[Plotboard] Flock Together

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

A hawk's screech brought the two Akari clan members back to reality as its originator swooped down and dropped a scroll before the avian returned to where it had came.

Akari, Tatsuo reached out and grabbed the scroll from mid air before untying the small string sealing it. He read over the scroll for a solid minute before rolling it back up and placing it in his back pocket. "Well, if you're coming with me, I need you to pack up for a mission. I'll be heading back to my house now to gear up appropriately, I expect to see you at the gates ready to leave in about a half hour. I'll let you know what's going on and where we're going once we're outside of the Akari compound and the village." Tatsuo told his junior before he turned and left the training ground, giving a small wave to the Akari who had pretty much salivated over him.

The run back to his home was quite short and left Tatsuo with litltle time to think a plan through for this mission. The Akari who had fled the village was recently spotted in a small farmer's village a couple miles from Iwagakure. The intel had suggested the Akari was taking a break from his escape and was attempting to find a place to lay low but unfortunately for him, it wouldn't be enough.

#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Kao

Post by Kao » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:22 am

Wordlessly, Kotaru nodded and watched his cousin retreat from the training grounds. He had never been on a mission outside of the village and he wasn't sure how long they would be away, so he wasn't sure what to take with him. Packing lightly was likely the wisest option. The walk home was brief enough, and it gave him time to decide that he probably didn't need to take anything more than what he normally carried on his person. He crossed the threshold to his house and nearly ran into his father as he descended the stairs. The man stood at a stocky five foot six, lean without much muscle. With his dark blond hair and hard features, he looked almost nothing like his son. His green eyes were so dark they were almost black, and they dug into Kotaru like knives. When father and son made eye contact, Kotaru felt a jolt through his body from his chest down to his fingertips. It could have been hatred or it could have been fear. The boy wasn't sure what he felt, but whatever the feeling was it was wholly unpleasant to the genin.

Kotaru paused to let his father pass, and the two walked by each other without a word. Such was the nature of their relationship. Normally the man wouldn't even look in his son's direction if they were in the same room. Their gazes met only by chance, and the man had broken it as if it had never happened. Kotaru had been all but neglected since he was four and was used to such treatment, so he thought nothing of it as he went to his room to gather his weapons and jacket.

With only a few minutes left before his designated meeting time with Tatsuo, the genin rushed to the kitchen intending to grab some food to have something to eat on the way. Both of his parents were seated at the kitchen table, and their heads turned toward him when he walked in. Kotaru paused, a startled deer. Their coordinated look in his direction was more attention than he usually got in a week from them. A hiss hung in the air as if they had just been whispering, and their hands and shoulders visibly tensed. The boy was suddenly irritated. Had they been talking about him?

He slung random snacks into his knapsack, feeling their eyes on him the entire time. With his back still turned to them he spat, "I'll be gone for a few days." As soon as he said it, he questioned why he did. The two former chuunin never took any interest in him and never seemed to notice when he didn't come home. In fact, they hadn't even asked where he had been when he snuck off to Fur Country and was gone for weeks.

Surprisingly his father asked, "Where are you going?" There was no concern in his voice, and it was closer to a demand than a question.

"I have a mission outside of the village."

"With who?" This time it was his mother who spoke. The woman had the same teal hair and bright eyes as her son, though her features were not nearly as soft and feminine as Kotaru's. She resembled her husband in sturdiness and steel-like gaze.

"A friend. I'm gonna be late." With that, he left without the typical polite valediction a son owed his parents. They had never done anything to earn it.

When he arrived at the village gate, his mood was noticeably sour with irritation and frustration. He fully intended to take out his foul mood on the rogue clan member he would soon be hunting.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Tatsuo burst through the door of his home, expecting to be greeted by the other members of his family but instead found himself a note left on the table. He picked up a scrap of paper and read it over, hoping that there would be no bad news attached to it.

'Gone shopping, your father is out on business, siblings are out training somewhere'

Tatsuo nodded to no one in particular and placed down the note before moving to a drawer. He shuffled through it, looking for a writing utensil so that he could leave his own note for his family. Finally finding one, the young chuunin drew a large arrow on the bottom of the already-written on site before flipping it over and leaving his own message for them.

'Mission, hunting down a rogue Akari, taking a genin with me, be back hopefully soon'

Tatsuo placed the note down before he started towards his room to grab his pack and begin filling it. Several pairs of military-rolled clothes were stuffed into his knapsack, each being heavy enough to help him combat the cold of the wastelands surrounding Iwagakure. Tatsuo moved from his room to the kitchen where he placed his bag on the counter before rifling through the cabinets and loading up on ration packs. The young Akari paused for a moment before deciding it would be a good idea to bring a surplus of them as he doubted his companion was used to missions outside of the village which could take a while.

Feeling his packing was done, Tatsuo took inventory of himself and his knapsack before nodding and then slinging it over his shoulder and taking off towards the gates. Upon his arrival, he looked around and did not notice Kotaru there yet so he placed down his bag and sat cross-legged against it. He closed his eyes in an effort to meditate a small amount but soon after the sound of crunching dirt and gravel made it apparent the younger Akari had arrived.

Tatsuo opened his eyes and grinned at the kid although it seemed his mood had shifted since he had last seen him thirty minutes ago. "Alright, let's get a move on." He stood up and dusted himself off before turning to the gates and presenting the mission scroll to the guard who waved them through and into the wastelands of Rock Country.

The two Akari members would walk a decent distance from the gate before Tatsuo held his hand up in a gesture to stop.

"Okay, this is far enough." Tatsuo muttered to himself before he performed some hand seals and closed his eyes. His chakra spread around the area, although Kotaru would be unable to feel it, and let him know there was no one or thing following them from the village. Tatsuo dropped the jutsu before looking at Kotaru to begin his explanation.

"Sensor jutsu, making sure we weren't being follow by anything." He started and began to walk again, motioning Kotaru to follow. "So the Akari we're chasing is a chuunin. Means it'll be simple enough but I'll be doing the majority of the fighting while you'll be my support. For now, we first need to find him. The mission intel mentioned him being sighted in a small town a couple miles out. Apparently his condition wasn't too great but it wasn't bad either. He'll be attempting to gather his strength before he makes a break for the border. Any questions?" Tatsuo finished before he looked back at the kid to make sure he got everything.
SpoilerShow
*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Ninjutsu/Control/Instinct stats of 10
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 25 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of 10 feet. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Kotaru followed slightly behind Tatsuo with dragging feet and hunched shoulders, his lips dipped down in a frown. He didn't feel like talking, and he was grateful that Tatsuo didn't seem like the type to engage in useless small talk. It gave the genin time to clear his head of what had happened with his parents: their whispering, the strange look they'd shot him. The boy was uneasy, and understandably so, as the Akari were notorious for violence within families, even households. But for the time being, the genin needed to forget about them like he normally did and instead focus on the task ahead. His mind would have to be focused if he was going to successfully assist Tatsuo in killing one of their own and devour his shiin organs.

As the day went on, the sky became thick with clouds, and by the time Tatsuo stopped and performed a jutsu, the sky above was overcast and grey, and the air had cooled quite a bit. The genin shoved his hands into his jacket pockets to keep them warm and listened to the his cousin, though he only barely heard the beginning of the explanation. "Yeah," he mumbled after having caught the end of Tatsuo's statement. "Do you know the guy? And what kind of shiin he has?"

Before that moment, he hadn't thought of exactly what kind of shiin would be useful to him. He had been uncharacteristically impulsive and agreeable when Tatsuo first suggested he tagged along. The prospect of becoming stronger was enough motivation to tag along, but in hindsight he hadn't planned anything out at all. In fact, compared to Tatsuo and his heavy knapsack full of provisions, Kotaru was woefully unprepared and empty-handed.

The boy scoffed at himself and added, "I didn't really think any of this through."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 pm

"No idea who he is or what he has. But, if he's anything like the normal profile of those Akari who defect, he'll be carrying a phasmashiin. Also known as one of the few I don't have in my collection." Tatsuo replied to his junior, shrugging in an effort to convey his lack of knowledge to him. The weather around them had started to drop in temperature as they continued on their trek throughout the day. Iwagakure was normally cool but the wastelands were much different as they lacked the minute amount of warmth the village created. "Heh, if he has a phasmashiin that just means it'll be even easier to take him out. Those things can get pretty heavy depending on what they're manifested as. However, he might just have some mela or temershiin. I really doubt he'll have something as rare as a dergoshiin."

Tatsuo glanced back at his companion and smiled after he turned to face forward again. It seemed he had been correct in assuming the genin would be a tad bit under supplied for this journey. "Yeah, I expected as much. Just be glad you weren't out here alone." Tatsuo snickered as he shrugged off one of his knapsacks straps and swung it around and into his arms. Tatsuo fiddled with the bag as he continued to walk towards the village in which the other Akari had last been seen. With a grunt, Tatsuo pulled out a heavy, long sleeved, dark blue sweatshirt which had been rolled tightly to save space. He tossed the piece of clothing to the younger Akari. "Put that on, you'll feel much warmer afterwards." Tatsuo chuckled as he closed up his pack and reslung it over his shoulder.

"Just be glad we'll be hitting a small town in our search, we can restock there if need be. Be sure to hide any affiliation we have with Iwa once we reach the town limits though, we don't need any bandits or raiders seeing us and thinking it'd be a good idea to try something. The less causalities, the better." Tatsuo finished before flipping his belt buckle to hide the symbol of Iwa carved into the metal.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Kotaru huffed at the mention of phasmashiin. Those types never interested him much, and if the missing Akari had that type he would probably let Tatsuo have it. It seemed troublesome to have to have something so heavy and lug it around in battle. The boy shrugged it off, but he didn't miss the fact that Tatsuo described his shiin as a collection. If he wasn't able to devour a new shiin, Kotaru at least hoped he would see what else his cousin had in his arsenal.

He caught the sweatshirt in one hand, and when he unfolded it and held it up to his chest it found that it was at least two sizes too big. Of course it would be. Tatsuo had no reason to have extra clothes in Kotaru's size, and the younger Akari was lucky he had something for him at all. With a stifled sigh he put it on. The sleeves hung several inches past his fingertips, and it was long enough to reach nearly the middle of his thighs. "I can't wear this, I look fuckin' ridiculous." He rolled the sleeves up into cuffs so his hands could poke out, but the sweatshirt was still obviously way too big for him. Though he looked like a kid playing dress-up in his parent's clothes, it was admittedly warmer with the shirt on.

As he tried to fold up the oversized sweatshirt around his waist he said, "I don't really have anything symbolizing Iwa on me. All I have is the clan symbol on the back of my shoes, but it's tiny and I doubt anyone will notice."

The two continued on until they reached the village. It was a small village compared to Iwagakure, but it had a busy market and enough residents to create thick enough crowds that a runaway could potentially hide in. Unfortunately for their target, he was an Akari, and members of the clan had a tendency to stand out in a crowd no matter how hard they tried to blend in. Even the two pursuers - Tatsuo, with his red hair and vibrant, almost glowing violet eyes, and Kotaru, tiny with a naturally hostile green gaze - were noticeably different from the locals. They both had an air about them that suggested strength, which seemed to repel some of the locals; though it probably wasn't entirely on purpose, many of them kept a respectable distance away from them as they went about their business.

"We need to blend in," Kotaru murmured, "try to look normal." He turned his head as if he was looking at the various food stalls, but in reality he was scanning the crowd for anything - anyone - out of the ordinary. "What's this guy look like anyway? We need something to go by."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 am

Tatsuo's mouth blossomed into a wide grin as he watched the younger half of the duo put on the oversized sweatshirt. Usually the garment would fit him with no problem but it seemed Kotaru was just that small that it almost looked like a smock draped over the boy. At least he couldn't complain about being cold from and hopefully the positive gesture would help alleviate his mood from earlier.

"I bet all the girls in the village would think you're adorable if they had the chance to see you right now." Tatsuo laughed as he imagined his own sisters reaction to the image. "Just imagine how much worse you would have looked if you hadn't worked so hard in Fur."

The walk until the village limits wasn't long from that point on. It took a couple of hours but the small buildings soon came into sight and Kotaru brought up a valid point about looking less inconspicuous. Tatsuo undid the kunai holster around his leg and his lower pouch and stuffed them into his knapsack to make it look more like he was a traveler rather than a ninja.

"Well, we're Akari so we're always going to stand out a little bit in a place not familiar with us. Makes our appearance, and his, both really hard to forget. Some light and dark haired people here but no one besides us would have say, red or purple hair. We'll hit up the local shops and see if anyone has seen someone who stood out. My first guess would be the inn.

According to the scroll I got, kid had light blue hair with pink eyes. Meaning he should stick out like a sore thumb. Normal height, decently build for a chuunin of 20. Guess we know what we'll be asking around for."
Tatsuo raised his arm to chest level and pointed straight down the street at the single two story building in the area. The one building served as both the inn as the town as well as the general store being operated out of the back. He signaled the genin to follow him as he continued down the street after lowering his arm.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:08 pm

The young Akari nodded and followed Tatsuo's example by removing his leg pouch. Since the boy only had a small knapsack slung across his shoulders that was filled with snacks with him, he simply stuck it up the huge sweatshirt and placed it into one of his jacket pockets. His hip pouch was concealed by the folds of the huge sweatshirt, so he thankfully did not have to remove it completely to hide it.

The inn was relatively empty. Only a few patrons wandered here and there, and though the two boys got a few looks it was nothing compared to the attention they received earlier. One quick look around confirmed that their target wasn't in the lobby, but there was still a good chance he had made his way there. Kotaru could only hope that the guy was dumb enough to actually check into an inn and interact with people instead of keeping a lower profile.

Kotaru had never gone on a mission to gather information and he wasn't the best at talking to people, so he decided to let the more experienced Tatsuo take the reins. "Lead the way," the boy said as he gestured toward toward the front desk. "You're probably better at talking to people and being charming than I am." The two approached the two workers at the desk. One was a scruffy looking, bored looking young man, maybe in his 20s, and a young teenage girl with short blond hair and puffy cheeks. Kotaru lingered behind Tatsuo and tried to ignore the way the girl's cheeks flushed bright pink at the sight of them.

"Checking in?" the guy drawled without really looking at them. Kotaru's first impression was that this guy probably wouldn't be much help at all. If he barely looked up for the two of them, he probably had done the same thing if their target passed through. The girl, on the other hand, was at that boy-crazy age, and might have noticed something. Kotaru looked toward Tatsuo, wondering how the more experienced chuunin would handle this.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Tatsuo had been keeping an eye out since they had first wandered into the village. He was doing his best to attempt to get a lay of the land and some ideas of where he would personally hide if he needed to in this town. The layout of the small village was simple with one story homes dotting the area with other small shops littering the way. The only building which stood out was the inn combined with the general store but on the outskirts Tatsuo had seen what he believed to be a run down farm. For now, he’d file the information in the back of his head for use later.

“The info given to us lists the guy as around six foot with bright blue hair. Eye color is something like a bright pink, why the fuck are we all so weird looking?” Tatsuo told his companion, muttering the end and shaking his head as he thought about how his own hair and eyes could be used as identifiers. The two entered the inn foyer and Tatsuo quickly scanned over the area to see if anyone was even around.

Besides the two barmaids, there was no one in the foyer or seen bustling around the store front. Tatsuo looked over at Kotaru and grinned. They wouldn’t have to deal with any interlopers at this point and they’d be fine to ask questions without any outside hassles. He began his walk up to the counter and crossed his arms over the counter while leaning into it.

“Hey, I’m looking for a family member of mine. You may have seen him passing through here? Bright blue hair, a littttttle shorter than me, and really pink eyes.” Tatsuo asked with a smile, levying the question and smile at the girl because the boy seemed to be ignoring him as of now.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Kotaru raised his brows but said nothing. He didn't think it wise to tell strangers outright that they were looking for a family member, but maybe it was necessary to get straight to the point. The male receptionist looked up as Tatsuo spoke, but after giving the two shinobi a dismissive look he replied, "Haven't seen anyone with freakish hair and eyes besides you two. Besides, we're a professional establishment and don't just give out information about our customers. So, if you don't intend to check in then I suggest you leave." The rude receptionist pushed his stool away from the desk to stretch his arms and then told the girl beside him he was going on a break. "These punks better be outta here when I get back," he added before disappearing behind a well-concealed door directly behind the front desk.

The girl - Aimi, according to her name tag - looked at the Iwa shinobi apologetically. "Sorry about him, he's always like that." She looked around to make sure the man was gone, and then lowered her voice. "But...he's the owner's son and my manager and he means that."

While she spoke, Kotaru didn't take his eyes off the door that the guy had used to leave. The edges of it were barely visible and were easy to miss if you didn't know the door was there. He wondered why a simple inn would have a door like that, and if there were any more of them. The genin didn't think they were entirely on the wrong track by being there, but if no one at the inn was willing to give up information he thought they should probably keep moving.

The boy finally turned towards the girl and caught her gaze, and her entire face reddened. She started fumbling with her hands and Kotaru sighed, turning away to leave. They didn't have time to dawdle with someone unwilling to help. "Well, if you haven't seen him, guess we'll get going."

"W-wait!" She practically shouted at him, her voice shrill, and as soon as the words left her mouth and Kotaru turned to meet her gaze again, she looked as if she would break out in a nervous sweat. She swallowed thickly and rambled on, "I-I mean, uh...I saw someone, yesterday I think, with pink eyes. Couldn't see his hair cause he wore a hood, but we don't get many pink eyed folk out this way. Saw him poking around the general store at the back of the inn."

She gave a shy smile, but Kotaru just blinked at her as he processed the information. He swung his arms a bit and the too-long sleeves flapped cutely at his sides. The girl softly whimpered.

"What do you think? Sounds like he's a day or so ahead of us. Is it worth sticking around?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:23 am

Tatsuo's smile faded into a thin line as the rude man-child who attempted to make some sort of vague threat and focused on the much more helpful girl behind the counter. He waited silently until the man entered the backroom before refocusing on the girl. The Akari did not miss, however, how well hidden the door the manager had disappeared behind was. He spared a glance at Kotaru and saw how the younger Akari was staring at it himself.

"He's very rude, I just want to bring my baby brother back home safely. He and father had a disagreement and now he's trying to prove himself to father." Tatsuo responded to the girl, a large frown marring his face as the chuunin lied through his teeth before Kotaru spoke up and the girl's reaction mirrored the predicted response he had told Kotaru about before. He did look quite adorable in his current get-up.

"W-wait!...I-I mean, uh...I saw someone, yesterday I think, with pink eyes. Couldn't see his hair cause he wore a hood, but we don't get many pink eyed folk out this way. Saw him poking around the general store at the back of the inn."

Tatsuo gave the girl a small smile as he turned to Kotaru and patted him on the head. "We'll look through there for a bit before we move on. Sounds like he was trying to get some food." He told Kotaru before turning back to the girl and bowed before heading into the general store section of the inn.

Tatsuo looked around the area for a moment to make sure no one was listening in before he began his spiel to Kotaru. "Okay, so first of all, the shit head manager is fishy. His attitude in general plus that door? The building definitely has more to it than we can see. I remember seeing some old, dilapidated shacks when we first walked into the village. I say we check out this store for a moment before we begin searching through the shacks." Tatsuo told his companion as he began to browse through some of the items on the shelves of the store.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:23 am

"Sure, sounds fine," he responded, despite his feeling that they were wasting their time in the store. The contents of the store didn't interest him much and he was starting to feel antsy about letting their target get further away from them. But the young genin didn't think it necessary to say so, so he wandered away from Tatsuo and walked up and down the aisles. His only concern was finding this guy, and after checking each aisle it was clear that their target wasn't hanging around the store. He waited for Tatsuo to finish pretending to shop, and then the two Akari made their way to the aforementioned shacks at the outskirts of the village. On their way out, Kotaru noticed Aimi shoot him a look. Her expression was almost pained with a hint of nervousness, and he briefly wondered what it meant before he shrugged it off and headed to their new destination.

The shacks were a ways off from the rest of the village, hidden by trees and overgrown bushes. There were four total, the smallest three arranged in a triangle with the largest in the middle. Kotaru naturally wanted to head to the largest shack first, but he instead began walking to the one on the far left. "You should use your sensory jutsu to make sure we're alone here," Kotaru suggested as he slowly made his way to the shack. "I'm gonna check this one out. Maybe you should look through another one. And if I run into something.... Well, you'll know."

The door was hanging precariously off the hinges and the windows were now gaping holes, revealing the grey darkness inside. He pushed the door open and almost immediately choked on the dust hanging thick in the air. His oversized sleeves actually came in handy, and he used it as a makeshift mask as he made his way inside. It was soon clear that no one had occupied the shack in years, and after looking around the boy went outside to fill his lungs with fresh air.

He thought about checking the rest of the smaller shacks, but he was still drawn to the largest shack. Kotaru decided to follow his instincts and headed towards that one. The first thing he noticed was that, unlike the other shacks, the windows were boarded up and the door was pulled firmly closed. 'This is way too obvious,' he mused internally, but he went forward anyway.

"Well, well, well," Kotaru chimed as he passed the threshold. Unlike the other shack he'd inspected, this one had clearly been used recently. There was almost no hint of dust anywhere, and the light that filtered through the thin boards revealed boxes pushed against the walls. He gave his cousin a thoughtful look, then opened one. His brows furrowed when he saw what was inside.

Dozes of syringes. Each was wrapped thickly in plastic, and he had to pick them up to figure out what they were. Frowning, he opened a few more boxes. One was filled with more syringes, but another had empty transfusion bags. Another had scalpels and other small, sharp tools that Kotaru couldn't identify.

"What the fuck do they have going on here?" the boy mumbled as he closed the boxes. He had no idea what they had stumbled upon, but he didn't think they had time to investigate. "I don't know about you, but I have a bad feeling about this place." His footsteps seemed too loud as he walked across the wooden floor. Just as he thought to silence his steps, the sound of his footstep changed. It was slight, but it was noticeable in the relative silence. He tapped his foot again to confirm what he heard; his steps suddenly sounded like it was thumping against something hollow.

"Tatsuo, look." The genin was standing atop a small square that was noticeably a different color than the rest of the floor. It looked newer and made of a slightly different wood. He gave a stifled, triumphant laugh as he used his fingernails to pry away the floorboard and it came up as a trapdoor. The boy formed seals and then flicked his fingers three times so three small flames erupted from his fingers to illuminate the space below. It seemed to be several feet deep, and he couldn't see the bottom. "After you, senpai."
JutsuShow
(x3) Katon • Match Stick
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing two quick handseals, Kotaru flicks his thumb and any one of his other fingers. This results in a very small flame igniting on the tip of his finger. The flame is enough to light a small fire, such as lighting firewood. The justu lasts for up to two posts.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:38 pm

The two Akari stayed around the shop for a small amount of time, Tatsuo trying his best to find something which would stick out and give them a clue as to their missing family member's whereabouts or if he had even truly been here. The supplies on the shelves were untouched with small amounts of dust gathering on certain sections. This struck Tatsuo as odd; somehow the store was staying afloat without selling much stock. Tatsuo excused it for the inn bringing in the majority of the income but still filed away the information just in case.

They exited the premises and made their way to the area in which the shacks had been previously mentioned. The trees and overgrown shrubbery helped to hide its location but proved no match for the two. Coming upon the area, Tatsuo immediately felt like something was off. It seemed eerie and the shacks looked might suspicious upon first glance. He heeded his juniors words before falling into the hand signs for his sensory jutsu and expanding it to its limits. Tatsuo concentrated for a moment before letting it drop. "There's no chakra signals within 25 meters of us unless they're hiding themselves with another jutsu. Be on guard." Tatsuo told the younger Akari before splitting off to check out another shack as Kotaru selected one for inspection.

Tatsuo opened the door of the shack and covered his nose and mouth as his entrance kicked up dust and other particles. He coughed lightly as he peered through the structure and frowned. There wasn't much here and very little signs a person had been taking shelter here. Maybe rats or other vermin but no person. He exited the building before linking back up with Kotaru at the largest shack and was quite shocked once the genin showed him what he had found. Boxes and boxes of medical supplies but what worried him was the fact they were syringes and transfusion bags. Normal people would just need bandages and other basic supplies, what they had found seemed to be related to something much more sinister.

Kotaru crossed the floor and both of them seemed to notice how the sound of the floor shifted as he walked over one panel and soon enough the duo had drudged up a trapdoor with Kotaru lighting the way for his elder. Tatsuo frowned at the boy before resigning himself to climbing down first.
SpoilerShow
*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Ninjutsu/Control/Instinct stats of 10
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 25 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of 10 feet. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 pm

It was a long way down. There were no ladders or steps, but deeply carved grooves in the walls helped them make the nearly thirty foot descent. Once they reached the bottom, the two shinobi were briefly plunged into pure darkness as Kotaru dispelled the tiny flames from the tips of his fingers. He quickly formed the seals for the technique again and illuminated the fingers of his left hand and raised it slightly to look around.

In front of them was a narrow tunnel with a low ceiling that was barely wide enough for the two to talk side by side. The genin was small enough that he'd have no trouble walking forward, but Tatsuo would have to crouch slightly to avoid hitting his head on the overhanging rocks. ”Guess we gotta go forward," the boy said before shuffling around his cousin so that he could light the way. Neither of the shinobi had any way of knowing they were on the right track to finding their missing clan member, but they had made it this far and something in Kotaru's gut told him that the tunnel was worth exploring. He proceeded without saying a word and he strained his ears for any sound that would indicate they weren't alone.

The tunnel snaked forward and slightly down, and as the two ventured deeper the air around them became colder, drier. Kotaru walked in silence for a few minutes, and just as he was going to suggest that they turn around, the walls of the tunnel became wider.

Scrrrrape

The genin stopped dead in his tracks when a grating metallic reached his ears. He touched his thumb to his pinky and ring fingers so that only two remained illuminated, and just as the light dimmed the sound came again. Kotaru cupped the tiny flames with his opposite hand to hide the light, then he quietly motioned for Tatsuo to stay close and stay quiet. The Akari’s heart was beating in his throat. The sound came over and over again, and it made his hair stand on end each time it echoed against the rocks around them.

Scrrrrrrrrape

The sound didn’t seem to be getting any closer, so Kotaru eased forward. There was a sharp turn ahead, and just around the corner was a golden light, its rays stretching towards them. The boy wasn’t feeling very brave and he hoped Tatsuo would notice his hesitation and use the opportunity to take charge and lead the way.

“You’re a damned idiot.”

Kotaru tensed and eased his hand to the kunai pouch tucked under the hem of his oversized shirt. The voice was low, almost guttural, and was clearly coming from deeper within the tunnel and around the illuminated corner. With one or two steps forward, the voice became much clearer.

“She said they left and looked like they were leaving town so it’s no big deal.” The second voice drawled lazily, and Kotaru thought it sounded vaguely familiar.

“Don’t think you understand, so I’ll dumb it down for ya. The guy said he’s my family member, yeah? And if those kids are looking for me, he’s definitely a shinobi.”

“They won’t find us down here. Besides, they looked weak as hell, especially the little girly one.”

Kotaru clenched his teeth. He recognized the voice now: the sleazy hotel manager that disappeared behind the hidden door.

“What part of ‘they’re shinobi’ don’t ya get? They got ways of finding people. ‘Sides, I know at least two ten year olds that could gut you with their eyes closed. If we get caught, I gotta kill ‘em, and that’ll draw attention to the area. They’ll go investigatin’ even more and your whole li’l organ trade business goes down the drain.”

“If you kill them they can be dissected and we can share them. So just do what I hired you to do.” The manager stopped speaking, and the metallic scraping resumed.

Kotaru looked back at his elder cousin. Found them, he mouthed and then gestured in front of him. What now?
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:11 am

Tatsuo gripped the grooves in the wall as he descended down into the inky black pit with a frown on his face. He was starting to have a small feeling of unease creep into the back of his mind as the two Akari finally reached the bottom of the entrance. He attempted to walk forward but was met with a rock to his forehead which in turn led him to frown as it meant the tunnel was quite small; if they were found here by an enemy or any sort it could prove disastrous. Kotaru recast his previous jutsu and a small amount of light created by the flames illuminated the two while confirming his suspicions on the size of the tunnel. Short and narrow which meant he'd have to walk in some partial crouched position. His eyes scanned the floor to see if there were any debris or obstacles they would be coming in contact with but luckily for the two, there didn't seem to be anything.

Tatsuo nodded in response to Kotaru's comment before allowing the smaller Akari to lead the way with their only torch being his flames. The elder Akari began to count the amount of steps they took within his head.

1, 2, 3...

The tunnel began to dip more into the earth and the feeling of unease continued to grow as it became apparent this was done with some sort of Doton jutsu, meaning they were probably on the right track. The duo continued on in silence before a noise finally filled the widening tunnel.

Scrrrrape

That sound immediately caught Tatsuo's attention and caused his ears to perk up. The noise had to be man made, there was no way some animal could be producing that kind of metallic sound. Kotaru began to extinguish his flames and Tatsuo quietly stepped in front of him to take point from here on out. No reason for his cute little genin to get hurt on this mission.

Scrrrrape

The noise continued and the pair continued their slow creep towards it until finally a sharp turn revealed light spilling out from the other side. Tatsuo's frown deepened as his suspicions became confirmed. Something sinister seemed to be going down in these tunnels. A voice came through the tunnels as they moved closer and Tatsuo strained his ears to listen as intently as possible.

“Don’t think you understand, so I’ll dumb it down for ya. The guy said he’s my family member, yeah? And if those kids are looking for me, he’s definitely a shinobi.”

Sounded like their target was right there and finally Tatsuo's frown shifted into a small grin. They knew where he was, finally, which meant it was time to take some form of action. The second voice belonged to the obnoxiously rude manager from earlier which only made this that much sweeter. He'd get to take out both a traitor and that jackass? What a dream come true.

Tatsuo pointed at Kotaru and then back at the way they came, telling him to leave the tunnel. Things were about to get extremely messy and this wasn't an ideal position for a fight. The tunnel was small, they had no idea how big the room around the corner actually was and had no idea what type of jutsu the rogue had in his arsenal. He began to channel chakra and his lacrishiin enveloped his body in its purple hue with his melashiin blossoming and curling around his arms to save space.

Tatsuo leaned in close to Kotaru's ear and whispered so as to not give away the fact they were there to the two men. "Go up top, I'll meet you up there in a minute." As he finished his sentence, Tatsuo weaved through a set of seals and channeled an impressive amount of chakra. Kouton began to envelop the chuunin and his shiin in the form of armor. "Book it or else you're going to get caught up in the cave-in." Tatsuo gave his partner one last order before pulling away from the boy and weaving yet another set of hand seals and walking around the corner.

The heavy thud of Tatsuo's footsteps and glimmering armor brought immediate attention to him as he rounded the corner and stepped into the room. The room itself was about 20x20 feet with a high ceiling that was barely illuminated by the lights. The scraping stopped and two sets of eyes focused on him.

"How're you doing, traitor?" Tatsuo called out before unleashing his pent up jutsu straight at the ceiling. A roaring shot of lightning shot from his hand and impacted the roof with an explosion before tearing through it, bringing down the cavern and tunnels while burying those within them in a cave-in.
SpoilerShow
~Basic Formation: Melashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Type: Melashiin
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the shape of a long fleshy protrusion, the melashiin is able to recover at double the rate of a normal body part would. The strength and durability of a melashiiin are equal to 3/4ths of the user's strength and stamina.

~Basic Formation: Lacrishiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Type: Lacrishiin
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the form of an almost opaque glass armor, the lacrishiin almost completely covers the user's body. As a pseudoarmor, the lacrishin has no inherent strength, but has a stamina equal to the Akari's stamina+3, while causing the Akari to move at 3 less speed.

Kouton: Grand Defense
A-rank Ninjutsu
The user will perform the needed hand seals and cover their body in a silvery metal. This silvery metal will coat the user in an armor of Kouton. It forms at a speed of 10 and can withstand blows and jutsu up to 40 strength.

*Raiton • Thunderous Lightning Cannon
B-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, a beam of lightning will erupt from the user's hand. The lightning will travel 50m at 20 speed and explode with the force of 4 explosive tags on contact, while applying the Raiton shocking effect throughout the explosion's area.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:37 pm

At Tatsuo's gesture, the genin took a step backwards. He didn't know what the chuunin had planned, but he knew it would be difficult - and dangerous - to engage with their enemy in such a narrow underground tunnel. Just as he turned around to make a break for the exit, a brilliant violet shell encased Tatsuo's body, followed quickly by his equally stunning melashiin. A pleasant shiver rocked Kotaru's spine and he briefy licked his lips, but there was no time to relish in the sight of his cousin's weapons.

"Go up top," was all he heard before he started to quickly backed up, keeping his eyes on the older boy's shiin. When Tatsuo formed more seals, Kotaru finally turned an ran towards the way they came.

---

"How're you doing, traitor?"

The room was rather large and it was filled to the ceiling with boxes big and small, some overflowing with medical instruments similar to what the young shinobi found in the shack. The two men inside were perched in front of a machine and the scraping sound came from the manager working bar of metal. The two men whirled around, surprised by the sudden intrusion. A flash of light. A flash of hands and orange. And with a thunderous cascade of earth, the room and tunnel began to crumble.

---

Kotaru was roughly halfway to the entrance. The ground was sloping upwards, the ceiling steadily growing higher above his head. But suddenly something exploded behind him, and immediately after came the telltale sound of rocks collapsing. The ground trembled and rocked Kotaru nearly off balance, and though he stumbled he managed to somehow stay on his feet. But rocks were falling on top of his head, smalls ones at first, but then the entire tunnel began to fall apart.

"Oh shit, oh shit!" He reached the end, but the exit was still a thirty foot climb above his head. Thinking quickly, he channeled chakra to the small of his back and to his feet. "Oh shit fuck fuck!" His melashiin erupted from his back just in time to begin his climb. He ran up the sheer wall, alternating between running on his feet and shiin. Kotaru screamed the entire way up and just barely managed to reach the trapdoor as the tunnel beneath him fully collapsed. But even when he was back on the surface the danger wasn't over. The fragile, rotting wood of the building shook and before Kotaru could make it outside, part of the roof fell on top of him.

For several moments, everything was still without a sign of life to be found. But then, the broken wood began to stir, and Kotaru emerged from beneath the rubble. He coughed and groaned as he used his melashiin to push the debris from on top of him. He was heavily bruised, but alive. The area was nearly completely destroyed, sunken into the collapsed tunnel thirty feet below. There was no sign that neither Tatsuo nor the enemy had survived.

"Tatsuo! Tatsuo!" the boy shrieked, trying and failing to stay calm. In his panic he began to shift away the wreckage around him, knowing deep down that he would never find his cousin that way. Suddenly, the ground began to shake, and several feet in front of him the earth bulged upwards and then split open, sending a shower of rocks raining down. Kotaru stood up, expecting to see Tatsuo, but was instead met by their adversary. "Ah...shit...."

The fugitive Akari emerged from his improvised escape tunnel brushing the dirt and rubble from his flagrantly colored blue hair. The young man's pink eyes were bright but unnerving, and Kotaru took a tentative step back when they made eye contact. Behind the man was a long, impressive temershiin. The orange shiin was as wide as the man's torso and was covered in tiny, rippling scales. He had it poised near his head and it tapered into a curved and dangerously sharp point. "Uh...Tats? Now would be a good time to show up and save the day."

"Nice going, kid. Ya messed up my lil operation."

Kotaru cursed again and was prepared to go on the defensive. His enemy quickly closed the distance between them and his killing intent was clear when he aimed the pointed end at Kotaru's throat. They exchanged blows with their shiin, and though Kotaru had three limbs compared to the missing nin's one he was only barely keeping up. At one point the ground shifted below, distracting him, and the other's temershiin wrapped around his body and lifted him in the air. Kotaru struggled, but was unable to move. The missing Akari cackled and squeezed the genin. "Your melashiin is fuckin' worthless, but I can still carve it out and sell it!"

Kotaru's JutsuShow
*[Basic Jutsu • Act of Tree Climbing]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By focusing chakra into his/her feet, the user is able to walk up trees and other vertical surfaces in a similar fashion to walking along the ground. This chakra amount must be precise, and although all shinobi learn this technique, the user's control stat will determine how well this jutsu can be executed. Users with low control 2 or lower will often fall during the use of this technique, while users with average control 3 or higher will be able to use this technique functionally. It lasts for a number of posts equal to the user's stamina stat times 3.

Swift Travels
C-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Kotaru is able to alternate between moving on his feet and moving by running with his melashiin. With this, he is able to quickly move over very uneven and even dangerous terrain and avoid most obstacles in his path.
MN JutsuShow
Split the Earth
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will place their hands on the ground or any form of earth. Their chakra will pour into the earth, which will split and separate in a straight line. Or something. Basically it creates a tunnel/pushes away the earth for a really long distance but I don't feel like explaining it nicely so just read the post.

~Basic Formation: Temershiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Type: Temershiin
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. The temershiin takes the shape of a wide and powerful tail. The strength and durability of a temershiin are equal to the user's strength and stamina.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:31 am

Tatsuo grit his teeth and steeled himself as the cavern and tunnels began to cave in from his jutsu. The armor surrounding him was plenty strong enough to keep him alive during the cave in, the only issue would be getting out of the situation once he was fully buried.

The rocks came falling and destroyed the machinery and boxes of storage supplies. The last image Tatsuo was able to get from the room was the sight of a large chunk of rock crashing down directly onto the slimy manager and grinding him into a red paste. He smiled slightly at the sight before rocks filled his vision and the world became black.

Tatsuo groaned to himself as he tried to shift his body against the rock and found little room to do so. He uncurled his melashiin from around his body and began using the tentacles as a way to dig around and loosen the stones surrounding his arms and legs. Soon enough, the rocks began to give away and become easier to move. Tatsuo carefully began moving the stones away from his body until he came upon a makeshift tunnel leading up and out of the hole.

'Guess we were right in assuming he could use Doton and fighting in the cavern would be a poor environment. Looks like he already made it to the surface and if Kotaru listened he's up there as well...Hope he's doing alright because he's gonna have to wait a moment!'
Tatsuo thought to himself as he began to ascend the tunnel leading out of the cave in and towards the surface.

The climb out of the makeshift tunnel took the chuunin a moment and a huff of exertion as he finally climbed his way out and gazed upon the sight of Kotaru being squeezed by the other Akari. "Really? Gonna squeeze the shit outta the midget when I was the one who blew the place up?" Tatsuo commented as he began walking towards the other Akari and sealing at the same time.

A bright rod of lightning came to life within Tatsuo's hand before he pulled back his arm mid-walk and fired off the projectile at the other Akari's back.
SpoilerShow
*Raiton • Sky Spear
C-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will create a two meter long rod of lightning in their hand. They are then able to launch it at 15 speed in a single direction. Upon contact the spear will explode with the force of a single explosive tag and apply the Raiton shocking effect. If it has not been launched by the end of the second post it will dissipate.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Kotaru could barely breathe, and the peripheral of his vision began to blur. He tried to wiggle his way free, but the way the temershiin wrapped around his body made it difficult to break the grip. Ears ringing, he just barely made out Tatsuo's words as he finally broke free of his earthen prison. 'Midget?!' The rage from the slight insult was enough to give the genin the push he needed; he strained his melashiin outward to put a small amount of space between his body and the enemy's shiin. As he did so, Kotaru channeled his chakra and his body was enveloped in a faint, blue glow.

As soon as the genjutsu activated, their adversary's hand shot to his mouth as his knees shook and he gagged. The distraction prevented the pink-eyed rogue from dodging Tatsuo's attack, and it hit its mark. His body convulsed and tensed, and he ended up dropping Kotaru to the ground. A small shockwave went though Kotaru's body as well, but it was little more than a brief jolt.

Groaning, the boy scuttled away from the enemy and moved closer to Tatsuo. "Took you long enough," he spat, still slightly dizzy from being nearly squeezed into unconsciousness. After coughing a bit and flexing his shoulders he added under his breath, "I think I slowed him down a bit. He's strong and pretty fast, you gotta take the lead." With that, Kotaru snatched the oversized shirt from his body. The shirt restricted his movements, and without it he had access to his back pouch. He removed four kunai, distributing each one to his left hand and his melashiin. The rogue's movements were better than his, and certainly much faster, but with the weapons he could at least defend himself more effectively if he got too close.

Their adversary's complexion took on a distinctly green hue and he looked wobbly on his feet. "Bastard," he moaned as he slowly turned around to face them. "I'll gut the both of you!" The orange shiin curled inward towards his body, almost as if he was dismissing it. But then he gave a loud grunt, and the flesh around his shoulders bulged and expanded until two irregularly shaped shiin erupted from his back. Bright green and pulsing, the eroshiin spread gloriously behind him.

Kotaru practically drooled. He took a moment to take it all in, all the shiin that were ripe for the taking. Suddenly, the boy cackled and channeled katon chakra into his melashiin and each tendril became covered in flickering flames. "Let's end this, Tats. Hold him down and I'll sear his fucking mouth shut and eat him alive."

The boy's words enraged the rogue, and he formed several seals. The ground sunk a few inches beneath his feet and he lowered his body into a strong stance. Then the ground beneath him burst forward, launching him forward towards the pair. His focus was on Kotaru, smaller and seemingly weaker. The easier target to take out. But Kotaru stood his ground; after all, he knew that he wasn't fast enough to dodge the full frontal attack. Instead, he braced himself and simultaneously expected Tatsuo to intervene before the impact.
Kotaru JutsuShow
Mouth Rot
C-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After channeling his chakra, Kotaru makes physical contact with the target to activate the genjutsu. The target will then have a horrible taste in their mouth, similiar to spoiled milk and rotten meat. Depending on how sensitive their sense of taste is, this technique can cause nausea or even vomiting. This genjutsu lasts 4 posts.

Devil’s Graze
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Basic Formation: Melashiin
By channeling chakra into his shiin, Kotaru coats his melashiin in katon chakra, which covers the entirety of the tendrils in flames that add a one foot diameter of katon chakra to each tendril, and extends one foot from the tip of the tendrils.
MN JutsuShow
Launch
C Rank Ninjutsu
After forming seals, the ground beneath the user sinks roughly 4 inches before exploding up and forward. The force of the controlled blast launches the user forward, adding 3 to their speed but reducing their taijutsu by 3. This technique is usually used to quickly close the distance between the user and their target.
~Basic Formation: Eroshiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Type: Eroshiin
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the form of energy-like jelly small wings, they are incapable of flight on their own, however are very aerodynamic, allowing for the user to slowly float down, based on their prerequisite taijutsu. The Eroshiin has a strength and stamina equal to 3/4ths the user's strength and stamina.

MN Stats
Ninjutsu: 22
Taijutsu: 15
Genjutsu: 5
Stamina: 15
Control: 15
Strength: 10
Speed: 16
Instinct: 10
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Tatsuo grinned as his jutsu struck the target point blank and aided in freeing his smaller friend. It appeared their prey had fallen susceptible to one of Kotaru's own techniques which served a purpose in helping to throw him off. His tiny companion scurried over to his side as the rogue Akari dealt with the impact from the Raiton spear and whatever Kotaru had inflicted him with.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was buried under 30 feet of solid rock." Tatsuo grumbled in response to Kotaru's comment. "I thought I was in the lead since I blew up their base...oh, that manager slime ball? Dead. Crushed like a damn bug. Just like this guy is about to be." The rogue Akari finally shifted his attention to the two loyalists and spewed some bullshit. Tatsuo's face shifted into a maniacal grin as threats were levied against them and from the man's shoulder burst an eroshiin.

"You're damn lucky I don't want an eroshiin, kid, today is your lucky day..." Tatsuo moved himself in front of Kotaru and then shifted his right foot back and cocked his right fist into a tight ball as the man began to form seals before launching himself at the pair at high speeds. Tatsuo waited a moment before launching his fist forward and coming into contact with the rogue's outstretched temershiin.

The temershiin came into contact with Tatsuo's fist before seeming to tremble for a moment and then splitting where the impact had occurred. Blood shot from the injury and the rogue Akari spun off to the side with a howl of pain. He got up slowly with blood dripping from the tip of his temershiin.

"What the fuck!?!" He snarled in confusion as he stared at his injured shiin. "You're just some shitty low-level Akari, that should've torn through your jutsu!" His eroshiin began to pulse and chakra began to gather before shards of chakra were shot from the shiin.

Tatsuo stood firm against the incoming attack and smiled as it bounced off of his armor and did nothing to the pair. "I have some great teachers." He countered before looking back at Kotaru and making sure nothing had hit him. Once confirmed, Tatsuo began to sprint at the rogue while readying his melashiin around him in order to take the rogue chuunin down.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 pm

The way the rogue's temershiin split into bloody ribbons of flesh was exhilarating. Kotaru watched the gore splatter onto the ground with the eagerness of a child receiving dessert, and he let out another cold, malicious laugh. The older chuunin seemed baffled that he was so sorely outmatched, no doubt due to his pride from possessing a rarer shiin. That was the problem with some of the older clan members; they latched on too tightly to the perceived strength that came along with their castes when in reality, strength was something to be obtained.

"Sucks doesn't it?" Kotaru shouted from behind Tatsuo when barrage subsided. He grinned as he watched the fugitive fight another sudden wave of nausea. "To realize that your fancy eroshiin doesn't mean shit if you're too weak to use it to its full potential." The genin felt bold with his cousin protecting him, but he badly wanted to spill his enemy's blood with his own hand. Kotaru was strong for a genin, but he had the sense to deduce from the looks of things that the rogue was quite a bit stronger than him. He needed to get stronger to defeat these sorts of enemies, and to do that he had to eat the shiin that the gods had so graciously set in front of him.

"Don't worry," the genin goaded as the katon coating his melashiin flared, and Tatsuo began to rush their enemy, "I'll put it to much better use!" After giving his cousin a head start, Kotaru ran forward as well, his path an arc to the right compared to Tatsuo. The genin kept a respectable distance to stay out of the way and prepared himself just in case Tatsuo needed his support at the last second.

The blue-haired enemy's eyes widened when Tatsuo sprinted towards him with the intent to deliver a decisive blow. By that point Tatsuo had proven his strength, and though the youngest Akari wasn't a huge threat, he had clearly done something to him that altered the course of the battle. The rogue's stomach was still churning and the rancid taste in his mouth had yet to subside, and not only that but his head was beginning to spin from the nausea. It was difficult to focus on anything more than keeping the contents of his stomach down.

In a last ditch effort to save himself, he swiftly performed seals and formed what looked like an earthen jaw in front of him. He immediately launched it at Tatsuo with his hand poised to form the addition seal to slam it shut, hoping it would be enough to capture the chuunin in its grip and stop him in his tracks long enough for the rogue to retaliate.
MN JutsuShow
*Doton • Stone Maw
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a nondescript 2x1x2 meter jaw complete with a dense row of spiked teeth. They will then launch the head at a target for up to 15 meters traveling at a speed of 20. During the course of it's travel at any time the user can perform an additional hand seal, causing the jaw of spiked teeth to close shut, clamping and impaling whatever is within it at a strength of 20.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 am

Tatsuo's fist cocked back once again as the maw came flying towards him. With a grunt of exertion, Tatsuo fist collided with the incoming mass of rock. The combined force of Tatsuo running and the projectiles own momentum shattered it into pieces. "Your jutsu...don't work on me!" He roared as he barreled through the bits and pieces of still lingering rock and towards the rogue.

The rogue's eyes widened in shock as the metal monster continued to come towards him. He stood up and steeled himself for the coming impact by imbuing his eroshiin with more chakra and loosing more projectiles toward him as his injured temershiin curled in anticipation.

Tatsuo batted away the incoming projectiles with his melashiin before coming into melee range of the rogue and dodging a jab from the man's injured Temershiin. The rogue threw a flurry of off-balance punches but each one collided with Tatsuo and resounded with a clang as the rogue chuunin did not have enough strength or firepower to effectively strip him of his armor or harm him. Tatsuo's melashiin came around his sides before turning into a hail of metal-covered-flesh-like whips and battering the man to the ground.

A harsh grunt escaped the rogue's lips as he attempted to use his eroshiin and temershiin in an attempt to fend off the incoming blows but was unable to push back. His eroshiin glowed for a moment as he gathered chakra for another attack and shoved his eroshiin into Tatsuo's stomach before firing off another volley of projectiles.

The impact shoved Tatsuo back and made him cough as he tried to catch his breath. He looked up to see the rogue advancing towards him but little did the rogue realize was that Kotaru was now behind him.
SpoilerShow
Block
D-rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Tatsuo will either move his shiin in front of himself to deflect projectiles. Once a small projectile comes within range of his shiin, he will bat it away from him.

Multi-Slam
C-rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Tatsuo will ready both his Melashiin and Temershiin as he goes at or allows someone to come at him. Both of his shiin will be raised above his head as he either charges or stands his ground which will turn into a flurry of slams that will rain down on his opponent, forcing them to bend or shortly stun them if they have less strength than he.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 am

Kotaru was completely focused on the enemy's movements, waiting for an opening. The opportunity came when the fugitive unleashed a volley of attacks straight into Tatsuo's stomach. The missing nin seemed satisfied when his attack hit; not only that, but the feeling of nausea was finally beginning to subside. There was hope, he thought, as he moved to advance on Tatsuo after the attack rattled his armor. The genin wasted no time worrying about his comrade, but instead took advantage of the brief distraction to position himself behind their enemy.

Without warning, the genin moved within striking distance and then mercilessly thrust the three kunai in his melashiin into various points in the rogue's back: one just above where the temershiin formed to pierce his spine, another right beneath the eroshiin near the heart, and a final kunai pierced the back of his neck and came out the other side. The man stopped in his tracks, and his only reaction was a gurgling death rattle as blood poured from his throat.

"Good night." Kotaru ripped the weapons from the man's flesh with a sickening slosh as organs were further shredded. The missing nin was dead before he hit the ground.

With a small sigh, Kotaru wiped his melashiin's weapons in the dirt and used the back of his hand to wipe away the blood that had splattered all over his face, but only succeeded in smearing it around. He turned to Tatsuo and gave him a wide, satisfied grin; the joy of his expression was rather macabre juxtaposed against his blood-streaked face. But the boy was truly happy. They had succeeded in finding and taking down the rogue, and the spoils of the battle were certainly worth the cuts and bruises he'd sustained along the way.

"Mission accomplished!"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow