Necessary Relaxation

Closed; Kabu, Kat

Kabu
User flair: Suna Co-OOC

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Kabu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:23 am

It was later on in the day, the fights for the day having wrapped up by now and the sun itself beginning to set, Yoshiko finding herself wandering the streets of the Starfall Festival, gently smiling as she looked around at the sights and listened to the sounds. Friends playing, small kids dragging their parents by the hand while screaming about one thing or another, even shinobi from different countries chatting and celebrating in camaraderie. It had been decided that it might be a good idea to drag her out of the village to have fun and escape from her stresses for a while and so far she could at the very least say that she felt very much at ease, not at all minding the strange looks that she was getting likely due to her wings nor even minding the crowds. An event like this was a rare moment of true peace, even despite the bloody tournament, and she was truly happy that she was getting to witness it firsthand.

After walking a while she came across a small cliffside clearing, a bench set up to enjoy the view of the festival down below, and decided to take a seat, munching on a piece of takoyaki she had purchased on her way up as she looked down at all the people down below. While the sights and sounds of the festival were very pleasant from within the event itself, there was something truly marvelous about witnessing it up from above. Really the only thing that could have made it better was if she had someone with her to enjoy it but for now she was content.

Though that wasn't to say she would be entirely opposed to having company. And really, with so many different kinds of people around who knew what would happen.

Aes Sedai

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Aes Sedai » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:32 pm

As rumors and whispers flew on pretty wings and dry, cracked lips to her ears, Hiraku Suzume had come to realize where half of her father's power had truly come from. Information was intoxicating, even more so when you found yourself knowing things before others and being able to use that to one's advantage. Given her parentage, Suzume had an interest in all things Iwa, and even heard the rumors after a Jounin had been rescued by their cohorts. It had been a rather juicy rumor, slavers pissing off a country that paid them well, Suzume had savored the information. As she walked through the the streets for the festival, she was almost giddy when she saw a jacket pass her by with the Iwa Village symbol on it. Even more so when she saw the face to whom the jacket belonged. She couldn't help a bit of a smirk as she kept her distance, waiting until the woman sat down to make her own move.

She wore her typical ensemble, backless and showing off her tattoo as she slid into place on the bench beside Yoshiko. "Glad to see you survived your ordeal in one piece." she said quietly, her takegasa ringing with the little bells on it as she turned her head slightly to look at Yoshiko out of the corner of her eyes briefly. "Sometimes having access to any information that can be carried by rumor is a curse, to hear of your trials and be unable to act. I'm glad your village chose to after all. All too often shinobi are abandoned by those they protect." Suzume reached up a hand to remove her hat, knowing that with it on she couldn't look at the woman beside her fully without discomfort. She set it beside her, leaning against the bench, as she turned and fixed her yellow eyes on the woman intently. She knew she was in no bingo book, Iwa did not even know she existed, and somehow it made introducing herself all the more fun. "I am Hiraku Suzume, a samurai of Iron Country originally and I pedal information out of Dragon Country now... I'm sorry to startle you, I simply wanted to meet you when I recognized you from my reports I received."

~~ Katya's Korner Bar ~~ My shoppe is open! Click ^^^ for details!!!
Where in the World is Katya?Show
Active Characters
Character Name/LinkVillageOrganizationColors
Meiyo SoutaSunagakure No SatoJinches and Pals#AF1E2D -- #60C659
Kenshin YasuKumogakure No SatoN/A#ED72AA -- #800000
Hiraku SuzumeIron CountryChishiki#5E99AA
Nakajima KyoKumogakure No SatoN/A#F2C68C
Kazuki AmayaKirigakure No SatoKazuki Twins#96AA99
Enkouten SaoriIwagakure No SatoN/A#FCAD56
HeidrunKonohagakure No SatoN/A#872B93
Hyuuga AinaKonohagakure No SatoN/A#70CE9B -- #FF4080
Fujitsuna ArataSunagakure No SatoN/A#00B2AA

Kabu

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Kabu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Yoshiko was so absorbed in watching the festival down below that she didn't even notice someone joining her on the bench, until that someone spoke to her, the woman tensing up for the briefest of moments, calming down once she realized she wasn't in any danger. Jeez, she had promised that she would be more careful and pay attention to her surroundings so things like that didn't happen. She turned her head in the direction that the voice had come from, blinking as she took in the sight of a girl around her own age, a cute girl at that, her strange yellow eyes seeming to suit her fairly well.

She was so taken in by the girl's appearance that it took a moment to register the girl's name, as well as the fact that she seemed to know about the incident with the slavers. "I'm Kamizuru Yoshiko, though I should guess you may know that as well." she spoke, her tone a bit more harsh than she may have intended, the woman slapping her cheeks upon realization.

Ah, get it together Yoshiko." Why was she suddenly so on edge? Maybe she was just nervous or maybe it was something about the way the girl spoke that set her on edge but regardless she knew she had to apologize.

"Ah, I'm sorry to sound so harsh. I guess I hadn't realized that rumors could spread so widely and so quickly as well. Regardless, thank you for your concern about it all, it really helps a lot just to know that even distant strangers are concerned for me. Also, despite my earlier actions, it's a pleasure to meet you." she said, giving Suzume a bit of an awkward smile, her wings behind her fluttering gently.

She seems like a nice enough girl, though I do have to wonder... Why does the name Hiraku sound so familiar?

Aes Sedai

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Aes Sedai » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm

In truth Suzume was startled as the woman slapped herself, but she barely showed it in more than just a raised eyebrow. She reached out a hand to gently touch Yoshiko's wrist and guide her hand away from her face. "Please, don't damage yourself further. You've had a rough go of things, I'd hate for self-harm to be on that list too. I've faced captors as well, albeit for a much shorter time than you did." she said, hoping to bring the woman a bit of comfort as well. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Rumors do fly fast but I admit I have people in many different places that bring me any information they think I might find valuable." Suzume touched the ring on her finger with the Chishiki symbol briefly as she continued to explain. "I run an organization that prides itself on information gathering and, when the time is right, sale. Situations like yours I always hate learning about simply because there is nothing I can do to help. I do not have the man power to mount a rescue, and likely a village knows before I do and so I cannot alert them either."

Of course she didn't tell her that the information was useless to her as well, unless the person was of a particular talent in which case she might mount a rescue in an attempt to gain information on the ability the person carried. Though she truly didn't have that kind of manpower... yet. "But you are safe now! And that is good news. I didn't expect to see you here, I'm glad my informants though have proven their worth, their descriptions of you were on point." She smiled oddly, glancing around as for a brief moment she wondered if Yozei was about. But her eyes returned to Yoshiko. "How is the festival treating you?"

Active Characters

Kabu

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Kabu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Yoshiko, though admittedly surprised as Suzume tried to comfort her, simply gave her another awkward smile. "Ah, sorry... bad habit." she said with a bit of a blush.

From there she silently listened to Suzume speak, a small smile on her face all the while, though she did raise a brow as the girl looked around for a brief moment, though it wasn't long before the girl returned her attention to her and posed a simple question.

"It's been pretty fun so far. A couple friends brought me out here thinking it would be a good opportunity to have fun and relax and so far I think they were right. I feel at ease with myself and for once I've been able to focus on other things." Yoshiko responded with a smile, finding it surprisingly easy to open up to Suzume even despite the tension that she initially felt and to some small degree still felt. She felt it was a bit strange that someone so young would have informants and much less lead an organization focusing on the gathering and selling of information but from talks she had heard from her fellow captives during her period of captivity, life outside of the villages seemed to be very rough, leading to some taking drastic measures. Well, it also could be that the girl simply had a healthy mind, which was a very good thing.

A moment of silence passed, Yoshiko wondering how to continue the conversation when suddenly she had an idea. Something had caught her eye on the way up but she had largely ignored it for various reasons. Now however... it seemed like a good opportunity to pay it a visit.

"Say... I apologize if this is presumptuous of me but I passed by a small bar on the way up here. Would you like to get a drink or two with me?"

Aes Sedai

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Aes Sedai » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Suzume was glad to see that so far, she didn't seem to be pushing things too much. Approaching Yoshiko had been a curiosity, an experiment even. She was surprised so far that she had not received any questions about her name, or her father. Rather Yoshiko seemed completely okay with her presence, despite the amount of knowledge Suzume had hinted at having about her. 'I wonder then? If she is so comfortable with me knowing of her? How much would she tell me? Will her guard be down completely?' she thought to herself, smiling as Yoshiko invited her for drinks.

"I would love to." Suzume replied, reaching over and giving Yoshiko's hand a light squeeze before standing and holding out a hand in a silent offer to help her up as well. 'Father's life with mother began in Iron Country at a similar event... interesting...' Of course the young woman kept her thoughts to herself, all too happy to let Yoshiko lead the way down to the small bar.

Active Characters

Kabu

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Kabu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Of course Yoshiko's guard wasn't down entirely, it never was these days, but nonetheless she took the hand that Suzume offered to her and stood up with the girl's help. Still though, why did she feel so tense? She was comfortable enough around this girl to be talking fairly freely and even to have invited her to go drinking with her but why was there a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that this could possibly be a bad idea? And why did she have the strangest feeling it had something to do with the girl's family name, Hiraku...

Well, really there was a pretty good chance she was just being paranoid so she pushed it down and led the way away from the bench and towards the bar she had seen, the pair very quickly arriving at their destination. It really wasn't much, the building itself being small indeed as well as fairly simplistic in outward appearance.

She led the way inside and made her way to the countertop, grinning as she took a seat on a stool, spinning to face Suzume, a small smile on her face all the while. "I'm really glad you came with me. I wanted to come in earlier but I made a promise. I don't really remember it but apparently last time I drank unsupervised, things happened. Apparently I caused a pretty bad scene so I made a promise that I would only drink with someone there to keep me in check, just in case. This is actually my first drink since then so I'm honestly kind of nervous and a bit scared." she said with a sheepish smile. Sure she had been non-hesitant in giving the invite but now that they were here she was kind of beginning to have second thoughts... What if something went wrong? What if things happened out of her control?

Aes Sedai

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Aes Sedai » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:28 am

Once Yoshiko was on her feet, Suzume bent down to retrieve her hat before following the other woman. She didn't bother to put the hat on, simply holding it at her side as they walked in relative quiet. She followed her inside, smiling still as she glanced around at the little place. "Cute." she mused as she took a seat beside Yoshiko at the bar itself and listened to what she said. "I'm almost afraid to ask, but don't worry I won't let things go too far." she assured her, touching her arm gently before turning to order herself a drink.

Knowing what she knew now about Yoshiko's last drinking experience, Suzume ordered herself some sake she had had before. She didn't want her new companion to think she was leaving herself out by not getting a real drink, but also wanted to keep her own faculties in tact. The sake would be nice and sweet, but none too heavy and leave plenty of room for Suzume to keep her wits about her. "So tell me about yourself, Yoshiko." she finally said, her arms folded on the bar as she waited on her drink. "All I really know about you are your hardships and that you're from Iwa. I'd love to hear about you."

Active Characters

Kabu

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Kabu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm

After a moment's contemplation, Yoshiko ordered the same as Suzume, not wanting to go too heavy just yet. Perhaps a bit later she would go heavier but for now she figured it would be best to pace herself. "I'm not sure what there really is to say about myself." she chewed on her bottom lip a moment as she contemplated what exactly there was to tell Suzume without revealing too much.

It was at this point while she was in thought on what to talk about that several bees came crawling out of the sleeve of her jacket and onto her shoulder, the girl smiling at the sight. This was the first time any of them had actually come out during the festival. "Hello little ones, haven't seen you since we arrived." she said to the group, still smiling as she turned back towards Suzume. Ah, every member of my clan has a hive of bees that we call our own and this is just a small part of my own." she explained, realizing that Suzume may not quite understand what was going on.

With the group of bees resting on her shoulder, she turned in her seat to face towards the bar, tapping her fingers against the wooden surface as she once more fell into thought. "Honestly there's not a lot to talk about regarding myself. Umm, well due to a need to distract myself for some time after the incident, I've gained a few new hobbies. I've lately come to enjoy reading, oh and I've been trying out sweet making. I also have a love for helping people and that translates to the battlefield where I mostly play a support role rather than fighting upfront." she paused, trying to think of if there was any more she could really think of to say in the moment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure there's more but a lot has changed for me and there have been a lot of adjustments to make so this is kind of difficult for me right now." she finally admitted after a moment's silence, resisting the urge to sigh.

"So what can you tell me about yourself?"

Aes Sedai

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Aes Sedai » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Suzume took a sip of her sake once it arrived, looking at Yoshiko in surprise as she saw the appearance of the bees. "My goodness... I don't think I've seen such a thing before. I've heard rumors of people with such abilities, but never seen it first hand. If I... I mean, may I?" She reached out a hand forward, waiting to see if perhaps a bee might land on her, longing to observe its behavior. She wasn't allergic and so she wasn't worried about a sting, though of course she had no idea of what abilities the bee might hold. She was simply intrigued and wanted to see what she could see.

"You're fine." she told Yoshiko as nerves seemed to set in. "Getting back into a routine at home is hard enough, getting used to talking to strangers is much harder." she admitted, sighing to herself as Yoshiko asked her about her. "Honestly not much to say about me... I was born at an orphange, and raised there, in Iron Country. There were always rumors that my parents were shinobi from some village or other but honestly I've started thinking its just a rumor I let go to my head. As a child I used to dream of being whisked away. When I was twelve my father showed up and whisked me away... a criminal who ran the organization I run now. I'm afraid it's really not that interesting of a story." She carefully walked the line between saying nothing and answering Yoshiko's question, sipping her sake for a break.

Active Characters

Kabu

Necessary Relaxation

Post by Kabu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Yoshiko silently listened to Suzume as she answered her question and spoke about herself, though she couldn't help but raise a brow at the way that the girl had chosen to answer her question. "I can't even imagine what it's like to grow up not knowing your family at all." she said with a sad smile, feeling a painful ache in her chest as her brother's face flashed through her mind. She really couldn't dare to begin thinking of what life would have been like had she not known him. It was honestly painful to think about... And working past that... there was the mention that her father had been a criminal. Somehow she felt as if she maybe knew who she was referring to but she just couldn't recall. She was just for sure positive at this point that there was something significant about the name Hiraku... and that for some reason it brought chills down her spine.

Suddenly feeling a need to distract herself, she took a big swig of sake,only to start coughing almost immediately. "Ugh, too fast, too much." she panted, taking a deep breath as she suddenly remembered that Suzume had made a request of her.

Oh right,you're free to have a look at my swarm. I'm sorry, I got distracted. I get like that a lot these days." she suddenly said, a wordless tug of a single finger being all it took for a few of the bees to fly off her shoulder and onto Suzume's hand this simple motion seeming to be all it took for the swarm to understand their master's intentions. "We've been together since I was a child. They understand me just as I understand them." she said, a nostalgic smile on her face as she held out a finger, one of her bees crawling off her shoulder and onto said finger. "These guys are like family to me, and in some ways they're the most precious thing I have of the time I had with my brother."

Return to “Star Country”