A Pair of Misfits

Kabu/Kat

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:31 am

It was early afternoon on a rather pleasant day for Kiri standards, Asuna having decided to forego training in favor of relaxation and just a bit of exercise. She knew the perfect way to spend time on such a nice day, at least far as she was concerned. Instead of the training field she found herself in a clearing at the edge of a small lake, a favorite spot of her's. Today was a day for swimming, one of her favorite hobbies ever since she was little.

As such her clothes and sword sat in a pile at the base of a large tree and she herself was nearby, clad in a simple one-piece swimsuit as she stretched. Once she had thoroughly gone through her stretches she took off at a run, entering the water with a graceful dive and briefly disappearing under the waves, making a small splash upon entrane. The water was a bit chilly for most tastes but that was just as she liked it.

"Ah, this is the life." she spoke to herself as she emerged, opting for now to float on her back, staring up at the sky. "Just me, the water, and sometimes the occasional fish."

She would make sure to get in some actual exercise later but for now she was content to just relax. She couldn't help but feel though... that the day would have even more in store.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 am

Karugata Tora's first couple of weeks had already passed at Asami's home. Though it was nice having his own bed and food he didn't have to fight over, he still wasn't comfortable. First of course he had to contend with the fact that the man who had killed his mother was regularly in and out of the home considering that man was not only a close friend and Sensei to the woman now caring for him, but also her lover it seemed. But also Asami herself only seemed to be the mothering type in short bursts. Sometimes she seemed to care and even fuss over him, other times she seemed as cold and heartless as the day the had thrown his katana to him. It often left him confused and wondering what was really going on in his young life. More than once he had started his day by sneaking out of his bedroom window. Which was exactly how he had started this day.

Of course given his age and inexperience he had no idea that Asami wasn't unaware of these outings and even followed him when they happened.

He came upon the small clearing and lake by chance but found himself mesmerized by it. He didn't notice the pile of clothes, nor even the girl swimming in its waters. He walked to the edge and sat down, sinking his feet into the cool waters and even giggling to himself as a stray fish came by and nibbled on his toes. He also never realized a shadow in a nearby tree watching him. All he was really aware of was how relaxed he felt for the first time in awhile as he watched the fish circle his feet, at least until he finally noticed the girl in the water.

He let out a shriek that was almost effeminate in nature and pulled his feet out, covering his eyes as he stumbled back. "Oh no! I'm so so sorry!" He hadn't even realized she was wearing a swimsuit, the poor boy was just frantically trying to make sure he hadn't offended someone again by his mere presence.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:00 pm

It seemed that her premonition had come true, Asuna catching sight of the boy as he dropped his feet into the water but choosing not to interact. She had no idea that there was another, that they were being watched however. Regardless, for now at least she was relaxed, in peace and content, and he seemed to be as well. Far as she was concerned there was no need for words. The peace and quiet was soon shattered however as the boy let out an effeminate shriek, Asuna unable to help a very brief giggle as he pulled out of the water and began frantically apologizing. Had he not noticed her... or was he just shy? In either case, why was he apologizing so frantically and covering his eyes?

Either way she did feel a little bad at the sight, letting out a quiet sigh as she re-positioned and swam towards shore. "It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. This place, while not very well known about, is open to everybody. And if you were worried about seeing me naked then don't be. See, I'm perfectly covered." she spoke with a small smile, climbing out of the water to show she was indeed wearing a swimsuit, not that it really left much to the imagination.

All the while she couldn't help but notice just how tiny he was, short and very scrawny... almost unhealthily so. From that and his general demeanor she could easily assume he had a rough time of it, though she couldn't even imagine the circumstances. Perhaps that was why he was so skittish... It was really a bit sad to think about, though she couldn't let herself get too down about it.

"Anyways, I'm Kaguya Asuna. And you?" she introduced herself, gently smiling all the while. No matter the circumstance this boy seemed a nervous wreck and she wanted to try and fix that, one small step at a time.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:29 pm

Tora scrambled back frantically until his back hit a tree, covering his eyes even as the woman started speaking. As she mentioned being fully covered he slowly uncovered his eyes and looked at her, almost hesitantly. He was almost shaking as he looked at her, pulling his legs up so his knees were against his chest as he looked at her. His blush didn't fade, instead it only deepened as it spread up his cheeks and his ears and he couldn't but find the woman in front of him beautiful. The way she spoke to him, so kind and as a normal person rather than as if he were shit under someone's shoe or in someone's way. It all caught his attention.

"I-I-I... Karugata Tora." he finally managed to say, stammering his way through introducing himself.

Up in the tree behind him, Asami had to cover her mouth to keep from snickering as she watched the small interaction between the two.

Tora fell quiet again, his eyes quickly dropping to the girl's feet as he felt like he was staring too much, his green-blue hair falling in his eyes as he did so. "I'm sorry. I didn't... I didn't mean to be any trouble." he said quietly. "I just was looking for a quiet place. Somewhere that wasn't the house."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:43 am

"It's no trouble Tora, you have nothing to apologize for. If you wanted a quiet place you've found one, and you're welcome to stay as long as you need. I don't mind the company, I even welcome it." Asuna responded with a smile, some part of her wanting to reach down and hug the boy. She had been very shy herself as a child but this was a whole new level... He seemed to be actively afraid of her, possibly of the world itself, and really it was a bit heartbreaking to see. What circumstances could possibly lead someone so young to act this way? Perhaps she would find out and maybe even help if she could get him to open up to her, but how?

Mom would have just asked what was wrong, but I can't be that direct. But there has to be something... she thought to herself, puzzling over where to go from here. She certainly couldn't leave him alone, but that was all she knew. Though in that case... perhaps it was best to just start simple, simply hanging out and getting to know one another.

And it was that thought that gave her an idea. There was something she could do after all, a small gesture she could give. "Say Tora, would you like to go for a swim with me? As I said earlier, I would be glad for the company." she spoke, slowly extending an open hand. There was of course no guarantee he would take it and some part of her even held doubts, but she needed to keep faith.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Tora lifted his head again slowly as Asuna spoke to him, and even mentioned welcoming his company. The warmth in her voice reminded him of the rare moments with Asami, when Shinjiro wasn't around. When she had first brought him to her house and told him he was welcome to stay he had heard similar tones in her voice. But when Shinji was around, or she'd been spending time with him there was a coldness to her that he could physically feel in her presence and the boy didn't like it. But the rare good moments stuck out in his mind. As he looked up at Asuna he could almost feel like this was like those good moments. He studied her face for a moment, not even realizing he was staring as he silently wondered if she had cold moments too, or was she always warm like this?

When she extended a hand, he hesitated for a moment, but then reached out one of his to take it and let her help him up if she chose to. His hand was small, just as much of him was. Though he'd finally started putting on weight at Asami's house, his hands didn't feel quite as boney as they used to. He was starting to fill out a bit and the woman had started talking about training him finally. But when he realized Asuna had mentioned swimming Tora suddenly shook his head. "I... I don't... I don't know how." he admitted sheepishly, suddenly pulling his hand from hers and rubbing the back of his neck as he looked down. "I was just gonna soak my feet in it because... because I can't swim at all..." He had too many memories of nearly drowning thanks to bullies at the orphanage and living in a place like Kiri, surrounded by water. Truth was, he knew how to swim, he was just terrified of swimming with a stranger.

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:55 am

Asuna couldn't help but tilt her head in puzzled curiosity as Tora at first seemed willing but then pulled away from her, her face lighting up in realization as he revealed he couldn't swim. Strange but not entirely unheard of, he was still young after all. There would be plenty of time to learn but it wasn't her place to be the teacher, especially given her own issues. Even just thinking about it made her highly nervous, the girl letting out a breath as she worked to calm her mind. No, this was no time to get lost in panic. She was trying to put Tora at ease, not scare him further.

It took just a brief moment for her to calm down, her attention at that point returning towards Tora. "Well, that's okay. We all have weaknesses and things we can't do." she responded with a nod and a smile, some part of her feeling he wasn't being entirely truthful. That said, while she was a bit disappointed, he surely had his reasons and she wasn't about to press the issue, she would just have to come up with something else.

"Well, for now why don't we just dip our feet and talk, get to know each other? Mama always did say that's the best way to make friends, though I've never been very good at holding conversation." she spoke as she offered her hand once more, a hint of sadness in her expression at the mention of her mother. However, with it came a thought...

"In fact, I'll start with a detail about myself. I'm an avid student of Kenjutsu, Iaido in particular. My dream, to one day join the Seven Swordsmen. Though I still have quite a ways to go."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Tora had honestly expected her to get upset, even flinching at first when she started to talk again. When instead she just accepted what he said and even smiled at him, he couldn't help looking at her with an expression of surprise. She offered her hand again and he took it, going with her if she lead the way back towards the water once more. "Okay." he said quietly, nodding slowly as she mentioned the pair getting to know one another. "I've never... never really made friends." he admitted quietly. The idea was nearly a foreign concept to him. He'd seen others pair up as allies before, he supposed that was what making friends was like. It wasn't something he had really been able to do, though he had heard Asami refer to Shinjiro has her friend, and Ryu as her friend. The words were strange for him considering the way he had met both men.

The woman went on to talk about herself, speaking of Iaido and he looked up at her again at the familiar word and he nodded quickly. "I know a couple of things about Iaido too." he admitted almost too quickly, his words rushing together as a blush came to his cheeks and he looked down again briefly. "I... uh, the woman I'm staying with has insisted I learn it. She has her student teaching to me actually. Ryu keeps saying he isn't even that good himself but... I mean, Asami-Sama insists its part of his training to teach me." Tora shook his head briefly and even chuckled to himself. "It's... all kind of confusing to me." he finally managed to admit.

In the tree Asami herself tilted her head as she looked at Asuna. She made a mental note to look into the young Kaguya to see what potential the young woman might have for the organization, but also more and more wondered if it might be worth interrupting the two in order to test her right there. For the moment she stayed in the tree still, observing the pair below.

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:29 am

Asuna was pleasantly surprised and even a bit happy at Tora's response, that she had met a fellow Iaido practitioner by mere chance. Though she couldn't help a giggle as he seemed to get suddenly embarrassed, blushing and looking down. And as he continued she did take note at the mention he was staying with someone though she chose not to dwell on it, tucking it away as food for thought and instead focusing on another bit of his response. "It's good to have a teacher, so long as they're willing and able. It can even prove as a learning experience for both parties, or at least that's what I think." she spoke once he finished, pausing a moment to gather her thoughts. She had never really been good at conversation and it left her at a lack of words, unsure how much was really appropriate to say.

"Mama taught me the basics of Kenjutsu and I picked up tips from my Genin rival but I'm largely self taught. It hasn't been particularly easy going but if I let that stop me I wouldn't be able to get anywhere." she continued after a brief pause, all the while leading him back over to the water's edge, letting go of his hand as she took a seat, letting out a content sigh as she dipped her feet into the water.

For a moment she fell silent, kicking her feet and looking out over the lake. "So, you're training in a weapon style... you entered the academy yet? I'm a Chuunin myself, freshly promoted. I gotta say though, I was a nervous wreck both before and after the exam, though I don't exactly have nerves of steel even on a normal day." she spoke finally, blushing slightly as she chuckled at the memories. She had even barely kept her cool during the exam but of course she wasn't about to mention that part, it was much too embarrassing to admit.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 pm

Tora couldn't help a snort of derision as the girl with him spoke of teachers. "She has her student teaching me." he admitted, his words almost dripping with hatred as he allowed himself to be led over to the water's edge. He didn't pull away from his new friend, but a new tension spread across the boy's shoulders as they moved and for a moment he didn't join her in sitting by the water. For a moment he only stood there silent and stared into it. But after a moment of his own silence he finally sat down and dipped his feet into it. "Her student... and her lover.... I met them first." he said quietly. "The night they worked together to kill my mother." He let his words hang in the air, the tension across his own shoulders only worsening as he didn't even bother to answer her question about the academy.

He simply sat silent and wallowed in his own words.

In the tree Asami rolled her eyes dramatically. 'Oh dear lord.' she thought to herself, sighing heavily before pushing herself off the branch and landing on the ground with an audible sound. She landed hard intentionally to draw attention back to her. She was certain to catch the girl by surprise, though she noticed Tora didn't bother to turn. "Tora you little shite." she snapped at him. "When you meet new people, the last thing you should ever do is dump such a dark revelation on them, especially when they're just trying to get to know you. Your core is not your murdered mother... have you really learned nothing yet, boy?"

Asami let out a harsh breath through her nose before looking over at the girl, getting a proper look at her now for a moment before nodding slowly. "I am the boy's guardian." she told her. "Karugata Asami, member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. Who are you?"

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:23 am

Asuna couldn't help but stare at the boy, blinking at the sudden revelation, his mother having been killed by village shinobi. "I..." she made an attempt to speak, only to just as quickly close her mouth as the words failed to come. What was she supposed to say? Her own mother had been killed in action but he was so young and while she had had her grandmother to help her work past it, it was seeming that he hadn't had the same kind of support. Was this why he was so timid, why he seemed so scared of the world itself? Maybe... but clearly there was still more to it, though she didn't feel it was her place to push it any farther, not yet at least. Though did this revelation mean she was making progress? She truly wasn't sure but she certainly hoped so.

That said, how to proceed from here? She wasn't at all sure what to even say. She wouldn't have long to think on it however, eyes growing wide in surprise as she leapt to her feet, turning around at the sound of someone approaching from behind, all the while chiding herself for not paying closer attention to her surroundings. How long had the woman been watching and listening, and what did she want?

She tilted her head, question marks practically floating over her head as the woman chided Tora, whom noticeably had not turned around. She found herself agreeing with the woman, having had to learn the same lesson herself some time ago. At the same time, in some ways she still found herself struggling with it even now so she couldn't blame him for having difficulties. She had to wonder if there was any way that she could help.

For now though there was a different matter at the forefront of her mind.. just who was this woman?

That question would soon be answered, Asuna suddenly feeling very nervous, eyes growing wide once more as Asami introduced herself as Tora's guardian, as well as a member of the Seven. She was meeting someone within the very organization she wished to be a part of. What was a girl to do in a situation like this? Well... there was a vital first step.

She took a deep breath, hand placed over her chest as she calmed herself, taking a moment before responding. "I... it's an honor to meet you, Asami-san. I am Kaguya Asuna. I've been training very hard hoping to one day become a member of the Seven myself." she spoke, bowing deeply as she did.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:58 am

Tora clammed up at Asami's arrival, but it was clear the boy was seething as she chided him. Every muscle across his shoulders tensed visibly, and even Asami's eyes were on him more than the girl who was with him even as she spoke to Asami herself. Eventually however, Asami turned her head to look at Asuna herself as the girl introduced herself. The way the girl had been talking to Tora, Asami had wondered how she'd react to the interruption and was actually pleasantly surprised that she didn't try to interject on Asami's comments. Instead she let it go, and clearly left it between the two.

After all, Tora's raising and training were Asami's business when Asami was present, not Asuna's. Asami was glad to see that so far Asuna seemed to respect this.

"A good goal to have." Asami replied, almost coldly. "Also a painful one. Our current overseer is my own Sensei who brought me into the organization... to say his methods were less than kind would be an understatement. How much would you endure to join, Asuna-chan?" she asked. Out of sheer curiosity to see how she'd react, Asami drew one of her own blades. Kowareta-Ha was a dark blade, a tanto, that she knew would have a draining effect on the target. she kept her hand tight on the hilt but tilted it slightly so the sharpened end was towards Asuna, almost as if offering the girl to cut herself on its blade as a smirk slowly wound its way onto her lips in a cruel fashion.

Tora turned his head in time to see the blade and suddenly jumped to his feet. "You're as cruel a bitch as he is!"

"Students emulate their Masters, even in the smallest ways. Ask yourself, Tora, how will you emulate me?" Asami replied calmly.

Tora froze, wide-eyed at her words and simply sputtered.
Weapon DetailsShow
Kowareta-Ha :: Tanto short sword,on right hip, 20 in. long (8 in. hilt, 12 in. blade)
Kowareta-Ha (Translates: ‘Broken Tooth’) is a weapon specially made for Karugata Asami. Every strike of the weapon carries with it the effect of an S rank Jutsu. For a duration of five posts, each strike is a -5 to strength and a -3 to speed of the target. However a strike must land for each of the five posts consecutively. When a strike is missed for a post, the target regains 5 strength and 3 speed

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:32 am

Asuna couldn't help but feel a sense of nerves and even a bit of unease as Asami spoke, amplified as the woman pulled out a sword, the pointed end held out towards her. But now wasn't a time for hesitation, she had long ago learned not to let fear stop her, that while it was oftentimes an obstacle, that it could also be a tool. Something about this woman rubbed her the wrong way, she couldn't really put a finger on what it was or why, but honestly it only made her more eager to push forward, to show just how serious she was about her goals, her willingness to prove herself.

And push forward she did, slicing a single finger against the blade in front of her, wincing in pain as she felt something seem to course through her, her body seeming to weaken just a bit. Sure it was reckless but she was certain at least that right now at least she wasn't in any real danger, though it didn't make the current pain she was feeling any less real.

"I'd be willing to endure as much as I can without putting my life at risk. I'm a Kaguya, harsh, sometimes even unfair training is something I'm used to. Anything less would be a disappointment." she spoke as clearly and calmly as she could manage, looking over towards Tora for a moment, giving the boy a brief smile before turning her gaze back towards Asami. I'm always looking to improve, to learn all I can and become as strong as I can be. And for that, in pursuit of my goals, I'm willing to do all that I possibly can, within my limits."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:26 pm

As Asuna looked at Tora, the boy shook his head fervently, as if begging her to stop what she was beginning. He felt sick to his stomach, and yet knew better than to interfere with what Asami was starting with the girl.

Asami meanwhile was grinning wide as Asuna willingly cut herself on the blade. The strikes of the weapon would have a strong effect on someone of her rank, and Asami knew that. Yet the girl seemed to hide yet well. '...and a second strike?' she thought to herself as she chuckled at the Chunin's words. "My Sensei often put my life at risk." she told her bluntly. "You see... I was trained by Karagata Shinjiro himself, still am. To be trained by the Overseer, and host of a Genma... well, the man is sadistic. More than once I've had to be revived or brought back from the brink." she informed her, dropping her arm and letting the blade rest at her side.

Yet she did not sheath the weapon.

"The Seven has no use for someone who thinks pushing to limits is enough you see. We push beyond that. We peel back what you are to see what you're really worth. You think you know your limits? Show me what lies past the point of breaking and what I can mold of you from there!" Asami suddenly moved forward and lashed out with the weapon, aiming to slice a gash across the girl's shoulder with the sword, a second strike to stack the effect. "How far are you really willing to go to prove you're worthy? I already have one dagger, Asuna. Are you worthy to be a second?"

Kabu

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Kabu » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:45 pm

Asuna bit her lip hard in an attempt to keep from screaming, though wasn't entirely successful, letting out a pained gasp and wincing as a second slash came and left a gash in her shoulder and seemed to drain even more of her strength, the unexpected nature of it and her weakened body leaving her unable to even really so much as think about avoiding the strike. And perhaps worse than the pain itself was her confidence beginning to falter, the girl unable to help but look away as her belief system was rebuked,her philosophies seeming to be put into question. Her whole life she had been under the belief there was no use in working hard if you killed yourself in the process... But did that really mean you couldn't push yourself to new heights? What would her mother think if she were to see her right now? What would she say?

Her eyes grew wide at the moment as she recalled an old memory, of something her mother had said very long ago. "There's only so far one can go by working within their comfort, within a restrained limit. Sometimes, pushing oneself is an absolute necessity." she spoke to herself, though a bit louder than intended.

And it was with that realization that a fire seemed to come to her eyes as she looked back towards Asami, blood running down from her bottom lip and even more from her shoulder as her body occasionally shuddered from both extreme nerves and pain, keeping itself upright only through some sheer force of will. "Please, give me a chance! I'll take anything you can throw at me, no matter how painful. I'm not very strong right now, I'm also lacking in confidence and I sometimes perform poorly under pressure, but whatever it takes to overcome my weaknesses and get stronger, to achieve my dreams, I'll do it!" she shouted in her nervous state, whimpering in pain as the excitement caused her wound to start throbbing.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

A Pair of Misfits

Post by Willoria » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:03 pm

Asami watched Asuna carefully, not like a student at study but rather like a great beast watching its prey. She heard the girl's first statement and grinned wickedly as she waited to see what else the young woman would say. To say she was happy was an understatement, and yet still she lifted her sword and held it out, letting the tip rest just under the girl's chin. She knew one more strike might be all it took to take all the girl had left. She watched Asuna carefully but she was extraordinarily careful not to cut her. Even if Asuna moved to try and cut herself again, Asami would compensate the move with one of her own to keep the blade from touching her before finally wiping it clean on her trousers and sheathing it with an audible snap. "Good." Asami stepped closer and rest a gentle hand under her chin instead. "Then I will accept you too as my Dagger, to mentor in my position as a member of the Seven Swordsmen." she told her. "My other Dagger is Kazuki Ryu, son of two former Overseers... I look forward to seeing you two train together, and pitting you two against one another as rivals... oh this will be delicious indeed." She suddenly leaned forward and kissed the girl on the forehead and turned away, making her way back to the path and the treeline.

"NO!" Tora screamed as if in desperation as he launched himself at Asami and drew the weapon he carried on his hip. Yet he was easily intercepted. The woman didn't even draw her weapon, slapping his sword out of his hands with a bare hand of her own and snatching him up by the neck as she glared down at him. He gasped in shock, his hands on her wrist as he kicked at her. "You can't do this!" he screamed as he kicked and struggled against her grip. "Her rival helped kill my mother! He'll kill her too!"

Asami tossed him with hardly any effort before picking up his sword from the ground and stared at him as he gasped for air, coughing as he tried to breathe again. "I keep telling you that you have no understanding of what really happened that night, Tora." she told him darkly, shaking her head. "Your mother has repeatedly sold her children into prostitution and death, she tried to sell you to save her own skin. She didn't love you. I understand the pain is too raw for you to see or understand that yet. But what happened that night saved you, and some day you'll understand that." She shoved his katana into the dirt to stand upright as she turned once more to disappear into the trees, leaving both Asuna and Tora behind.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”