Our stat system is based around the number 50. Fifty is the absolutely maximum of each stat, and serves as a reference counterpart to the absolute bottom, which is 1. You cannot have a stat valued at 0. Characters are distributed stats based on their rank, which gives them an average, assuming their stats were spread evenly across all ranks. There are 8 stats to distribute to, listed below:
- Ninjutsu: The ninjutsu stat determines the number of concentration slots you’re able to utilize for ninjutsu, and the rank of the jutsu you’re able to learn. Additionally, the ninjutsu stat determines how fast you’re able to perform your hand seals for your ninjutsu.
- Genjutsu: The genjutsu stat determines the number of concentration slots you’re able to utilize for genjutsu, and the rank of the jutsu you’re able to learn. Additionally, the genjutsu stat helps to determine your ability in breaking out of genjutsu. Genjutsu hand seal speed is static.
- Taijutsu: The taijutsu stat determines the number of concentration slots you’re able to utilize for taijutsu, and the rank of the jutsu you’re able to learn. Additionally, the taijutsu stat determines your ability in hand-to-hand combat without the use of specific techniques.
- Stamina: The stamina stat determines the overall amount of energy the body has to expend, combining spiritual and body energy. While physical and spiritual stamina work somewhat independently, they are connected, meaning that exhausting ones physical stamina will exhaust them spiritually, and vice versa. Larger stamina pools mean more energy to pull from, while smaller stamina pools mean a shinobi must be more conscientious of how they use chakra. As an extension of this, your stamina is often tied to your ability to survive exhaustion, and when tied with strength, your ability to survive injury.
- Control: The control stat determines the amount of energy you’re required to expend to do jutsu of varying ranks. High control allows the user to use less energy to make grander effects, while low control means that the user may never even be able to tap into all of their stamina. Additionally, the control stat determines how fast you’re able to channel ninjutsu. This does not effect the casting speed of channeled Genjutsu as all Genjutsu casting speeds are static.
- Strength: The strength stat determines the amount of Body energy the user is able to utilize. The strength stat pulls body energy directly from the character's physical stamina, rather than their chakra pools. An individual with high strength stat is able to dish out powerful hits using body energy, however, low stamina pools will be quickly eaten up by high strength stats, often making the individual fragile despite their strength, making the two stats a careful balance.
- Speed: The speed stat determines how quickly the individual is able to perform gross movements. This means running, jumping, punching, kicking, and so forth. Because speed is a physical stat, it is partially reliant on strength, and can never be more than double the strength stat.
- Instinct: The instinct stat determines your ability to string together information and comprehend complex concepts under pressure, less commonly called 'Combat Instinct'. Anybody can be a brilliant scientist when in a lab, under typical circumstances, without a deadline, but those with a high instinct stat are able to improvise, react, and tie together sensory information quickly even in the heat of battle. This includes situations such as intentionally lying and controlling their “tells”, to being able to plan an escape while being tortured.
- Genin: 40 Stats
- Chuunin: 80 Stats
- Special Jounin: 160 Stats
- Jounin: 200 Stats
|Stat Value||Accessible Rank|
So, a character with a Taijutsu score of 13, a Ninjutsu score of 38, and a Genjutsu score of 4 could use up to C ranked Taijutsu, S ranked Ninjutsu, and D ranked Genjutsu.
Stats also impact the number of concentrations you get, something that is explored more in depth [Here].
Each rank also has an average for their stats. The stat rank is 1 - 50, and you can distribute them however you see fit, without any caps, but keep in mind your stat distribution may impact how the village perceives your skill level, and consequently, your value. Additionally, unless you take a [Specialization], you cannot have a stat go above 45. The average for each rank is as listed…
- Genin: 5
- Chuunin: 10
- Special Jounin: 20
- Jounin: 25
- Bannin: 35
Additionally, stat distribution can be viewed as Tiers. Most easily explained within their ranks, but could also be explained more descriptively, seen below.
|1 - 5||Humans||This is within the range of your normal human of varying degrees, from your normal 6 year old, to a relatively fit individual in their late 20s, to a person who dabbles in a few scholarly ventures.|
|6 - 15||Advanced Humans||The range of extraordinary individuals, this stat range is for people committing feats of miracles, to mastering their bodies through meditation, to the most elite of athletes.|
|16 -25||Super Humans||Beyond the range of normal humans, but still within the range of mortality. These are individuals that have far exceeded the expectations for man. Able to outrun the fittest of athletes, pick up on the weakest of hints, and control their bodies and minds in ways thought to be fiction.|
|26 -35||Legendary||Entering the realms of mythology. These are people able to commit fantastic feats of legend, grappling with death, recovering from wounds that would end the lives of normal men, and conquering beasts feared around the world.|
|36 -45||Demi-Gods||Beyond those of legends and entering godhood, this tier of stats refers to those that accomplish feats that have likely never been considered. Mastering various arts with ease, carrying unimagineable loads on their backs, and conquering villages single handledly, people within these stat ranges can hardly be considered people anymore.|
|46-50||Gods||Feats only equitable of that of a supreme being, these are individuals capable of massacring countries on their own, foreseeing the future, and handling tasks never even imagined. People within these stat tiers are to be feared by all and recognized as by a work of the universe, and a threat to it.|
- Stats may be rearranged at a cost of 8 Points per stat moved
And that is stats on NSRP