Don't Fear the Reaper

Dragon Country - Seledar Market

TheLacarix

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Now it was time.

Time to start a fresh, like a butterfly finally realised from its cocoon, Yoru, the Bannin of Konohagakure was a new man, the Bannin was no more. Hiding, healing and now in prime condition to make his return to the world, to put his stamp on not just the shinobi world, but the entire world.

The early evening sun cascaded across the sky, ripples of purple, reds and oranges. Yoru was silhouetted against the backdrop, stood purposefully on amount of red spider lily, his green haori over his shoulders and a large straw hat tipped over his brow. Stepping down, he moved through the fields running his fingers against the petals, they almost felt like silk, crumpling under his touch drifting to the ground below.

What was Yoru to do with his new found freedom? Get revenge on Konoha? Destroy the world with some convoluted plan? Retire as a hermit? The possibilities were endless and if the man was been honest with himself, he had no idea what his plans were. Fow now, he'd pesure Seledar's Market, a place filled with debauchery and villainy, whore houses, seedy bars and to Yoru’s knowledge a hub for bounty hunters.

Stepping into the market, it reeked of sweat, blood and lust. His eye’s darted beneath the straw hat, searching face after face desperate to find that skull once again. His eyes met with that of a woman, he quickly moved them away, but it was too late. A whore, with poorly applied makeup that was wiped across her face, a ripped kimono stepped towards him with a large smile on her face exposing what little teeth she had. The smell of cheap perfume filled Yoru’s nostrils. He slowly stepped back as she opened her mouth “Need a little company cutie?” Yoru gently shook his head and moved away.

Her fingers grasped around his bandage covered wrist, pulling him towards her “Why are you in such a rush?” Yoru pulled his arm free, he moved so gently and purposefully she didn’t even detect his arm was free from her grasp.
Last edited by TheLacarix on Sat May 23, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Characters
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin - Rogue Shinobi
Konohagakure - Kishikaisei
phpBB [video]
Aizawa, Nobu
D-Rank - Genin
Konohagakure
phpBB [video]

Principle

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by Principle » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:30 am

Seledar Market, a heaven to the sleazy, half of the goods where possibly stolen, drugs were sold nearly openly and prostitution was running rampant. This was truly a place for the wicked, a place for the lost and damned, a place for sinners. Nehan grit her teeth but not as hard as the man in her clasp, the greasy pimp was easily hoisted by his throat with a single hand, his men were scared out of their minds as they had never seen a woman perform such feat of strength. Their biggest mistake was not knowing who this white haired witch was, for they had only ever heard of Nehan with her black hair and face tattoos.

Her silver eyes gazed over at his men, her stoic expression were nearly as cold as the aura that drenched the attic they were currently standing on. None of them really knew what the white haired witch was doing here as she just barged in, moved through the dozens of men and took on their pathetic slashes as if they were giving her an acupuncture, she turned her head sideways to indicate that they shouldn't move or else they would feel the pain they have forced onto their workers. See what they didn't know was that she had been contacted to deal with this particular whorehouse as it was the leading ring, countless of women near this village had been kidnapped and forced into work, what most didn't know was that Nehan specifically dealt with revenge quests.

"Look, look, I give you anything you want, please just let me go!"

"Just like you let those women go?"

"Is this what it's all about? Well then consider them free!"

"Like I'd fall for that!" Nehan snapped his neck like a stick, turned around and tossed him onto his hardwood table, his goons watched in terror as he not only produced a disgusting crack that burst the table into shards but bounced and produced a massive hole behind Nehan. The orange light created a "holy" silhouette around her as she raised her arms. "Step forward those who want to repent for their sins, or face dire consequences." Her eyes darted back down at the cowards that faced her as she prepared for the oncoming massacre.

I really need to master how much force I use Nehan grunted, still not reaching for her scythe as she knew that these weaklings would only dull her weapon.
Different Sides Of The War
The Compassion
Karagata, Yuuto
Chuunin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
D: 0 C: 0 B: 0 A: 0 S: 0
[Creed]
Sushi
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Chuunin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][#FF5416]
D: 0 C: 3 B: 2 A: 0 S: 0
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
King Yautja
The Mercenary
Nara,Chikara
A-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Jashinist
Kijo,Nehan
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Maroon]
D: 0 C: 0 B: 6 A: 1 S: 0
Chishiki
Graw

TheLacarix

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by TheLacarix » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:08 am

His hand gently placed on the back of each of the patrons in the market, searching, not entirely sure what for, a new life? Work? The woman with a skull for a face. Would this even be the right place for him to find someone like that? The legendary Bannin of Konoha wasn’t overly used to places like this, it was nothing like bustling farming markets he was used to. It seemed a sordid, a place of nothing but debauchery. Rather than the smell of fresh produce and farm animals, it reeked of blood, sex and narcotics.

Yoru’s attention was taken to the right, as rubble soared towards him, he side stepped as a man came soon after landing on a clump on the floor. A silhouette of a woman could be seen where the hole had come from, a crowd started to appear gathering around the hole all trying to get a good look.

Yoru’s gaze was brought to the man, who surprisingly was still alive… just, he was jittering on the floor obviously having a spasm as froth was pouring from his mouth on the ground below. Yoru thought it best to put him out of his misery, whipping out his kunai, he pushed it into the mans throat finishing him off.

Standing up, the new rouge shinobi stepped forwards towards the woman, gently pushing through the crowd “Excuse me.” He muttered softly, he needed to see what was happening “Excuse me.” He said more firmly, pushing a little harder as he edged towards the figure, as he got closer he realised who it was.

“Nehan.”
Last edited by TheLacarix on Sat May 23, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters
Aizawa, Yoru
phpBB [video]
Aizawa, Nobu
D-Rank - Genin
Konohagakure
phpBB [video]

Principle

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by Principle » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Nehan stepped closer to the goons who prepared to make a dire choice before she heard a very familiar and annoying voice ring through the market. See, she had done a lot to stay under the radar but at the same time she invited people who were after her to try their best, though this was clearly not the best time as she was on a very important mission to restore the balance between the wrongdoers and the unjust, Yoru's voice had cut her ears as nails did when they ran down a metal pipe.

Gritting her teeth, she ignored him for the time being as she was still focused on the foes standing in front of her, until she snapped out of her frustration and realized that she could still be attacked from the rear, though she knew that she had to keep up the facade, for if she was to be feared then she had to show both him and the thugs who was running the show and not cower in fear. Though the fact that he was a renowned Bannin didn't escape her train of thought.

This fucking guy and his timing. Nehan pulled out a kunai and tossed it at a target standing in front of her, the kunai did not pin him, rather it created what appeared to be a massive hole in his chest, though it had been tossed with enough force to break the body of the first goon yet stick to the wall behind him, showing an impressive knowledge of both force and technique.

"Aizawa, Yoru I really hope you haven't come here to try to take me home as you know what happened last time you tried that." Nehan chuckled as blood started to fill the room. Now I don't have to use my own blood to create the seal.
The Compassion
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
[Creed]
Sushi
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][#FF5416]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
King Yautja
The Mercenary
Nara,Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Jashinist
Kijo,Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

TheLacarix

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:45 pm

He gritted his teeth, as Nehan seemed to completely ignore him, did she known he was a rouge shinobi now and was at ease? This seemed unlikely, Yoru was presumed either MIA or Dead, very little people knew he was still alive. Little was perhaps an understatement, they only person now, was the woman in front of him Nehan.

He exhaled from his nostrils as a snorted a chortle of laughter as Yoru thought back on the last time Nehan and Yoru had met, she’d got the better of him that time, but he wasn’t fighting to kill. Though Yoru wasn’t that many anymore, though he wasn’t here for a fight, not this time.

“Kijo, Nehan it has being a while.”
He scratched the back of his head “Bring you home? You and I have no h-"

“BOSS!”

The voice interrupted Yoru, a thug had his hands wrapped around the brothel owner, shaking his dead body as though there was a chance to bring him back, it was long past that point. Nehan had done a number on him.

“Get over here now!” The thug yelled, a few others came running. He pointed towards Yoru and Nehan “Those two.” Yoru’s hand threw up, as though protesting his innocence, not that it would matter. The thug pulled out a tanto, charging towards Yoru thrusting at him.

Before the hug had even made step, a kunai was within Yoru’s grasp in an instant he swung the pommel up ramming it into the thugs jaw, shattering it in an instant. He screamed out in pain, clutching his jaw. Yoru lowered himself down, sweeping the thug, knocking him to the ground, who now passed out from pain. Another two thugs we’re coming towards them, one lunged at Yoru trying to hold him down while the other drew a katana, going for the back of Nehan’s head.
UsedShow
*Ochiba • Single Finger Draw
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Utilizing this Maneuver, the user is able to quickly draw a kunai from its holster. This is done by placing their finger through the lip of the holder and into the ring of the pommel, flicking it up and out quickly, having the kunai in the user’s hand within an instant.
Characters
Aizawa, Yoru
phpBB [video]
Aizawa, Nobu
D-Rank - Genin
Konohagakure
phpBB [video]

Principle

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by Principle » Mon May 18, 2020 6:18 am

Nehan chuckled at the thought of getting to kill Yoru once and for all, but the slight change in his demeanor was clear as day for the veteran missing nin, his eyes lacked the "I am a hero" glow that they used to spark. I have seen those eyes before, eyes that tell of a great betrayal... Nehan wasn't sure if he was undercover or not but for the time being he didn't seem to aim to attack her.

Gritting her teeth and clenching her weapon, she would slash at the remaining goons, before they could make up their minds. Due to her overwhelming strength she didn't need to strike them as the force was strong enough to create a wind blade that sliced them in half. Though before she was able to turn around, a katana struck the back of her head, bouncing off her extremely durable skull, her eyes went black before she reached out and grabbed the confused thug.

"I will make certain that you pay for that." Nehan slammed him on to the ground, making sure that his legs and lower back broke, to make sure that he couldn't leave. She used the blood from his protruding wounds to create a seal but had yet made the contact to activate it, she turned around to watch Yoru handle the thugs before she exclaimed. "If you want to fight me Yoru then this is not the right time, as I am not in the mood to leave anyone alive, especially a Konoha nin who has hunted me previously. So I advice you to leave me be." Nehan didn't turn around as she wanted to show him that she was in control of the situation, while deep inside she hoped that he truly wasn't there to fight her, as she wanted to complete the mission for the sake of cleansing this place of what she considered unholy.
The Compassion
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
[Creed]
Sushi
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][#FF5416]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
King Yautja
The Mercenary
Nara,Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Jashinist
Kijo,Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

TheLacarix

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by TheLacarix » Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 am

The goon charged towards Yoru, swinging a blade with an obvious lack of any ability, Yoru countered in a matter of moments, withdrawing a kunai and lowering himself down beneath the strike. Swinging the kunai upwards across the ‘goon’s’ spine, as he landing in a clump on the floor, now paralysed.

Yoru’s eye glinted with a hint of enjoyment from the thrill of the battle, his gaze turned to the powerful rouge kunoichi known as Nehan, as she seemed to be dealing with the goons a little too well. It was no surprise they offered no threat to either of them.

Tilting his head as Nehan spoke he rolled his eyes as a benevolent laugh escaped from his lips “Don’t talk with such confidence Nehan, we both know you’re too slow to kill me.” Though in all honesty in close quarters like this, Yoru would likely be sliced in two in a matter of moments, he’d struggle to create the distance between the two. Though in all honesty he wasn’t looking to fight right now.

With no more of the Goons attacking Yoru he was freed up and left Nehan to her own device, leaning back on the wall she’d created a large gap in “I won’t interfere with your mission, but do be quick.” He said with a flash of a grin.
Characters
Aizawa, Yoru
phpBB [video]
Aizawa, Nobu
D-Rank - Genin
Konohagakure
phpBB [video]

Principle

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by Principle » Sat May 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Nehan grit her teeth at the remark, he was right, she wasn't the fastest fighter but deep down she knew that her area of effect damage was too high for most ninjas to deal with, though to be honest she was somewhat glad that she didn't have to destroy the entire market as most people needed their homes; not all of them were monsters.

Her eyes darted from him over to the scared crowd before they landed upon the leaning ninja. "Why are you here, if you are not hunting me?" The witch turned her back towards Yoru before she reached for his blood with her scythe, transforming her pale face into her old tattooed face and her hair black, she had now turned into the witch that was.

The wounded goon looked on in terror as he knew that something bad was about to happen, for the sacrificial ritual was nearly complete, she had hoped to use this on the leader of the pack but forewent that strategy once he pissed her off enough to break his neck, though thanks to Yoru the goon was dead. So he would do as a sacrifice instead for he had injured Nehan.

She began to chant something in tongue before she reached for her telescoped spear then jammed it in her heart, instantly killing the paralyzed thug, while all she felt was the heavenly light douse her with extreme euphoria of having to survive such a tense blow. She could feel his soul leaving his body while hers remained intact, a pact created between her God and the ritual. "Thank you Jashin" She exclaimed before she dropped to her knees, it had been a while since she sacrificed someone and was being a bit overwhelmed, especially when her mind returned to reality for she was now being watched by countless eyes, and one particularly that started to bug her, Yoru's.

JutsuShow
-:-Nehan; The Jashinist
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Nehan; The Human Voodoo Doll, The Cursed Zone, Jashinism.
The final step of mastering the ancient ritual of Jashinism, the art of perfecting the steps in order to cut down wasted time. Nehan starts by ingesting the targets blood before she starts merging [Nehan; The Human Voodoo Doll], she will proceed to cut herself in the hand to draw out some of her blood to form [The Cursed Zone]. Meanwhile Nehan is merging she will start to pray [Jashinism], to complete the last step. This jutsu take a full post to complete during which time the user is vulnerable to attacks.

-:-For Lord Jashin!
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Prereq: 35 Ninjutsu, 40 Control, Nehan; The Human Voodoo Doll.
After channeling chakra through an object for a full post she will inflict pain on her target dealing the ultimate judgement of Jashin. If the target is within the cursed seals permitted cursed area then once Nehan jabs the object through her lower heart the target will experience the same pain, serious pain is caused to the heart and within one post the target will experience a heart attack. If the target isn't helped within 3 posts after the initial heart attack post then certain death awaits, they can resist certain death if their Stamina is higher than users control. The sudden stress to the heart also causes a paralysis around the chest area and left arm.
The Compassion
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
[Creed]
Sushi
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][#FF5416]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
King Yautja
The Mercenary
Nara,Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Jashinist
Kijo,Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

TheLacarix

Don't Fear the Reaper

Post by TheLacarix » Sat May 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Yoru still leaning against the wall, as she asked him what he was doing if he wasn’t hunting her “Hunt? Nehan that’s very rude. I’ve never hunted you, I prefer the word tracked. You were never my pray and you know that, I just wanted a chit-chat is all.” A smirk ran across his face, knowing that he was likely annoying the woman, “And to answer your question why I’m here, it’s a market after all, I’m here for the fantastic bargains. I saw they had some lovely furs outside and I’m sure someone was selling a set of skull shaped earrings I think would suit you.”

He talked over while she performed her strange ritual, he’d heard a little about it but his knowledge of it wasn’t anything of any great extent. He watched as she fell to her knees and seemed overwhelmed.

“If you truly want to know why I’m here, it’s because I’m now free and I’m looking for work. It seemed this place might be a good place to start.” He admitted glumly, he tapped his foot on the wall of the building, Nehan seemed to of cleared house literally. There wasn't much more reason for him to be here, though perhaps should could put him on the right path to find some work. Nehan had to make a living somehow.
Characters
Aizawa, Yoru
phpBB [video]
Aizawa, Nobu
D-Rank - Genin
Konohagakure
phpBB [video]

Return to “Other Countries”