[Closed] Dancing Leaf; Crying sky

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Narrative:
Just one month following their initial meeting, Squad 15 is off to quite the interesting start.
Faced with rigorous challenges in the forest of death and a series of assignments seemingly geared toward putting their patience and teamwork to the test, the trio of fresh Genin can hardly catch a break. However, this chapter deals with one particular Genin of the group with quite the troubled past. Fi, Ikkon has been summoned to the forest by none other than Mitsurugi Gene. Find out why below!

Leaning up against one of many exceptionally tall trees within the Land of fire's Western forest, Gene could be found with his eyes glued to Autumn leaves; its latest chapter building suspense so deeply woven through plot that he couldn't help but immerse himself in the story. These days there'd been fairly little time for reading forcing him to sneak a chapter passage or two in while transitioning to another task or in the rare scenario where he had nothing going on. Scenario's like now. Though to say that he had nothing to do would have been quite the understatement. The truth was he'd been waiting for someone very important to arrive and...if they'd been as well ordered as himself then Gene suspected that they'd be arriving any minute now.

Any moment now... The silver-haired Jounin reflected, turning the page slowly but deliberately. Almost out of habit he began counting the number of things that he could hear with a distinct clarity around him and of those noises, determined who was animal and who was insect. Then, making a game out of it, he began trying to deduce the soft noises beneath the layer of buzzing and busy wildlife - registering the gentle humming of a waterfall probably fifteen or so meters East of his current position. To the South east, the path leading to and from the village. Further north he could hear nothing above a whispering wind...it'd seemed that at least out this far there would be no chance of accidentally injuring a civilian. Good. For once he realized, studying maps and plotting out locations had actually paid off.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Jack_Spaden

Post by Jack_Spaden » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 am

Fi was no fool when it came to an invitation.

There were three things that he had to consider earlier during the day. Punctuality, Knowing the Audience and Treating every task as a full mission. In this instance he had considered each item carefully and decided to put his best foot forward, so he could draw it out quickly in case he stepped in a bear trap. The young shinobi planned to arrive a few minutes before the supposed deadline but he wasn't coming in to be blindsided. There was a certain quality about the Jounin that had resonated with Fi during their first meeting, the older shinobi was dangerous. The danger wasn't a quality that was flaunted either, it was just under the surface and deadly in a way that reminded him of his old mentor.

With that kind of audience in mind he had only to prepare for his 'mission.' Fully stocked with his usual supplies, he did a map recon of where he was going to meet with Mitsurugi Gene. The western forests were thick with some of the tallest trees in the area. The location was also secluded and there appeared to be only 'marked' way in and out of the area, a path that he would have to travel north west on in order to reach the destination. With these things in mind he deduced that whatever they were meeting there for was going to be private, possibly another survival test of some sort... no, that was out of the question. There was no immediate danger in the western woods like there had been in the training area during their first mission.

While it had been nearly a month the mission seemed like it was far too recent, he had met with his new 'squad' and met up with the Jounin that would be in charge of their training. In a lot of ways he could contrast Gene with 9, though whenever he did this he had a sinking feeling that they would be at odds no matter how many similar qualities they had.

Fi made the trip on the path, deciding to take the obvious way in. About thirty meters out from where he was told to meet he stopped. He took a breath and knelt, one knee bent in the middle of the path. He took a moment to orient himself with the terrain. Fi paid attention to how the area sounded, lively with animals of various varieties... possible water off in the distance that he couldn't quite pick out the direction of. The air was warm, especially for that time of year and only the faintest of breezes picked through the golden leaves of autumn overhead. He wondered if frost would be coming in the next couple of days but he pushed the thought from his mind and went ahead with the plan he decided on.

He formed a few handseals in succession.

A clone laced with the element of Raiton sprung to life next to him in the exact same post. He turned to it. "Carefully now, like we've been practicing. Fifteen meters out and match steps, hail with vocals as soon as you encounter the stopping point." While Fi knew that he wouldn't be able to sneak up on the Jounnin he was curious to see if he could probe the situation without coming up on it himself. The training value was well worth his time. He sent the clone off and waited until it got out fifteen meters ahead of him, they wouldn't be able to see eachother except barely with the forest obscuring vision and the path moving around the trees as it did.

They set off again, Fi doing his best to match footsteps as he had been practicing with his clones. The idea was that when he perfected the technique he'd be able to completely hide his movement in that of his clone. It would pass until he learned to move without making any sound in the future. The shock double set off in the direction that the meeting was to take place. When he got within sight of the Jounnin it maintained distance and identified himself so that Fi knew to stop further back on the path. The distance that the clone saw Gene at would be roughly ten meters. It spoke, "Ikkon Fi reporting."
Characters
CharacterVillageAgeRank
Ikkon FiKonoha15Genin
Shihoen KaenLand of Tea26C Rank Minor Country

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:28 am

"Even out in the woods and away from prying eyes you're still so damn formal," Gene criticized. "I guess it can't be helped..." The Jounin looked up from his book and immediately noticed something off about his "newly arrived" guest. Heh. What he lacks is social skills he makes up for in strategy; you've got promise, kid. Perhaps in the face of someone like Taiga, Fi's antics may have actually worked to the letter. But through Gene's perceptive eyes the fact that the Fi in front of him hadn't cast a shadow nor did his feet bend the blades of grass that he stepped on, did not go unnoticed. As if that weren't enough, Gene could feel the mass of Raiton chakra that the construct had been made of clear as day - a consistency he noted, didn't match up to what would have been expected of a real body.

There were other inconsistencies but...for a Genin, Fi had done just about what was expected of him. There was just one problem: In their line of work if an adversary were able to completely see through one's deception then that meant the other failed as a Shinobi. By the way," Gene continued, "if I were you I'd consider saving my chakra. " Clearly, Gene wasn't fooled by Fi's parlor tricks. If for no better reason than he'd already seen it far too many times growing up; pulling the wool over the strategist would take many, many moons of practice and even then - chances were slim at best. Interestingly enough though, Gene made no attempts to reprimand the boy for his attempt. In fact, the half smile on his face seemed to encourage Fi more than anything.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Jack_Spaden

Post by Jack_Spaden » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 am

Fi dispelled the clone, letting it burst into an explosion of Raiton chakra. It wasn't at the level of a shadow clone yet and he needed to remember that. He put his hands into his pockets and walked onto the scene. There wasn't much use in continuing the ploy when he had been found out so easily. Was it expected? Definitely, if he had actually managed to fool Gene then there would have been a much larger problem to discuss. Though even with the meaningless 'banter' that was tossed in his direction Fi had learned part of why he had been called out here. It was either a mission or it was training, if it had been purely confrontation based then an ambush would have been set or Gene would have attacked immediately. Or that was was he could gather from the situation so far anyways.

He walked up to where his clone had exploded without ceremony, still unsure of what was required of him in the situation. He noted the damage done and then moved beyond it just a few steps, they were close enough to talk but he wasn't up in the personal space of his 'new mentor' yet. If he could keep it that way he decided that it would probably be to his advantage and immediate comfort. In moments like these he was glad to have his face wrapped, it provided him just one more layer between any expression that slipped and the outside world. "I don't intend on putting up any false front, what I give you and everyone else is what I have. Formalities included Mitsurugi Sensei. What mission do you have for me?"

As he spoke he took a match from his pocket and struck it off to the side. He let it sit there and burn slowly up the stick until he could put it out by squeezing his fingers together over the flame. At this point didn't have any conscious decision over the habit, the smell of sulfur had become all too common to his senses.
Characters
CharacterVillageAgeRank
Ikkon FiKonoha15Genin

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:26 am

With an audible thud, Gene shut the book he'd been reading. "I'll get to that soon enough but first," the Jounin's Auburn hues met the young upstart. "What was it that made you decide that you wanted to become a Shinobi? Your answer will determine whether or not we go beyond this point so choose your words carefully."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Jack_Spaden

Post by Jack_Spaden » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:45 am

Fi instinctively stiffened at the threat, because that's exactly what it was. He tried to fight that reaction as best as he could. He knew that there was nothing that would actually stop him from being a shinobi because it was more than an occupation, it was a lifestyle and a way of thinking. The cold grip of a threat like that from a Jounin was nothing something a person could take lightly in any situation though. While he couldn't stop the involuntary, first response completely he had full control over what immediately came next for most people: his mouth.

"I see balance in this lifestyle, whether I'm wearing a reflector or not Shinobi is not a job. This is a way of life, of thinking and of survival. I didn't decide to become Shinobi. I am Shinobi." Strangely enough this wasn't a question he volunteered to answer very often. Even back in the academy this was an optional question, if you didn't want to throw yourself out there for everyone to see no one was going to make you. Apparently things were going to be very different here, whether the Jounin actually cared about the answer or not wasn't within Fi's ability to judge. "I decided to come through the academy and serve the village because I want to be a part of this world and to change it for the better. To do that, I need to learn and to protect my village."

The thing that separated them was not years but a deeper rift of experience and power. This was a gap that Fi understood and intended to cross in the most direct way possible. He had the sense to hold further opinions, the truth was that he didn't want to learn to be as good as someone like Gene. Fi wanted to be better than someone like Gene, better than people like 9 and even the current hokage. In order to effect any semblance of change he had to be accomplished within himself. That was a goal that he wouldn't stop short of for anything, even if someone drew the line in the sand and sent him home.
Characters
CharacterVillageAgeRank
Ikkon FiKonoha15Genin

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 am

For some time after Fi had rattled off his first response Gene uttered nothing. Almost as if the man had tuned the boy out completely, an emptiness crawled beneath his watchful gaze and yet - there was something strangely unsettling about the way he stared. No, this was quite different from the man's typical aloof expression or lackadaisical demeanor. It was as if the Jounin had peered beyond Fi's physical self and invaded a portion of the boy's psyche that were best left to privacy. Beyond the words that the boy spoke, beyond the attempts to retain his composure, what the Silver-haired man searched for was more...innate.

Finally, after several minutes of sitting in the silence of Fi's response Gene smiled and nodded. "Good answer." Exactly what the man had been thinking during this time was unknown though - whatever it was, Fi's answer seemed to have met the bar of expectations that had been set. "Right...so the reason I called you all the way out here is because I've decided to oversee your development personally." Gene stated bluntly."If you weren't just spewing hot air just now then you should be able to handle whatever I have to throw at you but; if you can't hack it the training will end and I'll discontinue these lessons. Having said that, do you have any objections?" Gene would wait for Fi's response and if there were no qualms he would follow by saying: "Good. Then lets get started. Come at me with everything you've got." Getting the training started immediately.

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Jack_Spaden

Post by Jack_Spaden » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:59 am

Individual training, either it meant that this Jounin thought he showed promise or that he would be one to lag behind. While Fi hoped that it was potential seen in him the question was, what kind of potential was it exactly? Potential itself could be a wonderful or a terrible thing that marked a person for great success in efforts that would turn out to be heroic or villainous. Fi focused on the problem in front of him when the order was given.

He moved immediately, intently. Fi reached behind his back. His right hand emerged with three kunai held between his fingers. He immediately swung his arm after drawing them to send an accurate cluster of sharp metal towards Gene. His left hand only served to pull an explosive tag and a smoke bomb from his bag. While his right was throwing kunai his left was dropping the smoke bomb so that he could obscure himself from sight.

This fight presented a problem, not only was it improbable but the task was nearly impossible by any stretch of the word. When Fi was told to come at his mentor with everything that meant he had to reach within himself and find belief in the idea of success or else his movement would not hold conviction. He wasn't sure that he could find that conviction in himself but he was going to try in the only way that he knew how. Create space, learn about the opponent by putting them in various situations from a safe distance if possible and then force them into a conflict where they were weak.

"Understood." His response was direct, then he was gone. Vanished behind the iconic cloud of smoke that he realized a lot of his peers refused to use for an unknown reason. He felt most at ease he could rely on classic skills like stealth. Once concealed by the smoke he bounded back, kicking off the ground hard and moving into the dense brush that surrounded their meeting area. The tag that he drew out of his bag was promptly slapped on a low hanging branch as he spun around the first tree in his way, then the second. He put his back to the tree and formed a few handseals in quick succession.

Guess I'm ready, I don't feel like it. Let's see where a gamble gets me... he should be right on me. After forming the seals for his technique he prepared himself by drawing another kunai to hold in an underhanded grip in his right hand, the other hand stayed in his pocket while he listened and waited for something to happen or give him a clue as to where his target resided.
SpoilerShow

*[Flawless Aim Style • Rapid Shot]
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
The user will hold multiple projectiles in their hands to reduce the amount of time needed between each shot. When required they can quickly and fluidly draw more projectiles and keep up a steady stream of attacks. However, while utilizing this Stance the users feet must be planted, limiting the range of their assault, and their ability to be mobile while using it.

JUTSU PREPPED

Kagerō (Heat Haze)
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu; Smell Initiation
The user will do a series of hand seals, then within the next post, light a match. Anyone who smells the sulfur of the match will fall under the Genjutsu. Any movement that they percieve by the user of the Genjutsu seems hazy and they seem to be slower than normal, depth perception is affected so they appear farther than they actually are. This works as an effective distraction that causes mental stress based upon the personality of the target. This genjutsu lasts 3 posts.
Characters
CharacterVillageAgeRank
Ikkon FiKonoha15Genin

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:55 am

Gene had known from the beginning that Fi was of the practical sort; always by the book and going with what logically made sense. After all, that's what they were taught in the academy. Rules, regulation, laws and order, reasonable action....it was all bullshit. If there was anything that Gene had learned the hard way since graduating from the academy it was that at any given moment at any given time a life could be robbed as easily and simply as taking a breath of air. Sure, there were times where one needed to abide by the core principles of the trade: hiding emotion and so forth. But no book taught lesson would ever prepare anyone for the true problems of a Shinobi's career.

After what the boy had gone through with his previous assignment Gene would have thought the lesson was burned somewhere into his memory by now but looking at the young upstart now he wasn't so sure. From the clone to the rehearsed pacing and even his answers to Gene's earlier line of questioning; they all seemed so...monotonous. Perhaps I'm looking at this in the wrong light...even the toughest of 'em would be skeptic of the world after what he's gone through. Lord Hokage, do you really think I'm up to this? Even while lost in thought Gene still had the presence of mind to side step the flow of oncoming Kunai knives, each slamming into the tree behind him with just enough force to stick.

Giving chase wouldn't have been a problem considering he didn't need to rely on his eyes to track the boy but Gene opted not to. There'd be no point in this exercise if he went out of his way to stamp down on Fi's honest efforts as opposed to letting him grow into his own strategies. On the other hand, he noted that the boy's style was reflective of his approach through life. During their last exchange where Gene (masterfully disguised as the Hokage) went out of his way to talk to the guy he avoided topics or questions that would place him in a vulnerable spot, choosing to stick to formalities over regular organic conversation save for a question about overcoming mental pressures and even then - it was hardly a great close out. It was almost as if the boy didn't want to get close to anyone. Just then, a light switched in Gene's head.

Don't tell me this is how you've been coping...Fi. Turning around, Gene snatched two of the three Kunai from the tree and pocketed one of them. "Since you so graciously decided to leave these valuable tools hanging around it's only right that I take them." As for the remaining Kunai Gene plucked it from the tree with his left hand and in a single flicking motion, launched the damned thing after infusing it with Katon elemental chakra in the direction that he'd last heard Fi's shuffling. Being able to distinguish sounds with vivid clarity had its perks he supposed.

The Kunai knife tore through the bushes with ease, its blade heated enough to catch fire to the flammable material as it passed only to tear through the first tree that Fi had passed, thudding hard into the second. In total, the distance that the Kunai had traveled from Gene to the second tree was five meters and considering the fact that he'd been able to throw the damned thing hard enough to tear through another tree before hitting his target...Gene was pretty damn proud of himself. "Huh, that's one of my better throws this year." He acknowledged, slipping his right hand inside of his pocket before stepping off in a shadowy blur. It'd taken a whole lot of practice growing up but he'd finally mastered the art of getting from point A to point B relatively quickly and without wasting much of his own energy to do it.

Landing from his leap two meters North of where he started in a tree just three meters from where Fi had been hiding, the silver-haired Jounin crouched and scanned the ground for signs of tampering. What he found could only be described as disappointing. Well lets see... there's a life sized hole where he went into the bush plus the exit point, snapped twigs and are those...foot prints? Damned kid was in such a hurry to create space he forgot to conceal his movements. Resisting the urge to sigh, Gene raised his hands in what could only be described as the "Ram" hand sign, opting to use his right thumb instead of the index finger for the complete seal. Although his chakra pool had not been on the same level as Fanho, Gene still possessed enough of the stuff to perform low ranking techniques with little if any cost to himself. In particular, the Katon Bunshin technique.

At Gene's discretion the "Flame shadow" manifested itself at the ground level and began performing reconnaissance. Following Fi's trail wasn't too difficult of a task (because welll...he made it easy) and despite the clone's relatively slow pace it was able to find Fi's Kunai that Gene had returned to sender only a short while ago. Conveniently, this was also where the trail seemed to stop. "There's an old saying among the wise: Haste makes waste." Chimed in the Fire shadow, leaning up against the left side of where Fi resided. Interestingly enough up until that point the clone hadn't made any noise - it's steps ghost-quiet and breathing sounds practically nonexistent. In short: This was...the proper way to use a Bunshin.

Meanwhile, Gene climbed higher up the tree he'd been resting on. Not knowing that the branch he'd previously occupied had been laced with a paper bomb. He wasn't using any of his Sensory techniques otherwise he would have been able to feel the energy stored within the explosive but his ears were functioning at their usual levels which meant that his perception was well...inhuman. Briefly, he'd caught the sound of wind ruffling paper but wrote it off as something else, clothing maybe. Must've imagined it.. thought the Jounin too dismissively. Still, for some reason his stomach felt as though he were falling from a great height.
Skills used in orderShow
[Distinction ]
B-ranked discipline
Prerequisites: Perception concentration & 20 instinct
Description: As a Shinobi, it is imperative to be able to distinguish between the sounds of nature and those that are unnatural for the sake of one's own safety. To that end, Gene has gained enough experience to be able to tell the difference between natural sounds and those of a battle. Additionally, he may tune out sounds to focus on specific sounds and noises making him much harder to fool.

Katon • Heated Blade
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling katon chakra into a metal weapon or blade, the user will cause it to grow hotter and cover the blade in flames. The imbued weapon will be able to carve through defenses of 5 or less strength with ease.

*Katon • Flame's Shadow
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will create a copy of themselves out of katon chakra. The clone will be able to move with the stats labelled below, while also exploding with the force of a single exploding tag upon death into a burst of flames. The clone will only last for 3 posts.
Taijutsu: 4
Stamina: 2
Strength: 2
Speed: 4

Way of the Shadow
Pre requisites: [Stealth] Concentration, 20 Instinct
B-ranked Discipline
Through intensive training Gene has taken another step further in becoming a true Shinobi. He may now remain completely silently when walking and running.
TrainedShow
+1 Instinct: 1050

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Jack_Spaden

Post by Jack_Spaden » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:32 am

Fi set his teeth when he heard the kunai tear through the first tree and then embed itself into the second one.

He quelled his breathing and brought his heart rate under control. If this was the lifestyle he wanted then he needed to begin recognizing that there was always going to be a rift between him and his opponents. Anyone that he challenged was going to be an uphill battle from now until he retired and that aspect should be a welcome challenge, something that made life worth living. After hearing the kunai sink true into the tree, he knew that he had been right to put sufficient cover between himself and Gene. He began moving his hands while thinking through the next steps carefully.

From their last confrontation he had been able to observe that Gene moved like a true shinobi. He employed proper techniques and fought an intelligent battle, much like 9 the idea wasn't necessarily to bowl an opponent over with power even when you could. It was like a game of shogi, the first piece you moved and put out front was the piece that you expected to make contact but it was not the piece that would decide anything decisively without additional input. Fi shoved the kunai back in his pouch, jamming it into the wrapping of a flash bang while he went for a different set of tools, and a matchstick that he left tucked between two of his fingers. With one hand going for the back pouch and one going for the side he went for two kunai that had been prepared ahead of time. These had been tied to his reels of ninja wire, a thing that had come in handy during the encounter with monsters in the forest a month ago.

He set his feet while he switched out his tools, playing off consistency. If nothing else he'd be prepared for Gene to repeat his movements of using the tools against him.

Fi could not hear any movement, both Gene and the clone were completely beyond him in terms of being able to be sensed. However, when the clone pulled the knife out of the tree and spoke it was quite feasible to hear and to react to. He brought both of the kunai out in front of him and then threw his arms out to the side at a wicked angle. Then he dropped to a knee and rolled forward spinning around in a crouched position as the roll completed. The throws were aimed to force the kunai to travel around the tree, with a nasty curve that would zip past the clone completely and show off the practiced arcs of someone that had been handling kunai daily. The wires would wrap around the tree as the kunai passed the clone, made a full rotation around the tree as the drew the wires around it and then thudded into the tree after making a full rotation.

While Gene would be a hard target, Fi reasoned that he could still hit stationary trees just fine. When he rolled forward and spun aroun din a crouched position to face the tree he pulled the wires tight. His goal was to restrain Gene (having no knowledge that it was a clone) against the tree by using the leverage of crossed wires and anchors. However, he didn't speak. Fi knew that there were a million different ways for a person to get out of a position like this, it might even be expected. While holding the wires out and pulling them tightly against the tree he used his thumb to strike the match that was being held between his fingers. If he was correct in the assumption that Gene had heightened senses compared to his then it would be a given that he smelled the sulfur from his match striking, even a normal person would be able to smell it at that distance.

If you give me an target, I'll hit it.
SpoilerShow

Used

*[Flawless Aim Style • Arcing Shot]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner is able to shoot in arcs up and over most obstacles, being able to accurately hit a target that is behind obstructions as if they were in the open. Granted, they must know of their target’s location or have another means of detecting them.

Initiated

Kagerō (Heat Haze)
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu; Smell Initiation
The user will do a series of hand seals, then within the next post, light a match. Anyone who smells the sulfur of the match will fall under the Genjutsu. Any movement that they percieve by the user of the Genjutsu seems hazy and they seem to be slower than normal, depth perception is affected so they appear farther than they actually are. This works as an effective distraction that causes mental stress based upon the personality of the target. This genjutsu lasts 3 posts.
Characters
CharacterVillageAgeRank
Ikkon FiKonoha15Genin

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:46 am

"Huh?!" The fire shadow's eyes widened, caught by surprise when wires sprang from two sides of the tree it'd been leaning on. There had been no verbal chime in or warning before the reveal of a technique which made preparing for what was to come all the less predictable. In just a few short seconds the Fire shadow had found itself bound to the tree and at the mercy of Fi's next move which...what was Fi's next move? There was an old saying; "what you don't know can't harm you." Unfortunately, Gene was about to prove exactly why such a saying should never have been a thing in the first place...at Fi's expense.
Gene's thoughts:
Well, well. Would you look at that? Proficient in Shuriken techniques, analytical and capable of complimenting a unit with elemental Ninjutsu. If I were a Genin...this kid would actually give me a run for my money. Unfortunately his execution and situational awareness isn't all that great - he didn't even check to make sure he'd gotten the right target before springing into action. An unknown enemy who knows the location of his foe can play the game of deception like a crescendo, whittling down their defenses and morale and when the time comes to strike....they hit hard.
While it was true that had Gene actually gone down to investigate himself he would have been ensnared in Fi's Genjutsu his clone seemed to have stepped in his place. "So you sprung a trap and waited until I dropped my guard to act...I was careless." Spoke the flame Shadow, now several minutes into the Genjutsu experience.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Jack_Spaden

Post by Jack_Spaden » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:44 am

After the kunai landed secure and Fi had a decent grip on the situation he twisted in place to lock the wire from gaining any slack. Then he heard what he assumed to be Gene give him some rather patronizing words. He pulled tight on the wire and dug his heels in, to the point that it should cause some decent damage to a human body and start cutting flesh. At the very least he knew that it would restrain a normal person for a moment. He crouched and jammed a kunai into the ground using his foot, then he looped the wire around it and tied it off before cutting it. He stood up and was about to form handseals to use a lightning technique and finish his trap but he stopped just as he was about to gather chakra.

Fi had pre-preemptively used his heat haze genjutsu with the thought that Gene would avoid his technique or substitute out. He pulled a new kunai and threw it with the same accuracy that he had done with the other two. His target was going to be the restrained person on the other side of the tree. He saw no reason to move around it at this point or to use chakra if it was going to be that easy. If the Jounin really was stuck by something this simple then he wasn't sure what all the fuss was about at all. As it stood, the situation seemed all wrong and there should be a million ways to get out of the wire to have included cutting it before it was pulled taunt. At the very least there should be a substitution waiting to happen if Gene was versed in any sort of combat.

"Curious."

This was a large shift from what Fi had experienced in the past. He felt anxious, like he was going to be jumped from the side at any moment or like there was some larger trap in the works. At the very least he had his genjutsu to rely on until it was broken, which wouldn't be much but if he fell into close combat then it would be something. So he decided to take Gene's initial advice and save his chakra, he waited to see what his curved kunai throw would bring.
Characters
CharacterVillageAgeRank
Ikkon FiKonoha15Genin

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:01 am

"Even still, I'm not quite a fan of bondage my man." Even for a clone, getting a hold of a Kunai was easy enough and slitting through the wire easier still. Ducking into a roll the clone barely avoided the incoming Kunai as it whizzed overhead and into the tree in the same moment that the clone had turned, sighted and bolted toward Fi before exploding violently on Gene's command. "Smug little bastard," uttered the Jounin as he watched the flames spread across the flammable terrain. He got the feeling that Fi wasn't taking this as seriously as he should have and wondered for a moment, should I just say fuck it and try to kill the kid? He won't get it unless I do...at least, that's the feeling I'm getting. Off to a decent start, the potential he'd saw in Fi was dwindling. Were the rumors true, was the guy really a one hit wonder after all?

Word had gotten back to Gene about how the boy bested a Senju in combat and he wanted to see just how he did it. Looking at him now well...he would have been hard pressed to say he saw the same motivation. Perhaps he needed to push a little harder.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Return to “Fire Country”