- - Mission - - Another day at the academy

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:18 pm

The sun began to rise in the sapphire sky as the new day began. A lone chuunin sensei stepped through the open door that lead into the main building that was the academy and smiled. Another day was about to begin. It was this man’s charge to greet the students as they arrived, ready for another day of school. He loved this part of the day. He was privileged, in his opinion, to be able to welcome the students and to start their days off with a smile from their sensei.

As the students began to arrive, he welcomed them all, calling them by name, and drawing a smile from many of them. This day was a special one, and each of them knew it. This was the day that the students would be instructed by a ninja who had been in the field for a length of time, knowing what real missions looked and felt like.

The ninja had been informed of his mission the day prior, and was to meet with the sensei of the class before he began his instruction. The man whom he was to meet was none other than he who stood at the door, greeting students. He would direct the ninja to his room upon his arrival.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Tobi had awoken with a knotted stomach and a sense of uneasiness blanketing him. He knew that he had places to be and things to do, and not a single inch of him was looking forward to it.

Only fading slightly as his mind woke up a little, the sleep was rubbed from his eyes and the growling of his stomach was quelled and he was ready to go.

"I'll be back later, Mom," Tobi called, lingering on the spot for her response. She glanced at him from the kitchen only to wave him away without a word, and with that, Tobi was out the door and on his way to the academy to take care of that day's buisness.

The day was bright and welcoming, and so was the man that Tobi could see greeting students that entered the building that he was quickly approaching. The chuunin hesitated for only a moment before nervously approaching the man and casting a small smile at him.

"I was supposed to meet one of the sensei here before instructing a class. I don't suppose you'd know where I'm to meet them, do you?" Tobi had yet to realize he was already speaking to the sensei in question, which would only embarrass the shinobi when he noticed his mistake.
Characters
RankCharacterVillageCompanionsSocialsMissions
B-Rank Missing-ninMiyamoto RikuKonohagakure no SatoN/A1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 71, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 am

The chuunin greeted the nervous ninja with a smile and a light bow before introducing himself and leading him within the room where he would find a group of children. The children were all second year students, and had all been looking forward to this day. This was the day that they would learn their first jutsu.

There were five children that he the ninja was supposed to instruct, each seeming quite unique when compared to the rest. There were three boys and two girls in the class, and all seemed intelligent. The first boy wore glasses, and had eye-length hair. One his desk were three neatly-stacked books, Ninjutsu 101 being on the top. Also on the boy’s desk were his elbows as he supported his drooping head with his hands.

The second boy also wore glasses, but his black hair was cut short. On his desk were a spiral bound notebook, opened to the first page, and a mechanical pencil. He sat in his seat completely relaxed, with his arms across his abdomen.

The final boy was quite large compared to the smaller two boys, and was currently drawing a picture of a sailboat on a single sheet of notebook paper. He had only briefly glanced up when the two had entered the room.

The two girls sat side by side. One had blue hair, the other pink. With this exception, however, they were identical to the eye. They both wore the same clothing, and sat quite similarly in their seats. They each had a pencil and a small notebook on their desk, and were talking softly to each other, giggling as they did.

“Well, if you have no questions,” The instructor said to the ninja, “Then I will be on my way.”

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 am

"N-no, no questions," Tobi choked out.

Stepping into a room of any number of children wasn't Tobi's idea of a good morning, and although he was pained to see the instructor leave, he could do nothing but stand and smile weakly at the children to his front.

"So..." he began awkwardly, his eyes scanning the patrons. None of them looked like they'd cause him much trouble, be he had enough experience with academy students by now that he didn't have it in him to underestimate them.

"Alright. I figure you guys know what I'm here today to do. I'm going to teach you your first jutsu." He paused for a moment, looking quite unsure of how he should approach his lesson. It only seemed natural that he should draw upon his own academy experience.

"What do you know about Henge no Jutsu? Anyone?"
Characters
B-Rank Missing-ninMiyamoto RikuKonohagakure no SatoN/A1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 71, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 am

The children all sat straight up in their seats the moment the ninja spoke. All talking ceased, and all eyes were on him. The students were obviously excited to learn their first jutsu.

A hand shot up. The first of the three boys. Without waiting to be called on he began speaking. “Henge no jutsu, also known as the transformation technique, is a basic ninjutsu technique utilized for the purpose of deception. The jutsu makes the user appear to be something or someone different from who they are. Although it is similar to a genjutsu in effect, Henge no jutsu does not require a trigger, and affects everyone, and has, therefore, been labeled ninjutsu.” He smiled and sat down, obviously pleased with himself. He looked like the kind of nerdy kid that got his lunch money taken just for the fun of it.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 am

Clearing his throat after the surprising and lengthy reply from the boy, Tobi nodded a few times to assure him that he was right.

"Very good. Although simple, the Transformation Technique is one of the foundation techniques that we shinobi have relied on for many, many generations." With his eyes shifting between each child, Tobi took a step back and raised his hands. He suspended them in the first seal to make sure he had the attention of all five students, actively working to raise their excitement through anticipation.

"This technique is deceptive and can look very real, but you must remember that it's entirely superficial. Let me show you." Completing the seals, Tobi performed the jutsu, taking on the appearance of the students' sensei.

"Although I look like him, and could act like him, you can see that my voice is not the same. Experienced shinobi often see through a disguise like this very quickly, but it's not without its merits. Even if it's just the outer appearance, imagine if you walked into a room and saw this."

To demonstrate his point, Tobi performed the seals again, turning himself into a vicious-looking bear.

"But... as you can see, I retain my height and I'm not nearly as thick as a real bear might be." In a puff of smoke, the chuunin returned to his original state.

"Anyone who can tell me everything I just went over gets to have the first go at learning it."
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:53 am

The moment Tobika opened his mouth to speak, the sounds of pencils scratching on paper echoed through the room. Each student, save for the third boy, who continued to draw, began writing down the man’s definition of the simple technique and its applications. They then wrote down the hand signs used to activate the technique. They seemed to understand the technique so far.

The students all watched as the man changed to look like their sensei, and then to look like a bear. The third boy seemed to be listening, but almost fell out of his seat in fright when he looked up to see a bear in the middle of the classroom.

When the ninja asked for a volunteer, the first boy’s hand shot up. He was obviously eager to succeed. The second boy raised his hand, but was not nearly as enthusiastic about it. The third boy was still recovering from the frightful thing he had just seen, and the two girls simply sat. Their eyes said that they knew the answers, but they seemed to be content to watch for the present.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:14 am

A small smile grazed the chuunin's features as he noticed the third boy's antics weren't quite as discrete as the other children. The first two boys were clearly at attention, and judging by the way the girls were focused, they too were soaking up what he had said. This child, however, seemed to be only partially absorbed in what was happening.

"You there," Tobi said, pointing to the boy in question.

"Forget what I said. You're first." Knowing that speaking wasn't getting through, Tobi adjusted his methods to accommodate the issue and to resolve it through hands-on involvement.

"I want you to follow what I do very closely." Standing up straight and drawing a deep breath, Tobi poised his hands in the first seal, and then slowly went through the couple after it.

"As you move through the handseals, envision what you wish to become. Your chakra will do the rest." Beckoning the child forward, Tobi took a step aside and gestured to the spot next to him.

"Come along, give it a try."
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm

The third boy took a moment to regain his composure once he realized that the ninja was talking to him. His heart sunk in his chest as he stood up and strode forward.

The first boy was almost as disappointed as the third boy was. He was so eager to learn the jutsu so he could use it not only in the field when he became a ninja, but also for pranks on students and teachers. His enthusiasm deflated, however, as the third boy was chosen to go first.

As the third boy tried to successfully follow the movements, he frowned. It was not going well. He had not paid attention in the class on molding chakra, and had no clue how to do so. It also seemed like his hand seals were not correct in form, and he had trouble moving from one to the next.

In truth, he was the type of kid the thrived on hiding within a sea of students in the classroom. He was used to cramming for tests, and going last when demonstrations were required so that he could try and replicate what his class mated did. Going first was the last thing he had wanted to do.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Recognizing his struggle, Tobi was glad he had called him out. He seemed like he needed the help.

"Take it slowly. It might look simple, but there's more to it than meets the eye. I wasn't any better when I tried it the first time, either." A warm smile crossed Tobi's lips and he started to go over the handseals again.

"Remember, it's not a race. If you can't do them quickly, do them slowly and make sure your form is proper. While you're doing them, make sure you're molding your chakra. It's sort of like... well, it needs to feel natural." Tobi scratched his head, finding himself genuinely stumped on how to explain the process of molding chakra. He knew how to do it, but that was about it. It would be a pain explaining it from scratch.

"Well, try getting the handseals down first. Remember, do it slowly. Until you have the hang of it."
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:14 pm

TThe boy genuinely tried to pay attention. The last thing he wanted was to look bad in front of his piers, but try as he might, it was simply too much at once. Not that the ninja was doing a poor job of explaining the process, it was just that after skimping for so long, he was having trouble comprehending what was going on. He did as the ninja instructed, however, and tried going through the handseals slowly, wanting nothing more than to succeed and be seated.

The reactions of the children who were still seated were mixed, but of them, the first boy seemed to be enjoying the fact that his classmate was having a difficult time. The second boy seemed idiferent to the boy's plight, but was paying attention as the ninja instructed him so that he could do better when his time came.

The girls seemed to find the events funny, but were doing their best not to laugh for fear of upsetting their sensei.

The boy finally got the hand seals right, dispite the chuckles from the first boy, and seemed to be proud at his improvement. He moved through the seals once or twice more before looking up at the ninja, ready for the next step.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Before remarking on the boy's success, Tobi cast a glare at the first boy, embodying any scolding he could have given verbally.

"That was good!" Tobi exclaimed, an encouraging smile spreading his lips. He was happy that the boy had gotten the handseals, though now came the tricky part of actually having him perform the technique.

"Now that you've gotten the handseals, all you need to do is really focus on what you want to become. I promise you, if you really focus on it, and you really want to take on that appearance, you'll be surprised what you're body will respond with." It was the easiest explanation he could give. When he learned the technique, his sensei had told him the same thing. At the time, Tobi had been so focused on what he wanted to change into, his body subconsciously molded the chakra for him. He could only hope the same would happen for this boy, and if not, well... surely there was some other approach.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

The first boy shrunk into his seat. He received the word loud and clear. He still sneered, but at least he stopped laughing at the boy.'

The third boy, however, was doing anything but shrinking. He was actually becoming confident. He nodded in determination as he made the hand seals, closing his eyes tightly in an attempt to remove all distractions. His hands came together to make the seals, which were sloppy, but sufficient, and he thought of what he wanted to turn into.

Finally, a puff of smoke appeared as the boy's body transformed into that of Tobi. He cracked an eye to see if it had worked, looking to Tobi for confirmation. Before the ninja could say anything, however, the first boy burst out laughing. "Hahaha, he gave himself a tail!" He said, gripping his stomach in mirth. "You're such a failure!" He said, still laughing.

The boy looked behind himself to discover that he had, indeed given himself a tail. He couldn't feel it there, but attributed the mistake to fleetingly thinking of his dog back home while he was trying to transform. His face turned beet red as he dispelled the technique, smacking himself in the head for being such an idiot. He was obviously focused more on the fact that a small portion of his attempt had failed, and not on the fact that he had pulled the rest off well.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Another glare was cast in the direction of the first boy before Tobi went to comfort the third's wounded spirits.

"Don't worry about it. The first time I tried, I ended up as a half tree, half person mutant. I got laughed at too, and as bad as it made me feel, I still kept on trying until I got it. You did a fine job. Just don't give up, even if some people don't appreciate your efforts." Tobi gestured for the boy to take a seat and beckoned for the first boy to approach.

"You seem to know an awful lot about these kinds of things. You're eager, but quick to judge. Now come up here. It's your turn to be judged." Tobi planned to give no additional help to this child. Something told him that he was all bark and no bite, and as much as he hoped he'd be proven wrong, he wanted this boy to suffer some embarrassment. Without humility, he wouldn't get very far.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 pm

The third boy nodded in despair as he returned to his seat, defeated. The words of the ninja had helped on a small scale, but the words of the first boy cut deep into his confidence. The first thing he d upon returning to his desk was to take the paper he had been drawing on and putting it under his desk. He was happy to be out of the lime light, and was ready to begin paying more attention, and what better time to begin doing so than when his tormentor was about to make a fool of himself?

The first boy strode to the front of the class with confidence and began to perform the technique without waiting for the ninja to say a word. A flowed through the signs fluidly as he performed the technique. He had practiced the transition a hundred times so that he would be prepared for when this day came. His preparation payed off. With a puff of smoke the boy transformed into a replica of the third boy. There seemed to be nothing wrong with his form, and he made a face at the large boy before dispelling the image and returning to his seat, smiling in triumph.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Barely able to utter a word of congratulations to the first boy for his success, Tobi frowned a little.

"Alright. Go and sit down. Who's next? Hm." Eying the remaining students, Tobi called upon the second boy. He had a little trouble understanding this child, as he seemed to be as attentive as the first boy, yet slightly less eager, and maybe less capable.

"How about you? Come on up and show me what you've learned." Smiling warmly once again, Tobi encouraged him to come forth and show the other students what he could do.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Without a word, the boy stood to his feet, set his pencil on his desk, and walked forward. He stood next to Tobi, preparing himself to perform the jutsu.

"What would you like me to imitate, sir?" He asked inquizitively. He seemed to be quite intelligent just by the way he handled himself, and seemed much more respectful than the first boy. He began forming the handseals, moving through them slowly, focusing on form more than speed, and formed his chakra while he waited for response from Tobi as to what he should transform into.

The third boy watched intently as the boy did as he was instructed, sure that he would succede. Of all those present, Tobi excluded, of course, the second boy was the most intelligent, and also had an admirable work ethic. He rarely failed at anything he did.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:07 pm

"How about you imitate your closest friend?" Tobi replied, making sure to make it interesting, but not too creative. He was quite pleased with how this boy handled himself. His collected, able-bodied self was quite the dominant presence and Tobi watched with utmost interest as he went through the handseals.

"Your form is exact, and your speed is a good, steady pace. I'm impressed already," the chuunin praised. Catching the gaze of the third boy, Tobi could see the intentness in his eyes as he watched the second boy, which only raised Tobi's own hopes that the student at hand would succeed swiftly, smoothly and without the pompous attitude that the first had showed.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 am

The boy nodded briefly before finishing the technique. He even mannaged to do so without the puff of smoke. There stood one of the boy's friends. Tobi would not know that the immage was exact, because he had not seen the boy before, but the technique was exicuted almost flawlessly. Instead of dispelling it immediately as the first boy had, however, he held his form, waititng for Tobi to correct him if correction was appropriate.

The boy recieved a thumbs up from the third boy, and a brief clap from both girls, accompanied by smiles. The boy already knew, or at the very least was confident in the fact that he had not made a mistake, but he decided to wait for the go ahead from Tobi before taking his seat.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 am

Despite the fact that Tobi immediately uttered a compliment for the boy's work, he had a feeling that it was unnecessary. He looked composed and sure of his technique, but humble enough not to gloat after its flawless execution. It was a pleasant surprise for Tobi, for as he knew it, this student had all the things one would look for in a great shinobi.

"Very well done. People could really learn from your ability. You can sit down now." Entirely pleased, he hoped that the girls he was about to call on could show some of the same discipline and skill as the second boy.

"Alright, girls. You get to do this one together. I want you to try this, but you cannot turn into each other." Tobi stressed his point. A simple change of hair color wouldn't satisfy him.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:43 am

The firsst boy rolled his eyes when the third boy was praised. He put his elbow on the desk, and glared forward, trying to appear bored and above this lesson.

The second boy returned to his seat, recieving a high five from the third boy. The two obviously had some sort of friendship going on.

The girls seemed to be overjoyed at the fact that they didn't have to stand in front of the class alone, and both practically skipped to the front of the room. They both talked eachother through the entire process, trying to help fill in the blanks if the other missed something. They had laughed at the fact that they could not change into eachother, but abided by the rule.

After moving through the seals with some trouble, they each pulled them off, and a puff of smoke appeared, followd by another. When the smoke cleared, they had both turned into Tobi. They looked at eachother, then looked at Tobi. Seeing the technique worked, the two embraced with a squeel, each congratulating the other for her success. They dispelled the technique and looked up to Tobi for correction as they had seen the secnd boy do.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:12 am

Chuckling a little at how energetic and high-key the girls were, Tobi was quite pleased with their transformation. Though, he was a little put off by there being three of him standing in the same room, but that was out of the sheer weirdness of it all.

"Nicely done! It was good, though try to work on your seals. You have it down, but being skilled at both parts of the execution is important too." With a smile, Tobi dismissed the girls and thought briefly about what he was to teach next. He knew he had only been instructed to teach one jutsu, but he was genuinely curious about what they could accomplish with other techniques as well.

"Since you all did so well and made quick work of learning the Transformation Technique, I'm going to throw in a few extra lessons as a bonus."

Reaching into his pocket, Tobi pulled out a roll of tags that looked much like exploding tags. As he hadn't known what he was going to teach the kids that day, he had come prepared for whatever he had chosen.

"These are dud tags. They look like exploding tags, but if you were to activate them, they'll just disappear in a puff of smoke. I'm going to teach you how to activate tags from afar. I will set up three tags for each of you. One close, one a little farther away, and one on the other side of the room. You will each stand next to each other along the front of the class. We will be doing this one together after I instruct you on how, and anyone that needs help just has to ask."

Before moving on, Tobi went on to explain which handseal was used to activate the tag, and how it was important that the user had chakra imbued into it or else the tag would be unable to activate.

"Alright, now I need you to all come up here, take three tags, and put a little of your own chakra into each of them. Once you've done that, give them back to me."
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:29 am

In a similar show of enthusiasm to what they had shown the first time, all five students walked up to where Tobi stood. The troublesome boy was first in line, and took three of the tags. He seemed to know how to infuse his chakra into the tags, and did so, followed by the second boy, then the girls. The third boy was last in line, and when all the other students had returned to their seats, he remained. He did not want to look like a fool in front of the class as he did before, but he had a problem.

“He doesn’t know how to use chakra.” The first boy spat. “That’s whatcha get for doodling in class, ya moron.” This time the second boy, who was only a single seat away from the first, reached out and struck the boy in his chest. “And you don’t know how to use your brain. Shut up.” He said, more than slightly miffed at the boy’s lack of respect.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:44 am

Tobi blinked a few times, surprised at the second boy's assertion. As much as he wanted to praise the boy for sticking up for his friend, he had to take a neutral approach.

"Alright, everyone settle down." Tobi turned his attention to the third boy, crouching down to be eye level with him.

"It's alright. Let's see if we can figure this out." Taking a tag, Tobi decided to show by example.

"When I hold the tag, I focus on it just like how I would when doing the transformation technique. In this case though, I focus on putting a little bit of my chakra into the tag. You just have to really want it to happen. Chakra is inside you, so it responds to what you want to do. Go ahead and try it for yourself."
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:31 am

The boy nodded once again, trying to push the first boy’s words from his mind. He gripped one of the tags that was presented to him and tried to focus on what he wanted it to do. He wasn’t actually all that sure of what he wanted to do, though. He thought back through the instruction that Tobi had given, and figured he might as well try. He did his best to put his chakra into the tags, but wasn’t sure if he was doing it right. He decided that he had done all that he could, and just hoped he had done it right. He shrugged and walked away, returning to his seat after giving the tags back.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:42 am

Tobi smiled, but he prepared himself to help the boy again when it came time to activate the tags. If he hadn't put in his chakra properly, chances were the tags wouldn't activate properly when it came time to try it.

Once he had collected all the tags, he tagged each with a number corresponding to one of the children and began to set them up just as he said he would. When he finished, he called the students forward to assume their positions in front of each set of tags. He made sure to let them know which number they were so they could find their first tag, which would be sitting only a few inches from their feet.

"Alright. Once you're ready, I want to you to do as I did. If you do it properly, it should look like this." Targeting a tag he set up across the room that was imbued with his own chakra, Tobi made the correct seal, causing the tag to disappear in a plume of smoke.

"If anyone has trouble, I'm right here." He hovered closely between the second and third boy while keeping an eye on the first.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 am

The five students all took their possitions and began to try and immitate what they had seen Tobi do. The first tag to go up was the one belonging to the blue haired girl. She leaped up and down in excitement, recieving a high five from her sister before she decided to try and move onto the next tag. This one took a little bit longer. Her sister soon accomplished the task, and received similar praise from the girl.

The second boy was the next to accomplish the task,, followed by the third boy, who was astonished to see that he had succeded.

The first boy, however, seemed to be at the end of his expertese. He had not counted on learning this jutsu until later, so he had not practiced the components. It was showing. He blushed in frustration as he tried again and again to activate the tag with no success.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:43 am

Keeping a watchful eye on the first boy, Tobi smirked a little. He wasn't taking pleasure in his frustration, but chances were he was too proud (or stubborn) to ask for help. Nonetheless, the chuunin waited patiently for the first boy to approach while he busied himself with handing out praise to the other children. He was particularly glad that the third boy was making progress, which was one less projected problem he would have to deal with.

After watching the first boy struggle a little more, Tobi sighed and stepped up beside him.

"Need some help?" he asked, doing his best to be encouraging. It baffled him that the boy couldn't get it, seeing as though this was arguably more simple than the technique they learned prior to this one. Tobi scored one up for Karma while waiting for the boy's reply.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 pm

As time passed, the first boy's face grew redder still with frustration, as his classmates continued to succede. He refused help with a vigorous shake of his head as he retreated to his desk and began flipping through his ninjutsu book furiously, trying to find the cause of his failure. In his eyes, his reputation was on the line. In reality, everyone already hated him.

He found the page he desired, and read over it twice before returning to try again. He pushed up his glasses and made the seal again, trying to get the thing to go off. He finally bent to reinfuse chakra into the tag before trying again, finally succeding.

By this time, all but the third boy had succeded in setting off the tags that were farther away, and just a moment after the first boy's first tag poofed, so did the third boy's second tag. Each of them were happy with their success, save for the first boy.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:59 pm

"You're doing alright... just take it slowly. Not everyone's a pro the first time they try something," Tobi said encouragingly. As awful as this child was, he deserved to succeed just as much as the others.

"There you go. You got the first to go off. Just calm down, focus, and then try the second." Tobi smiled softly, passing a brief gaze at the third boy. He could see a genuine appreciation for the small success he had achieved, and the chuunin wished the first boy could share the same enthusiasm.

"Keep on working at it," he mentioned to the third boy. "You're doing great so far."

As he stood and waited patiently for the remaining two boys to finish, he idly pondered what he'd teach them next. He wanted to instill one last bit of his jutsu knowledge into each before he was finished for the day
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 pm

When the second boy and the girls had finished succesfully, they moved to watch the third boy in an attempt to support him. They knew he had been a slacker of sorts fr a while, but it seemed like he genuinely wanted to do better, and when the final tag went off they all cheered for him.

The first boy, however, was taking a bit longer. He seemed to be getting it now, but it was taking him a while to adjust to the third tag. When he finally got it, no one cheered. He didn't even look happy for his own success. He just looked angry.

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 pm

It was a slight shame that the first boy was so shunned by his peers, yet Tobi could fully understand the cause. He did nothing but push them away with rude insults and cruel methods of crushing dreams, and no one wanted to celebrate the successes of a person like that. Tobi could show no empathy, but he did pity him enough to give his own praise.

"Very good. Seems like you've got the hang of it after all," he said to the first boy. After everyone had finished, Tobi stepped to the front of the group and smiled.

"Alright, now that we're done with that, I've got one last thing I want to teach you all. The Clone Technique is much like the Transformation Technique in its form, except its effects are different. Using it, you will be able to create a clone of yourself. The clone is without substance, so it won't be able to talk to you or do much but provide a distraction, but it's really handy."

Finishing his explanation with a display, Tobi performed the handseals for the technique slowly, and when he was done, a clone of himself appeared next to him.

"Looks pretty real, huh? Like I said, though, they don't have any substance, so..." To demonstrate, Tobi swung a punch at the clone, causing it to disappear in a puff of smoke.

"Remember to keep your focus and make sure your form is proper. You can all try this one at the same time. When I'm seeing doubles, I'll know you've got it down. If you have any questions, I'm right here." As he mentioned the last bit, he made sure to make eye contact with the first boy.
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 pm

The first boy flashed a brief smile at the praise, but it vanished almost as fast as it appeared.

With such a firm understanding and foundation built from the instruction of the transformation tchnichue, not a single one of the students required even the slightest bit of extra guidance. The twins even found a way to make the second look like the first with the transformation technique so that there were four of the first. It was quite an odd sight, and the originals giggled at the joke.

The boys were all able to get the technique to produce a replica on the first try, lifting the spirits of both the first and the second boys.

Just then, the chuunin from that morning came in to check on things and almost fell over himself. "No fighting? You actually got them to do what you wanted? Woah, that's weird." He said when he saw the four replicas of the first girl. It was quite a humerous scene to behold.

The chuunin recovered quickly, dispite himself, and walked up to Tobi, offering his hand. "You got done sooner than any of the other classes. Well done. I assume you taught them the clone technique?"

Mortalvis

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Tobi couldn't help but laugh.

"Actually, I taught them the Clone Technique and the Transformation Technique, as well as how to activate exploding tags from a distance." Tobi smiled at each of the students, pleased with their progress.

"They all worked hard and in the end, each was successful in all the tasks I handed to them. I'm very impressed by your students," he cooed, taking the man's hand and giving it a shake.

"Thank you for having me. I had a good time."
Characters

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:40 pm

The chuunin smiled back, and moved to gather a stack of papers on his desk.

"Now, class, return to your seats. Since you all did so well today, we will have plenty of time to tackle the lesson I had planned for tomorrow. We will be learning about the incredible tactics used by the second tsuchikage while he was still the general of the Iwagakure militia." The students groaned as one as they returned to their seats, knowing that argument was useless.

[Mission: Success]
[Additional Objectives: Success]

Return to “Rock Country”