Tuesday at Training Field Twenty

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:08 am

Shinobi kumite. Since graduation Kaito hadn’t had to fight. While he appreciated not getting hit in the face, he also wondered how he was going to keep up with his peers if all he ever studied was medicine. He couldn’t depend on his teammates to always protect him. Eventually he’d have to stand alone, everyone did. That’s what brought him to the training grounds.

Lush trees surrounded the clearing, throwing targets set up on side with the remaining space devoted to sparing. Chain link fences kept the civilians back at a safe distance. Only fully-fledged ninja were permitted to use the training grounds. The dirt was hard packed from many a battle fought, loose dust blowing in the slight breeze. Scorch marks marred what few weeds poked through the dirt, evidence of a recent bout.

It was Kaito’s first time here, and he felt like he didn’t belong in his white lab coat. This was a place for warriors, not boys carrying kunai. He half turned to leave before convincing himself to stay. This place was his as much as any jounin. He was a genin now. That meant the village trusted him to wield his kunai in their name. And if he was going to do that, he’d better practice at it. The reputation of the hidden leaf was on the line.

Kaito stepped up across from the throwing targets, snapping open the first slot in the kunai holster on his thigh. He slipped a finger through the ring, drawing the blacked blade forth. With a snap of his arm, he slung the kunai into the wooden target with a satisfying ‘thunk’. It didn’t land dead center. He wasn’t that good a shot. But it wasn’t at the very edge either. There was definite room for improvement. Shuriken next.

The bracers hidden up he sleeves each had a line of shuriken set into slots on their undersides. Kaito brought his right-hand palm up and his left palm down, reaching up opposite sleeves to draw for a four-pointed throwing star each. From that crossed position he snapped each arm forward, the throwing star getting released on a straight trajectory into the wooden target. The shuriken dug their spikes into the wooden on opposite sides of the kunai, Kaito’s aim on target without being entirely true.

“Hmmm…”,
he muttered as he looked over the results of his throws. He could do better than that, right?
Aburame Kaito - Genin of the Leaf
Vixen - C Ranked Missing Ninja

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 am

Fanho walked across the training grounds, gazing across the different swaths of genin, chuunin, and jounin training. Calibers of all kinds, training of different kinds from genjutsu, taijutsu, or ninjutsu they were all hard at work perfecting their skills. The young Jounin was impressed at the different scales on display til he reached the one of the last training fields, number twenty. He spotted a lone Genin, Aburame clan no doubt due to the goggles and type of clothing it spelled it out plain for anyone to see. The kunai was thrown with fair accuracy dabbing straight into the middle, but the way he threw it, held it, and spun it around it was clear that it wasn't his forte.

After that he watched as he threw shuriken next from leather sheaths underneath his forearms. Clever hiding spot, but with practice it'd be able to be done in a flash so it'd be neigh impossible to tell when he threw them. Practicing a bit further he'd be able to hide the shuriken underneath the shadow of the other one. "You typically train on your own? I think some outside observance could help perfect those throws?" Fanho reached into his own pouch while dragging out a kunai with a fuuinjutsu etched on it. As he slung the kunai it sunk into the trunk target down nearly to the pommel.

"Practice and train you'll be able to throw it right through the log. Would you mind snagging it for me while you're up there?" As the Aburame would turn around from Fanho, the young Awai would appear in an instance perched up on the wood target crouched looking down at the Aburame. He had used one of his Jikukan jutsu that allowed him to teleport to the kunai etched with an anchor fuuinjutsu for his techniques. "And with practice you might be able to do this." Fanho gave a smirk as he lowered himself to sitting on the log before holding his hand out. "My names Fanho."
Jutsu UsedShow
Open Space: Blink
C-rank Ninjutsu
Pre-Requisite: Fuuinjutsu • Blink Tag, 35 Control
Fanho will channel chakra to his body as he focuses on one of his Fuuinjutsu • Blink Tag's which act as a conduit for this technique. As long as he focuses on a specific object or place tagged with this fuuinjutsu he can open space around himself and anything he is touching to teleport there instantly as long as its within 40 meters of himself.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:57 pm

“I don’t do much of this type of training.”, he admitted to the stranger. “At least not since I graduated. It was never really my forte.” That was when Fanho drew out his own kunai. Behind his goggles, Kaito’s eyes focused on the etching in the steel. ‘Just what is that?', he thought before Fanho slung the weapon at the target, burying the kunai unbelievably deep in the wooden target.

Impressive or annoyance? That was the question when it came to Fanho. Sure, everything was possible with enough training. But just how was he going to dig that kunai out of that log and why didn’t he go get it himself? Fanho buried it so deep that he’d have trouble grabbing the ring, let alone pulling it out. As Kaito turned toward the target to retrieve their projectiles he couldn’t help but think, ‘Oh great… He teleports too?’ Kaito observing him perched atop the log with a raise of his eyebrows underneath his goggles.

Dust wafted up, being disturbed with each step as he crossed the open field to the targets where Fanho sat on top of the target. It was an awkward position to shake hands with, to be sure. No matter though, there were other targets, Kaito leaping atop the next target over, drawing his legs up under him so that he landed in a crouch on the balls of his feet. He raised his hand up to Fanho to shake, likely making him turn. As he did so, Shijikonchū began roiling forth from beneath the loose blue pant legs of his scrubs, the larvae swarming down the side of the log and over onto the one Fanho sat on. They gathered over the thrown ninja tools, using their combined strength to pull Kaito’s kunai and shuriken from the log before bearing them away on their backs, back over to Kaito’s log.

“Aburame Kaito. Nice to meet you.”, he said evenly as his ninja tools were carried up his body and deposited back in their respective places by the swarm, the Shijikonchū receding back under his loose clothes with their job done.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Fanho watched as Kaito's swarm crossed over onto the target he sat on. He watched as the bugs hard at work pulled the kunai out carrying it over to Kaito. "Ah you're an Aburame, I had my suspicions, but that's cool!" Fanho seemed a bit in awe over the swarm. He never had a chance to really work close with an Aburame, aside from Ko which they had limited interaction since their Chuunin exam. In-fact Fanho was pretty certain Ko was still a Chuunin. "I don't really work a whole lot with anyone from the Aburame. So its always fun for me to see how you guys operate." Fanho reached down and dislodged his own kunai before tucking it back away in its pouch.

"I'm also apart of one of the many families in Konoha. I'm an Awai, and can manipulate light although my pursuits have been lying around Jikukan, Ninpou, and Fuuinjutsu for the past couple of weeks." Fanho noticed the blue scrubs and other doctor apparel Kaito seemed to wear. It gave off the vibe as if he were a doctor in training, or perhaps a combat nurse? "What do you study? If I had to take a guess it'd be that you study iijutsu and medicine?" He'd pose with a quizzical expression. He was gonna get to know Kaito before he suggested the two batter it out and hone their skills. More so for Kaito's sake than his own.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 pm

‘Talkative one, isn’t he?’, Kaito thought as Fanho poured out what seemed like his life’s story. ‘Inquisitive too.’, he noted. ‘Why is he so interested? I wonder…’

“That’s right. I’m afraid I won’t be that interesting train with. Unless you want to me to try and induce a hyperoxiatic state, my offensive capabilities are very limited. I don’t recommend we try that either. I don’t think the hospital would appreciate me putting patients in it with techniques that were meant to keep people out of them.”, he said with a flat tone. He wasn’t bragging, merely stating truths. He doubted he could pull such a thing off on Fanho, but then again, the power of overconfidence was not to be underestimated. Besides, the fact that it would feel energizing before transforming into a poison for the body was misleading enough that some might be foolhardy enough to let him pull it off. Perhaps he had been thinking about the strategy for too long though. It was a bit morbid.

“So, you manipulate light, huh? I can’t say I’m really a fan. I like it dark, as you might have guessed.”, he went on, giving his dark lensed goggles a tap with his index finger. “The paper lantern festival you all throw every year is neat though. It reminds me of fireflies.”

Kaito let his eyes fall down towards his feet, pausing a moment before continuing, “But I suppose you didn’t come here to hear me wax poetic about paper lanterns.”

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:23 pm

The young Awai gave a nod at the idea of iijutsu being used in combat. "Well iijutsu can be a scary weapon if held in the right hands. I know doctors are meant to save people, but sometimes there's those who wanna do harm to the people you're trying to save." He gave a bob of the head as he thought about his words before speaking. "You ever try to use it in combat or develop any techniques for it?" The young Jounin spoke inquisitively as their conversation continued on the Aburame gave a passing thought about how they liked it dark. Which gave Fanho a good laugh. Fanho gave a shrug and a grin at the mention of speaking of the lantern festival. "People are interested in what they're interested in. If its what you like its what you like. We hold the festival to bring people closer together so I'm glad you enjoy it."

Fanho stood up on the target as he looked at Kaito. "What do you say we get some training done? I need to stretch my legs, and practice a few jutsu. I'm certain you were wanting to test your skills seeing you training a second ago." Fanho hopped off the target onto the dirt padding of the training fields as he looked into the sky the sun shine beaming down. "If there's anything in particular you're looking to get better at let me know. Me personally I'm aiming to get better at close quarters taijutsu."

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:08 am

“Not really. That’s what my Shijikonchū are for. I will be able to tend to patients remotely someday, possibly many at once. At least that’s what my aunt tells me. It’s like having a million tiny hands and eyes.”, he responded back to Fanho, missing entirely his point. No, he had never tried to weaponize his iijutsu or create offensive techniques for it. The idea was almost foreign. Sure, he could misuse a medical technique and he could see the capacity for it, but he had never set out to maliciously take advantage of his healing prowess. To do so would be deeply wrong.

“I don’t think it will be much of a test. I already know I take a punch to the face worse than most and that I seem to have a predilection to getting hit there, but I suppose I must do my duty as a ninja of Konoha and help you in whatever way I can.”, he said with a resigned grin. Kaito smiled when he was nervous. “Just watch the goggles please. Replacing them often gets expensive.”

With his piece said, he hopped down from his perch, drawing a kunai from the holster on his thigh. It was the same holster that his larvae had returned the kunai to before. Perhaps if the Awai was paying attention he might notice the Shijikonchū hitching a ride on the bandage wrapped handle.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Fanho was already at work deducing his opponent's plan of attack as he took notice of the shijikonchu streaming down to the bandage wrapped kunai. "Well come at me with everything you have. I'm here to help build the next generation of Genin into fine shinobi. Its what the next up and coming Hokage should be doing." With a smirk Fanho took notice of his mentioning of the goggles. He gave a nod as he stood with his hands in his pockets opposite to Kaito. "I won't be damaging your goggles, but don't be afraid about hurting me. I can take it." He gave a wink as he chuckled. Albeit Fanho was aware of the dangers the Aburame's beetles possessed being able to rip people down to shreds, he felt comfortable that Kaito wouldn't be truly tested or could train properly if he wasn't allowed to let loose.

"Alright Kaito, let's see what you can deal."
Jutsu UsedShow
Konoha Smash • Fool Me Once
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
After seeing a move done once in a battle whether it be a taijutsu maneuver, ninjutsu, or genjutsu, Fanho has already committed the actions to memory quickly being able to identify which jutsu or technique is being used. This means he can predict what attacks he should prepare for once he sees the wind-up for them. Only permitting if hes seen the technique done once before.

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Fanho probably thought he knew what Kaito was planning, but he was likely wrong. Almost no one outside the Aburame clan could tell the sex of a given insect at a glance. A female larva really didn’t look all that different from a male one, but they had the ability to release a powerful pheromone. For a while, he could use the males to track it for miles. Even after that, they could find her anywhere within a half mile. If he could get the female onto Fanho, he’d have no where he could hide. Getting her on would be the hard part.

Kaito threw the kunai with it’s single hitchhiker towards Fanho’s right foot with a grunt, trying to draw his eyes down and away from the punch he snapped from his throwing arm with a sharp exhalation towards the Awai’s face. Of course, his stance and step into the punch would have given the attack away even to someone who was looking down. Feet could be a strong indicator of intent, after all.

Although Kaito was clueless to how easily read his attack was, he knew someone of Fanho’s stature was unlikely to fall for his misdirection. That was why that move in itself was a misdirection, the female larva bolting from the kunai towards Fanho’s feet, hopefully while he was engaged in dealing with the punch.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Fanho took notice as the kunai was thrown, he was aware there was the shijikonchu on it so he had to steer clear of the kunai to prevent being tagged with whatever the young Aburame had on it. He had figured if Kaito hadn't planned on misusing his medical iijutsu, he definitely had the ideas inserted at least so it may be a possibility in the future. As he funneled chakra letting the kunai get close before it immediately stopped in the air surrounded by the hue of dark blueish purple chakra. If at all this kid was definitely gonna try to attach some of his beetles to deal damage.

This would at least stop the Shijikonchu from reaching Fanho while he danced over the kunai circling to Kaito's right with immense speed. This gave him another avenue after all he backed himself against the edge of the training field. From there he skidded about ten meters behind Kaito before awaiting another attack from the Genin. He was quick thinking and had to give him credit. He definitely had a plan, the will to act, and was not afraid of getting close. For a medic it was pretty gutsy, and Fanho admired that aspect as he grinned. "That was clever. You're good, and you have some plan up your sleeve. To be quite honest I haven't figured out all the details yet."
Jutsu UsedShow
Close Time: Halt
C-rank Ninjutsu
By focusing his chakra Fanho can channel enough chakra to freeze a single projectile within a 5 meter radius that is no larger than 33 meters. For the next 3 posts this projectile will stay frozen in place requiring a strength of which it was originally thrown at to move it. At the end of 3 posts the jutsu will follow through as normal.

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 am

Fanho jetted off to his right so quickly that his fist found air when he went to follow up on his throw. He had thrown his full body weight into the attack, trying to destroy the area behind Fanho’s head. He stumbled forward a step, reorienting himself. ‘Shit!’, Kaito thought as he lost track of Fanho. ‘Where is he?’

Flipping through a quick set of two hand seals he closed his left eye, a single shijikonchū slithering up his neck and onto the back of his head as he did so. He felt the sensation of reopening his eye, though it remained closed. Instead he was looking through the eyes of the shijikonchū. The larva’s eyes weren’t as keen as his own, Fanho being a human shaped mass with unnatural coloration.

‘He’s behind me!’, Kaito thought, surging his swarm out from beneath the legs of his pants to create a defensive barrier behind him even as he turned. The larvae spread along the ground behind him, radiating out from his feet to create a several meter area covered by the insects. The message was clear, ‘cross at your own peril’. Kaito meanwhile reached down to his thigh holster once more, popping another snap loose as he drew the second kunai of five from within.

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you my secrets, at least not until you buy me dinner first!”, he called across to Fanho, a nervous grin on his lips. He raised the kunai, spinning it on his finger about the ring of the pommel as a kind of salute to Fanho.

“For a person who professes to want to get better at fighting up close, you sure are a long way off. Why don’t you come over here?”, he asked, trying to bait Fanho into a closer range confrontation. It wouldn’t do any good to just tell him that he didn’t have any long range techniques, after all.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 pm

The young Jounin gave a hearty laugh as Kaito pointed out the obvious. Yes, Fanho did say he wanted to practice his up close taijutsu, however he knew he couldn't get as close as he wanted knowing his opponent's Shijikonchu were swarming around him. However as long as Fanho was fast enough he could skirt around it. Especially with his space/time he could blink out of the danger zone in an instant. Fanho slipped one of his trademark kunai out of his pocket as stealthily as he could tossed it behind him trying to hide its sight from Kaito.

"You're right. Allow me to get serious here." As the words left Fanho's lips his eyes contorted into a focused manner, giving Kaito all of his attention. From here on out he was serious, and he hoped Kaito wouldn't let this determination shake him. With the glow of Hiton chakra Fanho shot out a hand of hiton chakra from his right hand that would soar past Kaito's head at an incredible speed similar to what Fanho shot off with after he dodged Kaito's attack. The hand wouldn't be aimed for Kaito, no, but the tree behind him as it'd latch onto the tree singing the bark. From there like a whip Fanho would pull himself towards the hand as if reeling himself towards Kaito at a great speed.

From there Fanho reached out snagging Kaito's kunai pouch he had seen him retrieve his favorite projectile weapon from. He yanked off the pouch with such force it would be taken away from Kaito with as little as a tug. However within a snap of yanking the pouch Fanho would immediately disappear from Kaito as if he hadn't been there. However he had used his teleportation technique from earlier when he originally met Kaito to set himself back at the kunai he threw behind himself. However unbeknownst to Kaito, every time Fanho used his teleportation jutsu he had to wait even longer than before. It was a tiring style.
Jutsu UsedShow
Hiton • Reach
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra to his fist, Fanho right fist will glow bright with Hiton chakra. During this time Fanho can create a hand of hiton chakra that can reach out up to 20 meters away and grab with 20 strength. This hand reacts at a speed equal to that of Fanho's strength as he throws and pulls it. This hand lasts for 5 posts.

Open Space: Blink
C-rank Ninjutsu
Pre-Requisite: Fuuinjutsu • Blink Tag, 35 Control
Fanho will channel chakra to his body as he focuses on one of his Fuuinjutsu • Blink Tag's which act as a conduit for this technique. As long as he focuses on a specific object or place tagged with this fuuinjutsu he can open space around himself and anything he is touching to teleport there instantly as long as its within 40 meters of himself.

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:59 am

Kaito ducked as the arm of light flew over his shoulder, attempting to dodge what appeared to be an attack to him. Much like a batter, Fanho’s speed forced him to make his decision and act immediately. It was his only hope of keeping up. Like the batter, his chance of being correct or ‘hitting’ was less than stellar.

He brought the spinning kunai to a stop, lifting his arm up overhead before slashing downward diagonally toward where he perceived Fanho’s lower extremities to be with the tip of the tool forward. His eyes blinked shut as he struck, instinct taking over and protecting his eyes. When he opened them again, Fanho was back across the field, having teleported to his kunai while Kaito’s eyes were shut.

Had he struck though? It certainly couldn’t have been a significant cut based on the lack of resistance he felt in the slash. Still, he wasn’t sure. Kaito looked down to his hand as he stood, noticing that his kunai holster was gone. Then his eyes fell to the blade. Would there be any blood? Now he would find out.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Fanho reached down as he touched his torn clothing. It had appeared Kaito had struck him, and got him fairly good as well. It struck him right in the abdomen, and now the blood began to bleed through his shirt. The Awai Jounin gave a sigh as he focused Jikukan chakra throughout his body which accelerated its process of healing. Instantly with a little steam the wound sealed shut, instantly repairing itself as if its healing process was accelerated by time itself. With close eyes one could tell with the chakra aura around Fanho it wasn't any sort of regeneration ability, but would seem as if time had rapidly been tightened to heighten his already abnormal healing ability.

"That was a good move, it was sorta negligent for me to not pay attention. Got me pretty good, anyone else, and they probably would've keeled over." He shook the kunai pouch as it sounded though Kaito had a few kunai in the pouch left over. It would seem like two were missing, while the other three sat tightly in the pouch. Fanho gave a shrug as he tossed the pouch behind him high in a tree. "Let's get rid of those pesky kunai shall we?" As he watched the pouch sail off he turned his head back towards Kaito cracking the lactic acid building in his fingers he popped his neck next. His face contorted into a grin as he was prepared to show the kid how fast he could move.

"My turn." Fanho sprinted towards Kaito with quick speed covering the distance as he focused massive amounts of Jikukan chakra to his hand as he would grab Kaito's kunai by the blade before it faded into a dust being carried away into nothingness carried away by time. This kunai wouldn't return like the rest of Kaito's. As if on queue the kunai with the shijikonchu, Fanho had frozen earlier fell to the ground. With Kaito's main line of defense gone, Fanho would usher a kick to Kaito's stomach soft enough it wouldn't hurt him, but knock the air out of him and send him flying back a few meters.
Jutsu UsedShow
Tighten Time: Regeneration
A-rank Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra throughout his body Fanho will tighten the time on his bodily processes increasing his bodies natural healing process. This will give him enhanced regeneration time reducing all stamina based regeneration by -3 posts. This tightening of time lasts for 5 posts before returning his bodies natural healing process.

Erase Space: Complete Erasure
A-rank Ninjutsu
Fanho will focus Jikukan chakra into the palms of his hands as he makes contact with an object. After making contact the object will fade into a dust before disappearing entirely erased completely from the universe. However the object cannot be larger than 33 meters big, and it must be an inanimate, non-living object. This form of erasure will not self correct, and wipe it completely.

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:31 pm

Drip. Drip. Drip. Bright red fluid covered the forward slashing edge of Kaito’s kunai, droplets forming at the stabbing tip whereupon they dripped down into the shijikonchū swarm at his feet. His eyes raised from the blade following the ground to where the Awai stood across from him. His eyes began at the top of his form, working their way down as he had been trained. It only took a moment to arrive at his abdomen as fresh blood began to soak his shirt around a slash in the fabric.

Never before had he laid someone open with a sharp instrument. Sure, he had wielded a kunai many times, but he had never actually followed through on a strike in his previous spars. He had thought Fanho would have avoided it, so he never bothered to stop his swing short of connecting. Now he didn’t know what to do.

In the space of a moment, the surging of blood throbbed in his ears. His own heart rate skyrocketed, pupils dilating behind his goggles. His coloration, while normally somewhat pale, became ashen as Fanho rushed in, crushing Kaito’s larvae under his sandals as he did. The kunai disintegrated in his hand, dust slipping through trembling fingers.

The kick caught him full on in the gut, stunned and senseless. The force lifted him off his feet and tossed him like a ragdoll onto the ground, body splaying as he impacted. He felt like he couldn’t breathe. At first, he felt like he couldn’t move either, but that sensation faded but a moment later. Kaito rolled onto his side, halfway curled into a fetal position. He threw up in the dirt, head spinning.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:13 pm

After Fanho had kicked Kaito in the gut, he then realized the boy had froze mid spar, as Fanho got caught up. At least he hadn't hurt the kid. The young Jounin quickly rushed to Kaito as he placed his hand on his back and rubbed it to help ease the trauma that was induced. "Just let it all out, take deep breaths." Fanho gestured to his stomach as he continued speaking. "Look I'm a-okay, you didn't hurt me at all." Fanho patted Kaito's shoulder as he sat next to Kaito. "I was the same way the first time I drew blood too."

Fanho recollected his first mission which he killed thirteen people in total. It wasn't an easy task, but in the midst he just was numb to all the death he caused. Never did Fanho ever get used to it, but just knew it was necessary to protect the ones he loved, the weak, and those unable to deal with forces greater than themselves. It was an important lesson he learned, he still hated to kill however. It was a waste of precious life, but at the same time the deceased had wasted their life taking others, or making it a living hell. It was a necessary evil in most situations, but occasionally one could pull someone from the brink of losing themselves entirely to this evil.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”