsened as he realized she would have heard him swear the way he did. "I-I'm sorry, Kazekage-Sama." he suddenly, clearly concerned about how upset she might be at his behavior. He felt a pit deep in his stomach as Sachiko left him alone with her and swallowed hard during the pair's exchange before he got up and followed Kiyori as she indicated him to do so. He fell silent, following her into the living room and sitting down as he waited to be patched up.

He shrugged with a slightly painful grimace as she asked him her questions. "Well, some kind of answers I guess." he answered. "Not sure it's ever what I'm looking for thought." he admitted. "When I had this sealed in me I thought it was a chance to keep my sister safe, my village safe, but every time I look in Shishire's eyes, see him looking like the last host... I just see death and wonder how long until it's my eyes staring at the next host?" Junpei sighed and shook his head. "I think mostly I've learned I have to appease, trap and use this thing that's done the same to everyone before me... it's a tall order."

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Kiyori simply smirked at the young host, cocking out a hip with a little sass before she responded to his apology. "Please. Have you forgotten who my soul mate is? I hear things from him that'd burn your ears. I'd ask that you make sure my children don't hear such language though." She concluded with a smile, leading the boy into the living room, where'd she'd motion him to sit on a couch next to her. "Jun... that spirit has proven to be a horrid cancer on our village more than once." As she spoke, Junpei would watch as her tattoos began to glow, and all at once her body would emanate a warm luminance. The room would fill with her light, and as the light washed over Junpei, he'd feel the warmth flow through his body, relaxing his muscles and mending his shoulder. It wouldn't take long for the pain in his shoulder to completely cease, and only a little longer until the wound was almost completely gone.

"When I became Kazekage, Shishire was one of the main topics of discussion among the council. They wanted to know what steps I would take to ensure that future hosts remained healthy and useful to the village. I gave what advice I could, and I feel that the methods employed by our new spiritual advisor, Meiyo Souta, will do better than Sunagakure's previous methods. No matter what resides within you, you're still your own person. Don't ever forget that Junpei... the day you forget that is the day Shishire wins."

She wasn't trying to scare the boy, but he definitel needed to know exactly how dangerous Shishire is. Finally, as her light receded once again, she'd tilt her head and smile at Junpei. "I think you're on the right track. It's a mark of intelligence, to seek out those who have experienced what lies before you. Coming to Sachiko was a smart move, don't be afraid to reach out again if you need it. As long as you can maintain yourself, you're welcome in my home, Junpei. I'm... sorry if I came off harsh before. I knew Sakaki, and when she passed, I was one of the few that Souta would allow to comfort him. She was his daughter... and he hardly got any time with her." The woman let out a sigh, and looked out the window at her own spawn playing in the back yard.

"I could never begin to imagine what that man has endured..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:23 pm

In all honestly, Junpei really didn't know who Kiyori was with. She spoke of her soulmate and what she said confused him. He wasn't sure who the man was, he only really knew about the women herself though he'd heard rumors whispered behind hands about how the man wasn't worthy of her. But he was hardly going to ask about the man like that. But he knew Rika knew the woman personally and made a mental note to ask her about him later. Instead he simply nodded and sat on the couch beside her as indicated. He swallowed hard as he saw her begin to glow, and could swear he felt the genma within him begin to shake at the sight of it. But the warmth that came with it made him feel as if he just slipped into a comfortable hot spring for the first time in years. It was as if he was the most relaxed he had ever been and when he looked over he realized the wound was gone.

He hardly heard much of what was said as he ran his fingers over the healed wound, but as the woman spoke of Sakaki and of Souta, he lifted his head and looked at her. Some part of him felt heartbroken just hearing about the two and he nodded slowly. "I'll try to remember... I've hardly seen Souta-Sama, and never spoken to him myself." he admitted. "I think he's been avoiding me honestly." he added. "I don't blame him considering it all but... I think he's the next person I need to speak to. I can't speak to his daughter. But I need to know as much as I can about her. She was strong against Shishire, and with him for that matter... I need to know as much as I can."

TyDie

Meet my Zombie Sister

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:06 pm

Kiyori smiled warmly at the boy as her ability worked it's magic, the regeneration that she was known for being passed on to him and tending his wounds. In honesty, her smile was just as warm as the light that emanated from her, and the relaxation he felt brought satisfaction to her. But before she said anything on the subject, Junpei spoke up about the situation between Souta and Sakaki, and expressed interest in speaking to him... since he couldn't speak to Sakaki. A small sigh escaped her as she looked to the ceiling. "I think you're on the right track, Junpei. Souta is our foremost expert on spirits, I think only Zao-sama would know more and... he's not to be trusted at the moment. Souta is your best bet, but..."

She stood from the couch now, motioning for her to follow him to the front door as she was trying to make it clear his duty and time here were both done. "Be kind to him, Junpei. She was strong against Shishire yes, but she was still his daughter. I can't imagine any kind of reminiscing will be pleasant for him. So just... have a care. Tread carefully. When he cracks down and gets harsh, just remember what he's been through. What he's lost. And above all, remember that it was Shishire's fault - not yours." As she finished, they would end at the door, which she would open for him so that he could see himself out.
Active Characters

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”