Three Crushing Blow

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

Three Crushing Blow

Post by PureWillPower » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 am

As the sun arose over the desert of Sunagakure, we find Shioya Kenjiro, also known as Ken, getting ready for today's events. Sliding into his white clinic kimono, he put on some cologne on his chest as it was the first place Ai usually gets her face close to during the exam. She called him yesterday saying there was something that she needed to talk to him about face to face so the appointment was set up. Ken beleived today was the day. Finally his felings for her would be returned.He rolled down the hallway and backed up to the staircase. In a practiced motion, he pushed back and grasped the rails. Holding the rails kept him upright during the bumpy ride down. Two plastic plates met the handles of the chair at the end to stop the fall. "Not to bad. I'm getting better at the slide." Grasping the wheels he made a full circle turn before turning into the living room, grabbing his forehead protector and suna symbol embalzened blanket. He opened the door, rolled out and locked up. Spinning the keys a bit he tossed them into his side pouch and rolled on.

As he rolled down the pathway, he spotted a few ninjas getting ready for missions, shops opening up. It was basically a normal day in Suna. Others were out trying to get thier errands done before the sun rose to high and the fact they were a desert became too obvious. The clinic was just down the path so it wouldn't take too long. A pair of genin was practicing thier Doton skills by turning sand to rocks. It was nice to see practicing could be fun. Near the gates of the clinic, a noodle vendor was setting up for the day's sales. He was a usual stop for Ken at the end of appointments so the two exchanged a friendly wave before he turned into the gate.

Ladies and gentlemen reading of these events, if you are not good at reading pain of the heart, body, and soul, I suggest you look away now. If not read on, but you have been warned.

Ken grinded to a halt as he saw Ai and a male ninja at the front door of the clinic exchanging a good bye kiss. Ai bent over backwards. As they stood back up, she traced a hand across his chest while trying to compose herself. The male ninja said something that Ken couldn't hear before he flickered away. Ai walked into the clinic, rubbing her cheek to get rid of the blush. Ken of course was dumbstruck. the love of his life. the only girl he ever thought of as his future, was already deeply involved with another ninja. He grabbed the wheels of his chair with trembling hands and rolled on to the ramp heading up to the door.

Once inside, Ai spotted him and hurried over to him. "Oh Shioya-san. Good thing you are here, we can get this over with quickly." That didn't sound right. Before he realized it, she grabbed his chair and was rolling him back to the examination room. Ken was a bit nervous now. There was no chance what he thought was going to happen was going to happen now. Ai sat on the stool in front of him and pulled out her tapping tool to check his chest and vitals in a bit. "We just got word in from Konohagakure's clinic. Despite ther research and tireless effeort to find some way to restore your ability to walk, they have come to the conclusion that it would not be in your best intrest." She set her hand on his knee. "They can restore it, but it would forever close off your chakra pathway. You would be alive and could walk, but you would no longer be a ninja." She gave him a couple moments to let this sink in.

Ken couldn't beleive it. He always had hope that he would walk again one day. That his puppetry would improve when he could move on his own. He could get into taijutsu and freak out opponents by fighting along side his puppets. But now, the best medics in the world give him an ultimatum. Puppetry or Walking. One or the other, he would never be able to have both. He leaned his head back to take it all in. Ai picked up the chart and leaned in to set her hand and ear on his chest. As she tapped her hand once to get a thump in his chest, her nose was invaded by the scent of the cologne. Sneezing violently, she backed up and continued. Ken looked up and watched as she left to room. Oh gravy. She is allergic to cologne. How did he never pick that up? One of the Male nurses came in and took her place. He picked up the cart and looked it over. His gruffy voice uttering to himself lightly. "Hold still, we need to check a few things."

Thirty minutes later, he was rolled out of the clinic by the new nurse. His head hanging low. "Now Shioya-san, you shouldn't quit now. Alot of the kids look up to you there." Ken looked back to him and nodded. "It will just take some time." The medic turned around and walked back into the clinic, leaving Ken to reflect on himself. Ken just shook his head. He got today off from missions so he needed to do something to take his mind off things. Gripping the wheels and rolling forward brought him to his third bout of bad luck. Just in case you lost count...

1) He has to choose walking or being a ninja.
2) His cologne caused his to get a full body examination by a burly guy.

As his fingers left the wheels, he was hit in the chest by a high velocity high desity high volume sand rock. the collision sent him rocketing backwards through the glass doors and into the front desk splintering the wooden structure, several nurses swarmed the area as the two doton practicing gening and their instructor ran up to the clinic to survey the damage. Ken was consious but just barely. The nurses helped get him on a stretcher and back into I.C.

A fter an hour, one of the nurses came in and told him precisely what happened. The instructor was showing the genin how to leviate a sand rock by using a high velocity spiraling wind. He was walking with it when the soup vendor accidentally spilt a bowl of hot ramen on him. The rock moved into the wind and was sent like a missle into Ken's chest. The rock was the product of thirty minutes of Doton sand compression. With two working on it it grew large and dense. They got the ok to transfer him to the Intesive rehab center in Konoha for further care. Unfortunatly his custom wheelchair was destroyed in the collision, not even his pouch survived. Fortunatly he was the only one injured. While he rested and preperations for his transfer was made, Ai was being sent to pack up a few belonings for him to go with him to the Land of Fire.
Characters made of PureWillP0wer
VillageNameRankRenownMissionsColor Code
Sakugu TsubumeGenin--FFE134
Taku YukoJounin200-008008

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

Three Crushing Blow

Post by PureWillPower » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 am

While Ken was resting at the clinic and the rest of the staff get things ready for his trip to the Konoha Hospital, Ai was sent to his place to get some things for him for his month long stay. She found his house and looked around for a key. As she couldn't find one she sighed. "Figures. Ken-kun wouldn't let anyone else in." She pulled out a hair pin letting her long hair fall down to behind her knees. A simple pick of the lock and the Medical Nin was in. She reset the hairpin in her cap and took a step in. She was amazed at how normal the placed looked. There seemed to be nothing that would hint at the fact that only one person lived here and they were paralyzed from the waist down.

First place she went to was the kitchen. Everything was normal. Dishes in the cabnets overhead. Appliances agaisnt the back of the counter. Nothing was modified. She then went to the guest toliet and looked in. It was absolutely spotless. Even the hard to reach area was scrubbed. As she closed the door she saw the two plastic plates with heavy scuff marks in them. Why where these here? She would have to ask later. Making her way up the stairs, she noted the black scuff marks on the stairs ending at the second stair from the top. He goes up and down the stairs? How?

She moved to his bedroom and went to the closet. She selected a few outfits for him and placed them in his pack. She then went to get some socks from his drawer but stopped before opening the drawer noticing the framed pictures lining the top. They were pictures of her and him. None of his parents or others. Opening the drawer up she saw a letter ontop. She just had to know by now. Opening it up she took a glance over it.
Quote:
My Dearest Ai,
I have loved you since the day I first met you. I was still an academy student and you were my friends mentor. I was heading to confess to you the day of the accident, but I lost all nerve that day. I have never stopped loving you and will always care for you. I hope you feel the same way. You are my hero.
Kenjiro
A soft blush caressed her cheek as she folded the letter back up and lsid it back in the drawer stuffing in random socks. The one thing not organized was the drawer. As she closed the drawer, she looked down and realized no two socks that she grabbed matched. She was too embarassed to reopen the drawer and just walked out of the room to the wash room. Again, everything was normal. nothing modified. however this room answered a lot for her. Alot of things were spaced out. It seemed he used his kugutsu for just about everything in the house. This was impressive. She grabbed his toothbrush and paste and slid them in their respective compartments. She gave on more look to his bedroom before leaping down the staircase to the ground below. She how ever faltered on the landing and fellforward towards the wall. Her hands stoping her impact right at the plastic plates on the wall.

Could it be he rolled himself down the stairs quickly every day? She had to make sure to send a note to check his mental health while in the Land of Fire. She went to the door and had one more look around. She would have to come by to clean this place every once in a while to make sure it is clean for his return. Locking the door and closing it, she headed back down the path tho the clinic.

PureWillPower

Three Crushing Blow

Post by PureWillPower » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:43 am

Preperations were done. It was time for departure. Kenjiro was being assigned a squad for his protection as they cross through three lands. As the medic wheeled him out in the cross country three wheeled chair, kenjiro planted his hand on his forhead at who was coming up to greet him. the three ninjas resposible for him having to go on this journey. The two genin and their Instructor. "Hey isn't there usually four to a squad?" The medic nodded.

"There is four. Yoshiko-san is going with you." As if on cue, Ai landed in front of them with Ken's bag straped over her shoulders and two bags on her waist. She was in a set of blue pants and a speghetti strap black shirt, her hair tied up in a ponytail with two kunai hanging from the bands. All four of the men there dropped thier jaws as she stood in front fo them. To Ken she was even more beautiful then he ever thought. And she was going to be the medic for the squad on this 3 day trip. As the four collected their thoughts from the stunning beauty before them, Ai walked around and grabbed the handle bar of the chair.

She gave a good push and they were off on thier way. First stop was the supply store to stock up on water and carryable nutrition. While Ai was inside, Ken took his time to get a good look at the three coming with them. First was the two Genin. Despite thier looks they were twins. Or at least called themselves twins. They went by the names of Ishiyama Tetsu and Ryo. Both had red hair though that is where the similarities ended. Ryo was the smaller of the two by six inches. Tetsu was tall but also large. He was easily overweight by fifty pounds. Every corner of him was round while ever corner of Ryo was sharp. However they played as if they were kids. What was more annoying was that they could finsh each others sentances. Second was thier Chuunin Instructor, Kazeno Shugorei. He was a year younger then Ken. While they both were part of the same Chuunin exam, Ken was never able to see how Shu fought. His match was after Shu's and by the time he got to the stand where the next competator was to be, Shu was finished with his match.

After the supplies were brought out, Ai loaded them up on the three's backs and the back of Ken's chair. The four seemed to act in unison as if they had done this multiple times. After everyone was situated and Ryo took a pit stop to expell water, the group headed for the gate. The guard looked over thier orders. During this Ai took out a thin sheet and covered Ken from neck down, tucking the excess fabric underneath. Just about that time, the guard made an very audible surprised sound. "They are letting you for transport a person?" This didn't exactly fill Ken with confidence. The guard came up and checked Ken out. "Are you sure you want Team boom to take you. We have safer ways of getting you there. I know a guy who raises sandworms..."

This was immediatly met with a clipboard chop to his head. "We will be fine. Don't worry we won't take off until we are thirty meters from the gate." Ai gave the guard a slight smile before the four pushed Ken into the desert to begin the journey.

Ken looked up to Ai as they rolled on. "So...uhh...Why are you called team Boom and why dod you ahve to wait till you are thirty meters from the gate." tetsu and Ryo chuckled to each other and ran out in front of him drawing a line in the sand and seemingly egging Ai to hurry up.

Ai stopped just short of the line. "Remember Boom. Our meeting place is the Oasis town to the north. Tetsu, Ryo, you two are on point. I will have Ken in the center. Shu, bring up the rear. The three got in a line and then the teams magic started happening. Tetsu's entire body shifted into sand and compressed with other sand under Ryo's feet, levitating from the ground about five feet. Shu wwent through a series of hand seals. The air in front of the twins seemed to spiral, as did the air in front of Shu. Ai then made a few handseals of her own and grabbed the handle bar. HEr feet lifted from the ground as the soles of her feet caught fire. "Team Boom! Launch!" The twins leaned forward and they were moving fast. There was a roar of flames from behind Ken as they soon launched forward at a high speed. Shugorei started running a few moments later and was caught up to the hgigh speend afterburners of Ai. The force of the wind in front of the chair had connected with the twins and started pushing them forward. A large wake of sand followed thier path as they streaked away from the village.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”