Personal Favor

broodboy

Personal Favor

Post by broodboy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:23 am

It was a brand new day in Suna. The sun was just begging to rise in the sky as the strong winds that wrapped around the village flowed through its cracks. Had Akihiro not known any better he would say the village is alive the way it howled through the streets and archways. His mother and father were already at work early this morning and as he went into the small humble common area there was a bowl of rice with a few pickled vegetables and some eggs. A note was left on the table beside his chopsticks.
Mom:
”Good morning my love, there has been a large increase in archival data at the hospital over the past few days. I am sorry I could not join you for breakfast. I know how much our family meals mean to you. To make it up to you, please come to the hospital this afternoon and I have arranged for some personal training for you with one of the lead medial-nin here! It is important that you be on your best behavior and represent the Henrin clan effectively.”

As he read he rubbed the morning sand from his eyes and popped some pickled cabbage into his mouth. The intense taste always was welcome and reminded him of home. Soon after he reviewed the previous days memories for a moment and wrote down everything he could remember, which was almost all of it. He placed the scroll on the large bookshelf filled with others like it organized by date. He had one, his mother had one, and even his father although his was far less filled than his parents. He put his cloths on, took inventory of his scrolls and equipment and grabbed what notes he thought he might need for the lessons. He was really looking forward to private lessons rather than being in a classroom at the academy. He closed the door behind him and set off.

Akrhio arrived at the hospital and made his way to the front desk who directed him to his mother deep underground in the facility. It was cold, quiet, and dark but this is where Henrin did most of their work or at least that was his opinion. Plenty of members of his family were active shinobi but those that supported the logistics of the village often worked behind closed doors or under them. He knocked on the door softly alerting his mother.

"Akihiro, I am so glad you made it all the way here. The last time you were at the hospital must of been a few months." The room she worked in was large with shelves of scrolls, books, and a variety of other clerical data going on into the darkness. "Just give me a second and wait over there while I call down Jinto Senpai. I arranged for you to get some basic medical ninjtusu practice today!" the excitement in her voice was easily detected. It was no secret that she wanted him to follow in her footsteps and support the village as a medical ninja, but he preferred to learn about weapons.

Five minutes passed as she grabbed a few books, a microscope, and various surgical supplies placing them on a table in the room. "Mom, you know I learned to stop bleeding already what more do I need to know?" She shook her head hoping he would know better although she always had an easier time explaining things to him using terms he liked.

"Yes, that is correct. However, just like when you are cleaning those weapons you like so much of sand and suit, wounds can suffer the same thing. Tiny microscopic bacteria can reverse all of the good you tried to do by healing that wound or stopping its bleeding. So, today I have arranged for Jinto Senpai to teach you about sterilization and a few other jutsu to help in the field so you can make sure your Jutsu doesn't end up backfiring on you.
His mother was a clever one relating the medical jutsu to his love of weaponsmithing, but that still didn’t mean that the child wanted to. Most of his motivations for doing things were to get anyone not to bother him so that he could happily work on his next inspiration.

”Well, when you put it that way I supposed learning could be beneficial. Who knows, maybe I can add it to my fabrication process.” The mother placed her hand on her forehead and let out a sigh. He was extremely one-track-minded.

A moment later a small man who stood at just above five feet entered the room. The young genin was shocked at his stature as his eyes drifted to the side as prejudice thoughts crept into his brain. The mother quickly ran over to the guest and fawned.

”Ah, Jinto-senpai thank you so much for coming all the way down to the archives for a personal lesson. I greatly appreciate your effort.” She bowed respectfully and ushered him to the table.

”Yukari-san, it is my pleasure. Especially after you brought me those scalpels your son made. They cut effortlessly” Akihiro’s attention was drawn when that was mentioned. He remembered his mother asking him to make a few, but thought nothing of it. He had no idea that it was an official request or that she supported his work in this way.

”You must be Akihiro-chan, the Henrin blood flows strong within you!” Jinto said with a proud look. Jinto was an extremely proud member of Suna and even more so, proud of the purity of its clans. He believed that all of the members of the various clans were national treasures and made it a point to specialize in the unique properties of their blood and how best to treat the unique ailments that came with their bodies.

”Hai, Senpai. I greatly appreciate you taking out time of your busy schedule to give me a personal lesson.” Aki was well-rehearsed in displaying gratitude, but there was a slight inflection in his voice that his mother noticed which meant he was actually grateful and not just putting on heirs for the family. A soft smile draped over her face as her eyes twinkled with hope.

Jinto waved his hands in the air. ”Do not mention it my boy. Now, why don’t you show me what you know about medical ninjutsu and we can start from there.” His loud and boisterous personality filled the room with joy contradictory to how it was before.

Akihiro walked over to the table, grabbed a scalpel, and made an inch-long cut along his hand. He winced at the pain as he placed it down and took a deep breath. Chakra gathered in the palm of his hand as it coated the cut. Quickly it clotted and the small bit of blood that was dripping off stopped.
”This is the extend of my training. Just this one jtusu”

Jinto laughed. ”You’re a lot like myself. When I was first learning Lijutsu I didn’t really care about the foundational jutsu. I just wanted to do cool things I get it, but, there is a reason why the basics are there.” He flung his long white coat open to reveal a prosthetic leg. The craftsmanship of which was top of the line. Akihiro could hear the materials singing to him and the slight movement of gears within it. ”An expensive lesson to learn but because I healed my leg in battle haphazardly it later became infected and I was unable to continue fieldwork. Had I learned the basics who knows, maybe I wouldn’t be one of the leading doctors here or maybe I would be dead?” His last comment made him laugh as it was intended to lighten the mood of the conversation.

Akihiro’s black eyes widened with several revelations. Firstly, his mother was very crafty in setting up not only the meeting but, knowing the perfect person to motivate him. Two, he might not be taking the support aspects of his training seriously enough and three, he wanted to take apart Jinto-senpai’s leg.

”Now, on to the lesson!” He proclaimed as he took up the scalpel that Akihiro used to cut himself moments ago. There was a bit of blood left on it so he took it and placed it on a glass slide for the microscope. After that he made a second one, but this time he rubbed it on the floor of the records room. ”Sometimes visuals are more helpful to grasp these. Take a look at the two glass slides I prepared. One should just be hemoglobin under the microscope, but tell me what you see on the other.”

The young genin peered into the scrope and saw exactly what he meant regarding the first sample. He carefully swapped the samples out and was shocked to see a multitude of living microscopic organism mixed in with the blood just from a few seconds on the floor. He let out a gasp as a smirk appeared on the Doctor’s face.

”So these things are what caused your leg to fall off?” He said truly curious.

”They were the root cause, yes. You see, unchecked bacteria can multiply and decay living tissue. There are hundreds if not thousands of different types that all require different treatments. However, with chakra we can keep them at bay.

The Doctor’s hand glowed a pale green for a brief moment as he waved his hand over the contaminated sample. The eager genin looked earnestly through the scope again to see it free of foreign bodies and was entirely comprised of only healthy hemoglobin left.

”Is it really that simple?!” The old man gave out a laugh.

”For basics, yes. Although some shinobi have learned to weaponize these little bastards and it can be much more complicated then. Why don’t you try it. Channel chakra into your hand and visualize the tiny microbiome that you set ablaze with your chakra but, be carful not to be too intense as you will start to damage healthy cells as well.”

Akihiro nodded as his mother gestured towards a few contaminated samples of blood and tissue that she already prepared why they were talking. Was this her plan all along? He shrugged off the thought as he channeled chakra into his hands and enveloped the first sample and quickly checking under the microscope to see his results.

Sadly there was nothing left on the slide. Everything had been eradicated and disinfected. His mother walked up beside him knowing that he had destroyed the sample.

”Aki, medical ninjutsu is always about regulation of chakra output. Too much and the results can be unpredictable or undesirable, too little and you won’t effect anything. Think of it like a valve that you control the pressure of.”

He did have well enough control over his chakra but Iljutsu was a different ball game than regular ninpou. It required a gentle touch that he was trying to learn. Unlock weapons and hot iron you couldn’t just hammer it with all of your strength. He tempered his chakra back and visualized it traveling down his hands as they glowed green and enveloped the next sample. He closed his eyes and could visually see the flow of his chakra in his mind as he delicately allowed it to flow out of his hand. The concentration that it took was very different than other jutsu.

Jinto placed the sample under the microscope and took a peek. ”Well done my boy! A perfectly sterilized sample. Have a look for yourself.” Something about the man was different than Akihiro’s father. Maybe it was the lack of connection between the two that allowed Aki to genuinely enjoy the lesson because he was not being force to do it.

He peeked over the eye port with satisfaction and looked at his hands after with amazement. ”This jutsu was very different than the blood clot technique.” They both nodded in agreement.

”Unlike combative jutsu, the user of Iljutsu needs to know how the body works and heals in order to be effective in their healing. They have to know what process they are trying to aid and can’t just throw a fireball at the problem. Between us three it is entirely more complicated to train a medical shinobi than it is to train a combat one.” His mother could see the small fire in his eyes and was excited to nurture one of Suna’s next medical shinobi

Jinto walked over to a small wrapped package on the table and took out a few rolls of bandages. ”Now, Akhiro-chan. When we are securing bandages on our patients we cannot be certain of what was on them before. So we need to sterilize them before application. However, you can run out of bandages and you might need to make due with what’s available. Can you think of some other alternatives to a bandage or gauze?”

The genin pondered for a moment before talking. ”Maybe some torn cloth from your garment or bark and leaves.” Jinto nodded in assurance.

”That’s correct and we can use chakra to hold those things together after we sterilize them. As we have seen before bacteria is everywhere so this step is crucial. Go ahead and try connecting these multiple pieces of torn up bandage back together on my arm.”

Akihiro grabbed the scraps and focused chakra into them after he had waved the sterilization technique over them. This jutsu came much easier than before as he just used the chakra to holdits form together and stick to Jinto Senpai. Over the next few seconds it held strong and after a few more only one pieces had fallen. ”Don’t worry about that, you’ll get the hang of it my boy.”

He brushed off the torn bandages effortlessly as the scraps fell back onto the table before reaching for a scroll Yukari had also prepared. She hurriedly cleared the table as the Doctor rolled out the scroll across the table revealing the fuuin used to hold a cadaver. A quick puff of smoke ejected the body to lay on the table with various different types of cuts throughout the body.

”Now, do not be put off by the body. This is a highly realistic puppet body used for training purposes. To train what you might ask?” The enthusiastic surgeon concentrated a condensed amount of chakra onto the tip of his finger no bigger than a pen. He moved from side to side of one of the open cuts as a string of chakra indented with each touch and the wound slowly sealed up like stitching.

”This is what’s known as chakra stitching and if you ask me is the basis for our villages puppetry strings technique. When in the heat of battle or on the field time and resources are scarce. While erratic movement will cause these to break open much like normal stitches it can be a great way to prevent someone from bleeding out or worse dieing.”

His mother brought over some medical grade wire and stitching tools. ”Like with the previous jutsu it is important to understand the mechanics behind the action you are trying to get your chakra to do. Practice actually stitching things together first like this.”

Her hands deftly worked a four-inch-long gash back together Weaving the curved needle threaded with the stitch into the flesh and pulling. If he had blinked, he would have missed it leading him to think of more questions regarding his mother’s actual capabilities other than being a file clerk.

Akihiro grabbed a set of tools and began to practice stitching. It was similar and far more mechanical than the previous things he was learning and felt oddly familiar. Working with tools rather than chakra. The hand eye coordination it required was taxing on his concentration and the point was driven home about why it was so beneficial to be able to use chakra in this manner on the field. Before long he was able to stitch together the two inch gash he was working on, albeit, shoddily.

”I think you’re ready to attempt it, Aki my boy.” Jinto lightly slapped the genin on the back with encouragement. Akihiro put down his tools and focused on the tip of his finger as it blazed with an intense chakra that enveloped the entire tip. It was far too large so he mentally pictured the valve his mother mentioned earlier as the size and intensity reduced to about half. Any smaller than that and the apprentice would not be able to maintain it.

He touched the side of one of the left over cuts as a single point lit up in the skin. He began to zig-zag back and forth over the wound as it stiched itself up. The strings were extremely thick and strong which was not the intened use of the jutus.

”Well done for your first attempt. With more practice you’ll be able to refine the jutsu you learned here today. Who knows maybe we can let you come and assist with a few patience once you master a few more basics!”

Yukari’s eyes it up with hope as she clasper her hands over her heart wanting nothing more than her child to work in the hospital. ”Thank you very much for these lessons Jinto Senpai. If I may, I would like to request another one in the future when you can spare the time.”

He smiled and agreed easily as a messenger had peeked around the corner summing the Doctor for an emergency surgery. ”Please go Jinto-sama, I will take care of the clean up here. Thank you again for sparing your time.” She bowed as the short statured man left the room leaving the young genin inspired.
Jutsu’s trainingShow
WC: 2972 (D rank = (1400 – (41*10)) = 990
*[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique] 990/990
*[Iijutsu • Bandage Technique] 990/990
*[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching] 992/990

*[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
As sanitation cannot always be guaranteed in field operations, this technique provides a quick substitute to traditional sterilization methods. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will channel the chakra throughout his/her upper body (torso, arms, hands, face). This chakra will chew away at harmful bacteria and other foreign bodies on the skin, cleansing it until it is thoroughly sterile, and can be spread to objects, most commonly surgical tools. Of course, this takes both concentration and time, and in order to sterilize the entire upper body, it will take a duration of one (1) post. Users of this technique can also choose to sterilize certain parts of their upper body or the wounds of another person instead for a lesser concentration period. Once they are sanitized, they remain this way until coming in contact with more bacteria.
*[Iijutsu • Bandage Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
A simple yet vital medical technique, the *[Iijutsu • Bandage Technique] provides its users with the ability to create makeshift bandages out of any suitable material they desire. After channeling chakra into an object (such as a leaf, piece of cloth, etc.), the user is able to apply it to the wound of a patient. Once applied, the selected object will adhere to the flesh around the wound, protecting it from bacteria and other harmful foreign bodies. Objects used for the bandage technique are automatically sterilized in the process. These bandages drain a minuscule amount of chakra from the person it is attatched to in order to keep them stuck on, theoretically, ad-infinitum, and can be cancelled at any time by the user with a single handseal. While not as effective at stopping bleeding as the [Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching] technique, they hold on much better in the case that strenuous movement is necessary.

*[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
When traditional stitching supplies aren't available, *[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching] truly shines. After performing a short set of handseals, the user will gently place his/her index finger at the base of the patient's wound. Once this is done, the user will lift his/her finger and touch it to the other side of the wound, causing a visible 'stitch' of chakra to appear. This is repeated until the wound has been pulled together. Although precision is key, this technique can still be performed relatively quickly. Small to moderate wounds take very little time to stitch, while large wounds will take one (1) post of work to mend. This technique drains a minuscule amount of chakra from the person it is attached to in order to keep the stitches going, theoretically, ad-infinitum, and can be cancelled at any time by the user with a single handseal. Any intensive or strenuous movements will cause the stitches to break.

broodboy

A Starry Night

Post by broodboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:15 am

It was another beautiful day in Suna. Akihiro was in his second favorite place in the village and that was the archive. While he did not have unfettered access to every shelf and room now that he was a genin it was much easier to come in and read without any other reason other than having to express that it was for training. Truth be told that was the reason why he was here today, but he felt like he shouldn’t need to use that reason all the time. Sometimes the comfort of a book or scroll, the way it smelled and how the course pages felt on his fingers should be enough.

His father noticed a pattern in his son’s training habits. The armory, hospital, and the archives is where the boy spent most of his time. Which fit in with the theme of many other Henrin clan members. They supported a large amount of logistics and infrastructure within the village and his son, Akihiro, was well on his way to find his niche. The skills that the genin was developing were not ones that could be trained on the battle field or in training ground. They had to be studied, understood practiced, and then put into use through careful consideration and preparation.

He was in the archives today to learn about various fuuin jutsu. Much like ninja tools, weapons, puppets, medical ninjutsu, their use and effectiveness was entirely up to the creativity of the user creating the seal formula. During his time in the academy at his pre-assessment interview with the elders they had made a note in his file that stated he had an aptitude for such jutsu. It was not until recently that he started to really delve into the intricacies that make up a jutsu formula and how the structure can prevent certain things from happening. Sure he knew how to store things into scrolls at the basic level. That was easy enough, but if he wanted to be more useful than a pack mule to a team he would need to understand how fuuin can augment items and people.

In his reading from how the Henrin genin understood the seal itself acted as a control while the caster of the jutsu pumped chakra into it to enact its effect. Knowing which jutsu formula worked together was crucial as well as the speed in which the user was able to etch the jutsu formula onto the surface. There were two methods of enacting a jutsu formula or creating it. With extreme speed and deftness the user would write it out as quickly as possible in the heat of the moment or they would perform a few hand seals creating the seal where they touched. One seemed to be preparatory and the other a more combat orientated style. While not all jutsu could be performed ahead of time and the ability to create seal formula on the fly was crucial, most fuuin were kept on scrolls ready to be used in pre-cognitive ways and only in the ways outlined within the seal formula.

There was an index in the scroll he was reading ranging form a myriad of jutsu. One caught his eye that required creativity, set up, and teamwork. A diagram covered the page depicting sealing tags placed in four corners connected by a line. A barrier would be erected capturing whatever was within or blocking anything from outside of it. Akihiro wondered if additional tags or people would strengthen the barrier against assaults or imprisonments. He carefully wrote out a few dozen barrier tags in preparation for his work.

He would start out small placing the tags in the four corners of the table that he was sitting at within the archives. While explicitly specified he wanted to play around with the connections of the tags themselves. At first he performed kai with a puff of smoke as nothing happened. He then drew a line with black ink connecting the top two of the square with each and then the bottom two with each other. Again he performed kai with a faint blue spark enveloping the tags as the chakra traveled along the ink towards each other. However, that is where they stopped.

I guess scrolls are explicit for a reason. Sadly it seems these rules are set in stone with my current level of understanding.

Lastly he placed four barrier tags again in a square on the table expecting a barrier to be erected much like a cube. He drew the lines and connected the entire square. Soon after he performed kai and the chakra erupted from the four tags and formed a barrier, but not in the way he understood the writing. Flat just over the tables surface was a two dimensional chakra barrier. He tapped it as a sound like warped metal echoed in the quiet alcoves he was in.

Huh, I really misread that one. But this makes much more sense. I wonder how long it lasts or how strong it is.

He got up from the table and took a step back. He raised both hands over his head balled into fists and brought them down swiftly. The unfamiliar sound of might meeting chakra erupted once more. It was sturdy. Akihiro performed several hand seals enveloping his arms and legs in a chakra trail and went to hit the barrier once more. With a soft punch followed by the secondary impact of his trail. The barrier shattered like glass as the tags burned up from having spent their purpose.

It is slightly weaker than my current physical strength but, was able to withstand several hits consecutively. I will need to write a more complex fuuin in order to increase what it can absorb. He thought to himself

He wondered if the only shape he could make was a two dimensional square and set out to see if he could erect a cube. He spent some time making a few more barrier tags, a practice he was getting used to doing albeit repetitive. This time he opted to place four tags on the ground no more than a meter apart from each other. He closed his eyes briefly to envision what a cube of chakra would look like with its base starting as a square from the four tags and quickly erecting itself as fast as his chakra would allow.

kai! He thought just like before. Quickly the tags erupted with the sealed formula a barrier quickly rising up one meter into a perfect cube. He grinned at the creative applications he could get by with this simple jutsu but the set up required for it probably prevented many from using it mid fight. He walked back over to the table and left the barrier there to persist to see how long it would take to dissipate and began again to peruse through the heavily documents index. Some how fate new where to lead him. Fuuin jutsu, il jutsu, and eventually puppetry all required at their pinnacle an extreme amount of control and understandings, but lessons could be overlapped from one another to help make the training on it much easier.

Take Medical ninjutsu and Fuuin ninjutsu, ideas raced in his head much like drawings and schematics did for shields and armors. One day he would understand how to overlay jutsu formula into seals and use them to conduct medial examinations and treatments for future use. His eyes scanned the index page and saw something that would help with just such a thing. A fuuin technique in which the user tattooed a jutsu formula onto the skin to enact a specific effect. Another that caught his eye was strengthening his equipment through fuuin jutsu giving an edge to whatever he created based on the complexity and size of the formula.

Sadly, none of these would currently lend him a hand in his support role tomorrow and would require much more study than he had time for today. Just has he was about to close the book he read about a jutsu designed to link multiple members of a team together some how.

This jutsu when performed correctly will be placed just behind the ear of the user and all targets. By performing the required hand seals the use create a fuuin seal there and touches the lips of themselves and all targets they desire establishing an auditory link between all members of a team. The Suna genin’s eyes lit up with excitement. Usually, communication between team members was done through slight of hand drops or advanced communications devices. Some shinobi even used companions to deliver messages. Why this jutsu wasn’t taught in the academy to everyone he would never know but, perhaps it was because not everyone had the finesse required for fuuin ninjutsu.

Akihiro understood that the greater the strength of a jutsu formula seal the bigger the seal needed to be. However, strength was relative and more often than not smaller fuuin like the one he read about were small. What they lacked in actual destructive power they more than made up for in utility. The young man read the entirety of the jutsu understanding the need for allowing chakra flow to be present in its design. There was just one problem. Akihiro had no one to practice the jutsu with. Perhaps his mother would lend him a hand down at the hospital or his father, but memory reminded him that they were both too busy today with work to assist in his training and would not be home until late in the evening. Not that he wanted it he just needed someone, anyone. He spent so long in the archives that the concept of time left his mind or food for that matter. Utilizing all these jutsu had developed an appetite that would need to be addressed before anything further could take place. He packed his things and headed for the entrance.

The wind of Suna breathed life back into his lungs that were confined to the stuffy concrete walls of the archive. The sound of it rushing through the city was like a lullaby easing the village to sleep. The sky was clear of clouds as the dark blue was offset by the shining white of the stars. He forgot how beautiful can be in the evening. He was usually tucked away in a room or workshop during this time. He strolled the well lit streets headed toward one of his favorite spots for dinner. He would get a don boll with extra crispy garlic. Something about the sweet and sharp flavor of fried rice and garlic sent his move into a salivating frenzy. Paired with a melon juice squeezed from the locally grown produce of the Souseiji clan.

He rubbed his over filled belly and proclaimed. ”I am full, what an excellent meal. My compliments to the cook. I needed a break from studying and training. This really hit the spot.”’ Yui, the daughter of the restaurants chef smiled with delight. She was several years older than Akihiro and often treated him like a younger brother. Although the shinobi life did not suit her she enjoyed feeding the village and taking care of them.

”What are you studing these days Aki-chan” The young boys brow furrowed. ”You know I hate it when you treat me like a child. I am a genin now!” Yui laughed slightly but quickly regained her composure. ”I apologize, Henrin Akihiro-dono what ways are you studying to protect the village now?” Her sarcasm was more potent than a jounins poison. ”You wouldn’t understand it’s a shinobi thing….” his voice subdued slighty. ”I don’t have anyone to practice with today so I got stuck”

Her eyes flushed with a faint tear as she placed her trey onto the table and grabbed Akihiro’s hands in hers. ”I will help you In any way I can. You know that right? I have watch you get garlic fried rice here for five years now. Please. If I can help let me know”

A slight glimmer of hope crossed over his mind. Quickly he dug into his backpack and pulled out his notes on the jutsu. After explaining to Yui-san what he needed to do she agreed easily. ”Being able to hear you in my head sounds really cool, Aki!” The boy let out a small smile from her excitement.

Fuuin jutsu were use to store things, seal things, enact effects, they were not like regular jutsu and this he could not envison them as such. He began to form the seals needed to start the jutsu as he touched his ear and lips. A black seal no larger than a thumb appeared behind his ear. Much like his storage seals he would place the words he was speaking into the seal behind his ear and they would then come out at the one on Yui’s or at least that was the plan. With his done he moved to perform hers and quickly tapped her ears and lips. There was just one problem.

He went to speak but instead of his words coming out they went straight into the seal and vice versa. Somewhere in the formula he had neglected to impart the mechanism for turning it on or off. At least it was a half success and in the future he would not forget to write the seal in its entirety. With that small hic up in motioned for Yui to sit here as he ran off down the street a good five meters away.

”Yui, can you hear me? What kind of soda do you want from the machine?” She let out a gasp as the words came through the seal right next to her ear. ”Aki, I can hear you! This is so cool! Bring me a melon one and I’ll get dad to make us some mochi!” He jumped up and cheered in the quiet street. Drawing the attention of random villagers that happened to be passing by. His enthusiasm was electric as the words form his mentor’s resonated in him. Maybe I really am suited for this kind of stuff. With a satisfied day behind him the young man grabbed the promised soda and went off to the café to enjoy his well deserved dessert in the desert.

Jutsu trainedShow
2397/2380
*Charge Fuuinjutsu • Barrier Trap 990/990
*Augment Fuuinjutsu • Link 1407/1390

*Charge Fuuinjutsu • Barrier Trap
D-Rank Fuuinjutsu
After placing four barrier tags in a square, the user draws a line connecting each of the tags. When kai'd, all the tags are set off simultaneously throwing up a barrier at a strength and speed of the user’s [Control]. This barrier lasts for 4 posts.
*Augment Fuuinjutsu • Link
C-Rank Fuuinjutsu
By performing the necessary hand seals, the user will then touch their target’s ear and on the lips, this creates an audio link between themselves and any targets they personally place this seal combination on. While hearing is always active, channeling chakra into the seal allows affected targets to speak, their words being stored and transmitted to the other seals. The act of speaking charges negligent chakra.

broodboy

One stitch, Two Stitch, Green Stitch, Blue Stitch

Post by broodboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:07 am

While true that the majority of Akihiro’s academy days were spent on physical training that did not mean he enjoyed them. Truth be told it was his father’s idea to focus on a foundation of taijutsu first hoping that he would be able to teach him the family’s style. Despite those wishes, he opted for another style entirely. One that, much like the young man’s personality, allowed him to just skate by and hold his ground where he stood. Lately, he had become obsessed with shields, and one time when his mother brought him lunch down at the smithy the walls were covered in various blueprints of shields with the mechanism inside of them like a puppet. She did not know what to make of it, but it felt like a bastardization of the countries secret style. That was her probably just being a purist though.

However, today he was not training Kugapou. No, he wanted to continue the lessons from Jinto Senpai and those of his mother over his control of chakra. The things he wanted to learn and study all seemed to coalesce around this concept of chakra regulation and with his limited supply the ability to scale back his output like selecting the right wrench was extremely important until it improved. He remembered chakra training at the academy. It was grueling and exhausting just emitting as much chakra as you could until you passed out from the exhaustion. He never felt accomplished with that sort of training only ever tired, worn out, and left with small fruits of labor. At least with working on his control he could feel the increases and decreases in his chakra like a bellow causing a fore fire to burn brighter or softer depending on how much air he pumped into it.

A common practice to all Henrin, Akihiro was writing in his daily journal about his past few days before he reviewed the memory in question. Reading over the text that explicitly talked about his training in chakra stitching and recalling the variances in the thickness he could make in the strings based on the amount of chakra he applied to the technique. He closed the book and grabbed his supplies along with a few fruits for the day before he headed out to the hospital. There he would have access to a training theater along with the availability of the cadaver puppet he used last time. He would master this jutsu and learn to regulate his chakra better through it. This fundamental understanding of regulation would eventually open a path for him to excel more in supportive formations.

He arrived mid-day at the front desk of this hospital and was warmly greeted by the staff. He started coming so often that the nurses learned his name relatively quickly along with his quiet attitude for work. Ever since the chuunin exams, he had been highly driven to carve his niche into the ninja world and be different than the rest of them. One day he would have trickery of his own.

”Good afternoon, Akihiro-chan. Back again today to work on some medical techniques.” His hood hung low on his face and the glint from his crimson ringed eyes pierced the shadow like a demon. ”You could say that. May I please have the room that I used last week if it is available.” She giggled as his broody attitude and happily looked at the schedule. She passed him the key and giggles. ”You can use it all day, just don’t forget to eat this time.” Before she could finish talking he was already walking down the stairs towards the studio as he flashed a handful of fruit in her direction.

She nudged another nurse at the front desk and nodded her head towards Akihiro”They are so cute when they are that age. Full of angst and something to prove.”’ They both chuckled and went about their tasks in the busy hospital.

The training rooms were sparse. A little more than four walls, a table in the center, a few chairs, a diffused lamp that shined a soft light on the rest of the room. Some came with windows and others did not. Akihiro enjoyed this particular room because of the window view it gave him when he would get lost in thought or needed a break, he could stair out overlooking the smithy. Something about the calming sight of smoke billowing from the chimneys helped him regulate his breathing and refocus his efforts.

There was a small fuuin seal on the table that when chakra was passed through it lead straight to the archives where you could request materials be sent to the room. He now knew this seal to be a version of the link fuuin jutsu that let one's voice travel to a recipient seal located somewhere else. He placed his hand on the seal and channeled chakra into the formula. He wondered if control would affect the volume output on the other side, but thought against it in case something happened he could not control.

”Hello, I am in training hall four zero two. I would like to work on my chakra stitching if you could bring me the training dummy for it.” A soft elderly voice came through the seal on Akihiro’s side. ”I’ll have it sent to you right away. Is there anything else you need for your studies?” The genin paused for a moment contemplating If this would be the only thing that he worked on today. ”No, that will be all. Thank you very much.” The more he studied fuuin jutsu the better he understood the technology of the village. About five minutes later a soft knock on the door announced the arrival of the practice dummy. The runner placed the large scroll on the table and rolled it out. ”Do you need me to extract it for you?” Akihiro shook his head left to right as that was something far within his ability now.

A simple kai released the training cadaver onto the table in a puff of smoke with a slight thud reverberating in the room when the various parts of the dummy hit the table. Akihiro looked up and down its form noting the various types of cuts, their length, their depth, and location.

Control Training WC: 1057 +1 C so far

broodboy

Flash Back: A Day to Remember

Post by broodboy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:45 pm

It was dreadfully early in the morning as the alarm went of signaling to Akihiro that it was time to get up and start is daily regiment. His mother ran a strict house hold and that meant being up at a specific hour to work on the one thing you hated working on the most so it was out of the way for the day. For Aki, that meant taijutsu training. However, once it was out of the way he could spend the entire day over at the forges. Previously in the week at his preliminary assessment at the academy he was told that he would be learning about armors mothing, artisan crafts, and weapon making. Just the thought of learning about how to make them all pumped the young soon to be genin’s blood.

He put on his usual garments and hastily brushed his teeth and put on a unwashed hood from the day before. Personal higene never was a top priority for him. His mother would have something to say about that later assuming she caught him. She always caught him. He packed his bag with extra paper for the day and some pens to write with and headed down to breakfast.

”Excited for the first day Beetle?” She placed a bowl of fruit and some eggs on the table. ”I am Mother. I was excited when the elders said I would get to work on my support elements.” She sat down and looked him in the eyes while wiping off the table top of some crumbs from last night. ”Remember the deal we had right? You spend the morning practicing Taijutsu with your father and then you can tinker away all you want after your classes.” Akihiro shoved an over easy egg into his mouth whole and swallowed. He grabbed a piece of toast on his way out while finishing some fresh juice his mother had put out for him. ” I knnnoow… I knooww.. Irm hearding to further right nowe.” Just like that he was out the door to the small backyard his family had within the Henrin compound.

The floor was entirely made of dirt and sand. A small ring at its center with various training dummies lined up against the back wall. Some would rotate, some would throw kunai at you. A hefty amount of weight lifting equipment to include ankle, wrist, and body weight vests. If his mother was the brains of the family his father was surely the brawn. ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred!” A boisterous loud voice exclaimed. His fathers neck quickly turned at the arrival of his son as he lept into the air from a pushup position flying high.

”AKIHIRO!” He lands in front of his son and hugs him with all his strength lifting him up into the air. ”Let go of me I can not breath you gorilla!” he put his son down with enthusiasm. ”Are you ready to practice this morning. I know you said you don’t want to work on the family taijutsu, but I thought I would teach you something else! How about!?” His father was always loud, muscular, and over enthusiastic about training. ”Why don’t you teach me something about the family’s tai instead. I feel bad all the time learning kugapau from Mother.” His father’s excitement soared as he let out a yell of pure joy. ”Where to start!? We could work on kicks, launches, follow up kicks, head kicks..” He went on to ramble until Akihiro interjected. ”Lets just start off with the basics.” His father dropped the many training tools he grabbed in an instant and rushed over to him. ”Yes, you’re right! I think you will like this technique!”

The two walked over to a dummy along the back wall. His father behind him with Akihiro assuming the typical Ryeuusei Ken stance. One leg slightly placed forward and the other behind. His arms placed in front one behind the other slightly bent and relaxed. It was amateur at best, but he did not practice it too often. His father touched his inner thighs with his legs moving them to the proper spacing and gently lowers the young genin’s arms lower on his chest correcting any mistakes he had. His voice oddly focused, calm, and deadly. When it came to taijutsu his father was always serious. So much in fact that it was like dealing with an entirely different person. ”Now, you know our family has gifted minds. So much in fact that I doubt I will ever have to correct your form again just from your memory. However, you can take this one step further. When you are fighting an opponent I want you to remember where you hit, but don’t use your full force. Instead focus on speed and precision making the blow feel light when in fact it is doing more damage than you think.”

He walked around to position himself behind the dummy which had various rotating arms that Aki needed to block while at the same time attacking. The sound of wood hitting his guard softly was like a battle hymn. ”It does not make much sense to hold your strikes back. Knowing me I will only ever get one chance for a hit.” His father let out a devilish chuckle. ”Fair, strike with all your might anywhere you like and see if you can damage the integrity of the training dummy.” His father barely finished the statement before Akihiro landed a solid open palmed strike onto the dummies core causing it to vibrate slightly as the shock was sent through its frame. ”Excellent, now do it my way, use that perfect memory of yours and strike this spot.” He pointed to where someone’s kidney would be, ”Three times in quick succession. Focusing on speed for the first two strikes and on the last strike use as much strength as you like. Oh, one more thing, with your pointer and middle fingers.”

Confused he shook his hands trying to relaxing them so he could assume this new way of attacking. The arms began to swivel again. Slowly at first, but then his father picked up the pace. Aki blocked with his left arm and stabbed at the kidney with one strike at high speed. A satisfying hollow ‘thump’ signaled to him that he hit his mark, but his fingers hurt a bit from the new form. ”If you are going to be effective you need to strike more than once, faster Akihiro, faster!” The speed of the arms picked up pace once more and the small child had trouble keeping up. Sometimes the small wooden ‘arm’ advancing past his guard and giving him a light tap on his arm, shoulder, leg. It was starting to break his focus. ”Your opponent is pummeling you, what are you going to do!”

This was exactly why he hated training with his father. He pushed him to the breaking point. Unlike him Akihiro took after his mother for the most part and needed to time think and comprehend. Hell, he enjoyed it. His father new one mode, go. His resentment was rising and in a burst of anger he double guarded against the two arms coming at him form both sides. Tucking his elbows down to his hips and his hands close to his ears creating a full guard. He pushed them away with force causing them to start moving back towards his father on the other side. Quickly he made precise attacks. The first soft but quick much like the previous one. The second fueled with a bit more power as his anger rose. The wood on the target split in the area a bit. The third was so fast and so powerful that his fingers went into its core two inches. His father erupted, ”YES! JUST LIKE THAT!” The boy looked at him with ragged breath frustrated that all he seemed to care about was the result. ”We are done for today. If I have to get angry every time just to be fast enough to make this taijutsu work then I would rather just not use it. This style is worthless and only someone as simple minded as you would be good at it.” Akihiro’s frustration was so deep that his words struck at his father one after the other like quick jabs. The family style would always have a dark stain on it for him unless he found a new teacher for it. Sadly, his father was one of the predominant practitioners of the style in the family. His father stood there for a moment before it seemed like his personality switched. ”Man, you really do take after your mother. I’m sorry Beetle, you know it is hard to control myself when it comes to fighting.”

The boy did not respond as he placed his hood over his sweaty messy hair and grabbed his bag to leave the family compound and head towards the forges. ”Now for some actually useful learning.” The walk from the Henrin family compound to the forges across the village was a long one. The academy had not officially started yet, but there were classes he was allowed to take since the elders had pushed him along this path. Much like hand to hand combat working in the forges took muscle and endurance as the heat can cause effects on the smith’s body if not properly taken care of. He was half way across the village when his stomach rumbled when he passed a hot bun stand.

The smell of minced pork tossed in spices slowly steam cooked in a pocket of white fluffy dough made his mouth salivate. ”These look amazing, I would like to buy one please” His mother always made sure he carried a little ryo on him for whatever reason and today he was glad for it. The woman behind the cart stand seemed seasoned and plump. A white bandana covering her hair and a modest dress worn to floor length. An apron with the words, “Best Bun’s in the Village,” was worn to protect her outfit from food scrapes while cooking. A sheer sheet attached to the top of her stand and a pole provided marginal relief from the heat as the wind blew into it like a sail slightly. ”Of course dear. Are you on your way to the academy today” He reached out for the hot bun wrapped in wax paper, hand trembling from the pain from earlier. ”Yes Mam, today is my first day at the forges of Suna.” The sweet woman looked on noticing the bruseing along his hands and with a sympathetic tone, ”Here you are little Sand Shinobi, this is for your hard work in working to protect people like me.” She handed him an extra large sized one with pork practically breaking the seems of the dough apart. Some how this act of kindness made his fathers harsh training slightly more bearable. ”Thank you so much! I will be sure to train hard to protect all those of Sunagakure, and you really do have the best steam buns in the village.” He bowed with gratitude before walking away with a friendly wave and a smile on his face. One act changed his whole day and even more so than before he was excited to learn about the formation of metal into armor.

It did not take much longer for him to arrive at the doors of the Suna forges, bits of steam bun left on his face from quick eating that he would not notice. He read that at one point the massive academy the village housed now was actually four separate academies all doing different portions of a shinobi’s training, but today it was the beacon of future learning that would form him into the villages greatest asset. The forges were located in a facility adjacent to the school and its practical classes were usually held on site while the theory of forging was done in a classroom setting. Today, Akishiro would attend both. A seminar on metals, their properties and which alloy is best used for what along with heating and melting points, impurities, and stresses on metal when tempered. Later in the evening he would spend a few hours observing the creation of various pieces of armor and applying what he learned in the class room.

He looked at the paper he received last time he was at the academy denoting the room. ”Classroom twenty-two A…. must be… this way” The halls were like a maze to him, but luckily he had a map. Usually, the place would be crawling with students and teachers alike, but because it was the weekend it was almost dead. He some how preferred it that way, alone with his thoughts and ideas and just learning about the one thing that brought him joy. It took a moment but eventually he found the room yet no one was in it. ”Am I early or perhaps have the wrong room?” He checked the note one more time before confirming that he was indeed at the right location. He entered the empty room and waited for what seemed like thirty minuets. In reality it was ten.

The sound of a cane walking down the hall echoed before the door silently slid open. Before him an extremely old gentleman appeared. Bald headed with wrinkles on every aspect of his body. He wore a loose fitting brown hayori that hung just above the floor revealing wooden sandals. He walked into the room slowly as elderly men do. His eyes shut and some how knowing exactly where everything was. ”So, there was only one the elders sent my way this year. Better than last year I supposed. You boy, what is your name.” A bead of sweat dripped from the students forehead as he swallowed the frog in his thought. Oddly the old man’s presence was hard to bear. ”Henrin, Akihiro Senpai. It is an honor to be taught by you.” The old man stroked his over sized eye brows that he grew out for several years. ”A Henrin pupil you say…… what a pleasant surprise. Your family has never dabbled in artisan work before. Why do you want to become a blacksmith.” Akihiro never put much thought into it before. He always just felt drawn to the embrace of steal and the epic tail of the witch. ”Honestly Sensei…. Because it is cool.” There was a small silence as the old man furrowed a brow. ”You may call me Ohta Senpai and from this moment on I will teach you all I know. So be sure to pay attention as I don’t repeat myself, that shouldn’t be a problem for the likes of you.” clearly referring to his family’s memory. ”Hai, Ohta Senapu!.” He bowed quickly and resumed sitting once more. Quickly he pulled out his paper and pen and pulled his hood down. The old man’s face curling into a fox smile. Good…. Good… he is eager. You don’t see that every day in academy students. All they seem to care about is learning ninjutsu or class fights. This one has promise, maybe Sunagakure will be left in good hands after I have gone then and I can stop holding onto this body of dust.

Ohta shuffled over to the edge of a long chalk board that wrapped around the room. He placed his wooden cane against the wall and picked up several pieces of chalk between both of his hands fingers. With a pointed look at Akihiro he burst into almost imperceptible speed around the room only leaving a trail of instruction on the black board and coming to a full stop where he began. How did he move so quickly. My eye’s couldn’t track where he was it was almost as if I blinked and the lesson was on the boards. The teacher shakily grabbed his cane once more and walked to the center of the room as he placed it in front of him and rested both of his palms on the handle. He began lecturing as if nothing was amiss.

”Now, as you can see there are a number of basics you need to commit to memory before I will allow you to step foot into my forge. Let us start with the basic materials and as you grow into a master smith this list will only get larger. To start off we have wrought iron also referred to has black iron or black copper. This is a blacksmiths first metal they learn to work with. By melting iron down to remove its impurity and then hammering that solid block of molten iron we get an extremely hard and sturdy piece of metal that can be shaped and formed or even rolled to whatever we like. The more impurity the piece of iron has the less you will want to use it for actual combat and instead use it as one of the many tools needed for smithing.” Akihiro could barely keep up writing in his note book it all seemed to go so fast. He did not know if he was paying attention or not until the instructor slammed his staff on the ground snapping the young mans attention. ”Why are you wasting your time writing in my class. You are a Henrin are you not? Use that fancy brain of yours and commit my lecture to memory!” Stunned by his words Akihiro put his pen down, straitened his back and folded his hands together. ”Yes, Senpai!”

”Stronger than wrought iron is steel which takes great skill in creating. You need to fold iron and carbon together seamlessly and I an advanced technique. But ones mastered creates some of the most reliable and never breaking tools known to the ninja world. Copper is a soft metal used in jewelry making and some tools can be made of it as well, but its not too great for battle, many puppet mechanisms contain copper and the next metal bronze. Bronze is another metal composed of two types of metals called an alloy. There was a time where every shinobi tool was made from it but with the discovery of how to work iron it is predominantly used for more refined smithing like copper. Then of course you have wood and stone which these days are almost obsolete however, they stull have their place when it comes to tool construction or Tonfa’s, bo-staffs, bow and arrows. The list goes on. This concludes the lecture on beginner materials. Master these and there is not a weapon alive you won’t be able to craft at exceptional quality and cost. Remember, material selection is the first step in crafting.” The lecture was full of useful information and was more thorough than Akihiro thought it would be. ”Take a few hours to eat and recall the lecture and write down everything on the board and meet me in the forge after where we will go over tools and basic techniques.” Akihiro nodded and immediately began writing as the old man disappeared without a sound save for the door swinging back and forth. ”How does that old man move so fast.”

He pulled out a scroll his mother gave him and laid it on the table performing kai after. With a small puff of white smoke a bottle of water, three tuna mayo onigiri, and some pickled vegetables appeared as if they were just prepared. He ate them casually with his left hand as his right hand scribbled line after line of notes about the various metals the Ohta had talked about. ”It is a good thing I have this memory, I would have been here all day if not for it.” About an hour later his belly and note book were both full. Satisfied he packed his things up and cleaned the classroom, starting with the board and then wiping the desks and floors before heading to the forges.

Standing at the gate to the forges were two large wooden doors with metal rivets along the center. Various metal worked statues guarded its entrance and the sound of the billows resonated in the boy’s ear. It had taken all day but he was about to take his first step into his desired future. Unnoticed by Aki was Ohta standing at the front gate waiting for him. Hopefully you are ready for the intense heat of my forges, Akihiro-chan.” With that said he tapped his staff on the floor and the doors slowly opened up to reveal the inner workings of the Suna forges. ”Then let us begin. Come now.” He walked briskly to one of the many work benches littered with tools.

Ohta began to point to things with his staff not feeling the need to remind Akihiro to just pay attention. A learning method only someone of his genes could use. ”Firstly we have the smiths apron which can handle the intense heat pushed out by the furnaces and any other metal you are working. Generally they are flame resistant not proof. Then you have your various tools to hold and manipulate the metal keeping your hands and body safe. Tongs, vice grips, and holding tongs… don’t ask me I didn’t name them. Next your best friend and arguably the most important tool of all, your hammer. With it you will forge great works. We will go over how to use it along with the anvil after the forge demonstration. Next we have the heating torch used to heat small areas of a metal for more precise shaping or even cuts. Then you have the squelching bucket arguably one of the most important assistance in the shop. It is filled with mineral water used to rapidly cool down metal at a steady rate to prevent gradients from forming in the integrity of the metal.” The old man looked around to see if he missed anything before walking over to what looked like a giant oven behind the station.

He walked to it smoothly and placed a hand on the rock that made it. It was warm to the touch and the billows made it feel like it was alilve. He placed his forhead against it. ”Hello old girl.” Ohta turned around to face Aki. ”Behind me his Hotaru, I built her with these very two hands. One day, you will want to build your own. Some people will use coal others will use wood, and even recently foragemasters have began to use ninjutsu to stoke their fires. To melt metal or soften it the temperature must reach seven hundred and eighty degrees centigrade. The billows add oxygen to the flame to make it burn even hotter and every person develops their own method over time. Opening that door is like looking into hell itself so be sure you have on the proper equipment or have steeled your resolve.” Akihiro’s eyes went big. He could feel the pulsating heat off of Hotaru as it made its way through his lungs. It burned like he was breathing in a dry sauna that was too hot to stay in. ”How…. Beautiful” His eyes shimmered with awe.

”Now moving on to a practical demonstration of the basics required to shape metal into what we want it to do. Pay close attention as you will be doing this before the day is over but I will briefly go over it at speed.” The old man shuffled over to the work bench and placed his cane on it. He took his hayori off to reveal a physique that rivaled Akihiro’s father. Every inch of him was covered in tightly packed muscle with vein bulging out. Aki was taken back for a moment. Ohta placed the apron on his naked chest and grabbed some gloves and a long pair of tongs before digging in a box for a two inch cube of iron. ”Watch carefully and be sure not to miss this, Aki.” He placed it into the furnace and pumped the billows spewing air into it causing the coals to light up instantly. It must have had some type of other method of heating because the small cube began to glow searingly white hot instantly. ”Now!”

He deftly grabbed the tongs and slugged the cube onto the anvil held out his hammer and paused for a moment. In a flash the piece if metal was flattened out and shapped to how he wanted. ”I have used a comination of the three basic elements of metal shaping, drawing out, upsetting, and peining. Each has their purpose and with that..” He readied his hammer once more staring down with intensity at the still glowing metal. Another flash of sparks erupted from the collision, ”We can shape create anything we want like a bracer for armor.” he put his hammer down and grabbed the tongs to pick up the thin metal bracer he created and dip it into the squelching bin. A satisfying sound was all that was left of the almost instant fabrication of the armor.

”How did you do it so quickly I barely could see. Will I be that fast?” The old man laughed. ”I am hoping you will be better than me, but let’s start you off with the basics. Grab a small piece of metal like I did and get ready to heat it.” Akihiro did so and the two worked several hours on the basics of everything he needed to know to forge armor. By the end of it he was exhausted although Ohta did not seem fazed buy it at all.

”Excellent work today, Akihiro-chan. I will give my recommendation to the elders in the morning. Now hurry along home for supper. I would say you earned it from the punishment the forges put you through.” Aki was exhausted but some how felt entirely alive. ”Hai, Senpai. You honor me with your praise. I look forward to learning more.” With that he grabbed his things and hobbled his way out of the smith and back into the night streets of the village. He eagerily arrived home to tell his mother about his day.

He searched the house, but could not find her. He lamented to looking in the back yard to see her waiting for him there with a stare that could kill. No doubt to lecture him about earlier with his father. ”Mother, do we have to do this right now. I am exhausted from my day.” She said nothing. Only the stare that would not quit. A common misconception in Akihiro’s household was that his father was the cold hearted killer type. In fact, when not on mission or putting on heirs for the Henrin family he was very sweet and understanding. Image meant a lot to him. His mother on the other hand was as deadly as the poisons she new how to make. This was not the first time the two faced off like this.

He paced himself some distance away from her and assumed a fighting pose. Ironically, the one his father showed him earlier. ”Oh, you would like to battle this way tonight, Beetle. Then let your mother teach you something about our family style.” She too raised her arms for combat offsetting her feet. ”What your father did not show you to start with is the basis of our taijutsu. It is meant to be so quick that your opponent is caught off guard. That is why he is able to land so many hits at once on the same spot… like this.” She ducked and dashed straight towards him. Appearing below and raising her body to be within his guard sending his arms flying away. One, two, three, in quick deadly succession at his right shoulder. Each one hurting more than the last until he could not even move his arm.

”Ahhhh!” He exclaimed in pain. Maybe if he had not spent all day swinging a hammer he would have been faster, but that is just something he told himself to save his ego. ”Do you need another example? Etch it into your memory, Beetle and never speak to your father like that again. I will be taking over your taijutsu training from here on out as it seems we are better suited to talk.” Her cold calculated way of speaking frightened the genin, but oddly he admired it. ”Yes Mam.” He bowed in apology for his misstep earlier and would commit the lesson about the family taijutsu to memory. With that he ran upstairs as tears flowed from his eyes. Exhausted, confused, and happy all at the same time.

”We certainly have our hands full with that one don’t we, Honey.”
Jutsu trainedShow
Apprentice Fabrication: Armor 990/990
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prequisite: Weapons Crafting;
Understanding the basic forms for armors, helmets, chest pieces, bracers, grieves, gauntlets, and the like. The user has learned to create them efficiently not wasting any material resulting in a reduction in the cost of the base item by half.
Apprentice Understanding: Materials 990/990
Prequisite: Weapons Crafting;
Having spent several hours dedicated to the study of various materials used in craftsmanship the user is able to select the highest grade and most appropriate one for the job. This means the user can reinforce his crafts more efficiently. Instead of the First Stat value being priced at 2x it is instead priced at 1x.
~Ryuusei Ken – Heavenly Impact 990/990
This is more of a base technique, rather than a specific one, but, while using kicks and punches, the user waits for exactly the right moment, then, in a flash of movement, strikes with all of their power. This is heavily reliant on the Henrin's speed; the higher their speed stat, the harder it will be for an opponent to read their attacks and react.
~Ryuusei Ken – Stardust 1390/1390
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Since the family member has the ability to remember exactly where they hit, they are able to utilize their Taijutsu skills to their maximum ability. Rather than putting their full power into each hit, they purposefully tone down their own hits, making their moves also just ‘barely’ miss, while in fact they are hitting with an incredible accuracy along with using the maximum power possible for the style. In doing so, each actual hit barely feels like anything at all, until the ‘final’ hit. This will make it seem like a whole lot more power was in the actual hit, due to the previous damage, while also causing a massive pain throughout the target’s body.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”