Individual Points: Typically abbreviated "IP", characters points are the primary currency spent on the forum. IP are gained through activities through characters, and can be used to purchase anything. IP can be transferred between characters. IP can be transferred to your other characters at a 2:1 ratio.
Event Points: Typically abbreviated "EP", Event points are the points seen on a user profile. EP are strictly used for users that do not have a character to store points on.
If you want to use points to just buy things, here is the pricing list:
|E-Ranked Jutsu||1 point|
|D-Ranked Jutsu||2 points|
|C-Ranked Jutsu||3 points|
|B-Ranked Jutsu||5 points|
|A-Ranked Jutsu||7 points|
|S-Ranked Jutsu||10 points|
|Exchanging for like rank jutsu||2 points|
|Disposable Weapons (Kunai, Arrows, 15m of Wire, etc)||1 point for 15|
|Swords, Hammers, and standards||2 points|
|Explosive (Max 15, per character to include companions)||5, any quantity, per type.|
|1 Stat||3 Points|
|General Equipment (bandages, gauze, vials, etc.)||2 Points|
Members can achieve discounts off of their weapons when they do a topics towards earning said weapon. These topics come with limitations however. 1/2 Points are earned during the topic, but for the total amount of points earned x2 gets discounted off the weapon. To demonstrate this it is shown in the spoiler below.
And that is how discounts work with weapons.
- The strength of the user must be at least 2/3rds the strength of the weapon, otherwise the weapon is unusable to the wielder. For example to utilize a crossbow that shoots at 35 strength, the user would need 23 strength. The strength required to wield a weapon can be determined using the formula: Strength required = 2*(Strength of Weapon/3).
- If a character receives a weapon created by another player, such as a kunai with a special fuuinjutsu on it, the user receiving the weapon can add it to their sheet to used beyond that thread at 50% the cost. Using it within the thread costs the recipient no points. Moderator discretion will be used in cases where this could be abused.
- Techniques that are based on using projectiles are defaulted at being done with a Bows or launcher, meaning a projectile technique that does not utilize a bow or launcher would be considered more complex, and thus be +1 rank.
- When a projectile is launched with a bow or launcher, it is considered as having 1.5x its launching strength for the sake of defenses. Since defenses have 2.5x strength against strikes weaker than them, if a 30 strength defense was erected it would have 75 strength, and after a projectile was thrown at it with 20 strength, it would then have 55 strength left. However if a projectile was shot/launched at it with 20 strength, the defense would lose 30 strength, giving it 45 strength remaining.
- This bonus applies only to launchers that are listed in equipment, not those created through jutsu. Projectiles made through equipment or jutsu can confer this bonus however.
Poisons Poisons come in two types: natural and artificial. Natural poisons are free and found on summons, pets, and companion creatures that naturally have access them. These start at the user’s rank, and increase when they rank up, but can't exceed what the poison would naturally do.
Artificial poisons are considered special weapons and are priced by staff based on their effects, duration, method of transition, and quantity.
Training Another option to get jutsu or raise stats is to train for them. This involves posting a lonely or social where you have your character train according to the following table:
|Training||Base Word Count||Training||Base Word Count|
|E-Ranked Jutsu||1000||D-Ranked Jutsu||1400|
|C-Ranked Jutsu||1800||B-Ranked Jutsu||2200|
|A-Ranked Jutsu||2600||S-Ranked Jutsu||3000|
If a person were to train jutsu of a concentration same as their Primary Affinity, their minimum for that affinity is 300 words instead of the traditional 400.
Stat training, though is a bit different. You are only allowed to stat train 75 times. You cannot combine stat trainings into a single word count; for example: having a 1000 word tai training and 1000 word speed training, and just training for 2000 words. Each training must meet the count separately. Stat trainings are always 1000 words in length, though a moderator may request that you add additional information if they feel it was not adequate enough. Companions follow the same guide lines for stat training, but can only stat train 25 times. You can train multiple stats of the same kind by increasing the word count as necessary. For example, writing a 2000 word stat training for strength will earn you 2 strength stats, 3000 words will earn you 3 strength stats, and so on so forth. However like stated before you cannot do 1000 words for strength and 1000 words for taijutsu.
Pre-Approved Jutsu You can have your jutsu approved through modifications before you train them. They are treated like any other jutsu in the grading process, and are added underneath your other jutsu in a spoiler called "Pre-Approved Jutsu". However there are limitations that come with this.
- Jutsu may not be used until trained/bought
- Pre-approved jutsu can be trained in Socials.
What requires to be purchased and what doesn't is left to the discretion of the moderating team. And they will be priced on a case by case basis until further notice.