Sparkling Daydream

Kabu

Sparkling Daydream

Post by Kabu » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 am

I. Lately nights had been difficult for Eiko, being either sleepless or unrestful even when she managed to fall asleep. Oftentimes she found herself being plagued by nightmares and other times she simply tossed and turned with no results, leaving her to simply lie awake until sleep finally claimed her. This particular night fell among the latter. Eiko let out a sigh as she lay on her side and stared at the wall on the far side of her bedroom. For yet another night she had found herself tossing and turning, unable to get to sleep no matter how hard she tried. She hated it, even the nightmares being preferable to no sleep at all, even if the end result was essentially the same.

Giving up for the moment she sat up and got out of bed before walking over to her bedroom window and looking outside. It was a beautiful night with clear starry skies and the moon shining brightly through her window. After a quick stretch she got dressed and after checking on Fuu who was sound asleep on the couch, having decided that her bed wasn't a great choice due to her tossing and turning, headed out for a walk.

It was strange how empty and quiet the streets of Kumogakure were at night but for once she didn't really mind. She was out to clear her head and a lot of people around would just serve as a distraction. She also happened to be headed towards a park where a solitary swing sat, one that had always helped to calm her down when she was younger. Recently she had been extremely stressed and needed some time to herself so she could just relax and this seemed a perfect time to revisit one of her favorite spots from her childhood. Eventually it came into sight and a smile crept onto her face at the sight of the swing sitting dangling from a branch undisturbed even after all these years. Approaching it she gently took a seat, taking a moment to adjust her admittedly much larger rear end to the seat. It was a bit of a tight squeeze but she managed to fit and with a swing of her legs she pumped, enjoying the soothing feeling brought on by the breeze swept up by the now moving swing. With each swing she began to feel more at ease, eventually forgetting her problems, feeling better than she had in a while even if it was just for the moment.

She was in total bliss and wouldn't have even registered that there was another person in the area if they didn't speak up.

“Eiko? Is that you?”

At the mention of her name a frown came to her face at the thought of being interrupted but it quickly changed to a look of surprise which again quickly changed to a small smile as she spotted the intruder. It was a face that she hadn't seen in years but recognized nonetheless. It was the face of her best friend from her childhood. “Yoko... It's been a long time. Five years right?”

The girl named Yoko slowly nodded. “Yeah that sounds about right.

There was an awkward silence between the two girls after that, neither of them knowing what to say after being reunited after so many years. The silence continued and then after several moments Eiko finally couldn't take it anymore and stopped swinging, practically leaping off the swing as she threw herself at the other girl, tears overflowing as she squeezed her and began bawling. “YOKO I can't believe that I get to see you again. Especially after what I did the day that you got adopted.”

Yoko, being the considerably taller of the two looked down at her old friend and rubbed her hair as she bawled. “Ya know I really missed you.. and that wasn't your fault. If anything it was mine for not understanding how you felt or trying to fix it.”

Eiko continued bawling, all of her issues bubbling back to the surface and as if sensing it Yoko took her by the hand and led her back over to the swing, sitting her down and giving her a light push. With a sniffle Eiko thanked her friend and began pumping, beginning to calm down. “Jeez Eiko.. you're still just the same as you were back then. I really shouldn't have left you alone. You bury everything deep down and then let it burst when the time is right.. You know that's not healthy.”

A pout formed on Eiko's face but it quickly vanished and she let out a quiet sigh. “I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself without you looking after me.. though I would like it if we could maybe start over..” She trailed off at the end as she fell silent, wondering if she wasn't making a mistake.

Yoko patted her head and gave her another light push. It was beginning to feel just as it had when the two of them were children. “Of course we can.. now why don't you tell me everything? Something must be wrong or you wouldn't be out here at this time of night.”

Eiko slowly nodded and began to tell her old friend everything that had happened recently, all of her fears and worries that kept her awake at night. It continued late into the night before the two went their separate ways, promising to meet up again the next day.

As she arrived home, Eiko yawned and headed back to bed, finally drifting off as her head hit the pillow, she was definitely much better than she had been earlier and her mind at least was at ease for now.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Kabu

Sparkling Daydream

Post by Kabu » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:17 pm

II It was around noon on a sunny day in Kumogakure no Sato and Eiko and Yuuko were hanging out at a cafe owned by Yoko's adopted family. It had been a few days since their reunion and they were slowly getting used to hanging around each other again. “Hey Eiko do you remember when we first met?”

Eiko looked towards Yoko with a surprised look on her face, ignoring her tea and cake for the moment, even dropping her fork in shock. It didn't take her long to recover though, these sorts of questions were always asked after the protagonist had reunited with a childhood friend. “Hmm? Yeah of course I do. I could never forget even if I wanted to. Why do you ask?”

Yoko took a sip of tea as she shrugged and leaned back in her chair. “I was just curious is all.”

At that point a woman with long blonde hair that Eiko recognized as Yoko's adopted mother came up to them and decided to join them at their table, apparently having overheard their conversation and wanting to butt in. She was a friendly woman so Eiko didn't particularly mind but Yoko was glaring at her out of the corner of her eyes though she didn't say anything. Seemingly ignoring her daughter's glaring the woman spoke up. “Oh? How did you girls originally meet?” Eiko opened her mouth to answer but closed it and looked towards Yoko for permission and it didn't take long to get an answer, which came in the form of a nod.

With that she looked towards the older woman and began tapping her chin as if she was lost in thought. She was silent for just a moment before responding, a small thoughtful smile forming as she recalled the story. “Well let's see... we were five years old at the time so it was ten years ago. I don't have many memories from back then but I do remember that particular day like it was just yesterday. It started like most other days and auntie Aya was trying to get me to play with the others..”
“Come oooon Eiko chaaan. Please go play with the others!” It was a typical day at the orphanage and while most of the kids were either playing or napping and most of the caretakers were taking advantage of the peaceful moment to relax one young woman was at her wit's end trying to coax little five year old Eiko, who was currently stacking a pile of blocks, out of her lonely corner so that she could spend time with the others and maybe make some new friends.

“No.” The young girl looked up from her pile of blocks, her big brown eyes gazing at her caretaker long enough to blatantly refuse before going immediately back to stacking them, obviously content with playing by herself. Walking away from the girl and deciding it was best to leave her alone for now the young caretaker, who went by the name of Aya, rubbed her temple while letting out a quiet sigh. She had specifically requested to take care of Eiko as she had been really close friends with the girl's mother but the young girl was stubborn as a mule when it came to playing with others, though she hadn't always been that way. In fact she had been getting gradually more distant as the friends she once had continued to get adopted one by one. I can't really blame her for that though.. after all it must be hard on her to be repeatedly left behind by her friends one, sometimes even two at a time.

Meanwhile Eiko hummed to herself as she knocked over her now finished block tower and began rebuilding it, a small smile coming to her face and a light giggle escaping from her, it being clearly obvious that she was enjoying herself and unknown to her another young girl with long black hair and deep brown eyes, this one going by Yoko, had detached herself from her own small group of friends and was watching her intently. Ignoring her friend's protests as she began walking away from them she headed towards Eiko and boldly spoke up. “Hey!”

With a frown on her face Eiko looked up towards the strange, really tall girl who had interrupted her, studying the other with her big brown eyes, trying to discern her intentions for approaching her. It only lasted for a moment though before she blinked and a small smile formed on her face, indicating she liked what she had seen. “Heya.”

Yoko gave her a toothy grin. “I'm Yoko! Would you like to play with me?”

Eiko simply stared at her again for a moment, shocked that someone had actually approached her as she was usually ignored by the others but at the same time she was happy. “Okay! Oh yeah I'm Eiko.”

“Alright let's go then!” Yoko grabbed her by the hand and practically dragged her into another area of the building at breakneck speed. As they hurried unknown to them Aya was watching them with a smile on her face, having just came back into the room mere moments before. Of course those two girls are going to get along absolutely wonderfully. Guess there's no reason to be worried about Eiko after all.
“..and that's all there is to it. We instantly connected and until Yoko had been adopted we were inseparable.” Eiko leaned back in her chair as she watched for a reaction from her story. Sure it hadn't been very exciting and rather short but that really was all there was to it.

Yoko was the first to respond, running her hand through her short black hair and giving a toothy grin, “Yeah that's all there is to it alright. I had been watching her for a while and after a few days finally realized that she didn't interact with others unless they approached her first so I had to take the initiative and I'm glad that I did.” Eiko immediately nodding in agreement as she finished speaking.

At this point they were both looking towards Yoko's mother for a response from the older woman. It took a moment before she responded though and when she did it was accompanied by a small smile. ”It seems to me like you two were made for each other and maybe you're reunion was organized by someone more powerful than any of us.” As she finished speaking she excused herself and began walking away as the two girls looked towards each other, a smile on each of their faces as they nodded in agreement and knew that somehow things were going to turn out alright.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Kabu

Sparkling Daydream

Post by Kabu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:44 pm

III A single scream echoed throughout Kumogakure's hospital as Eiko shot up in her bed, her cheeks soaked with tears and breathing heavily. ”Everyone...” she muttered to herself, blinking and staring down at her lap as she tried to get the images out of her head. It was at that point that she heard the door open but she didn't look up until she heard a voice, a voice belonging to a young woman with long brown hair. ”Is everything alright in here, Eiko? I heard a scream and rushed right over.”

”Yeah, Iko. I'm fine. I just had a nightmare.” she said, trying and mostly failing to give the young woman a smile. She had been stuck in the hospital for a short while now and it seemed that something had slowly been killing her mood, whether it was a series of repeated nightmares or something else.

”Again? That's two just this week alone and don't even get me started on how spacey you've been. Now what's going on? At this point I know for sure that something's bothering you. Now, I realize that I started as just another doctor but I like to think that at this point that we've become friends.” Iko spoke, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

She let out a quiet sight, looking out the window and down towards the village below, the tears flowing again as she recalled the nightmares, the looks on everyone's faces as she had watched everyone that she cared about fall one by one, even those that had already passed. ”I'm worthless, that's what. I just had to succumb to illness at the worst moment and now for all I know everyone that I care about could be dead or worse because I'm not there to help them.” she said, trying to avoid screaming again as she sobbed.

In the next moment she heard the young doctor making 'shh'ing sounds as she wrapped her in a light hug. ”Calm down, stressing yourself out like this isn't going to help your condition any and you know that. Trust me, I know that you're worried and that it hurts to be unable to do anything while everyone you love is fighting in their own way but how do you think they would feel if they knew that you were slowly killing yourself because of them?”

”I… I don't know.. I guess that they would be sad.” she replied, sniffling as she tried to do as she was told and thinking about what she had just been told. She was unsure how to response as she knew that the doctor was right.. it wasn't healthy for her to be stressing herself out too much as she had been. She had after all been hospitalized due to a severe illness, one that had affected her mother and had ultimately proven to be her undoing as the stress of labor had been too much for the woman.

At that Iko released her and laid her back on the bed, leaning her ear down to her chest and listening for a moment, a grimace crossing her face at what she heard. ”Jeez girl, your heartbeat is through the roof. Can you not feel that or have you just been ignoring it?” she said, looking at her with an equally sharp tone and gaze.

Now of course Eiko had been having pains and she had felt what Iko was talking about but she had been trying to ignore it, as she hadn't been wanting to be anymore of a bother. ”I.. I just didn't want to be much more of a bother than I already was. I mean, I'm already taking up a room because I can't go home and my condition means that I can't be left alone for extended periods of time sooo.”

That was almost too much for Iko to bear and she had to actively hold herself back from slapping the poor sick girl. Instead she simply stood up, pinching the bridge of her nose and letting out another sigh, obviously stressed out herself. ”You're not a bother. You're very very sick and that's why you can't be left alone. It's not a bother at all. Now stop talking like that, I'm serious. Thoughts like that and others are the cause of your nightmares and exactly why you're not getting any better. Now I'll be right back” she said, a bit of a harsh tone to her voice as she turned and left the room, Eiko rolling onto her side after she had exited.

Maybe she's right.. she did after all take the time to become friends with me and even offered to watch over me herself.. So maybe I'm not a bother.. though I still don't like having to be so dependent.

It was just a few moments before Iko returned and she rolled back over, sitting up with a bit of assistance. ”I'm sorry for being harsh, I'm just worried about you is all. Not as a doctor but as a friend. Though of course I still have to remain professional.” Iko said, giggling lightly as she handed the young girl a set of pills. ”These should help you to get back to sleep and should help with any pains that you're having.” she continued, hugging the girl before standing back up and walking out the door, turning off the lights as she exited. ”Goodnight.”

”G'night.. and thank you.” Eiko said, yawning after downing the pills and plopping back down onto her side, looking out the window towards the moon. ”Everyone.. please be safe. I'll be out of here as soon as I can.. I just have to get better first.”
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Kabu

Sparkling Daydream

Post by Kabu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Up until around a month or so ago Eiko had been laid up for quite some time and while she had recently been getting back in shape and learning to fight again, there was one thing in particular that she had been neglecting, her Ninjutsu. As such she was going to work on getting back to snuff in that area, and what better way was there than to go back to the basics and learn a new element? She had recently come to the decision that she would learn to make use of all five basic affinities just as Hayate had, and starting today she was going to work towards that goal.

Anyways, considering how so far her arsenal was mostly built for defensive purposes, for today at least she was going to be starting with Katon, the fire release, to build up more of an offense. And as such she was in a fairly secluded area of the village, not wanting to hurt anyone with a technique gone wrong.

She already knew where to start and that was with the Fireball technique, which really was just as it sounded. It was rather simple really, though it was a D rank technique after all so it was bound to be easy. First of all she had to form handseals, then gather chakra to her gullet, and then finally take a deep breath and release it in the form of a fireball.

Taking a breath to calm her nerves at training by herself for the first time in ages she closed her eyes for a moment and began to form the necessary handseals, gathering chakra and envisioning the technique in her mind, mentally going through each step as she proceeded.

Anyways, with the handseals formed and chakra gathered, she took a deep breath and released the gathered chakra, a fireball forming as she exhaled. Though it fizzled out before it had really traveled all too far.

”Hmm, maybe I was a bit too hasty in the release. It formed properly but it didn't last nearly long enough to do any actual damage. Let's try this again.” Muttering those words to herself, she repeated the same process as before, forming the required handseals and gathering chakra before taking a deep breath, this time holding it for a few extra seconds before exhaling, the fireball that formed this time traveling until it hit a nearby mountainside.

”Success!”
Fireball 404/400Show
*Katon • Fireball
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user draws in a deep breath before exhaling out a 1/2 meter diameter fireball at the opponent. It travels up to 10 meters away at a speed of 6 and a strength of 4.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Kabu

Sparkling Daydream

Post by Kabu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:11 pm

With the Fireball technique having been a success it was time to move onto the next technique, the Torch technique. Of course it was mid-day and the sun was bright in the sky, as such she moved slightly into the shade where it was a bit darker to properly practice this particular technique, given it's purpose. She had doubts of this technique's usefulness as it's purpose was to light up an area, a useless thing given her current condition, but it could possibly prove beneficial to others and really that was good enough for her.

She had already read up on the technique and was about to get started but the thought of her condition did cause her to take pause for a moment. Should she really be doing this? Not only was her sight growing dimmer by the day but she also had her heart to worry about. Just as soon as the negative thoughts came though she shook them off. No, she couldn't be thinking like that. She had already made the decision to keep going regardless of the consequences. She couldn't quit, for the sake of everyone that had helped her back up on her feet while she had been feeling at her lowest.

With that in mind, there was no room to dawdle, it was time to get started. However instead of immediately forming the hand seals as she had last time she first went through a practice run to make sure that she had them entirely memorized. Once satisfied she began to form the necessary handseals for real and took a deep breath, imagining a flame that got brighter and brighter until getting bright enough to successfully light even the darkest of areas.

With the image firmly in mind she exhaled a small jet of flame, which then proceeded to shape itself into a ball that as it grew larger, also grew in brightness just as she had imagined, the small area that she had chosen to practice in quickly becoming illuminated further and further, until finally the light coming from the fireball managed to cover a whole 5 meter area. It was fairly impressive at the least but there was one thing that she wanted to try, and as such formed another set of handseals and formed a kunai of earth which she then used to strike the ball of flame taking note that it seemed to be fairly solid, though it also didn't seem to be able to withstand the impact and dissipated almost immediately. On the surface it seemed that she had gotten something wrong but the scroll that she had read earlier had said as much so she knew that this had been a success as well.
Torch - 456/400Show
*Katon • Torch
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will exhale a small jet of flame directly in front of them. The ball lights up the surrounding area in a 5 meter radius and has a durability of 5. Unless destroyed, it will stay locked in it's location for 5 posts before fading.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Kabu

Sparkling Daydream

Post by Kabu » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:02 pm

Eiko had been a Jounin for some time now and yet while she had made a good deal of progress she knew her skillset was still lacking. She had gained a great deal of skill in Suiton and Doton and knew some general theory for Raiton but there were still two basic elements she knew nothing of and she only had a rudimentary knowledge of sensory, not to mention her Taijutsu still needed some work.

All in all there was a lot of work to be done and she had decided to start with sensory, specifically Empathy, a type of sensory making use of the elements. She had learned to make use of basic Doton Empathy some time ago and today she was going to learn to do the same with Suiton.

For that purpose she found herself at a local hot spring, one of her favorite places in the village. She really preferred to train in solitude but for this to work there needed to be other people around… Besides, on what other occasion would she be able to get in some relaxation while working? It was a win-win situation.

So she found herself in a public bath, eyes closed with her hands up as she channeled chakra through her body. She placed her hands down on the surface of the water, waves of chakra spreading through the area as she did. It took only a moment for it to return to her, a very fuzzy image of her surroundings coming into her head, almost like static. It was a start but while an image had appeared she couldn’t actually see anything, meaning she needed to try again.

She dismissed the image, took a deep breath, and channeled chakra again, focusing a bit harder and holding it for just a little bit longer this time before releasing it and gently placing her hands down on the water once more. The waves of chakra once more bounced across the water, soon enough returning to her at which point a still fuzzy but much clearer image had appeared in her mind. This time she could tell there was a group of about five others, though that was all she could tell before the image faded from her mind. That was fine however, it meant she was getting closer to her end goal.

Once more she channeled and released, a vivid image coming into view as her chakra bounced back and returned to her. Present alongside her was a group of five women. The image was completely still so she couldn’t be sure but they seemed to be chatting amongst themselves and having a general good time. The image faded, Eiko opening her eyes and smiling as she looked over towards the group, whom had finally noticed her and beckoned her over, to which she smiled and nodded.

She still had work to do, but she could do that later. Now it was time for fun.
Approaching Tides – 612/400Show
*[Sensory Style • Approaching Tides]
C-rank Ninjutsu
The user will do a series of hand seals and place their hands to a body of water. Releasing waves of chakra out of their hands. These waves of chakra will bounce back to the user after traveling out 50 meters on the surface of the water. As the chakra returns to the user it will evoke an image in the users head of the surface of the body of water, anything on the surface, and anything up to 5 meters under the surface of the water. These are still images, not moving images, but can give the user a good idea of what is happening if they aren’t able to see otherwise.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”