I'm gonna need that scroll

Land of Iron

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:48 am

“It’s not like you to let someone go when they are at your mercy, Hibana.”

Airon and his partner Hibana had just made an escape from a band of hunter-nin. "Because you seemed to be so interested in him. To the point where he almost decapitated you." Airon smiled. "He's strong I'll give him that. I won’t underestimate him again. What's our next location?" "He wants us to infiltrate and steal an important scroll of some sort from a secret facility." Airon sighed at the thought. "Sounds boring. Will there be heavy security?" "Yes, I’m assuming so." "Well then, that' sounds more like it." Airon could feel the excitement rumble around inside of his stomach. "Curious." Airon looked over at Hibana as they continued to leap from tree to tree. "Hm?"

"How long did we stay in hiding after you went rogue from Suna?"
Airon gave a sober look as he turned his head away and looked down. "A long time.... being constantly hunted down. I didn’t want to draw attention to my brother and sister either…" "Repressed and hunted down. Such a sad way to live because of me." "Eh, those days are done, as you know, I made it official to never go into hiding again." “Me either, as long as we have each other’s back, what’s the point in hiding anymore?”

Airon looked at Hibana: "I see. Guess there's no refuge for people like us." "I don't know, some of us just aren't as fortunate as others. So, we do what we can to survive. But enough of that, our location is right up ahead." The two would touch down behind a group of trees and look on ahead at the facility, which was indeed, tightly secure with a bunch of men dressed in big metal suits of armor. "Hm, they look like samurai." “Yeah, definitely Samurai, I know that attire anywhere.” "Wonder what they are doing here?” "Makes no difference, go in, kill, get the scroll, make a run for it." "You make everything sound easy, Airon." Airon smirked as he took a couple steps back from the tree he was hiding behind. Airon surveyed the facility for a moment before placing a small seal on himself.

The seal when bled upon would reveal evil or murderous intent within a 20-meter radius. Airon cut his hand and rubbed his hand across the seal. Hibana stood by and watched the man go to work. Airon quickly found a drainage pipe and slipped inside a back entrance, as he moved through the facility his seal began to glow a bright red, that means he was close. As he turned a corner he saw a guard examining his sword, oblivious to the shinobi stalking him. In a swift movement, Airon unsheathed one of his swords attached to "Alheri" and made a clean horizontal slice where the man’s head was and in a split second his head was no longer attached to his shoulders.
Current Characters
Reizoko AironSunagakure S-Rank Missing-nin ’The Drifter’#800000

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:48 pm

Jutsu TrainingShow
Fuuton • Wind Skating
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the needed hand seals, the user is able to glide on air as if they were skating on ice. This allows them to move faster (+3 speed) but lowers their ability to translate force (-3 Strength). This doesn't allow them to fly, but rather to travel over things like land, water, and ice with greater ease. The user is only held several inches off of the ground. This Jutsu does not expire until the user’s chakra supply runs out or the user shuts it off. The fuuton passive is not applied in this technique.

1400-1650=400 minimum.
The other guards look over and saw what had happened. "Sound the alarms!" One of them yelled. The alarms would begin to blare, much to Hibanas un-liking. "Always overdoing it, Airon. I know no blood lust that's as unquenchable as yours when you lose yourself…" The guards began to search the area for Airon who had quickly moved into the shadows. "What exactly was it?!" "I'm not sure, it was all a blur, whatever it was, was moving too fast!" Airon heard this and chuckled to himself some more. Nothing excited him more that playing cat and mouse while keeping his enemy guessing.

His sword would lash out from another impossible angle once more and impale a guard through the back. Airon would lift him into the air and fling him off his weapon, causing the guard to collide with two others. He then slinked back into the darkness of another corridor "Over there!" A guard pointed as they all ran over to where Airon supposedly was. "We need someone to snuff him out!" ]"I'm on it!" One of the guards who was dressed differently from the others called out as he performed some hand seals and placed both hands onto the ground. The hallway where Airon was began to collapse and quake. Hibana had already moved a bit closer to the facility and could feel the earthquake being produced from the technique. "So, they have a shinobi with some skill, I see. What will you do now Airon?"

Airon could feel everything around him shaking as the pressure rose. "Hm." He quickly body flickered himself towards the source of the jutsu and smashed his head into the nose of the guard, forcing him to fly back. Airon flipped while in the air and landed on top of the guard. "Who the hell is that!" A second sword would be unsheathed in Airon's right palm as he swung it to the side, slicing the guard's throat. He smiled as he turned around and looked at the other guards. "After him, don't let him enter the facility!"

Airon walked towards the guards with a single sword drawn. The first guard that attacked with a katana swung and missed as Airon side stepped and threw up his knee, severely denting the man’s armor. "Who is this guy? How is he so strong?!" "You guys give yourselves too much credit. This is me being gentle." Airon boasted with a devilish smile behind his mask. The rest of the guards rushed in.

He ducked under an attack from another katana and would leap up with a series of twists and turns, slashing up the guard who was too close at the time. He would kick out his foot and land on a guard’s face, before kicking off and flipping away from him. He would land on the ground while slashing downwards, slicing right through a man’s face. He squatted down and would take off running towards the guards. ‘Time to try that technique I’ve been practicing…’ Airon weaved several hand seals and then focused wind style chakra into his feet before pushing off the ground and practically gliding across the ground. The extra speed boost allowed him to quickly close the distance between him and the next set of guards, in an extra flashy way of course…
[553 words count]
Learning JutsuShow

*Fuuton • Enhanced Launch
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After doing the needed hand seals, the user gathers wind around their feet. Then, the user will use the wind to blast them from the ground, enabling them to leap into the air an extra 10 meters at [Control] speed. The Fuuton passive is not applied in this technique.

1400-1650=400 minimum.
He would turn his body while ducking under another attack and kicking out his foot, tripping one of the guards. Airon would then perform another acrobatic jump and kick another one of the guard's katanas out of his hands before stabbing him through the chest with his own sword. The guard that he tripped would try to get back up, only to be slashed across the face before getting a chance to retaliate. Hibana watched on: "There he goes again. This is taking too much time." Hibana body flickered from her spot.

Airon side stepped out of the way of another katana strike and would counter-attack by spinning and lowering his stance before stabbing his sword into the guard's stomach. His eyes wandered only slightly as he continued to allow guards to rush at him. He had managed to take out a good deal of them, but there were plenty left. "He's like a one-man army, he's too strong." Some of the guards spoke out. "Just what the hell is he anyways?!"

Airon remained in his lowered battling stance. He smiled to himself and thought, 'hell why not try this next technique out as well', as he body flickered forward, weaved several handsigns and again focused chakra into his feet before leaping into the air. The room they were in was very tall, and he would use that to his advantage, jumping 10 meters into the air gaining positioning over the guards. While in the air he quickly unsheathed his other sword and sent the blade into the throat of a nearby guard and kicked himself away, spraying blood everywhere as he soared in the air, landing on the next opponent and slashing him up. Suddenly, Airon noticed that the guards all began to walk around in circles as if they were confused. Airon gave a curious look. "That's enough Airon, there's too many."

Airon looked behind him and saw Hibana standing there. "I may be the Taijutsu user, but your the one who can sneak up on people without them even sensing it." He joked as he sheathed his weapons. "Is it over? I was just starting to feel good about myself." "Let's go, this jutsu will only last for so long, I'm using it on too many people at once. We brought on enough attention to ourselves as it is. With all the blood that you shed, you'll definitely be hunted after from now on." Airon's eyes lit up in a starstruck fashion: "You think so? Finally, my fifteen minutes of fame." He laughed out loud as they entered the facility through the front door.
[437 words count]

They were immediately greeted with a rude: "Hey! authorized personal only! What in the hell do you think your-" The scientist's sentence would be cut short as Airon grabbed him by the mouth and held him to the side against the wall with relative ease. He smiled again as Hibana spoke up. "The Emperor's Scroll, where is it?" The other personnel looked at each other and remained silent. "Have it your way." The sword was unsheathed yet again and it would slowly begin to inch its way towards the scientist's throat. The scientist that was in Airon's grip began to sweat, panic and whimper as he stared death in the face. He closed his eyes tightly and began to cry. "No! don't hurt him!" One of the female scientists spoke up.

She walked over to a desk and took out a key from her lab jacket. She would open a filing cabinet that was cleverly hidden within the desk and pull out a box. She would then walk over to Hibana and hand the box to her. "Open it." She demanded. She paused for a second and would open the box, revealing a scroll. Hibana slowly took the scroll and pocketed it. Airon looked over at the scientist he was holding and lowered his sword. The scientist stopped panicking but was still thrown on the ground by Airon. They would exit the facility and walked past the hypnotized guards. "Should I kill them?" Airon asked. Hibana thought to herself for a minute. "No, let them live." Airon crossed his arms. "You never let me have any fun, you know?" Airon complained. "Let's just get this scroll back to the old man.” The two would zip out of sight, mission accomplished.
Current Characters

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:59 pm

Iron Country was well insulated from most of the outside world because of it's geographical location. Nestled into a crook of Earth Country, with Pebble to the south, it was defended not only by their literaly forces, but by the landscape as well which was less than forgiving. Sanrou was isolated for quite a distance, so it was hard to really catch off guard. So Shio was surprised when a guard opened the doors to the room he was in, informing him that a lab in the south of Sanrou had initiated an alarm.

The Taishou pushed himself slowly to his feet, wondering what could possibly be going on that an actual defense was needing to be mounted. Grabbing the cap that would designate him as the Taishou, Shio made his way out of the room, moving purposefully, but clearly not as fast as he could be. It seemed he was more perplexed and curious than actually concerned. He would navigate the halls of Sanrou, finally coming to an opening to the exterior, and the nod to the guards that were following him, launching himself out the side of the mountain and into the blistering snow. As the boy descended through the air, he'd situate the cap on his head and pull his gloves onto his hands. He'd land on the ground with a loud bang, trees bellowing and bending away from him. He'd turn to look towards where he could hear the alarm coming from, and begin walking through the light layer of powdered snow rather slowly.

Most of the labs in this area lead directly to the outside of Sanrou, and were accessible from the inside. As many of the villagers of Sanrou would rarely find themselves outside the village except on sanctioned and guarded roads out of the country, small labs like this were effectively hidden, which made them better for more covert and secret assignments.

The fourteen year old boy would continuing walking, until he saw the two darting from the lab, at which point he would launch himself into the air, landing with a heavy thud once more about 15 meters in front of them, crossing his arms and looking at them both, "Save us both time and just hand over whatever you've taken.", he'd say with a frown. His green eyes would lock onto the girl, immediately curious about her appearance. Was that an Aisu?
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 pm

As Airon & Hibana were running away from the facility, Airon had this icy cold feeling that shot down his spine as he remembered Hibana's words of warning. "We brought on enough attention to ourselves as it is. With all the blood that you shed, you'll definitely be hunted after from now on." Those words echoed through his head and just as he began to regret going overboard earlier, a figure landed about 15 meters in front of them. "Save us both time and just hand over whatever you've taken." "Sorry, can't do that kid. We've got a mission involving this scroll. Now, why don't you get out of here. I don't like hurting kids." At first glance it was just some kid...But then Airon remembered Sunagakure's bingo book, well known to any Jounin worth their salt and with how often he spent undercover, it was a book he studied backwards and forwards. As he examined the boy his eyes went from curious to horrified. "Hibana, this isn't an ordinary kid. Green eyes, blackish grey hair and those glasses...." He looked the kid up and down. There was no mistaking it. "Yeah, I think this is Shio Mistaki. S-Rank genjutsu user. This kid is bad news, he's 14 and the leader of this entire fucking country. Can't say I expected us to run across him. Last I heard, he was in Wind Country. Hibana's eyes widened as she took a step back. "Wait, S-Rank, isn't that run on sight? Why are we still standing here?"

Airon began to pray under his breath before biting his left hand, and then using his other hand would smear blood on three of his fingers. Then he placed a three fingered seal on his own chest. While Airon was doing this he would say,"We're still standing here because at his level, we wouldn't be able to just run away. Not without incapacitating him or creating a major distraction...the latter of which is unlikely." Airon stared at the ground... "Shio, right? I'm going to have to decline on returning this scroll. Our employer needs this, and I'd rather not have him kill me for failing to deliver." Airon took in a deep breath before entering into his Winter Maelstrom stance, drawing both of swords from Alheri. One sword forward, parallel to the ground, the other over his head pointed directly at Shio. Before Airon finished his sentenced Hibana already began forming handseals as the temperature around them began to drop. Far colder than it already was, fortunately for Airon his training in Shinden & his breathing technique would allow him to shrug off the pain and numbness from the changing air temperature, moving just as fast as normal. Shio, however who was only 15 meter's away, would certainly feel the effects of the jutsu. Airon would use the temperature change as a distraction to try and close the distance with his speed and feel Shio out. He would take his left sword and attempt to send a slash at his opponent's head, then mid slash would twist his wrist switching to a reverse grip, attempting to slash towards his mid-section from the right side.
AironShow

[Jashin Rite • Dark Talent Potential]
C-Rank Jashin Rite
Designed to unlock the dark potential within a person, or at least the dark potential their body can recognize at the moment. The user prays and places this seal using their own blood on each finger. This seal appears as three claw marks across the impact point, and similarly is applied using only the three fingers covered in blood. This seal grants the one affected +6 to the strength stat. This technique lasts for three posts.

*[Zantou • Winter Maelstrom]
A-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Winter Blizzard].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. Drawing in a deep breath, the practitioner also gathers up their energy and releases a kiai. The level of skill the practitioner has attained allows the practitioner to effectively attack and block from a neutral stance without any detriment. While in this Stance, the practitioner can effortlessly ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore extreme heat, extreme cold, moderate oxygen deprivation, extreme fatigue, and even extreme pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning very accurately in this stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, the timing, and the speed of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if they have a movement-concealing Stealth technique of equal or higher rank than this technique. While in this Stance, the practitioner is conferred with a +4 increase to Strength and Will Power but suffers a -4 penalty to Chakra Pool and Control. The practitioner may end this Stance whenever they so wish.

[Zantou • Ambidexterity]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
After practicing for a long amount of time with the concept of using both of their hands with equal skill, the user has developed a level of ambidexterity that allows them to utilize both hands equally and as effectively without any penalty. This extends to other methods of combat or simple everyday life as well.

[Zantou • Winter River Flows]
The physical training and mental focus encouraged by Zantou allows for the practitioner to adapt quickly and take advantage of opportunities to attack when they present themselves in combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to alter the direction of their blade mid-cut. This can be used to work around a block, or simply to act as a powerful feint and strike all in the same motion without stopping. This Discipline can make a Zantou practitioner’s movements difficult to predict in a fight.

[Zantou • Shifting Winds]
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Ambidexterity].
Complete control of the weapons one is wielding is a necessity to ensure a practitioner of Zantou is proficient in the style. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to switch either one of their swords (or both, if they wish) from standard grip to reverse grip reflexively, the movements to do so firmly trained into their muscle memory. This allows the Zantou practitioner to ensure that the cutting edges of their blades are always facing the opponent whenever they want them to be. This Discipline can make a Zantou practitioner’s movements difficult to predict in a fight.
HibanaShow
~Blizzard
B-rank Ninjutsu
The user can do a series of hand seals, take a deep breath in, and then slowly exhale. Over the course of the next post, the temperature within a 40meter radius of the user will rapidly drop to -30 degrees celsius. Able to freeze medium sized body of water, and even small bodies of water in motion, this technique can make opponents incredibly uncomfortable in combat. Those within range, and even the user if exposed for too long, will find that their bodies will begin to cramp up and slow down.
Current Characters

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:01 am

The pair had a brief back and forth, and Shio would cock his head to the side as they interacted, "Indeed, I am the Taishou of Iron Country.", he would nod affirming what they were saying. Were they really so surprised to see him when they had just attacked his village - and effectively his country? They seemed to come to the mutual conclusion to fight him, however, and Shio frowned at the notion, "To be honest, you don't have to fight me. If you drop the scroll I'll let you go. As a leader I have a little more obligation to act.....mercifully.", he said with a slight pause, trying to decide if that was really the right word to use. Honestly, it was unlikely the samurai of Iron would think anything of Shio other than his continued leadership if he did kill this pair.

They would begin to respond though, and Shio would shake his head, channeling chakra and focusing his attention on the larger male in front of him that seemed to be intending on meeting him in combat. If that was going to be how it went then so be it.

He would move forward as the snow and wind picked up around them, and Shio would release a charge of chakra, "You know...", his voice would ring through the air and immediately the man would be captured in the genjutsu. He'd feel a sudden force of [50 Strength] sweep against his feet, aiming to halt his approach. Shio would pull out a kunai, channeling once more as he continued to speak, "Between myself and whoever is paying you, I'm almost certain I'm more dangerous.", he'd release the chakra again, another genjutsu. Airon would feel the force of [50 Strength] striking his head, ringing him as Shio took a few steps backward, "So maybe you should entertain talking to me before attacking...", he posited to them.

The girl was indeed an Aisu, which was even more interesting to him. She was of great value anywhere in the world. Perhaps these two didn't need to be enemies.
SpoilerShow
Sweep
C-rank Illusion of Force
Shio will do a series of hand seals, then speak out loud, focusing on a single individual around him. If that person hears him, they’ll suddenly feel a strike of [Will Power] strength sweeping both of their feet, aiming to trip up anyone who isn’t strong enough to resist it. The genjutsu and the aftereffects of it end after 2 posts.

Skull Crusher
C-rank Illusion of Force
Shio will do a series of hand seals, then speak out loud, focusing on a single individual around him. If that person hears him, they’ll suddenly feel a strike of [Will Power] strength rocking at the crown of their head as if coming from the back. The genjutsu and the aftereffects of it end after 2 posts.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:25 pm

As Airon was rushing forward and attempted his attack, he noticed Shio's mouth moving. However, between the noise of the blizzard, and his ability in his Winter Maelstrom stance to ignore non-critical distractions such as the words his opponent was saying, he wasn't affected by the first genjutsu Shio would use. So he maintained his momentum and continued his attack and right before his sword would make contact he realized, now that he was closer, it was a bit easier to hear Shio. "Between myself and whoever is paying you, I'm almost certain I'm more dangerous.", 'Yeah, I'm sure you---', before Airon could complete his thought it felt like a freight train had smashed him in the back of his head, sending him lurching forward. Luckily for Airon, his Zantou stance as well as the seal he placed on himself earlier made him much more capable of dealing with strong attacks like this than before. If he hadn't done it, this surely would of knocked him out from the force alone.

The force of the attack stopped his own, but being an expert taijutsu user & Shinden practitioner, he was able to shrug off any pain associated with Shio's "attack" and used the momentum from falling forward to quickly transition into a front handspring, reversing the grip on his swords again to use the hilts to propel him at Shio, feet first. Even though Shio had taken a few steps back, their differences in speed, his discipline in Frost Dragon Flight and at this close of range Airon would most likely make contact. Assuming Airon would make contact, he'd push off of Shio's chest where his legs were directed, and jump back about 5 meters. 'What the hell was that attack anyway' In his Zantou stance, every single movement from his opponent was carefully observed. Shio weaved no handsigns nor threw punches. It definitely wasn't some incredibly fast taijutsu. Remembering that Shio was a Genjutsu user, hit Airon almost as hard as whatever smacked him in the back of the head. But without Shio weaving any signs, that means he triggered a genjutsu some sort of other way. Airon shook the thought away and yelled, "what is there to talk about Shio? You want the scroll, I can't give you the scroll." As Airon uttered each word, steam would emit from the difference in temperature between him and the air around him. Surely, Shio would be feeling it at this point.

AironShow
[Shinden • Titan's Resilience]
A Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): *[Shinden • Alligator Skin].
Understanding that victory often requires momentary sacrifices and the strongest of wills, the practitioner has learned how to ignore all types of pain. This Discipline represents the practitioner's immunity to any staggering or interruption of their movements, defenses, attacks, or techniques that would normally be caused by pain, however severe. This does not offer any protection against the actual damage caused by attacks that successfully land on the practitioner, only their ability to immediately push through the pain through force of will and carry out their own attacks and counterattacks.

*[Zantou • Frost Dragon's Flight]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Winter Maelstrom].
The practitioner has learned to strike and defend with movements that shift suddenly and ferociously. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of movement and muscle control, to the point that their movements, attacks, and techniques have no telegraphing signs until they are already in motion. This makes it much more difficult for opponents to properly react to the practitioner's actions in combat. Opponents must have a sight-based or sound-based Perception technique of equal or higher rank than this technique to adequately read the practitioner's movements, attacks, and techniques.
Current Characters

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:46 pm

He'd leave little time, beginning to channel another technique almost immediately. He was mildly surprised at how strong the man appeared to be, the fact that he had been able to take the strike and not be completely dizzied by it was impressive. He figured, with the large weapon he was holding, that this fellow was likely a practiced swordsman - there were plenty of samurai within Sanrou that trained in increasing their own resilience, it wouldn't be surprising for this man to have done the same.

He would spring forward and send both feet at Shio's chest with an impressive speed. The boy would have little time to defend beyond placing both arms in the way, taking the brunt of the strike into his forearms. However, Airon would likely be surprised to find Shio not even so much as flinch in response, forcing his arms against the strike as Airon propelled himself off Shio's body. His eyes thinned as he finished channeling, releasing another genjutsu and then quickly clapping his hands together, using all his force to both hands to make a thunderous clap that would reverberate through the forest, sending both his opponents into another genjutsu. He'd close his eyes for a moment, letting out a deep breath in this space. Regardless of what techniques this man had, it was unlikely he'd have the fortitude to be able to attack in this moment. The cold was starting to irritate his skin, the Taishou wasn't exactly dressed in winter garb. His normal thin shinobi pants and shirt offering little protection from the elements. He'd shake his shoulders for a moment, pulling out two kunai and sliding them against each other as his eyes turned and locked onto the Aisu.

"My title is Taishou.", he said rather forcefully, annoyed that his opponent was so casually referring to him by his name. Still focused on Hibana, he would continue to talk to Airon "And whats to talk about is that you're unlikely to be able to return to your employer at all if you attempt to hold onto that scroll, so one way or another, what he might do to you is irrelevent", an astute observation. "I, on the other hand, have a vested interest in skilled shinobi.", to be honest it was a bit unlike Shio to entertain things like this. But his recent trips in Sunagakure had left him...concerned about his exposure.

SpoilerShow
[Immovable Force]
C-rank Taijutsu Discipline
[Rigid Structure]
While rather simple in execution, Shio is able to remain in place regardless of what force is exerted against him. His ability to stand firm, combined with his immense strength means that any force acting upon him is treated as if it has -3 strength, and must be greater than his own to be able to cause him to move against his will. This means faced against even the strongest of winds, blasts, explosions, and recoil, Shio is able to remain in place. Techniques meant to disorient will nullify this effect.

[Doubt]
A-rank Status Genjutsu
Shio will do a series of hand seals, then clap his hands, initiating the genjutsu in anyone who hears the clap. Anyone caught in this genjutsu will begin to seriously doubt anything they do. Even those with high resolve will find themselves questioning their decisions, often double, triple or even quadruple thinking before doing anything. The genjutsu causes even something as simple as taking a step to tumble into the various and many consequences this could have and how it might play out. While under this genjutsu, making decisions becomes much harder, and fighting seamlessly will often feel impossible for most who are incapable of being confident they're deciding what is the best move. This genjutsu lasts for 5 posts.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:19 am

Airon would listen to the Taishou talk. But something gnawed at the back of his mind as he listened...a sort of fear...no maybe doubt. Doubt at the words spoken to him, doubt that the man would let him live, doubt in himself. So too was the doubt eating away at Hibana who thought of perhaps undoing the jutsu. 'Maybe Airon, can't handle the cold. I don't want to hurt him.' She shivered, unsure that she herself could handle the cold. Maybe she would be better off running away. No, fighting is the right choice here. Or maybe running? She decided to run away and hide, that would be her best course of action. She attempted to sprint away, but every muscle in her body fought her every step she took. Almost as if for every 2 steps she took forward, she would move back 1 step. After a few moments she finally made her way to the treeline and attempted to weave together handseals. But every time she attempted to do this, she would doubt the order of each hand sign. For now she'd have to wait.

Meanwhile, Airon wasn't fairing much better. As he listened to Shio, he realized that he doubted everything the boy said. He was growing more and more doubtful, more and more paranoid. Even though every bone in his body said to fight, to not trust this man, he just couldn't move a muscle. The longer he was stuck in this state the more apparent it became to him that he was stuck in a genjutsu. But maybe, it wasn't a genjutsu...maybe the boy was so strong his body was only reacting out of fear. After debating this over and over again he came to the maybe possible conclusion that it was genjutsu. Unfortunately, defending against genjutsu was never his strong suit. So he stood there, forced to listen to the boy. After a long pause he managed to get one question out, his thoughts fighting his mouth fighting his tongue. "Vested interest...in skilled shinobi?" He palmed a seal tag in his hand but that was all he would have the confidence to do in a situation like this, after all, what if he dropped it?
Current Characters

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:07 pm

Shio would grit his teeth, the cold wind chlling him down to his bone. Even though he'd been in Iron for quite some time at this point, he'd not quite adapted to the colder temperatures, and the presence of the Aisu girl certainly wasn't helping. He'd slide the kunai against each other once more, then point one at the girl, "End this technique, and let's discuss.", he offered. While his eyes were locked on her and this was her technique, his directions still seemed directed at Airon, seeming to assume that Airon was the one in charge.

"I have no interest in killing you. The people you've slain I'm less than pleased about but much like Kirigakure, Iron values strength above all else and you've proven your own.", he smirked for a moment, knowing the man was virtually paralyzed by the genjutsu, "To a degree at least. I have a reason to be interested in the presence of strong shinobi, samurai can do a lot. But still only so much. You've certainly proven capable.", he'd let a low growl, still fighting against the cold weather, "You can give me the scroll and be gone if you so choose. Or, you can die here? Or, we can have a conversation about your value, and revisit this once you've had time to mull it over.", he pulled a small token out of his pocket, "You come back to Iron, present this to a guard and you'll be granted audience with me. Safe and sound. Free of charge.", he'd toss the token through the air, landing at Airon's feet.

"So what do you think? Talk now? Talk later? Never again? Die?", the offer was pretty straightforward.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Wed May 04, 2022 10:56 pm

Airon nodded. He realized the predicament that he was currently in. He was up against an S-Rank shinobi that pretty much had he and his partner dead to rights. Shio's genjutsu was a complete pain in the ass, and Airon as strong as he was, just wasn't good enough at overcoming Genjutsu. 'I'm going to need to work on dealing with this sort of thing, as soon as possible.' He hesitated slightly, due to the genjutsu, but he looked in Hibana's direction and nodded to end the genjutsu. After some deliberation from the genjutsu, she would do just that.

"Okay, Taishou..." He began to reach for the scroll, "Tell me what you have in mind, let's talk." and tossed it over to Shio.
Current Characters

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue May 10, 2022 10:27 pm

Shio smirked at the pair before him seemed to mull over the options. Eventually, the temperature would begin to rise, which was a relief in spite of how strange it felt to be glad it was...less cold. It was still cold after all. When Airon asked what he had in mind, Shio simply shook his head, "Nothing official. It seems you are in a space where you're comfortable. At least to some degree. Im not interested in encroaching on your freedom.", he reached down a lifted the scroll, waving it for a moment and then tucking it into his belt. Performing a single seal, he'd end the genjutsu for both of them.

"I also like to procure information. And in some cases...land. Places. Resources. In the event I need the talent of a shinobi, I'd like to be able to call on you.", he shrugged. "Whats in it for you is that token. Which will give you safe passage to Iron Country and into Sanrou...and protect you from outside forces when you're in our land. Someone is in pursuit of you, come to Iron, and you'll be granted protection.", he gave a small smile. He had been a missing ninja at one point...accidentally albeit. Having somewhere safe to go to was valuable. Security was a commodity for a missing ninja, and Shio was offering it in exchange for Airon to simply abide by his word.

"Obviously I won't be able to allow theft or criminal activity on our land...", he gestured towards the scroll in his pocket, "But beyond our borders I have no preference or care. As far as I'm concerned, you're a hired hand that does whatever he pleases when I'm not paying for you.", it was a decent offer. Up to Airon and Hibana if they took it though.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Sat May 21, 2022 12:23 pm

Airon was thankful to finally not be under the effects of this Genjutsu. Out of all of the fight's he's been in, generally Genjutsu hasn't been an issue. Not only was it not something he came across often, generally he'd have killed his opponents or assassinated his targets long before being locked into a Genjutsu. He'd have to focus his training moving forward on being able to defend Genjutsu. Meanwhile, Hibana was also recovering from the effects of the Genjutsu and slowly made her way from the treeline to join Airon as he talked to this mysterious man.

"It's a tempting offer, one that I would be stupid to pass up so..." He trailed off and scratched his head before he began again. "So, I join you when I'm needed, and I can come and go as I please? Interesting...okay, I can deal with that." Airon shifted a bit uncomfortably, he never liked this part, which is why it didn't happen often. "One thing you should probably know though if we're going to be allies." He sighed before continuing, "I'm a Jashinist. For some people that's a problem, you know, the whole sacrificing thing. But if you're fine with that, then I look forward to working with you in the future." Airon held out a hand to greet Shio, formally.
Current Characters

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:02 pm

Airon seemed to be haggling with himself more than anything, weighing his options. When he finally agreed, or at least acknowledged he could deal with it, Shio smiled. His eyes landing back on Hibana. In Kirigakure, clan members were seen as highly valuable weapons. Especially the Aisu. His heritage seemed to creep up in him as he eyed her, thinking about how valuable of a tool she could become on the battle field. He'd linger for a moment before rolling his eyes and shrugging, "Whatever God you worship makes no difference to me., At least as long as he knows which God to follow when I give an order., he thought to himself.

Crossing his arms, he'd give a firm not then turn to begin walking away, "As I said, you're welcome here whenever you please. That token will give you safe passage. Don't worry about me finding you. If I need you for anything, word will reach you.", he smiled to himself saying this. The power of the Taishou was great. "Until then, stay alive. Both of you.", he gave a backwards wave and then leapt into the air, quickly vanishing.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold