The challenge. (Yuu and Cho)

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:13 am

The Heart Empire. It was an Empire created by Samurai and for Samurai, or at the very least that was the impression the wandering warrior was operating under. In truth, she supposed it really did not care whether or not it was true; The Heart Empire was home to many Samurai regardless of whom it had been created for. It was these Samurai that Yamamoto, in her endless seeking of new strength, desired to meet…and to test herself against or train either. Both were perfectly in line with her wants; after all, it was a poor excuse for a warrior who failed to learn from each and every single conflict they engaged in.

With her head covered underneath that white hood of her’s, the young samurai walked into the confines of Xincha, crossing beneath that mighty gate which marked the entrance to the city proper. She pulled her hood down, grey and black hair revealed to the world, the odd combination of colour and pattern one of few things her parents bequeathed her; before their tragic and untimely departure from the mortal coil anyway. Green eyes scanned the street before her, taking in the details and sights before eventually settling upon a lone Samurai guard.

With confident steps, fluid movements that bypass the crowds and controlled posture Yamamoto approached the guard, standing before them, smiling up at the guard in that characteristically disconnected manner of her’s.

Hey. Where’s your Samurai academy?” It was a daring and rather crazy idea Yamamoto had inside her head: she was going to fight. The students, the instructors, anyone at the academy who looked like she could learn something from a conflict with them. Rude perhaps but in truth, why would she care?.....In fact, maybe she should challenge this guard first. The very idea of that gripped Yamamoto with such ferocity that she could not but help but rattle her sword, her smile starting to grow rather unhinged.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:14 pm

Cho walked the market with a small basket slid easily over her forearm. She had a few chosen vegetables and fruits already set within it and purchased. She paused by another stand to pick out a choice protein, her mind going over ideas on what she might cook for herself and Osamu that night for dinner. She was overjoyed to see shrimp was an option and quickly exchanged the appropriate amount of currency. Happily she accepted the wrapped parcel in return which also went into her basket before she continued her walking. Into her free hand went her staff once more. Her light green eyes moved to scan the crowds, idly observing those around her before they came to light upon a stranger speaking to a guard not far away.

The woman's body language both intrigued and perplexed her. Due to the hood she couldn't see her face just yet but she had a sudden sense of something as she looked at her. She paused not far away and leaned against a wall, resting her staff against her own shoulder so that her hand might slip into a pouch at her hip and fumble among her stones for a moment before withdrawing a single rune. She stared at the stone for a moment, tilting her head as she found herself staring at the 'Gebo', a symbol for 'Divine Interaction', before slipping it away again and turning her head to look at the woman with a light smile. "Now what surprise do the gods have in store today?" she whispered to no one in particular.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:44 pm

Yuu meanwhile had been sent out to the market district by Nozomi, the woman having decided it was time to give her some more responsibilities and so had sent her out grocery shopping as her very first errand. The young woman had a basket slung over her arm filled with various fruits, meats, and veggies as she walked through the market, carefully looking over the list she held in hand. She really didn't totally understand what she was doing but Nozomi had trusted her and she was determined to see it through to the best of her ability.

She had just finished checking off yet another item on her list when she raised her head, her eyes lighting up as she spotted a familiar friend not far off leaning against a wall. She was about to run off when suddenly she paused, tilting her head as she recalled the exact instructions she had been given. She had been asked to be back before dark but otherwise Nozomi had told her to take her time and have fun.

That in mind she took a quick peek up at the sky, taking note of the sun's current positioning. It seemed like there was still plenty of time before dark so it should be okay...

She tucked the list inside her basket and happily ran over towards Cho, lightly tugging on her clothes to get her attention. As she did she couldn't help but notice Cho seemed to be looking over towards something. "Cho, what are you looking at?" she asked, turning in the direction the woman was looking towards, head tilting at the sight. There was an unfamiliar woman with strange hair talking with a guard, or at least she could only assume it was a guard. "Who is that? What are they doing?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:09 pm

The…Academy? Who are you to ask?” Suspicion rankled at the guard, his gaze beneath the helmet tightening into a squint. Who was this hooded stranger? To have simply marched into the city and asking questions of the academy? Those weapons she sported, and the comfortable ease with which she seemed to carry their weight, implied a certain level of danger about her. Paranoia it may be but the samurai, a guard of the city, was supposed to be paranoid. To watch, to observe, to keep track of threats and to act preemptively if needed. Hopefully he would not need to. There was no denial that experienced fighters could be cultivated into something of value for the Heart Empire.

Me…? I’m simply a travelling warrior…hmmm how about a wager. You are a samurai of no small skill I trust?” Yamamoto’s grin widened, growing cocky and almost arrogant as a devilish idea only grew ever more firm in her mind. She would challenge this samurai and even now, the wandering swordsman was even rattling the weapon at her waist. It was an offensive and insulting act, designed to incite the temperment of the choleric and rouse them to foolishness. If your opponent was of choleric temperament, seek to irritate them and what was more irritating to a prideful and confident samurai of Heart than some roving vagabond challenging them as an equal?

And your wager is stranger?...

A battle. Yourself vs myself. First to draw blood wins. I win and you tell me everything I wish to know regarding the academy’s location…and if you win….hmmm….then I simply suppose I will be subjected to the justice you deem fit?” Not the most enticing deal perhaps but what else did she have to offer? Money was not exactly something she had in abundance, and she doubted that it’d appeal to the samurai guard anyway, so what other hand could she play?

Impudent stranger, just what are you playing at? Cease rattling your blade and be grateful I do not arrest you here and now.” The guard’s voice turned harsh and sharp, a threatening tone dominating what before had simply been irritated.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:50 am

Cho tilted her head. At first she didn't notice her friend come up to her, at least not until she spoke. She glanced at Yuu but her eyes quickly returned to the stranger and Cho kept the odd smile on her face. "I'm not sure who she is." she remarked, head still slightly tilted in curiosity. "But I do believe Fate may be at play." She flashed a smile at Yuu before quickly walking over to where Yamamoto seemed to be arguing with the guard. "There you are, my dear!" Cho proclaimed as if she were greeting an old friend and not a stranger. "I'm sorry to leave you so bored, my errands are done now, come on! I'll cook us something wonderful!" she continued, flashing an apologetic smile at the guard before attempting to loop one arm in with one of Yamamoto's to encourage her to come with Cho.

Under her breath she whispered to the other woman. "Come now, the Divines call and Fate deems we dine and answer in kind."

If Yamamoto would follow Cho's lead and go with her, Cho would simply start leading her through the market and down the path that would lead towards her home. The young woman smiling the entire way and the beads in her hair clinking quietly as she moved.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:48 pm

Yuu tilted her head, visibly confused as she quickly ran after Cho in a desperate attempt to not be left behind. What on earth was going on here? What was this Fate thing? Why was Cho acting so strange...?

Speaking of which... "Cho, please wait for meee!" she pleaded as she followed behind, an unusual amount of emotion in her tone. Eventually she caught up, question marks practically floating over her head as she watched Cho acting so friendly with Yamamoto. Was this what they called flirting? She remembered seeing Nozomi act similarly with her friend Chiyo one time when they had thought they were alone. So did that mean Cho liked this woman romantically? She had said she didn't know who the woman was so it must have been that love at first sight thing she had heard about.

Honestly she was just full of questions even as she bowed to the guard and silently turned to walk along with Cho and Yamamoto. Sure she hadn't actually been invited along but surely they wouldn't mind having her along.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:14 am

Yamamoto’s body tensed as an arm was looped around one of her’s. Her face, still sporting that detached and disconnected smile, turned to look towards Cho, tilting her head to the side as she did so. Odd. At first, the wandering warrior considered pushing away from this very strange stranger but then, Cho mentioned the Divines and Fate. Ahhh was that how this was? Was it a message from Bishamonten? Yamamoto ceased rattling her blade, allowing herself to be brought along, still idly smiling that disconnected and detached expression of her’s. She seemed utterly away with the fairies, not even registering the strangeness of the situation.

...Fine. Keep your friend out of trouble next time.” The guard gave one final curt warning, scowling at the retreating group of people, still rather annoyed with how blatantly rude that armed woman had been. Was she really just somebody that grew that bored easily? The guard could definitely understand the appeal of wishing to fight to satisfy oneself but to challenge a guard to such a thing? That was just asking for trouble. He half-considered tailing the group to see if there was something greater afoot but decided against it.

If this is the will of Bishamonten then I will simply follow.” And follow was exactly what the warrior did. Through the streets, the market and yet more streets until she finally came upon a house. Was this her new associate’s house? And then there was that third person, the purple haired one who had chased after them. Curious…

Do you know where the academy is?” Yamamoto asked the question on her mind, to both of the women that had whisked her away from that guard, wondering if they would be more forthcoming with the information she desired. However, a sudden growl in her stomach did reveal that she was actually in the mood for a meal. Ah….she had not eaten since morning had she? And even then, her breakfast had mostly consisted of travel rations and other such things she’d foraged from the wilds.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 pm

Leading the armed woman through the streets, Cho chuckled at the comment about 'Bishamonten' and simply kept on. "I do not always know the names of the Fates and the Divines that push me along and guide my hand but if that is the name that you hear and that calls you then perhaps." she said oddly. She kept her arm looped with Yamamoto's and giggled quietly as they walked along. "There are so many odd beings and fates intertwined in this world it is hard to know of them all, only one has ever given me a name. He was of the Yokai and he told me of the god who made and comprised him... I still hope to see him again one day." She seemed to be rambling now, giggling in her own amusement as they walked along until their path soon brought them to a more residential area and to her home. It was a simple house just like the others, except for the fact that the door of her home was painted purple and had a wreath of sticks and twigs upon it.

Finally releasing Yamamoto's arm, Cho unlocked the door and led the way inside, motioning for both of her guests to enter. The living room was full of rugs and furs across the floor, and of course Cho motioned to a mat nearby where she placed her own shoes to give example of what she was silently asking. She wanted the others to follow suit and remove their shoes as well before stepping into the living space. The room had a couple of couches against the walls to form a corner and a low table between them. Cho quickly claimed a floor seat at the low table and seemed to encourage the other two to take a spot at the couches if they so wished. The room was fairly dark but soon brightly lit by candles once the door was closed, their light had been diminished by the natural light shining in the door but made more obvious once it was closed.

The room itself smelled heavily like incense and flowers, favorites of Cho herself as she turned and caught not just the woman's question but the growl of her stomach and she giggled. "Perhaps a question to be answered later." she remarked, her eyes sparkling as if with mischief. "Let me be a good host first." Cho would leave the room briefly but return with a couple of trays of food. Though she had been out buying groceries she seemed to already have something prepared in her kitchen. She returned with a few rice balls and buns, all with varied fillings that she set out for her guests, as well as a couple of pots of tea for them to choose from, before sitting down again.

"I am Atsushi Cho, the Witch of these Wilds." Cho introduced herself cheerfully, her eyes still focused on Yamamoto. "I'm curious... what brings you to the Heart Empire?"

Return to “Tea Country”